PDA

View Full Version : Is this the year the Knicks breakout?

D12 fan
08-02-2012, 09:19 PM
For the last 2yrs NY has been all hype as a contender,but they have failed in the playoffs in those 2 yrs.This team is always talked about as a contender my question is this the year the Knicks finally breakout and Melo/Amare/Chandler live up to their big 3 expetations?

I feel like this is Melo's make or break year to prove he can carry a franchise and be a leader,maybe the USA game today made me think this,but I think Melo will come into training camp in shape and will finally lead NY to the ECF.

xxplayerxx23
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
:pity: close please. You know how this is going to end. I believe if healthy they can be a scary team, but dont think they can take out Miami and maybe even Boston

StarvingKnick22
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
maybe. but i will not have my hopes up until we get through the tough first month we have

netsgiantsyanks
08-02-2012, 09:25 PM
no, they suck, they suck, they'll never get anywhere because they suck. they lost hope when they lost jeremy lin, they suck now.

:p

seikou8
For the last 2yrs NY has been all hype as a contender,but they have failed in the playoffs in those 2 yrs.This team is always talked about as a contender my question is this the year the Knicks finally breakout and Melo/Amare/Chandler live up to their big 3 expetations?

I feel like this is Melo's make or break year to prove he can carry a franchise and be a leader,maybe the USA game today made me think this,but I think Melo will come into training camp in shape and will finally lead NY to the ECF.

man hope your right i pray your right, we haven't failed injuries has failed us in the playoffs. your right we have underachieve, melo will prove all of us that he can play at a elite level this year. with a full training camp and if he is ready and healthy because he wasn't last season . i thnk he knicks can make some noise in east.it is only one game against Nigeria don't go crazy.

justinnum1
I think this might finally be the year they get out of the first round. But if they have to face chicago in the first round that could make things real interesting.

IndyRealist
08-02-2012, 09:27 PM
....didn't they make the playoffs last year?

D12 fan
08-02-2012, 09:29 PM
no, they suck, they suck, they'll never get anywhere because they suck. they lost hope when they lost jeremy lin, they suck now.

:p

Come on man lets not troll.

oak2455
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
is this the year the OP roots for just one team......nah.... dude stfu.......I'm gonna root for 5 teams good odds, huh ;)

DragonJaii
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I think this might finally be the year they get out of the first round. But if they have to face chicago in the first round that could make things real interesting.

i agree with this, i think they will finally make it out of the first round if healthy, melo looks to be in better shape and they have solid pieces this yr.

raiderposting
08-02-2012, 09:33 PM
**** you to the entire state of New York. I dont even care if your not a fan of the knicks or the nets, just **** all of new york. why are the knicks and nets getting so much attention? they haven't done ****.

seikou8
08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
**** you to the entire state of New York. I dont even care if your not a fan of the knicks or the nets, just **** all of new york. why are the knicks and nets getting so much attention? they haven't done ****.

why are you mad bro/your a lakers fan you get alot attention

oak2455
08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
go back to prison and enjoy Bubba

D12 fan
08-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Melo has looked like the best player on team usa so far,I think he will translate that focus and leadership with the Knicks this season.I don't know but Melo has looked in shape this summer and seems to be more mature in his interviews.I have a feeling the Knicks will finally live up to the hype and challenge Miami in the ECF.

Evolution23
08-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Let me break it down for all of PSD so they can be Happy

Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks.

TheNumber37
08-02-2012, 09:39 PM
the Knicks made a lot of great underrated moves, particularly Kidd, camby and brewer. I say they go 6 games in ECF

The 6-4-3
08-02-2012, 09:40 PM

Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks,Knicks Suck, Melo Sucks.

Sounds Bout right.

oak2455
let me break it down for all of psd so they can be happy

knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks,knicks suck, melo sucks.

you forgot Amare :)

netsgiantsyanks
Come on man lets not troll.

the one time i want to troll :sigh:

seikou8
08-02-2012, 09:41 PM
the one time i want to troll :sigh:

true i when see you post you usually are honest and truthfully.

Rocketsfan85
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I think they have underachieved big time for the all stars they have they just need to find out what each others role is and Woodson needs to facilitate an offense that's gonna benefit Amare and Melo that they'll both buy into. But I know Melo looks good in the Olympics but too be honest he's been the best player on the 08 and this current team cuz his game for some reason flourishes in Olympic play IMO...

PS: everyone expect for DoMeFavors to come and troll cuz nobody comes before his beloved Nets lol!!!!

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
The fate of this team this year is dependent on the chemistry between Melo/Amare. If they can figure it out, ECF is not out of the picture at all.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Melo has looked like the best player on team usa so far,I think he will translate that focus and leadership with the Knicks this season.I don't know but Melo has looked in shape this summer and seems to be more mature in his interviews.I have a feeling the Knicks will finally live up to the hype and challenge Miami in the ECF.

Melo has always looked good when he is surrounded by all stars and playing teams like nigeria and tunsina.

Evolution23
08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
you forgot Amare :)

True, I don't want another infraction for joking around lol. We have to be 100% serious because this is an internet forum of the highest quality.

StarvingKnick22
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM

i find it funny that you really dont have to click on this thread. all you have to do is look away.

D12 fan
08-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Melo has always looked good when he is surrounded by all stars and playing teams like nigeria and tunsina.

Nah Melo showed up against Miami he just didn't have any help,he was dropping 40+ on Lebron.Say what you want about Melo but the guy can get buckets.

StarvingKnick22
08-02-2012, 09:50 PM
The fate of this team this year is dependent on the chemistry between Melo/Amare. If they can figure it out, ECF is not out of the picture at all.

i love that you're one of the only net fans here who dont trash the knicks. and can make knick logic... :clap:

DoMeFavors
08-02-2012, 09:51 PM
They could they have the talent to do so depends if Felton,Amare, and Jason Kidd bounce back this year.

netsgiantsyanks
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM

can't tell if trolling or just really, really bitter.

Blitzbolt
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Is this the year Knicks fans come out of the closet...what.???

kho1313
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't think so.

Evolution23
08-02-2012, 09:54 PM
i love that you're one of the only net fans here who dont trash the knicks. and can make knick logic... :clap:

He's one of the smartest posters on PSD. That's the reason.

eternal slumber
08-02-2012, 09:54 PM
they'll have a very good season if and only if they aren't derailed by injuries and Felton plays like the way he did last time he was a Knick, they'll be able to advance to the second round.

jmoney85
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
championship

Evolution23
08-02-2012, 10:00 PM

oh snap son... visit www.Jokes.com for more corny ones

D12 fan
08-02-2012, 10:02 PM

:laugh:

BK-TY
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Soooooo what exactly are you tryin' t' say?

Blitzbolt
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Soooooo what exactly are you tryin' t' say?

That melo is fat.

knicks4life33
08-02-2012, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=justinnum1;23201522]I think this might finally be the year they get out of the first round. But if they have to face chicago in the first round that could make things real interesting.[/QUOT

Depends how healthy DROSE is

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Nah Melo showed up against Miami he just didn't have any help,he was dropping 40+ on Lebron.Say what you want about Melo but the guy can get buckets.

he got 40 one game, what was his shooting % in the other games?
game 1 3-15
2 12-26
3 7-23
4 15-29 played great this game
5 15-31

for the series 52-124=41%

knicks4life33
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Sorry duplicate

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 10:10 PM
He's one of the smartest posters on PSD. That's the reason.

Haha I wouldn't say that at all. I like to say I know a lot about my Nets and their rivals haha. A lot of posters on here could be considered just as "smart" if only they were rational and didn't get their hatred of players/teams get in the way. And yes, I hate the Knicks.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Yeah man I'm really excited to see JKidd play. What I'm looking MOST forward to is a possible rivalry between Marshon Brooks and Iman Shumpert in the future. Hopefully both our teams keep them and they become All-Star caliber players 2-4 seasons from now.

goku
08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
They remind me of the Rockets during the yao-t-mac era

LakersSaintsLSU
08-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I think the knicks have a shot at being much better than last year. with the additions they made they can make a push if healthy,and fully committed....melo's going to surprise alot of folks this year

bedford1829
08-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Unlike most illogical posters, I'll try and substantiate my opinion with a rational reasoning.

The Knicks have a legitimate shot of finishing 5 or higher In the east. Most of the core has had some time to play together and gel.

They will be a strong defensive team, especially in the post, and have the potential to be a top tier rebounding squad. The improved defense/rebounding under Woodson and a move to a more half court oriented offense (a departure from D'Antoni's run and gun) led by veteran point guards should allow them to better control and dictate game flow and tempo which should keep them competetive In most games.

There are several question marks that will ultimately determine how far they can go including...

***overall team health (historically fragile pieces)
***production of aging veteran role players
***Melo and Stat's chemistry and willingness to put the team first
***can bench produce at last years levels and continue to stepup

If the ball bounces the right way and these variables workout in their favor, they could
advance to an ECF, however they are just as likely to get bounced in the first round. The east is brutal, on the surface the Heat, Celtics, and possibly the pacers are still ahead of them so time will tell

LakersSaintsLSU
08-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Unlike most illogical posters, I'll try and substantiate my opinion with a rational reasoning.

