PDA

View Full Version : how good could the warriors be next year?

11jgib
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Golden state warriors. Last season klay thompson had a great second half of the season. He's young and talented a depleted position in the league. Harison barnes at the very least can be a very solid role player at the three and make an immediate impact. Great pickup, smart move to tank the second half the season and move up in draft while giving injured players extra recovery time. Which brings me to andrew bogut and stephen curry. Curry was outstanding the second half of his rookie season and has been simpley stellar for the most part whenever healthy. Bogut was a steal for them last year. He's an incredible defensive player. And a top 5 center in a league that has very few legit centers. They also got rid of monta ellis who was hindering both klay thompson and stephen currys development as well as their cap space. They also resigned brandon rush who played exceptional last year off the bench for them and really seemed to find his role. I'm unclear whether richard jefferson is still on the roster. If so he's a solid vet who could provide solid bench minutes although he's overpaid. If not his contract probably doesn't have much longer which makes his expiring contract good trade bait. Also, great pickup in carl landry. He's a very solid player without much exposure and could start on several teams and is still young. He can give them great minutes when david lee rests who coinidently had a career year last year. They have great potential. I'm very impressed with their moves. They went from a team that competed in a lot of games but couldn't win many to a scary solid team with several young players who should only get better. Thoughts?

nirvana235
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
9th seed.

11jgib
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Unless oj mayo and darren collison have outstanding years I don't see dallas being better than them. I think they have better players than denver. That's two playoff teams from this past year they could very well be higher than. Unless other up and comers who didn't make playoffs exceed expectations next year (minesota and portland possibly?) I don't see how they could be 9th seed

dee279
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
If Curry and Bogut can stay healthy, they could definantly be a playoff team.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 10:18 PM
didn't you see the other thread? jesus, new guy...

Oefarmy2005
08-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Exactly. Do we really need another thread about the mediocre Warriors team?

COOLbeans
08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Playoffs but it will be difficult and there will be a lot of obstacles to overcome such as injuries and developing team chemistry.

COOLbeans
08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Exactly. Do we really need another thread about the mediocre Warriors team?

Hahaha you need to study the game of basketball. The warriors have the best shooting starting lineup in the league, and a defensive player in Bogut. And an outstanding bench with a great mix of role players and young guys.

How can you call that mediocre unless you are on a complete troll mission right now?

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
1. **** you, oefarmy
2. we have the best jumpshooting team. we lack the guy who can take and make the tough shot.

mp3
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
:clap:

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 10:56 PM

I think he's doing it on purpose just to annoy you.

seikou8
08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
omg tread of theses treads everyone looks good on paper, but the games are played on the court.

seikou8
08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
omg tread of theses treads everyone looks good on paper, but the games are played on the court.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah I agree, wait till we get on the court. On paper everything looks great though. If chemistry is good we can be up to a 6th seed this season.

kingkenny01
08-01-2012, 11:18 PM
i laugh so much warrior's fans always think that the bogut deal was a steal, when bogut suits up half the games next season we will see who got the better deal

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
At best 3 behind 8th seed, most likely last in West..I dont see a Western team worse than the Warriors.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 11:22 PM
i laugh so much warrior's fans always think that the bogut deal was a steal, when bogut suits up half the games next season we will see who got the better deal

Watch out guys we got a badass over here. Dude just shutup please.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 11:23 PM
At best 3 behind 8th seed, most likely last in West..I dont see a Western team worse than the Warriors.

Trolling 101

Vinylman
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
upside... 6th seed ... first round loser

downside.... 9th seed due to continued injury bug

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Trolling 101

Whos worse than the Warriors?

tredigs
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Most likely Portland, New Orleans, Sac. Arguable but I'd like their chances over Utah, Minny, Phoenix, Houston. I'll definitely take them over Dallas next year, and we'll see on Denver. I see them anywhere from the 5 to 10 seed next season, and I'd put them at 6th or 7th if I'm betting.

Incredibly good perimeter shooting team - it's possible they'll be one of the best outside shooting teams in NBA history with Curry/Rush/Klay Thompson supplemented by J. Jack/Jefferson/Barnes/Draymond Green - to go along with a very strong paint presence. I'd say their ultimate success rests on Bogut not having another freak injury - which I'm actually not hugely worried about. Time will tell.

I know you're just a common troll doing your thing, but it's a fair question. So there's the potential answer.

Run&Gun
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Most likely Portland, New Orleans, Sac. Arguable but I'd like their chances over Utah, Minny, Phoenix, Houston. I'll definitely take them over Dallas next year, and we'll see on Denver. I see them anywhere from the 5 to 10 seed next season, and I'd put them at 6th or 7th if I'm betting.

Incredibly good perimeter shooting team - it's possible they'll be one of the best outside shooting teams in NBA history with Curry/Rush/Klay Thompson supplemented by J. Jack/Jefferson/Barnes/Draymond Green - to go along with a very strong paint presence. I'd say their ultimate success rests on Bogut not having another freak injury - which I'm actually not hugely worried about. Time will tell.

I know you're just a common troll doing your thing, but it's a fair question. So there's the potential answer.

Agreed, I would say we should be able to compete evenly with Minny, Denver and Utah I def. like our bench over these teams, but I have to wait and see how our defense pans out. I think I'll say Dallas is better but only out of respect for Dirk cuz. that team is put together full of underperformers.

OKC, Spurs, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis are the only teams I can say for sure are better than us, everone else I think we're better or can compete evenly at least until we see them play.

Monta is beast
08-02-2012, 12:17 AM

For sure: Houston, Sacramento, New Orleans, Portland, & Phoenix.

Possibly: Utah, Dallas, Denver, & T-Wolves.

IversonIsKrazy
08-02-2012, 01:01 AM
If healthy, they can snatch the 8th seed imo. But that's a big if considering their luck past few years. Hopefully they can stay healthy because I like them at the 8th seed. Imo, it's Warriors or T'Wolves grabbing the 8th seed, both pending injuries.

BallIsAll
08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Agreed, I would say we should be able to compete evenly with Minny, Denver and Utah I def. like our bench over these teams, but I have to wait and see how our defense pans out. I think I'll say Dallas is better but only out of respect for Dirk cuz. that team is put together full of underperformers.

OKC, Spurs, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis are the only teams I can say for sure are better than us, everone else I think we're better or can compete evenly at least until we see them play.

for starters

Denver < Minny, Utah by a wide margin so i dont see how you can compete evenly with all 3 of those teams

I see the west like this

OKC
Lakers
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Dallas
Memphis
Jazz
GSW - IF bogut and curry actually play

then the rest is a toss up
depending on how rivers gordon and davis play together they can be top 8.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and bench wise the Nuggets still edge them by a wide margin. They throw a starting line up as their second unit.

Miller
Hamilton - (R) Fournier
Chandler - Brewer
Harrington - Randolph
Mozgof - Kufous

Its easy to say your bench is better than another team while looking at your roster only.

eternal slumber
08-02-2012, 02:23 AM
isn't there a same thread already?

MintBerryCrunch
08-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Golden State fans are turning my second favorite team into one I hate.
So delirious. So obnoxious .

COOLbeans
08-02-2012, 03:48 AM
If you hate a team because of a few fans on a website then you sir have no life. We don't want you as a fan.

MintBerryCrunch
08-02-2012, 04:08 AM
If you hate a team because of a few fans on a website then you sir have no life. We don't want you as a fan.

Dude chill out .. Hahah.

Mave1002
08-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Golden state warriors. Last season klay thompson had a great second half of the season. He's young and talented a depleted position in the league. Harison barnes at the very least can be a very solid role player at the three and make an immediate impact. Great pickup, smart move to tank the second half the season and move up in draft while giving injured players extra recovery time. Which brings me to andrew bogut and stephen curry. Curry was outstanding the second half of his rookie season and has been simpley stellar for the most part whenever healthy. Bogut was a steal for them last year. He's an incredible defensive player. And a top 5 center in a league that has very few legit centers. They also got rid of monta ellis who was hindering both klay thompson and stephen currys development as well as their cap space. They also resigned brandon rush who played exceptional last year off the bench for them and really seemed to find his role. I'm unclear whether richard jefferson is still on the roster. If so he's a solid vet who could provide solid bench minutes although he's overpaid. If not his contract probably doesn't have much longer which makes his expiring contract good trade bait. Also, great pickup in carl landry. He's a very solid player without much exposure and could start on several teams and is still young. He can give them great minutes when david lee rests who coinidently had a career year last year. They have great potential. I'm very impressed with their moves. They went from a team that competed in a lot of games but couldn't win many to a scary solid team with several young players who should only get better. Thoughts?

Could be the next Chris Mullin.

DitchDat
08-02-2012, 04:56 AM
The future looks bright for them

Trueblue2
08-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Golden state quietly improved and has potential to be a good team this year and depending on development of their young players they could actually be a contender in a few years. It's worth talking about, I'd rather see 2 GSW threads than 20 Dwight threads. Why discourage people from talking about small market teams' playoff hopes in the NBA forum? It's the off season and it could be a good discussion. I'm a Laker fan but even I think it's pretty damn stupid that starting a thread about anything other than Dwight, LA, Miami, Chicago, New York, or Brooklyn is so frowned upon here. Quit *****ing.

Crab Dribble!
08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Why discourage people from talking about small market teams' playoff hopes in the NBA forum? I'm a Laker fan but even I think it's pretty damn stupid that starting a thread about anything other than Dwight, LA, Miami, Chicago, New York, or Brooklyn is so frowned upon here.

The Warriors are a small market team?

tredigs
08-02-2012, 06:15 PM
The Warriors are a small market team?

Yeah, they would actually classify as a large market. Not even a mid. It's just that this is the first time in a few generations they've had ownership willing to tap into that. Starting with the players and coaching infrastructure, culminating in the half billion dollar move to set up a new stadium on the SF Pier by 2017. Definitely a new team planned for the highest price sold for a team in NBA history (by a country mile). You don't spend that kind of cash and sit on it.

IgglesFanInCO
08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I see them in the 6-9 range in the west, just a tough conference, but to all those who keep saying the warriors have a better team than the nuggets or the grizzlies.... just no..... you are drinking the koolaid, now once in the playoffs they could be a darkhorse team if healthy but there are a lot of teams out west who beat them in terms of talent even discounting health concerns

xxplayerxx23
08-02-2012, 08:41 PM
GSW for the 6 seed FTW!!