PDA

View Full Version : He's a "great" player! "Dynasty", perhaps?

majmarcus
08-01-2012, 07:56 PM
With words like "Great" being so frequently used in todays sports. It(great) has, IMO, lost much of its value/meaning. Sports analyst, reporters, journalists, & just regular everyday fans in general are guilty of contributing to the gross over usage of the carelessly thrown around term "Great."

Which brings me to another term that is on its way to being used when NOT needed; "Dynasty!" Now I cant speak for anyone else. But me personally, Dynasty should only be used when whatever team is in the midst of their run. I.e. the 90's bulls teams winning 6 titles in 8 years(2 3peats) or the Dallas Cowboys winning 3super bowls in 4yrs appearing in 4 consecutive nfc championship games. Now those teams were Dynasties because they went out & proved it. Even the years they didnt win it, they were still very competetive in not qoing away quietly. Not to mention(and I hate Im about to go here lol)...but they had legitimate reasons for not bringing home the hardware...

Cowboys lost the co-builder/head coach in Jimmy Johnson after going back to back. They werent exactly the healthiest team that year and still, the 49ers had to BUY a defense to finally break through 38-28. A friggin classic game by the way.

The bulls didnt have Jordan for like a season & a half. However, with a Scottie Pippen lead team. The Bulls still made it to the ECF losing to the Knicks. Jordan comes back midway through the following season(#45), bulls get bounced 4-2 in the 2nd round by a young/hungry Penny & Shaq lead Orlando Magic team who werent at all slouches at that time.

In closing, my point is the following.
The Individual players who bust their tails in trying to be the absolute BEST player they can be in maximizing the talent/gifts God has/had bestowed upon them needs to respected a bit more. Anyone can bounce or catch a ball. Many people can run fast, make a 3pt shot, score a touchdown, etc... But as it applies to their respective sport, try doing a combination of whats needed at the time it matters most. Believe it or not. Not so many players want the ball in their hands when the win or loss is determined by what they do with it.

Very few players want the opportunity again & again after failing other times. What we should be grateful for is witnessing ACTUAL GREATNESS when achieved & not merely when its hoped for. Many players sniffs greatness, some are able to taste greatness, while a select few get to eat greatness. The teams I mentioned earlier are bonafied examples of what "Great" is. We'll know who the Micheal Irvin's & Emmit Smith's & Troy Aikman's & Scottie Pippen's & Jordan are yrs from now because they were more than just good players that contributed to Super Bowls & NBA titles. They were GREAT players who contributed to DYNASTIES that noone will forget about.

StinkEye
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Why did I read this?

majmarcus
08-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Lol...Bro, what triggered this post was when I heard the eagles on the radio talking about how they couldve been a dynasty & shouldve won the SB the last 2yrs. Great this, dynasty that etc... Its was just me venting I guess. Nothing more or less, thats all

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
why does basically EVERYONE have the facts wrong about the 1994 Bulls?! they got bounced in the 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND

take a good look people, stare at it for hours if need be until it sinks in. it was the 2ND ROUND they lost to the knicks (5-0 vs NYK in playoff series every season with Jordan), the ECF was the Knicks vs Pacers in 1994. FACT. why am i one of the rare few people that know what really happened? even so called experts on some sports sites will say they lost in the ECF in 1994. i hear that wrong BS all the time. it was the 2ND ROUND!!! 100% FACT.

and in 95 he was off almost 2 straight years playing a totally different sport full time, he only played the last 17 games. well less than 1/4 the season, yet people like to say he played HALF the season. obviously he was a bit rusty, his 41%FG says it(compared to his normal 51%) & had they not lost horace grant, or replaced him with a good pf for a year until Rodman got there, they'd have beat Orlando even with MJ rusty, cause he was playing quite well in those playoffs. get your facts straight people

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
but yea i agree the Magic with SHAQ & Penny were no joke. the Bulls swept them in 96, very impressive.

dnewguy
08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
You must have smoked the same thing Snoop Lion smoked. Did you just finish smoking and thought...well, here's a great idea, the word "great" is overused.

smiddy012
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Why did I read this?

I have no ****ing clue.

What is he trying to say?

I have no ****ing clue.

majmarcus
08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
LmaO...ok fine...I didnt google the ish to verify & made some errors. But dammit, yall know what I was trying to say about the whole great & dynasty thing. And regardless of what any of you say, The Magic were hungry that ONE year. I know a better prepared & more ready Bulls team beat the h3ll out of em that following year in a 4game sweep. Winning by 38pts in game one(I think).

But screw all of you!!! Im proud of all my posts that result in failure...the epic kind of failures!!!!

Psd if a tough crowd...I love effing witcha...I know I can count on my fellow Psd'ers to be honest in their opinions as well as hella funny :D

Shkelqim
08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
get the Eagles out of your mouth. ratard

StinkEye
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
****, I read it again. :(

naps
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

majmarcus
08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
get the Eagles out of your mouth. ratard
Ill get EAGLES out of my mouth when the EAGLES become something more than the annual Roster Champions. By the way, whats "ratard?" Also, what year did the EAGLES last win a super bowl?? If you can give me that info, that'll be great. Oops, there goes that word again. Bro, seriously, I can easily admit to a bad post & take the backlash from it...I have thick skin.

But for an EAGLES fan to attempt to run up on me is a bit much. Win something besides the "All Hype team" and get back with me. Im over 30yrs old & have no memory of an EAGLE hoisting the SB trophy! Maybe it happened in the early 80's Idk. But your tough talk as an EAGLES fan is severely limited due to your team's repeat choking regardless of who they place on the field. And next time you call someone something of an insult. Please, spell the damn word right. Now, on 3...1, 2, 3 ******!!!!!

Six-8-TheWizard
08-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Why did I read this?

Lol this

pd1dish
08-02-2012, 01:34 AM
why does basically EVERYONE have the facts wrong about the 1994 Bulls?! they got bounced in the 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND ROUND, 2ND

take a good look people, stare at it for hours if need be until it sinks in. it was the 2ND ROUND they lost to the knicks (5-0 vs NYK in playoff series every season with Jordan), the ECF was the Knicks vs Pacers in 1994. FACT. why am i one of the rare few people that know what really happened? even so called experts on some sports sites will say they lost in the ECF in 1994. i hear that wrong BS all the time. it was the 2ND ROUND!!! 100% FACT.

and in 95 he was off almost 2 straight years playing a totally different sport full time, he only played the last 17 games. well less than 1/4 the season, yet people like to say he played HALF the season. obviously he was a bit rusty, his 41%FG says it(compared to his normal 51%) & had they not lost horace grant, or replaced him with a good pf for a year until Rodman got there, they'd have beat Orlando even with MJ rusty, cause he was playing quite well in those playoffs. get your facts straight people

hate runs deep in your blood