PDA

View Full Version : Will Carmelo ever be 2nd best player in NBA?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cyph34
08-03-2012, 10:40 PM
After watching how LeBron dominated the Finals by facilitating the offense through the post, I couldn't help but think how good Carmelo and the Knicks would be if the Knicks set up offense like that. He obviously would have to really start looking for other people as well and stop shooting every time he touches the ball. But, he is a huge bully on the block.

He's obviously not as fast as LBJ but he's a much better outside shooter as seen against Nigeria. He isn't known as a passer at all, but it's not like he can't pass - he can EASILY average 5+ assists a game especially if he were to operate out of the post. He can rebound.

I'm saying this, because I think out of all the other superstars in the league, he currently has the most skills and physical tools to be able to dominate a game like LeBron does. I don't know anyone else as strong, skilled, athletic as LBJ than Carmelo.

Thoughts?

b@llhog24
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
The Knicks tried to feature Melo in a point forward role, it worked out pretty bad.

Losoway
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
he is already in the top 5 without a doubt

i think he will ... the way he playing this olympics if he brings that intensity back to new york

its gonna be scary

Jarvo
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
No..

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
no. I dont think he will ever be the 2nd best SF in the nba.

i think he will ... the way he playing this olympics if he brings that intensity back to new york

its gonna be scary
:facepalm:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Did everyone in the NBA besides LeBron and Melo get on a plane that crashed and had no surviors?

If not, then no.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:49 PM

its gonna be scary

Yeah destoying Nigeria was impressive............sarcasm

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Did everyone in the NBA besides LeBron and Melo get on a plane that crashed and had no surviors?

If not, then no.

almost spit my beer out

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 10:53 PM
It depends on if he is commited to staying in shape and playing defense every game.

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
:facepalm: at the guy that said he is top 5. Do you not realize he came off the worst season of his career? On topic no, he is what 28?29? Lbj Durant will be 1-2 for a long long time. Melo can possibly move up to top 7-10 if he goes off this year. He has just as much talent as durant and as Bron but he never got to his potential. Its sad, I still believe he can win a championship as a number 1 option.

KNICKS R BACK
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
LOL the butthurt on this forum never ceases to amaze me

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 10:56 PM
It depends on if he is commited to staying in shape and playing defense every game.

Even if he played lockdown defense he wouldn't be top 2

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:56 PM
lmao whose number 1

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
:facepalm: at the guy that said he is top 5. Do you not realize he came off the worst season of his career? On topic no, he is what 28?29? Lbj Durant will be 1-2 for a long long time. Melo can possibly move up to top 7-10 if he goes off this year. He has just as much talent as durant and as Bron but he never got to his potential. Its sad, I still believe he can win a championship as a number 1 option.

I agree with this.

Amazing that only 1/100 Knicks fans use logic and rationale.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
lmao whose number 1

Iman Shumpert

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Iman Shumpert

you already know :clap::clap:
but seriously whose number one because lebran is no jordan how can you make a thread asking if melo could ever be 2nd best as if lecon is alway going to be number 1:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I agree with this.

Amazing that only 1/100 Knicks fans use logic and rationale.

See why u gotta make that comment about Knicks fans? This is why I cannot stand Bulls fans. At least we have that 1/100 ratio....the Bulls fans are 1/10,000.

Oh and all the moves the Bulls made this offseason, def makes them a better team. (that was sarcasm...i know Bulls fans need the explanation)

SeoulBeatz
08-03-2012, 11:06 PM
I just don't see him ever being good enough on the defensive end to be a top 2 player.

Nor is he a good enough playmaker, he just doesn't have passing instincts.

That said, he is still a top 3 scorer in the NBA. When he plays up to his potential he is so dangerous because of his pull up, face-up game, and ability to back defenders down and finish in the paint. He really has all the tools you need from a scorer, he'll just never be on Lebron's level.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
See why u gotta make that comment about Knicks fans? This is why I cannot stand Bulls fans. At least we have that 1/100 ratio....the Bulls fans are 1/10,000.

Oh and all the moves the Bulls made this offseason, def makes them a better team. (that was sarcasm...i know Bulls fans need the explanation)

Not a Bulls fan. And the reason is because it sucks sifting through the 1000 posts to find someone with a legitimate opinion.

For every one of you there are 100 Flashbust's

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Well this is Awkward but I think he is a heat fan . :o

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
you already know :clap::clap:
but seriously whose number one because lebran is no jordan how can you make a thread asking if melo could ever be 2nd best as if lecon is alway going to be number 1:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Huh.......How many 40's have you drank tonight?

jimm120
08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
The Knicks tried to feature Melo in a point forward role, it worked out pretty bad.

yeah.

But of course, that had "dantoni" at the helm and Dantoni has been a wreck every single year in NY.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Well this is Awkward but I think he is a heat fan . :o

haha......*something about assumptions*

D12 fan

:laugh:Nate Robinson,Marco Belinelli,Nazi Mohammad is a hell of a offseason.

keetyweedy
Never! Never has, Never will

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Huh.......How many 40's have you drank tonight?

You racist dude.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
:laugh:Nate Robinson,Marco Belinelli,Nazi Mohammad is a hell of a offseason.

dont forget radmonovic!

TheNumber37
08-03-2012, 11:11 PM
this thread assumes that LeBron or someone else will always be the number one player in the league... players get injured, players fall off... no one is immune. tmac, Roy, hill etc... melo has potential to be the best in the league, especially if he defends and starts shooting over 47%

RenegadeRiot36
08-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I honestly think Carmelo is one of the most overrated players in the league. Yes, the man can score practically at will. But beyond that, he doesn't bring much else to the table. Hes a very one dimensional player. As long as thats the case he wont crack top 7-8 in my opinion.

xxplayerxx23
don't hate on Nate and Marco. they are i good offense off the bench. If rose comes back at 100 percent that could be contenders come playoff time. I have predicted they will be 6 and Knock out Indy in round 1. Ill :cry: if NYK vs them in the 1st round .

ChitownBears22
You racist dude.

Pretty sure it was him who commented in the General thread about beer he drinks. He said 40's trying to be funny. Way to know the back story.

*Note- I am pretty sure it was Flashbush that said it. Not going to research that long *** thread.

Also how is it racist? I am pretty sure anyone can drink 40's. He also said he was from the hood, and that is a pretty common alcoholic beverage there.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:15 PM
this thread assumes that LeBron or someone else will always be the number one player in the league... players get injured, players fall off... no one is immune. tmac, Roy, hill etc... melo has potential to be the best in the league, especially if he defends and starts shooting over 47%

He has had almost 10 years to become the best. He has never done so. So unless there is a huge epedemic of ACL tears, decapitations, and assassinations it wont happen.

THE MTL
Not a Bulls fan. And the reason is because it sucks sifting through the 1000 posts to find someone with a legitimate opinion.

For every one of you there are 100 Flashbust's

Im sry "Chitown Bears" I just assumed Chicago fan.......but anyway ur a Heat fan....mr. chicago....I guess someone hopped on the bandwagon lol

KniCks4LiFe
simple answer, No.

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I honestly think Carmelo is one of the most overrated players in the league. Yes, the man can score practically at will. But beyond that, he doesn't bring much else to the table. Hes a very one dimensional player. As long as thats the case he wont crack top 7-8 in my opinion.

Talent wise? he can do it all. If he ever put his stubborn *** tmind to say hey lets play lockdown defense he could do it. He is also a underrated passer and a soild rebounder. When healthy and in the right mind set he has all the talent in the world to be up there with anybodyu. I think its too late for him to be top 5. I will say if he comes in motivated(I believe he will) He could average 28 on 47 percent shooting. Man is unguardable when motivated.

D2theJ
08-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I might give him top 5 but its close.

He's a great scorer but he doesn't defend or pass well enough to ever be a top 2 player.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Im sry "Chitown Bears" I just assumed Chicago fan.......but anyway ur a Heat fan....mr. chicago....I guess someone hopped on the bandwagon lol

If living in Jacksonville Fl from 99-2005 and driving I-95 or A1A to Miami 10-15 times a year to watch games is a bandwagon fan then yes I sure am.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM
You racist dude.

word i thaught the same thing but whatever i bet he wouldn't come to brooklyn an say that

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM
He admited it :p

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Ive been to brooklyn many times and have said far worse...

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:21 PM
word i thaught the same thing but whatever i bet he wouldn't come to brooklyn an say that

I thought you were the person who said you liked 40's in another thread. If not that is my fault. And I would never go to Brooklyn, there is nothing in that worthless area for me.

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Carmelo can finally become an ELITE NBA player, but top 2 NBA player is something earned throughout the years in my opinion. You just dont suddenly become the top 2 player in the NBA. Those in the running are Paul, Howard, Durant.

I think a better thread would be "will Carmelo ever be MVP"

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:22 PM
He admited it :p

got me

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:22 PM
op should change thread tittle to when will melo be the best player not number 2 thats like a backwards complement

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Brooklyn has changed big time. But still isnt wise to say some things in certain neiborhoods :p

knicksfan42
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
For a quarter of a season maybe. Full season? No.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM

park slope don't count and trust me no you haven't i've seen people shot over smaller stuff

C-Wick925
08-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Surrrre why not? My mommy always told me I could be anything i want

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:25 PM
op should change thread tittle to when will melo be the best player not number 2 thats like a backwards complement

You going ham bruh.

jim51990
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Hes not even currently top 10 or top 2 at his position so modt likely no

flatbush knicks
I thought you were the person who said you liked 40's in another thread. If not that is my fault. And I would never go to Brooklyn, there is nothing in that worthless area for me.

o yea because the south side of chicago is so much better:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
I swear if he ever becomes a mod on this board I'll quit.

ChitownBears22

The thread should be changed to "which delusional knicks fans think Melo could be a number 2"

I mean honestly, you don't just learn to play defense in one season. Kobe and LeBron came into the league raw defensive wise and it took them years to learn the body control to dominate that end of the floor. Melo hasn't shown progress, he has platued....It isn't a bad thing, he is still a capable defender but not good enough to push him to be a #2 player in the league.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:28 PM
You going ham bruh.

:bang::bang::bang::no: now im going ham

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:30 PM
o yea because the south side of chicago is so much better:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't spend time in the Southside of Chicago either. I decided to go to school and get a good job to not have to live in areas like that. I did go to school for about 2 weeks in Oak Lawn, Il. That was until my mom had a gun pulled on her in the parking lot of our apartment complex and then we moved. Either way I have lived in crap areas, I have chose to not do that anymore.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Who?:confused:

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:31 PM
park slope don't count and trust me no you haven't i've seen people shot over smaller stuff

Trust me my uncle lives there (bushwik) and I visit frequently.. Ive seen people shot for nothin so what? Certain areas sure you cant say **** but most of the areas you'd get shot at dont accept italians anyways so I wouldnt be there..

ztilzer31
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Carmelo is already in his prime so I doubt it.

The reason people always talk **** is because way to many knicks fans rephrase the same questions overestimating their team.

Knicks fans get way to over hyped every season. Just like Jets fans.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't spend time in the Southside of Chicago either. I decided to go to school and get a good job to not have to live in areas like that. I did go to school for about 2 weeks in Oak Lawn, Il. That was until my mom had a gun pulled on her in the parking lot of our apartment complex and then we moved. Either way I have lived in crap areas, I have chose to not do that anymore.

You a racist mofo.You to good to stay in the hood b?

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM

lmao you said you were born and raised in the southside of chicago last time we talked now your not dude where the hell are you from:laugh2::laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Carmelo is already in his prime so I doubt it.

The reason people always talk **** is because way to many knicks fans rephrase the same questions overestimating their team.

Knicks fans get way to over hyped every season. Just like Jets fans.

You right on that homie. My Knicks fanbase has turned into Cowboy Nation post America's Team. I'm not saying don't dream, but really? this chirp chirp to everybody else.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM

Yeah I am too good to stay in the hood. I have no desire to return to those places. I feel safer in Afghanistan right now then I ever did when I lived in some areas of Chicago.

Also there is nothing racist about not liking the "hood".

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM

word d12fan you actually earned a little respect tonight:clap:

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:37 PM

I dont think thats what he ment.. Pretty sure he ment he isnt a dumbass.. So he went to school then graduated, got a good job. Started to make real money and didnt have to live in a ****** neighboorhood with rats and dumbasses running around shooting each other anymore..

Most people that have lived in the hood dont brag about or think somebody who leaves it is to good for the area..

StephenP
08-03-2012, 11:38 PM

After 9 years in the league it's unlikely that Melo is going to all of a sudden decide to change his game. It's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
There are younger talented guys coming into the league every year. Even if the current guys drop off, there will be new ones to take their place.
Melo has peaked and will most likely will contine to drop off a little each year. I don't see him ever being among the top 5 players in the league again.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I dont think thats what he ment.. Pretty sure he ment he isnt a dumbass.. So he went to school then graduated, got a good job. Started to make real money and didnt have to live in a ****** neighboorhood with rats and dumbasses running around shooting each other anymore..

Most people that have lived in the hood dont brag about or think somebody who leaves it is to good for the area..

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
just stay out of this bro you don't sound like the kind of person who would get what were talking about

ChitownBears22
lmao you said you were born and raised in the southside of chicago last time we talked now your not dude where the hell are you from:laugh2::laugh2:

When did I ever say that?

I was born in Georgia on Warner Robbins AFB. I moved to Chicago when I was 2 months old. I grew up in an apartment complex in Lindenhurst (outside of Gurnee). Then my dad got a job at WW Granger in Chicago and we moved to a complex in Oak Lawn. Then back Lindenhurst then to Kenosha Wisconsin. Then I moved to Jacksonville and lived there for some time. Then back to Chicago. Then Germany for the Air Force. Then Iowa to finsih college. Now Afghanistan working for a government contractor.

Anything else you would like to know. Now you can state facts when we talk about where I grew up, because before this we have never had that conversation.

D12 fan
Yeah I am too good to stay in the hood. I have no desire to return to those places. I feel safer in Afghanistan right now then I ever did when I lived in some areas of Chicago.

Wow this mofo callin the hood more dangerous than Afghanistan,what part of the game is that b?

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:42 PM
you not to good for the hood you my friend are wat we call a p u s s y:D

You are what we call a white person trying to be hood living at mommy's house.. I lived in the hood.. I started a buisness had a child , grew up and then got money and left the hood so my daughter doesnt grow up in those conditions.. Then I met a neighboor who talks just like you and thought I should go back.. If your really from the hood you wouldnt brag about that ****.. I don't.. Do I rep it yep but no need to live there if you got the funds..

ChitownBears22
you not to good for the hood you my friend are wat we call a p u s s y:D

A p**** that now lives in a nice neighborhood. That is safe for my son and wife (who is pregnant with our second child).

It's not being a p****, it is realizing your potential and giving your family a quality life where I don't have to worry about them getting mugged, stabbed or shot.

D12 fan
just stay out of this bro you don't sound like the kind of person who would get what were talking about

:clap:The truth.

Flatbush you alright when you wanna be.

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:43 PM

What kind of person is that?

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow this mofo callin the hood more dangerous than Afghanistan,what part of the game is that b?

Number of people I have seen shot at in Afghanistan 0
Number of people I have seen shot at in Chicago 3

I will take my chances in Afghanistan.

ThunderousDemon
08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Never! Never has, Never will

:nod:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
What kind of person is that?

A lowlife.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
whatever back on subject lmao carmelo will only be number if he ever gets a top 10 player around him meaning amare needs to really step his game up because melo has already shown he's the best player on the us team so why is it so hard to believe he can't be number one in my eyes he's already top 5 or atleast 7 so 1 or 2 for the sake of this argument isn't that big of a stretch

ThunderousDemon

That's just ridiculous to say.

ryang
:clap:The truth.

Flatbush you alright when you wanna be.

You dont know me.. I go to knicks games and heat games.. If anybody would care to join me message me..

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
That's just ridiculous to say.

You have never been to Afghanistan have you? I would check it out, this place is a cash cow and when on base nothing happens. I have to do helo rides to different FOBs every now and again and this place is only scary on the news.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Number of people I have seen shot at in Afghanistan 0
Number of people I have seen shot at in Chicago 3

I will take my chances in Afghanistan.

Do you work for KBR?

I used to work over there as a civilian,and they started laying people off because the war was over.I go back in September,I was laid off for a year.I will drive trucks and that is the most dangerous job you can have as a civilian worker.They get paid good money though.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 11:49 PM
You have never been to Afghanistan have you? I would check it out, this place is a cash cow and when on base nothing happens. I have to do helo rides to different FOBs every now and again and this place is only scary on the news.

:flag:

ThunderousDemon
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM

Oh, I see, you're part of the military-industrial complex.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
You are what we call a white person trying to be hood living at mommy's house.. I lived in the hood.. I started a buisness had a child , grew up and then got money and left the hood so my daughter doesnt grow up in those conditions.. Then I met a neighboor who talks just like you and thought I should go back.. If your really from the hood you wouldnt brag about that ****.. I don't.. Do I rep it yep but no need to live there if you got the funds..

i aint braggin bout shyt homie i live in brooklyn its just disrepectful for yall dudes to be dissing people who can't get out of it i'm not here cuz i wannna be either but at the same time my family lives out here and i'm not a coward to leave my people behind and turn my back on my family when i get money you sound like a uncle tom my dude trust i'm jamaican but what does white or black have to do with it i know white boys out here that would probaly rob you if you don't like the hood fine but stop talking down on people who live in it as if your little bit of money makes you better homie

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Do you work for KBR?

I used to work over there as a civilian,and they started laying people off because the war was over.I go back in September,I was laid off for a year.I will drive trucks and that is the most dangerous job you can have as a civilian worker.They get paid good money though.

No. I work with Northrop. I am not worried about the war wrapping up in Afghanistan. My job has a stateside purpose as well. I just like being out here get 3.5x my base salary. Nothing better than being my age not having a house payment, car payment and 2 529B college accounts taken care of for my kid(s).

Much better than living in the hood.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM

You right it is a cash cow,but you are crazy if you think it's safe.You wasn't over there when it was real bad and they were shooting and blowing up everything.It's calm now because the war is over and Obama sent most of the troops home.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh, I see, you're part of the military-industrial complex.

Sure, whatever you want to call it. There was a job opening, I was qualified and I took it. I will never feel bad doing a job that is available and that I am qualified to do. Working for the man is awesome when they pay you the right price.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:55 PM

wait wait waitfirst you lived in the chi the fla now you like in fkn afghanistan
you can fool these people but whatever bro

ChitownBears22
You right it is a cash cow,but you are crazy if you think it's safe.You wasn't over there when it was real bad and they were shooting and blowing up everything.It's calm now because the war is over and Obama sent most of the troops home.

Yeah it got a little hairy in the Kandahar region in the mid-2000's. It has calmed down a lot from what I have read and heard.

And don't be so sure we are really pulling out in 2014. From what I am seeing over here, US will have its footprint here for much longer. The amount of infrastructure being built on some of these bases makes it seem like there are plans of a Korea type base.

ryang
i aint braggin bout shyt homie i live in brooklyn its just disrepectful for yall dudes to be dissing people who can't get out of it i'm not here cuz i wannna be either but at the same time my family lives out here and i'm not a coward to leave my people behind and turn my back on my family when i get money you sound like a uncle tom my dude trust i'm jamaican but what does white or black have to do with it i know white boys out here that would probaly rob you if you don't like the hood fine but stop talking down on people who live in it as if your little bit of money makes you better homie

What you fail to realize is im not talking down towards any hood.. I am simply saying if you can get your family out you do.. And just because you get out that doesnt make you a *****...

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:57 PM
wait wait waitfirst you lived in the chi the fla now you like in fkn afghanistan
you can fool these people but whatever bro

Is that unheard of or something? I don't get it. You are aware that there are 10's of thousands of Americans in Afghanistan right now correct. With the majority being contractors.

Mudvayne91
08-03-2012, 11:57 PM

its gonna be scary
Honestly, look at Melo's efficiency last Olympics. Melo's game thrives in international play. He's a great player and has been for a few years. Not complete, but amazing. That said...

I don't think he ever will, but I hope he raises his game to that level.

Metsboi69
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
No chance, if he is really determined somewhere in the 5-8 range sounds fair.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Honestly, look at Melo's efficiency last Olympics. Melo's game thrives in international play. He's a great player and has been for a few years. Not complete, but amazing. That said...

I don't think he ever will, but I hope he raises his game to that level.

you just described a low IQ ball player.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:02 AM
What you fail to realize is im not talking down towards any hood.. I am simply saying if you can get your family out you do.. And just because you get out doesnt make you a *****.. Your talking **** about me leaving..

word keep it humble like this and you good with me bro but living in a hood isn't so bad when you got family around nobodies pulled a gun on me or my moms since i been here yeah i saw a couple shooting but i didn't get shot yall making shyt sound like a 3rd world country idk if yall were scared to come outside or didn't talk to your neighbors then yea people are going to try to rob you you got to fit in the hood not stand out anymore lessons on how not to get robbed in the hood send 19.95 in a money order to flatbush brooklyn and i'l help you herbs out:D

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 12:02 AM
No. I work with Northrop. I am not worried about the war wrapping up in Afghanistan. My job has a stateside purpose as well. I just like being out here get 3.5x my base salary. Nothing better than being my age not having a house payment, car payment and 2 529B college accounts taken care of for my kid(s).

Much better than living in the hood.

Yeah im with KBR,they laid off a lot of workers in 2011.Lucky for me I didn't have trouble paying my bills when I got back home.My house,car was all paid off.I been out of work for almost a year and still have money in my bank account.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 12:04 AM

How so? His shot selection is always a ? but Iwoulnd't call melo a low Iq player

ChitownBears22
Yeah im with KBR,they laid off a lot of workers in 2011.Lucky for me I didn't have trouble paying my bills when I got back home.My house,car was all paid off.I been out of work for almost a year and still have money in my bank account.

Exactly. Why don't you try jumping on with AAR or HiPK or something. They are always hiring.

flatbush knicks
Is that unheard of or something? I don't get it. You are aware that there are 10's of thousands of Americans in Afghanistan right now correct. With the majority being contractors.

thats not the point i talked with you like 2 months ago and you didn't say none of that stuff just sound like some made up stuff to me but hey if you over there cool cuz truthfully idgaf and o yeah melo is going to be top 2 next year:D

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
How so? His shot selection is always a ? but Iwoulnd't call melo a low Iq player

his shot selection is always --> ?? but he isn't low IQ?

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Sure, whatever you want to call it. There was a job opening, I was qualified and I took it. I will never feel bad doing a job that is available and that I am qualified to do. Working for the man is awesome when they pay you the right price.

I call it that because it is that. Tell me, how many politicians did your corporation buy this year so far? I bet you're salivating at the chance that the U.S. goes to war against Iran.

flatbush knicks

you don't like black people do you:facepalm:

HeaTxRipZz
word keep it humble like this and you good with me bro but living in a hood isn't so bad when you got family around nobodies pulled a gun on me or my moms since i been here yeah i saw a couple shooting but i didn't get shot yall making shyt sound like a 3rd world country idk if yall were scared to come outside or didn't talk to your neighbors then yea people are going to try to rob you you got to fit in the hood not stand out anymore lessons on how not to get robbed in the hood send 19.95 in a money order to flatbush brooklyn and i'l help you herbs out:D

lol

Avenged
I mean you can make the case he just makes the top 10..

