PDA

View Full Version : Why the Mavs got better. not worse

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Truth be told I dislike the Mavs and Cuban but truth be told they are not what people are naming the Mavs as one of the biggest loosers this offseason.

Yes they didn't get Deron. Yes they lost Kidd, Terry, etc...

But this team just got better.

OJ Mayo is a younger more energetic version of Terry
Kaman is a cheaper version of Tyson which they lost two years ago
Brand well he will back up Dirk or play with Dirk to provide a nice shooting rebounding combo
Darren Collison is exactly the kind of player needed, a guy who can dish but also score unlike Kidd who obviously allowed teams to double team Dirk
Dahntay Jones

Right now you are looking a lineup similar to this

Collison / Roddy / Cunningham
Mayo / West / Jones
Marion / Carter / Jones
Dirk / Brand / Wright
Kaman / Brand/ ??FA

I personally like what they have done.:clap: Not saying they will win the championship but all these guys were given short term contracts to see how things go.. and that's the way to do it.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-03-2012, 03:20 AM
And?

NYKnicksAllDay
08-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I wonder how long it will take LTBaaabbbbbyyyyyyyyy or whatever his name is to come in and say how much better the Mavs are than the Nets and take other shots at them.

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 03:23 AM
I wonder how long it will take LTBaaabbbbbyyyyyyyyy or whatever his name is to come in and say how much better the Mavs are than the Nets and take other shots at them.
I don't get it! I am a Nets fan. I am talking about another team which I dislike A LOT. Getting better. I give credit where it's due. And people bash.

NYKnicksAllDay
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I don't get it! I am a Nets fan. I am talking about another team which I dislike A LOT. Getting better. I give credit where it's due. And people bash.

I don't get it either honestly.

PacersForLife
08-03-2012, 03:27 AM
I'm sorry, but to be honest, Mavs fans are probably gonna be disappointed in what they get with Darren Collison. I do like what they've done though. They missed out on big names and yet they filled out the roster quite nicley with what was left. Mavs fans will also probably start to cringe by the midde of the season when Dahntay Jones gets the ball as well.

Of course both of those guys aren't horrible, Collison has a lot of heart and I loved the guy's personality. Jones is a solid guy to have on your bench cheering your team on.

Bulls_fan90
08-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I agree with most points, but not with Kaman/Chandler. Chandler is a defensive beast and was a major key to their championship. Kaman has more offense but you can't compare the two players defensively. Tyson is also the much better player.

b@llhog24
08-03-2012, 03:52 AM
I agree with most of your points, except Kaman. He sucks monkey balls.

JayW_1023
08-03-2012, 04:12 AM
I like how they responded to last seasons disappointment, they added some nice pieces. They do need a defensive minded big to become serious.

WickedBadMan
08-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Meh, would have rather tanked with the very bad team they did have than put together a first round playoff exit squad.

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Meh, would have rather tanked with the very bad team they did have than put together a first round playoff exit squad.
and have Dirk age one more year? You just know Cuban will never tank

Dirkie
08-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Respect. I don't get the hate with Nets and Mavs fans,its just basketball,you can disslike the club but you can give credit if they did a good move. LTBabbyy is trolling just like DoMeFavors and i think it's just plain ********

dee279
08-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Who cares about if you think the mavs got better r not? Who cares bout the Nets either. Miami Baby!!! Anyways dallas is better then last year but they r still not contenders. They just better hope Orlando doesnt trade Dwight because they probably have a chance for him after this season. Until then, Dallas can hang up those championship hopes lile the did last season.

Two-3
08-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Cuban allow a tank season? Never.

DitchDat
08-03-2012, 06:19 AM
I like what they did. If anything they acquired nice young backcourt players. Kaman and Brand could be nice or could be disappointing. Health is a big issue for them.

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Respect. I don't get the hate with Nets and Mavs fans,its just basketball,you can disslike the club but you can give credit if they did a good move. LTBabbyy is trolling just like DoMeFavors and i think it's just plain ********
All you need is respect. It doesn't take away from the rivalry between fans or players

sacto'srealist
08-03-2012, 07:31 AM
they made smart pick ups cant lie. haha

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I would say with these moves Mavs have put themselves in a position to land D12 in the summer if he gets traded anywhere other than LA or BK

StarvingKnick22
08-03-2012, 07:45 AM
true.

