PDA

View Full Version : everyone is talking about the best backcourts in the nba next year. could this be one

11jgib
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Most people would say the biggest loser of this offseason thusfar would be the dallas mavericks. Yes they struck out on deron williams. Yes they signed aging injury prone big men in kaman and brand. But here's what has gone unnoticed. Oj mayo and darren collison coming to town. Both of these players are young. Both had stellar rookie seasons (recall when chris paul was out and darren collison stepped in and was a monster and noone could believe what a steal he was? Remember oj mayo being the leading scorer on his team his first year and everyone believing he had unlimited potential?) Neither of them have thrived as well since but make no mistake both of these young men can ball. Collison did a solid job while splitting even minutes at the point and oj mayo played decent off the bench although it was clear he was not getting the shots he wanted. Their potential is not lost and they both have a fresh start and are being looked at as the young core to keep dallas relevant when dirk retires. They may be a gamble or they may be that backcourt that is tough as nail and could potentially battle for best backcourt in the nba when kobe and nash have taen another 200 game tole on their bodys and joe johnson's fading star becomes more of a burden. Idk if these two have reached their ceiling or are just scratching the surface. We will have to wait and see. In the meantime let's hear some opinions

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
dude, stop ****ing writing every ****ing thing in a ****ing blocked up ****ing essay.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
oh and welcome to the forums.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Personally I'd call them an average backcourt with some upside.

I don't think competing for the best backcourt in the NBA soon is realistic.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
They may be a gamble or they may be that backcourt that is tough as nail and could potentially battle for best backcourt in the nba when kobe and nash have taen another 200 game tole on their bodys and joe johnson's fading star becomes more of a burden. Idk if these two have reached their ceiling or are just scratching the surface.

Russell Westbrook
James Harden

That backcourt will always be better (unless Harden leaves)

juggla53
08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
along with the lakers and nets you still have the thunder with westbrook and harden, the spurs with parker and ginobili (obviously both the SG's dont start but those are both teams crunch time lineups 99% of the time) and several more, they have potential but both of their overall size might be a problem

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
No.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
dude, stop ****ing writing every ****ing thing in a ****ing blocked up ****ing essay.

:laugh:

Top 3 backcourts

1.Nash/Kobe
2.Westbrook/Harden
3.Parker/Ginnobli or Dwill/Johnson

BoSox47
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Rondo,Bradley,lee,terry

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Not even close.

Method28
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Cp3/Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford

Is pretty good....but hard to beat Westy/Harden

FarOutIos
08-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Obviously, that backcourt is not the best today.

And for the future... there are several backcourts who potentially COULD be much better.

Irving and Waiters?
Curry and Klay?
Lin and Lamb?
Jennings and Monta?
Rivers and Gordon?
Rubio and (a healthy) Roy?
Wall and Beal?
And if Turner can play up to potential, Holiday and Turner...

I won't even be a homer and bring up the great Jimmer...

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Id probably take 25 teams backcourt before those LOL

Losoway
08-01-2012, 11:17 PM
the heat has the best front and back court

its not even close

/thread

selassi3
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
How are yall gonna mention Lin/Lamb and not Lowry/Derozan it's okay tho.... After all Toronto is located in Mars...It's all good tho....Keep Sleepin

FarOutIos
08-01-2012, 11:34 PM
How are yall gonna mention Lin/Lamb and not Lowry/Derozan it's okay tho.... After all Toronto is located in Mars...It's all good tho....Keep Sleepin

Isn't DeRozan moving over to small forward? As far as I know, that was the plan as most think it is more of his natural position.

