PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Homer Thread (3 weaknesses of your team)

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Please try to be rational here and don't turn this into a trolling thread. (Hope it can last 2-3 pages without being closed down)

As the title says, list 3 MAIN potential (or obvious) weaknesses you see with your favorite team this upcoming season. Some of your favorite teams might not even have a legit roster yet with pending moves but for NOW.

Brooklyn Nets:
1. Legit backup Center - (Reggie is pure energy/rebounding, Avery said Mirza might play some center but he isn't proven defensively in Europe)
2. Back up SF (Gerald will play with incredible amounts of energy but we have yet to see who will fill the void when he's on the bench defensively. Joe can slide to SF, and Brooks at SG but that could lead to defensive issues. Toko is unproven)
3. Chemistry issues - (this is a "potential" issue as they haven't played a minute yet but how will the ball be distributed between Lopez/Joe. Will Marshon learn to pass? How will Mirza react from being the #1 leading scorer in Europe to a bench presence?)

Nets fans feel free to add more or elaborate on this.

Looking forward to hearing about other teams. Who's gonna man up and be able to critique their own team?

koetravis
08-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Rockets- Youth, Inexperience, and no 'star'.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Miami Heat
-Hero ball, its awesome to have such amazing players on one team, but at the same time it can be a hinderance. Often times such amazing players feel they can do it all themselves and this is not the case. Yes, once in a while hero ball works but it is a weakness on miami. Play within the system.
-size, pat riley says there is no need for a true center in todays NBA, and who are we to argue with the Don/pimp himself. But miami does lack size. One reason miami doesn;t have size or play bigger guys is a)they dont have enough money to get a decent big and b) miami does not want to play and offensivley challenged/deffensiley challenged player and play 4 on 5. Bosh is a underrated center imo, but it will be interesting if miami faces a team with a lot of size up front, like the jazz or lakers.
-backup playmaker. Outside of lebron and wade miami doesnt really have any back up playmakers.

MintBerryCrunch
08-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Lakers
- Players have tendency to stand around and watch Kobe in crunch time. This is also a flaw in Kobe's game .
- mike brown
- weak bench

X12Celtics3
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Boston Celtics:
-Age (Pierce will be 35, KG will be 36, Terry will be 35)
-Depth at center (Melo is going to be pretty raw, Collins is serviceable at best)
-Rebounding (C's sucked at rebounding last year and it looks to be the same this year, unless Sullinger contributes a lot more than I think he will as a rookie)

DerekRE_3
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
For the Kings:

I can only list three?

jmoney85
08-02-2012, 11:25 PM
low post defense.... really wished we landed camby

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 11:30 PM
For the Kings:

I can only list three?

Hahaha well for the Nets I originally had 5 but changed it to 3 because I didn't think many here had the attention span to write out that many. Like I said in the post, the 3 MAIN ones.

3ballbomber
08-02-2012, 11:33 PM
i don't have a team :(

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
raptors....

need a star player (better then bosh) to be a first option on offense.

need some better shooting

experience!! team is very young and needs to mature.

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM

go with your favourite team

Rylz
Utah Jazz:

1. Lack of star power: Though the Jazz are a remarkably deep team after this off-season (Mo Williams, Gordon Hayward, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, and Al Jefferson all could argue they deserve starters minutes, and the development of Alec Burks, Enes Kanter, and even Demarre Carroll could throw them into the mix), sadly, there are only so many minutes available, they don't have anyone on their roster who can really be considered a star. Though Millsap and Jefferson both came close last season, neither is quite productive enough to be "the guy." If Favors, Burks, or Hayward has a breakthrough season, this might change, but as of now, we've got a bunch of really good players, but no especially great ones.
2. Reserve PG: Earl Watson and Jamaal Tinsley are both fan favorites, but if we're totally honest, neither one of them brings much to the table. Watson doesn't do much more than pass on offense, and Tinsley's defense has drastically declined. The only real contribution for either of them is leadership, and while that's important, I'd like to see more production on the floor. It will be interesting to see if Corbin tries sliding Foye or Burks to play point from time to time.
3. Inexperience: Millsap was the only real contributor who had any real playoff experience for Utah's brief postseason experiment last year (Bell, Howard, Miles, and Tinsley can't be considered real contributors anymore, and Harris's and Jefferson's playoff experience has been limited). Unfortunately, getting swept in the first round didn't do much to change all that. Favors and Hayward especially need to learn what the playoffs are like, as they are the probable future of the team. This year's additions will help, but will it be enough to help Utah make a playoff run? Time will tell.

justinnum1

I thought you use to be a heat fan

danniboi168
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Knicks:
Amare: his defense
Amare: his rebounding
Amare: his injuries