Jint.
08-03-2012, 07:56 AM
yes.. Mavs got better

Ebbs
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
It's not ideal but it was an excellent rebound effort after losing Deron. And the Mayo signing was nice

slugger82685
08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
As a Mavs fan here, I am not one to troll or anything. I think I speak for a lot of Mavs fans in saying that yes, not getting Dwill hurt, but we made some solid moves to full out the roster and still have a ton of cap room next offseason. The product we will put on the court this season is MUCH better than the one last season while getting younger which was a must for us. I think a big point you are overlooking is our rookies, im sure a lot of you dont really know who they are, but they definitely made their presence known in the summer league. They showed great athleticism which is somewhat of a rarity for this team and they all seemed to have a defensive mind which pays right into Carlisle's strategies.....so as a Mavs fan, I would not call this a bad offseason by a long shot, quite a good one in fact.

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
The reason why I go for having a good if not better season than last year rather than tank is because its a win-win in the future. As it stands, more than half of the Mavs are below 24 with one/two years left in their contracts. This is the time for them to prove us that they are worth the long term contract. If they actually light it up, it will entice D12 even more to come to Dallas as he can see the young potential from Mayo/Collison/Roddy could help him win a championship along with Dirk. Btw Cuban would NEVER let Dirk waste a year of his life.

Losoway
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
the mavs got Way worst . nice troll attempt

King41
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
The reason why I go for having a good if not better season than last year rather than tank is because its a win-win in the future. As it stands, more than half of the Mavs are below 24 with one/two years left in their contracts. This is the time for them to prove us that they are worth the long term contract. If they actually light it up, it will entice D12 even more to come to Dallas as he can see the young potential from Mayo/Collison/Roddy could help him win a championship along with Dirk. Btw Cuban would NEVER let Dirk waste a year of his life.

last year? without this you're right cuban is a g

ElChinoLatino
08-03-2012, 03:03 PM
last year? without this you're right cuban is a g

Last year was an off year for everyone. Dirk was still hungover from the Finals.

N.Y. Fanatic
08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Prediction: Mavs 3 seed in the west

Vinylman
08-03-2012, 03:14 PM

talk about trolling :clap:

EDUTEXANS
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I agree with this. I actually think they got better, more flexible and younger. Kaman, Collison, Brand and Mayo were all great additions. Kidd and Terry are way past their prime, and even though Terry is still a good player and will help the Celtics a lot, Mayo is a improvement over him.

slugger82685
08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
the mavs got Way worst . nice troll attempt

why dont u do some actual research before posting this

King41
08-03-2012, 04:22 PM
all haters...

KingPosey
08-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I like how they responded to last seasons disappointment, they added some nice pieces. They do need a defensive minded big to become serious.

Elton Brand. Or do you mean ANOTHER one?

futureman
08-03-2012, 06:52 PM
They got much worse. They signed Brand and Kaman the 2007 LA clippers.

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 07:00 PM
They really got better.

OJ Mayo chokes on big games open or not just want it to let Mavs fan know.

--23--
08-03-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm predicting a 3-5 seed for the Mavs

Mr.B
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Who cares about if you think the mavs got better r not? Who cares bout the Nets either. Miami Baby!!! Anyways dallas is better then last year but they r still not contenders. They just better hope Orlando doesnt trade Dwight because they probably have a chance for him after this season. Until then, Dallas can hang up those championship hopes lile the did last season.

As a Mavs fan I have to agree that the Mavs are better however will have a major uphill climb to get close to the Western Conference Finals (much less the NBA Finals). Although to be fair that is exactly what EVERYONE (except Mavs fans) thought about them the year they won the title.

All of the Mavs fans in this forum will also acknowledge that I actually hope that Dwight is traded to the Lakers (which is the only team that has a legit shot at trading for him). If Dwight is traded to the Lakers that means that the Mavs will have a shot at signing Bynum once he's a free agent. Bynum is the guy I think the Mavs are really after. I also think they will sign Josh Smith. A starting lineup of:

Collison (resigned)
Mayo (resigned)
Smith
Dirk
Bynum

Can compete with any team in the NBA.

