PDA

View Full Version : Which player on the USA roster will take the most from this summer to their NBA team?

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Which will use this experience to help their team the most?

nycericanguy
08-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Anthony Davis, just because he's getting the chance to be around all these great players and he's the only rookie there.

As far as guys that are actually playing, I'd say Melo. He's playing off the ball really well, he's playing with Tyson, and he's playing at the 4 which he'll probably play alot of in NY. This is by far the most talented roster he's had in NY, really the first complete season, and NY has two legit PG's now, maybe 3. Perfect storm for Melo.

Knicks21
08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Anthony Davis, develop his leadership skills. Will also really help him gain respect from the Hornet vets.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I voted melo just because I want to see if any leadership or less iso comes out of the olympics. :p But Davis is another good answer.

Lindystud36
08-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Westbrook because he needs to learn to be a leader

For OKC to win it all; he is the key

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
To be clear the question is not which player you HOPE will elevate their team most. Everyone hopes their fav team's player elevates their team.

justinnum1
08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
daivs easily

Yanks All Day
08-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Anthony Davis should be the answer, simply because he is getting to be around the best players in the world before he steps foot on an NBA court. Westbrook could also gain so much by being around floor generals like Chris Paul and Deron Williams that his game could be taken to another level.

But to me, it's LeBron. He already proved to everyone watching why he's far and away the best player in the world during the season. MVP and Finals MVP speak for themselves. But now, even Team USA belongs to LeBron. Last few minutes of the close Lithuania game, the ball's in his hands. To me, him having the greatest players in the world acknowledge that even Team USA belongs to LeBron has to give him that extra confidence going forward. Kinda like "OK, now my team is the team to beat in the NBA, but now I'm the man to beat in the world. You gotta go through me, which now I know you can't." We've seen it before, when LeBron is confident, he's unstoppable. Gotta feel confident when all of your biggest competition in the NBA is boosting you up on Team USA.

In terms of learning the game and taking away game changers, it's probably Davis/Westbrook. But in terms of confidence and morale booster going forward to really dominate the league, I'd go LeBron.

GeekInThePink
08-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I think the experience Davis gets from this helps him develop much faster.

StarvingKnick22
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
carmelo said he would.

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 11:27 AM
carmelo said he would.

That settles it.

phlp_bj
08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Going with Melo or Deron. Feel like they'll have great bounce back years and come out strong next season

JerseyPalahniuk
08-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Anthony Davis should be the answer, simply because he is getting to be around the best players in the world before he steps foot on an NBA court. Westbrook could also gain so much by being around floor generals like Chris Paul and Deron Williams that his game could be taken to another level.

But to me, it's LeBron. He already proved to everyone watching why he's far and away the best player in the world during the season. MVP and Finals MVP speak for themselves. But now, even Team USA belongs to LeBron. Last few minutes of the close Lithuania game, the ball's in his hands. To me, him having the greatest players in the world acknowledge that even Team USA belongs to LeBron has to give him that extra confidence going forward. Kinda like "OK, now my team is the team to beat in the NBA, but now I'm the man to beat in the world. You gotta go through me, which now I know you can't." We've seen it before, when LeBron is confident, he's unstoppable. Gotta feel confident when all of your biggest competition in the NBA is boosting you up on Team USA.

In terms of learning the game and taking away game changers, it's probably Davis/Westbrook. But in terms of confidence and morale booster going forward to really dominate the league, I'd go LeBron.

Yeah I was watching that last half and was surprised to see him being the only one handling the ball those last 3 possessions. It was Paul/Kobe/Durant/forgot 4th but they just handed him the ball and got to their spots. Just like you said, he was unquestionably the best player on this team and all the players seem to understand that now.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Non-USA players:

Alexey Shved (Russia)

The 6-6 guard has been the most exciting non-American player in the tournament, dazzling with deft ball handling and creative passes. He leads the Olympics in assists and his mastery of the pick-and-roll is outstanding for a 23-year-old player. Not only does he have all the skills to be effective -- a pull-up jumpshot, slick handle, great vision -- he really knows how to use a screen. He’s patient and will gladly smash his defender into a screen a couple times before he gets the angle he wants. The downside is that he’s almost equally bad at defending pick-and-rolls. Shved will play next season in Minnesota, where he is sure to become a fan favorite even as his turnover totals mount.

Luol Deng (Great Britain)

The All-Star forward primarily occupies a supporting role with the Chicago Bulls, but on Great Britain he is the go-to scorer. Deng is, along with Pau Gasol, one of two players in the Olympics leading his team in points, rebounds and assists. It’s interesting to see Deng running off of double screens along the baseline and attack from called isolations in the middle of the floor. Deng has largely delivered, although at times awkwardly, and the experience of being successful in this role may serve him well as the Bulls begin next season without their preferred offensive focal point, Derrick Rose.

Andrei Kirilenko (Russia)

After leaving the NBA to return to Russia, Kirilenko is turning in an all-time "Remember me?" performance -- making his two-year, $20 million contract with Minnesota look reasonable. At times before he left Utah, Kirilenko looked sluggish and disinterested. But with his countrymen beside him, he’s been the rangy, slashing, two-way force that made him an NBA All-Star. The Russian national team’s Princeton-informed offense involves plenty of passing and cutting, and Kirilenko has looked great catching on the go then performing a quick move to reach the basket. That’s great news in Minnesota, where coach Rick Adelman runs similar sets.

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 11:46 AM
lol at team usa belonging to lebron, melo is still the best player on the team, thanks.

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Non-USA players:

I am referring only to team USA. Too many NBA players playing in London this summer to poll them all

Also can a mod please fix my Westbroon error?

Heediot
08-04-2012, 12:13 PM
No one. If I had to choose its Davis. Being around these guys will never hurt your approach to the game.

N3TS
08-04-2012, 04:05 PM
The experience that Davis is getting is invaluable and I think he benefits the most from playing on this team this summer.

asap_simba
08-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Anthony Davis. Hes learning how the top stars in the NBA get ready for games.

smith&wesson
08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
melo..

he is going hard right now in the olympics. when the nba season starts again the knicks wont have lin and that means the ball will be in melo's hands again. i think he is going to carry his play in to the season.

#Shumpert Up
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
i was going to say davis purely because he's a rookie but that's just too easy. It has to be melo just because he is playing off-ball and not stopping the flow of the offense and still being one of the most if not the most productive player on team right now. he is defending and hustling and seems to be in a completly different world than melo of old right now. he's looking great and i think he really might come in looking better than ever this season.

JasonJohnHorn
08-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Davis. He hasn't even set foot on the floor in the NBA yet and he's getting to practice and play with the best players on the planet. This is quite the experience for this young player.

Tmath
08-05-2012, 02:25 AM
The only thing Melo will have taken out of this summer is the most shots.

Tmath
08-05-2012, 02:29 AM
I know, terrible joke.

STL Don
08-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd like to see Melo have a monster season and lead NY deep into the playoffs and really redeem his stardom. The Olympics could play a part.
Obviously Anthony Davis will benefit..
I think every player will take a piece back with them.. Even the Kobe's and LBJ's

BobbyHillSwag
08-05-2012, 09:04 AM
really? melo? what is he supposed to take from this? that he's the best player in the league? cause he's acting like it in international play.

THE MTL
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Well Anthony Davis has the most to gain because he currently has zero NBA experience and no experience with other players of his caliber until now. So thats the easy choice.

I think Carmelo Anthony will gain the second most. He has proven to be US's best scoring threat and even on the team he gets the offense to run through him amongst the likes the Durant, Kobe, Paul, and Lebron.

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I know, terrible joke.

Thank you for your sig :) I appreciate you sir