AKAYaReal
08-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Knicks

1) No real shooting sg
2) Chemistry (on offense)
3) Backup PF

monzternipz12
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Chicago Bulls
1) Who will be our leader vs who should be our leader since Rose is out
2) No definitive 1st and 2nd scoring option
3) Clueless front office

IndyRealist
08-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Pacers
-Lack of playmaking. DJ Augustin is the only real playmaker, playing behind combo guard George Hill. Our 2nd best passer would be Roy Hibbert. This is painfully obvious watching them try to feed the post.
-Bench. After their miserable showing in the playoffs, the Pacers gutted their defensive, hustling bench and brought in a whole new goon squad, which seems to be extremely offensive minded.
-Coaching. Frank Vogel got outcoached by both Van Gundy and Spolestra. If the super-quick Darren Collison hadn't abused an exhausted Jameer Nelson, the Pacers could very well have lost the first round. The opponents made adjustments, we really didn't. Consistency wins in the regular season, but adjustments win in the playoffs.

Bravo95
08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Hawks: Smaller on the perimeter, offensive rebounding, and Larry Drew's minutes distribution.

Puck017
08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Bobcats

1) Skill
2) Effort
3) Players being in shape
- fat Diaw
- Tyrus Thomas deciding to drop 15lbs of muscle prior to last season

Losoway
08-02-2012, 11:50 PM
nothing

we have lebron

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Knicks:

Hahahah actually laughed out loud. But yeah if Amare can improve significantly on defense and rebounding, the Knicks could be a 2 seed if everything else goes according to plan. I strongly believe he (along with Felton) are the X-factors

Utah Jazz:

1. Lack of star power: Though the Jazz are a remarkably deep team after this off-season (Mo Williams, Gordon Hayward, Randy Foye, Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, and Al Jefferson all could argue they deserve starters minutes, and the development of Alec Burks, Enes Kanter, and even Demarre Carroll could throw them into the mix), sadly, there are only so many minutes available, they don't have anyone on their roster who can really be considered a star. Though Millsap and Jefferson both came close last season, neither is quite productive enough to be "the guy." If Favors, Burks, or Hayward has a breakthrough season, this might change, but as of now, we've got a bunch of really good players, but no especially great ones.
2. Reserve PG: Earl Watson and Jamaal Tinsley are both fan favorites, but if we're totally honest, neither one of them brings much to the table. Watson doesn't do much more than pass on offense, and Tinsley's defense has drastically declined. The only real contribution for either of them is leadership, and while that's important, I'd like to see more production on the floor. It will be interesting to see if Corbin tries sliding Foye or Burks to play point from time to time.
3. Inexperience: Millsap was the only real contributor who had any real playoff experience for Utah's brief postseason experiment last year (Bell, Howard, Miles, and Tinsley can't be considered real contributors anymore, and Harris's and Jefferson's playoff experience has been limited). Unfortunately, getting swept in the first round didn't do much to change all that. Favors and Hayward especially need to learn what the playoffs are like, as they are the probable future of the team. This year's additions will help, but will it be enough to help Utah make a playoff run? Time will tell.

:clap: Great post.

Didn't notice Raja Bell on there. Is he a UFA? Him coming back could bring some playoff experience and develop Gordon/Burks into defenders? I could see the Front Office trading one of Millsap/Jefferson for a solid wing player and pieces though. Not a bad problem to have 4 (if Kanter's development accelerates) starting caliber Bigs.

tredigs
Warriors:

1) Staying injury free
2) Defense
3) Questionable coaching

Losoway
ahhh my other 2 teams

Knicks - our bench is old enough to sweat dust

nets - injuries

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Chicago Bulls
1) Who will be our leader vs who should be our leader since Rose is out
2) No definitive 1st and 2nd scoring option
3) Clueless front office

Great point. I can see Noah stepping up on the defensive side (which me might have already been) but offensively who will it be? Hopefully Boozer can step it up this year but I think a lot of Bulls fans have given up on him playing anywhere near his contract?

As for the FO, it must've been very hard to decide what to do with Rose's injury situation this year. Can't imagine how much discussion had been going on to figure out what to do this year. I read somewhere that Thibs was asked point blank what players he would like to keep (Taj, Asik, CJ, etc) and which he would be willing to let go. His answer was "All of them" hahah

Pacers
-Bench. After their miserable showing in the playoffs, the Pacers gutted their defensive, hustling bench and brought in a whole new goon squad, which seems to be extremely offensive minded.

I may be being a homer on this but Gerald Green was pure hustle last year for us. He may become the 6th man off the bench. Keep an eye out on his development.

Mave1002
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Coaching, Shooting, Defense.

blastmasta26
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Knicks -

1) Chemistry - the most glaring issue, and the one that needs to be rectified the most. On paper, the Knicks have one of the best frontcourts in the league, but execution and play between Melo/Amare/Chandler has been underwhelming. Amare has thrived in a Knicks jersey, but only as a center in the D'Antoni era. It seems that Melo and Amare or Chandler can exist, but both bigs fitting in together is tough. Amare's room to operate is occupied by Chandler in the pick and roll and Melo in the iso. Speaking of which, the isolation play propagated by Woodson and performed by Melo has led to stagnancy and the team must figure out how to achieve offensive fluidity.

2) Backup PF/Big man - Once Shumpert returns to full health, Kidd, JR, Brewer, Kurt Thomas, and Camby can backup positions 1-5 respectively. I think all of those guys are capable of being solid bench guys with the exception of Thomas who may be done. Upgrading the backup big situation would be helpful for the 4 spot and also as insurance for Camby and Stoudemire.

3) Spacing - The Knicks still aren't quite set when it comes to consistent perimeter shooting. Felton, JR, Kidd, Melo, and Novak are the perimeter shooters and Novak may be the only one who can knock down 3's consistently and in the flow of the offense. Kidd's shooting has fallen the past two seasons, not sure what to expect from him, and the rest of the shooters are prone to chucking.

mdm692
08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Phoenix Suns
-No real superstar(as of now)
-size(to a small extent). Our tallest guys are Gortat and Frye at 6'11''.
-We signed a lot of FA's. What I mean by this is that often players that sign here think of the Suns as the SSOL machine they were(which they should be leaning towards) that they just fire away regardless of the shot. In short shot selection for the new guys(i.e. Brown, Hill, J-Rich, Hedo and VC all had horrible shot selections when they first joined the suns).

Gritz
08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Weaknesses are for weenies, we have weenies just no weaknesses

b@llhog24
08-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Blazers:

Health. That's all you really need to know. :shrug:

3ballbomber
08-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I thought you use to be a heat fan
I did.

Bulls_fan90
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
nothing

we have lebron

ahhh my other 2 teams

Knicks - our bench is old enough to sweat dust

nets - injuries

:laugh2:

SA5195
08-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Raptors

1. No star player

2. No starting calibar SF

3. Very young team and inexperienced, with the addition of Ross, Fields, Acy, and Jonas. (Fields and Jonas being 2 starters, with a 22 year old Derozan).

*Silver&Black*
08-03-2012, 12:19 AM
This is more questions for this upcoming season than anything,

Hawks:

1. Coaching

2. PG / Teague's development

3. Lack of leadership

Kyben36
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Bulls

1) D Rose's health, bigest weekness by far, if he doesnt come back healthy our team takes major steps backwards
2) SG, remains a problem year after year, no real answers yet,
3a) Backup C, although, not as worried about this one, we dont really have a good backup option, but the league seems to play small so may work out fine
3b) Coaching, and by this, I mean lack of a contract to thibs who has brought this team to stardom, if we cant get him resigned we will regret it.

keetyweedy
08-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Dallas
1.Center
2.Bench
3.Co-star to dirk

IgglesFanInCO
08-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Nuggets:

1. Who takes that next step, Ty Lawson, Gallinari, Faried, McGee all have "star potential" but none have proven they can be a real star
2. Injuries, they were one of the most injured teams in the league last year and never were able to develop chemistry in rotations
3. Leadership, Miller and Harrington the only 30+ players and no one in the starting 5 over 27

tp13baby
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
The Nuggets

1. No pure scorer. We don't have a guy that can light it up on any given night. Our best shooter is Jordan Hamilton, which right now doesn't say alot.
2. No low post scorer. We end up playing outside shoot the ball.
3. Our inability to play against two solid big guys. We don't have the physicality in the front court to keep teams out of the paint. So Rebounding, defensively.

Avenged
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Mike Brown
Bench
Steve Blake

LA_Raiders
08-03-2012, 12:59 AM
- Weak Bench
- Coaching
- NO 3 Pt Shooters

KniCks4LiFe
08-03-2012, 01:07 AM
My Knicks

1 - Our PG combo are past their prime

2 - We have 4-5 AARP members suiting up that are expected to be very integral in our full success

3 - Too many "ifs" w/ Stat and Melo and teams are starting to catch up

Tmath
08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Raptors:

All of the above...

Vinny642
08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
New Orleans Hornets-

1. Lack of a veteran presence.... We have the youngest team in the NBA, with people like Roger Mason Jr as our eldest

2. Lack of overall talent right now... potentially we are really really good, but we have a lo of unproven talent.

3. Frontcourt.... Davis and Anderson are good but players like Robin Lopez, Warrick, Smith aren't at that level right now, I see them getting into foul trouble early and making bad plays

Avenged
08-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Raptors:

All of the above...

lol.. at least you got that sig going for you :drool:

KniCks4LiFe
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
lol.. at least you got that sig going for you :drool:

but they're not sychronized. ;)

Sinestro
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Bulls
1. Second star/playmaker we need someone who can break defenses down and gdo his own shot to help Rose

2. Health. Huge issue the past two seasons and it cost us dearly both seasons

3. Athleticism- Outside Rose no real athletic players which in todays NBA is needed

bucketss
08-03-2012, 01:14 AM
:laugh2:

i knew i wasn't crazy. one day hes a nets fan than hes a heat fan

bucketss
08-03-2012, 01:17 AM
raptors.
bargnani can't play any semblance of defense nor can he rebound
need a legit sf
wing players can't hit a open three to save their lives.

NoahH
08-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Miami Heat
-Hero ball, its awesome to have such amazing players on one team, but at the same time it can be a hinderance. Often times such amazing players feel they can do it all themselves and this is not the case. Yes, once in a while hero ball works but it is a weakness on miami. Play within the system.
-size, pat riley says there is no need for a true center in todays NBA, and who are we to argue with the Don/pimp himself. But miami does lack size. One reason miami doesn;t have size or play bigger guys is a)they dont have enough money to get a decent big and b) miami does not want to play and offensivley challenged/deffensiley challenged player and play 4 on 5. Bosh is a underrated center imo, but it will be interesting if miami faces a team with a lot of size up front, like the jazz or lakers.
-backup playmaker. Outside of lebron and wade miami doesnt really have any back up playmakers.

This.

DerekRE_3
08-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Kings top 3 weaknesses:

1. They care too much
2. They work too much
3. They work too hard

Showtime Steve
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Lakers.
No bench (got some offseason help)
Lack of team speed
Other than kobe, get lost on offense

Aust
08-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Lakers:
-Outside shooting
-Bench
-Athleticism

gaughan333
08-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Rose's Acl
Deng's Wrist
Boozer's contract

USMCLaker
08-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Personally, I like Homer it's that Bart kid I can't stand; always getting into trouble!

STA_PLAR
08-03-2012, 02:03 AM
This is the best forum Ive seen in a while lol
It humbles all the Homers lol

On a brighter note my Knicks look good on paper HOWEVER,

A. Who is going to score besides Melo? Amare has to get it together and we need more scorers every night.

B.RAY FAT FELTON needs to eat more lol

C. Hopefully the Senior Citizens play 15 mins a night.

*Bonus -Shumpert's return scares me a bit.

rocket
08-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Pistons
1:Everything

3ballbomber
08-03-2012, 02:14 AM
go with your favourite team
Bulls then....

3 weaknesses:

1. Boozer
2. SG spot
3. legit second option

SeoulBeatz
08-03-2012, 02:21 AM
1) Spencer Hawes
2) Kwame Brown
3) Royal Ivey

Bruno
08-03-2012, 02:25 AM
1) Coaching
2) Weak/worst bench.
3) Terrible three point shooting (lead by Kobe, 5 threes per game on 30%)

those three things are all wound up into general lack of collective team focus and fire after several deep playoff runs with aging players. especially apparent on defense.

Losoway
08-03-2012, 02:26 AM
i knew i wasn't crazy. one day hes a nets fan than hes a heat fan

seriously your a troll

i can be a fan of any number of teams i want to .

Nets knicks heat >

GET MAD BIITTCH

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Brooklyn Nets:

1. Interior defense- While I believe Humphries is an underrated defender, we really have no true interior play that can defend the paint. This maybe our biggest weakness

2. Our Bench- I dont think its horrible, but its certainly not the greatest. Marshon, Watson, Teletovic, and Evans SHOULD all be solid players, but if they arent we're in trouble.

3. 3 point shooting- we have a few solid 3 point guys like JJ, Deron, and Watson but no true 3 point specialist, I think thats an important piece to have come playoff time. While Morrow had a down year last season , I would have loved to have him on this current Nets team. He'd be excellent off this bench.

Lakers + Giants
08-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Lakers:

1. Age /Athleticism basically correlated.
2. Coaching.
3. Depth.

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Nets.

-Depth at all positions except SG
-Defense honestly I am concerned... we have one or two great defensive players but other then that....hmmmmm
-Deron Williams. Now before people kill me (including Nets fans) hear me out, Deron needs to be on a tight leash, he is no coach or GM. Do I approve of the moves we made this summer? yes but only because I didn't want to move to brooklyn with nothing to show for it. If he continues to have Carte blanche, I will have serious issues and would want Jerry Sloan or a hard *** coach to come and keep him squared. Deron is his own worst enemy. He is probably the best PG in the league if it wasn't for himself, he is self destructive.

ryang
08-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Pg

center

coach

Phenomenonsense
08-03-2012, 03:32 AM
1: Charlie Villanueva
2: Tweeners
3: Youth

smiddy012
08-03-2012, 03:45 AM
1. Injury-proneness
2. Injury-proneness
3. No White Mamba
4. Carlos Boozer's defense
5. No second star

Evolution23
08-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Knicks

1. Chemistry- This is the biggest issue. If the Knicks can have all our pieces playing together, they can be very dangerous in the playoffs.

