PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Are You Most Interested In Seeing This Season

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but when I get up in the morning the first thing I do is check the box scores. When LBJ was in Cleveland, the Cleveland box score was the first I checked out. Then I'd check out the Orlando box scores to see if Dwight posted a 20-20 game. A couple of seasons ago I'd always check the Spurs to see what kind of number Blair had posted, and the last couple of seasons I've been checking the Minny box scores to see what Kevin Love was up to, and Boston to see if Rondo was keeping his double-digit assist streak going.

I'm sure you all do the same sort of things when checking the box scores, so my question is this: Whose production are you most interested in keeping track of this season? For me it's going to be Omar Asik, just because I'm curious to see what kind of numbers he'll put up with starting minutes, because his per-36-minutes stats were crazy last year. And also Andre Drummond, because I'm a Detroit fan and I'm curious to see if he's going to be a bust, or show that he has some real potential.

Who are you going to be looking out for?

BobbyHillSwag
08-02-2012, 04:09 PM
i miss boxscore watching, used to do with iverson all the time when i couldnt catch the game because a spurs game was on. Im excited for Carmelo though, I think he will be a beast this year. I'm also interested in how kobe will do. Im wondering if kevin love will take Twolves to the playoffs.

Method28
08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Ill take a peak at Irvings #'s this year

NYKnickFanatic
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
McGee and Wilson Chandler.

Dont want to put any Knicks down, or Ill hear the homer BS.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Gerald Green - want him to be an All-Star someday!
Derrick Favors on the Jazz
Anthony Morrow
Kyrie
Rubioooo - who didn't check out his boxscores last season?
Andrei Kirelenko - one of favorite players, hoping he'll not pick up the player option next season and join the Nets haha

Vinny642
08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Davis of course

Jint.
08-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Smush Parker

Iron24th
08-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Steve Nash

albertajaysfan
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
beyond my own team?

I will probably torment myself by checking in on Harrison Barnes and Jeremy Lamb. To compare to Terrence Ross. Probably check in on Drummond as well to watch is development compared to Valanciunas.

MrFastBreak
08-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Though Im a fan of the whole NBA and wouldnt mind checking production league-wide, if I was interested in a player in particular, it would be Kobe and how he would fare in the Princeton offense. Would his usage drop with the new additions or would it be the same? Knowing Kobe, things might not change drastically. But hey, with the implementation of Princeton offense and the addition of Nash and from what I hear about him losing a few pounds to increase his quickness to move off the ball, who knows?

Rome
08-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I wanna see what Lin does this season. Nash in LA. Davis and Rivers. My team, obviously. JJ in BK. Just about every rookie too.

Kashmir13579
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Dion Waiters to see if he's the bust i dubbed him. Also Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lamb, and Steve Nash..

OKC gonna be fun to watch as well as the Twolves.

fadedmario
08-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Brandon Knight

greg_ory_2005
08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
J Val from my team.

Brandon Roy too

Ezio
08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Irving and Wall

DoMeFavors
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Anthony Davis

KniCks4LiFe
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lamb, Chandler Parsons
Kyrie Irvin and Tristan Thompson
Ricky Rubio
Stephon Curry and JJ Hickson
Unibrow and Austin Rivers
Evan Turner
Gerald Green

that's off the top of my head.

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
every top rookie I can remember, Davis, Robinson, MKG, Beal, Waiters, Drummond, Lillard... And my favorite players, essentially former rockets, Battier, Tmac, Scola, Dragic, Lowry...

and of course every single player from the Rockets, especially the rookies

But I'm really excited to see how the T-Wolves play this season espeacially Rubio and Love, gotta love this duo

mrblisterdundee
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm most interested in seeing if Damian Lillard lives up to the hype. He was great in college and the NBA summer league. Now it's time for him to do his best to replace Brandon Roy. With Portland's inability to pick up a marquee center, I'm also interested to see how Meyers Leonard handles the pressure.

Aust
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Nash and Jeff Green I suppose

KnicksorBust
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Nash, Lin, and the Golden State Warriors. I'll be rooting for all of them even though any Lin success will be bittersweet.

eternal slumber
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Lin, if he'll strive or not.

