PDA

View Full Version : Is Ray Allen a "first-ballot" HOFer?

Longhornfan1234
08-02-2012, 02:21 PM
We all know he's a HOFer, but is he a "first-ballot" HOFer?

:confused:

Big Zo
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes.

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Ya... ray ray was crazy in his prime. now that he has a ship and possibly could get another next season. i think so...

Hellcrooner
08-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Probably, deppends on his class.

xk4
08-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes. Ray will make it for the 3pt record if nothing else, but considering how many people are close retirement (Kobe, KG, Pierce, Nash, Kid, and on), he's not a lock for first ballot

WhyEvenBother
08-02-2012, 02:30 PM

totally agree... but he is 100% in there. best shooter of all time, most threes made, total proffesional, great person and clutch.
If he wins a few championships with miami in the next few years before he retires it will deff help his chances too

SportsNY
08-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't see how he's not.

Hellcrooner
08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Don't see how he's not.

imagine this.

Ray Allen, KOBE, DUNCAN, KG, DIRK, NASH wtc retire the same year thus they are all eligible.

He will fall to the next ballot.

Instead

Ray allen, Vince Carter, Iverson, T-mac, Pierce whatever retire the same year. Then he enters in first ballot for sure.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I think so.

Wade>You
08-02-2012, 02:38 PM
imagine this.

Ray Allen, KOBE, DUNCAN, KG, DIRK, NASH wtc retire the same year thus they are all eligible.

Instead

Ray allen, Vince Carter, Iverson, T-mac, Pierce whatever retire the same year. Then he enters in first ballot for sure.This.

WhyEvenBother
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
imagine this.

Instead

Ray allen, Vince Carter, Iverson, T-mac, Pierce whatever retire the same year. Then he enters in first ballot for sure.

sad year in the nba if this happens. a lot of in game legends gone

Longhornfan1234
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
FB locks:

King James

Kobe

Duncan

KG

Kidd

Nash

Dirk

Wade

AI

Second tier:

Pierce

Allen

Parker

Ginobli

Gasol

JiffyMix88
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes!

Hellcrooner
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
FB locks:

King James

Kobe

Duncan

KG

Kidd

Nash

Dirk

Wade

AI

Second tier:

Pierce

Allen

Parker

Ginobli

Gasol

All of them deppend on who is eligible that particular year.

Regardless of that Manus and Paus Fiba resume can very well land them a first ballot deppending on who is out there.

oval57sanch
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
He should be, but prolly not

Losoway
08-02-2012, 04:19 PM
yea he is a first ballot

the 3 point champion

Lakersfan2483
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
He should be. He's been a perennial all star player, won a championship, scored over 20,000 pts for his career, all time leader in 3 pointers made. One of the greatest shooters in NBA history and proved his worth during the postseason and crunch time in terms of hitting critical shot after critical shot. He's a top 10 shooting guard of all time.

Lakersfan2483
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Current locks for 1st ballot hall of fame:

Kobe
Lebron
D. Wade
Kevin Garnett
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen

greg_ory_2005
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Crooner spitting serious knowledge. :clap:

chi-townlove1
08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
3 point shooting is a huge part of the NBA. ray is the best to ever do that. Therefore yeah he deserves a first ballot entry.

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Of course.

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
no question, he's first ballot

xPhillies08WSCx
08-02-2012, 08:51 PM
If not the 1st year, 2nd year no doubt.

seikou8
08-02-2012, 08:53 PM
one of my favorite players of course he should

N.Y. Fanatic
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe

alexander_37
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM

This /thread

TheNumber37
08-02-2012, 09:41 PM
yes, ray woulda gotten in without a ring, on his shooting alone. unlike pierce, interestingly enough.

AKA TheMamba
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
He should be, but prolly not

Probably not, If Nash, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, and guys of that caliber retire the same year... My vote goes to them

thekmp211
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
i think so yes but it will depend. definitely worthy.

UPRock
08-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes he is. One of the best shooters in history, 3 Points shots record, a ring, efficient through his career, why not?

AnthonyTyrael
08-03-2012, 12:50 AM
He has my vote.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-03-2012, 01:38 AM
No, he is a hall of famer but not first ballot, IMO first ballot goes to guys like Kobe #1 option on your team and win multiple championships with them or at least have amazing stats

DitchDat
08-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Without a doubt. 3-point king.