The Knicks have a legitimate shot of finishing 5 or higher In the east. Most of the core has had some time to play together and gel.

They will be a strong defensive team, especially in the post, and have the potential to be a top tier rebounding squad. The improved defense/rebounding under Woodson and a move to a more half court oriented offense (a departure from D'Antoni's run and gun) led by veteran point guards should allow them to better control and dictate game flow and tempo which should keep them competetive In most games.

There are several question marks that will ultimately determine how far they can go including...

If the ball bounces the right way and these variables workout in their favor, they could
advance to an ECF, however they are just as likely to get bounced in the first round. The east is brutal, on the surface the Heat, Celtics, and possibly the pacers are still ahead of them so time will tell

Gotta agree with this guy,does make a point

Losoway
08-02-2012, 10:24 PM
yes it can be . They have a full training camp together and melo playing like this

i think they can be Number 2 in the east

Kobe2324
08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I say no, I like the Knicks and I hope they do well, but I just don't consider it them to have a big 3, they have 3 good players but they just don't play well together, melo and amare just can't play off eachother and as far as chandler he is really good on D but on the other end really isn't a factor. If Kidd can stay healthy than maybe he can manage this team to a better season. I do think they will be slightly better and get to the 2nd round but that's it...

Mayweather&NYK
08-02-2012, 10:44 PM

T-u-n-i-s-i-a...:eyebrow:

At least come correct if your trying to bait....:facepalm:

calibird707
08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Imo miami is the only team in the east that is clearly better than the knicks...boston is the only other team that i put above them..not by much though..gotta wait and see how things shake out...camby behind chandler is huge and j-kidd will bring a steady veteran presence..brewer was another solid pickup...IF they stay healthy i see them as a 2-3 seed and can easily see them in the ECF...

ryang
08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
With the additions they have made this year id say so..

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
T-u-n-i-s-i-a...:eyebrow:

At least come correct if your trying to bait....:facepalm:

I got you as my spell check:)

oak2455
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
True, I don't want another infraction for joking around lol. We have to be 100% serious because this is an internet forum of the highest quality.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AKAYaReal
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM

This sums a lot up.

Chemistry will be the biggest x factor. If the combo of Felton and Kidd cant make Stat, Tyson, and Melo work, then it is time to move at least one.

heyman321
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
They're already past puberty.

Patrick Ewing33
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
They're already past puberty.I apologize to go off topic. You think Landry Fields is a star? :eyebrow:

Punk
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I think so. 1st season where they will have a full training camp with a healthy roster going into it. Melo is playing great basketball, Amare is working out with Hakeem to develop a better offensive game, Tyson is angry and playing with a chip on his shoulder.

A MUCH better and I mean MUCH better bench compared to the start of last season and chemistry and stability with Woodson and JR, Novak coming back.

If they play at the level they did in that 25 game stretch under Woodson where they went 18-6 with the best defense in every category at that time, I think they'll have a great year.

Biggest thing they needed to fix was playing healthy motivated basketball every single game. The Knicks problems wasn't due to chemistry or Melo/Amare, It was poor basketball against poor teams.

If you eliminate losses to lottery teams they had because they showed up with a "IDGF" attitude, the Knicks would have had the 4th seed (Considering they were 3 games out of it) and they certainly would have had a 44 win season. They were projected through advanced stats to have a 41-25 season.

If Woodson can drill in the hard nosed style of basketball they played under him, they should win 50 games if not more if they beat all their lesser opponents.

The East is also weak this year. So, come playoff time they should have an easier path depending on matchups. Instead of facing Miami or Boston in the 1st round, they should be clinching a Top 4 seed to get a team like Washington or Toronto.

I'm very excited for the first actual season with a true defensive "team" and not a bunch of crappy unproven bench players that can't produce on both ends.

We can OFFICIALLY judge this team come this season and beyond.

Mayweather&NYK
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I got you as my spell check:)

You can count on that Guy! :up:

The more you acknowledge us, the more it becomes apparent... continue to bait, some will bite some wont.... See u when we see u... Melo is looking ripe for a breakout season...

KNICKS R BACK
08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=justinnum1;23201522]I think this might finally be the year they get out of the first round. But if they have to face chicago in the first round that could make things real interesting.[/QUOT

Depends how healthy DROSE is

LMFAO your sig is by far the best on PSD...describes these gaylord mods pretty well

KNICKS R BACK
08-03-2012, 12:21 AM

LMFAO i cant tell if your sig is trolling or if you are serious...if you are serious you get some of these :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: , one of these :crazy: , a mutumbo finger wag :no: , and a bunch of these :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: ... so as you see, your sig was a :badidea:

quade36
08-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Wow, this thread was created in 2010. And 2011 too :D

JerseyPalahniuk
08-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Hahaha saw that "KNICKS R BACK" posted in a thread asking if the Knicks are back. Was not surprised at all to see a response like this ^

ThunderousDemon
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
The Knicks are back, baby!!! :dance:

ThunderousDemon
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
double post, sorry

BuddhaMONK
08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
is carmelo still on the team? if yes...than no

BuddhaMONK
08-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Hahaha saw that "KNICKS R BACK" posted in a thread asking if the Knicks are back. Was not surprised at all to see a response like this ^

honestly that's a deeper and less selfish team than the knicks...I bet they'll be better

heyman321
08-03-2012, 12:49 AM
LMFAO i cant tell if your sig is trolling or if you are serious...if you are serious you get some of these :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: , one of these :crazy: , a mutumbo finger wag :no: , and a bunch of these :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: ... so as you see, your sig was a :badidea:

dude are you crazy? Landry Fields is the next Pippen/Jordan hybrid, except he's a better shooter. Anywhere from 32 feet and in he's money. You can take his shot all the way to the bank cause it's money.

oh and KNICKS ARE BACK BABY.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM

kind of like lebron :)

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 08:11 AM
game 1 3-15
2 12-26
3 7-23
5 15-31

this is why fg% is dumb, you realize he only shot 41% because he had an atrocious first game right?

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 08:14 AM
dude are you crazy? Landry Fields is the next Pippen/Jordan hybrid, except he's a better shooter. Anywhere from 32 feet and in he's money. You can take his shot all the way to the bank cause it's money.

oh and KNICKS ARE BACK BABY.

agreed landry fields is da goat, i wonder why he didnt get a tryout for the olympics? Probably because he didnt want to do every team like melo did nigeria.

BklynKnicks3
08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
When u have a top 3 player in the nba and good defensive team always a chance as far as east finals go but Miami still has 2 top 5 player or cowards that decided to win gold medals in the nba

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 08:25 AM
When u have a top 3 player in the nba and good defensive team always a chance as far as east finals go but Miami still has 2 top 5 player or cowards that decided to win gold medals in the nba

top 2 when you take lebron out for using hgh. Also, miami has 1 top 5 player and 2 top 15 players.

oak2455
08-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I miss the Net threads ;)

LongIslandIcedZ
08-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I absolutely 100% think this is finally the year the Knicks get out of the first round. Honestly, I would be very disappointed in this season if the Knicks lost in the playoffs to anyone other than the Heat. If they play the Heat and lose, fine, you lost to a better team. But anyone else, I would probably be disappointed in the way the season turned out.

Boston is good, before anyone jumps on me, but I think a healthy Knick team can win a best of 7 series. Same with the Nets and Pacers.

I think if Amar'e and Melo can get in sync, which has alluded them greatly and is no way a forgone conclusion, they can take Miami to 7 games.

It's a lot of if's, but thats what speculation is all about. The Knicks are back.

nycericanguy
08-03-2012, 08:45 AM
game 1 3-15
2 12-26
3 7-23
5 15-31

All you showed was that he had 1 bad game, that 1 bad game killed his %, but i'll take the other 3 games any day.

Jroz
08-03-2012, 08:45 AM
hah these threads are unfortunately pointless, mostly because most people hate the Knicks and their fans, so you're going to get alot of biased opinions and hate..that said I really think it comes down to our point guard play. If Felton/Kidd/Priogini can provide solid contribution on a consistent basis than guys like Stat who have struggled recently should be fine. I'd like us out of the first round, anything after that seems cloudy at this point

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:47 AM
if they can stay healthy. i don't see why not. I think if they open up the offense a little more instead of this ISO offense that we are hearing about. I'm sure Melo can step up his game but its hard without shooters waiting in the wings. Just can't be Novak spotting up. Its simple. ISO players need shooters around.

but i'll add my 2 cents: Melo sucks HAHAHAHAHA. Until Melo gets out of the first round and wins a few more series by himself like real superstars (is he one? i don't know anymore) do, everyone here cept Melo and Knicks fans are going to doubt him. More people respect Lebron (i guess?) cuz of what he did in the playoffs. I'm sure Melo will get the same treatment if he gets a chip. or gets into the ECF a couple of times.

we all know he's a great player, even the ones that say they hate him, but at the end of the day- if you haven't won anything significant or progressed towards the championship each year - then he doesn't deserve the huzzah and glamour like most people think he deserves

nate2usmc
08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
if they can stay healthy. i don't see why not. I think if they open up the offense a little more instead of this ISO offense that we are hearing about. I'm sure Melo can step up his game but its hard without shooters waiting in the wings. Just can't be Novak spotting up. Its simple. ISO players need shooters around.

but i'll add my 2 cents: Melo sucks HAHAHAHAHA. Until Melo gets out of the first round and wins a few more series by himself like real superstars do, everyone here cept Melo and Knicks fans are going to doubt him. More people respect Lebron (i guess?) cuz of what he did in the playoffs. I'm sure Melo will get the same treatment if he gets a chip. or gets into the ECF a couple of times.