Bruno
08-02-2012, 08:04 PM
LeBron.

I want to see how he performs now that the monkey is off his back. i want to see if his hunger/intensity will lessen now that he is a champion, now that he has an indisputable top twenty career in NBA history.

Y2JOrdan
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Jeremy lamb

ghettosean
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Jonas valanciunas from my squad, Andrei Kirelenko and Lin....

Want to see how they all pan out on there new squads!

GoPacers33
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Paul George
Roy Hibbert
Kyrie Irving
Rondo
Lebron
A Davis
Barnes

Aleksandar
08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Nice thread mate! I do that as well :)

Except for Minnesota, I'll follow some of the young players progression.

-Toronto is exciting now with Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Bargnani/Valanciunas.
-Houston as well Lin,Asik and I hope rookies get a lot of minutes, Royce White mostly.
-Can't wait for Anthony Davis, couldn't care less about Austin Rivers.
-Lillard in Portland maybe, he could be a ROY candidate.
-No interest in Detroit and Drummond whatsoever, he won't even play much.
-GSW 3pt shooting, Curry/Thompson/Barnes
-Curious about how Wall and new-look Wizards do, Vesely started gaining some minutes last year.
-Brooklyn perhaps, if they start winning.

MrfadeawayJB
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Interested to see if Lin can continue "Linsanity" on a new team where he is the guy and has scouting reports on him

b@llhog24
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Kyrie and Lamb.

Panthers4life
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
the entire atlanta hawks team

seikou8
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
kobe , irving and lebron

akesh99
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Valanciunas and Fields from my Raps

Xplicit
08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Irving and Waiters
Lamb and Lin

PacersForLife
08-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Anxious to see what Gerald Green can do. Also anxious to see how Augustin does on a decent team for once in his career.

Outside my team: Jeremy Lin. Wonder if Linsanity ever comes back, even though I hated it.

STL Don
08-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Cannot wait to see Steve Nash in a Lakers jersey.

WhyEvenBother
08-03-2012, 07:14 AM
im a hardcore miami fan but im interested to see what those raptors are going to look like. kyle lowery should take over there and cant wait to what jonas is all about

Whomewhome
08-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Honestly outside my own team Nash and Kidd are the most intriguing to me. But I want Gerald Green to make it with Indiana I have the most respect for that kid.

On my team, I am very wary of Teletovic, I am one of few Nets fans who has actually watched him more the then Nets (I follow Euro basketball much more then the NBA) Had we acquired Dwight, he would have had no issues with the transition as he wouldn't have been required to rebound or play much defense. Now with Brook or Hump I am not how much pressure will be put on him. The one thing you will see is him score, but what else will he do.. .Anybody's guess. There are games where he goes all out and does everything and then he scores

Chavacano
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Kobe's FG%, TS% and USG%.

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I wanna see Lebron win a ring in a 82 game season. He has yet to do that. We know Wade can.

KniCks4LiFe
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Kobe's FG%, TS% and USG%.

Kobe TS% .527, JJ TS% .557

That just ain't right. And both had no point guard.

smith&wesson
08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
demar derozan. because the raptors need this kid to shine.

Phenomenonsense
08-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Valanciunas. Scouted him heavily before the draft when he was still considered a second round pick. Really wanted to take him but he shot up the draft board.

NJDrew2
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Outside of all the Nets-
Stephen Curry to see how he has recovered from his injury and if he still has it.
Rubio for the same reason as Curry.
Brandon Knight to see if he can take the next step and become a legit starting point guard or more.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Brandon Roy for sure, and I would say that regardless of whether he went to my team or not.

Others are Greg Monroe, Kyrie Irving, Cousins, Parsons (love the dude), Blake Griffin (just to make sure Love is still better :)), and hoping Iman Shumpert gets back, I really like the kid's game.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I wanna see Lebron win a ring in a 82 game season. He has yet to do that. We know Wade can.

you still trying to find ways to discredit LeBron?

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 03:30 PM
you still trying to find ways to discredit LeBron?