That is why I didn't mention...

theheatles
08-02-2012, 06:04 AM
that's a top 5 worst backcourt in the league

Heatcheck
08-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Most people would say the biggest loser of this offseason thusfar would be the dallas mavericks. Yes they struck out on deron williams. Yes they signed aging injury prone big men in kaman and brand. But here's what has gone unnoticed. Oj mayo and darren collison coming to town. Both of these players are young. Both had stellar rookie seasons (recall when chris paul was out and darren collison stepped in and was a monster and noone could believe what a steal he was? Remember oj mayo being the leading scorer on his team his first year and everyone believing he had unlimited potential?) Neither of them have thrived as well since but make no mistake both of these young men can ball. Collison did a solid job while splitting even minutes at the point and oj mayo played decent off the bench although it was clear he was not getting the shots he wanted. Their potential is not lost and they both have a fresh start and are being looked at as the young core to keep dallas relevant when dirk retires. They may be a gamble or they may be that backcourt that is tough as nail and could potentially battle for best backcourt in the nba when kobe and nash have taen another 200 game tole on their bodys and joe johnson's fading star becomes more of a burden. Idk if these two have reached their ceiling or are just scratching the surface. We will have to wait and see. In the meantime let's hear some opinions

1. Oj mayo is a shot machine plain and simple, the only ones who thought he had unlimited potential were his parents.

2.so what your saying is in 2 yrs once a 40yr old and a 34 yr old have played almost 200 games together together, then these guys might be the best backcourt tandem in the nba?

WILL NEVER HAPPEN. They dont have the talent. doesnt matter if kobe, lebron, wade, westbrook, CP3, Deron williams, AND Rondo retired in the same year.

Heatcheck
08-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Rondo,Bradley,lee,terry

Rondo is the ****. Lee is another shannon brown all ups and no substance, Breadley only plays D, and Terry..a 6-2, 35 yr old sg, who shot 43% last year (Yea yea i know, he made some shots 2 years ago against miami)

LongIslandIcedZ
08-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Yea its pretty bad, better than the Knicks right now, but still pretty bad.

I'll take the Lakers/Heat above them.

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Rondo is the ****. Lee is another shannon brown all ups and no substance, Breadley only plays D, and Terry..a 6-2, 35 yr old sg, who shot 43% last year (Yea yea i know, he made some shots 2 years ago against miami)

congrats most idiotic post i've read today. lee is an elite wing defender and slid 3 pt shooter. paired w/ terry they more than filled ray's shoes. bradley plays top 3 defense on guards and when finally given minutes was getting 15 pts on a fairly consistent basis.

Heatcheck
08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
congrats most idiotic post i've read today. lee is an elite wing defender and slid 3 pt shooter. paired w/ terry they more than filled ray's shoes. bradley plays top 3 defense on guards and when finally given minutes was getting 15 pts on a fairly consistent basis.

Yea, so elite, he's been on 4 teams in 5 years.
I dont know how you average 7 points per game, and drop double that on a consistent bases. more like he dropped 15pts 11 times last year.

Your right, your STACKED at the 2.

But I wrote the idiotic post.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Hey guys, new here... long time viewer of the board though.

Anyways, Not being a homer... but Rondo & Bradley. Rondo and Bradley put up some of the most amazing defensive #'s in NBA history when they started games together.. Averys offense and confidence is growing at a rapid pace... not to mention with Courtney Lee and The Jet now... Celtics easily have the best back court.

yanksrock
08-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Not even close. There may be some upside but that's about it.

yanksrock
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, new here... long time viewer of the board though.

Anyways, Not being a homer... but Rondo & Bradley. Rondo and Bradley put up some of the most amazing defensive #'s in NBA history when they started games together.. Averys offense and confidence is growing at a rapid pace... not to mention with Courtney Lee and The Jet now... Celtics easily have the best back court.

Welcome.

Just curious what about this thread (being that your a long time viewer) prompted you to post your first post?

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Yea, so elite, he's been on 4 teams in 5 years.
I dont know how you average 7 points per game, and drop double that on a consistent bases. more like he dropped 15pts 11 times last year.

Your right, your STACKED at the 2.

But I wrote the idiotic post.

and rondo is arguably the best PG in the league in some people's eyes so were set at the one too. im not saying we have the undisputed best backcourt in the league but discrediting it completely is idiotic.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome.

Just curious what about this thread (being that your a long time viewer) prompted you to post your first post?

Wasnt this thread really I just finally decided to register today.. something clicked in my head as much as I look on the board why not post? lol and this just happened to be my first post lol

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
with Bradley healthy, the celtics backourt will probably be the most consistent one in a whole game, and is the deeper one, Rondo, Bradley and Lee are all great defensive players and Terry is still pretty good.

