PDA

View Full Version : 2008 redemption team > 1992 dream team

brian24kobe
08-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Pg: John stockton , magic johnson 92
pg: Cp3 , deron williams , jason kidd 08
who's stockton going to guard? Magic just came from retirement.

Sg:mj23 , clyde drexler 92
sg:kobe bryant , dwyane wade, michael redd 08
= you got kobe on his prime vs mj on his prime also = , dwayne wade > drexler

sf:larry bird, scottie pippen , chris mullin 92
sf:carmelo anthony, lebron james , tayshaun prince 08
ok i understand bird is a great player but he was nursing a bad back on 92 so do you really think he can cover melo or lebron?!, pippen can only handle so much..melo and bron is going to put him on foul trouble! And mulllin...like really...he cant play defense...

Pf:christian laettner, karl malone, charles barley 92
pf:chris bosh , carlos boozer, 08
ok i give the slight advantage here for the 92 team because barley and malone is better than boozer and bosh..but booz and bosh are tough and competitive so i dont think there going to let malone and them bully them around.

C:david robinson, patrick ewing 92
c:dwight superman howard 08

i honestly think dhoward can handle both david and ewing. We all know howard is a beast on the block he aint no weaklink.

Overall 08 is a better team. 08 will beat 92 easily. Speed and quickness will kill the 92 team.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
You dont remember how bad Dwight played in 08, Bosh was their best option at Center. NUFF SAID.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Do this for Dream Team III vs Redeem team. I have that as the best USA team of all time

brian24kobe
08-01-2012, 07:33 PM
You dont remember how bad Dwight played in 08, Bosh was their best option at Center. NUFF SAID.

shows you how versatile this 08 team. bosh a pf can play the c.
one more thing... the level of competition now compare before..its not even close... now you got european teams with 5+ nba players on their squad...before..almost NONE

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
bosh is underrated at the center position. he will play a lot more center this upcoming season and people will see.

Ladies Man
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
shows you how versatile this 08 team. bosh a pf can play the c.
one more thing... the level of competition now compare before..its not even close... now you got european teams with 5+ nba players on their squad...before..almost NONE

Versatile? Dream Team had a POINT GUARD who could play every position. Dream Team>Redemption Team

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Versatile? Dream Team had a POINT GUARD who could play every position. Dream Team>Redemption Team

92 team would win for sure, but the lebron can play the point and 1 through 5

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Whos guarding Magic?

brian24kobe
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM

lebron james 1-5

NYKnicks4511
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Whos guarding Magic?

LeBron, Wade, Prince, there are a plethora of options, Magic was at the tail end of his career. Don't agree with the OP, Dream Team would still blow '08 out of the water.

brian24kobe
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Whos guarding Magic?

whos guardinng lebron? melo ? wade ? kobe? cp3? dwill? dwight?

bringbackfredex
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Nobody Cares > This Thread

I don't see why people even compare the teams, as long as they win who gives a ****? They'll never play against each other so these conversations are so pointless.

brian24kobe
08-01-2012, 07:51 PM
overrated 92just because they did it "first"...that doesnt mean anything.

John Walls Era
08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Whos guarding Magic?

Contrary to popular belief, Larry and Magic were way past their prime. But I still have 92 based on a few players alone, but 2008 would put up a better fight.

greg_ory_2005
08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Robinson. That's all you need to know. Boozer and Bosh aren't doing **** against those guys. And Dwight would probably end up fouling out.

mdm692
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
You can put MJ in the 2012 Bobcats and they still beat the redeem team :p.

sjbirds
08-01-2012, 07:55 PM
overrated 92just because they did it "first"...that doesnt mean anything. no its because they had 11 hall of famers...

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
LeBron, Wade, Prince, there are a plethora of options
But all of those options leave the PG on a bigger player. Can you say mouse in the house?

Magic was at the tail end of his career. Don't agree with the OP, Dream Team would still blow '08 out of the water.
Magic was at the tail end of his prime, he was still a star player. Its not like his ball handling, vision, and height diminished. Hell, he came back many years later and played at a high level still. Lets not act like he was in danger of falling out.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Larry and Magic were way past their prime. But I still have 92 based on a few players alone.
I dont think anyone thinks Bird was in his prime but contrary to popular belief, Magic contracting Aids didnt kill his game. Its not as if he suffered a devastating back/knee injury or something.

RLundi
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I still am not sure. I think the Redeem team would put up a good fight and maybe even win. This 2012 team would get slaughtered, but the 2008 is a good match-up.

N.Y. Fanatic
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
92' did it first. Therefore everybody is overwhelmed by the way the did it. Like MJ he will always be the best player ever cause he changed the game. It would be a hard descion who to pick but we will never know so its just speculation

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Dream Team big guys are gonna get fed in the post but I think the athleticism and and up tempo speed of the Redeem team can cause some problems for Dream team's big guys
MJ is GOAT but you got Kobe and Wade to neutralize him.

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Magic was only 32, & in great shape(only retired cause hiv, still prime young magic basically, believe that). he would be a huge advantage at PG. he'd post anyone up, especially those little nat pgs from 08 if they dared guard him. he was a solid defender as well, quick feet. stockton could guard any pg, he was a great defender. pippen is the best defensive SF ever, he'd hold his matchup under their normal averages & FG%, same with Jordan, Kobe would shoot 35%, Michael would shoot 55% or better. better to put LeBron on Michael than Kobe, but Michael would torch any defender at will. same with barkley & malone, they'd post up at will. ahhhhh forget it, it's getting sad, i'll stop their 1992 clearly wins this game

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM
lol 2008 team would have trouble with the 2004 team

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Dream Team big guys are gonna get fed in the post but I think the athleticism and and up tempo speed of the Redeem team can cause some problems for Dream team's big guys
MJ is GOAT but you got Kobe and Wade to neutralize him.Drexler was pretty much as good as Wade or very close, & Michael was definitely better than Kobe. even 35 year old Michael was better than any version of Kobe, but this was Michael at age 29, so it's not even close. Michael wins all day

effen5
08-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Kids these days

Rosh
08-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Greg Stiemsma > Kevin Durant

Did I do this right?

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Greg Stiemsma > Kevin Durant

Did I do this right?

Missing a few >

dAngelo
08-02-2012, 01:50 AM

ok i understand bird is a great player but he was nursing a bad back on 92 so do you really think he can cover melo or lebron?!, pippen can only handle so much..melo and bron is going to put him on foul trouble! And mulllin...like really...he cant play defense...

ok i give the slight advantage here for the 92 team because barley and malone is better than boozer and bosh..but booz and bosh are tough and competitive so i dont think there going to let malone and them bully them around.

i honestly think dhoward can handle both david and ewing. We all know howard is a beast on the block he aint no weaklink.

Overall 08 is a better team. 08 will beat 92 easily. Speed and quickness will kill the 92 team.

Bolded parts made me chuckle.

You are seriously overrating the 08 players and underrating the 92 players.
Also,
96 > 92 > 08 > 12 > 00 > 04

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 05:39 AM
for the people ragging on Larry Bird at age 35. sure he was declining, & his back was bothering him, but he still put up some excellent numbers. like his game vs the trail blazers march 15th 1992. 49 pts, 14 rb, 12 ast, 4 stl. now that is a moster triple double! vs the western conference champs, & a very solid defense. (Drexler had 41 pts, 11 ast, 8 rb)so Bird was past his prime but he was still Larry Bird, & was still a brilliant player, still better than most could ever dream of on their best day

MickeyMgl
08-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Based on what the "Redeem" Team did to a far far far far far far far overwhelmingly far greater level of opposition, the above is true.

Aust
08-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Please... for all that is good in this world STOP MAKING THESE THREADS

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 06:07 AM
The athletes since 92 have evolved for the better, so I would guess 2008 and 2012 teams would beat the 1992 team...but, the 1992 team was the best ever assembled for their time. Meaning, if a Charles Barkley evolved into a 2008 athlete, or a Magic, Larry, etc...evolved into a 2008 athlete, then the 92 team is far better than the 2008 team.

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 06:43 AM
evolved, lol, yea they were still cavemen way back a whopping 20 years ago in 1992. they couldn't barely walk upright, let alone play. these 2012 players are real people finally, unlike their cavemen predecessors. they'd just dribble right on by them & dunk everytime cause how futuristic & evolved they are. i dunno if they ever found the bones of those prehistoric players from way back in 1992, i don't think archaeologists have ever found bones quite that old. Jordan & Drexler couldn't even get net if they jumped their highest

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Based on what the "Redeem" Team did to a far far far far far far far overwhelmingly far greater level of opposition, the above is true.
their opposition sucks too. i don't think any team they play is any better than croatia 1992. 5 nba players, including Petrovic (hall of famer), Kukoc, & Dino Radja. no international roster is really super impressive. 1992 croatia is right up there with 08s best, utter crap(compared to usa) basically, lol. not any impressive international teams today or 08, there's just "more"decent basically crappy teams than in 1992, but croatia is as good as these pieces of garbage today

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Wow, that was a terrible post.

The 2012 athlete is absolutely a better athlete than the 1992 athlete. I am not a young person, I am 27, I know that the type of player now, is better in athletic ability, than an athlete 20 years ago.

Kingz4L
08-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Im going to respectfully disagree, the 92 team had players that this generation will never have the privilege of watching. I want you think about 1 thing before you start thinking Deron Willams would make Stockton look like a regular. Stockton is the league leader in steals and assists...AND HE IS COMING OFF THE BENCH. Tell me how many players the o8 team will have in the top 50 players of all time..or in this matter..the hof alone?

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 07:02 AM
there are exceptions, but based on athletic ability, which can be measured, the 2008 team, and the 2012 team are better athletically than the 92 team...which can be proven...evolution of the athlete Hidalgo.

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
their opposition sucks too. i don't think any team they play is any better than croatia 1992. 5 nba players, including Petrovic (hall of famer), Kukoc, & Dino Radja. no international roster is really super impressive. 1992 croatia is right up there with 08s best, utter crap(compared to usa) basically, lol. not any impressive international teams today or 08, there's just "more"decent basically crappy teams than in 1992, but croatia is as good as these pieces of garbage today

You are kidding me...basketball has completely globalized since 92. The foreign teams nowadays, are far superior to the international teams 20 years ago.

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 07:14 AM

The 2012 athlete is absolutely a better athlete than the 1992 athlete. I am not a young person, I am 27, I know that the type of player now, is better in athletic ability, than an athlete 20 years ago.i don't think so, but even if that were true it takes more than athletics, it takes skill, fundamentals, & great basketball IQs., and 1992 dominates those areas, while still having some freakish athletes. Jordan, Drexler, David Robinson, Barkley, etc could jump out the gym. Magic would absolutely abuse these pgs today or Jordan would if they got scared to guard Magic & switched. you're just young enough to be new school, & to have missed out on those days, especially if you don't think they had some super athletic players back then, you were 7, i highly doubt you watched, your heart is with the new school of players, you're their age. i'm 33 just barely old enough to have been seriously paying attention to the nba in 1992, but anyone with eyes can see the player were absolutely fine athleticly then

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 07:19 AM
athletic ability can be measured. the athlete now in the NBA, is more athletically gifted than the athlete in 92...seriously, it can be, and has been proven.

as far as Magic goes, he was one of the all time greats, but in todays game, he plays small forward, so he would not be guarded by the likes of Paul or Deron, he would be guarded by James.

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
You are kidding me...basketball has completely globalized since 92. The foreign teams nowadays, are far superior to the international teams 20 years ago.
how many international teams did i mention? 1, & that was croatia. they had 5 nba players, & definitely solid for an international team. in other word, pure & utter crap like spain & these trash teams now. sure they got some solid nba players, but they're no match whatsoever. croatia 1992 = 2012s best. all helpless if USA plays halfway decent

croatia was ahead of the curve then basketball wise, far more than the other international teams ( lithuania 2nd)

PurpleJesus
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
lol

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
athletic ability can be measured. the athlete now in the NBA, is more athletically gifted than the athlete in 92...seriously, it can be, and has been proven.

as far as Magic goes, he was one of the all time greats, but in todays game, he plays small forward, so he would not be guarded by the likes of Paul or Deron, he would be guarded by James.
how do you figure he wouldn't play PG? he was a PG, of course he'd play PG. and if they wouldn't guard him, then MJ or Karl Malone or Scottie would absue them by posting them up or easily shooing over them. way too much size the dream team has. i'd be thurally impressed if 2012 kept it to only a 10-12 point loss.

NYKalltheway
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
These threads should be banned. No need for the random viewer to see beforehand that the level of posting in the NBA forum is kindergarden level.

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 07:55 AM
well, i guess there's no changing anyone's mind (although you should think of the matchup nightmares 1992 would have over 2012). i guess it comes down to a vote, & even 20 years later, in 2012s own era, where they should have the advantage, the vast majority vote the 1992 would win. like 80% so it's settled already really

eso
08-02-2012, 08:01 AM

The 2012 athlete is absolutely a better athlete than the 1992 athlete. I am not a young person, I am 27, I know that the type of player now, is better in athletic ability, than an athlete 20 years ago.

wow this is so wrong. lets go through this position by position..

PG, the best athlete ever at this position is Magic
SG, The best athlete ever at this position and maybe any position or sport is Jordan
SF, Lebron may get the nod here but Pip aint far behind
PF, the best athlete ever at this position snorted a lot of Snow, Kemp but Barkley is not far behind
C, Robinson was an Athletic Freak the only other comparison was the Dream or Shaq

anybody who debates the 92 team not being the best ever does not know BBall..

you would be hard pressed to put together a world team from 92 through to current that would beat them..

NYY 26 to 7
08-02-2012, 08:13 AM
overrated 92just because they did it "first"...that doesnt mean anything.

You're clearly young and didn't watch anyone on the dream team play it's not close. Also magic was still at the top of his game. He retired because of HIV not because he wasn't still one of the best in the game. The match up part in the OP is so horrible analyzed its a joke.

valade16
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
The idea that players 20 years ago were so inferior athletically to players of today is very misguided. Was the average athlete of 20 years ago not as good as the average athlete of today? Yes.

Were the elite athletes every bit as athletic as today? Yes.

Jordan at 40 years of age averaged 20 PPG in the 2000s. He was drafted in 84. He was every bit as athletic as players of today...

Kobe was drafted in 1996 and last year he was 2nd in the league in PPG. Was Kobe 16 years ago not as athletic as players of today?

Keving Garnett, another guy who came in during the 90s and still plays at a high level. Would he have not been athletic in todays game?

If players like Jordan, Hakeem, Drexler, Malone, Barkely, and Ewing could come in as athletic freaks in the 80's and in the late 90's, early 2000s still play the game, obviously the athleticism hasn't rendered them obsolete as they were playing against many players that are still in the league today...

Heck, Hakeem and Drexler's Houston College nickname was Phi Slamma Jamma because of how much they dunked.

If Hakeem, David Robinson, and Patrick Ewing were in the league today they would be 3 of the 4 most athletic Centers playing.

To say they were unathletic compared to this team is just so, so misguided it is clearly a symptom of youth.

effen5
08-02-2012, 10:06 AM

In this thread: Kids that haven't watched David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone play.

Seriously...Barkley and Malone only have a slight advantage over Boozer and Bosh?

And Dwight can handle both Ewing and Robinson? You do realize Ewing and Robinson have an offensive game unlike most centers in the league and Dwight would probably foul out?

Jesus christ. Seriously how old are you? 16?

nickdymez
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
lebron james 1-5

So Lebron James could stick Patrick Ewing or David Robinson?

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
The 08 redeem team is still undoubtedly not better than the Dream Team... but I will say that the redeem team COULD deff beat the dream team.. unlike this 2012 squad. If the dream team played the redeem team 10 times, Dream team would win 6 or 7... if they played this 2012 team 10 times they win all 10 IMO.

DWhiteTheTruth
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
So Lebron James could stick Patrick Ewing or David Robinson?

Yea I LOVE how people say LeBron can guard any position... DOESNT MEAN HE CAN GUARD THEM GOOD..... he cannot guard Centers and Power Forwards at a high level..

effen5
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
The idea that players 20 years ago were so inferior athletically to players of today is very misguided. Was the average athlete of 20 years ago not as good as the average athlete of today? Yes.

Were the elite athletes every bit as athletic as today? Yes.

Jordan at 40 years of age averaged 20 PPG in the 2000s. He was drafted in 84. He was every bit as athletic as players of today...

Kobe was drafted in 1996 and last year he was 2nd in the league in PPG. Was Kobe 16 years ago not as athletic as players of today?

Keving Garnett, another guy who came in during the 90s and still plays at a high level. Would he have not been athletic in todays game?

If players like Jordan, Hakeem, Drexler, Malone, Barkely, and Ewing could come in as athletic freaks in the 80's and in the late 90's, early 2000s still play the game, obviously the athleticism hasn't rendered them obsolete as they were playing against many players that are still in the league today...

Heck, Hakeem and Drexler's Houston College nickname was Phi Slamma Jamma because of how much they dunked.

If Hakeem, David Robinson, and Patrick Ewing were in the league today they would be 3 of the 4 most athletic Centers playing.

To say they were unathletic compared to this team is just so, so misguided it is clearly a symptom of youth.

If Hakeem, Robinson and Ewing were in the league right now they would be the three best centers in the league right now.

JordansBulls
08-02-2012, 12:29 PM
The Dream Team won there games in the Semifinals and Finals by 41 pts and 32 pts. The Redeem team won there games in the Semifinals and Finals by 20 pts and 11 pts.

John Walls Era
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
The Dream Team won there games in the Semifinals and Finals by 41 pts and 32 pts. The Redeem team won there games in the Semifinals and Finals by 20 pts and 11 pts.

Makes sense since The Dream Team and the Redeem Team played against the same competition.

:rolleyes:

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 04:45 PM

:facepalm:

Chronz
08-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Plz dont post inane stats JB, we were doing so good defending the Dream Team, dont undermine our efforts.

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2012, 05:55 PM
PG: Magic and Stockton are the two best PGs of all time. They win a match-up at PG no matter who the other to PGs are.
SG: MJ is the greatest shooting guard of all time. And Drexler > Wade. People forget how good Drexler was because he played in Jordan's shadow, but look at his numbers in his prime and they are better than Wade in his prime.
SF: This goes to LBJ and Melo obviously, but Pippen is one of the best defenders ever at that SF position and Bird (even with his bad back) and Mullen are better shooters than LBJ and Melo. So though LBJ and Melo win the position, it isn't by much. And if we were talking about a healthy Bird, it would go to the original Dream Team.
PF: Boozer and bosh next to Malone and Barkley? Seriously? Barkley and Malone would dominate this position.
C: Dwight against Robinson and Ewing? Let me tell you something about the center position. They do not make them like they used to. While Dwight was leading the league with less than three blocks per game, Robinson was leading the league in blocks with around 5 a game. And Robinson and Ewing both had these things called offensive games, to go along with their defence. This position, hands down, would go to the Dream Team.

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2012, 05:58 PM
In this thread: Kids that haven't watched David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone play.

Seriously...Barkley and Malone only have a slight advantage over Boozer and Bosh?

And Dwight can handle both Ewing and Robinson? You do realize Ewing and Robinson have an offensive game unlike most centers in the league and Dwight would probably foul out?

Jesus christ. Seriously how old are you? 16?

Thank you!

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Do this for Dream Team III vs Redeem team. I have that as the best USA team of all time

It is hard to imagine a team with Hakeem, Robinson and Shaq at center losing a game to anybody. Though they were still missing Jordan.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
David Robinson was the orginal Dwight Howard. But thats where the 2008 team would run into huge problems. Pat, Admiral, Malone, and Barkley. Just the thought of a Bosh guarding a prime Karl Malone... lol.

Reversed86Curse
08-02-2012, 06:07 PM

Wow, this post is horrible on so many levels. Did you even watch any of the 92 team, or are you too young?

N.Y. Fanatic
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
What about '12

Vee-Rex
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Magic was only 32, & in great shape(only retired cause hiv, still prime young magic basically, believe that). he would be a huge advantage at PG. he'd post anyone up, especially those little nat pgs from 08 if they dared guard him. he was a solid defender as well, quick feet. stockton could guard any pg, he was a great defender. pippen is the best defensive SF ever, he'd hold his matchup under their normal averages & FG%, same with Jordan, Kobe would shoot 35%, Michael would shoot 55% or better. better to put LeBron on Michael than Kobe, but Michael would torch any defender at will. same with barkley & malone, they'd post up at will. ahhhhh forget it, it's getting sad, i'll stop their 1992 clearly wins this game

People underestimate Stockton's defense. Stockton had great defense.

Also, Magic would still do great. He was in good shape and at the end of his prime. His court vision and IQ along with Stockton would be able to neutralize the 2008 pgs.

1. Wade just came off a pretty big injury. Wade wouldn't be able to guard Drexler. Drexler would take him to the hole and dunk on him. No one ever mentions Wade's injury, and it really showed in the 2008 Olympics.

2. Lebron was still extremely selfish and not a good closer in 2008. He wasn't a mature basketball despite having so much talent. Putting Pippen on him could possibly frustrate him enough for the other matchups to work in favor of the 1992 team.

3. Dwight was playing terrible. He lost the center position to Bosh. He wouldn't be able to lick the hair on Ewing or D Rob's b****

4. Barkley would be too tough for Carmelo. He'd outrebound, post, and dominate him in the paint. Carmelo would have to be hitting his jumper.

5. Bosh wasn't tough in 2008. Hell, he's not all that tough now, but he did toughen up. A 2008 Bosh would get man handled by Karl Malone. Man. Handled.

6. Kobe would get neutralized by Jordan.

And there you have it, the 2008 team stands no chance against the Dream Team. Someone dispute my list with intelligible arguments, please.