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Darren Collision isnt that good. He had that great stretch in NO when Paul was out but was a huge disappointment in Indiana. I wouldn't put him at top 20 PG in this league.

Btw, Mavs know how much Tyson Chandler changed that culture. Brand + Kaman cannot come anywhere close to what Chandler did for the Mavs and everyone knows that

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
They blew up a championship roster for Kaman, Brand, Collision, and Mayo. The best player of the bunch (OJ Mayo) isnt even a starter for the Grizzlies.

Mr.B
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Darren Collision isnt that good. He had that great stretch in NO when Paul was out but was a huge disappointment in Indiana. I wouldn't put him at top 20 PG in this league.

Btw, Mavs know how much Tyson Chandler changed that culture. Brand + Kaman cannot come anywhere close to what Chandler did for the Mavs and everyone knows that

There is no doubt Tyson changed the culture in the locker room. Dude is a beast on defense! As good as Tyson is on defense though he can't hold Kaman's jock when it comes to the offensive end.

As for Collsion... what is going to help him is the fact that the Mavs run a ton of pick & roll. The Pacers run an iso based offense which does not fit Collison's strengths. He's a pick & roll guard and shoudl thrive in the Mavs offense like he did in New Orleans.

Mr.B
08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
They blew up a championship roster for Kaman, Brand, Collision, and Mayo. The best player of the bunch (OJ Mayo) isnt even a starter for the Grizzlies.

Not to mention Barea, Stevenson, or Terry are not starting for their new teams either. And as I just stated... Chandler is a beast on defense but he can't hold Kaman's jock when it comes to the offensive end of the floor.

Kyben36
08-03-2012, 11:01 PM
I really liked their offsason, they quetly made improvements, aside from Brand, but thats an upgrade over nothing, but Kaman is a quality C, OJ is a tallented scorer, and I think that Colison was misused as hell in INdiana

keetyweedy
08-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Says the fan who's team just signed fat felton & grandpa Kidd, collinson actually had a better yr his first yr w/ Indiana than his rookie yr in NO,

And as far as chandler goes he is not worth $60 mil/4yr but we have no problem with y'all paying that ridiculous amount for the DPOY who didn't even make the first all defensive team:facepalm:

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Says the fan who's team just signed fat felton & grandpa Kidd, collinson actually had a better yr his first yr w/ Indiana than his rookie yr in NO,

And as far as chandler goes he is not worth $60 mil/4yr but we have no problem with y'all paying that ridiculous amount for the DPOY who didn't even make the first all defensive team:facepalm:

Collision might have done better in his rookie year....thats because he spent half the season as Paul's waterboy. It was the 18ppg 9apg stretch that made him famous and he hasnt come close to that in Indy. And wont do it in Dallas either.

Btw, Jason Kidd is OUR backup PG. Do the Mav even have a backup PG???? Oh Delonte West. Yeah, im taking Kidd all day over him.

In regards to Tyson Chandler, I find it ridiculous how you mocked him for making DPOY. So I guess u value All-Defensive 1st team over Defensive Player of the Year.....Do u even listen to yourself?

Felton lost all that weight btw. Try reading some articles. texas boy.

THE MTL
08-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Not to mention Barea, Stevenson, or Terry are not starting for their new teams either. And as I just stated... Chandler is a beast on defense but he can't hold Kaman's jock when it comes to the offensive end of the floor.

Tyson Chandler 11.3ppg on 68% FG while Kaman 13.1ppg on 44% FG? I'm just pointing it out. But I do consider the shots that each player is taking. Therefore okay, Kaman does have better offense but he CANNOT significantly affect an NBA game because of his offense. Tyson Chandler can DOMINATE a game with his defense and he won a championship because of it.

You cannot argue Kaman against Chandler. I've seen what he's done for the Knicks in a single season just like he did it for your Mavericks too. Stop trying to defend your team's moves and accept that u messed up.

Knicks mess up all the time. I have no problems admitting that.

StinkEye
08-04-2012, 12:04 AM
The problem is that they're no better than they were in their championship year.

LongWayFromHome
08-04-2012, 12:25 AM
The problem is that they're no better than they were in their championship year.

umm. First of all they are probably not nearly as good as they were their championship year.

Secondly are you saying that if they are as good as they were their championship year that it is a fail?