But Westbrook and Harden is the best backout in the league, followed by Nash and Bryant.

as for the Mavs, I really liked what they've done this offseason, Mayo and Collison have a lot of potential, they should be just fine

yanksrock
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Wasnt this thread really I just finally decided to register today.. something clicked in my head as much as I look on the board why not post? lol and this just happened to be my first post lol

:)

Well welcome aboard. Let the squabbling begin :catfight:

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:22 AM
:)

Well welcome aboard. Let the squabbling begin :catfight:

Hahahaha yessir!

Diehard Celtics fan & Pats fan.. not really into baseball or hockey.. also tryingto figure out how to make a sig lol

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Hahahaha yessir!

Diehard Celtics fan & Pats fan.. not really into baseball or hockey.. also tryingto figure out how to make a sig lol

gotta wait somethin like 200 posts to do that. you'll get there young blood

JiffyMix88
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM

thanks been looking for toronto on a world map but i know now i need a map of the solar system thanks alot bro!!!!

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
gotta wait somethin like 200 posts to do that. you'll get there young blood

Oh hahaha ok cool thanks for the heads up, I would have been looking all day LOL.

PS: PP is my idol as well... fav NBA player of all time. (no I dont think hes the BEST lol)

KingPosey
08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
and rondo is arguably the best PG in the league in some people's eyes so were set at the one too. im not saying we have the undisputed best backcourt in the league but discrediting it completely is idiotic.

In people in Boston's eyes maybe....

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 10:39 AM

magic johnson believes it. so does jason kidd. both were pretty good in their prime if i remember so i think they know what they're talking about. again im not saying its undisputed but their opinions have to count for something.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM

I dont even think Rondo is the best PG, I have him 4th ranked behind 1. Deron Williams 2. Chris Paul and 3. Russell Westbrook..... but why do people continue to say Rondo is only the best in Boston fans eyes? thats certainly not true.... Rondo DEFINES Point Guard... and people act like he CANT score and he actually has a AVERAGE jump shot not terrible.. its mental with Rondo.

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh hahaha ok cool thanks for the heads up, I would have been looking all day LOL.

PS: PP is my idol as well... fav NBA player of all time. (no I dont think hes the BEST lol)

same here. and to think he's the best is just too extreme a case of homerism to have a valuable sports opinion lol i just admire his game and toughness.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:42 AM
same here. and to think he's the best is just too extreme a case of homerism to have a valuable sports opinion lol i just admire his game and toughness.

Yeah lol top 50 player.. somewhere between 40-50 IMO.

Heatcheck
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM

No one "completely discredited them", They shouldnt be mentioned in the best back court discussion. just because your PG had a good series in the playoffs, doesnt mean he's john stockton all of a sudden and everyone else will be that much better.

lkingratedr
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Deron Williams and Joe Johnson called they said they coming to the party too

WERONEDC
08-02-2012, 10:47 AM
1) Nash and Kobe2) Jennings and Monta or Westbrook and Harden4) Parker and Manu
5) D-Will and Joe

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
No one "completely discredited them", They shouldnt be mentioned in the best back court discussion. just because your PG had a good series in the playoffs, doesnt mean he's john stockton all of a sudden and everyone else will be that much better.

a good series? you think he's had "one" good series? dude seriously check your facts. Rondo is 6th in playoff triple doubles...and nobody said he was john stockton lol i simply said that there are a lot of people, ones w/ serious credibility, who think he's the best Point Guard in the league.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:50 AM

Oh I know, all hes done is have 1 good series in the playoffs LOL

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I dont even think Rondo is the best PG, I have him 4th ranked behind 1. Deron Williams 2. Chris Paul and 3. Russell Westbrook..... but why do people continue to say Rondo is only the best in Boston fans eyes? thats certainly not true.... Rondo DEFINES Point Guard... and people act like he CANT score and he actually has a AVERAGE jump shot not terrible.. its mental with Rondo.

so Deron Williams is better than CP3 and Westbrook is better than Rose and Rondo?

Heatcheck
08-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Who are these people that say he's the best, your sources?

