PDA

View Full Version : The demise of Dallas Mavericks

Aleksandar
08-03-2012, 01:51 PM
An era of success may have come to end.

This offseason of Dallas Mavericks in many ways reminds me of their last year's offseason. That is why I believe they will have a disastrous year and disrupt their 12 year playoff appearance stretch.

Let's rewind a bit and take a look at their 2010/2011 roster:

Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Cardinal
Marion/Butler/Stojakovic
Stevenson/Terry/Beaubois
Kidd/Barea

Won a championship as a crown of their long stretch of monster seasons and constantly being one of the top teams in the league. Definitely a deserved one, I was very happy for them.

After that, they are taking a path of stepping back for a year, with hopes of a bright future. They give up on Tyson Chandler, a pillar of their championship campaign. He blossoms and becomes arguably the best center(the most valuable center) in the league(due to his elite defense and Howard injury, Bynum off court issues and maturity etc.)

They also give up on some important role players, who individually didn't seem to be that influential, but again, they won a championship. Caron Butler, DeShawn Stevenson, JJBarea.

Temporary patches they made actually looked good on paper, their fans could even hope for a repeat. But when the season got under way:

Lamar Odom: What a disaster. After being a key cog in the Lakers machine, he completely lost himself, even managed to get himself demoted to D-League. He gave away impression of a strong personality, I could never guess he would be dominated by a Kardashian.

Vince Carter: Did they really think he can be a decent patch to keep their team running?

Delonte West: A young player to refresh their aging team? Along with some injury problems, he just wasn't that good.

Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Odom/Wright
Marion
Carter/West/Terry
Kidd/Beaubois

Final result: They thought they are taking a small stepback, in order to keep flexibility for the future. Wrong, it was a massive stepback. They barely got into playoffs, and got swept in the first round.

So, we're coming to this year. Gave up on some more cornerstones of their team, due to them aging, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry.

They believe they patched the holes rather well, while keeping the flexibility for the future.

Chris Kaman: A washed up center, he has had his last good season back in 09/10. Likely to be injured, or just plain bad. Definitely not worth 8mil.

OJ Mayo: He has a lot of talent, but he's a chucker. He wasn't good enough for Memphis to keep him, not even for petty 4mil per year. Don't you think Memphis would trade him during the season, if he had any value? They didn't even manage to SnT him. There was a word Boston was interested, but they went after Courtney Lee instead. This is because Courtney Lee is a way better player overall. OJ Mayo is a good fit for a losing team like Charlotte, to score 20+ ppg. But he will only hurt a team that wants to win games. Again, he may be talented as hell, but in no way he can replace Terry's experience, winning mentality and overall contribution to the team.

Darren Collison: Like Delonte West, he's simply not good enough for Dallas' ambitions. After showing some potential in New Orleans rookie season, Indiana tried him as their PG of the future. The experiment failed. Again, there is no way Collison can replace Kidd's knowledge, experience and overall contribution to the team.

Elton Brand: He may end up as a best Mavs' acquisition. Absolutely a steal at 2mil. He was a big reason Philly got a reputation of an elite defensive team. He'll probably end up being a starting center. A bit aged, but still has some gas in the tank.

Some of the second round picks may prove to be useful, like Crowder or Dahntay Jones, but not a playoff material.

This year team:

Kaman/Brand
Nowitzki/Wright
Marion/DJones/Crowder
OJMayo/West/Carter
Collison/Beaubois/Cunningham

Conclusion: The scenario I predict here is, just like last year, they think they patched the holes nicely, but in reality, they take another massive stepback, and fall out of the playoffs. If West wasn't stacked as it is, Dirk may have been able to push them, but with so many teams on the rise, it will be a tough challenge.

Regarding the future flexibility they nurture, I'm starting to doubt they can actually sign a star in free agency. Deron Williams had a choice this year, and he chose the Nets over Mavericks. Even after he knew there won't be Dwight Howard. I mean, Nets over Mavs? So what can Mavs hope for in the future? Dwight never really mentioned them as his preferred destination.

And let's not forget it's not that easy to sign a star by free agency anymore. Teams will trade their stars before the contract expires. Cleveland risked on LeBron and it backfired on them, same might happen to Orlando, and New Orleans didn't let it happen to them.

And with Dirk aging, and their reputation declining, how much time do they have?

To end my story, I will say that people love being witnesses of great things. And as much they enjoy the rise of the OKC from nothingness to the roofs of the basketball world, they will equally enjoy the fall of a giant like Dallas Mavericks.

Ty_Lawson
08-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Bolji ste nego prosle godine 100%...sa Brandom,majonezom i collisonom mozete ganjati 7u poziciju(jeste vi bolji ali su i ostale ekipe bolje od vas xD xD)...eto da ne bude da niko nece da ti odg....

DitchDat
08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
It all started when they refused to overpay Chandler.

The Lamar Odom situation was horrible, VC is just a neutral player at this point, and West was good when he played.

Kaman and Brand are huge gambles health-wise, but I think their backcourt (Collison/Mayo/West/Roddy) is actually pretty nice. Too bad their frontcourt is Dirk + question marks.

heyman321
08-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Courtney Lee better than Mayo?? Haaayyyyyyyyyyyl no. Also Collison is an upgrade on Kidd. Kidd was incredibly washed up last year. I couldn't even count how many times he turned the ball over on stupid lobs into the post for a player. Agree on everything else.

StarvingKnick22
08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
bad management= bad moves

Aleksandar
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Courtney Lee better than Mayo?? Haaayyyyyyyyyyyl no. Also Collison is an upgrade on Kidd. Kidd was incredibly washed up last year. I couldn't even count how many times he turned the ball over on stupid lobs into the post for a player. Agree on everything else.

Tony Allen is also way better than Mayo. Mayo has potential, he averaged 18-19ppg in his rookie season, but Grizllies became a strong playoff team only after Mayo got benched and Allen took his spot.

marj987
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Tony Allen is also way better than Mayo. Mayo has potential, he averaged 18-19ppg in his rookie season, but Grizllies became a strong playoff team only after Mayo got benched and Allen took his spot.