2. Injuries- How will Amare come back this year. I predict a strong year based on the fact he dropped 15 pounds and is actually able to practice in the offseason. He's also working with Hakeem on his post game but he always finds a way to get injured. I guess you can add Shumpert to that list too.

3. Consistent defense- Knicks were top 5 in defense last year but they need it to be even better with the athletic players they have on their roster. Amare and Melo need to step up on the defensive end.

Evolution23
08-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Nets.

-Depth at all positions except SG
-Defense honestly I am concerned... we have one or two great defensive players but other then that....hmmmmm
-Deron Williams. Now before people kill me (including Nets fans) hear me out, Deron needs to be on a tight leash, he is no coach or GM. Do I approve of the moves we made this summer? yes but only because I didn't want to move to brooklyn with nothing to show for it. If he continues to have Carte blanche, I will have serious issues and would want Jerry Sloan or a hard *** coach to come and keep him squared. Deron is his own worst enemy. He is probably the best PG in the league if it wasn't for himself, he is self destructive.

Jerry Sloan is the reason Deron is not on the Jazz any more. And what do you mean by Deron is his own worst enemy? :confused:

abe_froman
08-03-2012, 04:38 AM
bulls
1.injuries-i cant remember the last time they got through a season without anyone having major injury issues,we're probably 2nd behind portand in the area
2.no 2ndary stars or playmakers-this has been a major flaw the past few years and still has yet to be addressed
3.2.scoring-rose accounted for probably about 90% of the offense(see above),without him for most of the year we'll probably rank near bottom in the league in points

size is also going to be an issue.noah has the tendency for getting pushed around by bigger bodies and boozers defensive issues are well documented ,and while asik had no offensive impact he did bring a defensive one

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Jerry Sloan is the reason Deron is not on the Jazz any more. And what do you mean by Deron is his own worst enemy? :confused:
Yeah he forced Jerry Sloan out! or Jerry sloan gave up on him whichever way you take it.

Deron is his own worst enemy because when he becomes a Head Coach or Manager rather then a player it takes away from his strengths and adds to his ego. He is just a good player who needs to focus on winning not management or coaching

Slimsim
08-03-2012, 05:41 AM
knicks

Losing shump (our best player)
Dolan
Jr smith/amare

asandhu23
08-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Warriors...

1. Defense
2. Injuries
3. Coaching

KnicksPain
08-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Pg

center

coach

In what ways is Spo a bad coach? You know your team better than me, but I always thought he was a little underrated as a coach because of the situation he has. But of course our coaching has had a a tendency to make others look good.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Knicks:

:clap::cheers:

so true

LongIslandIcedZ
08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Knicks

- Guard play, its good but not great.
- Offense, huge question mark, could be awful, could be incredible.
- Age, their old.

eternal slumber
08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Rockets

youth
star player
chemistry

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Grizzlies
3 point shootin- the worst in the NBA in the past 4 years
Chemistry issues because of injury-ZBO and Rudy Gay never play together.
Guard play-Tony Allen and Mike conley have to get better (on offense)to help the big guys down low.

Bigus Dogus
08-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Timberwolves

1. Perimeter Defense
2. Health (Rubio - Pek - AK - Roy)
3. JJ Barea trying to defend anyone

king4day
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Suns:

1. Uncertainty. Too many high upside players who haven't proven anything
2. No true backup center
3. Potentially a middle of the pack team for the next few years, thus stunting any chance at getting a high lottery pick.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Raptors weaknesses

wing players
wing defense
being young

JLynn943
08-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Kings:

1. Shooting
2. Defense
3. Lack of veteran leadership

Yeah...

JWO35
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Pistons

-Defense
-Offense
-Roster

Da Knicks
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
1- New faces once again atleast this time they will have training camp but still will have to adjust.

2- backup pf, Camby will play center only and Chandler may be able to slide into the pf spot for stretches along with Melo but I would love to bring in Kenyon Martin for insurance.

3- injuries - The team is loaded with talent but injuries have killed them the last two seasons hopefully this season they can stay healthy...

DTownSkitzo
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Detroit Pistons:

1. Lack of execution (mostly due to age)- In close games last season our offense sputtered in big time situations. We got better through out the season but it is still a lingering issue and execution is everything in this league.

2. Inconsistency- This too has to do with having a young core. Knight was amazing one night and suppressed the next. Stuckey has always been inconsistent which kills me because I believe he can be a rather good asset to this team (it's 50-50 with Pistons fans on him). The only player that was consistent for us last season was Greg "Moose" Monroe. I hate to be a homer but Moose is very underrated compared to other young bigs. Our bench was also rather inconsistent.

3. Depth- Our bench last year was horrendous outside Jonas Jerebko. They were average defensively but our offense off the bench was garbage. I felt as though Will Bynum was trying to get his own all the time (in the games he actually played).

** Work-in-progress **

1. Defense! Finally!

2. Started to develop some chemistry that we never had when Curry or Kuester was our coach.

3. The work ethic has been restored to the Pistons! (excluding Charlie V...)

spammails
08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Spurs:

1. PF - Bonner and Dejuan Blair were so bad fat Diaw who got cut from Bobcuts got starting role in about 1 month of joining Spurs.

2. Play maker - Basically we only had Ginibili and Parker as play makers and Mills and Neal were pretty much sg in pg's body.

3. Age - Although average age is pretty young, two most important players are 36 and 35 now.

HesterJordan23
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM
bulls

a true scorer

for now the injury bug

and it used to be a facilitator from the pg position but now i think we have that.. um boozer will be my third

DitchDat
08-03-2012, 02:10 PM
proven frontcourt depth

health

can't think of a third one.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Wolves

- Interior defense. Pekovic and Love are awesome offensively, a great inside/outside duo running the PnR with Rubio. But neither is very athletic, and neither are much more then an average defender. If our perimeter defenders don't keep slashers and dribble penetration out of the lane, our defense gets killed.

- Health. Rubio coming off ACL surgery in early March will probably force him to not be near 100% until close to christmas. Kirilenko dealt with back issues the last 2 times he tried to play an 82 game NBA season. Brandon Roy's knees, nobody knows what we have.

- Chemistry. Darko, Beasley, Johnson, Ellington, Webster, Miller, Randolph out. Shved, Kirilenko, Roy, Budinger, Stiemsma, Cunningham in. A ton of turnover, but at least there is a full training camp.

UD5soul
08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Chicago Bulls:

1) Second option or # 2 scorer! This team won't make it out of the east until Rose is healthy and we find somebody to run with Rose and prove to be a consistent # 2. Boozer hasn't worked out (I was against the signing all along), Deng is a great player and worthy of starting for the Bulls but if we had to move him in order to get a star center or a proven SG or SF I would part ways. The rest of the Bulls are either unknowns or guys we know what we can expect out of like Noah. Give the Bulls a # 2 and we can run with Miami and Boston.

2) Backup Center, Depth at the 4 and 5 position. I like Noah and Gibson, but Gibson is undersized and Noah is injury prone, before we lost Omare we were good, but he left a HUGE hole, and with Boozer playing worse every year and never developing defensively we are stating to look thin on the front line. I would love some depth at Center and a replacement for Boozer. (Paul Gasol, Zach Randolph, would have liked Camby or either Lopez)

3) Shooting Guard! Rip is done, finished , washed. I don't see Rip rebounding like I expect Ray Allen to after injury ridden years. Rip is smaller and has taken more of a beating over the years, think Iverson at the end. We need a shooting guard, preferably somebody who can step in and score 18 points a night, if somebody developed into that type of player we could hold onto Deng and make another run before we amnesty Boozer next year and let Deng walk.

The Bulls also lack depth, we've let a bunch of the guys from the bench mob walk, (which I have no problem with) and we've signed guys to one year deals while Rose gets healthy (which I have no problem with) but it is still worth mentioning that the Bulls need quality depth moving forward and right now we don't have it.

I've enjoyed the thread, I hope you enjoy my contribution.

FOXHOUND
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Knicks

Chemistry on offense with any lineup that has Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire in together.

Our interior D whenever Amare Stoudemire is on the court, specifically his poor work on rotations destroying our defense and his lack of boxing out allowing easy offensive rebounds.

A legitimate, consistent 3 point shooter beyond Steve Novak, as he won't even play twenty minutes per game.

I'm a bit concerned about the PF position, but Stoudemire is here to stay so we just have to hope for the best from him with all the work he is doing this offseason. Anthony creates mismatches from hell when he plays PF, so I expect him to get a nice amount of minutes there, with Novak and Chandler/Camby around him in the front court. Then there's Camby, who can play a little PF himself. He probably will too, since getting solid playing time was a big thing on his free agency list and there is only so much time available behind Chandler at C.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Chicago Bulls:

1) Second option or # 2 scorer! This team won't make it out of the east until Rose is healthy and we find somebody to run with Rose and prove to be a consistent # 2. Boozer hasn't worked out (I was against the signing all along), Deng is a great player and worthy of starting for the Bulls but if we had to move him in order to get a star center or a proven SG or SF I would part ways. The rest of the Bulls are either unknowns or guys we know what we can expect out of like Noah. Give the Bulls a # 2 and we can run with Miami and Boston.

