PDA

View Full Version : What if: 2012 Finals Lebron traded for Durant

WhyEvenBother
08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
just interested in hearing what people think the difference would be if this happened. like to get some neutral answers here, no heat or thunder fans haha

everything else would be the same. reg season records and the playoffs just the finals. lebron with that thunder team and durant with the heat.

who wins? whats the series record? explenation?

Longhornfan1234
08-02-2012, 02:52 PM
KD-Wade would play off each other better than King James-Wade...IMO

I still don't see them winning the finals. King James covers up a lot of the Heat's holes.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
KD-Wade would play off each other better than King James-Wade...IMO

I still don't see them winning the finals. King James covers a lot of the Heat's holes.
At least quote me the write way...

Wade>You
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
The Heat are a great organization, I'd go with them. ;)

Longhornfan1234
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM

I'm not a computer geek brah.

raiderposting
08-02-2012, 02:58 PM
lebron will still win

Joshtd1
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM

:eyebrow:

Figured I'd point it out before someone else did.

Joshtd1
08-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I still think whatever team LeBron would be on would win. He is much more of a playmaker then KD which I think would benefit the Thunder since they seem to be primarily a iso team.

PleaseBeNice
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Is that you JordansBulls?

Iron24th
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM

You beat me to it! :laugh:

Iron24th
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM

:laugh2:

b@llhog24
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM

:burn:

b@llhog24
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Miami would win.

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
lebron > kd

miami > okc

:clap:

LongIslandIcedZ
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Is it the question if Lebron was with OKC and Durant was with MIami?

OKC would win, no doubt. Nobody in that series was on the same level as Lebron. Durant is incredible, he just isnt Lebron.

Ebbs
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Thunder in 4.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Is it the question if Lebron was with OKC and Durant was with MIami?

OKC would win, no doubt. Nobody in that series was on the same level as Lebron. Durant is incredible, he just isnt Lebron.

This. Okc with lebron instead of durant would win for sure.

as long as westbrook didnt try to chuck.

meloman1592
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
okc would win...Lebron would make westbrook more efficient

Hawkeye15
08-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I still think whatever team LeBron would be on would win. He is much more of a playmaker then KD which I think would benefit the Thunder since they seem to be primarily a iso team.

Agreed. LeBron was by far and away the best player in the playoffs, his team would have won it all if he had comparable help to what Miami gave him.

KnickNyKnick
08-02-2012, 04:02 PM
OKC wins. LBJ with westbrook and harden would be sicker than KD Wade Bosh IMO

ChicagoJ
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Whichever team LeBron would be on would win.

nickdymez
08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Miami would win because they are stacked.

SteveNash
08-02-2012, 05:06 PM
LeBron would have gotten Harden and Westbrook going and would lead them to victory.

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 06:00 PM
LeBron would have gotten Harden and Westbrook going and would lead them to victory.

so all of a sudden Lebron is a great leader? What about when they played Dallas?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I think there were probably 10 or 11 teams where you could replace the SF with Lebron and they would have won the ring

bucketss
08-03-2012, 06:05 PM

and the thunder aren't?

Kashmir13579
08-03-2012, 06:23 PM
:yawn:

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 06:27 PM

so all of a sudden Lebron is a great leader? What about when they played Dallas?

He choked.

It's not like players can improve :rolleyes:

Then again I wouldn't expect rational thinking from Lebrons biggest hater

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM

man you hate LeBron

Miami stacked?

OKC, minus Bosh: Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka.
Miami, minus Bron: Wade, Bosh.

the role players are a wash, though Perkins and Collison are better then any Miami role player.

So which team was stacked again?

If you swapped them, Thunder in 4-5 games.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 06:40 PM

every great player has failures. Kobe has. Duncan has. Michael, Magic, and Larry did.

Btw, didn't Kobe get swept by those same Mavs?

Da Knicks
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
man you hate LeBron

Miami stacked?