No.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM

thats why its funny that knicks fan are so optimistic of it.

marj987
08-03-2012, 02:37 PM
What's with all the Mav hate threads?

Losoway
08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
pretty good post .

i think the signing of oj mayo was desperate by the mavs

he is a bad chucker and gets mad when he doesnt get to jack up 50 foot 3 pointers

King41
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
bad management= bad moves

jep exactly ^^ lol

Losoway
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
the mavs are bottom 10-13 team at best

kaman will be injured by december . mayo will be shopped by january

mRc08
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I think mayo will play good there.

Aleksandar
08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
What's with all the Mav hate threads?

I don't hate Mavs, I just noticed the resemblance between this and the last Mavs' offseason. That's why I feel that the outcome will be similar.

IUBball22
08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
You're right. The Mavs are forever doomed. Until summer 2013, when they get Dwight or CP3 or both in FA.

Enjoy hating on Cuban now because he's rebuilt this franchise from a laughing stock into a legitimate contender year in & year out. He gambled and lost...doesn't mean his next gamble wont win big...especially with NY, BK, & LAL having no cap space next year.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Talk about what a fall off from last year, like ive said before they might be the worst defending champs of all time.

EDUTEXANS
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM

they are a playoff team either way you look at it

jmoney85
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
You're right. The Mavs are forever doomed. Until summer 2013, when they get Dwight or CP3 or both in FA.

Enjoy hating on Cuban now because he's rebuilt this franchise from a laughing stock into a legitimate contender year in & year out. He gambled and lost...doesn't mean his next gamble wont win big...especially with NY, BK, & LAL having no cap space next year.

you wake up from your dream yet?

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM

They won't be able to sign both Howard and CP3 even if those two stars wanted to play for the Mavericks. If Howard decided to go to Dallas, it would be Dirk, Dwight and not much flexibility to sign another impact player.

Also another big misconception is how Cuban has supposedely turned that franchise around. Dirk is the primary reason, he's the one responsible for the run they've had through a good decade. Let's see how good Dallas is at rebuilding or reloading once Dirk's playing days are over.

gatkins11
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Talk about what a fall off from last year, like ive said before they might be the worst defending champs of all time.

Better a has-been (Mavs) than a never-was (Nets).

DeyAce
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
They still having a better offseason than the Bulls

jmoney85
08-03-2012, 04:20 PM
10th in the west

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Better a has-been (Mavs) than a never-was (Nets).

This thread isnt about the Nets, its OUR OPINIONS! Stop getting so angry! :)

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Lol someone let loose the haterade! Everyone kept doubting the Mavs in 2010-2011 until they won the championship. But lets be honest, they were on fire in those playoffs series, IMHO there was no way they could have repeated. Especially when the new CBA was coming and forcing owners to carefully spend.

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
This thread isnt about the Nets, its OUR OPINIONS! Stop getting so angry! :)

Lol he is not angry, he is stating his opinions as well :)

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 04:51 PM

Please can you tell me this week's lotto numbers too?

kenzo400
08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
You think Kaman is a bad signing? He is still a very good defensive player and still has decent offense. Obviously he can't be compared to Chandler but still a decent signing, especially considering it's only for one year.

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Every mavs thread the nets are always mentioned lol. We will be linked forever.

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I love the moves! Way upgrade from last year and we also have the 2nd most cap space next summer :)

Thats the big key, we already won a championship in the Dirk era

We are now trying to find a superstar to build a team around after Dirk retires

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
If we didnt win a championship, Chandler and others would still be here

That was the goal and we succeeded. If we didnt win a title, then we can talk about this

Its obvious Mavs are doing short term deals to get a Superstar by trade or free agency to have after the Dirk era

Those are great players for short term deals in my opinion

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
People said Mavs wouldnt make plsyoffs last year lol

Dirk will get the Mavs in playoffs, done it 12 straight years

He has a better roster than last year and he will also have a great year

Last year Dirk was double teamed or triple teamed by Haywood and Kidds defender every play and still avg 22 ppg

Kaman Collison and Mayo can score so Dirk wont get double teamed or triple teamed

jmoney85
08-03-2012, 05:29 PM
you do realize that the only reason the mavs made the playoffs is because of houston completely choking?

tp13baby
08-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Mavs will make the playoffs. They got better at point guard, center and shooting guard.
I see them a 6-8 seed.

WaltonSystem
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Bolji ste nego prosle godine 100%...sa Brandom,majonezom i collisonom mozete ganjati 7u poziciju(jeste vi bolji ali su i ostale ekipe bolje od vas xD xD)...eto da ne bude da niko nece da ti odg....

This.

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
you do realize that the only reason the mavs made the playoffs is because of houston completely choking?

Thats all I read :)

I decided i am not going to step to the level of the ignoramus brain which you hold and bring up the Nets franchise past

It wont end up good

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 05:53 PM
1) We just won a championship with an old team, it was time to change and get young

2) Mavs have a better starting PG, SG, and C than last year (Collison, Mayo, Kamam)

3) The bench is also better with Brand, West (who started last year), Crowder, Dahntay Jones, Cunningham, Wright, Roddy, James, Carter, Dominique Jones

4) We have the 2nd most cap space next summer

I am happy :)

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 06:14 PM
1) We just won a championship with an old team, it was time to change and get young

2) Mavs have a better starting PG, SG, and C than last year (Collison, Mayo, Kamam)

3) The bench is also better with Brand, West (who started last year), Crowder, Dahntay Jones, Cunningham, Wright, Roddy, James, Carter, Dominique Jones

4) We have the 2nd most cap space next summer
I am happy :)

Didnt work out that well this year :eyebrow:

Aleksandar
08-03-2012, 07:03 PM
@LTBaByyy

1)You do have financial flexibility, but I have stated well reasoned concerns about whether you can convert it into a superstar or not. If Deron Williams chose Nets, despite Mavs having Nowitzki, strong reputation, and a rich owner, what can you expect in the future? Waiting to sign a superstar via free agency, is as risky as waiting for a franchise player via draft.

2)I do not think OJ Mayo is an upgrade, which I argumented pretty well, and no one really put any counter arguments.

3)Chis Kaman last played a consistent season in 09/10. His health and overall performance are a big question mark.

4)Argument can be made for Collison, but I just don't believe he's good enough. Let's not forget Indiana tried him as their starting PG, but eventually they dumped him, and tied up George Hill on a long term contract.

DoMeFavors
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Chris Paul will stay with Clippers
Dwight wont make it to free agency he will be traded and Dallas has nothing to offer.

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Mavericks are the only championship team high dollar free agents can go to

Both NY, Both LA, MIA, OKC, SA, BOS,CHI, IND are all tied up in cap for next few years

I'm happy :) We have to get ready for the era after Dirk and keep reloading

We will never rebuild under Mark Cuban as the owner

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Its not only CP3 and Howard

Bynum, Harden, Ibaka, Granger, & many more

In 2014 we have $00.00 on the pay roll

I'm sure there are big time free agents that year too

superior
08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
yall are insane...the mavericks got WAAAYYYY better

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
yall are insane...the mavericks got WAAAYYYY better

Thank you. We also are young so all the old jokes are gone haha

We have like 11 guysunder the age 28

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
they had a sharp dropoff after their championship year, but I can't fault Cuban for not breaking the bank to keep that team intact, when it overachieved. That being said, the Mavs are simply missing on the lofty FA's they are setting their sights on, so it appears they are losers this offseason, and patching together a roster that should still make the playoffs, but will be beat up round 1 most likely. The other part of it, is that they are wasting Dirk's last good years right now.

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Cuban and Nelson are smart

Dallas has $00.00 on the cap 2014 summer

Look at the 2014 free agents, one of the best Free Agent classes

We will keep reloading until then, as long as make playoffs its not a big deal

If we didn't get a championship I would be freaking out, we have a plan to get a star by the time Dirk retires!

We don't want to be one of the worst teams and rebuild when Dirk retires

That's why have cap the next 2 years, especially 2014 summer! Look at the free agent class :) :)

So excited

Losoway
08-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Chris paul is never going to dallas. get that thought out of your head

Losoway
08-03-2012, 09:35 PM
dallas didnt improve at any position this year

You replaced a leathal off the bench sixth man for a young immature chucker in oj mayo (memphis was practically begging teams to take him)

you replaced a ****** center in haywoood with a injurie prone thats extremely unpredictable

you replaced jason kidd with a another unpredictable streaky player

your best pickup this off season was old man brand

Vinylman
08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Cuban and Nelson are smart

Dallas has $00.00 on the cap 2014 summer

Look at the 2014 free agents, one of the best Free Agent classes

We will keep reloading until then, as long as make playoffs its not a big deal

If we didn't get a championship I would be freaking out, we have a plan to get a star by the time Dirk retires!

We don't want to be one of the worst teams and rebuild when Dirk retires

That's why have cap the next 2 years, especially 2014 summer! Look at the free agent class :) :)

So excited

ummm... don't want to ***** on your parade but the Lakers currently only have steve nash under contract when that group of FA's come out after the 2014 season... I am sure other teams will have a shitload of cap at that point also...

so while you might be "excited" now i am sure that will be replaced with disappoint when that class comes out...

Dallas has never been a top destination of FA's ... I mean... i am sure there are more Diop's and Haywoods that would come :facepalm:

Losoway
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
ummm... don't want to ***** on your parade but the Lakers currently only have steve nash under contract when that group of FA's come out after the 2014 season... I am sure other teams will have a shitload of cap at that point also...

so while you might be "excited" now i am sure that will be replaced with disappoint when that class comes out...

Dallas has never been a top destination of FA's ... I mean... i am sure there are more Diop's and Haywoods that would come :facepalm:

deron williams didnt even wanna go and he is from dallas :facepalm::facepalm:

C-Wick925
08-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Yea! Who would wanna stay near cowboy fans?

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 10:19 PM
That a funny someone says Dallas is not a top destination

Please tell me besides the Knicks in 2014, what championship organization will have cap room the next 2 seasons besides Mavs for Free Agents????

Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Pacers, and Nets are all tied up

The top free agents have no choice unless they keep demanding trades every single year

Why do y'all think Bynum and Howard have Mavs on their list?

LTBaByyy
08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
We are making the right moves

And whoever thinks that team that won the championship could win it again the next year us crazy

It was a perfect year at perfect timing

That roster was the oldest in NBA, it was time to get younger

We would be in salary cap hell if we offered Terry, Kidd, Stevenson, Mahinmi, JJ, Chandler all long term deals and kept Haywood contract along

If you can't see that you got problems, we now have 11 players younger than 28 and have plenty of cap space next 2 years

We also upgraded from last season, that's all that matters

Collison, Mayo, Brand, Kaman ll have chips on their shoulders to prove they are still good players

We will be fine as long as Cuban is owner and he has shown that

keetyweedy
08-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Lmfao baiting at its finest, you want Dallas to demise so maybe, just maybe there will be a room for Minny to move in...well I got some bad news for you, it ain't happening at least not while mark cuban owns them

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Chris Paul will stay with Clippers
Dwight wont make it to free agency he will be traded and Dallas has nothing to offer.

I didn't realize that the majority of Nets fans can see the future. Nothing to offer? How about a championship with no rebuilding?

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Mavs have way more to offer for Dwight in January than Nets do. Mainly because all our players are expiring contracts except for a few, therefore we can take back a couple bad contracts like Richardson and Turk

The best Nets can do is Lopez and couple scrubs for Howard straight up, EW.

That would be the worst trade in history of NBA. The Magic would also have to keep their bad contracts

Nelson
Richardson
Turk
Davis
Lopez (Max contract)

:facepalm: That team would be like the Nets for the past years (Not bad enough to get 1st pick but pretty damnnnnn horrible)

At what point does Nets fans not get the Magic don't want Brook Lopez??

The ONLY reason they talkes to Nets is because Howard had ONLY one team on his list which were Nets

When he expanded the list, they hardly talked because they don't want freaking Brook Lopez

kenzo400
08-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Chris paul is never going to dallas. get that thought out of your head

I think Dallas is going to be one of the only winning teams next year that will have the cap space to sign major players. I could be wrong though. Either way, if the Clippers are **** this year, with no great future outlook i don't see why he wouldn't go to Dallas. It wouldn't be a bad decision.