Im just trying to be convinced that he is the greatest player ever like everyone says

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Im just trying to be convinced that he is the greatest player ever like everyone says

who says that? You do realize that the posters you think hate all over Kobe, many of them are far more rational regarding Kobe then you are about LeBron.

elledaddy
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
As a KNICKS FAN I want to see

CP3 vs Lin
Russ Westbrook vs Lin
Deron Williams vs Lin
Rondo vs Lin
K Irving vs Lin
Dragic vs Lin
Lowry vs Lin
D Rose vs Lin( hopefully, dont know when they play)
Nash vs Lin
Wall vs Lin
Holiday vs Lin
Collison vs Lin
Teague vs Lin
T Parker vs Lin
Dilliard vs Lin
M Williams vs Lin
I Thomas/ A Brooks vs Lin
B Jennings vs Lin
S Curry vs Lin
T Lawson vs Lin
FELTON VS LIN

Oh yeah and Lin start the ALLSTAR game over CP3,NASH,PARKER & WESTBROOK:facepalm:

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
who says that? You do realize that the posters you think hate all over Kobe, many of them are far more rational regarding Kobe then you are about LeBron.

Is it because im a Lakers fan that you mention Kobe? Again i dont care more about Kobe than I do the Lakers organization. I defend Kobe when people try to discredit the accomplishments he already achieved. Meanwhile, people praise Lebron on his potential. People say ridiculous things when Lebron is mentioned (I.E, Lebron could guard Pau Gasol for an entire game and shut him down, Lebron is a better shooter than Dirk, Lebron is an overall better player than Jordan, Lebron would be a better PG than Magic ever was, etc). Those are just some of the things ive read about Lebron on this forum. I appreciate greatness, but when people just start making players to be X-men, i get mad. Sorry. I love Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, and some others.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Is it because im a Lakers fan that you mention Kobe? Again i dont care more about Kobe than I do the Lakers organization. I defend Kobe when people try to discredit the accomplishments he already achieved. Meanwhile, people praise Lebron on his potential. People say ridiculous things when Lebron is mentioned (I.E, Lebron could guard Pau Gasol for an entire game and shut him down, Lebron is a better shooter than Dirk, Lebron is an overall better player than Jordan, Lebron would be a better PG than Magic ever was, etc). Those are just some of the things ive read about Lebron on this forum. I appreciate greatness, but when people just start making players to be X-men, i get mad. Sorry. I love Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, and some others.

They mention LeBron because of his potential? haha, ok dude. Maybe it's because he is a 3 time MVP, Finals MVP, and is the best player to come along since his airness. That could be it too.

You are being ridiculous with your Bron hatred. I hate Kobe, but I can give the man a fair shake on his game, and give him the credit he is due (top 10 player of all time). I am not bowing down to any player like many on this site, but instead of hating LeBron with every bone of your body, maybe try and enjoy a once in a generation talent in a sport you claim to like.

justjames
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm not a huge Kobe fan but seeing him work with Nash should be a treat.

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
They mention LeBron because of his potential? haha, ok dude. Maybe it's because he is a 3 time MVP, Finals MVP, and is the best player to come along since his airness. That could be it too.

You are being ridiculous with your Bron hatred. I hate Kobe, but I can give the man a fair shake on his game, and give him the credit he is due (top 10 player of all time). I am not bowing down to any player like many on this site, but instead of hating LeBron with every bone of your body, maybe try and enjoy a once in a generation talent in a sport you claim to like.

MVP's dont measure greatness. I hate when people try and tell me that a player is great because he's won multiple MVP's. Thats the most biased, unclear award in the history of sports. And dont laugh at the potential comment. Lebron just now won and it took a lockout for it to happen. And Jordan and Shaq are the only players so far that I can say I saw that i will never see duplicated again. Lebron ran to another team with a top 3 player and another superstar to win a ring. Once he did that, i lost all respect. he wasnt in the same category as greats to me. He's in the lower tier. Right under the all time greats. Sorry, that's how I feel. You love Lebron, i wont.

Chavacano
08-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Kobe TS% .527, JJ TS% .557

That just ain't right. And both had no point guard.

This. :sigh: