PDA

View Full Version : what team could Jose Calderon help most?

11jgib
08-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Calderone has always been highly underated. He shoots well, rarely turns the ball over and is a steady locker room presence. Last year it seemed the lakers would be the best fit for him. This year it is unclear.I can't think of a team that particularly needs or wants him. Everyone seems to have a solid guard or someone they are deveolping.

Maybe houston to back up and help jeremy lin develop? Idk I can't find anyone. Clearly toronta would love to move on though into the kyle lowry era. What are your thoughts?

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Dallas

11jgib
08-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Dallas actually would be a good fit. Great insurance for if the collison experiment fails. Calderone will remain effective probably about the same amount of time dirk does

N3TS
08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
He's best used as a back up pg or 6th man.

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Lakers

asap_simba
08-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Dallas

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Bobcats

Tmath
08-04-2012, 04:05 PM
#Raptors4life

IndyRealist
08-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Indiana, if they can choke down paying George Hill $8M/yr to backup PG and SG. That'd be a pretty stacked team.

smith&wesson
08-04-2012, 04:18 PM
if we can resign him for the midlevel after next season i think theres a nice spot for him off the bench in toronto. best back up pg in the game imo.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Heat, STARTING for the Champions.

If not STARTING for a contender like Dallas because its better to start the known comodity instead of the Project pg that may or may not pan out.

I find Ridiculous that people think that a dude that perenially ends 1st in Turnover per Assists ratio, finished 4th in apg last year and perenially ends top 10 in such a categoria has to be a "back up".

If his name was Joe Cauldron born on Winnipeg people would actually be saying that he should make all star games.

bucketss
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM

If not STARTING for a contender like Dallas because its better to start the known comodity instead of the Project pg that may or may not pan out.

I find Ridiculous that people think that a dude that perenially ends 1st in Turnover per Assists ratio, finished 4th in apg last year and perenially ends top 10 in such a categoria has to be a "back up".

If his name was Joe Cauldron born on Winnipeg people would actually be saying that he should make all star games.

yeah he can't play defense though. early in his career though i thought he was an allstar.

NYKnicksAllDay
08-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Right. Because he's Spanish, and all of us here are clearly racist against Spaniards, people don't think he's an all-star.

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
yeah he can't play defense though. early in his career though i thought he was an allstar.

Neither can Steve Nash

Calderon is very underrated in my opinion. Besides Dallas I think Miami would actually be the best place for Calderon. Labron would have to be willing to let Calderon play his game though. Let him be the distributor. Labron should focus on attacking (considering he's the best in the NBA at it).

Hellcrooner
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM

His defense is actually underated.
I mean, he is not GOOD at it, he lacks a bit of lateral quickness he is mediocre at the thing, but people overeact to that, half the starting pg of the league are not good at D either, and to be honest you can only do so much to stop the pauls, derons etc etc, i mean they score their 20+ points against ROndo too.

Basiclaly his not so good defense looks even worse than it is because NO ONE in toronto actually plays D, but fans put all the blame on Jose and Andrea :rolleyes:

nirvana235
08-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Jose Calderon should convert to soccer.

Byronicle
08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
lol Calderon's defense is garbage

LakersMaster24
08-04-2012, 04:51 PM
lol Calderon's defense is garbage

So is Nash's, whats your point?

You cant expect a player to be perfect. He isnt a good defender but his offense makes up for it. Calderon can ball, he is a very good player. He is a starting pointguard caliber player.

I would go insane is Lakers got him to back up Nash. Although I would prefer I much much younger guy. Calderon is awesome.

nirvana235
08-04-2012, 04:55 PM

You cant expect a player to be perfect. He isnt a good defender but his offense makes up for it. Calderon can ball, he is a very good player. He is a starting pointguard caliber player.

I would go insane is Lakers got him to back up Nash. Although I would prefer I much much younger guy. Calderon is awesome.

Nash is a great offensive player, Calderon pounds the rock for 20 seconds then passes it around like hot potato.

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Who can he help most?

Pretty simple...

Where he will end up when he gets bought out at the deadline

Yep.... bookmark this post

DA LAKERS

And before the naysayers jump in i am talking AFTER he is traded as an expiring

Jamiecballer
08-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Winnipeg is a city not a planet

shep33
08-04-2012, 05:02 PM
He and Nash would make a crazy 1-2 punch. But that's pure homerism right there. Dallas does make sense, and prior to Chicago drafting Teague and getting Hinrich, I think he would've been a nice fit there.

phantasyyy
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Nash is a great offensive player, Calderon pounds the rock for 20 seconds then passes it around like hot potato.

He may overdribble at times, but the guy is still a great fkn pg. I think the dropoff from nash-calderon at the PG spot wouldn't be that drastic as people may think, he can shoot,pass and run the team almost as well as nash can cept nash just makes everything he does str8 nashty

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
He and Nash would make a crazy 1-2 punch. But that's pure homerism right there. Dallas does make sense, and prior to Chicago drafting Teague and getting Hinrich, I think he would've been a nice fit there.