Umm Denver? What other superstar did he have there? I guess the Big 3's rings don't really count cuz they didn't do it like real superstars?

I completely agree with the rest of your post though :hi5:

PhillySportFan
08-03-2012, 08:55 AM
The Knicks are like the Cowboys, got talent but all hype, every year.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Umm Denver? What other superstar did he have there? I guess the Big 3's rings don't really count cuz they didn't do it like real superstars?

I completely agree with the rest of your post though :hi5:

i mean get out and win a few more rounds of playoff basketball. but the way Melo's teams have played and he has played, getting out of the first round that one time is more like outlier nowadays LOL

and Lebron did play like a superstar. he basically willed that team to the championship with Wade's subpar performance and Bosh being injured.

we need to see a more efficient Melo who will do almost anything to win every game. and thats just the first round LOL

c.c.
08-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Nope....sorry Knicks fans

IIISSKiLL
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
All you showed was that he had 1 bad game, that 1 bad game killed his %, but i'll take the other 3 games any day.

game one was pretty horrible too but i guess you ignored it

IIISSKiLL
08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Knicks have looked GREAT on paper every year for the past 3 years but it's ALWAYS a let down.. Knick fans get let down every single year but they need to blame themselfs

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
They still need someone to run the show over there.

Quietmoney
08-03-2012, 09:21 AM

That's the first time I seen a poster trol there own self. :crazy:

Quietmoney
08-03-2012, 09:23 AM

but i'll add my 2 cents: Melo sucks HAHAHAHAHA. Until Melo gets out of the first round and wins a few more series by himself like real superstars (is he one? i don't know anymore) do, everyone here cept Melo and Knicks fans are going to doubt him. More people respect Lebron (i guess?) cuz of what he did in the playoffs. I'm sure Melo will get the same treatment if he gets a chip. or gets into the ECF a couple of times.

we all know he's a great player, even the ones that say they hate him, but at the end of the day- if you haven't won anything significant or progressed towards the championship each year - then he doesn't deserve the huzzah and glamour like most people think he deserves

Well put and I accept :clap:

Quietmoney
08-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Nope....sorry Knicks fans

Hey.... I really liked Lin and wanted to keep the guy, but man... It's gonna be a long time before Houston is talked about on any levels of truly competing for anything :facepalm:

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Melo is just to fat to win a 7 game series.

That's why his Playoff record sucks.

nate2usmc
08-03-2012, 09:47 AM
i mean get out and win a few more rounds of playoff basketball. but the way Melo's teams have played and he has played, getting out of the first round that one time is more like outlier nowadays LOL

and Lebron did play like a superstar. he basically willed that team to the championship with Wade's subpar performance and Bosh being injured.

we need to see a more efficient Melo who will do almost anything to win every game. and thats just the first round LOL

Agreed :sigh:

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Melo is just to fat to win a 7 game series.

That's why his Playoff record sucks.

that's a funny statement looking at the fat *** kid in your sig and the fat *** zach randolph playing.

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
that's a funny statement looking at the fat *** kid in your sig and the fat *** zach randolph playing.

Zach Randolph is a Power Foward is good to be fat in that position.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Zach Randolph is a Power Foward is good to be fat in that position.

every time i see that kid in your sig i think he is missing half his arm....

Slimsim
08-03-2012, 10:17 AM
we go as far as shump can take us

LongIslandIcedZ
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Melo is a better power forward than Zach Randolph lol

Da Knicks
08-03-2012, 10:20 AM

This :clap: this is what everyone wants to hear or see posted about the knicks. Lets see what they do with a training camp and real pg's on the roster with a coach that preaches defense.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 10:26 AM
This :clap: this is what everyone wants to hear or see posted about the knicks. Lets see what they do with a training camp and real pg's on the roster with a coach that preaches defense.

lol at the dude you quoted in your sig, he's a top 5 player in the nba. They will be much better also, with a semi good pg that's not chuck first. This training camp is essential for amare's chemistry with the team. I think he'll play much better this year along with melo. Also, knicks have like every game on tv(most exciting team of course) so the haters have no excuse for their ignorance anymore.

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 10:34 AM
lol at the dude you quoted in your sig, he's a top 5 player in the nba. They will be much better also, with a semi good pg that's not chuck first. This training camp is essential for amare's chemistry with the team. I think he'll play much better this year along with melo. Also, knicks have like every game on tv(most exciting team of course) so the haters have no excuse for their ignorance anymore.:speechless:

Dankster
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Interesting thread and interesting responses.

Any true Knicks fan who actually watches this team on a day to day basis knows what our ceiling/potential is. Our major issue was injuries last year, and granted almost every team was mired by injuries (can't get away from that,) but we had such volatility at the PG position all year long aside from Lin's brief period of success. It forced the team to play more isolation basketball because there was absolutely no one that could orchestrate/execute plays from the PG position.

Lin injured himself, Baron came back way too early from his injury, Toney Douglas is an abomination, and Bibby, was, well, Mike Bibby. Massive upgrades have been made to the bench and now the team will thrive with adequate PG play by having Felton/Kidd/Prigioni covering that position for us.

I'd be shocked if the team wasn't in the top 4 of the EC standings, and truthfully I think a 3rd seed is what they should be shooting for realistically. This team has more talent than everyone in the East not named Miami or Boston. 50+ wins and a 3rd seed is my pragmatic outlook for the Knicks.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
The Knicks are like the Cowboys, got talent but all hype, every year.

Totally agree with this. They were suppose to be back to years ago, no?

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I read melo a top 3-5 player and I :facepalm: for 25 mins. Are you kidding, My favorite player but he is 12-15 after last year. I think we are going to see some a way better year this year

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I read melo a top 3-5 player and I :facepalm: for 25 mins. Are you kidding, My favorite player but he is 12-15 after last year. I think we are going to see some a way better year this year

I'll be :facepalm::facepalm: 10x your amount of facepalming. What a horrific statement. think you got wade confused with melo right there though so you get a pass.

Da Knicks
08-03-2012, 10:55 AM
lol at the dude you quoted in your sig, he's a top 5 player in the nba. They will be much better also, with a semi good pg that's not chuck first. This training camp is essential for amare's chemistry with the team. I think he'll play much better this year along with melo. Also, knicks have like every game on tv(most exciting team of course) so the haters have no excuse for their ignorance anymore.

Yeah, some of the guys in here are pretty smart when it comes to numbers and stats but only use the criteria for certian players. When Kobe comes into the picture they completely disregard the numbers because well they dont match. The other ones that dislike melo are either Heat fans or just simply hate Melo...

selassi3
08-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Coming from a Raptor fan, I honestly believe New York can do damage this year...
with Melo and Chandler coming off a GOLD Medal, healthy Amare, I like how Grunwald has put together a pretty decent off season, and if anyone dares to bring up Jermy Lin as the biggest disappointment that dude was overrated and isn't ready to lead a team of that calibre at least not yet, maybe in 2 or 3 years and the Knicks are ready to WIN NOW not LATER

- JKIDD in a 7 game series, don't sleep, that's all.

- FELTON hate on his weight and lack thereof his play AFTER being traded but last time I checked you can loose weight and b4 being traded he was puttin up 17 and 9 a game.

- SHUMPERT probably will be along with Avery Bradley and yes I said Avery Bradley and that dude for Chi town Jimmy Butler will be one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

- BREWER I like this addition, can guard his position, nice IQ playing in a controlled system and he can attack the rim.

- CHANDLER, Defensive Player of the Year nuff said.

- MELO, just watch after this gold medal how he goes off next year.

- CAMBY now fk what everyone says OLD man, grandpa, he should retire...I've been playing fantasy basketball every season for the last 3 years and each year Camby is up there with BLOCKS,and REBOUND some riduculous games and quite frankly that's all the Knicks need him to do.

- KURT THOMAS, i'm not even gonna say anything lol

- JR SMITH, if he plays his role and listens to coach why wouldn't you want him.

Knicks21
08-03-2012, 11:09 AM
We have the tools to grind with any team in the league.

nycericanguy
08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
^ and throw in Novak who was the best shooter in the NBA last year.

Knicks have a serious chance this year for the first time in over a decade.

Might not be on MIA or OKC level, but they are on that next tier level of teams that can make a run if things go right, sort of like DAL 2 years ago.

Actually Knicks have a couple of key DAL components from the team that beat MIA, and they are very comparable to that DAL team.

Their bench is going to win alot of games.

Kidd
JR
Brewer/Novak
Thomas
Camby

YoungOne
08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I thought that was 2 years ago?

