6. Clippers
7. Hornets (davis, rookie of the year)
8. Dallas

GoPacers33
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Lolololololololol. Worst predictions yet

Cal827
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
No Brooklyn in the Playoffs? I knew Knick and Net fans hated each other, but goddamn lol

Atlanta at 1? Damn Cocaine is a funny drug.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 07:11 PM
pretty bad dude

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Bad but not impossible.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 07:13 PM
What is going on in here....

The_Jamal
The only prediction that's not totally batshit crazy is Memphis at #2 in the West. Everything else is garbage

ChitownBears22
I showed this list to a coworker from New York. He is embarrassed for you.

Haha. Atlanta #1 in the East. How what have they done to improve 10-15 games this offseason?

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I showed this list to a coworker from New York. He is embarrassed for you.

Haha. Atlanta #1 in the East. How what have they done to improve 10-15 games this offseason?

Haven't you heard? Cap space = Wins!!!

Ezio
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Then Cleveland should be in 1st place in the East :shrug:

bluefire7002
08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
you had me at:
1. Atlanta (coach of the year award)

Frozenred
08-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Hahahahaha :laugh:

Bravo95
08-03-2012, 07:31 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

1. Atlanta (coach of the year award) <quote me on that
2. Miami
3. Knicks (Kidd, 6th man award)
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

1. Lakers (Kobe, MVP award)
2. Grizzlies (rudy gay, MIP award)
3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas
C'mon man, my Hawks can't be first because we didn't max out Brook Lopez.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 07:33 PM

No they can't be first because they lack the talent.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 07:47 PM

What does this even mean?

StarvingKnick22
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
i hate how you think that you can sum up what im trying to do, but without votes. o yeah, bad list.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Miami
Boston
Indiana
Brooklyn
Chicago
New York
Milwaukee
Atlanta

I am assuming Orlando trades Dwight midseason, and he doesn't put forth effort anyways.

OKC
LAL
SAS
LAC
Memphis
Denver
Dallas
Minnesota

that is mine. For now.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 07:57 PM
yeah, i've seen it all in this forum.. :laugh:

SteBO
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't think Miami is going to care so much for the #1 seed, so I'm not so sure that Miami #1 is a given. But...

Miami
Indiana
Boston
Chicago
New York
Brooklyn
Milwaukee
Atlanta

I agree with Hawk in regards to Orlando. Not only because of the Dwight situation, but also because they lost Ryan Anderson, who was one of the only players on that team last year that was consistent. Jameer Nelson is a nice player, but he's way too inconsistent.

OKC
LAL
LAC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Minnesota

The West is really tough to gauge, but I think this is more than reasonable at least.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
6th men award is typically scorers off the bench, Kidd will prob average around 5 a game.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Miami
Boston
Indiana
Brooklyn
Chicago
New York
Milwaukee
Atlanta

I am assuming Orlando trades Dwight midseason, and he doesn't put forth effort anyways.

OKC
LAL
SAS
LAC
Memphis
Denver
Dallas
Minnesota

that is mine. For now.
Certainly a solid list. I'd just include Philly somewhere in your standings. They're a good team even with the losses of Brand and Lou Williams.

Also, I think your team will be better than Dallas, especially if Rubio comes back the same . The have a solid starting 5 (as you know).

Lastly I'd say NY (if everything comes together) can be better than Chicago without Rose, unless you're insinuating they'll make a run.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
San Antonio is a regular season juggernaut, they will still win 55+ games. But with Parker showing an alarming trend of regressing come playoff time, and athletic teams giving them complete fits, I don't have them as real contenders anymore.

I will also say, Chicago and New York can be flipped in my predictions, I think they will be right with each other.

SteBO
08-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Certainly a solid list. I'd just include Philly somewhere in your standings. They're a good team even with the losses of Brand and Lou Williams.

Also, I think your team will be better than Dallas, especially if Rubio comes back the same . The have a solid starting 5 (as you know).

Lastly I'd say NY (if everything comes together) can be better than Chicago without Rose, unless you're insinuating they'll make a run.
I've never been sold on Philadelphia. They just have no real firepower off their bench, especially with Lou Williams gone, and now without Brand they have no front court scoring.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I honestly don't think Miami is going to care so much for the #1 seed, so I'm not so sure that Miami #1 is a given. But...

Miami
Indiana
Boston
Chicago
New York
Brooklyn
Milwaukee
Atlanta

I agree with Hawk in regards to Orlando. Not only because of the Dwight situation, but also because they lost Ryan Anderson, who was one of the only players on that team last year that was consistent. Jameer Nelson is a nice player, but he's way too inconsistent.

OKC
LAL
LAC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Minnesota

The West is really tough to gauge, but I think this is more than reasonable at least.

No way is Indianna good enough to get number 2 seed. And Minnesota wont make the playoffs it might happened but I doubt it.

JWO35
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) 76ers
6) Nets
7) Bulls
8) Bucks

1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Spurs
4) Nuggets
5) Clippers
6) Grizzlies
7) Mavericks
8) T-Wolves

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
No way is Indianna good enough to get number 2 seed. And Minnesota wont make the playoffs it might happened but I doubt it.

they were the 3 seed last year.. and with the bulls losing rose for half the season, it wouldn't surprise me

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) 76ers
6) Nets
7) Bulls
8) Bucks

1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Spurs
4) Nuggets
5) Clippers
6) Grizzlies
7) Mavericks
8) T-Wolves

is that ariana grande in your sig? :drool:

SteBO
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I would say they'd get it more based off the fact that Boston isn't going to kill themselves over getting a top 3 seed. I only have Boston at #3 because they're just better than everyone else below them on my list. Don't underestimate Indiana, I know they lost DC, but DJ Augustine is no different a player, though not as quick, but is a better perimeter shooter. They have signed a backup big in Ian Mahinmi that I think makes adequate backup for Roy Hibbert.

JWO35
08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
is that ariana grande in your sig? :drool:

Yes it is:cool:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Heat
Boston
Indiana
Chicago
Atlanta
Nets
Cleveland
Milwaukee

Toronto making a push as well as NY

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:14 PM

damnit, I totally was staring at Philly in the standings and ommitted them. I think they make it in on defense and the fact that they can't possibly lose as many close games as they did last year. Good call.

DoMeFavors
Minnesota is now the most overated team on this forum, first of all Love puts on numbers like a superstar but has the impact of Monta Ellis in terms of winning games. His 15 rebounds dont help the team, like a western conference ex said he stat pads he misses layups to get more rebounds.
I see Brandon Roy playing 50 games max, Rubio will def be effected by his ACL injury. They lost Beasley and have 3 decent pgs taking up their roster spots.

knicks=love
Yes it is:cool:

you sir, are the ****ing man. :hi5:

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM

With Chicago's fall off, Indy can grab the #2 seed possibly, but I think #3 is more realistic.

Minnesota, if healthy will for sure compete for the playoffs. They were in the 8th seed when Rubio went down, and have upgraded on the wings big time. Meanwhile, Houston and Phoenix have gotten worse, Portland as well, and Utah would be the only team standing in their way potentially (sorry, don't believe in the Warriors yet).

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
East:

Miami
Boston
Indiana
Brooklyn
New York
Atlanta
Philly
Milwaukee

West:

Thunder
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Grizzlies
T'Wovles
Warriors

I think The Wolves and Warriors will be the big surprise teams out of the West, they can make a late push with the amount of youth they have.

smith&wesson
08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
EAST

heat
knicks
nets
bulls
pacers
hawks
raptors :win:
76ers

WEST

lakers
thunder
spurs
clippers
grizz
nuggets
twolves
mavs

JOhnnyTHaJet
damnit, I totally was staring at Philly in the standings and ommitted them. I think they make it in on defense and the fact that they can't possibly lose as many close games as they did last year. Good call.

Hey mistakes happen, I'm glad I could help you out on that.

Hawkeye15
Minnesota is now the most overated team on this forum, first of all Love puts on numbers like a superstar but has the impact of Monta Ellis in terms of winning games. His 15 rebounds dont help the team, like a western conference ex said he stat pads he misses layups to get more rebounds.
I see Brandon Roy playing 50 games max, Rubio will def be effected by his ACL injury. They lost Beasley and have 3 decent pgs taking up their roster spots.

haha. They "lost" Beasley? Have you watched the Wolves, outside last year when we beat you guys and Rubio schooled Deron?

Punk
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Lol at Kidd winning 6th man.

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. NY
4. Indiana
5. Brooklyn, NY
6. Chicago
7. Washington or Philly
8. Toronto or Milwaukee

in the West:

1. OKC
2. LA Lakers
3. LA Clippers
4. SA Spurs
5. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Minnesota Timberwolves
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Dallas Mavericks

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
east
1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. bulls
6. nets
7. 76ers
8. bucks

west
1. thunder
2. lakers
3. spurs
4. clippers
5. grizzlies
6. denver
7. wolves
8. mavs

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
haha. They "lost" Beasley? Have you watched the Wolves, outside last year when we beat you guys and Rubio schooled Deron?

Hey wait a minute didnt Anthony Morrow drop 42 on you guys ;) (yes I know we lost the game)

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 08:25 PM

What are you talking about that game went right down to the wire? With the wolves HEALTHY and Nets not having Lopez. Anyways I dont see why you diss the Jazz like that when they got better they got a better pg in Mo Williams, Favors will improve, got Marvin Williams and Foye. Yeah ive watched them. And Wolves made some bad trades this offseason like trading for Cunningham. Now as far as that goes what big leap of faith have Wolves done over Jazz to get in? And it seems like you are being a bit of a homer with putting the wolves in there when Jazz GOT better and Wolves got worse IMO.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey wait a minute didnt Anthony Morrow drop 42 on you guys ;) (yes I know we lost the game)

dude, he could not freakin miss haha. I actually love Morrow, and think he will be a top 10 shooter ever by the time he is done. Pekovic is actually who destroyed you if I remember correctly. Had 25-30 off the bench, when we still thought Milicic had a pulse and were in the realization process...

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM

A starting 5 of :

Rubio
Roy
AK47
Love
Pekovic

is an excellent starting 5, young with plenty of potential. I dont see how they arent a playoff team. Also, if the Wolves can get 50 games out of Roy, I'd see that as an accomplishment, hes one hell of a gifted scorer, even with a bad knee. I think you're just trying to call them out to annoy Hawkeye.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
What are you talking about that game went right down to the wire? With the wolves HEALTHY and Nets not having Lopez. Anyways I dont see why you diss the Jazz like that when they got better they got a better pg in Mo Williams, Favors will improve, got Marvin Williams and Foye. Yeah ive watched them. And Wolves made some bad trades this offseason like trading for Cunningham. Now as far as that goes what big leap of faith have Wolves done over Jazz to get in? And it seems like you are being a bit of a homer with putting the wolves in there when Jazz GOT better and Wolves got worse IMO.

Wolves got worse? Please explain? I wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who doesn't know what they speak of.

SA5195
08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
:puke:

That is all.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
shved will start at the 2 guard spot leading roy to be first off the bench.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM

he's not that great of a factor. he's a terrible center in my eyes.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
dude, he could not freakin miss haha. I actually love Morrow, and think he will be a top 10 shooter ever by the time he is done. Pekovic is actually who destroyed you if I remember correctly. Had 25-30 off the bench, when we still thought Milicic had a pulse and were in the realization process...

You can thank us for breaking out Pekovic, I believe that was his first big game for you guys of the season.

But yes, I love Morrow as well, he was a favorite of mine. I've met him 3 times prior to him being traded, the second time he met me he remembered my name, I just thought that was awesome. I hope he somehow finds his way back to the Nets in 2013.

Anyways, yes Morrow was on fire that game, 13-20 and 8-11 from 3. One of the more memorable nights from last year, it was a shame we lost late to turnovers.

Punk
08-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Wolves got worse? Please explain? I wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who doesn't know what they speak of.
Exactly.

Out: Beasley, Johnson, Webster, Miller, Darko, Ellington.

In: Roy, AK-47, Budinger, Stiemsma, Shavd, Cunningham.

Yes. The Wolves clearly got worse by putting NBA players on their roster instead of keeping Z-Leaguers. Don't even entertain convo with that troll. Not worth it.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
You can thank us for breaking out Pekovic, I believe that was his first big game for you guys of the season.

But yes, I love Morrow as well, he was a favorite of mine. I've met him 3 times prior to him being traded, the second time he met me he remembered my name, I just thought that was awesome. I hope he somehow finds his way back to the Nets in 2013.

Anyways, yes Morrow was on fire that game, 13-20 and 8-11 from 3. One of the more memorable nights from last year, it was a shame we lost late to turnovers.

I think I have around 50 posts in the Wolves trade forum attempting to get him over the last 8 months. I mean, I can't think of a better shooter to put on the weakside for Rubio's money passes.

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Bulls-good coaching helps it the regular season but not in the playoffs.
Heat-They don't care about the standings but they will be top3.
Celtics-Good coach just like the Bulls but have better playmakers
Pacers-Super solid team
Philly-Young
Hawks-so so team
Nets-Dwill
Wizards-Wall

The knicks will blow up the team by mid season.

west
Spurs-same as the bulls
Thunder-KD best Offensive player in the game.
LAL-The refs will help them
MEM-Could get the 3rd seat or the 7th
Clipps-Flop City cheaters
Denver-Young team
Dallas-Dirk
Utah-Young team

The Wolves have to many new players is hard to know how good they are same with the Warriors.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM

What is your reasoning for not having the Utah Jazz in the playoffs? You basically trashed my opinion that the Nets are a championship team when they have 2 players that are better than anyone on the Wolves, but Wolves are going to make the 8th seed in the WEST? AK47 and ROY were once big names so I think thats overshadowing your view on them when they are role players at this point. Maybe I would see where your coming from a little bit if you didnt trash my opinion and basically call me an idiot based on the fact that I am confident about my team.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Celtics-Good coach just like Bulls but have better playmakers
Pacers-Super solid team
Philly-Young
Hawks-so so team
Nets-Dwill
Wizards-Wall

west
Spurs-same as the bulls
Denver-Young team
Dallas-Dirk
Utah-Young team

The Wolves have to many new players is hard to know how good they are same with the Warriors.

I think your Wolves evaluation is right, but for the wrong reasons. Health is literally the only thing that can keep them out. If Rubio doesn't play like Rubio by December, and Roy's knees don't hold up, on top of Pekovic's feet not being great yet after surgery, along with AK's back problems flaring up with another 82 game schedule, that is the only way I see this team not winning at least 48 games and getting that 8th spot.

Also, you missed big time on the Bulls. They shelled off marginally better talent on the bench to avoid that tax with Rose out most the year. They will be lucky to get to 50 wins.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I think I have around 50 posts in the Wolves trade forum attempting to get him over the last 8 months. I mean, I can't think of a better shooter to put on the weakside for Rubio's money passes.

Maybe Ray Allen? But really Morrow would fit great with the Wolves coming off the bench. His only problem last year was he kept settling for 3's over and over again, almost everytime he got the ball he tried to shoot, it wasnt a horrible thing but he fell of a bit from what he was doing the year prior. I believe that may have had to do with the addition of Marshon and him coming off the bench more than he usually did.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Celtics-Good coach just like the Bulls but have better playmakers
Pacers-Super solid team
Philly-Young
Hawks-so so team
Nets-Dwill
Wizards-Wall

west
Spurs-same as the bulls
Denver-Young team
Dallas-Dirk
Utah-Young team

my god :facepalm: sometimes i really think i lose brain cells coming into the nba forum.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:43 PM
What is your reasoning for not having the Utah Jazz in the playoffs? You basically trashed my opinion that the Nets are a championship team when they have 2 players that are better than anyone on the Wolves, but Wolves are going to make the 8th seed in the WEST? AK47 and ROY were once big names so I think thats overshadowing your view on them when they are role players at this point. Maybe I would see where your coming from a little bit if you didnt trash my opinion and basically call me an idiot based on the fact that I am confident about my team.

joe johnson is better than kevin love? are you serious? :eyebrow:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
my god :facepalm: sometimes i really think i lose brain cells coming into the nba forum.

I know the amount of pure garbage some of these knicks homers spew is vomit inducing.

mdm692
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

This is not even funny :facepalm:

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Every time I see the Wolves roster on paper it screams BAD DEFENSE I don't know why.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I know the amount of pure garbage some of these knicks homers spew is vomit inducing.

i agree with you for the most part, but to say that we won't make the playoffs and we'll blow up the team is ridiculous to say the least.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM

A) Didn't trash your team, you are being ridiculous
B) The Wolves have a better player then anyone on the Nets

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
i agree with you for the most part, but to say that we won't make the playoffs and we'll blow up the team is ridiculous to say the least.

I hate the Knicks and most of your fans, but I completely agree with your statement. The Knicks cannot risk a rebuild at the moment.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:51 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

AHAHAHA Kidd for 6th man?
ATL 1st?

yea anything is possible i guess

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Every time I see the Wolves roster on paper it screams BAD DEFENSE I don't know why.

If healthy, Rubio, Kirilenko, and Stiemsma are all exceptional defenders. But yeah, they have some work to do on that end, team wise.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I hate the Knicks and most of your fans, but I completely agree with your statement. The Knicks cannot risk a rebuild at the moment.

there's a reason why we signed guys like kidd and camby to 3 year deals. the team we have right now is the team we're going to have for 3 more seasons with melo, amare and chandler still there. after that i don't know what's going to happen.

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Amare and Melo don't mix Kidd will be injured and Melo will Ball Hog the ball.

No lin to safe yall this year.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:54 PM

I agree. They could miss the playoffs. I don't think they will but if they don't push for a top seed early they might be stuck in a battle they don't want to be a part of with Philly, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, and New Jersey.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 08:55 PM
there's a reason why we signed guys like kidd and camby to 3 year deals. the team we have right now is the team we're going to have for 3 more seasons with melo, amare and chandler still there. after that i don't know what's going to happen.

After that I'd assume you'd trade off Chandler and Melo for high draft picks and hopefully try to rebuild through the draft. But thats a long time for now who knows what could happen.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 08:56 PM

Maybe when someone on your team leads his team to a WCF then you can say Love/Rubio I cant tell who you are talking about because that statment is ridculous. Or like Joe Johnson leads his team to the playoffs every year as the man.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Amare and Melo don't mix Kidd will be injured and Melo will Ball Hog the ball.

No lin to safe yall this year.

amare and melo don't mix? since when has basketball been a 2 player or even a 1 player game? it's 5 on 5 last time i checked. lin couldn't even bring the ball up past half court against miami last year, we'll be fine without him.

and lin won't "safe" us this year? sometimes i wonder how you people do in school.. :rolleyes:

I agree. They could miss the playoffs. I don't think they will but if they don't push for a top seed early they might be stuck in a battle they don't want to be a part of with Philly, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, and New Jersey.

hmmm.. minnesota is in the west buddy :D but yeah. if anything, i could see injuries being a major inconvenience this year with us. if not, i could see a 4-6 spot in the playoffs, with a possible 3 spot seeing how well we mesh together.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
amare and melo don't mix? since when has basketball been a 2 player or even a 1 player game? it's 5 on 5 last time i checked. lin couldn't even bring the ball up past half court against miami last year, we'll be fine without him.

and lin won't "safe" us this year? sometimes i wonder how you people do in school.. :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to you but its really the only sport that can be a 1 or 2 player game. Look at LeBron before Miami, he was carrying his team through rounds of the playoffs and the regular season.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM

hmmm.. minnesota is in the west buddy :D but yeah. if anything, i could see injuries being a major inconvenience this year with us. if not, i could see a 4-6 spot in the playoffs, with a possible 3 spot seeing how well we mesh together.

Don't know why I typed Minnesota. But that is essentially the trap I think NY can fall into if they start out slow. With Iman being hurt it could start that way. Kidd and Camby will make or break the team in my opinion

eternal slumber
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

2.Grizzlies (rudy gay, MIP award)
3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

all the bolded parts are the thinks bothered me the most on your prediction.

Atlanta, number one seed? i see them best at sixth seed. also Drew COY?

Boston being 4th seed is not right. Wizards making the playoff and have a better record than Indiana, really?

Kidd the sixth man? no need to argue this.

Memphis is not a 2nd seed, i guarantee you that.

also, Hornets making the playoff? i see Dallas, Minnesota, Denver and Golden State having a better record than New Orleans.

mdm692
08-03-2012, 09:05 PM
East
1. Bulls(Somehow thibs always makes it work during the reg season)
2. Heat(They have their stretches where they look like a 2nd round exit but LBJ is good enough for 45 wins by himself without Wade and Bosh)
3. Celtics(Retooled and ready to make another run)
4. Knicks(Yes this is the year the Knicks show they are the real deal)
5. Nets(They want to show the Knicks they aren't the only team in NY)
6. Pacers(Call me crazy but pacers have regressed this off-season)
7. Hawks(Even without JJ a duo of Horford/Smith will be good enough to get em into the playoffs)
8. Wizards(This team will surprise a lot of people. They have size, youth and speed to compete with the best)

West
1. Thunder(KD tasted defeat in the finals and anything else other than a ring will be considered failure)
2. Lakers(Kobe + Nash enough said)
3. Spurs(Pop and the Spurs always make it work just like Thibs)
4. Grizzlies(Rudy Gay will step up big and carry this team into the 2nd round)
5. Clippers(Nice additions this off-season should make some noise but the Grizz want payback)
6. Mavericks(Got rid of most of the old guys and cap eaters. If Mayo and Collison can play up to their potential expect them to be a dark horse team)
7. Suns(Homer pick but not so far-fetched considering we got better this off-season)
8. Nuggets(Very deep team but no legit superstar)

7 and 8 can be switched around in west.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Hate to break it to you but its really the only sport that can be a 1 or 2 player game. Look at LeBron before Miami, he was carrying his team through rounds of the playoffs and the regular season.

no you're absolutely right, but that's really what i meant. :)

Don't know why I typed Minnesota. But that is essentially the trap I think NY can fall into if they start out slow. With Iman being hurt it could start that way. Kidd and Camby will make or break the team in my opinion

totally agree. i really like how the team came together and i'm extremely anxious to see how it goes.

mdm692
08-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Deron Williams is better than anyone on the Wolves, even Love. Joe Johnson is probably on par with Rubio due to the fact that Rubio has only played one season in the NBA. Lopez>Pekovic, Wallace>AK47, Brooks=Williams. B-roy, as of right now not 3-4 years ago, is the equivalent of Humprhies.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Deron Williams is better than anyone on the Wolves, even Love. Joe Johnson is probably on par with Rubio due to the fact that Rubio has only played one season in the NBA. Lopez>Pekovic, Wallace>AK47, Brooks=Williams. B-roy, as of right now not 3-4 years ago, is the equivalent of Humprhies.

how can you compare two people that don't even play the same position and even say they are equivalent?

Aleksandar
08-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Can't bother to find posts to quote now, but some people made very underestimating posts about Minnesota.

First off, us downgrading from last season is plain ridiculous. We got rid of a lot of bad players. Some of them did have potential like Beasley or Randolph, but weren't a winning team material. So we didn't "lose" anyone, and we added some nice players.

There is a lot of question marks with our roster, especially injury wise, but I think we improved and will be fighting for playoffs. Do we succeed, depends on a lot of factors, but we're definitely not going to be a losing team this year.

Losoway
08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
East

heat
knicks
celtics
nets
pacers
76ers
hawks
bucks

west
spurs
okc
clippers
lakers
memphis
warriors
wolves
blazers/suns/mavs

C-Wick925
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

:rimshot: :speechless: This is for real?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mdm692
08-03-2012, 10:09 PM
how can you compare two people that don't even play the same position and even say they are equivalent?

Impact wise. If you wanna go position by position

Dwill>>>Rubio
JJ>>Roy
Wallace>AK47
Humprhies<Love
Lopez>>Pekovic

Brooks=Williams

Jint.
08-03-2012, 10:30 PM
turrible

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Impact wise. If you wanna go position by position

Dwill>>>Rubio
JJ>>Roy
Wallace>AK47
Humprhies<Love
Lopez>>Pekovic

Brooks=Williams

i love how you put 3 >'s between deron and rubio, but only put 1 < between humps and love.. that's laughable. love is better than humps blindfolded with his right hand tied behind his back. i'd also take pek over lopez every day of the week.

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Hawks1, Indy 8? Philly 5? Okc 3? Grizz 2? Wiz 7? No nets? wow

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
1.Heat
2.Boston
3.Indy
4.Knicks
5.nets
6.bulls
7.Philly
8,Raps(Surprise pick)
West
1.Okc
2.LAL
3.LAC
4.Spurs
5.Grizz
6.GSW(IF healthy that team is a 3 pt shooting mahcine)
7.Mavs
8.Twolves

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 10:49 PM
i love how you put 3 >'s between deron and rubio, but only put 1 < between humps and love.. that's laughable. love is better than humps blindfolded with his right hand tied behind his back. i'd also take pek over lopez every day of the week.

Nobody working or playing in the NBA would

Mr_Amaziing
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
:) hahaha
Worst predictions

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Did I read Dwill>Love. LOL um not after last year. Im sorry but Give me Love over williams. I will agree Lopez over pek and JJ Over rubio at this point but the nets arent that much better then the wolves if they evenare.

Losoway
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM
my prediction is the only one that matters .

Losoway
08-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Did I read Dwill>Love. LOL um not after last year. Im sorry but Give me Love over williams. I will agree Lopez over pek and JJ Over rubio at this point but the nets arent that much better then the wolves if they evenare.

are u stupid or just on bath salt?

Losoway
08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
kevin love is the only player i know that can have a double double of 25 - 30 and his team still loses by a blow out margin

he is the stat pad logo

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 11:30 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

Im embarrassed to call u a fellow Knick fan.

1. Atlanta top east? And the coach of year?
2. Wizards?? WTF? Over Milwaukee or NJ?
3. Kobe chucking Bryant with an MVP?
4. Hornets? Anthony Davis going be a superstar from the start
5. Even if Gay does have a great season. He already had a breakout season. No way he can win MIP award
6. What the hell has Utah done to warrant 5th seed? Over the Clippers?

There are TOO MANY things wrong with this.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Nobody working or playing in the NBA would

lopez is a 7 footer and can't rebound for **** or defend. no thanks.

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:54 PM
are u stupid or just on bath salt?

Care to explain?

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Maybe when someone on your team leads his team to a WCF then you can say Love/Rubio I cant tell who you are talking about because that statment is ridculous. Or like Joe Johnson leads his team to the playoffs every year as the man.

Love is a better player then anyone on the Nets. Fact.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM

Love is better then Williams. The rest of your post I really don't care.

EL HEAT
08-04-2012, 12:48 AM

C'mon Hawk! I know you ain't gonna let them off that easy!

mdm692
08-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Love first has to get to the playoffs before you can even make such a claim. Whether you like it or not as of right now D-will>>>Love. After this season you might be able to make a case, that is of course IF Minny makes the playoffs and IF BK doesn't. But those are very big if's.

Losoway
08-04-2012, 12:51 AM
lmao @ love being better then williams

in what world? love is the jerry west logo for stat padding

Losoway
08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Love first has to get to the playoffs before you can even make such a claim. Whether you like it or not as of right now D-will>>>Love. After this season you might be able to make a case, that is of course IF Minny makes the playoffs and IF BK doesn't. But those are very big if's.

you shouldnt even explain yourself . you won the minute they said love was better then williams :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

EL HEAT
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM

Love contributes to his team WAY more than Williams or Johnson do. He had a significant higher WS/48.

SteBO
08-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Deron Williams took a drop off in terms of points and efficiency since he got traded to New Jersey(now BKN). Love has been way more consistent and has a greater impact on his team than D-Will has had for his team as the lead guard. Since he's been there, he hasn't reached the playoffs either, so the fact that there's all of a sudden a double standard against Love in these respects is laughable at best. Until proven otherwise, Love as of right now is the better player than Williams.

knicks=love
08-04-2012, 08:38 AM
There's too many damn trolls on this site, and especially in this forum.

SaimuKala
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Heat
Pacers
Bulls
Celtics
Nets
Knicks
76ers
Magic

OKC
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Mavericks
Hornets
Timberwolves

Blitzbolt
08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Heat
Pacers
Bulls
Celtics
Nets
Knicks
76ers
Magic

OKC
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Mavericks
Hornets
Timberwolves

Wolves and Hornets over the Grizz.LOL

Kevin Love is Garbage not even close to Dwill even JoeJ is better then that statbooster.

GeekInThePink
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Wolves and Hornets over the Grizz.LOL

Kevin Love is Garbage not even close to Dwill even JoeJ is better then that statbooster.

....what? Kevin averaged 37% from downtown and 45% from the field. Oh, did I mention his 26 PPG? how about his 13.3 RPG? And correct me if I'm wrong (because I'm not going to claim to be the most knowledgeable basketball fan ever) wasn't Minnesota in playoff contention when healthy?

Also, find me other PF/C who have put up those kind of numbers at 23. Go Ahead, surprise me.

Isammm
08-04-2012, 11:36 AM
EAST:
1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Knicks
4.Brooklyn
5.Indiana
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8.Philly

WEST:
1.OKC
2.Lakers
3.Spurs
4.Clippers
5.Dallas
6.Memphis
7.T Wolves
8.Denver

Isammm
08-04-2012, 11:39 AM
EAST:
1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Knicks
4.Brooklyn
5.Indiana
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8.Philly

WEST:
1.OKC
2.Lakers
3.Spurs
4.Clippers
5.Dallas
6.Memphis
7.T Wolves
8.Denver

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Love must get towards 50 percent playing PF but that post is a joke. JJ Is nowhere near Love anymore. And Dwill coming off his bad year, Love has jumped him IMO

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 11:55 AM
People have to be kidding. Williams is top 10 but do you see what love does? He doesnt have no team around him. Esp when Rubio went out. He is a doube double machine. Look at his numbers and advance stats and get back to me

Rocketsfan85
08-04-2012, 12:17 PM
There's pedictions are horrible

THE GIPPER
08-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Not trying to be a homer or anything but how the hell is it that half these predictions dont even have the Nuggets making the playoffs? Nugs were the 6 seed last year despite having injuries to literally every player last year. Wilson Chandler (missed entire year) alone will be a huge boost to an already deep bench and another year of development for guys like Faried, Mcgee (both are training with Olajuwon this offseason), Gallinari, Lawson and Afflalo is huge.

Logically I just cant see this team taking a step backwards this year but whatever we werent supposed to make the playoffs last year either.

birdmann5
08-04-2012, 12:38 PM
East

Miami
Boston
Indiana
Chicago
New York
Philadelphia
Brooklyn
Cleveland

West

OKC
LA Lakers
San Antonio
LA Clippers
Utah
Memphis
Denver
New Orleans

sep11ie
08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
How to make yourself look stupid in 30 seconds or less...

Ty_Lawson
08-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Not trying to be a homer or anything but how the hell is it that half these predictions dont even have the Nuggets making the playoffs? Nugs were the 6 seed last year despite having injuries to literally every player last year. Wilson Chandler (missed entire year) alone will be a huge boost to an already deep bench and another year of development for guys like Faried, Mcgee (both are training with Olajuwon this offseason), Gallinari, Lawson and Afflalo is huge.

Logically I just cant see this team taking a step backwards this year but whatever we werent supposed to make the playoffs last year either.
We are lottery team again,just like last year,ask Kobe or Bynum if you don't believe me ;)

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Love is better then Deron. Pekovic was light years better then Lopez last year, Kirilenko looks young again, and was just as good as Wallace was last year when he left, if not better. Rubio who knows, I am not even guessing what he will be this year returning from injury. Joe Johnson is good and all until the real games start in the playoffs, and then he shrinks like a unit in a cold pool.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:16 PM
which one was 2nd team All NBA again? I can't remember? Which one went for 20-15 (first time since 1982), and then 26/14 while being one of the top big men three point shooters in the league again? I can't remember..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=loveke01&y1=2012&p2=willide01&y2=2012

holy ****, the difference is much bigger then I thought it would be. Deron wasn't even in Love's conversation this past season.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:17 PM
and if you even attempt to bring up Deron's help, you just killed your entire argument. Love has played with crap outside the first 41 games last season, in which, guess what.....they were a playoff team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Love is better then Deron. Pekovic was light years better then Lopez last year, Kirilenko looks young again, and was just as good as Wallace was last year when he left, if not better. Rubio who knows, I am not even guessing what he will be this year returning from injury. Joe Johnson is good and all until the real games start in the playoffs, and then he shrinks like a unit in a cold pool.

Lets be fair, how could you make that assumption when Lopez played only 5 games last year?

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree with Love>Deron but Pek IMO is not the better center. Lopez IF healthy is the better player. IMO Lopez will be a 16/8 Guy this year.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree with Love>Deron but Pek IMO is not the better center. Lopez IF healthy is the better player. IMO Lopez will be a 16/8 Guy this year.

I'd venture to say Lopez can be a higher scorer than 16 ppg. He's only averaged below that once, and that was his rookie year.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM

That was exactly what Pekovic was when Adelman suddenly realized Darko sucked, and benched him. Literally. Pekovic was a 17-9 player when January started going forward. I think Lopez may indeed be the better center, if he stays healthy, but they are on par basically. But if Pekovic's bone spur operation went as successfully as they report, expect a 17-9 season out of him with a ridiculous PER and win shares.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd venture to say Lopez can be a higher scorer than 16 ppg. He's only averaged below that once, and that was his rookie year.

On a team with Deron and JJ, I still think Lopez can get 18 a night on the board.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Lets be fair, how could you make that assumption when Lopez played only 5 games last year?

That's the only reason I am making it hahaha. I thought someone would catch it..

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM
On a team with Deron and JJ, I still think Lopez can get 18 a night on the board.

18 boards you say? ;)

But (and please dont take this as me being bias) with Lopez having more help around him and not being double teamed on offense every night I dont think its outlandish to say he can be a 20 ppg player. Deron feeding him the ball and JJ being a constant threat on offense, I dont see anyway around him not being able to dominate down low.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 04:37 PM
That's the only reason I am making it hahaha. I thought someone would catch it..

I was going to say....

Pekovic will be a very solid player, but I cant tell whether or not Love will limit him or compliment him going forward.

eibbor
08-04-2012, 04:43 PM
these are my predictions

[EAST]

2. Miami
4. Boston
5. Philly
6. Chicago
7. Wizards
8. Indiana

[WEST]

3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Utah
6. Clippers
8. Dallas

Bath Salts must be some crazy ****

Losoway
08-04-2012, 04:46 PM
at least we all agree on the fact... the bulls and the mavs arent making playoffs

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:46 PM
18 boards you say? ;)

But (and please dont take this as me being bias) with Lopez having more help around him and not being double teamed on offense every night I dont think its outlandish to say he can be a 20 ppg player. Deron feeding him the ball and JJ being a constant threat on offense, I dont see anyway around him not being able to dominate down low.

I don't think its biased at all. He went for 20 one year, right? I just worry there may not be enough shots for him to get 20, that would be really the only thing holding him back.

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 04:53 PM
at least we all agree on the fact... the bulls and the mavs arent making playoffs

:facepalm:

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think its biased at all. He went for 20 one year, right? I just worry there may not be enough shots for him to get 20, that would be really the only thing holding him back.

Yes he has actually, 2010 in fact. And the year prior he averaged 18.8, so again I think its not farfetched to say he can be and should be a 20 ppg player.

Also, I think his shots come from Deron taking less shots, I mean look at Derons shooting numbers, he's taken 2 more shots per game than he has ever in his career. I think Deron will fall back into the facilitator role and set up Lopez to be the #2 option on offense. Thus creating more opportunities to score for Brook.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I was going to say....

Pekovic will be a very solid player, but I cant tell whether or not Love will limit him or compliment him going forward.

Offensively they compliment each other. Pekovic is a paint eater who runs the PnR with Rubio. I went to the Houston game and was 30 feet away. Time and time again, Pekovic set a pick, Rubio took it, Pek rolled, Parson had to help, Love gets a wide open bomb. Parsons doesn't help, Pekovic buries Dalembert or Scola under the rim, and-1. With Love being able to play outside the paint and being a pretty good attacker off the dribble now, Pekovic just has to create space and Rubio finds him easily. You should have noticed that when we played you, Pekovic destroyed you guys off the PnR.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes he has actually, 2010 in fact. And the year prior he averaged 18.8, so again I think its not farfetched to say he can be and should be a 20 ppg player.

Also, I think his shots come from Deron taking less shots, I mean look at Derons shooting numbers, he's taken 2 more shots per game than he has ever in his career. I think Deron will fall back into the facilitator role and set up Lopez to be the #2 option on offense. Thus creating more opportunities to score for Brook.

Hopefully. With no quick double team, Lopez should have no problem scoring the basketball if he can dig in and get great position early in the possession. He is skilled with both hands, and go can either way off the dribble, and has a nice shot out to 10-12 feet if needed, though I prefer him sticking around the rim.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Offensively they compliment each other. Pekovic is a paint eater who runs the PnR with Rubio. I went to the Houston game and was 30 feet away. Time and time again, Pekovic set a pick, Rubio took it, Pek rolled, Parson had to help, Love gets a wide open bomb. Parsons doesn't help, Pekovic buries Dalembert or Scola under the rim, and-1. With Love being able to play outside the paint and being a pretty good attacker off the dribble now, Pekovic just has to create space and Rubio finds him easily. You should have noticed that when we played you, Pekovic destroyed you guys off the PnR.

Dont you realize I am trying to erase the last few years of play of my team? You're certainly not helping hahaha.

The way you describe it leads me to believe they will be just fine, the only thing out of your explanation that concerns me is Rubio. If he doesnt come back as efficient the whole pick and roll aspect may minimize. Although, I think he'll make a full recovery.

Ty_Lawson
08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Why wouldn't you guys just make new thread in "comparisons" forum and argue about Love,DW,GW,JJ,Pek,Lopez there?? Maybe "Which big 3 is better" or something like that??

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Hopefully. With no quick double team, Lopez should have no problem scoring the basketball if he can dig in and get great position early in the possession. He is skilled with both hands, and go can either way off the dribble, and has a nice shot out to 10-12 feet if needed, though I prefer him sticking around the rim.

As do I, his post moves are actually very polished, he can score at any time underneath the rim. But I wont mind at all him spotting up from mid range from time to time, he can hit that shot all day.

n0ncents
08-04-2012, 05:40 PM
*Dashed lines indicate tiers where I believe the standings are fairly interchangeable.
**These predictions are unofficial
***Edited to account for Derrick Rose's injury

East
1. Miami
2. Indiana
---
3. Boston
---
4. New York
5. Brooklyn
---
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Detroit
9. Philadelphia
10. Toronto
---
11. Milwaukee
12. Orlando
---
13. Washington
14. Charlotte
---
15. Cleveland

West
1. Oklahoma City
---
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. San Antonio
---
4. Denver
5. Memphis
6. Los Angeles Clippers
---
7. Dallas
---
8. Phoenix
---
9. Utah
10. Golden State
11. Portland
12. Minnesota
---
13. New Orleans
14. Sacramento
---
15. Houston

knicks=love
08-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Why wouldn't you guys just make new thread in "comparisons" forum and argue about Love,DW,GW,JJ,Pek,Lopez there?? Maybe "Which big 3 is better" or something like that??

TY LAWSON?! :faint: can i have your autograph?

HowBoutDemBulls
08-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Miami
Boston
Indiana
New York
Chicago
Philly
Atlanta
Cleveland

OKC
LAC
LAL
Memphis
San Antonio
Dallas
Denver
Minnesota

PacersForLife
08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
No idea what is going on in the original post but...
(Depends on how long Derrick Rose's injury lasts)
East:
Miami
Indiana
Boston
NYK
Philly
Chicago
Brooklyn
Atlanta

West:
Thunder
San Antonio
Lakers
Clippers
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Minnesota

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Brooklyn will be top 5 if healthy

JordansBulls
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
BTW, how does the Brooklyn Arena floor look?