Of course Dallas/Chicago/Miami are all good landing spots but only Dallas has the asset (Marion) to get him but i doubt they will do a deal unless someone gets hurt... plus their next #1 is tied up with houston and makes a trade complicated because of its protected status.

people can believe what they want but he will be bought out at the deadline and if he is a FA he will choose to play with Pau before anywhere else.

the best thing that happened for the Lakers was him not getting amnestied...

phantasyyy
08-04-2012, 05:21 PM
But to answer the op's question the raptors need/want calderon to resign as their backup pg because if you havent watched the raptors, hes a fantastic back up pg playing alongside amir johnson.

11jgib
08-04-2012, 05:23 PM
the jazz could be a potential fit as well. they have their stars (jefferson, and in the future favors is supposed to become one), their solid players (marvin williams), their above average/sniffed allstar games or made it although prob shouldnt have players (mo.willuams, paul millsap) and young developng already solid players (hayward, kantes) a veteran pass first point guard would be a great pickup for them. They have some outstanding bigmen. They need a guy would knows how to get them the balll and although I like mo williams he is not that guy. If they had booth mo and jose that's a dangerous one two punch at point guard.

I like the indiana idea as well, but more than anything I think they lack a star.

phantasyyy
08-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Of course Dallas/Chicago/Miami are all good landing spots but only Dallas has the asset (Marion) to get him but i doubt they will do a deal unless someone gets hurt... plus their next #1 is tied up with houston and makes a trade complicated because of its protected status.

people can believe what they want but he will be bought out at the deadline and if he is a FA he will choose to play with Pau before anywhere else.

the best thing that happened for the Lakers was him not getting amnestied...

lol, hes not getting bought out. just stop. the raptors would never do that, they'd trade him before he gts bought out.. Anyway im pretty sure the raptors will push hard to get him to take a paycut from his monstrous 10m contract and extend.

why buy out an expiring?

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 05:31 PM
lol, hes not getting bought out. just stop. the raptors would never do that, they'd trade him before he gts bought out.. Anyway im pretty sure the raptors will push hard to get him to take a paycut from his monstrous 10m contract and extend.

why buy out an expiring?

:facepalm:

here... for the slow... i will point out what was in my original post

And before the naysayers jump in i am talking AFTER he is traded as an expiring

Bruno
08-04-2012, 05:38 PM

in 2008 he had the numbers for it, not today.

mdm692
08-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Lakers. Blake is garbage.

Jeff559
08-04-2012, 05:43 PM
:laugh2:

LakersMaster24
08-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Highest assist to turnover ratio and 4th in assists...the guy can run a offense. He makes people around him better.

JasonJohnHorn
08-05-2012, 01:22 AM
There is no doubt that he would be a huge help to many teams, Dallas included, but if he is inclided to play on a contender I think the Heat are the best fit. He could start, run the offence, shoot the ball well, play off the ball well because he's a great shooter, and with him and Ray Allen on the floor at the same time, well, that would just be a killer shooting rotation.

That said, I do not want Miami to win, so I do not want to see him go there.

I think LAL would also be a great fit. He'd be a perfect back-up for Nash because like Nahs he shoots the ball well, doesn't turn it over, sets up players, and even cannot play defence like Nash... lol... He's like Nash Jr.

I like Calderon, and I like Toronot (or rather, I try to like Toronto), and I would like to see him finish his career there, but obviously the franchise does not see him in their plans for the future, so since he's headed out of Toronto I'd like to see him get a ring at least, and help Nash get one in the process.

JasonJohnHorn
08-05-2012, 01:27 AM
the jazz could be a potential fit as well. .

Yes... I didn't think of that, but he would be a great fit for Utah. They desperately need a PG with calderon's skill set...

b@llhog24
08-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Blazers to mentor Lilliard. :pray:

Jenceman
08-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Lakers or Heat.

kenzo400
08-05-2012, 01:43 AM
His defense is actually underated.
I mean, he is not GOOD at it, he lacks a bit of lateral quickness he is mediocre at the thing, but people overeact to that, half the starting pg of the league are not good at D either, and to be honest you can only do so much to stop the pauls, derons etc etc, i mean they score their 20+ points against ROndo too.

Basiclaly his not so good defense looks even worse than it is because NO ONE in toronto actually plays D, but fans put all the blame on Jose and Andrea :rolleyes:

:facepalm: I guess this is the generic statement when it's a losing team. Must be bad at defense

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Lakers

Can u imagine him on our bench? WHOA...or even when nash takes a break then he and pau run the pick and roll? man exciting!!!!

Chronz
08-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Definitely Miami

SA5195
08-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Dallas

Chicago (Rose won't be back till like what, April?)

Miami

Dallas

Utah

and maybe Sacramento, Portland, and Houston

John Walls Era
08-05-2012, 02:49 AM

:laugh:

Hellcrooner
08-05-2012, 02:56 AM

You are right.
Now tell me how many ways can you cook shrimps. :D

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2012, 03:00 AM
You guys do know HellCrooner hails from Spain? I'd like to see you guys write a paragraph in Spanish and bet we would be laughing our butts off too. But hey if making fun of people make you guys feel better about yourselves, I hope and wish you guys the best.

Enjoy your day :)

And to answer the thread question, Calderon would help a lot of teams it will be interesting what happens to him with Lowry in town.

John Walls Era
08-05-2012, 03:05 AM
You guys do know HellCrooner hails from Spain? I'd like to see you guys write a paragraph in Spanish and bet we would be laughing are butts off too. But hey if making fun of people make you guys feel better about yourselves, I hope and wish you guys the best.

And to answer the thread question, Calderon would help a lot of teams it will be interesting what happens to him with Lowry in town.

#crooner4life

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2012, 03:15 AM
:up:

IndyHeatjman
08-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Miami is the best fit for calderon. Any player should have the desire to be in south beach and play with the best in the world lebron james. His addition is possible if the heat can offer norris cole and hopefully a dexter pittman for the vet pg. This would absolutley soldify a second unit.
Calderon
Allen
Battier/ or Miller
Lewis/maybe blatche/or Battier
Anthony/maybe darko
allowing some key rest for the starting five.
chalmers
wade
james
haslem
bosh
He could also let Lebron focus more on Scoring/Defense/Rebounding as apposed to running the point. I mean regardless he's the focal point of the offense but with calderon's distrbution capabilties, Lebron can look to get open instead of forcing shots.

Trueblue2
08-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Miami is the best fit for calderon. Any player should have the desire to be in south beach and play with the best in the world lebron james. His addition is possible if the heat can offer norris cole and hopefully a dexter pittman for the vet pg. This would absolutley soldify a second unit.
Calderon
Allen
Battier/ or Miller
Lewis/maybe blatche/or Battier
Anthony/maybe darko
allowing some key rest for the starting five.
chalmers
wade
james
haslem
bosh
He could also let Lebron focus more on Scoring/Defense/Rebounding as apposed to running the point. I mean regardless he's the focal point of the offense but with calderon's distrbution capabilties, Lebron can look to get open instead of forcing shots.

He would without a doubt start over chalmers...

TheNumber37
08-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Backup for Dwill

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Rockets

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Wasn't he linked with LA for a while? Now he can backup Nash. Not sure about Lakers cap space situation, but that would be a sick backup for LAL!

STL Don
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
The only way the Lakers would get involved is if Blake was in a package deal for Howard. :shrug:
He's probably gonna go to a Dallas or Indiana if anything, right now LA needs a backup sg/sf.
I would love to upgrade the backup pg position also, just unlikely to happen with Blake and Morris currently on the roster.

absolute zero
08-05-2012, 01:00 PM
He could be a starter for the timberwolves while rubio is recovering from injury.

fadedmario
08-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Detroit Pistons

Chronz
08-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I doubt Rubio starts with Miami, they need his distributing abilities when either Bron or Wade take a rest.

b@llhog24
08-05-2012, 01:41 PM
You guys do know HellCrooner hails from Spain? I'd like to see you guys write a paragraph in Spanish and bet we would be laughing our butts off too. But hey if making fun of people make you guys feel better about yourselves, I hope and wish you guys the best.

:clap:

Vinylman
08-05-2012, 01:46 PM
The only way the Lakers would get involved is if Blake was in a package deal for Howard. :shrug:
He's probably gonna go to a Dallas or Indiana if anything, right now LA needs a backup sg/sf.
I would love to upgrade the backup pg position also, just unlikely to happen with Blake and Morris currently on the roster.

how is he GONNA GO to Dallas or Indiana? both are over the cap and have zero assets to trade

He is gonna get dealt at the deadline and bought out unless there is an injury in Toronto

I'llhaveanother
08-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Lakers.

Hellcrooner
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I doubt Rubio starts with Miami, they need his distributing abilities when either Bron or Wade take a rest.

:confused:

Lakeshow24KB
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM

100% true. Props bro for sticking up for him. Much respect.

C_Mund
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Frankly, any team he landed on would instantly get better with Caldy, whether as a starter if they need it or as a sixth man.
The only thing is his contract, and not many teams have enough assets to make it worth the Raps trading one of the most steady and classy players in our franchise history. I think the general feeling is that Raps fans want him to either remain with this team or we'll send him to a true contender at the deadline with both scenarios ending in him coming back for the MLE next season.

Gagan136
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Miami, LAL, maybe Memphis