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Coming from a Raptor fan, I honestly believe New York can do damage this year...
with Melo and Chandler coming off a GOLD Medal, healthy Amare, I like how Grunwald has put together a pretty decent off season, and if anyone dares to bring up Jermy Lin as the biggest disappointment that dude was overrated and isn't ready to lead a team of that calibre at least not yet, maybe in 2 or 3 years and the Knicks are ready to WIN NOW not LATER

- JKIDD in a 7 game series, don't sleep, that's all.

- FELTON hate on his weight and lack thereof his play AFTER being traded but last time I checked you can loose weight and b4 being traded he was puttin up 17 and 9 a game.

- SHUMPERT probably will be along with Avery Bradley and yes I said Avery Bradley and that dude for Chi town Jimmy Butler will be one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

- BREWER I like this addition, can guard his position, nice IQ playing in a controlled system and he can attack the rim.

- CHANDLER, Defensive Player of the Year nuff said.

- MELO, just watch after this gold medal how he goes off next year.

- CAMBY now fk what everyone says OLD man, grandpa, he should retire...I've been playing fantasy basketball every season for the last 3 years and each year Camby is up there with BLOCKS,and REBOUND some riduculous games and quite frankly that's all the Knicks need him to do.

- KURT THOMAS, i'm not even gonna say anything lol

- JR SMITH, if he plays his role and listens to coach why wouldn't you want him.

That was a while ago, at the end he was chucking. Um you can't count on shump coming back healthy. Camby is a very good rebounder, I agree with Melo. You didn't name amare? Kurt thomas can still play D for 10 mins a game maybe lol. Jr smith has never listened to his coach what makes you think he is going to start now. We have a scary team if healthy and if they mesh.

Weezy
08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Depends....its all about team chemistry, a full training camp and actually sticking with one team at the same time and being healthy as a squad. Regardless, we can do some damage is we click.

Being healthy is one thing I am worried about, the team isn't that young either for this upcoming season so it might be an issue. To top it all off, Shumpert coming back in full form. He is a very important piece to the puzzle.

rhymeratic
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Honest answer... they have a dangerous mix of veteran talent that all could finally hit the wall of too old to be a factor. I still don't like make up of team with Amare's presence. I think the max for this team will be Eastern Conference Finals but we will lose to the Heat if that is our opponent. Anyone else and it's a toss up but we'd still lose in the Finals to just about any team out West. And this is a true Knicks fan talking here.

rkelly7
08-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Most definitely! They resigned that Jeremy Lin guy, definitely going to at least the NBA finals. :rolleyes:

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 11:52 AM
^ and throw in Novak who was the best shooter in the NBA last year.

Knicks have a serious chance this year for the first time in over a decade.

Might not be on MIA or OKC level, but they are on that next tier level of teams that can make a run if things go right, sort of like DAL 2 years ago.

Actually Knicks have a couple of key DAL components from the team that beat MIA, and they are very comparable to that DAL team.

Their bench is going to win alot of games.

Kidd --> yea the guy is 40 years old - factor for like 10-15 minutes.
JR --> doesn't listen to coaches and is a chucker - extremely talented but he is a bonehead half the time
Brewer/Novak --> only good if Melo or Amare passes to them. Team chemistry needed for these guys to be utilized
Thomas --> 41 years old? yea no - no factor
Camby --> 38 years old? serviceable but if you're counting on him to anchor the team defence every night when Chandler is off the floor - don't be amused with a great chance of injury on the horizon, esp with his age.

Right now, their bench is STILL suspect due to the age factor. Brewer isn't going surprise you by scoring a bunch nor is Novak.

Felton has somewhat tapered off in his career and his numbers won't get better on this team. expect 12ppg, 7apg, 2rpg.

Right now, those players are just brand name players without the brand name quality (the old guys)

I know you're being optimistic but i'm being realistic --> this is a very short term window for this current team. 1-2 years max with the current bunch.

blob50192
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I hope, i really do, Obviously the bencher is better then ever the Knicks are pretty much bench mob this year, and Melo's awesoeme, Chandler is a top 5 defender in the NBA, I wish Stat could bounce, but he's still a pretty good scorer and rebounder, you could expect maybe 17 points and 7 rebounds, Felton will be better then expected, he'll gett many assists, around 8 or 9 per game, thats good there just misiing one peice, one more peice to the puzzle, and the knicks could be great.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
This is the year Melo steps up and becomes a true leader,he will lead NY to the ECF.The Knicks are to talented a team to be a 1rd exit every year.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 12:09 PM
This is the year Melo steps up and becomes a true leader,he will lead NY to the ECF.The Knicks are to talented a team to be a 1rd exit every year.

Agree, thats why i think they can get to the 2nd round this season, but i cant see them beating miami or boston. If NY gets the 4th seed, they will lose in the 2nd round.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I like their chances against anyone other than Miami. If somehow, someway Miami can lose early, or have like an injury riddled season where they suck, I can see the Knicks maybe winning the championship.

Unfortunately, Lebron doesnt get hurt. And as long as Lebron stays healthy, the Heat will be fine.

KnickaBocka.44
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Agree, thats why i think they can get to the 2nd round this season, but i cant see them beating miami or boston. If NY gets the 4th seed, they will lose in the 2nd round.

This is ridiculous.

Injuries happen all the time and you can't assume that Boston, considering the age of their key players, and he rest of the teams, including the Knicks, won't suffer form them. To speculate on them getting knocked out based on their seed, without any games played is just unfounded.

Stinkyoutsider
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Melo isn't the problem with the Knicks. They need a point guard who's pass first and is a leader. I would like to say this is Jason Kidd but he's 39. They can't rely on him to run the offense.

They've got to find a strategy on the offensive side of the ball that can translate to getting Stoudemire and Anthony the ball in good positions to score. Knicks need to invest heavily in the pick and roll. Anthony is a solid ball handler and passer so I would even run the pick and roll with him being the ball handler and Stoudemire picking. So many scoring options there because they can both shoot, get to the basket, and find open players...

sharqstealth
08-03-2012, 12:28 PM

True. But you don't make 10 triples, and 37pts in only 14 minutes that easily regardless who your opponent is. He looks in great shape, and I hope that doesn't make you hate him more... because let's be honest there's still a lot of work to do to exceed expectations, but getting in shape would be a nice start...

nycericanguy
08-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Right now, their bench is STILL suspect due to the age factor. Brewer isn't going surprise you by scoring a bunch nor is Novak.

Felton has somewhat tapered off in his career and his numbers won't get better on this team. expect 12ppg, 7apg, 2rpg.

Right now, those players are just brand name players without the brand name quality (the old guys)

I know you're being optimistic but i'm being realistic --> this is a very short term window for this current team. 1-2 years max with the current bunch.

Kidd has averaged close to 30 mpg the last 2 years and was the starting PG on the title team. He plays almost 40mpg in the playoffs the last 2 years. Now because he's on NY he's only a 10mpg player? Give me a break.

Brewer doesn't need to score, he's a defender, but he did average 12ppg on 53% his last 3 years on a very good UTAH team before going to CHI.

Novak can absolutely score, 9ppg in about 20mpg is VERY good. Best 3 point shooter in the NBA last year... not sure what the issue with him is. Did you not see him & JR last year? They had great chemistry in the 2nd unit and played well together.

Guys are playing longer now, Kidd & Nash are in incredible shape. Camby was one of the best rebounders, if not the best rebounder in the NBA last year, and one of the best shotblockers. Why would he get injured backing up Chandler? Thats only 15mpg. He's played MUCH longer than that the past 2 years.

Thomas I agree is a 10-15mpg player at this point, and probably a non factor.

Yes the window is short, but we are talking about NEXT year are we not?

I'm as realistic as they get... but you're going way out of your way to shortchange players on the roster.

Da Knicks
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
The East comes down to three teams imo Heat, Knicks, Celtics.

I like the chances, Boston with Kg and Pierce on a full 82 game season is going to wear them down.

Miami yes they have Lebron but he also has had so many deep runs in the playoffs and the series against Dallas he did look tired. I also said last year was the best chance they had to win a chip with a team with no center. The 82 games will effect the play and with them having to rely on outside shooting tired legs will be key.

I would not be shocked if Knicks came out from the east if they stay healthy themselves. To win in the Nba teams have to be good but they also have to be very lucky. Miami and Okc caught a break last year with a short shedule and many teams having new faces and no training camp plus injuries. I think that * season was a blessing for both of those teams, a full 82 game season is not the same on players who are shooters and players who rely on athlesism to get by. Tired legs will be the key and depth will play a big part, hopefully the knicks old guys on the bench dont have to log too many minutes.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
The East comes down to three teams imo Heat, Knicks, Celtics.

I like the chances, Boston with Kg and Pierce on a full 82 game season is going to wear them down.

Miami yes they have Lebron but he also has had so many deep runs in the playoffs and the series against Dallas he did look tired. I also said last year was the best chance they had to win a chip with a team with no center. The 82 games will effect the play and with them having to rely on outside shooting tired legs will be key.