2) Backup Center, Depth at the 4 and 5 position. I like Noah and Gibson, but Gibson is undersized and Noah is injury prone, before we lost Omare we were good, but he left a HUGE hole, and with Boozer playing worse every year and never developing defensively we are stating to look thin on the front line. I would love some depth at Center and a replacement for Boozer. (Paul Gasol, Zach Randolph, would have liked Camby or either Lopez)

3) Shooting Guard! Rip is done, finished , washed. I don't see Rip rebounding like I expect Ray Allen to after injury ridden years. Rip is smaller and has taken more of a beating over the years, think Iverson at the end. We need a shooting guard, preferably somebody who can step in and score 18 points a night, if somebody developed into that type of player we could hold onto Deng and make another run before we amnesty Boozer next year and let Deng walk.

The Bulls also lack depth, we've let a bunch of the guys from the bench mob walk, (which I have no problem with) and we've signed guys to one year deals while Rose gets healthy (which I have no problem with) but it is still worth mentioning that the Bulls need quality depth moving forward and right now we don't have it.

I've enjoyed the thread, I hope you enjoy my contribution.

Very interested in seeing how the PG minutes are distributed between Kirk/Teague/Nate until Rose comes back

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Knicks

Mike Woodson's MELO offense at times!! Very predictable and im not talking about the playoffs when they had no choice. Bad habits can form even during winning streaks

Accountability - Allowing Amare, Melo and others to take plays off on defense even tho he came in the door talking accountability for everyone. Only seen him scream on Landry and Lin, SHumpert. Pets like Jr,Amare, Melo got it a bit light or not at all. This includes poor shot selection and turnovers.

Outside SHooting. Lack of shooters can hurt us which is a major concern when teams keep us out of the paint.

SunsBearsfan
08-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Phoenix Suns:
1. Robert Sarvar
2. New/Different team with Nash gone, so really dont know who they are and how long it will take to be good again
3. No top player/'star' player

avengedchaos5
08-03-2012, 06:02 PM
possible weaknesses

1 REBOUNDING(huge concern)
2 obviuosly our injuries that always happen
3 i really feel the celtics get the proverbial cold shoulder when it comes to officiating. i know we get to the line but more often then not im caused to:facepalm: because of an incorrect call.

WITH THAT BEING SAID EVERY CHAMPION OVERCOMES THIER WEAKNESSES

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
New York Knicks

1. James Dolan
2. Injuries
3. Our fans
4. James Dolan
5. James Dolan

JollyRanch
08-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Lakers

1. Pau Gasol
2. Pau Gasol
3. Pau Gasol

Deezy3
08-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Grizzlies:

Little to No 3 point shooting

Lack of true Backup Center (Haddadi isn't the answer)

Bench Scoring (Now that OJ Mayo is gone)

MrfadeawayJB
08-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Grizzlies:

1) Outside shooting

2) Interior defense/shot blocking

3) Bench scoring

MrfadeawayJB
08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Grizzlies:

Little to No 3 point shooting

Lack of true Backup Center (Haddadi isn't the answer)

Bench Scoring (Now that OJ Mayo is gone)

haha i guess we think alike!

I didnt even look at yours when i posted mine

thephoenixson28
08-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Rockets- Youth, Inexperience, and no 'star'.

Same thing with Phoenix

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Grizzlies:

1) Outside shooting

2) Interior defense/shot blocking

3) Bench scoring

You know I don't agree with the interior Defense or backup Center issues Spreights will get better(on defense)and Author is back.

MrfadeawayJB
08-03-2012, 08:54 PM
You know I don't agree with the interior Defense or backup Center issues Spreights will get better(on defense)and Author is back.

true but when i talk about backup C i am not really referring to the scoring aspect. More on the defensive end. I feel like we need a shotblocker/shot changer and a core of Marc, Arthur, Speights, and Hadaddi is average at best.

mdm692
08-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Same thing with Phoenix

Idk about inexperience. We don't have vets but a lot of our young guys have quite a bit of experience.

latinofire21
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
New York Knicks

1) Durability and Age - This offseason we became a much older team. We also seem to catch the injury bug real bad going into the playoffs or in the playoffs every year.

2) Chemistry and Consistency - Melo and Amare need to figure out how to play off the ball when the other is dominating. Amare and Melo need to stop trying to shoot themselves out of a slump when they are clearly cold. We added a lot of new pieces to this team and now they need time to develop into a team. Knicks need to stop playing at the level of the competition. They need to develop the killer instinct and stop making games with the Bobcats nail biters.

3) Lack of a legitimate shooting guard - With Shumpert injured we are going to rely heavily on Brewer to fill Shumperts shoes. Smith may be a starter but I think he is more valuable coming off the bench. Missing on Ray Allen hurt us in my opinion.

Deezy3
08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
haha i guess we think alike!