Losoway
08-04-2012, 02:42 AM
he is not leaving the clippers. why would he leave lob city to go to a future retirement home team in dallas???

Lone Maverick
08-04-2012, 03:18 AM
he is not leaving the clippers. why would he leave lob city to go to a future retirement home team in dallas???

I don't think he will leave LA either but future retirement home team :facepalm:

Dallas is now a pretty young team.

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Losoway tries too hard, if you are going to troll at least be a good one :laugh:

astrosmaniac
08-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Mavericks are the only championship team high dollar free agents can go to

Both NY, Both LA, MIA, OKC, SA, BOS,CHI, IND are all tied up in cap for next few years

I'm happy :) We have to get ready for the era after Dirk and keep reloading

We will never rebuild under Mark Cuban as the owner

Which is exactly what happened with Houston. The owner refused to accept a rebuild after their star stopped playing and they floundered at the 14th pick area for three straight years. Just cause you have a dedicated owner willing to spend doesn't ensure you will be competitive. They have to be willing to accept that sometimes you have to lose short term to win long term

CyborgMushroom
08-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Don't get too worked up Mavs fans. If all stay healthy they can be solid. Not championship solid I don't think, But certainly better than last year. Upgraded the C, the PG, and got younger at SG.

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
That a funny someone says Dallas is not a top destination

Please tell me besides the Knicks in 2014, what championship organization will have cap room the next 2 seasons besides Mavs for Free Agents????

Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Pacers, and Nets are all tied up

The top free agents have no choice unless they keep demanding trades every single year

Why do y'all think Bynum and Howard have Mavs on their list?

:facepalm:

ignorance must be bliss....

one more time for the short bus people

THE LAKERS AS OF NOW WILL ONLY HAVE NASH UNDER CONTRACT

As for Dallas being a top destination... name one perennial all star in their prime that EVER signed there

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 11:02 AM

ignorance must be bliss....

one more time for the short bus people

THE LAKERS AS OF NOW WILL ONLY HAVE NASH UNDER CONTRACT

As for Dallas being a top destination... name one perennial all star in their prime that EVER signed there

Lakers will have Bynum or Howard as a Max player

That's $30 mil (Bynum/Howard & Nash)

They can only offer one Max player, there are so many good free agents that are stars in 2014

Lakers can only sign one, I think we will be fine

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Which is exactly what happened with Houston. The owner refused to accept a rebuild after their star stopped playing and they floundered at the 14th pick area for three straight years. Just cause you have a dedicated owner willing to spend doesn't ensure you will be competitive. They have to be willing to accept that sometimes you have to lose short term to win long term

The Mavs have been reloading for 12 years and have made the playoffs every year!!!!

The team that won the championship was a reloaded team

The Rockets can't even make the playoffs

The Mavericks are the kings of Reloading (They do it every single year) and will never rebuild under the Mark Cuban era

LTBaByyy
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
The only consistent Mavs have been Dirk and Terry for the past 8 years

Besides those 2, the roster has been scrambled and reloaded every single year. Don't see the big deal this year especially when they are solid players and we won a championship already

The Mavs will always be underdogs until we get an athletic star that makes dunks and flashy plays

No one takes us serious because our Superstar is and has always been a shooter

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Lakers will have Bynum or Howard as a Max player

That's $30 mil (Bynum/Howard & Nash)

They can only offer one Max player, there are so many good free agents that are stars in 2014

Lakers can only sign one, I think we will be fine

sound logic as usual...

i thought you were signing howard or bynum :rolleyes:

that is what you said in an earlier post :facepalm:

I noticed you ignored the other point of my post...

still looking for a perennial all star FA that has signed with the Mavericks?

Keep looking

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aleksandar
08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
still looking for a perennial all star FA that has signed with the Mavericks?

This is what surprised me as well. I mean, they have great reputation, they have been among top teams over a decade, also a rich owner not afraid to spend etc. If someone told me before the season that Deron will choose Nets over Mavs, I would think he's talking crap.

THE MTL
08-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I dnt know if dirk can be kept out the playoffs. However it will def be a dogfight for the 7th/8th seeds. You have to consider the rising talent of the wolves, jazz, and blazers.

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 04:09 PM

So you're saying they will have a top lottery pick to along with all that cap space next off season? Seems like win/win to me!

A. Either they put together a very good playoff team for this year and will still have a shot at a top free agent (or two). Not to mention Dirk.

or

B. They bottom out and end up with a lottery pick and to pair with a top free agent (or two) and will still have Dirk.

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 04:19 PM
They won't be able to sign both Howard and CP3 even if those two stars wanted to play for the Mavericks. If Howard decided to go to Dallas, it would be Dirk, Dwight and not much flexibility to sign another impact player.

99% of Mavs fans don't think the Mavs will be able to talk Dwight or CP3 however they will have a great shot at signing Bynum. And you may not believe it but Cuban and Donnie Nelson have actually positioned the Mavs to be able to sign two top free agents. So they could make a serious run at Bynum and Josh Smith in addition to resigning their own free agents. So you're looking at a potential starting lineup of...

Bynum
Dirk
Smith
Mayo
Collison

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
99% of Mavs fans don't think the Mavs will be able to talk Dwight or CP3 however they will have a great shot at signing Bynum. And you may not believe it but Cuban and Donnie Nelson have actually positioned the Mavs to be able to sign two top free agents. So they could make a serious run at Bynum and Josh Smith in addition to resigning their own free agents. So you're looking at a potential starting lineup of...

Bynum
Dirk
Smith
Mayo
Collison

There is no way bynum is turning down a MAX YEAR deal... sorry but you are just dreaming and don't really understand what motivates him and especially his idiot agent...

short of a trade there is no way Bynum ends up in Dallas not to mention you wouldn't have the money to sign him and Smith both anyway... as for the rest of your roster

Collison... if he performs he will be offered $6-8 million / year in the open market next year... good luck keeping him and if you do... bye bye cap

Same story with Mayo... he signed in Dallas so he can start and show his wares... if he does well he is an 8 digit per year guy... good luck managing that when the 2014 free agent class hits

What Mavs fans fail to understand are that 1 or 2 year deals are great if you are competing... if you aren't... and players perform it just gets expensive to keep them... if you don't you just start all over again...

LakersMaster24
08-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Dallas is better than last year. Their plan B was pretty amazing. Still not good enough to get past OKC, Lakers, Clippers, Spurs or maybe even Memphis.

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 05:01 PM
There is no way bynum is turning down a MAX YEAR deal... sorry but you are just dreaming and don't really understand what motivates him and especially his idiot agent...

short of a trade there is no way Bynum ends up in Dallas not to mention you wouldn't have the money to sign him and Smith both anyway... as for the rest of your roster

After Dwight is traded to the Lakers Orlando is not going to be able to keep Bynum. Dallas will then sign him as a free agent.

Also you are mistaken, Dallas will have the cap room to sign two top level free agents.

The Mavs have also been able to keep pretty much any free agent that has played for them (that they wanted to keep) since Cuban has owned the team. The only real exception was Chandler taking the long term deal over the Mavs 1 year $20 mil deal that they offered him.

Mr.B
08-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Dallas is better than last year. Their plan B was pretty amazing. Still not good enough to get past OKC, Lakers, Clippers, Spurs or maybe even Memphis.

I would agree they're not better than OKC or the Lakers but they are right there in the mix with the Spurs, Memphis, and the Clippers.

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 05:10 PM
After Dwight is traded to the Lakers Orlando is not going to be able to keep Bynum. Dallas will then sign him as a free agent.

Also you are mistaken, Dallas will have the cap room to sign two top level free agents.

The Mavs have also been able to keep pretty much any free agent that has played for them (that they wanted to keep) since Cuban has owned the team. The only real exception was Chandler taking the long term deal over the Mavs 1 year $20 mil deal that they offered him.

Like i said on Bynum... he won't take a 4 year deal... believe what you want but you are wrong... plus he wants to be the guy somewhere... Dirk is the guy in Dallas

As for signing two top level FA's... not unless you get rid of players

Dirk/Marion/Mayo alone are over $36 million next year... that doesn't even factor in rookies/cap holds/QO/etc... so... wrong again :rolleyes:

as for keeping FA's... who cares... you missed the point... if guys perform it creates cap issues which you gloss over in your "analysis"

Lake_Show2416
08-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Cuban ruined everything when he let the D.O.Y walk, everything else was replaceable

NYKnicksAllDay
08-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Losoway tries too hard, if you are going to troll at least be a good one :laugh:

Take him under your wing and teach him your ways.

Aleksandar
08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Not Dallas, nor anyone else is taking Andrew Buynum. Lakers aren't going to lose a top player as a free agent. Lakers are taking top notch FA's, winning the trades, getting underpaid players, etc.. But they never lose anything valuable.

Only way Buynum leaves LA, is by trade, and a superstar would have to go in.

Mr.B
08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Like i said on Bynum... he won't take a 4 year deal... believe what you want but you are wrong... plus he wants to be the guy somewhere... Dirk is the guy in Dallas

As for signing two top level FA's... not unless you get rid of players

Dirk/Marion/Mayo alone are over $36 million next year... that doesn't even factor in rookies/cap holds/QO/etc... so... wrong again :rolleyes:

as for keeping FA's... who cares... you missed the point... if guys perform it creates cap issues which you gloss over in your "analysis"

Bynum is in his mid 20's Dirk is in his mid 30's. I know you hate the Mavs and want them to fail but even a monkey could do the math and see that Bynum will be in the league longer than Dirk.

Dirk will be on the books no doubt however Mayo will be in an option year. If he has a good year no way he takes the option. Even if the Mavs can't resign him I would still take a front court of Bynum, Dirk, and Smith if it means no Mayo. Marion will also be an expiring contract. Considering the new CBA rules are you suggesting that an expiring contract would not be tradable? Refer to the monkey comment above.

Mr.B
08-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Not Dallas, nor anyone else is taking Andrew Buynum. Lakers aren't going to lose a top player as a free agent. Lakers are taking top notch FA's, winning the trades, getting underpaid players, etc.. But they never lose anything valuable.

Only way Buynum leaves LA, is by trade, and a superstar would have to go in.

Bynum will be traded in a deal for Dwight Howard by the trading deadline. Bynum will then become a free agent next off season and will have to chose between the teams that still have cap room. The Lakers won't need Bynum at that point and the Knicks, Heat, or Nets will be too far over the cap to do any sign and trades. So if you're Bynum would you rather sign with Orlando, Dallas, or the Cavs? In that mix Dallas has a great shot at landing Bynum. Especially considering they could also sign Josh Smith. Bynum, Dirk, and Smith would be a great from court and better than any front court Orlando or Cleveland could put together.

LongWayFromHome
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM

99 bulls

IversonIsKrazy
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Roddy Beaubois 2013 MIP.

DoMeFavors
10-02-2012, 11:21 PM
I honestly dont see them making the playoffs this year, their offseason was that bad.

I feel bad for Dirk and Marion, not Vince though he likes April vacations

ThunderousDemon
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Mark Cuban gambled and lost.

DoMeFavors
10-02-2012, 11:37 PM
It sucks Dirk isnt still younger because Miami did the rebuild and had good ownership like Cuban. After winning a title and then won a title again with an entire new roster. But Oj Mayo and Kaman aint going to do it.

Mr.B
10-03-2012, 12:49 AM

This offseason of Dallas Mavericks in many ways reminds me of their last year's offseason. That is why I believe they will have a disastrous year and disrupt their 12 year playoff appearance stretch.

Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Cardinal
Marion/Butler/Stojakovic
Stevenson/Terry/Beaubois
Kidd/Barea

Won a championship as a crown of their long stretch of monster seasons and constantly being one of the top teams in the league. Definitely a deserved one, I was very happy for them.

After that, they are taking a path of stepping back for a year, with hopes of a bright future. They give up on Tyson Chandler, a pillar of their championship campaign. He blossoms and becomes arguably the best center(the most valuable center) in the league(due to his elite defense and Howard injury, Bynum off court issues and maturity etc.)