I would not be shocked if Knicks came out from the east if they stay healthy themselves. To win in the Nba teams have to be good but they also have to be very lucky. Miami and Okc caught a break last year with a short shedule and many teams having new faces and no training camp plus injuries. I think that * season was a blessing for both of those teams, a full 82 game season is not the same on players who are shooters and players who rely on athlesism to get by. Tired legs will be the key and depth will play a big part, hopefully the knicks old guys on the bench dont have to log too many minutes.

Miami will be even better than last year. Healthy wade, ray allen, lebron knows what it takes to win. Would be a major upset if someone else represented the east in the finals. The one team that poses the biggest threat to miami is boston.

True. But you don't make 10 triples, and 37pts in only 14 minutes that easily regardless who your opponent is. He looks in great shape, and I hope that doesn't make you hate him more... because let's be honest there's still a lot of work to do to exceed expectations, but getting in shape would be a nice start...
You don't think a player like ray allen could hit all those wide open shots?

Dankster
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Kidd has averaged close to 30 mpg the last 2 years and was the starting PG on the title team. He plays almost 40mpg in the playoffs the last 2 years. Now because he's on NY he's only a 10mpg player? Give me a break.

Brewer doesn't need to score, he's a defender, but he did average 12ppg on 53% his last 3 years on a very good UTAH team before going to CHI.

Novak can absolutely score, 9ppg in about 20mpg is VERY good. Best 3 point shooter in the NBA last year... not sure what the issue with him is. Did you not see him & JR last year? They had great chemistry in the 2nd unit and played well together.

Guys are playing longer now, Kidd & Nash are in incredible shape. Camby was one of the best rebounders, if not the best rebounder in the NBA last year, and one of the best shotblockers. Why would he get injured backing up Chandler? Thats only 15mpg. He's played MUCH longer than that the past 2 years.

I'm as realistic as they get... but you're going way out of your way to shortchange players on the roster.

IMO picking up Camby this offseason was the most critical move we made. Marcus the past 3 years has been the best rebounder in the league per 36 minutes. His rebounding rate in 2010 was 1st, 2011 was 2nd (behind Howard,) and this past year once again he led the league. His DRR has hovered around 33-35 in those seasons, elite #'s as well.

This teams 2 major issues are defensive rebounding and the PG position. We brought in 3 PG's who should perform well enough and we covered up our backup big issue by bringing in the best defensive rebounder in the league. I love tyson, but he's not that dominant on the defensive glass (he's more effective with his offensive rebounding when he slaps the ball out to the perimeter.)

I don't see age being that big of an issue when Camby shouldn't see more than 25 minutes per game. he's averaged 31, 26 and 23 mpg the past 3 years, so I expect close to double digit rebounds nightly from him no question.

nycericanguy
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
IMO picking up Camby this offseason was the most critical move we made. Marcus the past 3 years has been the best rebounder in the league per 36 minutes. His rebounding rate in 2010 was 1st, 2011 was 2nd (behind Howard,) and this past year once again he led the league. His DRR has hovered around 33-35 in those seasons, elite #'s as well.

This teams 2 major issues are defensive rebounding and the PG position. We brought in 3 PG's who should perform well enough and we covered up our backup big issue by bringing in the best defensive rebounder in the league. I love tyson, but he's not that dominant on the defensive glass (he's more effective with his offensive rebounding when he slaps the ball out to the perimeter.)

I don't see age being that big of an issue when Camby shouldn't see more than 25 minutes per game. he's averaged 31, 26 and 23 mpg the past 3 years, so I expect close to double digit rebounds nightly from him no question.

I think Tyson could get more rebounds, but he's very good at putting a body on guys. Complete opposite to David Lee who wants every rebound and doesn't worry about boxing out. He allowed Amare to average 8rpg last year, same as the prior year, despite playing significantly less minutes.

I'm not too worried about defensive rebounding, we also have one of the better rebounding SF's in the NBA. Between Chandler/Amare/Melo you have 23-27rpg easy.

NY's biggest weakness is probably a true SG.

backup PF i'm not too worried about either, because Melo plays the 4 very well and can play there 10-15mpg and you can slide in Novak or Brewer at SF.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 01:43 PM

please, if we're going to be talking about breakout year, that means sustainable success the next few years because thats what you call breakout. this team is one and done and the future is suspect at best.

Kidd at best now is a spot up shooter. his body can't handle the grind of a 82 game season. 6p, 5a, 4r per- which is decent, but that ain't going to help the secondaries with anything.

like i said, not short changing anything considering all the factors like age - you still think its like 2011-2012- one year later in those upper 30s and low 40s- you never know what you're going to get. Kidd showed his age last year and will continue to do so. Camby is always injured. Kurt Thomas is just old. Its one more year added to their total. it makes a big difference.

That Knicks starting line up is going to be heavily relied on with moving parts (like Kidd Camby and Thomas) and probably come playoff time- won't be relying on them too much.

you're believing that no injuries will hit and thats fools gold, esp with age.

nycericanguy
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
please, if we're going to be talking about breakout year, that means sustainable success the next few years because thats what you call breakout. this team is one and done and the future is suspect at best.

Kidd at best now is a spot up shooter. his body can't handle the grind of a 82 game season. 6p, 5a, 4r per- which is decent, but that ain't going to help the secondaries with anything.

like i said, not short changing anything considering all the factors like age - you still think its like 2011-2012- one year later in those upper 30s and low 40s- you never know what you're going to get. Kidd showed his age last year and will continue to do so. Camby is always injured. Kurt Thomas is just old. Its one more year added to their total. it makes a big difference.

That Knicks starting line up is going to be heavily relied on with moving parts (like Kidd Camby and Thomas) and probably come playoff time- won't be relying on them too much.

you're believing that no injuries will hit and thats fools gold, esp with age.

where did I say that? Of course injuries will hit... they hit every team every year in every sport!...lol.

But NY is legit 10 deep this year, thats depth they didn't have last year.

And this thread specifically asks about NEXT year, not 2014...2015...etc..

Come 2015 Knicks will reload and rebuild around a resigned Melo, Shump, Novak and picks.

Their core and starting lineup is not old, all under 30.

Felton - 28
Shump - 22
Melo - 28
Amare - 29
Chandler 29

Take it further

Brewer - 27
Novak - 29
JR - 26

Your basically picking at their 2 old vets Kidd & Camby, but at the end of the day they are still very productive players and won't be counted on for more than 20-25mpg. I can tell you just about every team would love to have a Kidd & Camby coming off the bench. Stockton played and was effective til 42, Nash is still an elite PG at 38. These are guys that rely on IQ, not athleticism.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
where did I say that? Of course injuries will hit... they hit every team every year in every sport!...lol.

But NY is legit 10 deep this year, thats depth they didn't have last year.

And this thread specifically asks about NEXT year, not 2014...2015...etc..

Come 2015 Knicks will reload and rebuild around a resigned Melo, Shump, Novak and picks.

Their core and starting lineup is not old, all under 30.

Felton - 28
Shump - 22
Melo - 28
Amare - 29
Chandler 29

Take it further

Brewer - 27
Novak - 29
JR - 26

Your basically picking at their 2 old vets Kidd & Camby, but at the end of the day they are still very productive players and won't be counted on for more than 20-25mpg. I can tell you just about every team would love to have a Kidd & Camby coming off the bench.

i'm talking about injuries are more likely at their age. am I not right? I was just talking about their bench. the starting line up is good enough to get them in the playoffs but is the team that good? Kidd played horrible last year- i don't know how he will play better than last year and he's your main wing player other than JR Smith. Camby has always been injury-riddled so you should be expecting him to be out lol. even 20-25 minutes is a lot in due respect to the pace of the game nowadays in their state. Kidd can't keep anyone in front of him nowadays.

Shump won't be back till next year in 2013. Novak is a one trick pony and is a horrible defender.

The only thing that is going to be good for them is team defence. I'm unsure how far Woodson will get these Knicks as I believe he had a better team in ATL the last few years but hey- miracles can happen.

I just wanna see Nets and Knicks play each other- that'll be entertaining and this forum will explode.

njnets
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Injuries will play a role like every year for every team.

Big questions are chemistry with melo/amare and pg play. Shumpert return also a factor.

If a pg steps up and creates good chemistry, they can advance a round or two. If not, I expect the same results as last year.

There not beating miami or Boston tho IMO.

jam
08-03-2012, 06:40 PM
There are some serious weak links in the knicks' defense. Namely, the entire backcourt, and Amare. Chandler and Camby are likely to be in constant foul trouble, limiting their effectiveness as well.

It really comes down to the knicks' ability to exploit a very weak EC field, and whether or not the team implodes when Carmela's slumps leads his camp to place mines throughout the season for everyone else to step on.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 07:04 PM
lmao the knicks will have a breakout year next year and injuries my foot all those guys who are 40 are back ups and if we do get hit with injuries we can always make a trade for another back up big or just get some body off waivers people always find something to complain about with our team if your going to say camby will get injured what about bston kg is also old as hell and miami won't be as good this year because of lack of size they should have really went after a center instead of ray or lewis but whatever the only thing i see with the knicks that can hold us back is if amare doesn't have a great comeback year then yea we'll be mediocre

Chill_Will_24
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
They already broke out!!!! They won a playoff game!

