PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch a "Clash of the Legends" style show?

Chronz
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
In 1992 there was a unique PPV for charity, I think it was for AIDS but that's not important, what is truly significant is that they gave fans a glimpse at what 1 on 1 basketball between legends would look like.

Rick Barry defeated Connie Hawkins with a barrage of 3's. Gervin crushed Tiny Nate. And the main event was Erving vs Jabbar.

The downside was that all the athletes were out of their prime and the finale was downright ugly. It seems the older you get the easier it is for the taller guy to win, since he retains a very important basketball talent.

Still if there were positional rules in place, would you watch old men who used to be stars duke it out?

PS For those interested in watching the madness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WagLsOTNlF8&feature=relmfu

mvb815
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
at this time of the year i'll watch anything basketball related

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
i dunno if i'd watch that, . but i would very much wanna see current NBAstars go 1 on 1, like leBron vs Durant, or LeBron vs kobe. ppv even. i remember in 1995 or 96, Shaquille O'Neal vs Hakeem Olajuwon 1 on 1 was suppose to be on PPV, or was seriously talked about & almost happened but didn't. i was so pumped for that, before i found out it wasn't gonna happen. i'd really love to see some all out 1 on 1 battles. i know it'll never happen, but how freakin cool would that be?(&would have been) Jordan vs Bird etc

Lakers + Giants
08-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Look at my sig. I would've loved to see that.

hidalgo
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
no you wouldn't have, trust me you wouldn't have liked the outcome of Kobe vs Michael 1 on 1. just be glad that's impossible

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I would, it would be fun

tredigs
08-01-2012, 09:05 PM
If no better re-runs were on I would watch until the commercial break.