They also give up on some important role players, who individually didn't seem to be that influential, but again, they won a championship. Caron Butler, DeShawn Stevenson, JJBarea.

Temporary patches they made actually looked good on paper, their fans could even hope for a repeat. But when the season got under way:

Lamar Odom: What a disaster. After being a key cog in the Lakers machine, he completely lost himself, even managed to get himself demoted to D-League. He gave away impression of a strong personality, I could never guess he would be dominated by a Kardashian.

Vince Carter: Did they really think he can be a decent patch to keep their team running?

Delonte West: A young player to refresh their aging team? Along with some injury problems, he just wasn't that good.

Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Odom/Wright
Marion
Carter/West/Terry
Kidd/Beaubois

Final result: They thought they are taking a small stepback, in order to keep flexibility for the future. Wrong, it was a massive stepback. They barely got into playoffs, and got swept in the first round.

So, we're coming to this year. Gave up on some more cornerstones of their team, due to them aging, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry.

They believe they patched the holes rather well, while keeping the flexibility for the future.

Chris Kaman: A washed up center, he has had his last good season back in 09/10. Likely to be injured, or just plain bad. Definitely not worth 8mil.

OJ Mayo: He has a lot of talent, but he's a chucker. He wasn't good enough for Memphis to keep him, not even for petty 4mil per year. Don't you think Memphis would trade him during the season, if he had any value? They didn't even manage to SnT him. There was a word Boston was interested, but they went after Courtney Lee instead. This is because Courtney Lee is a way better player overall. OJ Mayo is a good fit for a losing team like Charlotte, to score 20+ ppg. But he will only hurt a team that wants to win games. Again, he may be talented as hell, but in no way he can replace Terry's experience, winning mentality and overall contribution to the team.

Darren Collison: Like Delonte West, he's simply not good enough for Dallas' ambitions. After showing some potential in New Orleans rookie season, Indiana tried him as their PG of the future. The experiment failed. Again, there is no way Collison can replace Kidd's knowledge, experience and overall contribution to the team.

Elton Brand: He may end up as a best Mavs' acquisition. Absolutely a steal at 2mil. He was a big reason Philly got a reputation of an elite defensive team. He'll probably end up being a starting center. A bit aged, but still has some gas in the tank.

Some of the second round picks may prove to be useful, like Crowder or Dahntay Jones, but not a playoff material.

This year team:

Kaman/Brand
Nowitzki/Wright
Marion/DJones/Crowder
OJMayo/West/Carter

Conclusion: The scenario I predict here is, just like last year, they think they patched the holes nicely, but in reality, they take another massive stepback, and fall out of the playoffs. If West wasn't stacked as it is, Dirk may have been able to push them, but with so many teams on the rise, it will be a tough challenge.

Regarding the future flexibility they nurture, I'm starting to doubt they can actually sign a star in free agency. Deron Williams had a choice this year, and he chose the Nets over Mavericks. Even after he knew there won't be Dwight Howard. I mean, Nets over Mavs? So what can Mavs hope for in the future? Dwight never really mentioned them as his preferred destination.

And let's not forget it's not that easy to sign a star by free agency anymore. Teams will trade their stars before the contract expires. Cleveland risked on LeBron and it backfired on them, same might happen to Orlando, and New Orleans didn't let it happen to them.

And with Dirk aging, and their reputation declining, how much time do they have?

To end my story, I will say that people love being witnesses of great things. And as much they enjoy the rise of the OKC from nothingness to the roofs of the basketball world, they will equally enjoy the fall of a giant like Dallas Mavericks.

As a Mavs fan I actually agree. This team may actually miss the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised. I do think however that they will squeeze in and then get bounced in the 1st round.

It's obvious that the team is transitioning to the post Dirk era. They need young talent and this is the best way to go about it. If they do miss the playoffs they will end up with a lottery pick and a ton of cap space to sign whoever they want (talking that person into signing is a different story). Also if Collison and Mayo have big years the Mavs would also have 1st shot at resigning them.

Looking back was no resigning Chandler a mistake? Hell yea it was! But me and all of you reading this knows that there was no way that same Mavs team (even with Chandler) was going to beat OKC (again) or the Heat (again). They had to rebuild.

MetroMan
10-03-2012, 01:42 AM
dirk will forever regret staying with the mavs. 1 chip is not enough.

STL Don
10-03-2012, 01:44 AM
They should still earn a mid-late seed in the West.
As long as Dirk is surrounded with mediocre+ talent, they'll be good.
I believe Mayo, along with others has the chance to finally play to his potential and that could certainly happen in Dallas.. we'll see how it all plays out though.

AnthonyTyrael
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
We'll be fine, don't worry and show no mercy in combat. ;-)

Problem is when Dirk retires, you can't argue about that unless you're blind in basketball terms and denying how it went so far. It'll continue, anything else is just dreaming with no base. We won't get any superior FA next year, the year after and especially not after Dirk retires in 3-4 season from now. We might and can get decent ones (players, FAs) though, as mentioned before. Talking 'bout Smith etc. maybe something surprising happens but I just can't see it.

Dallas isn't a magnet to star players. Hope we can (trans)form our own talents into at least better NBA players plus there's hope that those veteran players we just got will prove something if they're healthy, so I'm fine right now. Players like Mayo, Roddy and Collison should be pissed how their career went so far so better play with guts guys.

We were on Howards list but he'll never leave the Lakers again imo unless he's dumb...we'll there's a point on that as he used to show over the past two years. He's gotta to improve too but he will.

Deron was about to sign here...until they traded for ****ing Joe Johnson with and gave him such a contract. I don't think Derons choice was smart long-sighted but well, he'll be fine too and I'm not that sure if he'd be the right choice for Dallas either.

I don't care about Bynum one bit... he's a freaky monster who might show his full force this upcoming season for the first time but he is also a threat for your own franchise on and off court. This won't change. Maybe when he's above age 30.

AnthonyTyrael
10-03-2012, 06:25 AM
And sure, many teams improved.

Dallas.... last year, Dirk was outta shape. Kidd was injured and old, Terry was injured and outta shape at some point just like many others and it matters more to an overage team... Lamar desaster and distraction... and so on. RC really coached damn poor in many games too. I don't see anyone talking about that anymore. Why not?

Sure other teams had troubles too and also playe the shortened season ;-) understandable but except for Portland & Timberwolves, both with their neverending injury misfortune, you can clearly state that we had one of the worst basis (coming from a championships season with almost no resignings) to face the WEST competitors as well as the whole NBA.

We still made it into the playoffs and this year, it's all at point zero again.

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:21 PM
99 bulls

Yep but if you are saying a team that kept it's best player it would be either the 2007 Heat or 2012 Mavs.

Vinylman
10-06-2012, 12:32 PM
old thread no need to rehash

Vinylman
10-06-2012, 12:32 PM
they had a sharp dropoff after their championship year, but I can't fault Cuban for not breaking the bank to keep that team intact, when it overachieved. That being said, the Mavs are simply missing on the lofty FA's they are setting their sights on, so it appears they are losers this offseason, and patching together a roster that should still make the playoffs, but will be beat up round 1 most likely. The other part of it, is that they are wasting Dirk's last good years right now.

someone gets it

Vinylman
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
As a Mavs fan I actually agree. This team may actually miss the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised. I do think however that they will squeeze in and then get bounced in the 1st round.

It's obvious that the team is transitioning to the post Dirk era. They need young talent and this is the best way to go about it. If they do miss the playoffs they will end up with a lottery pick and a ton of cap space to sign whoever they want (talking that person into signing is a different story). Also if Collison and Mayo have big years the Mavs would also have 1st shot at resigning them.

Looking back was no resigning Chandler a mistake? Hell yea it was! But me and all of you reading this knows that there was no way that same Mavs team (even with Chandler) was going to beat OKC (again) or the Heat (again). They had to rebuild.

good to see reality is sinking in for you after all your trash talking in this thread in August...

Is that you Mark Cuban?

2-ONE-5
10-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Cardinal
Marion/Butler/Stojakovic
Stevenson/Terry/Beaubois
Kidd/Barea

Haywood/Mahinmi
Nowitzki/Odom/Wright
Marion
Carter/West/Terry
Kidd/Beaubois

This year team:

Kaman/Brand
Nowitzki/Wright
Marion/DJones/Crowder
OJMayo/West/Carter

Bold=wrong.

Mavs are playoff team. Dirk will be in the running for MVP

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Bold=wrong.

Mavs are playoff team. Dirk will be in the running for MVP

You think Dirk is still going to be a top MVP candidate? I guess it is possible, just don't see it.

2-ONE-5
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
yes. i think he will a top 5-6 vote getter.

futureman
10-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I was saying this 3 months ago. But nobody was listening to me.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
yes. i think he will a top 5-6 vote getter.

I was thinking more of actually winning the award.

DoMeFavors
10-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Mavs wont make the playoffs, dont have a good enough team

2-ONE-5
10-08-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL classic ^

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Mavs wont make the playoffs, dont have a good enough team

How so?

Spurred1
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
DMF thinks the Suns will make it to the playoffs. Not sure how that'll happen. Considering his opinions on all things basketball, it's pointless to debate or apply logic when it comes to him.
Dallas will have their issues, no doubt. I'm curious to see how the new players will blend in-regardless, Miami or Lakers will probably be carrying the trophy home this summer.

jmoney85
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
mavs wont make the playoffs

OKC
LAL
LAC
SA
DEN
JAZZ
MEM
MINN

will all be better than dallas

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:02 PM
mavs wont make the playoffs

OKC
LAL
LAC
SA
DEN
JAZZ
MEM
MINN

will all be better than dallas

You are crazy. How are the last 4 teams on your list better?

2-ONE-5
10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
^Denver is better. the next 3 i dont think are better then Dallas. could easily argue the Grizz too, but Minn and Utah, no not yet

jmoney85
10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
dallas has a make shift team all thrown together this offseason... those other teams have core young players that are getting better every year

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
^Denver is better. the next 3 i dont think are better then Dallas. could easily argue the Grizz too, but Minn and Utah, no not yet

In what world is Denver better?

2-ONE-5
10-09-2012, 11:44 AM
there is no way Dallas can keep up with Denver for 48 minutes. Denver is really good, top 4 good.

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
there is no way Dallas can keep up with Denver for 48 minutes. Denver is really good, top 4 good.

Ever heard of half court?

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I also am not high on Dallas. I think they will fight with for a 7-8 seed.

AddiX
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Mayo could have 3 awful years in Dallas and psd will still be talking about When is mayo going to get a shot on a better team suited for him.

The love fest for mayo on this forum is unexplainable at this Point.

2-ONE-5
10-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Ever heard of half court?

i have and who on Dallas is gonna slow down the game? Not Collison. Dallas doesnt mathcup with Denver at all and Denver is waaay deeper

lilojmayo
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Mavs look terrible so far. We know what Dirk can do, but he going to need a 2nd guy.

OJ Mayo is the only one talented enough on the roster to become that 2nd option, but he seems to have forgotten how to hoop good, since last years collaspe.

Dallas is in trouble.

Aleksandar
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, Kaman was good in the first two games. It's preseason, but still.. Maybe he earns his 8 mil after all. And centers are overpaid anyway..

Mr.B
10-10-2012, 01:16 AM
dallas has a make shift team all thrown together this offseason... those other teams have core young players that are getting better every year

I agree, and I'm a Mavs fan. I think they're good enough to get an 8th seed but more than likely they will just miss out and end up a lottery team. I would actually prefer that they miss the playoffs. Can't hurt to add a lottery pick to the 3 rookies they drafted this year (all look promising), Dirk, and all the cap space.

Vampirate
10-10-2012, 01:23 AM
RIP Dallas Maverics, we'll miss you (even though you're players are still alive)

The title sounds like the team passed on.

OaklandsFinest
10-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Maybe they bottom out for a year and end up in the lottery and get Randle or Muhammed, then they're back in the playoffs with that back court. Brand and Kaman can do the same things Dampier did all those years..

Aleksandar
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Bumping an old thread, but I probably need to apologize for misjudging OJ Mayo. His stats are impressive so far! I still have a bad feeling about that guy though, I just feel that despite his good performances, he hurts his team somehow, in some way..

I'm intrigued to see how this team does once Nowitzki is back.

LakersIn5
11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
sig

RaiderLakersA's
11-26-2012, 12:15 PM
For some reason I still see the Mavs making the playoffs this year. But I don't see them making a deep run for the next few years. I don't see them winning a title again. At least not in my lifetime.

heyman321
11-26-2012, 12:16 PM
For some reason I still see the Mavs making the playoffs this year. But I don't see them making a deep run for the next few years. I don't see them winning a title again. At least not in my lifetime.

Are you 94 and on your last days?

lilojmayo
11-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Bumping an old thread, but I probably need to apologize for misjudging OJ Mayo. His stats are impressive so far! I still have a bad feeling about that guy though, I just feel that despite his good performances, he hurts his team somehow, in some way..

Your not the only one. OJ Mayo is a beast. And nah he isn't the problem, he is their bright spot.

The problem is the time simply isn't very good because they have a lot of weaknesses. They can't defend, their interior players can't rebound, and their Point guard play is very subpar.

When Dirk comes back him and OJ should be enough to get Dallas into the playoffs then we can see what happens.

OJ just needs try his best to keep Dallas afloat for 3 more weeks

Gram
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
The Dallas Mavericks.

THE MTL
11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Mavericks are a 7-8th seed playoff team in the West but I wouldnt be surprised if they missed it........they got strong competition from Portland, Wolves, and Jazz.

JasonJohnHorn
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
It's funny to take a look at this in hindsight... I realize we only have a small sample size so far, but Dallas has played very well considering that Dirk hasn't yet played a game and is the team's best player. The fact they are hovering at .500 without Dirk illustrates that Dallas has done a pretty good job this offseason considering they didn't get what they wanted.

Alayla
11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Mayo could have 3 awful years in Dallas and psd will still be talking about When is mayo going to get a shot on a better team suited for him.

The love fest for mayo on this forum is unexplainable at this Point.

have you seen mayo play this year?

Alayla
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Well thats totally irrational. Just because Mayo didn't fit in with Memphis doesn't mean he is a bad basketball player.

Aleksandar
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Well thats totally irrational. Just because Mayo didn't fit in with Memphis doesn't mean he is a bad basketball player.

I know it's not rational. I just feel that way.

He's proving me wrong big way though..

JayW_1023
11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
They'll be fine once they get Dirka Dirka back.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 04:53 PM
They need to give Vince Carter more minutes.

Ebbs
11-27-2012, 05:25 PM
They need to give Vince Carter more minutes.

We should be running:

Collison - Mayo - Carter - Marion - Kaman when it's crunch time.

But Carter seems to come in at random spurts and is asked to carry the offense

gatkins11
11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
It's funny to take a look at this in hindsight... I realize we only have a small sample size so far, but Dallas has played very well considering that Dirk hasn't yet played a game and is the team's best player. The fact they are hovering at .500 without Dirk illustrates that Dallas has done a pretty good job this offseason considering they didn't get what they wanted.

Yep.

Skizzik
11-27-2012, 11:24 PM
I love all the posts that mention Caron Butler like he did anything for our championship run. The guy was injured down the stretch and through the entire playoffs. He literally had no impact on us winning a championship. Stevenson and Barea were both replaceable. Chandler was the only piece it hurt losing, but even then, so what if we re-sign Chandler...does anyone seriously think we win the 2012 championship in the lockout shortened season? Seriously?

Retooling was the right move. People just think because we didn't land D-Will that it makes the rebuilding unsuccessful. The team was getting old, locking in a bunch of players to a quickly declining roster would have been stupid. Cuban would have been eaten alive this past off-season if we had failed to win a championship and then didn't have money available for D-Will. No matter what Cuban did, people would attack him because people don't like his outspoken attitude.

Guppyfighter
11-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I love all the posts that mention Caron Butler like he did anything for our championship run. The guy was injured down the stretch and through the entire playoffs. He literally had no impact on us winning a championship. Stevenson and Barea were both replaceable. Chandler was the only piece it hurt losing, but even then, so what if we re-sign Chandler...does anyone seriously think we win the 2012 championship in the lockout shortened season? Seriously?

Retooling was the right move. People just think because we didn't land D-Will that it makes the rebuilding unsuccessful. The team was getting old, locking in a bunch of players to a quickly declining roster would have been stupid. Cuban would have been eaten alive this past off-season if we had failed to win a championship and then didn't have money available for D-Will. No matter what Cuban did, people would attack him because people don't like his outspoken attitude.

I like Cuban because is a bad mother****er.

"balance bracelets? **** that ****."

Dope as ****.

Mr_Amaziing
11-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure if anybody remembers but Okc haves Dallas 1st round pick.. Soo I'm actually rooting for them to lose :)

Skizzik
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I like Cuban because is a bad mother****er.

"balance bracelets? **** that ****."

Dope as ****.

Sadly that puts you in the minority. As a Mavs fan, I can say there's no one I would rather have as the owner of my team. I know firsthand the impact he has made on not only our franchise, but the fan experience as a whole.

Guppyfighter
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
And that's a god damned shame. Every league needs a Cuban, or a prime Al Davis. Easily the best types of owners.

LongWayFromHome
11-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Sadly that puts you in the minority. As a Mavs fan, I can say there's no one I would rather have as the owner of my team. I know firsthand the impact he has made on not only our franchise, but the fan experience as a whole.

I think he was saying that he really likes Cuban.

Skizzik
11-28-2012, 02:22 AM
I think he was saying that he really likes Cuban.

I'm aware, which is why I said he's in the minority, like myself, of people who like Cuban.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-28-2012, 03:00 AM
I'm not sure if anybody remembers but Okc haves Dallas 1st round pick.. Soo I'm actually rooting for them to lose :)

Its top 20 protected...

King41
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM
cuban is so damn good love him best owner, he will handle the situation and when nobody minds dallas will be back on track