Finally winning a playoff game in 11 years is a huge leap. People have such high expectations around here :pity:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I doubt they will. I can see them taking a step back. The east is getting interesting. There are quite a few teams that are young and improving.

But it is the offseason. So Knicks fans will be Knicks fans. They will praise the signing of a player like Kidd who has showed the last two seasons that he is a shell of his former self. I liked the Camby signing for depth. If he plays an extended role, I don't see alot of people being happy. Really this seems like the same team as last year, except a decent player in Iman is injured and won't be back right away. And once he is back, who knows how his lateral movement will be, which is key to defense.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Finally winning a playoff game in 11 years is a huge leap. People have such high expectations around here :pity:

and when was the last time the nets even made the playoffs:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ryang
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
lmao the knicks will have a breakout year next year and injuries my foot all those guys who are 40 are back ups and if we do get hit with injuries we can always make a trade for another back up big or just get some body off waivers people always find something to complain about with our team if your going to say camby will get injured what about bston kg is also old as hell and miami won't be as good this year because of lack of size they should have really went after a center instead of ray or lewis but whatever the only thing i see with the knicks that can hold us back is if amare doesn't have a great comeback year then yea we'll be mediocre

Miami will be just as good as they were the past 2 seasons.. Back 2 back eastern conf champs and a title with no center.. Bosh played better at center in the playoffs then anybody we could have signed for 3 mill a year.. Ray allen fits better then you want to beleive..

Punk
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
i'm talking about injuries are more likely at their age. am I not right?

You're not wrong but Jason Kidd has been pretty durable as a starter for most of his time in Dallas at his age. He had a few more injuries this past season but that was due to the lockout, IMO. He had a bad stat year but his defense on Westbrook was terrific and was why the Thunder did not blow them out in all 4 games.

Prigoni has never sustained any long term injuries through his career yet. Worst thing he's gotten now is Kidney Stones, lol.

Marcus Camby is an injury prone player but he's not starting anymore. So, I doubt injuries should be a major factor if these guys are having less to do.

Besides, the Knicks are still looking to add pieces so our backups might have backups.

I was just talking about their bench. the starting line up is good enough to get them in the playoffs but is the team that good? Kidd played horrible last year- i don't know how he will play better than last year and he's your main wing player other than JR Smith. Camby has always been injury-riddled so you should be expecting him to be out lol. even 20-25 minutes is a lot in due respect to the pace of the game nowadays in their state. Kidd can't keep anyone in front of him nowadays.

Umm...Ronnie Brewer?

Shump won't be back till next year in 2013. Novak is a one trick pony and is a horrible defender.

He won't be back until January. This upcoming January.

The only thing that is going to be good for them is team defence. I'm unsure how far Woodson will get these Knicks as I believe he had a better team in ATL the last few years but hey- miracles can happen.
LOL

I stopped reading.

Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Zaza, or Felton, Shumpert, Carmelo, Amare, Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer....

Woodson's first coaching gig in Atlanta? They won 24 games in a 82 game season. Woodson's first coaching gig in NYK? They won 18 games in 24 games.

Obviously the Hawks were clearly better.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
You're not wrong but Jason Kidd has been pretty durable as a starter for most of his time in Dallas at his age. He had a few more injuries this past season but that was due to the lockout, IMO. He had a bad stat year but his defense on Westbrook was terrific and was why the Thunder did not blow them out in all 4 games.

Prigoni has never sustained any long term injuries through his career yet. Worst thing he's gotten now is Kidney Stones, lol.

Marcus Camby is an injury prone player but he's not starting anymore. So, I doubt injuries should be a major factor if these guys are having less to do.

Besides, the Knicks are still looking to add pieces so our backups might have backups.

Umm...Ronnie Brewer?

He won't be back until January. This upcoming January.

LOL

I stopped reading.

Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Zaza, or Felton, Shumpert, Carmelo, Amare, Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer....

Woodson's first coaching gig in Atlanta? They won 24 games in a 82 game season. Woodson's first coaching gig in NYK? They won 18 games in 24 games.

Obviously the Hawks were clearly better.

Hawks at least won playoff series. Knicks haven't done anything to warrant they would do so next year esp with Melo. They got knocked out in 5 games when people here were delusional that they had a chance. Its obvious that Knicks fans were delusional in that last playoff series and pretty much homers. Just like you are pumping them up like it as 2010 or sooner. Camby will make big difference, Kidd will make a big difference. And if you say that Ronnie Brewer is your main wing guy off the bench- :facepalm: thats how sad you've come to the realization that you are actually saying that LOL

are you really comparing prime ATL era with Knicks current roster?!?!?!? with Jamal Crawford off the ATL bench? ATL EASILY.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Miami will be just as good as they were the past 2 seasons.. Back 2 back eastern conf champs and a title with no center.. Bosh played better at center in the playoffs then anybody we could have signed for 3 mill a year.. Ray allen fits better then you want to beleive..

im not saying the heat will suck next year but come on bro they almost lost to the celtics and pacers because kg and hibbert was killing them if the knicks get it together next year i can see us knocking off the champs because now we have the most size in the east and that's the heats biggest weakness and lets not act like ray allen played good last year and r lewis sux so i really don't see how they improved from last year but i still think they come out the east i just wouldn't be surprised if they get knocked out tho because instead of them going after kaman or camby they went for the sexy name which might just backfire on them

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Hawks at least won playoff series. Knicks haven't done anything to warrant they would do so next year esp with Melo. They got knocked out in 5 games when people here were delusional that they had a chance. Its obvious that Knicks fans were delusional in that last playoff series and pretty much homers. Just like you are pumping them up like it as 2010 or sooner. Camby will make big difference, Kidd will make a big difference. And if you say that Ronnie Brewer is your main wing guy off the bench- :facepalm: thats how sad you've come to the realization that you are actually saying that LOL

are you really comparing prime ATL era with Knicks current roster?!?!?!? with Jamal Crawford off the ATL bench? ATL EASILY.

that must be some good crack you on homie atl didn't play teams like miami and boston when they won series and they were never hit with injuries like us so before you post more bs stop putting your foot in your mouth:facepalm:

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
im not saying the heat will suck next year but come on bro they almost lost to the celtics and pacers because kg and hibbert was killing them if the knicks get it together next year i can see us knocking off the champs because now we have the most size in the east and that's the heats biggest weakness and lets not act like ray allen played good last year and r lewis sux so i really don't see how they improved from last year but i still think they come out the east i just wouldn't be surprised if they get knocked out tho because instead of them going after kaman or camby they went for the sexy name which might just backfire on them

almost losing is not losing at all.
you already have an example of what happened last year.

so what is it- you think they will come out but you won't be surprised if they get knocked out? oxymoron-ic no?

LA_Raiders
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM
i hope so, i would like to see a LA vs NY finals...

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Yes they struggled against the Celtics and Indiana. Why was that again? What did those two series have in common? Oh that is right, Bosh was out! An integral part of the defense wasn't on the floor. Knicks fans talk about losing Iman, I promise you that is nothing compared to losing Bosh. When Bosh came back the paint was sealed off to oponents. Ask Boston (game 6/7) and OKC.

Ray Allen played extremely well last year, while being injured. He is not going to be asked to play extended minutes. Just stand in the corner and hit a couple threes when the big 3 are sitting on the bench resting. Keep the game close, that was a weakness this past year was giving up early leads because the bench failed to produce points. Same reason Lewis was added. We are not looking for 10-15 from him we are looking for 5-7 in low minutes to spell the big 3.

And why in the hell would they want Camby, they have enough old big men that do nothing. Kaman was a blow but I don't think it was even possible.

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:39 PM
that must be some good crack you on homie atl didn't play teams like miami and boston when they won series and they were never hit with injuries like us so before you post more bs stop putting your foot in your mouth:facepalm:

buahaha its comparing apples and oranges. every team makes adjusments over the course of time to prepare themselves for what other teams are doing. If thats the case. Are you going to make excuses when the Knicks get knocked out by a non Miami or Boston team? and this pretty much guarantees you have an excuse on my the Knicks lose. i'm glad you got your *** covered on this one.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:46 PM
buahaha its comparing apples and oranges. every team makes adjusments over the course of time to prepare themselves for what other teams are doing. If thats the case. Are you going to make excuses when the Knicks get knocked out by a non Miami or Boston team? and this pretty much guarantees you have an excuse on my the Knicks lose. i'm glad you got your *** covered on this one.

No you be an idiot son. No team got hit by injuries besides the Knicks! WE lost a guy that we now claim is overrated and a bench player.

-Knicks fan

koreancabbage
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
No you be an idiot son. No team got hit by injuries besides the Knicks! WE lost a guy that we now claim is overrated and a bench player.

-Knicks fan

can't tell if sarcastic.

I was talking about comparing ATL prime roster and Knicks current rosters. The other poster was talking about there were no super teams back then. but yea nice try

ryang
08-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Bosh was out..

Ray shot the highest shooting % of his career.. I agree he didnt play great but he had his surgery and he plays for a team that will give him nothing but open looks..

Kaman or camby? Id rather bosh play center.. Kaman is overrated and injury prone.. Camby is useless on the offensive end and old.. Id take bosh over them any day.. We have stuck with small ball and it deleivered a title..

We went after ray because he fits our style of play far better then anyone you have named.. Ray allen will have a huge year...

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 08:56 PM
can't tell if sarcastic.

I was talking about comparing ATL prime roster and Knicks current rosters. The other poster was talking about there were no super teams back then. but yea nice try

yes very much sarcasm

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:25 PM
almost losing is not losing at all.
you already have an example of what happened last year.

so what is it- you think they will come out but you won't be surprised if they get knocked out? oxymoron-ic no?

lmao i said i think they come out of the east BUT if another team knocks them out i wouldn't be surprised

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes they struggled against the Celtics and Indiana. Why was that again? What did those two series have in common? Oh that is right, Bosh was out! An integral part of the defense wasn't on the floor. Knicks fans talk about losing Iman, I promise you that is nothing compared to losing Bosh. When Bosh came back the paint was sealed off to oponents. Ask Boston (game 6/7) and OKC.

Ray Allen played extremely well last year, while being injured. He is not going to be asked to play extended minutes. Just stand in the corner and hit a couple threes when the big 3 are sitting on the bench resting. Keep the game close, that was a weakness this past year was giving up early leads because the bench failed to produce points. Same reason Lewis was added. We are not looking for 10-15 from him we are looking for 5-7 in low minutes to spell the big 3.

And why in the hell would they want Camby, they have enough old big men that do nothing. Kaman was a blow but I don't think it was even possible.
so let me get this straight bosh is now this great defensive stopper:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh: i'm sorry you get a couple more:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ryang
08-03-2012, 09:33 PM
so let me get this straight bosh is now this great defensive stopper:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh: i'm sorry you get a couple more:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Did you watch the finals? He was pretty good defensively.. But my point was when he was out k.g. was free to rome and be a help defender..when he came back that ended quick.. When he pulls chandler out of the paint youll see the difference he makes just like last years playoffs.. or leave him open out there and let him shoot.. He is a better defender then anybody we could have signed for 3 mill a year..

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:35 PM

i can see your speacial we just didn't get hit with injuries but dam near our whole team was out except melo chandler thats just like if we played the heat and wade and bosh was out or the celtics without kg and pierce what point are you trying to make and nobody called miami a super team or boston its just that the hawks under woodson never played a top 2 team and advanced thank you boss go reseasrch what happend to the knicks last year before you post anymore bs:clap:

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 09:38 PM

:jumpy:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 09:39 PM

Did I say he was the greatest? Nope. I said he was an integral part of their defense. Joel Anthony was allowing Rondo to lob it over his head to Garnett all series, Bosh put a stop to that.

You sir are clueless.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Did you watch the finals? He was pretty good defensively.. But my point was when he was out k.g. was free to rome and be a help defender..when he came back that ended quick.. When he pulls chandler out of the paint youll see the difference he makes just like last years playoffs.. or leave him open out there and let him shoot.. He is a better defender then anybody we could have signed for 3 mill a year..

yo the heat has to have the dumbest fans THE THUNDER DON'T HAVE A INSIDE POST SCORER NOR ARE THEY A DRIVING TEAM OUTSIDE OF WESTBROOK THEY ARE A JUMP SHOOTING TEAM BAD EXAMPLE AND HELLL NO BOSH IS NOT A GREAT INSIDE DEFENSIVE STOPPER:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Did I say he was the greatest? Nope. I said he was an integral part of their defense. Joel Anthony was allowing Rondo to lob it over his head to Garnett all series, Bosh put a stop to that.

You sir are clueless.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: NO HE DIDN'T ALL BOSH DID WAS HIT SOME BIG THREE'S TO PUT THAT CAME AWAY BOSH IS ONLY NEEDED FOR SPACING REASONS JOEL ANTHONY AND EVEN TURIAF ARE FAR BETTER DEFENDERS THEN BOSH :facepalm: JUST GO BACK IN THE BULLS FORUM AND CRY OVER D ROSE AND LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE PLEASE

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 09:45 PM
can we just close all knicks related threads in the nba forum? it would do everyone a favor.

ryang
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
yo the heat has to have the dumbest fans THE THUNDER DON'T HAVE A INSIDE POST SCORER NOR ARE THEY A DRIVING TEAM OUTSIDE OF WESTBROOK THEY ARE A JUMP SHOOTING TEAM BAD EXAMPLE AND HELLL NO BOSH IS NOT A GREAT INSIDE DEFENSIVE STOPPER:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What are you talking about?? He played better defense then camby or kaman is what I said. In the finals he had key blocks and rebounds.. Against your knicks he played chandler just fine.. Your starting to take this to serious.. Bosh ended all the lobs rando was throwing.. He was a huge part of the nba champions defense.. What are you on bro? If you think camby is a better option at center then bosh then you shouldnt be making fun of heat fans opinions.. Good luck this year but we are a better team and bosh will do just fine against chandler like he did all of last year.. If your the example for knick fans then you have the dumbest fan base period..

You started out responding normal.. Then you started throwing names out there.. Beer catch up with you? He is a spacer but stepped up on d in a major way this year

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
can we just close all knicks related threads in the nba forum? it would do everyone a favor.

If we did that then what are the trolls suppose to do :shrug:

NYsFinest
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
People can argue all they want but....

I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't get homecourt advantage this year.

ryang
08-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Well I wasnt one of them considering I said you would have a breakout year.. In the meantime stop throwing b.s. out there.. If you watched the playoffs last year you would have seen bosh's impact on D.. Or did you not watch since we knocked you out? I agree he is not some animal on D but he handled every center he faced.. If those centers suck then it just shows how little the center position really means today considering the eastern conf championship and finals had no good centers playing in them.. Watch his games against chandler.. He did a great job and even outplayed him in a couple games.. Oh just so your not confused chandler > bosh at the center spot..

ryang
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
People can argue all they want but....

I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't get homecourt advantage this year.

Dam.. Over miami??

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 10:01 PM

well, you can go to the knicks forum..

Metsboi69
08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Dam.. Over miami??

I'm sure he meant in the first round.. at least im pretty sure.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:07 PM
What are you talking about?? He played better defense then camby or kaman is what I said. In the finals he had key blocks and rebounds.. Against your knicks he played chandler just fine.. Your starting to take this to serious.. Bosh ended all the lobs rando was throwing.. He was a huge part of the nba champions defense.. What are you on bro? If you think camby is a better option at center then bosh then you shouldnt be making fun of heat fans opinions.. Good luck this year but we are a better team and bosh will do just fine against chandler like he did all of last year.. If your the example for knick fans then you have the dumbest fan base period..

You started out responding normal.. Then you started throwing names out there.. Beer catch up with you? He is a spacer but stepped up on d in a major way this year

first off chandler sucks at offense genius what are you 5 everybody knows this:facepalm:
2nd yes bosh isn't horrible at defense but if you guys would of got camby and moved bosh back to the 4 then you guys would be unstoppable atleast on paper
3rd miami actually was very interested in camby idk about kaman but camby actually turned down the heats offer to come to ny:D

knickfan33
08-03-2012, 10:07 PM
mmmmmm.... yes....

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:10 PM
well, you can go to the knicks forum..

hey hey hey now buddy i had good intentions when i entered this thread:D

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: NO HE DIDN'T ALL BOSH DID WAS HIT SOME BIG THREE'S TO PUT THAT CAME AWAY BOSH IS ONLY NEEDED FOR SPACING REASONS JOEL ANTHONY AND EVEN TURIAF ARE FAR BETTER DEFENDERS THEN BOSH :facepalm: JUST GO BACK IN THE BULLS FORUM AND CRY OVER D ROSE AND LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE PLEASE

first off chandler sucks at offense genius what are you 5 everybody knows this:facepalm:
2nd yes bosh isn't horrible at defense but if you guys would of got camby and moved bosh back to the 4 then you guys would be unstoppable atleast on paper
3rd miami actually was very interested in camby idk about kaman but camby actually turned down the heats offer to come to ny:D

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Well I wasnt one of them considering I said you would have a breakout year.. In the meantime stop throwing b.s. out there.. If you watched the playoffs last year you would have seen bosh's impact on D.. Or did you not watch since we knocked you out? I agree he is not some animal on D but he handled every center he faced.. If those centers suck then it just shows how little the center position really means today considering the eastern conf championship and finals had no good centers playing in them.. Watch his games against chandler.. He did a great job and even outplayed him in a couple games.. Oh just so your not confused chandler > bosh at the center spot..

your kinda right finally but what you don't get is bosh got injured playing the 5 and i doubt he can play the 5 for a full 82 games and be a 100 percent for the playoffs but k mart is still out there and wouldbe a great addition for the heat so all hope is not lost even tho i think he comes to the knicks instead to play with melo

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:17 PM

Not a Bulls fan. Nice try troll.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 10:17 PM
both of you, stop trolling :pity:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:19 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: yeah christina bosh is better reigning dpoy yea right you obviously don't know basketball good night ignore my post until you lean what a center is suppose to do

You realize his statment is Chandler is greater than Bosh right.

Or do you not know how to use and understand ><

The side with the mouth is the bigger side. Just think of it as Melo's mouth, he is always looking to eat the greater (bigger) meal. That is why he is doughy.

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:23 PM

So you must be an infant?? Genius there are no good centers in your opinion. In the east we have been unstoppable for 2 years.. Its changed now because we still havent added a center?? So if chandler sucks on offense (no ****) and bosh outplayed him , perkins , k.g. whos left?? As far as camby goes didnt you sign him for 3 mill a year?? We only had the vet min and ill take ray on the heat over camby any day.. Ask pat riley if he agrees.. Camby as my starting center?? No thanks.. ill take bosh and ray over camby at the 5..

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Not a Bulls fan. Nice try troll.

How can a troll call another troll a troll?:crazy:

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

hey buddy your my favorite poster because all your post are always so intellectual:D

LA_Raiders
08-03-2012, 10:26 PM
i hope so, i would like to see a LA vs NY finals...

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:27 PM
So you must be an infant?? Genius there are no good centers in your opinion. In the east we have been unstoppable for 2 years.. Its changed now because we still havent added a center?? So if chandler sucks on offense (no ****) and bosh outplayed him , perkins , k.g. whos left?? As far as camby goes didnt you sign him for 3 mill a year?? We only had the vet min and ill take ray on the heat over camby any day.. Ask pat riley if he agrees.. Camby as my starting center?? No thanks.. ill take bosh and ray over camby at the 5..

:facepalm: i guess dwight howard must not exist in your fantasy world

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:27 PM
hey buddy your my favorite poster because all your post are always so intellectual:D

Redundant. Retry writing the sentence and submit for half credit.

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
your kinda right finally but what you don't get is bosh got injured playing the 5 and i doubt he can play the 5 for a full 82 games and be a 100 percent for the playoffs but k mart is still out there and wouldbe a great addition for the heat so all hope is not lost even tho i think he comes to the knicks instead to play with melo

Bro.. During the regular season joel will play the 5.. Come playoff time bosh will play the 5.. and bosh got hurt going up for a dunk.. Not sure the center spot was the reason for injury.. We don't need kmart and ray allen was the better option.. Camby was going to get a sign and trade but we didnt want to give up joel.. Ill take joels energy and blocking skills over camby anyday and it looks like riley agreed..

Ill21
08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
This thread is a joke

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
The Knicks are a joke

Agreed

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Flatbush trolling the shyt out of this thread.

Keep it going fellas very entertaining.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
How can a troll call another troll a troll?:crazy:

its kinda ironic your commenting on this:facepalm:

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
:facepalm: i guess dwight howard must not exist in your fantasy world

Dwight?? The only center who can handle dwight is chandler.. Why bring up dwight?? the only true center in the league besides bynum. What camby or kaman were gonna help us contain dwight?? Bosh can do a better job (ughhh) on dwight then camby or kaman.. Your going around in circles.. We didnt need either one of those scrubs.. We have joel for the regular season (its worked so far) and bosh will be our center come playoff time..

Ill take ray allens impact come playoff time then sign camby or kaman who wont start over bosh at the 5 come playoff time.. playoffs > regular season

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Flatbush trolling the shyt out of this thread.

Keep it going fellas very entertaining.

what can i say i had a two week hiatus:mad:

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
joel anthony < camby whats your point

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM

I wish the city of New York would just take internet access out of your "hood" as you have put it. Would save everyone in the world a couple brain cells.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:36 PM

Are you sure you are using the >< correct. I know you stuggle with them.

D12 fan
08-03-2012, 10:36 PM

:laugh:You a wild boy.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:37 PM

heat>knicks:p

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:39 PM
heat>knicks:p

No because the HEAT are the cHEAT. Iman was injured and Lin wasn't playing (even though he is garbage now). HEAT got lucky bro.

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Riley disagrees and so do i.. My point is camby would never start a playoff game over bosh at the 5.. So why pass on ray allen to start camby then bench him come playoff time?? for the regular season?? Its dumb.. We will win 50+ games this year.. Playoff time is what counts and when you hear bang over and over again youll understand why we passed on camby..

QueensG_718
08-03-2012, 10:40 PM
this is our year!

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Are you sure you are using the >< correct. I know you stuggle with them.

lmao.. He is drunk.. Or something I hope..

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Riley disagrees and so do i.. My point is camby would never start a playoff game over bosh at the 5.. So why pass on ray allen to start camby then bench him come playoff time?? for the regular season?? Its dumb.. We will win 50+ games this year.. Playoff time is what counts and when you hear bang over and over again youll understand why we passed on camby..

He fails to understand this. Winning a championship is something young Knicks fans cant comprehend. Winninig a playoff game is an accomplishment in their eyes.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:42 PM
lmao.. He is drunk.. Or something I hope..

Nope this is him 24/7. If you are not a Knick you are shyt. He loved Lin up until a couple weeks ago. Don't know what changed his opinion.

QueensG_718
08-03-2012, 10:43 PM
melo will be the MVP next season. book it.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM

No

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM

lmao

knicks=love
:laugh:You a wild boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_J7kEhY9sM

flatbush knicks
No

your right derrick rose is going to be mvp:D

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
your right derrick rose is going to be mvp:D

Still not a Bulls fan. I don't know why you can't figure that out.

ryang
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
He fails to understand this. Winning a championship is something young Knicks fans cant comprehend. Winninig a playoff game is an accomplishment in their eyes.

He makes me laugh tho.. Im waiting for his next statment.. Pure entertainment

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:49 PM

sig bet?

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
sig bet?

**** that real bet. I would give him 100000:1 odds minimum $1000 bet.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Still not a Bulls fan. I don't know why you can't figure that out.

you a liar i saw you in the bulls forum last year all the time conveniently after rose goes down now your not a bulls fan not only are you a troll but you are a very unloyal one :mad:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:53 PM
you a liar i saw you in the bulls forum last year all the time conveniently after rose goes down now your not a bulls fan not only are you a troll but you are a very unloyal one :mad:

hahahaha......I have never been and never will be a Bulls fan. I hate Rose and most of their fan base annoys me. I put up with them for the most part because we have a similar interest in the Bears.

Please find a post by me in the Bulls forum supporting the Bulls. If you do I will eat an uncooked fetus (everybody knows they are better cooked)

SportsAndrew25
08-03-2012, 10:54 PM
If the Knicks want to win, they need to play as a team.

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
sig bet?

why realistically lecon no hairline james is the new nba poster boy aka sterns biach and will probaly win the mvp for the next ten years even if other people have better years like durant this year or probaly melo next year it don't matter we gotta make this clown look good:mad:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
If the Knicks want to win, they need to play as a team.

I agree with this. But I would like to point out you need a leader to bring them together. So far no one has stepped up on that front.

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 10:56 PM
why realistically lecon no hairline james is the new nba poster boy aka sterns biach and will probaly win the mvp for the next ten years even if other people have better years like durant this year or probaly melo next year it don't matter we gotta make this clown look good:mad:

I'm glad you judge mens looks. What are your thoughts on the pedophile mustache that Melo sports?

xxplayerxx23
08-03-2012, 11:05 PM

:laugh: Over bron or durant? Lol Knicks would have to finish top 3 in the east and melo would need to average 28 on at least 46 percentshooting. I love Melo but I want him focused on playing off the ball more and defense. Ofcourse have some iso plays just come off some more screens

flatbush knicks
08-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm glad you judge mens looks. What are your thoughts on the pedophile mustache that Melo sports?

i find it pretty cool i got one of those stache's myself bro thanks and yea you don't got to be judging no man to see dudes edge is practically gone its just in plain view now i think your a little suspect looking at how melo has his mustache cool story bro:facepalm:

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:11 PM
i find it pretty cool i got one of those stache's myself bro thanks and yea you don't got to be judging no man to see dudes edge is practically gone its just in plain view now i think your a little suspect looking at how melo has his mustache cool story bro:facepalm:

Yes balding is something that can occur in men even at the young age of 15-16. It is a genetic thing. Glad it amuses you. I think he is more worried about his genetics that for some reason puts him leaps and bounds better than any player in the NBA.

ryang
08-03-2012, 11:14 PM

Not only did Lebron have the same offensive numbers but he plays good defence..

IBleedPurple
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM

punctuationisawesomerunonsentencesarehardtoreadlik ethisis

ChitownBears22
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM

You want to know what is sad? I read that pretty quickly due to being forced to read his incoherent thoughts for months now.

knicks=love
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM

this is my biggest pet peeve on this damn site.

IBleedPurple
08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
You want to know what is sad? I read that pretty quickly due to being forced to read his incoherent thoughts for months now.

LMAO, nice......and yes, that is sad

flatbush knicks
08-04-2012, 12:09 AM

thanks bro you must really like my post
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYK|NYY
08-04-2012, 12:35 AM
As a Knicks fan I'd be content with making it out of the 1st round, if that counts as breaking out..