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:52 AM
so Deron Williams is better than CP3 and Westbrook is better than Rose and Rondo?

Thats what I said didnt I? Thats my opinion... you have yours, I have mine.

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 11:00 AM

ok then

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
ok then

Dont get blinded by the atrocious roster D-Will has had the last few seasons... Cp3 is not tough enough IMO hes a little baby.. Dwill is a lot stronger and tougher built for the long haul you know? they both are brilliant PGs its a very close 1-2... I have no beef with anyone having CP3 over Williams though.

yanksrock
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Good start :catfight:

:laugh:

EDUTEXANS
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Dont get blinded by the atrocious roster D-Will has had the last few seasons... Cp3 is not tough enough IMO hes a little baby.. Dwill is a lot stronger and tougher built for the long haul you know? they both are brilliant PGs its a very close 1-2... I have no beef with anyone having CP3 over Williams though.

I just don't see it, to me Deron is not a top 3 PG, Chris Paul, Rose and Rondo are better player in my opinion

DKGiants
08-02-2012, 11:20 AM

***Off Topic*** All I know is that ur the biggest front-runner i've ever seen... Celtics, Yankees & Packer fan? Lmfao are u sure ur not a Montreal Canadians fan also? And u might want to become a Pitt Steelers fan now..

jamesdiego
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
This is easily the best one this yr.......Hinrich and Rip Hamilton baby. Two words: WATCH OUT! I think this is finally the year Hinrich fulfills Steve Kerr's prediction that he's the next Nash.

Oh yeah........gotta love my big city team that goes to all lengths financially to put the best team on the floor.

Shoot me........this is gonna be a long yr. **** you Reinsdorf

TheIlladelph16
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
This is easily the best one this yr.......Hinrich and Rip Hamilton baby. Two words: WATCH OUT! I think this is finally the year Hinrich fulfills Steve Kerr's prediction that he's the next Nash.

Oh yeah........gotta love my big city team that goes to all lengths financially to put the best team on the floor.

Shoot me........this is gonna be a long yr. **** you Reinsdorf

Post of the day hahaha

Kobe/Nash
Harden/Westbrook
Deron/JJ
Parker/Manu

Too hungover to think of any more, but I think that's a reasonable top 4. Celtics could slide in there right after although I think Courtney Lee is a tad overhyped by Boston at this point.

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM
***Off Topic*** All I know is that ur the biggest front-runner i've ever seen... Celtics, Yankees & Packer fan? Lmfao are u sure ur not a Montreal Canadians fan also? And u might want to become a Pitt Steelers fan now..

except no i've followed these teams since i was a kid. its the teams my dad followed and his dad. when i was a kid up until a few years ago the packers were terrible and the celtics were garbage for my whole life up until 2008. and i really don't even watch baseball anymore.

front runner means changing teams to who ever is a top the league, but i don't change my teams sooo yeah. sorry.

thenaj17
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm pretty sure most people in here would agree that Celtics backcourt definitely isn't even top 4. An argument can easily be made for 5th however with Clippers.

Lakers - Nash, Kobe
Spurs - Parker, Ginobili
Nets - Williams, Johnson
Thunder - Westbrook, Harden

Maybe in a different order but these are without doubt the best backcourt duos

Piercefan34
08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure most people in here would agree that Celtics backcourt definitely isn't even top 4. An argument can easily be made for 5th however with Clippers.

Lakers - Nash, Kobe
Spurs - Parker, Ginobili
Nets - Williams, Johnson
Thunder - Westbrook, Harden

Maybe in a different order but these are without doubt the best backcourt duos

yeah i'd agree with 5. i never said they were top but i said they were among the best.

Stinkyoutsider
08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I think Mayo and Collison will be a solid backcourt but I think they're going to find it hard to get opportunities to score (especially Mayo). Dirk is still the number 1 and now you've got bigs in Brand and Kaman who can score with their back to the basket.

Mayo and Collison are good in transition and can be a good combination but with the rest of the lineup in Dallas, how can they possibly be any more than a half court team? And, when it's a half court team, you're going to need to get the ball to Dirk...