I didnt even look at yours when i posted mine

Haha wow! Same answers and same order too! That's awesome haha.

lamzoka
08-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Knicks:
sick sig:clap::clap::clap:

LJEATON26
08-04-2012, 01:04 PM
1. No Offensive post pressence.
2. No real half court offense.
3. Insecurities with Ibaka, Harden, Cook and Maynor all getting ready to be free agents.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Lakers weakness:

3 pt shooting
Athleticism in the perimeter
Backcourt defense

PAOboston
08-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Celtics

1. rebounding- i've come to accept that the c's will never be a great rebounding team. and i know that a huge part of that is the defensive scheme (dont bother on offensive rebounds, get back on defense instead). with kg at the 5 and bass at the 4 (both outside players for bigs for the most part), it pretty much guarantees they wont be much better.

2. old age- pierce is 35. kg is 37. this isnt a lockout shortened season. they are gonna have to manage their minutes BIG TIME this year, especially kg. with no kg, the c's arent going anywhere.

3. down low presence- outside of the rookie sullinger, the c's really dont have an inside game. i know kg did it towards the end of the season last year, but i'm not convinced he can manage that type of play for an entire nba season plus playoffs. whenever the c's offense goes into a rut, it generally b/c they settle for jumper after jumper instead of going down low or attacking the rim.

Anji
08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Knicks:

LOL, I think Amare will bounce back. Doesn't solve any of those issues, but atlease he'll be dropping 20 a game.

justinnum1
08-04-2012, 03:13 PM
LOL, I think Amare will bounce back. Doesn't solve any of those issues, but atlease he'll be dropping 20 a game.

Amare's problem is he gives up more than he scores and he forces chandler to cover for him which can throw a team defense way off.

Evolution23
08-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Grizzlies biggest issue is not having a go to guy.

theheatles
08-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Miami Heat

Mare-RIO ChallMUHS?

Sactown
08-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Kings

-No veteran leadership/locker room presence
-No outside shooting (especially SF)
-Chemistry

#Shumpert Up
08-04-2012, 05:56 PM
knicks

- The Melo/Amare Enigma? will they ever gel?
- Offense. Where'd it go? Oh the Irony. they bring in 2 of the best scorers in the leauge and they become a top tier defensive team and a mediocre offensive team at best. again this goes back to chemistry but also they do not have enough shooters that can create their own shot reliably without chucking (ahem JR; however if he gets back to form he'll be fine)
- PGs? yeah we got a lot of depth at the guard position and i love felton/kidd/pablo but will kidd hold up? how's pablo gonna transition to the nba game? will felton return to form?

Vinylman
08-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Assuming NO D12

1. Our Joke of a coach
2. Incompatability of Gasol/Bynum
3. No Back up combo guard who can shoot the 3

Remedies

1. Fire the POS
2. Trade for D12
3. Sign Barbosa and Ship blake to Siberia

IndyRealist
08-04-2012, 06:05 PM

I thought that's what they gave Rudy Gay a max deal for?

schilling
08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
1. Front Office's decision making...
- Trading Iggy yet? Ever?
- Kwame?

2. The inability of picking a mascot.
- Phil E. Moose?

3. Lack of talent at Center
- Kwame?

Punk
08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
1. Not taking lesser teams seriously.

2. Defensive rebounding.

3. Lack of post play.

Amare's problem is he gives up more than he scores and he forces chandler to cover for him which can throw a team defense way off.

Actually, the first 6 games Woodson took over, Amare was playing great defense next to Tyson. Then, he re-injured himself.

At this point, his offense is more important. 17ppg on 38% is not good enough.

jp611
08-04-2012, 09:01 PM
1. Jerry Reinsdorf
2. Lack of 2nd playmaker behind Rose
3. Jerry Reinsdorf

Cal827
08-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Raptors:

1. We suck.
2. Brian Colangelo won't give up his weed.
3. Who the **** is our SF going into this year? We got a goddamn expiring. Go Get Gay or Iggy or something :mad:

MrfadeawayJB
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM

This could very well be a issue, but i'd prefer to wait on that for now...

I thought that's what they gave Rudy Gay a max deal for?

Rudy Gay is supposed to be the go to guy when the game is on the line. Now with Z-BO being a year older, and Marc being himself (a pass first big guy) i see the ball in Rudy's hands at the end of games. I dont hold the playoffs on him too much, it was the first time he had been in the playoffs and i think he did alright for his first time. He will have every opportunity to excel this year

xxplayerxx23
08-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Spacing, Chemstry,Offense (gofigure)

Evolution23
08-05-2012, 06:00 AM
This could very well be a issue, but i'd prefer to wait on that for now...

Rudy Gay is supposed to be the go to guy when the game is on the line. Now with Z-BO being a year older, and Marc being himself (a pass first big guy) i see the ball in Rudy's hands at the end of games. I dont hold the playoffs on him too much, it was the first time he had been in the playoffs and i think he did alright for his first time. He will have every opportunity to excel this year

Rudy is a nice finisher but I don't know if he can do it consistently when it counts. He's still young so maybe he can find a way but to me I just don't see it.