OKC, minus Bosh: Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka.
Miami, minus Bron: Wade, Bosh.

the role players are a wash, though Perkins and Collison are better then any Miami role player.

So which team was stacked again?

If you swapped them, Thunder in 4-5 games.

lol you have no room to call someone a hater when you hate Melo and Kobe. As far as the question not sure, i finally watched some of the finals games and the player that impressed me the most was Battier...

Blitzbolt
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Put Lebron in the Bobcats and they win the finals.

bucketss
08-03-2012, 07:26 PM
lol you have no room to call someone a hater when you hate Melo and Kobe. As far as the question not sure, i finally watched some of the finals games and the player that impressed me the most was Battier...

don't forget Chalmers too!

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 07:39 PM

what is it with you? Because I can actually lay out a players game, and not overrate them, I hate them? I may hate Kobe, but I am very fair about his game.

Look at your sig. Bitter much?

Move on bro. Seriously. Melo doesn't belong in the conversation with LeBron, Dwight, Durant, Paul, you know, the elite of the elite...

Lakeshow24KB
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM
what is it with you? Because I can actually lay out a players game, and not overrate them, I hate them? I may hate Kobe, but I am very fair about his game.

Look at your sig. Bitter much?

Move on bro. Seriously. Melo doesn't belong in the conversation with LeBron, Dwight, Durant, Paul, you know, the elite of the elite...

You forgot Kobe :D

Hawkeye15
08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
You forgot Kobe :D

To be fair, Kobe has fallen out of the elite of the elite as well. Same with Dirk. There are 4-5 players that are above everyone else. Kobe's level of play over a 15 year career is literally ridiculous though, which is why I have him in my personal top 10 ever.

JordansBulls
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Miami won because they had a better cast. Wade is a proven winner and the only one who led a franchise that never won before to a title. Not to mention in the finals:

Durant 30.6 ppg on 55% FG
Lebron 28.6 ppg on 48% FG

Bos_Sports4Life
08-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Miami won because they had a better cast. Wade is a proven winner and the only one who led a franchise that never won before to a title. Not to mention in the finals:

Scoring isn't everything..

Lebron is the much better defender, elite passer, very good rebounder ect ect

bucketss
08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Scoring isn't everything..

Lebron is the much better defender, elite passer, very good rebounder ect ect

jb will do anything and everything to discredit lebron. Same guy who guaranteed lebron would not win the mvp

C-Wick925
08-03-2012, 09:58 PM
What if my mom was lebron? Would i type fast or chickenpeck?

Lakers + Giants
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Thunder would win. I Also think Lebron and Westbrook would be better than KD and Westbrook.

nickdymez
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
To be fair, Kobe has fallen out of the elite of the elite as well. Same with Dirk. There are 4-5 players that are above everyone else. Kobe's level of play over a 15 year career is literally ridiculous though, which is why I have him in my personal top 10 ever.

Why? Because his advanced stats aren't there? Ask any real basketball mind and see if they tell you that Kobe isn't elite anymore. You hate Kobe wayyy more than i hate Lebron. Your hate for Kobe is based on made up stats and your personal opinion. My hate for Lebron is based on actual facts. Your made up Hollinger BS stats aren't facts.

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Why? Because his advanced stats aren't there? Ask any real basketball mind and see if they tell you that Kobe isn't elite anymore. You hate Kobe wayyy more than i hate Lebron. Your hate for Kobe is based on made up stats and your personal opinion. My hate for Lebron is based on actual facts. Your made up Hollinger BS stats aren't facts.

lmao!

Why so defensive?

StarvingKnick22
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
bad for both because lebron doesnt play with All Star Point Gaurds. KD and Wade would both want the clutch basket.

Leach11
08-03-2012, 10:21 PM

What a god awful post. Yea, lets just post scoring stats and forget every other aspect of basketball.

Lebron: 10.2 rpg, 7.4 apg, 1.6 spg
Durant: 6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.4 spg

It is not even close. Lebron absolutely dominated this past finals.

You probably think Derek Rose is better than Lebron :laugh2:

Cya

justinnum1
08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Wade being hurt and not playing at 100% was actually a lessing in disguise. it forced wade to take a backseat and let lebron just dominate. If wade was 100% im not sure they things would have gone as smoothly as they did. Now. moving forward, wade knows that he is the 2nd man and will play even better off lebron

Bruno
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Does Chalmers still have a 26 point outburst? Does Miller still dominate from behind the arch? Does Battier play great defense on brilliant three point shooting? Is Westbrook still extremely inefficient? Is Harden still taken out of the series? tough to say really, everything would have been different.

Bruno
08-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Is LeBron that much better than Durant to change a 4-1 outcome to a 4-3 outcome in favor of OKC? I don't know about that, but again- who knows.

mngopher35
08-04-2012, 12:38 AM
I think that the thunder offense would have been better or close to the same with lebron and if durant were on the heat they would struggle more offensively (with wade playing the way he was who takes ball handling duties?). Also the rebounding difference would have been huge probably. Id say thunder with lebron would win.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Why? Because his advanced stats aren't there?

Is this your question on why Kobe isn't in the elite convo? Yes, stats is why, as a Lakers fan, you should notice he isn't the old Kobe.

Ask any real basketball mind and see if they tell you that Kobe isn't elite anymore.

Depends how you define elite.

You hate Kobe wayyy more than i hate Lebron.

B.S. Furthermore, at least I can be rational about Kobe, where as you are delusional about LeBron, and discredit him every time you post.

Your hate for Kobe is based on made up stats and your personal opinion.

No, its based on him being a douchebag, yet I still give him the props he deserves, though I know it falls short of your expecations of naming my kid after him, or creating a shrine for Kob's.

My hate for Lebron is based on actual facts. Your made up Hollinger BS stats aren't facts.

Nah, you have become the biggest Bron hater on this site. Congrats on being irrational and spiteful at the same time.

TheNumber37
08-04-2012, 01:11 AM
I think OKC would win actually... Lebron would make Westbrook more efficient.

nickdymez
08-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Is this your question on why Kobe isn't in the elite convo? Yes, stats is why, as a Lakers fan, you should notice he isn't the old Kobe.

Depends how you define elite.

B.S. Furthermore, at least I can be rational about Kobe, where as you are delusional about LeBron, and discredit him every time you post.

No, its based on him being a douchebag, yet I still give him the props he deserves, though I know it falls short of your expecations of naming my kid after him, or creating a shrine for Kob's.

Nah, you have become the biggest Bron hater on this site. Congrats on being irrational and spiteful at the same time.

Once and for all, Im only a Kobe fan because he plays for the Lakers. And again, everyone on earth who has some sort of basketball knowledge still considers Kobe elite. GM's still have that poll that we heart about, and Kobe is still the last person 80% of them (and players) want with the ball in the 4th. Not Lebron. Actually 80% want Lebron with the ball because he's probably gonna **** up

Losoway
08-04-2012, 02:08 AM
whatever team LeGod was on...they would have won the chip

lebron abused durant

bucketss
08-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Once and for all, Im only a Kobe fan because he plays for the Lakers. And again, everyone on earth who has some sort of basketball knowledge still considers Kobe elite. GM's still have that poll that we heart about, and Kobe is still the last person 80% of them (and players) want with the ball in the 4th. Not Lebron. Actually 80% want Lebron with the ball because he's probably gonna **** up

its funny you complain about people hating on kobe. but hate on lebron every chance. Every time you see someone hate on kobe just pretend hes lebron and your sickness will make more sense to you.

nickdymez
08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
its funny you complain about people hating on kobe. but hate on lebron every chance. Every time you see someone hate on kobe just pretend hes lebron and your sickness will make more sense to you.

You cant read

dnewguy
08-04-2012, 11:35 AM

:laugh: