PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best NBA Offseason ?

heatfan123249
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Who had the best NBA offseason ?

My vote goes towards either Miami or the Lakers, and I'm leaning towards the Lakers. Steve Nash is still nasty and is going to give that team 10 plus assists a nights. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis were great pickups, especially that now Rashard is playing on a winning team, that might rejuvenate his career.

:clap: Good job Lakers

Lakersfan2483
08-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Hard to say as a lot of teams have improved. The Celtics have improved with the additions of Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, etc..... The Knicks have improved also with Ray Felton, J. Kidd, Camby, Prigioni and Brewer. The Clippers have made huge acquisitions with Odom, Billups, Crawford, and G. Hill. Also the Lakers and Heat have improved as well.

heatfan123249
08-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Almost every team as improved. But if you look at who made the biggest additions to their team, it has to be the Lakers and Heat. The NBA champs added the best 3 point shooter in NBA history, and the Lakers already had an amazing team before Steve Nash became their new Point Guard. No team has made themselves more formidable than LA and Miami.

Lakersfan2483
08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
The Clippers look scary on paper, we will see how it works out though. I don't like Del Negro as the coach.

BranWingss
08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I feel like Miami, both Los Angeles teams, Boston, Phoenix, and New Orleans had productive offseasons.

Rome
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I feel like Miami, both Los Angeles teams, Boston, Phoenix, and New Orleans had productive offseasons.

This. Those are the main teams that come to mind. Nash with LA is gonna be Nashty :eyebrow:

Blitzbolt
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Both LA teams got better but older they will struggle vs young athletic teams like the Thunder,Miami and others.

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Lakers!!!

DubbyDubbs
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
New Orleans, Washington and Minnesota are my picks. I like what all 3 teams have done.

I Rock Shaqs
08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Celtics and Heat, and the RAPTORS!!!

Vampirate
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I would say the Nets just because they can now breathe a sigh of relief.

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 05:55 PM
1. The Lakers really improves the 3-player roster they had last year, adding Nash and Jamison, both solid additions and re-signing Hill will make them scary again

2.Celtics adding Terry, Sullinger, Melo, Green and Lee

3. Miami adding Allen and Lewis to the already best team in the league

4. Clippers adding Hill, Odom, Hollins, Crawford and getting Billups back

5. Hornets adding Anderson, Davis, Lopez, Waiters and re-signing Gordon

6. Toronto adding Lowry, Valanciunas, Fields and Ross

7. Suns adding Scola, Dragic, Beasley

8. T-Wolves adding Stiesmma, Kirilenko and Shved (have really impressed me in the Olympics)

I also liked what the Mavs have done after a terribel start adding Collison, Mayo, Kaman and Brand and the Haws getting flexible getting rid of JJ and Williams' contracts

mrblisterdundee
08-02-2012, 06:04 PM
In terms of improvement from where a team was at the beginning of the summer to where they'll be after, I'd say the Brooklyn Nets, or even Toronto.
The Nets were looking at losing their best player, which would have devastated them, new arena or no new arena. Instead, they got the third best shooting guard in the league, kept a top-five point guard and still have a decent, young center and a rugged small forward who plays defense like his life depends upon it. They're sitting pretty.
Meanwhile, Toronto picked up one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA, along with a solid shooting guard. They also got a really good draft prospect. They might have loaded a little too much up in the back court though and just need a real center.

Da Knicks
08-02-2012, 06:07 PM
1. Lakers
2. Knicks
3. Heat
4. Clippers
5. Nets

Vampirate
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
In terms of improvement from where a team was at the beginning of the summer to where they'll be after, I'd say the Brooklyn Nets, or even Toronto.
The Nets were looking at losing their best player, which would have devastated them, new arena or no new arena. Instead, they got the third best shooting guard in the league, kept a top-five point guard and still have a decent, young center and a rugged small forward who plays defense like his life depends upon it. They're sitting pretty.
Meanwhile, Toronto picked up one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA, along with a solid shooting guard. They also got a really good draft prospect. They might have loaded a little too much up in the back court though and just need a real center.

Jonas is pretty much projected to be just that, although he's gonna have trouble staying out of foul trouble.

The Raptors should be at least decent defensivley but I don't know if they have the offence to compete for a playoff spot though.

Aleksandar
08-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Class 1:

Boston added a lot of depth, which they badly needed last year.
Lakers added some important pieces as the window slowly closes for Kobe era.
Clippers solidified their rotation with some quality veterans.
Brooklyn added some key pieces, but I'm not convinced yet.

Class 2:

Minnesota looking to make a breakthrough.
Toronto had a nice offseason, they are an exciting young team on the rise now.
Indiana added some nice depth.
A fresh start for New Orleans, may be a beginning of something big.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2012, 06:53 PM
In no order, the Nets, Lakers, Hawks, Wolves, and Hornets all had nice offseasons. Wolves is entirely dependent on health, but on paper, nice.

Xplicit
08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
1. Wizards
Beal, Nene, Ariza
2. Heat
Lewis, Allen
3. Lakers
Nash, Jamison
4-6
Mavs, Nets, Timberwolves

but the best management so far when it comes to their future
Cavaliers