Why do people not understand the new CBA, luxury tax, and limitations on tax teams beginning next year?

Teams like Lakers, Nets, Knicks will not be able to improve their rosters starting next season.

keetyweedy
08-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Collision might have done better in his rookie year....thats because he spent half the season as Paul's waterboy. It was the 18ppg 9apg stretch that made him famous and he hasnt come close to that in Indy. And wont do it in Dallas either.

Btw, Jason Kidd is OUR backup PG. Do the Mav even have a backup PG???? Oh Delonte West. Yeah, im taking Kidd all day over him.

In regards to Tyson Chandler, I find it ridiculous how you mocked him for making DPOY. So I guess u value All-Defensive 1st team over Defensive Player of the Year.....Do u even listen to yourself?

Felton lost all that weight btw. Try reading some articles. texas boy.

Or could it be because he flourished in NO's pick n roll offense rather than Indy's majority Iso's? but guess who else run's the pick n roll offense?? :rolleyes: and as far as that cp3 waterboy remark really doesnt make sense seeing that he was a ROOKIE that yr & close 90% of the Nba's pg's would be cp3's backup starter or not....

and as far as grandpa kidd goes as your backup...lets just say you better hope FAT felton can last more than 35 mpg because father time doesn't have that much left in the tank:laugh2:

last but not least Tyson chandler, I didnt mock him for making DPOY i mocked him for being DPOY but not making the all-defensive team, thats like being the MVP but not making the all-star game it doesnt make sense...everybody knows LBJ & Ibaka both had a waaaayyy better defensive yr than chandler, but thats another story for another day, still not worth 4yr/$60mil tho & he kind of screwed it up for Dolan to resign his breadwinner Linn...its crazy how just 3 yrs ago he failed a physical which stopped him from getting sent to OKC, nxt thing ya know cuban gave him a opportunity to get a ring and now all of a sudden he's DPOY...lol aint that somethin

THE MTL
08-04-2012, 12:36 AM
umm. First of all they are probably not nearly as good as they were their championship year.

Secondly are you saying that if they are as good as they were their championship year that it is a fail?

Why do people not understand the new CBA, luxury tax, and limitations on tax teams beginning next year?

Teams like Lakers, Nets, Knicks will not be able to improve their rosters starting next season.

tax payers min level and vet min all day every day for those teams.
Btw, stop using that whole flexibility excuse. Mavs werent NOT thinking about flexibility back when they were trying to sign Deron for the MAX to play along Dirk. SO you were more than willing to invest 40 million dollars per year (2/3 your cap) for 2 players. And then u wanted try to sign Howard too (thats like 60 mil for 3 guys).

Btw, I'd consider it a fail because the Mavericks had a good chance of repeating the title if they kept that team together. I would DEF bet money they would have made the WCF again. As of now, I dont see them getting back to that point in the Dirk era :/

I dont know why Mavs fans are so stubborn. Just admit the mistake.

keetyweedy
08-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Tyson Chandler 11.3ppg on 68% FG while Kaman 13.1ppg on 44% FG? I'm just pointing it out. But I do consider the shots that each player is taking. Therefore okay, Kaman does have better offense but he CANNOT significantly affect an NBA game because of his offense. Tyson Chandler can DOMINATE a game with his defense and he won a championship because of it.

You cannot argue Kaman against Chandler. I've seen what he's done for the Knicks in a single season just like he did it for your Mavericks too. Stop trying to defend your team's moves and accept that u messed up.

Knicks mess up all the time. I have no problems admitting that.

he can not DOMINATE a game w/ his Defense, he can make a difference but not DOMINATE...We won a championship because we run zone defense smh & as far as you seeing what he has done in a single season of course he's gonna look like dwight howard reincarnated when he plays on a team who probably has a total of 2-3 players on the roster who actually play defense.....if he so dominate where the hell was all this dominance in Chicago & NO?

mdm692
08-04-2012, 01:00 AM
They got much better yet they will be fighting with the Suns, Nuggets, Jazz, T-wolves and Warriors for the last 2 or 3 playoff spots.

THE MTL
08-04-2012, 01:03 AM
he can not DOMINATE a game w/ his Defense, he can make a difference but not DOMINATE...We won a championship because we run zone defense smh & as far as you seeing what he has done in a single season of course he's gonna look like dwight howard reincarnated when he plays on a team who probably has a total of 2-3 players on the roster who actually play defense.....if he so dominate where the hell was all this dominance in Chicago & NO?

Some players are late bloomers. He was young in Chi and often injured in NO. Btw, u mock the 2-3 players that play defense on the knicks but we FINISHED top 5 in the NBA in defense category. That shows you how much he helped change our culture. Therefore you proved my point even more.

And ur zone defense is NOTHING without Chandler in the middle. U won the championship with Chandler anchoring ur defense. If u replace Chanlder with ur beloved Kaman, there would have been no championship most likely.

Seriously, ur a mavs fans, you know how BAD you guys were this season. You blew up a championship roster for nothing! Its that simple. Dont give me no excuses about age and flexibility cause its crap. 1. Mavs wanted DWill and DHow so where's the flex? 2. Mavs easily could have tried to repeat with the same guys.

And now you guys look foolish trying to save face with Mayo, Kaman, Brand. Im not saying those guys suck even though they certainly arent good lol. But to say you gave up a championship team for that is SAD.

StephenP
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Btw, I'd consider it a fail because the Mavericks had a good chance of repeating the title if they kept that team together. I would DEF bet money they would have made the WCF again. As of now, I dont see them getting back to that point in the Dirk era :/

Then you are in a very small minority.

A lot of people expected the Mavs to get beat by the Blazers in the first round.
Very few expected them to beat the Lakers in round 2.
Even fewer thought they'd beat the Thunder in WCF.
Almost no one thought they'd beat the Heat in the Finals.

The Mavs made an almost unbelievable run in 2011, but true fans knew our chance of repeating was very small. The best chance we had of getting back any time in the near future was to restructure and not overpay to bring back the team we had.

That's exactly what Cuban did.

keetyweedy
08-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Some players are late bloomers. He was young in Chi and often injured in NO. Btw, u mock the 2-3 players that play defense on the knicks but we FINISHED top 5 in the NBA in defense category. That shows you how much he helped change our culture. Therefore you proved my point even more.

And ur zone defense is NOTHING without Chandler in the middle. U won the championship with Chandler anchoring ur defense. If u replace Chanlder with ur beloved Kaman, there would have been no championship most likely.

Seriously, ur a mavs fans, you know how BAD you guys were this season. You blew up a championship roster for nothing! Its that simple. Dont give me no excuses about age and flexibility cause its crap. 1. Mavs wanted DWill and DHow so where's the flex? 2. Mavs easily could have tried to repeat with the same guys.

And now you guys look foolish trying to save face with Mayo, Kaman, Brand. Im not saying those guys suck even though they certainly arent good lol. But to say you gave up a championship team for that is SAD.

top 5 in Defense? actually 11th in defense(94.7ppg) & 10th in opp FG%(44%)

and our zone defense actually made Chandler because like i said prior to us signing him he was irrelevant & i never said kaman was chandler defensively but offensively kaman will torch him if healthy

& we let players who's stocks rise because of the championship go because we wanted to have the flexibility to go after D-will or any other star type player in the future,i mean lets be serious barrea 4yr/$19mil or even chandler 4yr/$60mil there not worth it & I would think that you would know that but I forgot you guys were the same team that gave Marbury a 5yr/$90mil contract:facepalm:

mdm692
08-04-2012, 01:28 AM

and our zone defense actually made Chandler because like i said prior to us signing him he was irrelevant & i never said kaman was chandler defensively but offensively he will kaman will torch him

actually we let players who stocks just rise go because we wanted to have the flexibility to go after D-will or any other star type player in the future,i mean lets be serious barrea 4yr/$19mil or even chandler 4yr/$60mil there not worth it & I would think that you would know that but I forgot you guys were the same team that gave Marbury a 5yr/$90mil contract:facepalm:

I'm guessing your defense is the reason why he won DPOY last year.

keetyweedy
08-04-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm guessing your defense is the reason why he won DPOY last year.

him not making the first all defensive team but becoming DPOY says alot to me, its obvious LBJ & Ibaka both had far better defensive yrs than chandler but i'll let you be the judge of that, but prior to him coming to dallas where we RUN ZONE DEFENSE where was this defensive dominance that everybody speaks of?

THE MTL
08-04-2012, 12:54 PM

and our zone defense actually made Chandler because like i said prior to us signing him he was irrelevant & i never said kaman was chandler defensively but offensively kaman will torch him if healthy

& we let players who's stocks rise because of the championship go because we wanted to have the flexibility to go after D-will or any other star type player in the future,i mean lets be serious barrea 4yr/$19mil or even chandler 4yr/$60mil there not worth it & I would think that you would know that but I forgot you guys were the same team that gave Marbury a 5yr/$90mil contract:facepalm:

And did you just say Kaman would torch Chandler on offense. Chandler would lock Kaman down. He's locked down Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum all last season. Howard averaged 9.3ppg and Bynum 3ppg against the knicks last season.

Unlike you, I have no problem admitting when the Knicks make mistakes. I'll add Curry, Francis to that list as well.

Btw, there is more to defense than PPG and FG% sherlock. Such as forced turnovers (Knicks led the league), blocks, rebounding, steals etc. And after you factor in everything Knicks were top 5. Go to basketball reference site. Its right there.

hugepatsfan
08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Brand is going to be a good backup for them. Kaman will be a good center, but he isn't a Tyson Chandler-like player as the OP tried to paint him.

Tanakid777
08-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Please understand that this is not an accurate representation of most Mavs fans.

justinnum1
08-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Mavs have a decent chance to get out of the first round, but they will probably face a team like the grizz or clippers so who knows. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see them get knocked out of the first. They arent the only team that have improved over last year.

StinkEye
08-04-2012, 04:05 PM

First, I know they're not as good as their championship team.

Secondly, it's championship or bust, right? Why should anyone care about the Mavs if they're slightly better than last year's ****** team?

What do I care about those teams? Miami is still the big dog out there.

#Shumpert Up
08-04-2012, 06:00 PM
i really think OJ mayo will surprise people. i really believe he has the ability to be a 20 point guy. he put up 18 his rookie year. he hit a little bump his sophmore season and i think the grizzlies were dissapointed in him and they didnt feel he could be a #1 guy and he can't but they were too hard on him leading to his poor play. i mean 14 points the next year and 12 points off the bench are not bad at all. give him those starters minutes in dallas and watch the magic happen. hes not a #1 but he can be a great 1b/2 man

JordansBulls
08-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I do think they got better from last season.

KniCks4LiFe
08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm going to say you got better. But it's not like the way people think. I think they are a better team than they would have been. Mayo is a very good defensive guard and he's like a younger Jason Terry, only time will tell for him, but good upside, but what makes them way better than they would have been before the signings, is adding Chris Kaman w/ OJ Mayo, w/ Dirk & Marion w/ Brand coming off the bench. They have something to combat vs an OKC who really has no post option and was exposed by Miami in allowing the perimeter shooters to knock them off. I think the Mavs are a 5-7 team and potential spoilers for someone in the West.

KniCks4LiFe
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
And did you just say Kaman would torch Chandler on offense. Chandler would lock Kaman down. He's locked down Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum all last season. Howard averaged 9.3ppg and Bynum 3ppg against the knicks last season.

Unlike you, I have no problem admitting when the Knicks make mistakes. I'll add Curry, Francis to that list as well.

Btw, there is more to defense than PPG and FG% sherlock. Such as forced turnovers (Knicks led the league), blocks, rebounding, steals etc. And after you factor in everything Knicks were top 5. Go to basketball reference site. Its right there.

He's right. Chandler has made Kaman, uninspired Howard and Bynum his ***** mostly w/ his ball denial and press D.

There's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng list. Not calling Phil Jackson will probably rank up there too b/c I'm just not sold on Woodson.

All of which we lost 6 of our top 10 players in stls and 2 of our top 5 in blks. Adding Kidd and Brewer will work for a bit. Camby needs to stay healthy or we're ****ed.

We need to remember the streak w/ Woodson was at a sell time. That little grace period when you get a new coach and everyone plays inspired to get more PT and not take blame for the losing culture and uninspired play. That's a string of 20 or so games, these Knicks have alot to prove.

To the Mavs fans, I think you were a borderline #8 seed just w/ another yr. of Kidd and Terry, you're now #5-7 w/ cap space in 2013.