It's great that he's playing so well in the Olympics but he also has to show he can elevate the Knicks to the next level. Once he does that, his rank will speak for itself.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
you don't like black people do you:facepalm:

you don't like common sense do you? :facepalm:

ryang
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Again stop calling me ****.. If you'd like nov 2nd me and my family will be in BROOKLYN (bushwik getting ready to go watch my team beat yours) and you can message me and ill give you my exact location.. I had no problem with the hood.. I had a problem with my daughter growing up in the hood.. Scared to go outside? Im more scared to go outside in the suburbs.. and **** afghanastan... Id rather live in overtown (pork n beans for those who know)..

ChitownBears22
08-04-2012, 12:08 AM

When you are white you don't fit in. That isn't a racist thing, that is the truth. You act like living in a hood is some amazing thing. I don't think it is. It sucks, you see stuff that no kid should have to witness. Drug use, spousal abuse, murder, gun shots, sirens constantly. I must be a ***** for not wanting to subject my family to that. And a bigger ***** for thinking that is beneath me to live that way. I did not enjoy being a child of poverty, and I am glad that my parents worked themselves out of that and put me in a good situation.

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Exactly. Why don't you try jumping on with AAR or HiPK or something. They are always hiring.

I told you I got back on with KBR,I go back in September.I can't wait,im just gonna stack the rest of my money for the next year.When I come back im gonna open up my own barbershop with my friend.

ChitownBears22
thats not the point i talked with you like 2 months ago and you didn't say none of that stuff just sound like some made up stuff to me but hey if you over there cool cuz truthfully idgaf and o yeah melo is going to be top 2 next year:D

See that is the thing. We have never had a real conversation. Why would I lie about being in Afghanistan. And if I was trying for some sympathy plee of the masses wouldn't I say that I was a military member and not a member of the "military complex"?

What is melo going to be top 2 at. He won't even be top 2 of his position.

ChitownBears22
I told you I got back on with KBR,I go back in September.I can't wait,im just gonna stack the rest of my money for the next year.When I come back im gonna open up my own barbershop with my friend.

That works. Where are you going to be head, or can you not say?

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Again stop calling me ****.. If you'd like nov 2nd me and my family will be in BROOKLYN (bushwik getting ready to go watch my team beat yours) and you can message me and ill give you my exact location.. I had no problem with the hood.. I had a problem with my daughter growing up in the hood.. Scared to go outside? Im more scared to go outside in the suburbs.. and **** afghanastan... Id rather live in overtown (pork n beans for those who know)..

word can i come to the game too and when you curse idk wtf your talking about so try to speak english please

HeaTxRipZz
08-04-2012, 12:12 AM
When you are white you don't fit in. That isn't a racist thing, that is the truth. You act like living in a hood is some amazing thing. I don't think it is. It sucks, you see stuff that no kid should have to witness. Drug use, spousal abuse, murder, gun shots, sirens constantly. I must be a ***** for not wanting to subject my family to that. And a bigger ***** for thinking that is beneath me to live that way. I did not enjoy being a child of poverty, and I am glad that my parents worked themselves out of that and put me in a good situation.

Pretty much said exactly what I was going to say. My parents moved me out of the hood when I was 15 back in 2005 and being a grown man now I thank god they did and I'm certainly not looking back. I never been robbed and had no problems hanging outside there but the simple fact that I was in an environment of slow development, poverty, drug use and murder is enough for me to say you know what I do not want to be there or go back. You have to surround yourself around positive things and positive people to be able to accomplish positive things.

ryang
08-04-2012, 12:14 AM
word can i come to the game too and when you curse idk wtf your talking about so try to speak english please

It does that itself.. I said shyt.. and Fack..

ChitownBears22
I call it that because it is that. Tell me, how many politicians did your corporation buy this year so far? I bet you're salivating at the chance that the U.S. goes to war against Iran.

I don't know. I would imagine quite a few. I don't deal with that aspect of the job.

And no I would hate to go to war with Iran. They have a real military, real jets, real missiles, real, missile detection, and nuclear capabilities. I would rather be in Afghanistan where they have rocks and AK-47's that fail half the time.

Mudvayne91

IDK if I'd say that. He's actually rather intelligent from all the years I've seen him. I'd say more so lazy and/or not as dedicated.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:15 AM

hot to fit in the hood if your white by flatbush knicks price 3 easy payments of 19.95
thats the name of my book bro i can help you:D

ChitownBears22
08-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Pretty much said exactly what I was going to say. My parents moved me out of the hood when I was 15 back in 2005 and being a grown man now I thank god they did and I'm certainly not looking back. I never been robbed and had no problems hanging outside there but the simple fact that I was in an environment of slow development, poverty, drug use and murder is enough for me to say you know what I do not want to be there or go back. You have to surround yourself around positive things and positive people to be able to accomplish positive things.

I wish I could see it as a positive. But now I just see myself as a *****.

/sarcasm

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
It does that itself.. I said shyt.. and Fack..

word well if you gonna be out here hit me up but im actually moving out the hood in october lmao mommy we made it

seikou8
08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
omg people love us knicks fans welcome back flatbush and no he wil never be a top 2 player maybe if learn how to play better defense and shoot with efficiency top 5
for sure.

ChitownBears22
08-04-2012, 12:17 AM
hot to fit in the hood if your white by flatbush knicks price 3 easy payments of 19.95
thats the name of my book bro i can help you:D

No interest. I like the house I am in now. And I like the house I am building in Jax as well .Can't wait for it to finally get finished. Going home in September and packing up the family and the house.

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 12:18 AM
That works. Where are you going to be head, or can you not say?

Somewhere in Iraq.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:18 AM
op chang name of thread to herbs that live in or lived in the hood staring ryang ChitownBears22 and other herbs

ryang
08-04-2012, 12:19 AM
The thugs in the hood are on psd on the iternet?? GTFO.. D12 fan lives at home with his mom.. Now run along and get your midnight snack before she gets mad...

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 12:20 AM
word well if you gonna be out here hit me up but im actually moving out the hood in october lmao mommy we made it

:laugh:

seikou8
08-04-2012, 12:20 AM
The thugs in the hood are on psd on the iternet?? GTFO.. D12 fan lives at home with his mom.. Now run along and get your midnight snack before she gets mad...

hahahaha fake internet thugs

ryang
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM
op chang name of thread to herbs that live in or lived in the hood staring ryang ChitownBears22 and other herbs

You starting again? What time does your mom make you go to bed? Flatbush is a thug in the hood on the iternet talking sports on psd...:facepalm:

IndyRealist
08-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Melo isn't even the 2nd best player in his draft class, let alone the NBA.

Having said that, Melo is much, MUCH better as a PF with a passing PG dominating the ball. When he's given the ball in the high post he can beat just about any PF off the dribble, and he's a good catch and shoot guy from all over the court. It's those 20ft turnaround fadeaway jumpers with a hand in his face that drives everyone nuts. If you find ways to limit his shot selection he's fantastic. He has the strength to guard today's PF's, the only real question mark would be his commitment to rebounding.

thekmp211
08-04-2012, 12:22 AM
uhhhh how bout no

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Obviously not. He doesn't get in good enough shape, and refuses to play defense. Melo is awesome, but he will be yet another great scorer in the record books, and join the top 75 players when he is done.

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't know. I would imagine quite a few. I don't deal with that aspect of the job.

And no I would hate to go to war with Iran. They have a real military, real jets, real missiles, real, missile detection, and nuclear capabilities. I would rather be in Afghanistan where they have rocks and AK-47's that fail half the time.

Do you hear yourself? You said you would rather go to war with Afghanistan, like that's supposed to be something good to say. You don't have to worry about going to war with Iran, you're probably too old to join the military and besides, you'll be here making mad stacks of money, right? Have the decency to at least admit that you work for a disgusting industry.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:28 AM
You starting again? What time does your mom make you go to bed? Flatbush is a thug in the hood on the iternet talking sports on psd...:facepalm:

no you just never told me if i could go to the game with you or not so figured you biached out like the herb you are whatever your only talking crap cuz in your heart you know melo will be a top 2 next year and what does pork an beans have to do with the hood thats what yall eat in the projects or some shyt in miami when yall watch heats games:D

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 12:29 AM
IDK if I'd say that. He's actually rather intelligent from all the years I've seen him. I'd say more so lazy and/or not as dedicated.

that's a beautiful picture you're painting for him. Doesn't make it any better.

Honestly I don't think past the 1 on 1 game, which he is superbly talented in that area, but there's not much there after that. A.I. was the same type.

ryang
08-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Like I said overtown for the people who dont know pork n beans.. Yea message me nov 1st.. Ill be in bushwik.. Thought we already cleared that up??

HeaTxRipZz
08-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I will say that the one thing I do miss about being in NY is the $3.50 Chicken Wings and Fries at the Chinese Restaurants with bullet proof glass

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Carmelo as the second best player in the NBA will most likely never happen. Carmelo is in his prime and he isn't even in the top 5.

kswissdaf
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Reading these "hoodrats" arguments is literally the funniest thing ive ever seen, hope i dont get shot cause you guys are so gangster o btw melo is a beast top 8 player in the league for me

D12 fan
08-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Like I said overtown for the people who dont know pork n beans.. Yea message me nov 1st.. Ill be in bushwik.. Thought we already cleared that up??

Yeah Nov 1st you will be in the suburbs cutting your mommy's grass.Boy go eat your veggies and don't forget to say your grace at the table boy.:sad2:

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 12:35 AM
wait carmelo isnt 2nd best now?

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:38 AM
that's a beautiful picture you're painting for him. Doesn't make it any better.

Honestly I don't think past the 1 on 1 game, which he is superbly talented in that area, but there's not much there after that. A.I. was the same type.

dude seriously stfu you know nothing about melo's game and you still think lin's is the next cp3 please do us all a favor and please become nets fan:pray:

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 12:39 AM

He isn't even in the top 5.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
He isn't even in the top 5.

this i give him top 10, he isnt even best at scoring the one thing he does great

mdm692
08-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Damn the hate for Melo here is worse than the hate for LBJ. I guess since LBJ won a title it's up to Melo to get that monkey off his back.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:44 AM

yea send me a picture of you too and make sure you have alot of money on you k bro i'l see you then or maybe a couple goons lmao just a little advice don't tell people you don't know where your going to be unless you don't care if you get robbed:D

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Damn the hate for Melo here is worse than the hate for LBJ. I guess since LBJ won a title it's up to Melo to get that monkey off his back.

no shyt sherlock :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

seikou8
08-04-2012, 12:45 AM

i love melo he is just not top 5,being honest if i was homer i would say melo is the best he lead us to championshp. my friends tell me that he is better than lebron.:facepalm:

THE MTL
08-04-2012, 12:49 AM

If you are talking about my comment about changing the thread to "will Melo be mvp ever" then let me explain to you. NBA MVP is NOT the best player in the league award. If it was then the MVP would havve been won by either Kobe or Lebron for the pass 8 years. Derrick Rose won MVP 2 years back but certainly was not the best in the league and Lebron destroyed him the ECF to prove it.

If the Knicks can finish with a top 3 record in the league which is possible if all goes right in regards to chemistry/injuries. And with Melo being our best player averaging about 25ppg along with playing the best defense of his career. Then I would put him as the favorite to win the award.

bucketss
08-04-2012, 12:50 AM

i actually like melo and personally i feel he is underrated and mad disrespected on here. But the knick fans that that act like hes a top 3-5 and some to go as far as best player in the league :speechless: and just make outlandish homer comments they just make me feel like not defending him.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
dude seriously stfu you know nothing about melo's game and you still think lin's is the next cp3 please do us all a favor and please become nets fan:pray:

Look who's talking. As for Melo and Marbury and A.I. (who was my favorite guard in the league in his Sixer days) they are same types. Stephon prbly the smarter on court player. Melo more talented, they are 1 on 1 players, probably will retire w/o a championship, I'll be shocked if Melo is here after his contract is done. When he's gone you'll probably quit posing about being a Knicks fan and disappear like Starbury's fans did.

Losoway
08-04-2012, 12:54 AM
carmelo is clearly in top 5 . arguably number top 3

1) lebron 2) Dwight 3)Durant/Melo 4)Durant/Melo 5) Kobe

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:02 AM
If you are talking about my comment about changing the thread to "will Melo be mvp ever" then let me explain to you. NBA MVP is NOT the best player in the league award. If it was then the MVP would havve been won by either Kobe or Lebron for the pass 8 years. Derrick Rose won MVP 2 years back but certainly was not the best in the league and Lebron destroyed him the ECF to prove it.

If the Knicks can finish with a top 3 record in the league which is possible if all goes right in regards to chemistry/injuries. And with Melo being our best player averaging about 25ppg along with playing the best defense of his career. Then I would put him as the favorite to win the award.

nah bro im on your side chill out i meant what i posted why isn't melo good enough to ever be considered number 1 why is the best he could ever be is number 2 come on now d rose was better then lecon the year he won mvp and d rose doesn't play great defense

mngopher35
08-04-2012, 01:05 AM

Lebron, Durant, Dwight, and CP3 are all definitely better than Melo. Id say hes around 7-8 overall in my book, but others can have other opinions.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Look who's talking. As for Melo and Marbury and A.I. (who was my favorite guard in the league in his Sixer days) they are same types. Stephon prbly the smarter on court player. Melo more talented, they are 1 on 1 players, probably will retire w/o a championship, I'll be shocked if Melo is here after his contract is done. When he's gone you'll probably quit posing about being a Knicks fan and disappear like Starbury's fans did.

dude your knicks fan rights should be revoked you did not just compare melo to starbury blasphemy just fkn blasphemy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::facepalm:

seikou8
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM

melo is better than love,wade kobe,cp3,dwill,westbrook :facepalm:

you cant be top 3 without a finals appearance to me, cp3 might be the only one

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:07 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mdm692
08-04-2012, 01:08 AM
i love melo he is just not top 5,being honest if i was homer i would say melo is the best he lead us to championshp. my friends tell me that he is better than lebron.:facepalm:

To tell you the truth he has all the tools to be better than LBJ he's just lazy. But boy can he put an offensive show like some of the greatest players of all time.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 01:08 AM
dude your knicks fan rights should be revoked you did not just compare melo to starbury blasphemy just fkn blasphemy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::facepalm:

sounds just about right. One's a cancer, the other one is a cancer. Both got coaches fired, both got teammates traded, both had the Knicks organization bent over, both are delusional in where they rank among the best, both have no NBA championships, both haven't take the Knicks out of the 1st rd. Both half-***-ed it in parts of the season. Go ahead and tell me what makes them different. Tell me.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:10 AM
melo>love
melo>d12
melo>westbrook
melo>wade
melo>dwill
only cp3>melo
updated

mdm692
08-04-2012, 01:11 AM
melo<love
melo<d12
melo<westbrook
melo<wade
melo<dwill
only cp3>melo

Debatable.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
sounds just about right. One's a cancer, the other one is a cancer. Both got coaches fired, both got teammates traded, both had the Knicks organization bent over, both are delusional in where they rank among the best, both have no NBA championships, both haven't take the Knicks out of the 1st rd. Both half-***-ed it in parts of the season. Go ahead and tell me what makes them different. Tell me.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad:
i'm not even going to take this seriously you obviously just hate melo that much anybody in ther right mind can see melo is no starbury but whatever it's your opinion bro

HeaTxRipZz
08-04-2012, 01:13 AM
melo<love
melo<d12
melo<westbrook
melo<wade
melo<dwill
only cp3>melo

Why'd you put that all of those players were greater than melo? kinda defeated your own argument

bucketss
08-04-2012, 01:13 AM
nah bro im on your side chill out i meant what i posted why isn't melo good enough to ever be considered number 1 why is the best he could ever be is number 2 come on now d rose was better then lecon the year he won mvp and d rose doesn't play great defense

rose was not better than lebron in 2011

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Debatable.

your right i think d12 would be rated higher but he has no true offensive game if or when he develops an offensive game then i put him over melo but right now i just don't see it

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:16 AM
rose was not better than lebron in 2011

your crazy i hate the bulls but d rose was light years aheadof lecon that year think about it like this lecon plays with wade and bosh who does rose play with come on now

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 01:16 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad:
i'm not even going to take this seriously you obviously just hate melo that much anybody in ther right mind can see melo is no starbury but whatever it's your opinion bro

To tell you the truth I hardly take anything you say basketball related serious. But I still give you the time of day b/c it saids Knicks at the end of your name and I always need some humor every once in awhile. FWIW you're no DoMeFavor. That's actually a complement.

b@llhog24
08-04-2012, 01:18 AM

Its assuming all the players ahead of him remain reasonably healthy.

What all does Kyrie do other than score? Or even Durant for that matter?

For a quarter of a season maybe. Full season? No.

Lol this statement is so accurate. :laugh2:

Who? Justin? :D

Is that why you troll so much? :eyebrow:

flatbush knicks
Why'd you put that all of those players were greater than melo? kinda defeated your own argument

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
yall know what i meant my bad thanks for pointing it out i need to stop smoking so much

seikou8

who got traded one please dont tell me lin , knicks has had injuries both times he was in playoffs with us, mike d was going to get fired any way or we were going get another coach in free agency and since when do you know what Carmelo thinks.another fan who thinks they know these player lives outside of the court and interview well you don't.melo is better

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
To tell you the truth I hardly take anything you say basketball related serious. But I still give you the time of day b/c it saids Knicks at the end of your name and I always need some humor every once in awhile. FWIW you're no DoMeFavor. That's actually a complement.

thank you i think

bucketss
08-04-2012, 01:21 AM
your crazy i hate the bulls but d rose was light years aheadof lecon that year think about it like this lecon plays with wade and bosh who does rose play with come on now

lmao it doesn't matter lebron was better statistically and shut him down in the conf. finals when wade was playing like crap . And don't act like rose has no help he had boozer and deng and a bunch of solid role players.

your right i think d12 would be rated higher but he has no true offensive game if or when he develops an offensive game then i put him over melo but right now i just don't see it

dwight has an offensive game i don't get how people keep saying this.

Young and Stupid
08-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Knicks fans never cease to amaze me.

A better question would be: Will Carmelo ever become a top-five player in the NBA? Right now, he's not even in the top-ten.

(And, of course, Knicks fans are so far gone that many of them will think I'm crazy for stating the preceding.)

greg_ory_2005
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
To answer the thread question. No.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
dwight has an offensive game i don't get how people keep saying this.[/QUOTE]

this:clap::clap::clap::clap: people are stuck in 2008 when he didn't

STL Don
08-04-2012, 01:31 AM
I for one do not doubt Carmelo's ability, that is unquestioned. He is definitely among one of the best basketball players in the league. He's got unmatched skill and can score in a way, better then most have ever seen.
Other then LBJ, Kobe, Durant, Rose, few others, there is no player in the league that can rise to his capability,
And in all, it's just a matter of him and the Knicks winning. That's what will allow him to be considered into that category.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 01:31 AM
[/B]
who got traded one please dont tell me lin , knicks has had injuries both times he was in playoffs with us, mike d was going to get fired any way or we were going get another coach in free agency and since when do you know what Carmelo thinks.another fan who thinks they know these player lives outside of the court and interview well you don't.melo is better

You think Mike D was getting fired if Melo had bought in? come on homie, you smarter than that. He's gone b/c this organization is building for Melo, that is what has been going on. But if he fails, he's out the door next. Which I imo definitely see happening. My opinion, my right.

b@llhog24
08-04-2012, 01:35 AM
you don't like common sense do you? :facepalm:

:laugh:

Melo isn't even the 2nd best player in his draft class, let alone the NBA.

Having said that, Melo is much, MUCH better as a PF with a passing PG dominating the ball. When he's given the ball in the high post he can beat just about any PF off the dribble, and he's a good catch and shoot guy from all over the court. It's those 20ft turnaround fadeaway jumpers with a hand in his face that drives everyone nuts. If you find ways to limit his shot selection he's fantastic. He has the strength to guard today's PF's, the only real question mark would be his commitment to rebounding.

:clap: was wondering when somebody was going to bring this up. Maybe that's why he plays so good in the Olympics.

i actually like melo and personally i feel he is underrated and mad disrespected on here. But the knick fans that that act like hes a top 3-5 and some to go as far as best player in the league :speechless: and just make outlandish homer comments they just make me feel like not defending him.

+1

:laugh2:

srock13
08-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Camelo is not even in the top 7 players in the NBA.

Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Rose, Howard, Dirk, Wade are all players I would rather have than Melo. I would probably even rather have P.Pierce. I have just really ever been sold on Melo. He will never win an MVP. He is just not that caliber of player and to be the second best in the league you gotta be in the running for the award.

dnewguy
08-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Melo will never be top 10 in NBA...his game is suited for college or Olympics.

Lebron
Wade
Durant
CP3
Rose
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Dwight Howard
Kobe
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

Players i'll rather have than Melo....I'm sure I am forgetting some.

BALLER R
08-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Melo should be top 5 in the NBA. key word should. Think about that for a second and you'll know what I mean.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 01:44 AM
You think Mike D was getting fired if Melo had bought in? come on homie, you smarter than that. He's gone b/c this organization is building for Melo, that is what has been going on. But if he fails, he's out the door next. Which I imo definitely see happening. My opinion, my right.

your right i agree but he is not a cancer or Stephon Marbury. svg is gone to because of the dwight does that make him a cancer. if coach against the best player the player wins 100 its how it is. you dont like woodson becasue you post like you want him as our coach instead of woodson.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 01:50 AM

Lebron
Wade
Durant
CP3
Rose
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Dwight Howard
Kobe
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

those are the only 4 i have a problem

STL Don
08-04-2012, 01:52 AM

Lebron
Wade
Durant
CP3
Rose
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Dwight Howard
Kobe
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

Don't be ridiculous.
His game is suited for the Olympics & College. And not the NBA?
Yes the Knicks have yet to produce at the level they're expected to, but to say you'd rather have some of those players and more' is just hate. Melo has been a great player in the NBA and has led his teams to many playoffs.
He's still young and in his prime and he's already put together a great career.

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 01:56 AM

This. Carmelo a top 2 SF? :laugh2:

Anji
08-04-2012, 02:01 AM

Why do ya'll give this troll the time of day Knicks fans???

Him and Kashimere, clearly two idiots trying to get a rise out of us.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 02:05 AM
your right i agree but he is not a cancer or Stephon Marbury. svg is gone to because of the dwight does that make him a cancer. if coach against the best player the player wins 100 its how it is. you dont like woodson becasue you post like you want him as our coach instead of woodson.

so a player doesn't want to play your style, the othe 11 have no problem w/ it, he's not a cancer? oh man..the reason D'Antoni was fired was b/c Stat and Melo together didn't work b/c Melo never wanted to buy in. Woodson circled the offense around Melo and JR to keep them happy. I don't like Woodson b/c he can't coach offense, lets not kid ourselves, he's at adjusting, he never even played zone against Miami b/c he never believed in it. He's school of Larry Brown, but he's not Larry Brown. And only a dumb front office would extend him when Phil freaking Jackson is out there saying, hey guys I'm available?

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 02:12 AM
would people seriously take kobe over melo at kobe's age or a 30 year old wade with knee problems i know people on here hate on my dude but come on now

Losoway
08-04-2012, 02:13 AM
1)lebron 2)dwight 3)melo 4)durant 5)kobe

get mad

ChitownBears22
08-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Do you hear yourself? You said you would rather go to war with Afghanistan, like that's supposed to be something good to say. You don't have to worry about going to war with Iran, you're probably too old to join the military and besides, you'll be here making mad stacks of money, right? Have the decency to at least admit that you work for a disgusting industry.

Admit you are out of your element and have no idea what my job is over hear. Does the company I work with deal with government contract and probably a good amount of lobbying, yes. Do I, no.

Do you wear Nike's or have an iPhone or drive a car or own a gun? Then you support lobbying or child labor. All industries carry a black eye usually. Does that or should that reflect on the employees of the company. nope.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 02:15 AM

get mad

you really think kobe is still top 5

Losoway
08-04-2012, 02:18 AM
you really think kobe is still top 5

i mean i just put him in there for his legacy and him being still active

seikou8
08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
so a player doesn't want to play your style, the othe 11 have no problem w/ it, he's not a cancer? oh man..the reason D'Antoni was fired was b/c Stat and Melo together didn't work b/c Melo never wanted to buy in. Woodson circled the offense around Melo and JR to keep them happy. I don't like Woodson b/c he can't coach offense, lets not kid ourselves, he's at adjusting, he never even played zone against Miami b/c he never believed in it. He's school of Larry Brown, but he's not Larry Brown. And only a dumb front office would extend him when Phil freaking Jackson is out there saying, hey guys I'm available?

why would play zone to play a zone you need to work on it and have players in Right spots in this shorten season we had no preseason practice to using the zone defense did use zone during the regular season so why do it all of sudden in playoffs we went 18-6 and was just fine, phil jackson said we were clumsy if phil wanted to come you think knicks would of resigned mike wood son, now back to melo it didn't work because we didn't have true pg til lin came,melo had to play point forward that's not his game. we had to go all iso we had injuries if this happens this season then your right your right and melo got mike fired it was childish stupid but he wasn't the first guy and won be the last.

Boozerguy47
08-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Nope.

KniCks4LiFe
08-04-2012, 02:42 AM
why would play zone to play a zone you need to work on it and have players in Right spots in this shorten season we had no preseason practice to using the zone defense did use zone during the regular season so why do it all of sudden in playoffs we went 18-6 and was just fine, phil jackson said we were clumsy if phil wanted to come you think knicks would of resigned mike wood son, now back to melo it didn't work because we didn't have true pg til lin came,melo had to play point forward that's not his game. we had to go all iso we had injuries if this happens this season then your right your right and melo got mike fired it was childish stupid but he wasn't the first guy and won be the last.

This is incredibly OT. But simply put, they never even called Phil. Back to Melo again you can't tell me he got a coach fired and he isn't a cancer. He talented but he got his way. Atleast ARod won playoff games, he was ripped for being a worst teammate, Melo again 1/2 the Knicks fanbase acts like he Jordan or something. We only have 1 playoff win w/ him, still have no real offense, still have to hear chemistry excuses, yet he's untouchable in all this? **** out of here. (not you, the thought process)

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 02:51 AM

Lebron
Wade
Durant
CP3
Rose
Westbrook
Tony Parker
Dwight Howard
Kobe
Andrew Bynum
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

melo is better than 7 of the players on your list

seikou8
08-04-2012, 02:57 AM
This is incredibly OT. But simply put, they never even called Phil. Back to Melo again you can't tell me he got a coach fired and he isn't a cancer. He talented but he got his way. Atleast ARod won playoff games, he was ripped for being a worst teammate, Melo again 1/2 the Knicks fanbase acts like he Jordan or something. We only have 1 playoff win w/ him, still have no real offense, still have to hear chemistry excuses, yet he's untouchable in all this? **** out of here. (not you, the thought process)

i for one thinks he not Jordan or even top 10 player 12-15 player give melo this season to prove hie self if does not buy in or plays bad i will be right there with you bro believe i am almost there i but i am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt ,injuries ,no true pg or training camp has been our down fall and if mike woodson offense is just iso melo or amare or felton he should fired.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 02:58 AM

who ?

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Knicks threads love making the way to 20+ pages. No matter what it is about. Any thing Knicks related will blow up.

seikou8
08-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Knicks threads love making the way to 20+ pages. No matter what it is about. Any thing Knicks related will blow up.

people loves us knicks and our fans :cool:

IndyHeatjman
08-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Melo can be the 2nd best player in the league. He has a better all around game than Durant, Kobe's gettin old, and wade is the 2nd best on the Heat...not the league. My view of a top player is the one that can do it all. Lebron James is clearly the best in the world, but Melo could be second. However, he is not right now.

Kashmir13579
08-04-2012, 03:11 AM
:laugh2:

colinskik
08-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Lol at my man living in Afghanistan essentially saying Jacksonville,FL is a more desirable place to live than Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the best place in the world, no arguement.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Lol at my man living in Afghanistan essentially saying Jacksonville,FL is a more desirable place to live than Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the best place in the world, no arguement.

Very debatable my friend.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't think so though, Unless he became an elite defender and got his FG% up another 6-8% consistently I don't think he could be a #2, And even if he did those things he probably still wouldn't be #2, there are all-time legend status kind of players in the league right now, And Melo thus far isn't one of them. But that is the kind of thing winning changes.

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Very debatable my friend.

not really, brooklyn aint really a place people are jumping hurdles to live at

Losoway
08-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Brooklyn is a place people would kill to live at.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:25 AM
not really, brooklyn aint really a place people are jumping hurdles to live at

I'd just rather be nice about it. Although I strongly disagree, Brooklyn is not close to the best place on this planet.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Brooklyn is a place people would kill to leave at.

I guess your right.

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Admit you are out of your element and have no idea what my job is over hear. Does the company I work with deal with government contract and probably a good amount of lobbying, yes. Do I, no.

Do you wear Nike's or have an iPhone or drive a car or own a gun? Then you support lobbying or child labor. All industries carry a black eye usually. Does that or should that reflect on the employees of the company. nope.

You mentioned you worked for Northrop Grumman and also mentioned you have been overseas on a military base.

That fact that you work for the military-industrial complex holds more gravitas than the other industries you mentioned. Tell me this, do you see anything wrong with the fact that the corporation you work for most likely gives lobbying money to politicians , who in turn then go out and make sure that America's over-inflated defense budget stays the same. I also can't forget to mention the war mongering by the chickenhawks on capitol hill and by the establishment media.

You work for a defense contractor and war is good business for your company and that is disgusting. You'll continue working in one of the most detestable industries and you'll see nothing wrong with it, human life be damned, you're getting paid and that's all that matters, right? :up:

Da Knicks
08-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I love Melos game since the time he abused the lakers years back. His game is not based off of speed and agility that can decline easily. Melos game is bully ball mixed with a sharpshooter from the outside. This Knicks team is the best he has ever had and will show how underrated he has being over the years. I wouldn't take anyone over him for the next 5-8 years, call me biased but I just love his style of game...

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Brooklyn is a place people would kill at.

yea they probably have a high crime rate with all the drug kingpins there

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:35 AM
You mentioned you worked for Northrop Grumman and also mentioned you have been overseas on a military base.

That fact that you work for the military-industrial complex holds more gravitas than the other industries you mentioned. Tell me this, do you see anything wrong with the fact that the corporation you work for most likely gives lobbying money to politicians , who in turn then go out and make sure that America's over-inflated defense budget stays the same. I also can't forget to mention the war mongering by the chickenhawks on capitol hill and by the establishment media.

You work for a defense contractor and war is good business for your company and that is disgusting. You'll continue working in one of the most detestable industries and you'll see nothing wrong with it, human life be damned, you're getting paid and that's all that matters, right? :up:

Go be president man. Tryin talk bout the Knicks.

KnicksTape
08-04-2012, 03:37 AM

lmao at the ignorance

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:40 AM
lmao at the ignorance

It's not out of the realm of possibility. One could say if Rondo got a jump shot he still wouldn't be the best point guard because of guys like Chris Paul. There are other players that already play elite defense, with elite offense, and some even more.

KnicksTape
08-04-2012, 03:41 AM

that is probably the worse list ever he put up lol

KnicksTape
08-04-2012, 03:42 AM
It's not out of the realm of possibility. One could say if Rondo got a jump shot he still wouldn't be the best point guard because of guys like Chris Paul. There are other players that already play elite defense, with elite offense, and some even more.

I said it because he said that with elite defense, Melo would still not be #2 sf. Clearly that is just pure hatred.

ThunderousDemon
08-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Go be president man. Tryin talk bout the Knicks.

It wasn't directed at you, you're free to ignore it.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:49 AM
It wasn't directed at you, you're free to ignore it.

I just want you to be president :shrug:

Redskins10
08-04-2012, 03:51 AM
His ceiling is being the second most overweight player in the game. I mean, he's not Boris, Felton or Pierce fat but he's getting there.

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:56 AM
I said it because he said that with elite defense, Melo would still not be #2 sf. Clearly that is just pure hatred.

SF is more like it, But then depends on how much Durant improves defensively, can't imagine he has peaked at what he's going to do as far as overall. Steadily gotten better rebounding, Shooting has always been great. Defensively is what he is working on most now.

tp13baby
08-04-2012, 04:01 AM

You sir have not one bit of homerism. All the posts i've seen pretty dead accurate about your team.

If he played defense and passed the ball effectively, that alone i think puts him top 7 and if his effeciency went up he is top 4-5 player easily.

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 04:06 AM
everbodies right melo sucks lets trade him for earl boykins and joe johnson then we'll be a contender

Losoway
08-04-2012, 04:40 AM
if melo was on there team ...he would be a goat

the unknown
08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Melo offensive weapons is the most. Diverse in nba.. he can pass well and rebounds we'll .. his effort on d.. is always a q

LakersMaster24
08-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Melo barely cracks the Top 10 right now...

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Dwight
Rose
Kobe
Wade
Love
Melo
Deron

Not a chance he becomes the #2 player in the game. He wont improve by that much anymore.

Foye
08-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Carmelo will never be a top 5 player in the nba again.

BcEuAbRsS
08-04-2012, 09:01 AM

That's a ridiculous way to look at it... Special interest groups have ran the country since it started... If he didn't work for that company there would still be war, so him working for them changes nothing...

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
His ceiling is being the second most overweight player in the game. I mean, he's not Boris, Felton or Pierce fat but he's getting there.

lol at the skinny white boys, wanting everyone to be kevin durant. Melo is not remotely fat, this statement is just idiotic

let me guess though, I'll get modded by the mods just for saying "skinny white boys" while other people can just degrade players all they want, even when they know it's not true.

YEDN90
08-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Never with LBJ and Durant in his way.

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 09:46 AM
lol at the skinny white boys, wanting everyone to be kevin durant. Melo is not remotely fat, this statement is just idiotic

let me guess though, I'll get modded by the mods just for saying "skinny white boys" while other people can just degrade players all they want, even when they know it's not true.

He did not say anything about "black boys" so yes your "white boys" comment deserves to be modded. Only racist people think in racist terms.. which you just did. So take a look in the mirror before you point fingers and pull the "race" card.

Your post is "just idiotic"..

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 10:02 AM
He did not say anything about "black boys" so yes your "white boys" comment deserves to be modded. Only racist people think in racist terms.. which you just did. So take a look in the mirror before you point fingers and pull the "race" card.

Your post is "just idiotic"..

wrong you are the only one that thought in racist terms. A green worker is an entry level worker, I used "skinny white boy" as an entry level basketball fan. Try again please. It wasn't nothing to do with race but that's probably all you can think about with your hate. Hence why you just brought out "black boy" You think everything is black and white.

:moon:

Chill_Will_24
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
wrong you are the only one that thought in racist terms. A green worker is an entry level worker, I used "skinny white boy" as an entry level basketball fan. Try again please. It wasn't nothing to do with race but that's probably all you can think about with your hate. Hence why you just brought out "black boy" You think everything is black and white.

:moon:

huh? Sounds like someone is trying to justify themselves

justinnum1
08-04-2012, 10:13 AM

get mad

Why would anyone get mad? Only the most delusional knick homers believe that.

Blitzbolt
08-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Fat Melo sucks on defense to much be a top 5 player.

I think it has to do with his weight fat @$s.

GoneGuru
08-04-2012, 10:41 AM
no, carmelo always has a great olympics, in fact id say he was a standout in international play and he always is phenomenal in the olympics.

then reality comes back.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-04-2012, 10:43 AM
All this thread deserves is a "no" anymore than that is unneeded, yes I understand I typed more than "no" but to make that point I had too lol

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Melo barely cracks the Top 10 right now...

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Dwight
Rose
Kobe
Wade
Love
Melo
Deron

Not a chance he becomes the #2 player in the game. He wont improve by that much anymore.

After last year? I have him 12-15 range.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:05 AM
lmao at the ignorance

How so? Don't need to sit here and tell me he is a talented mother****er. He is my favorite player since cuse. But even if he had lockdown defense he doesn't get past Paul,Dwight. If he played defense and scored more efficently hell Ill be the first one screaming top 5.

VikesTwinsWolve
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Carmelo Anthoney is never gonna be a top 5 player! He is basically Michael Beasley 2.0 that scores, and doesn't get paid enough to play defense......

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Carmelo Anthoney is never gonna be a top 5 player! He is basically Michael Beasley 2.0 that scores, and doesn't get paid enough to play defense......

Woah, Did you just say Beasley 2.0? Melo is one of 3 guys that can be called the best scorer on the planet. Beasley is nowhere in the convo with melo. Melo improved a little on defense last year lets see if he takes another step this year.

GiantsSwaGG
08-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Let me get some

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Carmelo's not even top 10 right now. He's probably not even top 15 either. He's not even the second best at his position. Man this is funny.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:26 AM

Cool? Lol

jp611
08-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Well he's about the 22nd best player in the NBA, so no I don't think he'll jump 20 spots

colinskik
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
yea they probably have a high crime rate with all the drug kingpins there
You're living in the past, man.

Brooklyn is the center of culture for the world. It has everything and more.

But I guess if you prefer strip malls and Walmart, this isn't the place for you. Better off, we don't need your simple type.

....And this one guy is from LA. New Orleans is very nice, but still doesn't compare as a city.

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
You're living in the past, man.

Brooklyn is the center of culture for the world. It has everything and more.

But I guess if you prefer strip malls and Walmart, this isn't the place for you. Better off, we don't need your simple type.

....And this one guy is from LA. New Orleans is very nice, but still doesn't compare as a city.

lol i was joking, I know it is not that bad. It's a little outlandish to say it is the best city in the world with many great cities though. I agree though New Orleans is just a party city It's not even close to being as great as brooklyn. I still couldnt live in brooklyn though, the cost of living is way too high.

BobbyHillSwag
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Well he's about the 22nd best player in the NBA, so no I don't think he'll jump 20 spots

ultimate troll post is ultimate trolls post.

HOZ THE KNICK
08-04-2012, 11:48 AM

why you hate melo so much??

DragonJaii
08-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Knicks, thats why

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:51 AM

That's not really hate. The 2 SF are the best in the game. And durant will just be getting better.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:52 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: One bad year he drops past 20. He is 12-15 after last year

colinskik
08-04-2012, 11:53 AM
lol i was joking, I know it is not that bad. It's a little outlandish to say it is the best city in the world with many great cities though. I agree though New Orleans is just a party city It's not even close to being as great as brooklyn. I still couldnt live in brooklyn though, the cost of living is way too high.
Fair enough.

If you live a little off the beaten path (like I do), you can find affordable, nice housing. Still higher than the national average though. I've been to many major cities nationally, fewer internationally, but Brooklyn is unique as a city. And to think, you have Brooklyn standing alone from Manhattan and Queens, both vibrant boroughs in their own right. That's why NYC is the best city in the world. My opinion and the opinion of many, many others.

As for NO, I think it's more than just a party city. Bourbon St. is fun but pretty stupid. There's much more to NO than Bourbon St.