Heediot
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
The athletes since 92 have evolved for the better, so I would guess 2008 and 2012 teams would beat the 1992 team...but, the 1992 team was the best ever assembled for their time. Meaning, if a Charles Barkley evolved into a 2008 athlete, or a Magic, Larry, etc...evolved into a 2008 athlete, then the 92 team is far better than the 2008 team.

How many guys can still emulate the great dunks of Nique, Jordan, and Dr. J even today?

PurpleJesus, overall, yes today's athletes are superior. However, the top level athletes may be on a similar level. In the NFL, Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders of the 80's-90's can still roll with the likes Of Chris Johnson and Jacoby Ford.

justinnum1
08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
lol

Longhornfan1234
08-02-2012, 07:34 PM
People underestimate Stockton's defense. Stockton had great defense.

Also, Magic would still do great. He was in good shape and at the end of his prime. His court vision and IQ along with Stockton would be able to neutralize the 2008 pgs.

1. Wade just came off a pretty big injury. Wade wouldn't be able to guard Drexler. Drexler would take him to the hole and dunk on him. No one ever mentions Wade's injury, and it really showed in the 2008 Olympics.
2. Lebron was still extremely selfish and not a good closer in 2008. He wasn't a mature basketball despite having so much talent. Putting Pippen on him could possibly frustrate him enough for the other matchups to work in favor of the 1992 team.

3. Dwight was playing terrible. He lost the center position to Bosh. He wouldn't be able to lick the hair on Ewing or D Rob's b****

4. Barkley would be too tough for Carmelo. He'd outrebound, post, and dominate him in the paint. Carmelo would have to be hitting his jumper.

5. Bosh wasn't tough in 2008. Hell, he's not all that tough now, but he did toughen up. A 2008 Bosh would get man handled by Karl Malone. Man. Handled.

6. Kobe would get neutralized by Jordan.

And there you have it, the 2008 team stands no chance against the Dream Team. Someone dispute my list with intelligible arguments, please.

Did you watch the '08 Olympics? LOL.

Hitman21
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
PG: Magic and Stockton are the two best PGs of all time. They win a match-up at PG no matter who the other to PGs are.
SG: MJ is the greatest shooting guard of all time. And Drexler > Wade. People forget how good Drexler was because he played in Jordan's shadow, but look at his numbers in his prime and they are better than Wade in his prime.
SF: This goes to LBJ and Melo obviously, but Pippen is one of the best defenders ever at that SF position and Bird (even with his bad back) and Mullen are better shooters than LBJ and Melo. So though LBJ and Melo win the position, it isn't by much. And if we were talking about a healthy Bird, it would go to the original Dream Team.
PF: Boozer and bosh next to Malone and Barkley? Seriously? Barkley and Malone would dominate this position.
C: Dwight against Robinson and Ewing? Let me tell you something about the center position. They do not make them like they used to. While Dwight was leading the league with less than three blocks per game, Robinson was leading the league in blocks with around 5 a game. And Robinson and Ewing both had these things called offensive games, to go along with their defence. This position, hands down, would go to the Dream Team.

nuff said

everyone should start posting their ages....

92 - greatest team ever assembled in american sports

Just the thought of how badly Barkley and Malone would abuse bosh makes me laugh

3ballbomber
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM

somebody should have c*ck-blocked your father the night him & your mother made you

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Did you watch the '08 Olympics? LOL.

i agree with everything he said except Wade... he was excellent in the 2008 olympics, i remember him playing extremely well. him & Drexler are very close to being equals though, & that's no knock on Wade either, Drexler was awesome

hidalgo
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
How many guys can still emulate the great dunks of Nique, Jordan, and Dr. J even today?

PurpleJesus, overall, yes today's athletes are superior. However, the top level athletes may be on a similar level. In the NFL, Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders of the 80's-90's can still roll with the likes Of Chris Johnson and Jacoby Ford.

exactly, only guy dunking better than them was Vince Carter(i'll admit he's the best dunker ever nba wise), but he can barely get net now days(& he dunked like that in the 90s too, as early as 94-95, probably earlier). nobody today dunks better than those 3 you named. Dr J palmed the ball better than anyone ever on his dunks, he was nasty

COOLbeans
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Hahaha

COOLbeans
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Uhhh no.

Rentzias
08-03-2012, 04:03 PM
'92 Dream Team also produced six of the next seven league MVPs, and Robinson put up three 29-plus PER seasons after. This was a snapshot of some of the greatest all-timers at or around their apex.