PDA

View Full Version : Nets future

Pages : [1] 2

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
So the Nets signed Brook Lopez to a max contract and now they at cap limit. With a back court of Deron and Joe, is that enough to compete for a championship? Deron Williams is a stud although he hasn't played like it on the Nets, but Joe Johnson is very overrated and Brook Lopez is the softest big man in the game. I can't see the Nets competing for a ring with this roster in the following few years. I have a feeling they will be a less potent Hawk team. Thoughts?

GoPacers33
08-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Omfg another Nets thread :mad:

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
IMO, Nets are 2nd round exit at best with this team.

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM

I agree but can you tell me why you think so?

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Omfg another Nets thread :mad:

then just hit that "x" button on top of your screen

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I agree but can you tell me why you think so?

Still IMO, they're stuck financially with two overpaids players (Lopez and JJ) who are far from being proven winners, D-Will could ask for a trade (again) if things don't go his way in years to come.

And I don't see any depth in a conference where miami,chicago (if Rose healthy),indiana and NY will dominate in the next 5 years.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
They need Brook to become a better rebounder. Also need Marshon to blossom into a great 6th man.

As it stands now they are merely a 1 and done team at best. Have a ton to prove.

--23--
08-01-2012, 05:51 PM

agree

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Tell me what teams have a superstar and a all star on their roster that isnt a contender, what about a defensive sf, or a rebounding pf or a very skilled Center.

Rebounding doesnt matter when you have Humphries and Evans they will make up for lack of rebounding, its not about individual stats its about team rebounds.

And how is Lopez the softest center in the league?

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Still IMO, they're stuck financially with two overpaids players (Lopez and JJ) who are far from being proven winners, D-Will could ask for a trade (again) if things don't go his way in years to come.

And I don't see any depth in a conference where miami,chicago (if Rose healthy),indiana and NY will dominate in the next 5 years.

Pacers are nothing to be afriad of , like I said they were one hit wonders and dont even have good talent, do Pacers have a Deron Williams? Do they have a Joe Johnson?

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Brace yourselves, the trolls are coming.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Nets and knicks are in the same boat, good but probably not going to win a ring any time in the future.

Depends on who they face in the first round but its possible neither team makes it out of the first.

btw, nice bait thread evo

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
agree

Explain why. I would love to hear your reasoning.

abe_froman
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
they'll be good,but they're pretty much lock into not winning a ring territory.2nd round ceiling(though might luck into an ecf's once)

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Nets and knicks are in the same boat.

Depends on who they face in the first round but its possible neither team makes it out of the first.

btw, nice bait thread evo

Lol if this is a bait thread, then it will get closed, otherwise it's staying open. I like how you tried to bring the Knicks into the convo again. This is a Nets thread btw. Nice try on trying to troll Knicks fans.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Can the Nets please just play a game first?

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Pacers are nothing to be afriad of , like I said they were one hit wonders and dont even have good talent, do Pacers have a Deron Williams? Do they have a Joe Johnson?

Indiana was already pretty good last season, and they added augustin and green, hibbert will only get better, they have a chance to take the next step if FO continue to do the right moves.

Nets have potential to be pretty good, but they could be disappointing as well.

JeffG20
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Or don't make another pointless Nets thread. If u want to ask even more Nets questions take it to the Nets forum

wouldnt it be easier to ignore it then ***** about it?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I see them as the 5 seed, have for a while, their very solid.

ThunderousDemon
I can't wait to see the Nets play the Knicks.

Evolution23
They need Brook to become a better rebounder. Also need Marshon to blossom into a great 6th man.

As it stands now they are merely a 1 and done team at best. Have a ton to prove.

I think Brooks is a good scorer but him and Evans isn't enough of a bench to be a contending team. Lopez has a few good post moves but his defense is suspect and he shy's away from boards. Deron and Crash are legit and the only negative thing I can say about Deron is he hasn't played as well as did in Utah.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
considering i think the nets will get dwight, their future is looking pretty bright. if they do get dwight, it will clearly be boston, NJ and miami in the east and then everyone else

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Indiana was already pretty good last season, and they added augustin and green, hibbert will only get better, they have a chance to take the next step if FO continue to do the right moves.

You cant win without stars in this league and Pacers have no stars and no stars want to go there. Plus what free agents are going to look at a terrible market, and team with no superstars there. Pacers wont have the superstar or all star to recruit big time free agents or guys for lesser deals like a LA,NY,Miami market.

Evolution23
considering i think the nets will get dwight, their future is looking pretty bright. if they do get dwight, it will clearly be boston, NJ and miami in the east and then everyone else

hypothetical

EDUTEXANS

This.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I think Brooks is a good scorer but him and Evans isn't enough of a bench to be a contending team. Lopez has a few good post moves but his defense is suspect and he shy's away from boards. Deron and Crash are legit and the only negative thing I can say about Deron is he hasn't played as well as did in Utah.

Mizar Tetovic the highest PPG scorer in Europe is on the team and bench aswell.

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Gotcha.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:11 PM

how exactly are they going to get Howard?

justinnum1
hypothetical

Obviously

Hawkeye15
Let me begin with this- Nets fans, please take anyone trolling with a grain of salt, and anyone else who actually gives an honest opinion with well thought out responses, don't group them. Remember a couple days ago when I said now that the Nets are relevant again their fans need to grow thicker skin? Well this is exactly what I meant.

The Nets now have a top 5 PG, one of the better offensive centers in the game, rebounding at the PF position, especially offensively, a slasher/defender who can still produce nice games from time to time at SF, but is in decline, and an all star SG who really isn't at the elite level, but is a very good one. I like their chances to be the best team in the NY area, I do. They are obviously looking at their core for the next 3 years or so, they have zip wiggle room, and while I don't want to go off tangent, the max deal they gave Lopez basically takes them out of the Dwight scenario (if you don't agree, I don't care, I am running under the assumption that I am right). So, what we have left is a team with ball handlers at all 3 perimeter positions, a good shooter at both backcourt positions with Brooks (Nick Young clone to me) off the bench, an offensive center who doesn't rebound well, but will be next to 2 very good rebounders the majority of the time, and those same PF's will play with a lot of energy and combine for 15-20 a night off pure hustle.

Now to the limitations. They don't have much three point shooting outside JJ, and Deron occasionally. Their defense will be pretty bad. They don't have anyone outside Wallace who can turn attackers, meaning Lopez will be left to dry many times on dribble penetration. They don't have a physical team, so tough teams will be able to manhandle them at times. Come playoff time, Joe Johnson regresses into literally an average player in the NBA. Lopez, while I think is offensively gifted, shies from physical contact, and can be pushed around at times, though he does show a mean streak from time to time. The key will be Deron improving his leadership skills on the floor, and the team staying healthy.

Best case scenario: 52-30, hosting round 1.
Worst case scenario: 42-40, injuries hitting Lopez and Wallace, they get the 8th seed and get destroyed by Miami.

If you wish to comment Nets fans, please don't quote a single sentence and attempt to destroy it, I noticed that is the tactic used in two other Nets threads I replied in. Reply to the entire post please.

waveycrockett
Another Knicks fan concerned with how good the nets will be. LOVE IT

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
how exactly are they going to get Howard?

It's called a trade.

learn about the CBA here (www.cbafaq.com)

then we can talk

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Obviously

Then it has no substance then.

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
You cant win without stars in this league and Pacers have no stars and no stars want to go there. Plus what free agents are going to look at a terrible market, and team with no superstars there. Pacers wont have the superstar or all star to recruit big time free agents or guys for lesser deals like a LA,NY,Miami market.

You could be right about indiana, it's a possibility.

But their organisation is legit, they did all they had to do to go in the right direction, so, I'll not overlook them until they prove me wrong.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
concerning the Pacers, I still don't get letting Collision go, Augustine does not replace him entirely. I am not sure where they finish, I don't think they will be as good as last year honestly.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Our bench doesn't just consist of Brooks and Evans?

We also have CJ Watson, Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor, Tornike Shengelia, Keith Bogans, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Bogans, and still looking for our backup C.

Not the greatest bench in the world but certainly respectable.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:16 PM
It's called a trade.

learn about the CBA here (www.cbafaq.com)

then we can talk

funny

what exactly would they offer? Lopez and Brooks?

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
funny

AND take back all there junk something no other team could or would do not even HOU

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Let me begin with this- Nets fans, please take anyone trolling with a grain of salt, and anyone else who actually gives an honest opinion with well thought out responses, don't group them. Remember a couple days ago when I said now that the Nets are relevant again their fans need to grow thicker skin? Well this is exactly what I meant.

The Nets now have a top 5 PG, one of the better offensive centers in the game, rebounding at the PF position, especially offensively, a slasher/defender who can still produce nice games from time to time at SF, but is in decline, and an all star SG who really isn't at the elite level, but is a very good one. I like their chances to be the best team in the NY area, I do. They are obviously looking at their core for the next 3 years or so, they have zip wiggle room, and while I don't want to go off tangent, the max deal they gave Lopez basically takes them out of the Dwight scenario (if you don't agree, I don't care, I am running under the assumption that I am right). So, what we have left is a team with ball handlers at all 3 perimeter positions, a good shooter at both backcourt positions with Brooks (Nick Young clone to me) off the bench, an offensive center who doesn't rebound well, but will be next to 2 very good rebounders the majority of the time, and those same PF's will play with a lot of energy and combine for 15-20 a night off pure hustle.

Now to the limitations. They don't have much three point shooting outside JJ, and Deron occasionally. Their defense will be pretty bad. They don't have anyone outside Wallace who can turn attackers, meaning Lopez will be left to dry many times on dribble penetration. They don't have a physical team, so tough teams will be able to manhandle them at times. Come playoff time, Joe Johnson regresses into literally an average player in the NBA. Lopez, while I think is offensively gifted, shies from physical contact, and can be pushed around at times, though he does show a mean streak from time to time. The key will be Deron improving his leadership skills on the floor, and the team staying healthy.

Best case scenario: 52-30, hosting round 1.
Worst case scenario: 42-40, injuries hitting Lopez and Wallace, they get the 8th seed and get destroyed by Miami.

If you wish to comment Nets fans, please don't quote a single sentence and attempt to destroy it, I noticed that is the tactic used in two other Nets threads I replied in. Reply to the entire post please.

I disagree with every single setence in your post, Nick Young is like Marshon Brooks? Look at the assist numbers..you didnt you instead looked at the mini afro. Little wiggle room? Nets have Humphries at a small yr deal worth big money and could get a ton of nice players to the Nets, along with Mizar Tetovic depending on how he pans out. Marshon Brooks is a trade chip aswell. 3 point shooters Wallace,Deron, Marshon,JJ,Tetovic, Bogans,Watson so how is it only Dwill and JJ? This is baffling.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM
concerning the Pacers, I still don't get letting Collision go, Augustine does not replace him entirely. I am not sure where they finish, I don't think they will be as good as last year honestly.

I don't think anyone understands letting collison go for so little in return. But mahini will be a nice backup big for them. Paul geroge really needs to step up this season for the to advance, he was pretty bad in the playoffs.

uprightciti
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
this is hilarious!

people actually think the nets are even making the playoffs?!?!??

hahahaha

ok so....

1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. hawks
6. 76ers
7. bulls (if rose come back early)
8. orlando (if dwight plays)

Losoway
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
the nets are easily in the top 5 team category for the east

they have a superstar Point guard - Allstar shooting guard - great defensive small forward ..shall i continue to break down the rest?

and brook lopez can give you 20 points a game easy

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:20 PM
funny

they could, but i think it will be a three team trade.

I think lopez would go to a 3rd team, hump would go to the magic(2 year contract) and orlando would get rid of a ton of bad contracts.

Losoway
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
this is hilarious!

hahahaha

ok so....

1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. hawks
6. 76ers

terrible ladder

the knicks are better then the pacers by far and the celtics

the bulls arent making it to the playoffs and the magics arent making it either being that dwight is gone for most of the season

1.heat
2.knicks
3.celtics
4.pacers
5.nets
6.76ers
7.hawks
8.bucks

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
this is hilarious!

hahahaha

ok so....

1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. hawks
6. 76ers

Not sure if your serious, then saw you were a knicks fan.

Only a fool would think the nets miss the playoffs.

terrible ladder

the knicks are better then the pacers by far and the celtics

the bulls arent making it to the playoffs and the magics arent making it either being that dwight is gone for most of the season

1.heat
2.knicks
3.celtics
4.pacers
5.nets
6.76ers
7.hawks
8.bucks

This to is pretty awful.

celtics are better than the knicks.
pacers will probably be better than the knicks too.

miami
boston
pacers
knicks
bulls
nets
atlanta
washington

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I didn't get the trade too, but Mahimi will be a nice backup center to Hibbert who will just get better and better every year, and Augustion is a pretty decent PG, with a minor hole I think he can be more efficient in Indiana. George and Hill will continue to develop and they got solid prodution off the bench with Green. I actually expect them to be a little better this season. My only concern is about Granger, he needs to get back to his old form. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded at the deadline so George could play SF

jmoney85
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
this is hilarious!

hahahaha

ok so....

1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. hawks
6. 76ers

trololololol

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:24 PM
this is hilarious!

hahahaha

ok so....

1. heat
2. pacers
3. celtics
4. knicks
5. hawks
6. 76ers

You might as well just said. Hold up guys, I'm about to troll.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I disagree with every single setence in your post, Nick Young is like Marshon Brooks? Look at the assist numbers..you didnt you instead looked at the mini afro. Little wiggle room? Nets have Humphries at a small yr deal worth big money and could get a ton of nice players to the Nets, along with Mizar Tetovic depending on how he pans out. Marshon Brooks is a trade chip aswell. 3 point shooters Wallace,Deron, Marshon,JJ,Tetovic, Bogans,Watson so how is it only Dwill and JJ? This is baffling.

Of course you disagree. Bring up bit role players all you like, they aren't the backbone of the team and won't put you over the hump.

Do you actually think the Nets can compete for a championship with their current roster? Easy question.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:26 PM

lol

Losoway
08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Not sure if your serious, then saw you were a knicks fan.

Only a fool would think the nets miss the playoffs.

This to is pretty awful.

celtics are better than the knicks.
pacers will probably be better than the knicks too.

miami
boston
pacers
knicks
bulls
nets
atlanta
washington

terrible ladder. blasphemy that you think the bulls will be this high

the knicks have a better roster and team then the pacers and the celtics stop trolling

Wizards making the playoffs??? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:28 PM
they could, but i think it will be a three team trade.

I think lopez would go to a 3rd team, hump would go to the magic(2 year contract) and orlando would get rid of a ton of bad contracts.

sorry but I don't see many teams trading for Lopez right now, especially if they need to take the bad contracts. If Orlando decides to move Howard, they would be rebuilding, they woudn't want Humphries, they need young players and draft picks (high ones, so not the Brookin ones), which team would trade that for Lopez while taking back one, two or even three bad contracts? Don't see Howard being trade to the Nets in any scenario

Losoway
08-01-2012, 06:28 PM

lmao

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Of course you disagree. Bring up bit role players all you like, they aren't the backbone of the team and won't put you over the hump.

Do you actually think the Nets can compete for a championship with their current roster? Easy question.

Yes but non of us will know untill next April.

Question would you put the Timberwolves as a better team than the Nets?

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 06:35 PM

We also have CJ Watson, Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor, Tornike Shengelia, Keith Bogans, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Bogans, and still looking for our backup C.

I listed the players who I think will be most effective like Brooks and Evans. Obviously I don't expect much from players like Stackhouse and Bogans. My question is where are you going to get scoring aside from Brooks. Mirza is still an unknown in the NBA.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I listed the players who I think will be most effective like Brooks and Evans. Obviously I don't expect much from players like Stackhouse and Bogans. My question is where are you going to get scoring aside from Brooks. Mirza is still an unknown in the NBA.

And he listed the players that he thinks will be more effective, doesnt make your opinion right. Fact is Cj Watson is a top backup pg.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:39 PM
terrible ladder. blasphemy that you think the bulls will be this high

the knicks have a better roster and team then the pacers and the celtics stop trolling

Wizards making the playoffs??? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Homer alert.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM

that's a bad bench. The two best players (Watson and Brooks) are backups to the two best players in the starting lineup. We have no idea how the Teletovic guy will play and the others are veterans who would get little to nothing playing time in other teams. Reggie Evans is a good hustle player, but he doesn't bring much to the table other than rebounding

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM

Our team as a whole is very effective offensively. I dont think scoring will be that big of an issue. But to break it down for you I think Brooks, Watson, Teletovic (I understand he is unknown but right now his track record has shown hes an effective scorer), and Tyshawn Taylor can all be solid off the bench offensively. I think our biggest issue with be interior defense. We need to have guys like Hump and Evans step up to help us in the paint.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
that's a bad bench. The two best players (Watson and Brooks) are backups to the two best players in the starting lineup. We have no idea how the Teletovic guy will play and the others are veterans who would get little to nothing playing time in other teams. Reggie Evans is a good hustle player, but he doesn't bring much to the table other than rebounding

Nets starters will play close to 35 minutes anyway and probably have 2 or 3 starters in the game at all times.

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Cj watson, mirza and brooks and evans make us 9 deep of at worse solid players.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Homer alert.
On paper the Knicks have a better roster than the Pacers.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Like I said not the greatest bench but IMO certainly not the worst. I think Tele will make or break our bench, if he can be half the player he was overseas he will give us some solid depth, if not we need some guys to step up.

The good news is our starting 5 is very good all around. If Brooks steps into the 6th man role well, we will be just fine.

To break it down to you as a rational Nets fan, I'm not that worried.

Evolution23
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM
And he listed the players that he thinks will be more effective, doesnt make your opinion right. Fact is Cj Watson is a top backup pg.

He's good but not a top pg. Don't be ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM

So why even post here DoMeFavors? If that is your pathetic response. If you are going to disagree with everything I say, then tell me why. Sentence by sentence. Don't re-hash the same homer b.s. I read in every one of your posts.

Why is the second sentence relevant? I don't even care to think about that. They are in different conferences, the Nets will have the easier schedule, and the Wolves are going to be reliant on Rubio and Roy, two players whose health entering the season is already a question mark. My best case and worst case for them is much larger then I give the Nets.

Answer the question, and don't turn the conversation like every woman I have dated. Do you think the Nets are contenders, as currently built? Because you sure act like it.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I didn't get the trade too, but Mahimi will be a nice backup center to Hibbert who will just get better and better every year, and Augustion is a pretty decent PG, with a minor hole I think he can be more efficient in Indiana. George and Hill will continue to develop and they got solid prodution off the bench with Green. I actually expect them to be a little better this season. My only concern is about Granger, he needs to get back to his old form. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded at the deadline so George could play SF

I am not sold on Hibbert, sorry. I think is a slightly overrated defender, and can be rendered average if you have floor stretching bigs to pull his slow *** out of the paint. I don't see them any better then last season.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
On paper the Knicks have a better roster than the Pacers.

Not really.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
He's good but not a top pg. Don't be ridiculous.

I'd say certainly he's a top 5 backup PG, cant think of many that are "clearly" better than him.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
So why even post here DoMeFavors? If that is your pathetic response. If you are going to disagree with everything I say, then tell me why. Sentence by sentence. Don't re-hash the same homer b.s. I read in every one of your posts.

Why is the second sentence relevant? I don't even care to think about that. They are in different conferences, the Nets will have the easier schedule, and the Wolves are going to be reliant on Rubio and Roy, two players whose health entering the season is already a question mark. My best case and worst case for them is much larger then I give the Nets.

Answer the question, and don't turn the conversation like every woman I have dated. Do you think the Nets are contenders, as currently built? Because you sure act like it.

Because I disagree with you and I happen to be a fan of the Nets that makes me wrong? You must have one big of an ego if you want everyone to agree with you. Simple fact is I think differently than you, so because you said it that makes me wrong? What if I posted that and you disagreed with me does that make you wrong?
You made it clear last week you think Nets fans are so whiny now and defensive. So its pretty clear your plan.

I asked you about your wolves to see if you would be a "homer" or whatever you call it. And I wanted to see how you compare the teams.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Not really.

It's close. I think they are a toss up really

oak2455
08-01-2012, 06:59 PM

answer the question?? are the Nets a championship team? it was an easy question, not only that you went in a different direction:confused:

oak2455
08-01-2012, 07:01 PM
here's my take the Nets, they are gonna be good, but there are a lot of if's .....so will know more as the season goes on.....can't speculate, its a long season a ton can happen :)

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
answer the question?? are the Nets a championship team? it was an easy question, not only that you went in a different direction:confused:

I said in the quote YES

John Walls Era
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Not enough to beat the Heat, but enough to put up a fight against anyone else. They have at least average players starting at every position with some star power (Deron Williams and despite his ludicrous contract: JJ). Gerald Wallace is getting old, but he should be good for at least this year. Kris Humphries and Lopez don't scare anyone, but they're underrated.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
here's my take the Nets, they are gonna be good, but there are a lot of if's .....so will know more as the season goes on.....can't speculate, its a long season a ton can happen :)

Good is Philly and NYK type, Great is what Nets will be I guarantee it

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Title contenders? I mean it's hard to consider yourself a title contender with the Miami Heat around. I think they have a very talented offensive team, realistically I see them finishing as the 3-5 seed in the East. Do I think they have the talent to make a playoff run past the 2nd round? Yes I do, would not put it out of the question.

Also, Kris Humphries signed a 2 year-$24mil contract. So that is a pretty big contract coming off the books in just 2 offseasons. They will have space to make some nice moves by then.

And if someone put a gun to my head right now and demanded a where does Dwight go response, I would seriously say the Nets. It's either them or the Lakers. I just think Dwight really wants to go to the Nets more than anything else. These superstars run everything. Melo wanted the Knicks, he got it eventually. CP3 wanted the Lakers, he was traded there but it got voided, but he still ended up in LA. DH has been very adamant that Brooklyn is far and away his #1 spot, even if the Lakers/Dallas are distant seconds.

A lot will have to do with how Lopez plays the first half of the season. If he is healthy and goes back to at least 20/9 as a 24 year old center that is desirable, even on the max. That's just todays NBA, no hiding that. Also you said Marshon Brooks is a Nick Young clone...Brooks is a better all around player with better shot selection. The offensive game is similar in the "instant offense" point. So between Lopez, Marshon, draft picks add Kris Humph to trade asset because if ORL trades for this double-double machine, his 24mil contract expires next season which created cap relief.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
And c'mon Knicks fans...how many more threads in this forum do you have to make about the Nets? It's funny actually. The only fans in the NBA forum who make Nets threads are Knicks fans.

colinskik
Not really.
Do you want to go through it position by position?

I'm not saying anything about which team will perform better, but by name and reputation the Knicks are clearly the better roster.

Plus, if you want to take into consideration the head to head, the Knicks beat the Pacers in a home and home last season, pretty much proving they are a better team than the Pacers.

JOhnnyTHaJet

I'm a Nets fan, and no not yet. I think we are better than people are making it out to be and we certainly have a chnace to make a run, but when I think of contender I think of the Heat, OKC, Spurs, and the Lakers.

oak2455
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm a Nets fan, and no not yet. I think we are better than people are making it out to be and we certainly have a chnace to make a run, but when I think of contender I think of the Heat, OKC, Spurs, and the Lakers.

Agree ....I think anyone can get hot and who knows its a long season ask the Bulls:eyebrow:

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Stop guaranteeing things, just shut your mouth already.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Like I said not the greatest bench but IMO certainly not the worst. I think Tele will make or break our bench, if he can be half the player he was overseas he will give us some solid depth, if not we need some guys to step up.

The good news is our starting 5 is very good all around. If Brooks steps into the 6th man role well, we will be just fine.

To break it down to you as a rational Nets fan, I'm not that worried.

off the top of my head, I'd say it's the second worst in the league, only the Lakers have a worse bench. But both teams don't need a good bench, as you said, the starting five is very very good and extremely balanced.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Agree ....I think anyone can get hot and who knows its a long season ask the Bulls:eyebrow:

Definitely, anything can happen.

macc
08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
The Nets are the new Atlanta Hawks. Stuck in mediocricy for years to come

JOhnnyTHaJet
off the top of my head, I'd say it's the second worst in the league, only the Lakers have a worse bench. But both teams don't need a good bench, as you said, the starting five is very very good and extremely balanced.

I'm way to lazy to look through it but heres all of the NBA teams depth charts http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx . Decide from there I guess.

THE MTL
I like their future because they clearly have an owner willing to spend in order for his team to be good.

But yeah as of right now, I say they are a 1st round playoff team maybe a 2nd round team AT BEST. But that can change if Marshon Brooks becomes the player that Nets fan believe he can be.

And also ppl wanna say Lopez sucks, but he is one of only 3 centers in the league who are capable of scoring 20+ppg.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Stop guaranteeing things, just shut your mouth already.

Stop feeling like you must look not confident infront of the other fans..its my opinion. I dont represent Nets fans.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Stop feeling like you must look not confident infront of the other fans..its my opinion. I dont represent Nets fans.

But you certainly dont give off a good impression.

And there is a huge difference between confidence and rational.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
The Nets are gonna be like the team the Harlem Globetrotters always faced. Never stood a chance.

Joker55
08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
^ Disagree.

Let's just let the season happen.

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
The Nets are gonna be like the team the Harlem Globetrotters always faced. Never stood a chance.

Sort of like when the bulls play the heat

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 07:37 PM

LOL!!! :laugh:---> http://i.imgur.com/xcfdE.jpg

WickedBadMan
08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
So is almost every other team besides the Heat and Celtics, who cares?

I would put my money on a new Nets team over the same Knicks team that got embarassed last season.

Patrick Ewing33
I see the Nets being just like the Knicks where in 2011 and 2012 being around 7th in the div and chemistry being a issue. Do they even have a bench?

I died of laughter at dome saying the Nets will be great, you never seem to amaze me. Keep it going with your idiotic comments. What is more funny is people answer back to his bull ****.

LongIslandIcedZ
And c'mon Knicks fans...how many more threads in this forum do you have to make about the Nets? It's funny actually. The only fans in the NBA forum who make Nets threads are Knicks fans.

You realize WaveyCrocket makes like a Knick thread per day. So I dont know whats so funny, since Net fans do the same thing.

jmoney85
08-01-2012, 07:47 PM
You realize WaveyCrocket makes like a Knick thread per day. So I dont know whats so funny, since Net fans do the same thing.

exagerate much?

Linkels
08-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Sort of like when the bulls play the heat

lol would rather lose to the best than be a continually lottery team and now edge of the playoffs. Congrats on being the new Atlanta Hawks.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Lol if this is a bait thread, then it will get closed, otherwise it's staying open. I like how you tried to bring the Knicks into the convo again. This is a Nets thread btw. Nice try on trying to troll Knicks fans.

Nope. Nets baiting threads are one of a kind! Mods love keeping them up till they get to 15-20 pages of "Lopez sucks" "Everyones overpaid" "They are Atlanta hawks lol" "everyone has injuries no excuses" and then it dies off. Repeat this process for 3 more months..

colinskik
08-01-2012, 07:58 PM
So is almost every other team besides the Heat and Celtics, who cares?

I would put my money on a new Nets team over the same Knicks team that got embarassed last season.

Thankfully, this year's Knicks team is not the same as last year's Knicks team. But I'm sure you already knew that ... :facepalm:

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
The Nets have no future.

They will be a 2nd round team for the next 5yrs unless they get Dwight I don't see them pass the 2nd round with Dwill/Joe led team.

WickedBadMan
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Thankfully, this year's Knicks team is not the same as last year's Knicks team. But I'm sure you already knew that ... :facepalm:

True, they added an overweight PG and an over-the-hill PG. Oh and let one of their only assests walk for nothing... Championship!

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Knicks have now been together 2 years you cant use chemistry issue anymore, Nets have a bunch of new starters and if they beat Knicks in Nov that proves Nets are a much better team. Its basically Melo by himself since Tyson is a nobody and Amare is done.

Losoway
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
honestly this top teams in the east are the heat , knicks , celtics , nets

everyone after that doesnt even matter

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
The Nets have no future.

They will be a 2nd round team for the next 5yrs unless they get Dwight I don't see them pass the 2nd round with Dwill/Joe led team.

They have no future? They just proved they had a future they went from a non playoff team to a playoff team.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Knicks have now been together 2 years you cant use chemistry issue anymore, Nets have a bunch of new starters and if they beat Knicks in Nov that proves Nets are a much better team. Its basically Melo by himself since Tyson is a nobody and Amare is done.

oh boy

jmoney85
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
lol would rather lose to the best than be a continually lottery team and now edge of the playoffs. Congrats on being the new Atlanta Hawks.

after this season you are going to wish you were the atlanta hawks

jmoney85
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
we have one player from the hawks so why are we being compared to the hawks? lol

(yes Im not counting stack)

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 08:15 PM
we have one player from the hawks so why are we being compared to the hawks? lol

(yes Im not counting stack)

The comparison is not the players but their 1st and 2nd round exits from the playoffs last 5 years. I agree with the comparison maybe this year but starting next season we can reach eastern finals

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
The Hawks had Jeff Teague at PG we have Deron Williams. That will lead to different playing styles. You can't have "iso Joe" nearly as much when Jeff Teague is replaced with a elite PG like Dwill who loves to pass.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:19 PM
The comparison is not the players but their 1st and 2nd round exits from the playoffs last 5 years. I agree with the comparison maybe this year but starting next season we can reach eastern finals

I think we get Dwight near the deadline. If he is not a Laker before the start of the season I am so confident it will happen.

Speaking for the current team, the only team in the East that I would give no shot to the Nets beating in the playoffs is the Heat. Everyone else is reasonable at this point.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
The Nets are not a lock for the playoffs.

Miami, Boston, Indiana, Chicago, New York and Philly are all locks for the playoffs.
For Brooklyn to even get serious they'd need to have a better record than New York and Philly. Neither is likely. Orlando being out helps but NJ still has teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland to compete against.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Deron has never played with a SG like Joe, and Joe hasnt played with a good pg since Nash

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Miami, Boston, Indiana, Chicago, New York and Philly are all locks for the playoffs.
For NJ to even get serious they'd need to have a better record than New York and Philly. Neither is likely. Orlando being out helps but NJ still has teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland to compete against.

How can you say NY and Philly are locks when both barely made the playoffs last year?

and yeah look at Clevelands roster and look at Nets.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM

For Brooklyn to even get serious they'd need to have a better record than New York and Philly. Neither is likely. Orlando being out helps but NJ still has teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland to compete against.

You are clueless. Lol at Chicago

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM

:laugh2:

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
:laugh2:

It's funnier cuz hes a mod.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Yeah NY is a lock for the playoffs:rolleyes:,they struggled to make the playoffs last year as a 7th seed.:facepalm:

colinskik
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM
How can you say NY and Philly are locks when both barely made the playoffs last year?

I don't know about Philly since they lost Brand. (I'm not too sure about their entire offseason portfolio, so I don't really know what their team will look like.)

But the Knicks - c'mon man. Can't you look at anything rationally when it comes to the Knicks?

They were a team in flux last year in terms of the lineup and the coaching staff. This year their core has experience under its belt, the coaching staff is locked in, and they made great additions to their bench.

If you can't see that they are a lock to finish within the top 8 spots in the east then you simply don't know basketball.

To bring it back to topic, the Nets definitely make the playoffs this year. It's hard to tell which seed at this point without having seen them play, but I say somewhere between the 3-7 seed. My prediction is #4.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
They have no future? They just proved they had a future they went from a non playoff team to a playoff team.

Their 2 best players best days are behind them Dwill 28 and Joe 31,unless you think Lopez/Brooks has a bright future?

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't know about Philly since they lost Brand. (I'm not too sure about their entire offseason portfolio, so I don't really know what their team will look like.)

But the Knicks - c'mon man. Can't you look at anything rationally when it comes to the Knicks?

They were a team in flux last year in terms of the lineup and the coaching staff. This year their core has experience under its belt, the coaching staff is locked in, and they made great additions to their bench.

If you can't see that they are a lock to finish within the top 8 spots in the east then you simply don't know basketball.

To bring it back to topic, the Nets definitely make the playoffs this year. It's hard to tell which seed at this point without having seen them play, but I say somewhere between the 4-7 seed.

As for Philly they lost Brand, downgraded from Lou Williams to Nick Young, traded for Dorell Wright, and Kwame Brown is there new starting center

:laugh:

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Ok Genius take a look at this.
6th Seed - Orlando - 37-29
7th Seed - New York - 36-30
8th seed - Philly - 35 -31

So NY was 1 win away from the 6th seed, that's barely making the playoffs?
At least know what you are talking about.

And if you want to give me a smart *** answer about us being 1 game away from the 8th seed that proves my point how our division is too tough for Brooklyn.

In order for Brooklyn to make the playoffs they would have to have a better record than NY or Philly. Both have had above .500 winning seasons back to back now and play in the same division as Boston, so that's 3 playoff teams.
Brooklyn has to hope Orlando, Atlanta, and Washington are suck terribly next season because they are definitely not better than Miami/Boston/Indy/Chicago/NY/Philly.

And you need to stop that weak argument about Brooklyn's roster compared to Cleveland's or even Toronto who also happens to be in our division.
You treat Joe Johnson like the missin piece to Brooklyn being a contender. He's a nice addition but far from a crucial piece.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Their 2 best players best days are behind them Dwill 28 and Joe 31,unless you think Lopez/Brooks has a bright future?

Dwill's best days are behind him? wow man, you no nothing about basketball. Healthy superstars who are playing with the best supporting cast dont in their careers dont decline at age 28:facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Damn apparently Brooklyn is a hot topic on PSD.

Let me say first that i disagree with Hawkeye and i do not believe the Nets are out of the Dwight Howard talks. With that said...

As is, Brooklyn is a second round exit at best without Dwight. With Dwight this entire conversation changes but going under the assumption that the Nets will not get him their roster has no interior defense and no great defenders. They do not have the tools to compete.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 08:40 PM

lmao the only reason you guys was close to a 6th seed was because Dwight got hurt and Orlando fell apart.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

colinskik
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
As for Philly they lost Brand, downgraded from Lou Williams to Nick Young, traded for Dorell Wright, and Kwame Brown is there new starting center

:laugh:
Dorell is a nice pickup if he can return to 2011 form.

Kwame will start over Hawes?

I liked Philly last year but they really cooled off after their hot start. I think a lot of their success last season was fluky.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Dwill's best days are behind him? wow man, you no nothing about basketball. Healthy superstars who are playing with the best supporting cast dont in their careers dont decline at age 28:facepalm:

Yeah I was reaching on that Dwill is still a superstar and top 3 pg,but Johnson/Wallace are on the decline as players.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM

And if you want to give me a smart *** answer about us being 1 game away from the 8th seed that proves my point how our division is too tough for Brooklyn.

In order for Brooklyn to make the playoffs they would have to have a better record than NY or Philly. Both have had above .500 winning seasons back to back now and play in the same division as Boston, so that's 3 playoff teams.
Brooklyn has to hope Orlando, Atlanta, and Washington are suck terribly next season because they are definitely not better than Miami/Boston/Indy/Chicago/NY/Philly.

And you need to stop that weak argument about Brooklyn's roster compared to Cleveland's or even Toronto who also happens to be in our division.
You treat Joe Johnson like the missin piece to Brooklyn being a contender. He's a nice addition but far from a crucial piece.

So because NYK and Philly made the playoffs last year they are a lock to be better then the Nets this year? Nice reasoning.

Im not even going to respond to you if you are just another fool. Joe Johnson is a nice addition, ok. Would about replacing last year majority SF starter (DeShawn Stevenson) with Gerald Wallace? Or last year starting Center, Sheldon Williams with Brook Lopez? Would about having a fully healthy Deron Williams who does not have to shoot as much with a much better supporting cast? Would about adding Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, CJ Watson, Reggie Evans to your bench?

You are a joke. The only team clearly better then the Nets are the Heat and the Celtics.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
The Nets will be a 6-8 seed. Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse are good pieces to build around for the future.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM

So you see Brooklyn as a 7 seed at BEST?

Why? You never explained yourself. Enlighten me with your knowledge.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
So because NYK and Philly made the playoffs last year they are a lock to be better then the Nets this year? Nice reasoning.

Im not even going to respond to you if you are just another fool. Joe Johnson is a nice addition, ok. Would about replacing last year majority SF starter (DeShawn Stevenson) with Gerald Wallace? Or last year starting Center, Sheldon Williams with Brook Lopez? Would about having a fully healthy Deron Williams who does not have to shoot as much with a much better supporting cast? Would about adding Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, CJ Watson, Reggie Evans to your bench?

You are a joke. The only team clearly better then the Nets are the Heat and the Celtics.
The Nets are without a doubt going to be better this year, but they need to be a **** ton better if you think a 22 win team is going to become the 3rd best team in the east. Especially when other teams who were better then them last year also improved.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
lmao the only reason you guys was close to a 6th seed was because Dwight got hurt and Orlando fell apart.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Facepalms all you want, it's another sign of having nothing to really debate about.

NY won the season series against Orlando when Dwight was healthy may I add, and NY had a bunch of injuries as well. Throw out that lame injury excuse already. If every team could remain blah blah blah. Who cares?

Chicago lost Rose for a good portion of the season and were still the 1 seed. Your excuse is pathetic and random since I simply stated NY was 1 game away from the 6th seed. It's called facts. Use them.

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 08:50 PM
The Nets will be a 6-8 seed. Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse are good pieces to build around for the future.

LMAO!!! :laugh:

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
The Nets are without a doubt going to be better this year, but they need to be a **** ton better if you think a 22 win team is going to become the 3rd best team in the east. Especially when other teams who were better then them last year also improved.

Last year was a 66 game season. This year it is 82...
starting lineup for majority of season:
2011 PG-Dwili
2011 SG-Brooks
2011 SF-Stevenson
2011 PF-Humph
2011 C-Williams

for 2012 we are looking at Dwill-JJ-Wallace-Humph-Lopez, with Brooks becoming 6th man.

YES THAT IS A TON BETTER.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
They are severely overrated as is. Don't see them doing anything other than a first round exit for a few years, then back to the lottery.

Nets fans attack people's opinions because they can't take hearing what every fanbase outside of their's thinks..

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM

OH **** taking shots at our 14th and 15th roster spot guys. Good one.

jmoney85
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
They are severely overrated as is. Don't see them doing anything other than a first round exit for a few years, then back to the lottery.

Nets fans attack people's opinions because they can't take hearing what every fanbase outside of their's thinks..

coming from the guy who said brook lopez is one of the worst players in the nba

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Calm down, id say Philly lost their highest scoring player and lost Brand. Clevelands roster doesnt compare to Nets. Nets didnt have a starting C last year or a starting SF. Now they have upgraded at all positions except for PG and PF which is Deron and Hump. Plus have nice role players. I dont know what record you expect Nets to have, I just cant see them being below .500. And if they were King would make a trade.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Last year was a 66 game season. This year it is 82...
starting lineup for majority of season:
2011 PG-Dwili
2011 SG-Brooks
2011 SF-Stevenson
2011 PF-Humph
2011 C-Williams

for 2012 we are looking at Dwill-JJ-Wallace-Humph-Lopez, with Brooks becoming 6th man.

YES THAT IS A TON BETTER.
Yes, I'm aware there was a lockout-shortened season. Point is, they weren't a very good team and 4/5 of that lineup is returning.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
So you see Brooklyn as a 7 seed at BEST?
8th really but the East isn't all that hard compared to the West so 7th is possible.

Why? You never explained yourself. Enlighten me with your knowledge.

First of all you have to factor in chemistry. You are assuming Joe J will instantly click with everyone and be used to not playing Iso ball as much with Deron there. Secondly you have to factor in health. Your team was banged up badly last year, and you are bringing back the same players. Why do you assume you will have perfect health next season? Especially when you have players like Crash or recent injury recoveries to guys like Brook. Lastly you have to factor in other teams getting better.

Miami will be the same or better.
Indy/Chicago play in an easy division.
Boston/NY/Philly are all playoff teams.
How can you say Brooklyn will easily jump any of these teams? Because you will remain perfectly healthy and joe J will fit in perfectly. The exact same thing can be said about Cleveland with Kyrie and Andy V, Toronto with Lowry and Val, Milwaukee,etc.

Brooklyn as it stands is a 7/8 seed team at best. Chicago/Indy/Philly and even NY who loss Lin have not gotten bad enough for Brooklyn to jump over. Not a Top 6 east team.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
coming from the guy who said brook lopez is one of the worst players in the nba

Nets fans are the only fans that think Lopez is good.

Don't see how trying to "embarrass me" over the Lopez comment does anything. He is trash - plain and simple. Soft as a cupcake.

Also, point proven.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Facepalms all you want, it's another sign of having nothing to really debate about.

NY won the season series against Orlando when Dwight was healthy may I add, and NY had a bunch of injuries as well. Throw out that lame injury excuse already. If every team could remain blah blah blah. Who cares?

Chicago lost Rose for a good portion of the season and were still the 1 seed. Your excuse is pathetic and random since I simply stated NY was 1 game away from the 6th seed. It's called facts. Use them.

Why is Brooklyn not a lock to make the playoffs but NY is?

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, I'm aware there was a lockout-shortened season. Point is, they weren't a very good team and 4/5 of that lineup is returning.

What? God what dont you guys get.

BROOK LOPEZ PLAYED 5 GAMES LASY YEAR
GERALD WALLACE PLAYED 16
EVEN DWILL MISSED 11 GAMES

What is so hard to understand?

29$JerZ
Calm down, id say Philly lost their highest scoring player and lost Brand. Clevelands roster doesnt compare to Nets. Nets didnt have a starting C last year or a starting SF. Now they have upgraded at all positions except for PG and PF which is Deron and Hump. Plus have nice role players. I dont know what record you expect Nets to have, I just cant see them being below .500. And if they were King would make a trade.

I am calm. Any total above 22 wins is a huge plus for Brooklyn. Winning 30 games would be a success given how bad you were last season.

DoMeFavors

Its not attacking its arguing their opinion. What do you think a message board is for?

fadedmario

It's simple really, NY is a much, much better team.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Brooklyn is a lotto team who is hoping Joe J and a full season of staying healthy will earn then a playoff berth.

Vs

New York has made the playoffs consecutive seasons and have gotten better

Common sense

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I am calm. Any total above 22 wins is a huge plus for Brooklyn. Winning 30 games would be a success given how bad you were last season.

It was 66 games without Lopez,JJ,Wallace those 3 will be starters.
Also you said brining back the same players? Nets only have 3 players back that played most of the season Deron,Hump,Marshon.

scutch11
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM

You're an idiot

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 09:05 PM
First of all you have to factor in chemistry. You are assuming Joe J will instantly click with everyone and be used to not playing Iso ball as much with Deron there. Secondly you have to factor in health. Your team was banged up badly last year, and you are bringing back the same players. Why do you assume you will have perfect health next season? Especially when you have players like Crash or recent injury recoveries to guys like Brook. Lastly you have to factor in other teams getting better.

Miami will be the same or better.
Indy/Chicago play in an easy division.
Boston/NY/Philly are all playoff teams.
How can you say Brooklyn will easily jump any of these teams? Because you will remain perfectly healthy and joe J will fit in perfectly. The exact same thing can be said about Cleveland with Kyrie and Andy V, Toronto with Lowry and Val, Milwaukee,etc.

Brooklyn as it stands is a 7/8 seed team at best. Chicago/Indy/Philly and even NY who loss Lin have not gotten bad enough for Brooklyn to jump over. Not a Top 6 east team.

lol please sig bet me. Love how you are just assuming the Nets will get hurt. Not a chance Amare, Melo or Chandler go down, right?

Can you please just look at the ****ing roster for Philly and Chicago and tell me how they are def better then the Nets? Stop just saying they were playoff teams last year, we get it.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 09:06 PM

GERALD WALLACE PLAYED 16

It's hard to understand how you think you're right.

You're under the assumption that everything is going to go right for the Nets. I'm here to tell you that everything might not go right, and in fact, some things may go wrong.

I've already said, my prediction for the Nets is the 4 seed. But i think they can go as low as the 7 seed.

Chill_Will_24

You seem to post about the Nets an awful lot

colinskik
It's simple really, NY is a much, much better team.
hahaha yes

jmoney85
Nets fans are the only fans that think Lopez is good.

Don't see how trying to "embarrass me" over the Lopez comment does anything. He is trash - plain and simple. Soft as a cupcake.

Also, point proven.

where?

DoMeFavors
Brooklyn is a lotto team who is hoping Joe J and a full season of staying healthy will earn then a playoff berth.

Vs

Common sense

Brooklyn isnt anything its a brand new franchise, and you are still not understanding the point that there was no all star 2 guard last year, no SF at all, and no starting center.

There is nothing left to argue.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Really. 15 Nets threads a day in the NBA forum could be a reason. #Butthurt Nets Fans

Utd7
Tyson a nobody? lol he won the Defensive Player of the Year award.

D12 fan

Vs

Common sense

Whatever you act like the Knicks are a elite team,last I checked you guys sucked in the playoffs the last 2yrs.Boston swept you 2years ago and Miami beat you in 5games last year.

JIDsanity
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow...

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Knicks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nets

It's not even debatable.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Really. 15 Nets threads a day in the NBA forum could be a reason. #Butthurt Nets Fans

Why do you think Nets fans are butthurt? Everyone is happy this is the best team the Nets have had in 5 years.

JOhnnyTHaJet

And its all baiting. Like my Sig or the post above me.

BradHolt4CYoung
Guys its safe to assume Dwill, Lopez, Wallace all get injured...

You cant assume injuries for anyone else.

Great logic.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM

#They are all made by troll Knicks fans.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Tyson a nobody? lol he won the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Yeah he also was 2nd team all nba defensive team,plus the only reason he won was because the NBA didn't wan't to give Lebron all the awards.

Lebron was clearly the best defensive player in the NBA last year.Where was Tyson defense in the Heat series?Dude was missing the whole series.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM

Vs

Common sense

Who the hell made you a mod?

You just used the least amount of "Common Sense" possible.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM

GERALD WALLACE PLAYED 16

Or we could play this game ...

MELO MISSED 11 GAMES
AMARE MISSED 19 GAMES
EVEN LIN MISSED THOSE GAMES AT THE END OF THE YEAR

And the Knicks still made the playoffs.

JIDsanity
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM

He's a mod. Lol

PSD has gone to s#!it I see.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:16 PM
And its all baiting. Like my Sig or the post above me.

Because I think Lopez is trash - that's baiting? lol man. Pathetic.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:16 PM
He's a mod. Lol

Seriously. I'm baffled on how that happened.

This thread is yet again turning into a Nets troll thread.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:17 PM

PSD made me a mod. Hope that answers your question.

A team who has made the playoffs in consecutive years vs. a consecutive lotto team. Who is more likely to make the playoffs? Common sense tells you the consecutive playoff team. Sorry you can't comprehend that notion and you think I just blindly like to say things that aren't 100% pro Brooklyn.

Woe is you

colinskik
Guys its safe to assume Dwill, Lopez, Wallace all get injured...

You cant assume injuries for anyone else.

Great logic.
Here's the thing.

Other teams played well enough when their players went down to still make the playoffs. The Nets on the other hand...

D12 fan

He's a mod that's trolling Nets fans lmao.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
What did I say? Say anything negative about the Nets and their fans cry about it.

JJ doesn't make any team a contender. You guys were one of the worst teams in the league last year. Brook Lopez has always been a joke, Mr. Kardashian has inflated numbers because he's played on such bad teams. Deron, JJ, Gerald are all good but overpaid.

Like I said - 1st round exit for 2-3 years then back to the lottery with salary cap problems. Just an opinion.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:19 PM

A team who has made the playoffs in consecutive years vs. a consecutive lotto team. Who is more likely to make the playoffs? Common sense tells you the consecutive playoff team. Sorry you can't comprehend that notion and you think I just blindly like to say things that aren't 100% pro Brooklyn.

Woe is you

Ive seen you say Cleveland and Toronto are better than Nets, can you please explain why.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 09:20 PM

He just assumes injuries for the Nets, because they were injury riddled last year.

Amare has missed 20+ games 4 times in his career.
Chandler has missed 20+ games 3 times in his career
Their 2 biggest offseason addition are 40 years old....
Shumpert is already hurt...

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Because I think Lopez is trash - that's baiting? lol man. Pathetic.

You called a career 17 ppg game player, one of the worst player in the NBA? How does that make any sense whatsoever.

Secondly, every Nets thread that is made you make these egregious comments and wait for DMFs to respond to you that ultimately ends up in a troll fest.

Frankly, its quite comical to me, I just don't get how a random Detroit Pistons fan find every possible way to derail a Nets thread.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 09:24 PM
He's a mod. Lol

Seriously. I'm baffled on how that happened.

This thread is yet again turning into a Nets troll thread.

He's only a mod in the knicks forum

mosesedan
08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
its gonna be an interesting season in new york. lets go nets

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:26 PM
You called a career 17 ppg game player, one of the worst player in the NBA? How does that make any sense whatsoever.

Secondly, every Nets thread that is made you make these egregious comments and wait for DMFs to respond to you that ultimately ends up in a troll fest.

Frankly, its quite comical to me, I just don't get how a random Detroit Pistons fan find every possible way to derail a Nets thread.

Don't respond to me - it's that simple. Just an opinion - deal with it.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:26 PM
lol please sig bet me. Love how you are just assuming the Nets will get hurt. Not a chance Amare, Melo or Chandler go down, right?

Can you please just look at the ****ing roster for Philly and Chicago and tell me how they are def better then the Nets? Stop just saying they were playoff teams last year, we get it.

Every team will deal with injuries. Difference is we are comparing a very injury prone team in Brooklyn who are returning with the same injured players to NY who only dealt with injuries early in the season and unfortunately in the playoffs. Brooklyn has guys like Lopez/Crash in their rotation, their chances of getting injured are generally higher than what I would expect from guys like Melo/Amar'e.

Brooklyn isnt anything its a brand new franchise, and you are still not understanding the point that there was no all star 2 guard last year, no SF at all, and no starting center.

There is nothing left to argue.
I actually understand that point quite well. Brooklyn is getting everybody back hopefully healthy and have added Joe Johnson and a few other pieces. Still doesn't equate to immediate success that will turn a lotto team to a playoff team. That remains to be seen. Same with every lotto team. You have more to prove than you have to show.

Whatever you act like the Knicks are a elite team,last I checked you guys sucked in the playoffs the last 2yrs.Boston swept you 2years ago and Miami beat you in 5games last year.

I have done no such things. I understand you are used to dealing with Knick fans who simply butt heads with you and then you meet someone like me who actually tries to talk about more than a,b,c and it messes with your head.

Yes NY has sucked in the playoffs the last 2 years. Losing Billups and Amar'e stupidly hurting him self on a pre game dunk without stretching is a tough hill to climb against a great Boston team. And losing Iman, Baron, Amar'e to another stupid self inflicted injury, no Lin and against a team who became the champs really is tough. Tis the way it happened though. Totally irrelevant to this discussion but I see you are running out of ammo. Fact is NY has been in the playoffs while Brooklyn hasn't, so NY is more likely to remain a playoff team than Brooklyn. I really don't get how this is hard to see.

And why are you even in this discussion? Dwight wasn't brought up and that seems to be when you pop up.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 09:27 PM
He just assumes injuries for the Nets, because they were injury riddled last year.

Amare has missed 20+ games 4 times in his career.
Chandler has missed 20+ games 3 times in his career
Their 2 biggest offseason addition are 40 years old....
Shumpert is already hurt...
Right, but even with those injuries last year they still made the playoffs.

The Nets did not make the playoffs.

How do you explain that?

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I just find it funny how Houston gets crucified for paying Lin and Asik 8 million per year but JJ and Lopez get 20 million per year and they are great signing/trade.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Woe is you

Oh please, you act like you're using logic when it takes a simpleton to realize the Nets roster is completely different than last season. You try to use the fact that the Nets weren't a playoff team last year to support your reasoning on them not being a playoff team this year. I'd LOVE to hear some real reasoning behind that statement. Please tell me when the Nets current starting 5 played together last season?

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I just find it funny how Houston gets crucified for paying Lin and Asik 8 million per year but JJ and Lopez get 20 million per year and they are great signing/trade.

Only Nets fans believe that Brook Lopez is worth that much.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't respond to me - it's that simple. Just an opinion - deal with it.

Alrighty.

See you in the next Net thread :rolleyes:

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM

They aren't at all. But better not say that in this thread. Nets fans will attack you and say you're baiting and trying to troll over your opinion.

:rolleyes:

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
JJ is getting 20 million per year till he is 35.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Why is everyone assuming injuries lets just assume no injuries, Philly and Toronto arent better than the Nets.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh please, you act like you're using logic when it takes a simpleton to realize the Nets roster is completely different than last season. You try to use the fact that the Nets weren't a playoff team last year to support your reasoning on them not being a playoff team this year. I'd LOVE to hear some real reasoning behind that statement. Please tell me when the Nets current starting 5 played together last season?

They didn't and I'm aware of them.
Fact is its still a lotto team who needs to stay healthy and hope Joe J instantly clicks in with Deron to become a playoff team. Is that a lie? Or is that what really needs to happen?

They are in a division where 3 of the 5 teams are playoff bound. It's tough to see a division have 4 teams in the playoffs, that would mean the other 2 divisions only have 1 team and 2 teams in the playoffs respectively. Until Brooklyn proves it they are still a lotto team.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Fact is its still a lotto team who needs to stay healthy and hope Joe J instantly clicks in with Deron to become a playoff team. Is that a lie? Or is that what really needs to happen?

They are in a division where 3 of the 5 teams are playoff bound. It's tough to see a division have 4 teams in the playoffs, that would mean the other 2 divisions only have 1 team and 2 teams in the playoffs respectively. Until Brooklyn proves it they are still a lotto team.

:clap:

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Lopez isnt making 20 million a year so where are you getting that number from?

Losoway
08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
the nets have a superstar..allstar shooting guard...a scoring center and a rebounding machine Power foward and a great bench

if this was any other team. we would be talking about how they have a chance at the title next year

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes NY has sucked in the playoffs the last 2 years. Losing Billups and Amar'e stupidly hurting him self on a pre game dunk without stretching is a tough hill to climb against a great Boston team. And losing Iman, Baron, Amar'e to another stupid self inflicted injury, no Lin and against a team who became the champs really is tough. Tis the way it happened though. Totally irrelevant to this discussion but I see you are running out of ammo. Fact is NY has been in the playoffs while Brooklyn hasn't, so NY is more likely to remain a playoff team than Brooklyn. I really don't get how this is hard to see.

And why are you even in this discussion? Dwight wasn't brought up and that seems to be when you pop up.

Wait wait wait you using injuries as a excuse to why you lost?Just a moment ago you said Orlando shouldn't have used injuries as a excuse to why they fell to a 6th seed.I guess it's because the Knicks are your team so they can have a injury excuse?

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Lopez isnt making 20 million a year so where are you getting that number from?

Sorry, 15. They need defense and rebounding. A 10/10 player who shoots over 50% and plays defense, I don't think Brooks will provide the defense they need with their guards and Wallaces injury history.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
You're right, the Nets starting team is essentially new given injuries, trades, etc.

But several pieces have played together, namely Deron has played with Brook and Hump, and he's also played with Crash and Hump.

When those units played they still didn't look very formidable. So you're hoping when they all get together and add JJ, they'll be top 3 in the east?

I don't think they will be quite that good.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Wait wait wait you using injuries as a excuse to why you lost?Just a moment ago you said Orlando shouldn't have used injuries as a excuse to why they fell to a 6th seed.I guess it's because the Knicks are your team so they can have a injury excuse?

Of course not.
Injuries are a part of the game. It would have been nice to see a healthy Knick squad these last 2 playoff runs but it didn't happen. It's not an excuse.

We lost because we were undermanned. That's not an excuse its a fact. How do you beat Boston with Toney/Landry/Melo/Jeffries and how do you beat Miami with Bibby/Smith/Melo? Knicks have been lously in the playoffs, still not relevant to this discussion.

Still doesn't change the fact NY is a playoff team unlike Brooklyn.
Let's see, you ran out of ammo in your last post so I'm guessing you just threw your weapon at me. Is hand to hand combat next bro? Want to take a swing?

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Most of the Nets haters arent the Miami fans or fans of teams that are good its usually lower teams that dont have an owner like Nets and are jealous that the Nets went from a bad team to a good team like Pistons and NYK fans.

Losoway
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry, 15. They need defense and rebounding. A 10/10 player who shoots over 50% and plays defense, I don't think Brooks will provide the defense they need with their guards and Wallaces injury history.

brooks. wallace. williams. reggie evans

all play great defense

every team needs a player that shoots over 50 percent and plays defense :facepalm:

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM

How do you not get that that logic doesnt make sense.

in 07 the Celtics acquired Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, did not being in the playoffs the previous year change anything for them? Were they not a playoff team? Now granted the Nets moves weren't as dramatic as the Celtics were but its still the same concept.

oak2455
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Most of the Nets haters arent the Miami fans or fans of teams that are good its usually lower teams that dont have an owner like Nets and are jealous that the Nets went from a bad team to a good team like Pistons and NYK fans.

Nets = Eagles 0 Championships:clap::clap::clap:

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
brooks. wallace. williams. reggie evans

all play great defense

every team needs a player that shoots over 50 percent and plays defense :facepalm:

Drtg of 113

Lopez does not play good defense.

The goods
I'd still take the Knicks over them melo,Chandler,Jr,Kidd,and even amar'e will make a better team than them. They'll get past the first round but won't beat any of the top 3 teams maybe the Knicks in 7 but I wouldn't bet against melo.

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Nets
Pacers

Whoever else

DoMeFavors
Nets = Eagles 0 Championships:clap::clap::clap:

Its not the same management or owners over the amount of years so its not the current owners fault. I can understand if for the last 30 years if they had the same owner and management.

JOhnnyTHaJet
You're right, the Nets starting team is essentially new given injuries, trades, etc.

But several pieces have played together, namely Deron has played with Brook and Hump, and he's also played with Crash and Hump.

When those units played they still didn't look very formidable. So you're hoping when they all get together and add JJ, they'll be top 3 in the east?

I don't think they will be quite that good.

I never stated they'd be a top 3 team in the East. I never even mentioned a seed they'd be in the playoffs.

Although I will say they could be anywhere from 3-6, I dont think thats out of the question by any means.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Of course not.
Injuries are a part of the game. It would have been nice to see a healthy Knick squad these last 2 playoff runs but it didn't happen. It's not an excuse.

We lost because we were undermanned. That's not an excuse its a fact. How do you beat Boston with Toney/Landry/Melo/Jeffries and how do you beat Miami with Bibby/Smith/Melo? Knicks have been lously in the playoffs, still not relevant to this discussion.

Still doesn't change the fact NY is a playoff team unlike Brooklyn.
Let's see, you ran out of ammo in your last post so I'm guessing you just threw your weapon at me. Is hand to hand combat next bro? Want to take a swing?

Oh so you were undermanned,which is another excuse for being injured.Yeah NY is a playoff team but to say they are a lock when they barely made it to the playoffs the last 2 years is crazy.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Pistons 3 titles >>>>>>>>> Nets 1 (ABA) title. Also, I've been watching the Pistons since 1981 so the "two of them you never saw" comment doesn't work on me.

I've seen the team I like win 3 - Nets have never done anything..

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:51 PM
How do you not get that logic doesnt make sense.

in 07 the Celtics acquired Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, did not being in the playoffs the previous year change anything for them? Were they not a playoff team? Now granted the Nets moves weren't as dramatic as the Celtics were but its still the same concept.

Celtics had Doc Rivers, Brooklyn has Avery Johnson. Coaching hasn't changed anything for Brooklyn.

Boston instantly became a defensive juggernaut, Brooklyn hasn't added enough to be dominant on either side of the ball.

And like you said the Brooklyn's moves don't measure to the impact Boston's moves did.
Boston added KG, Allen and found good guys to add to the roster later on like PJ Brown who helped them be a threat. Brooklyn added Joe Johnson and a bunch of role players, that's a big disparity bro.

colinskik
08-01-2012, 09:52 PM
So then we're basically arguing the same thing from different sides. That's where i think they'll end up too, maybe as low as 7.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Nope. Nets baiting threads are one of a kind! Mods love keeping them up till they get to 15-20 pages of "Lopez sucks" "Everyones overpaid" "They are Atlanta hawks lol" "everyone has injuries no excuses" and then it dies off. Repeat this process for 3 more months..

-From page 7..

This discussion has moved from SOMEWHAT talking about the original post (Nets future) to "Nets won't even make the playoffs" by a Knicks mod and bandwagon haters (don't tell me you aren't a hater if you have posted in every single Nets thread with something negative)

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh so you were undermanned,which is another excuse for being injured.Yeah NY is a playoff team but to say they are a lock when they barely made it to the playoffs the last 2 years is crazy.

They have made the playoffs with an above .500 record the past 2 seasons.
42-40 and 36-30 in a shortened season. That is not barely making the playoffs especially when they were only 1 game back of the 6th seed.

They are pretty much a lock for another playoff berth.
And once again, irrelevant to this thread. This is about the Nets future not the Knicks. Stay on topic.

Spencesc11
08-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Just look at the head to head starting lineups

PG - D. Williams vs. Felton (edge Nets)
SG - J. Johnson vs. Shumpert and JR Smith (edge Nets)
SF - G. Wallace vs. C. Anthony (edge Knicks but not by much)
PF and C (Humpries and Lopez) vs. (Stoudemire and Chandler) - even

Guards dominate the NBA and when you have two All Stars in your backcourt it will make plenty of easy hoops for your front court. Carmelo is a beast but the supporting cast doesn't really suit his game so I say Nets above Knicks in the standings pretty easily.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Celtics had Doc Rivers, Brooklyn has Avery Johnson. Coaching hasn't changed anything for Brooklyn.

Boston instantly became a defensive juggernaut, Brooklyn hasn't added enough to be dominant on either side of the ball.

And like you said the Brooklyn's moves don't measure to the impact Boston's moves did.
Boston added KG, Allen and found good guys to add to the roster later on like PJ Brown who helped them be a threat. Brooklyn added Joe Johnson and a bunch of role players, that's a big disparity bro.
You're reaching beyond belief. Are you really talking about coaching? Its not like Avery Johnson hasnt had success in his career.

The moves Brooklyn made last year and this year plus new additions to the bench and a healthy Lopez is a playoff team. Any reasonable NBA fan can tell you such, I sense you're being more bias to the topic than any sort of rationale.

Whats next? Our team doctor wasnt as good as the Celtics?

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Guards dominate the NBA and when you have two All Stars in your backcourt it will make plenty of easy hoops for your front court. Carmelo is a beast but the supporting cast doesn't really suit his game so I say Nets above Knicks in the standings pretty easily.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
-From page 7..

This discussion has moved from SOMEWHAT talking about the original post (Nets future) to "Nets won't even make the playoffs" by a Knicks mod and bandwagon haters (don't tell me you aren't a hater if you have posted in every single Nets thread with something negative)

That's their opinion on the Nets future. The Nets are a second round exit team at best.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
You're reaching beyond belief. Are you really talking about coaching? Its not like Avery Johnson hasnt had success in his career.

The moves Brooklyn made last year and this year plus new additions to the bench and a healthy Lopez is a playoff team. Any reasonable NBA fan can tell you such, I sense you're being more bias to the topic than any sort of rationale.

I'm not reaching. Coaching is a part of a good playoff team as well. Boston has the superior coach. Compare Del Negro to Tom Thibs, who helped the Bulls more? Is coaching just not important? I disagree.

I don't see how I'm being bias. I simply stated they have 3 teams in their own division who are playoff bound and they have a lot to prove and are banking on staying healthy so they don't repeat last season.

What is absurd with my claim? Why should I automatically put them as a top Eastern team? Is it because they will 100% stay healthy and be much better than last season? I don't fully agree with that.

THE MTL
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM

See I hate when poster give their teams excuses but never look at the other side.

Knicks had our injuries too. We were without Stat and Lin for the whole last month of season. And jeffries and baron werent there either.

And u talk about falling apart. Knicks fell apart twice in the same season. We were completely lost before Linsanity. And then we were lost after allstar break and had to fire the coach.

Patrick Ewing33
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Very entertaining thread.. keep it going :)

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
That's their opinion on the Nets future. The Nets are a second round exit team at best.

No. The last 5-10 pages are about their chances for the playoffs THIS year/Knicks>Nets/Lopez sucks/everyone gets injured...while the post asked about the future (next few years) as a result of their salary cap issues. The original post was a perfectly valid discussion topic but maybe 5 posts in the entire thread have talked about that.

D12 fan
They have made the playoffs with an above .500 record the past 2 seasons.
42-40 and 36-30 in a shortened season. That is not barely making the playoffs especially when they were only 1 game back of the 6th seed.

They are pretty much a lock for another playoff berth.
And once again, irrelevant to this thread. This is about the Nets future not the Knicks. Stay on topic.

Oh now you getting mad because I speak the truth about the knicks.lmao

You right we are off topic,but the Nets will make the playoffs they will have a allstar backcourt with Dwill/Joe and a healthy center Lopez and Wallace/Humphries will handle the dirty work.I just don't think they have a bright future because they have no real young star to build around.

THE MTL

PG- obvious.

SG- Im taking Shumpert + JR all day over Johnson. Johnson was streaky last season and Shumpert's defense>>>>>>

SF- "not by much"???? Are u on drugs?

PF and C- you just confirmed to be on drugs (lopez/humphris = chandler/amare) lmfao.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Pistons 3 titles >>>>>>>>> Nets 1 (ABA) title. Also, I've been watching the Pistons since 1981 so the "two of them you never saw" comment doesn't work on me.

I've seen the team I like win 3 - Nets have never done anything..

Ok so why are you still watching if you have seen them win, why? Because its about the present not the past.

29$JerZ
08-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh now you getting mad because I speak the truth about the knicks.lmao

You right we are off topic,but the Nets will make the playoffs they will have a allstar backcourt with Dwill/Joe and a healthy center Lopez and Wallace/Humphries will handle the dirty work.I just don't think they have a bright future because they have no real young star to build around.

How am I getting mad? Posters like you don't get on my nerves. You've pretty much have wasted my time and continue to be off topic.

I'm discussing the Nets future which pertains to them making the playoffs or not next year. You are hammering this off topic notion about Orlando being hurt which is why they were the 6th seed, but NY going through a coaching change and losing badly early on is irrelevant. Then you just assume I'm mad when I'm in fact laughing that I'm still here replying to your nonsense.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm not reaching. Coaching is a part of a good playoff team as well. Boston has the superior coach. Compare Del Negro to Tom Thibs, who helped the Bulls more? Is coaching just not important? I disagree.

I don't see how I'm being bias. I simply stated they have 3 teams in their own division who are playoff bound and they have a lot to prove and are banking on staying healthy so they don't repeat last season.

What is absurd with my claim? Why should I automatically put them as a top Eastern team? Is it because they will 100% stay healthy and be much better than last season? I don't fully agree with that.

What makes you say they will be healthy while the Nets won't? You said earlier that the Nets are injury prone. Brook Lopez had not missed a single game for THREE SEASONS dude. Gerald Wallace played in 16 games because he was traded at the deadline! The other injuries (Okur, James, Bogans, Morrow, etc) aren't even on the team anymore. This is a brand new team - the only returners are the starters (Deron, Hump, Lopez) and 6th man Marshon. I didn't count Gerald since he played 16 games - none with the 3 returning starters mentioned TOGETHER.

What's absurd about your claim? Not that you aren't putting them as a top Eastern team but you continue to say that the Nets won't make the playoffs. You are saying the Cleveland/Toronto could have better records than the Nets. Will they be 100% healthy? Hell no. But neither will any team in the league. I'm pretty sure they won't have 14 different starting lineups and 6 d-league call ups this year though...

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM

I never stated the Nets to be a top team in the East, you said the Nets aren't a playoff team when its pretty clear to see, with the current roster, its more than possible. Thats where I find absurdity with your comment.

Coaches mean a lot, probably the difference between winning a championship and not winning a championship, but you act like you're comparing Phil Jackson and Patrick Ewing. Whether you want to accept it or not Avery is a good enough coach to lead this team, and he has a history of doing so with the Mavs.

THE MTL
08-01-2012, 10:09 PM
How am I getting mad? Posters like you don't get on my nerves. You've pretty much have wasted my time and continue to be off topic.

I'm discussing the Nets future which pertains to them making the playoffs or not next year. You are hammering this off topic notion about Orlando being hurt which is why they were the 6th seed, but NY going through a coaching change and losing badly early on is irrelevant. Then you just assume I'm mad when I'm in fact laughing that I'm still here replying to your nonsense.

Dude dont even bother with him. Orlando is irrelevant for this thread, and once they lose Dwight they will be irrelevant in the NBA. All that matter is NYC > Orl.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Why is this thread stil open>

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Dude dont even bother with him. Orlando is irrelevant for this thread, and once they lose Dwight they will be irrelevant in the NBA. All that matter is NYC > Orl.

Haha he's not even an Orlando fan anymore. Dwight fan. Never understood that concept of rooting solely for a player without having a favorite team. I'm always going to root for Jason Kidd (yes even on the Knicks) but I'll be a diehard Nets fan no matter what.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 10:13 PM

I think the Knicks board needs some mods right now to watch the boards.

THE MTL
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok so why are you still watching if you have seen them win, why? Because its about the present not the past.

who's better now? Nets or Pistons. The answer is obvious lol. And yeah I hate when ppl bring up the past.

U never hear the Lakers or Celtics tlking about not competing this season because they have over 30 championships between the 2 of them.

Pistons are stupid. They blew up a perfectly fine team because they only made it to the ECF five years in a row. Well they are currently wrking on their 4th yr of no playoffs. Must be nice lol.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Ok im done,you can go back to trolling Nets fans to why they are not a playoff team.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
who's better now? Nets or Pistons. The answer is obvious lol. And yeah I hate when ppl bring up the past.

U never hear the Lakers or Celtics tlking about not competing this season because they have over 30 championships between the 2 of them.

Pistons are stupid. They blew up a perfectly fine team because they only made it to the ECF five years in a row. Well they are currently wrking on their 4th yr of no playoffs. Must be nice lol.

Yep and giving those big deals to those role players.

naps
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Knicks trolls are too scared of the Nets.

fadedmario
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Wonder why??? :facepalm:

BradHolt4CYoung
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM

I would like to go back to the part of this thread where you said the Cavs and Toronto will be fighting for the Nets for the 7th/8th seeds in the East. I just took the time to look at their rosters. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?

The Cavs had LESS wins last season then the Nets(1). You think the Cavs had a better offseason then the Nets? The Cavs offseason: drafted Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller (Waiters pick has been bashed heavily) and there other acquisitions were Jermey Pargo, and Lon Leuer.

Toronto had ONE more win last season then the Nets. They traded for Kyle Lowry, signed Landry Fields(according to Knicks fans he sucks), signed John Lucas, Aaron Gray and add Jonas Valanciunas(who cares? Apparently young big man top European scorers are nothing to get excited about~Mirza Teletovic). There rookies wont even start.

These are better then trading scrubs for Joe Johnson, pushing Marshon Brooks to 6th man? Signing Europes top scorer? Adding solid bench players in CJ Watson, Reggie Evans, Tayshawn Taylor? How about going into the season with Gerald Wallace, who played just 16 games for the nets last year after being traded for at the deadline. How about adding Brook Lopez capable of 20/8? Yes I say adding. He played 5 out of 66 games last year.

Please explain.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I would like to go back to the part of this thread where you said the Cavs and Toronto will be fighting for the Nets for the 7th/8th seeds in the East. I just took the time to look at their rosters. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?

The Cavs had LESS wins last season then the Nets(1). You think the Cavs had a better offseason then the Nets? The Cavs offseason: drafted Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller (Waiters pick has been bashed heavily) and there other acquisitions were Jermey Pargo, and Lon Leuer.

Toronto had ONE more win last season then the Nets. They traded for Kyle Lowry, signed Landry Fields(according to Knicks fans he sucks), signed John Lucas, Aaron Gray and add Jonas Valanciunas(who cares? Apparently young big man top European scorers are nothing to get excited about~Mirza Teletovic). There rookies wont even start.

These are better then trading scrubs for Joe Johnson, pushing Marshon Brooks to 6th man? Signing Europes top scorer? Adding solid bench players in CJ Watson, Reggie Evans, Tayshawn Taylor? How about going into the season with Gerald Wallace, who played just 16 games for the nets last year after being traded for at the deadline. How about adding Brook Lopez capable of 20/8? Yes I say adding. He played 5 out of 66 games last year.

Please explain.

OWNNNEEDDDDD! :cool:

NJDrew2
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Every day I visit PSD and see another Nets thread about how Brook Lopez is going to get injured this year. I'd be willing to bet most Nets fans don't even know much about his rehab so I'll ask a few questions to those that keep saying he won't play this year- How is his rehab going? Is he at 20%? 50%? 90%? Is he rehabbing the foot, ankle, or both? How many games did he miss before this past season? How about in college? High school? Pre-school if you'd like?
It seems some people are really obsessed with an injury they know little to nothing about and it baffles me.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Every day I visit PSD and see another Nets thread about how Brook Lopez is going to get injured this year. I'd be willing to bet most Nets fans don't even know much about his rehab so I'll ask a few questions to those that keep saying he won't play this year- How is his rehab going? Is he at 20%? 50%? 90%? Is he rehabbing the foot, ankle, or both? How many games did he miss before this past season? How about in college? High school? Pre-school if you'd like?
It seems some people are really obsessed with an injury they know little to nothing about and it baffles me.

Homer! He's injury prone now!:rolleyes:

uprightciti
08-01-2012, 11:26 PM
washington
brooklyn
cleveland
orlando

will all be fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds in the east

no way

heat
pacers
celtics
knicks
hawks
76ers

drop below 7

Losoway
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
washington
brooklyn
cleveland
orlando

will all be fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds in the east

no way

heat
pacers
celtics
knicks
hawks
76ers

drop below 7

i dont understand what your saying but im gonna assume your saying the nets is a 7th seed team :facepalm::facepalm:

no way . we are top 5 in the east

uprightciti
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
and thats assuming chicago ****s up so hard next year....

brooklyn future is ok

they are still a building team
lopez max deal was a waste
and joe johnson has the worst contract in the nba
deron williams is well in the top 15 player
and gerald wallace is getting old

Hawkeye15
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Because I disagree with you and I happen to be a fan of the Nets that makes me wrong?

Never said that. Your being very biased, because you are a Nets fan however.

You must have one big of an ego if you want everyone to agree with you.

Not really concerned if someone agrees with me.

Simple fact is I think differently than you, so because you said it that makes me wrong? What if I posted that and you disagreed with me does that make you wrong?

Here is where you attempt to distract the conversation from basketball.

You made it clear last week you think Nets fans are so whiny now and defensive. So its pretty clear your plan.

False. I said, literally, now that your team is relevant, you will need to grow thicker skin. This is a fact.

I asked you about your wolves to see if you would be a "homer" or whatever you call it. And I wanted to see how you compare the teams.

You attempted to deflect a question, like a woman does. The Wolves have zero to do with this thread. If you wish to know if I am a homer or not, there are plenty of threads on this site where my opinions are layed out. If you only stick to Nets related threads, which you do, you missed them. I don't feel the need to rehash.

jmoney85
08-02-2012, 12:18 AM
why bother arguing with domefavors? .... everybody and their immediate family know he is a tool

Evolution23
08-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Jeez Nets fans sound pathetically insecure right now.

Young and Stupid
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM

Irony is one of the life's greatest pleasures.

Whomewhome
08-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Is it me or have the Nets gone from the most irrelevant team in the league to one of the most hated teams in the league? it's a serious question!

I understand how some Knicks fans could hate us even more due to territory issues but what are other team fans excuses???

Whomewhome
08-02-2012, 01:34 AM
I actually think that of Knicks fans. overconfident and overly insecure. Two huge contradictions well that's what the Knicks are made of in the end CONTRADICTION

Hawkeye15
08-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Is it me or have the Nets gone from the most irrelevant team in the league to one of the most hated teams in the league? it's a serious question!

I understand how some Knicks fans could hate us even more due to territory issues but what are other team fans excuses???

Neutral fan here. I have said multiple times over the past month, that the Nets are now relevant, therefore their fans need to grow thicker skin. You are getting arrogant, cocky fans active on all sorts of media sites that end up pissing normal people off, and it's a team in the biggest market in the world.

Grow thicker skin. Stop letting trolls and critics bother you. Otherwise you will go nuts.

Whomewhome
08-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Neutral fan here. I have said multiple times over the past month, that the Nets are now relevant, therefore their fans need to grow thicker skin. You are getting arrogant, cocky fans active on all sorts of media sites that end up pissing normal people off, and it's a team in the biggest market in the world.

Grow thicker skin. Stop letting trolls and critics bother you. Otherwise you will go nuts.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Honestly. I've been a fan for so long that it doesn't really matter what I say or do. I worry about the guys who became fans during our finals runs in the early 2000's they are way overconfident and way too cocky for Knicks fans.

They need to remember that Knicks have history. We have nothing! In many ways we are a new franchise. In fact the name change was so close to happening...that it is scary. We are a new team, in a big market that is already owned by Knicks so we need to keep calm till our teams battle it out on the court.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Honestly. I've been a fan for so long that it doesn't really matter what I say or do. I worry about the guys who became fans during our finals runs in the early 2000's they are way overconfident and way too cocky for Knicks fans.

They need to remember that Knicks have history. We have nothing! In many ways we are a new franchise. In fact the name change was so close to happening...that it is scary. We are a new team, in a big market that is already owned by Knicks so we need to keep calm till our teams battle it out on the court.

I like Brook and Gerald, so I will be watching the Nets quite a few games this year on league pass.

Whomewhome
08-02-2012, 01:51 AM
I like Brook and Gerald, so I will be watching the Nets quite a few games this year on league pass.
Brook Lopez or Marshon Brooks?

I personally am excited for the combo of players I think this is the first time we have players that compliment each other. YES ALL ARE OVERPAID. But they compliment each other very well. Am also for excited to see how Teletuby does in the NBA. the guy was a scoring machine in Europe. so I really wonder how he will do