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
He will be. One of the most underrated superstars of our era. The kids that post on this forum dont realize how much of beast he was late 90's and early 00's

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 08:11 AM
No, he is a hall of famer but not first ballot, IMO first ballot goes to guys like Kobe #1 option on your team and win multiple championships with them or at least have amazing stats

It's pretty ridiculous to say that. Kobe is a top-10 player of ALL TIME. Not every 1st ballot HOF is going to sniff that. Ray Allen is def a top-50 player of all time tho and 2nd best SG of his era 1996-2006. Def 1st ballot.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 08:18 AM
LOL Iverson was far better than ray allen ever was, in no way is he the second best sg from 96-2006 and it isnt even close. Also, ray isnt a first ballot hof. He was a beast for Milwaukee though and for a while the sonics.

waveycrockett
08-03-2012, 08:58 AM
LOL Iverson was far better than ray allen ever was, in no way is he the second best sg from 96-2006 and it isnt even close. Also, ray isnt a first ballot hof. He was a beast for Milwaukee though and for a while the sonics.

True but Iverson was more of a Combo guard Ray was a true SG. Ivo didn't really start running SG fulltime until they shipped out Jerry Stackhouse and Larry Hughes and even then Ray and Iverson used to get at each other crazy in the postseason.

RowBTrice
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Never.

ChiTownPacerFan
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
No! I don't think people realize how hard it is to get in on the first ballot. Ray didn't make a single all-nba first team (only one second, and one third!). With the exception of Robert Parish (who played 107 seasons) I'm pretty sure no one's ever made it in on the first ballot who didn't make at least one all nba first team. Ray will get in on his second try.

Big Zo
08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Never.

We're talking about Ray Allen being a first ballot hall of famer, not about the Cubs winning the World Series...

njnets
08-03-2012, 11:56 AM
He should be since he is the best 3 point shooter.

However it depends who else is in that class. Others deserve it over him if they retire with him, like kobe, nash, etc for example.

yanksrock
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes

blob50192
08-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes

X12Celtics3
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM

Amazing stats? Like having made more three-pointers than anybody else in NBA history?

naps
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Absolutely.

Stinkyoutsider
08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Tough to say on this one? Only reason why I say this is because it took Reggie Miller more than one eligibility year to get in and I compare Miller and Allen because both were great shooters.

Allen winning championships helps his cause, but I just can't see him getting into the first ballot?

Chronz
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
People underrate the season Ray Allen had in 2001. People think chucking is all that matters, but Ray was INSANELY EFFICIENT. 2001 is one of the greatest seasons a SG has ever had. And if not for some iffy reffing, he would have been in the Finals instead of AI.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
People underrate the season Ray Allen had in 2001. People think chucking is all that matters, but Ray was INSANELY EFFICIENT. 2001 is one of the greatest seasons a SG has ever had. And if not for some iffy reffing, he would have been in the Finals instead of AI.

I agree with this, that reffing was kind of suspicious. Though, Milwaukee deserved that **** because they were clearly trying to injure iverson every chance they got. Also, you dont ever say anything about 2006 finals which was blatantly rigged. THough, you'll probably act like those phantoms were warranted for dwade to protect your bias.

BobbyHillSwag
08-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Also, ray allen's team was stacked as hell. Great offensively and they were ok defensively. Id be efficient too, but you fail to mention any of these things because it fits your agenda against "chuckers". put ray allen on that sixers team and he doesnt do good at all. Matter of fact, they barely make the playoffs, because he cant carry the scoring load with all the defensive attention. All teams ray allen have been on has had some great offensive talent(alot of mediocre defensive talent though).

--23--
08-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot so i don't know if Ray will be. It really depends on the HOF class though.

Chronz
08-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I agree with this, that reffing was kind of suspicious. Though, Milwaukee deserved that **** because they were clearly trying to injure iverson every chance they got. Also, you dont ever say anything about 2006 finals which was blatantly rigged. THough, you'll probably act like those phantoms were warranted for dwade to protect your bias.
I never said anything about rigging, Im saying some games were reffed poorly.

Also, ray allen's team was stacked as hell. Great offensively and they were ok defensively.
LOL.... OK Defensively??? They were PUTRID defensively.

Id be efficient too, but you fail to mention any of these things because it fits your agenda against "chuckers".
No, I fail to mention those things because they arent true.

put ray allen on that sixers team and he doesnt do good at all.
Put Iverson on those Bucks and he makes them worse. By Ray doesnt do good at all what exactly are you saying? Any individual projections you would like to make?

Matter of fact, they barely make the playoffs, because he cant carry the scoring load with all the defensive attention. All teams ray allen have been on has had some great offensive talent(alot of mediocre defensive talent though).
Matter of fact, your wrong, the team would do worse because it was built around AI's shortcomings but cmon man, 2001 wasnt that long ago, how do you not remember how bad the Bucks defense was and how strong the Sixers D was? Losing AI doesnt break that defensive strength. They would make the playoffs easily with that kind of defense and Ray's efficient shooting.

wesso2008
08-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes he is. Ray-Ray is the best shooter since Reggie. He's been pretty consistant up to this past season and has a ring. He'll possibly have a few more now that he's with Miami. Ray-Ray would have my first-ballot vote.

hidalgo
08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
i see Ray Allen & Reggie Miller as equals. both love running off screens to get open, both the 3 points masters of the NBA. Ray is a bit more well rouned, & pretty clutch. Reggie was the better playoff performer & insanely clutch. both equals defensively(average decent defenders). Ray got a ring, but as the 3rd best on the team (real good 2008 finals, kinda weak 2010 finals), while Miller was able to lead his own team to the finals, & give shaq & kobe their best finals of the 3 peat & easily the best of the 3 finals teams LA beat. his huge clutch Knicks moments, & maybe his biggest yet least talked about accomplishment, taking the 1998 Bulls 7 games & a very close game 7, the closest the Bulls came to being beaten (including that nasty buzzer beater in Jordan's mug after he pushed MJ like it was wwf, no call, fine by me, that was 90s nba at it's finest) that should be a mini championship right there, almost taking the Bulls out. in my opinion that was more impressive than getting to the finals, or his knicks moments. damn Reggie Miller was a killer, lol. but i do see Ray Allen as his equal, just not really as clutch or intense, but he equalises that with the more well rounded game. Ray Allen outplayed Kobe in the 2008 finals, & Reggie Miller far outplayed Kobe in the 2000 finals. equals yet Miller's had the better wars, especially as the #1 option

hidalgo
08-05-2012, 10:03 AM
i'd take Ray Allen anyday. Iverson was a ball hog, & just a gunner, the ball stopped with him too much & he'd jack up 30 shots & shoot 40% he avg 31 ppg one year shooting 39%, & 26 ppg 38%, that's forcing it. Ray Took better shots, & shot a better %, & had a much better basketball IQ. Iverson was a street ball, just 1 on 1 kinda player. i'd glady take Ray Allen over him, and Reggie Miller over him all day also

Big Zo
08-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot so i don't know if Ray will be. It really depends on the HOF class though.

Ray has more credentials than Reggie did.

N3TS
08-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Yea, I think he is.

Kingz4L
08-05-2012, 08:22 PM
FB locks:

King James

Kobe

Duncan

KG

Kidd

Nash

Dirk

Wade

AI

Second tier:

Pierce

Allen

Parker

Ginobli

Gasol

you put it best...all those guys are better

bagwell368
08-05-2012, 08:49 PM

Why are we talking about the me-first, toxic piece of dirt known as AI in a RA thread? AI was too short to be a true SG that RA was. AI's volume scoring was also at odds with RA's great rate stats. Further, RA demonstrated he could sacrifice his game on the '07-'08 Celts and play the D that was needed, and become a secondary/tirtiary scorer. AI never sacrificed anything for anyone.

RA will get in the HOF. Probably not first time through.

BobbyHillSwag
08-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Why are we talking about the me-first, toxic piece of dirt known as AI in a RA thread? AI was too short to be a true SG that RA was. AI's volume scoring was also at odds with RA's great rate stats. Further, RA demonstrated he could sacrifice his game on the '07-'08 Celts and play the D that was needed, and become a secondary/tirtiary scorer. AI never sacrificed anything for anyone.

RA will get in the HOF. Probably not first time through.

LOL I will never discuss ai with you, you are too biased against him for your own good. Though someone brought him up that's the reason I did. Don't worry, he doesn't know you and you don't know you which is good. I'm afraid you might try to harm him or something.

asap_simba
08-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes. He is the best shooter in league history. If he isn't 1st ballot that would be a crime

SportsFanatic10
08-06-2012, 01:23 AM
i think he definately should be. and i'm not just saying that because he just signed with my fav team. every time ray shoots the ball it scares the **** out of me if i'm cheering for the team he's playing against. not many players strike that kinda fear.

hidalgo
08-06-2012, 04:36 AM
you put it best...all those guys are better

i'd take any of those 2nd tier guys over Iverson, gladly. but i do think AI should get in as well

xxcubs22xx
08-06-2012, 04:37 AM
When its all said and done, Ray has career averages of .894 FT% and .400 3p%.

That puts him over the top for first ballot IMO

eugene
08-06-2012, 05:08 AM
after what he did to Celtics he is not! :P

bagwell368
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
after what he did to Celtics he is not! :P

What he did? He's an adult that weighed his circumstances and made a choice. That's what adults do, and they stand by them.

Believe it - since big money got into hoops, players share much more in common with each other than they do with 17 year old zit faced or 46 year olds that live in moms basement and are fanatics for their team. He doesn't care about you one bit - nor should he.

As for AI, his glitzy selfish game has drawn a lot attention over the years. He'll get in on the first ballot. He's a horrific player from the angle of "team", "defense", "sharing the ball", etc. He's a coach killer, a team killer, and walked away from his last 2 year contract after 9 games. Quit other teams, demanded a trade. He should have joined the sub 6 foot 1 on 1 league - that he would have been great at.