PDA

View Full Version : Official Waivers Thread

AI
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Put everything in here...

AI
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Most everyone will be put on trade waivers over the next few weeks. Today it was Nick Punto and Carl Crawford.

Cafardo

Sweet_Caroline
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
It would be awesome if someone was dumb enough to claim Crawful (Kenny Williams).

AI
08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Screw a day, it would make my year.

LasahShow14
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Ha I'm hoping (realistically, sorry AI and Caroline) that either Salt or Shop gets picked. I really want to see Lavarnway catching and hitting up here for the rest of the year.

gustofer1
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Ha I'm hoping (realistically, sorry AI and Caroline) that either Salt or Shop gets picked. I really want to see Lavarnway catching and hitting up here for the rest of the year.

I don't want Salty going anywhere, he'd make a serviceable DH should Papi be out any more this season. If not, a 3:2 ratio of plate appearances for Salty/Lav would be viable for a winning formula imo.

Also, Salty is a very confident young man who has stuck with his approach and with this team through everything from last year's awful finish through this season's pitiful start. I think he should be a 2-4 year term re-sign for this club.

AI
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Salty a serviceable DH? Best joke I've heard all day.

gustofer1
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Salty a serviceable DH? Best joke I've heard all day.

Well he's not even close to Gonzo's level at first, and he's "not a good defensive catcher", I'm just trying to see where he might have a role on this team because he is a slugger and sure he K's a lot, but he'd be good, not "great" like I said "serviceable" at the DH, if Papi walks or if he gets hurt again.

LasahShow14
08-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Gustofer, yes Salty does hit a lot of dingers, but he strikes out way to much to be a serviceable DH and as you can tell by his Avg. and OBP he won't hit the ball a lot or get on base. I do think he could improve a little bit, but not enough to be a DH. I want Papi back if at all possible for a reasonable cost, but if not I would like to see Lavarnway at C and maybe Ross, Lavarnway, and Gonzo splitting DH duties. (If we were to resign Ross.)

Crucis
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Well he's not even close to Gonzo's level at first, and he's "not a good defensive catcher", I'm just trying to see where he might have a role on this team because he is a slugger and sure he K's a lot, but he'd be good, not "great" like I said "serviceable" at the DH, if Papi walks or if he gets hurt again.

Salty's BA and OBP are just too low to be a good DH. As a hitter, those numbers are quite serviceable, particularly due to his HR's. But DH's should be doing better than that.

Crucis
08-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Gustofer, yes Salty does hit a lot of dingers, but he strikes out way to much to be a serviceable DH and as you can tell by his Avg. and OBP he won't hit the ball a lot or get on base. I do think he could improve a little bit, but not enough to be a DH. I want Papi back if at all possible for a reasonable cost, but if not I would like to see Lavarnway at C and maybe Ross, Lavarnway, and Gonzo splitting DH duties. (If we were to resign Ross.)

I don't worry that much about the strikeouts. It's the OBP that's the real killer for Salty, IMO. By comparison, Adam Dunn has historically been a low AVG, high OBP type of slugger who is serviceable as a DH in spite of his great # of K's.

gustofer1
08-01-2012, 07:59 PM

If we're a team pinching pennies for a year or two, since we don't have a lot of room for cost controlled players I think he'd be a good 6/7 hitting DH. If he hits 30 homers this year that's pretty descent. I'm not saying he's "better" than Papi but for 3 years at 6-7.5 mil/yr that's some pennies we could pinch and still win 90-95 games a year with him at DH.

I just can't imagine the return would be worth the value he would provide playing 115-125 games for ~$4-6 mil a year cheaper than Ortiz. There's your cash to re-sign Ross and maybe make a mid-higher dollar move this year in FA even if we don't move a guy like CC or Beckett.

*edit* I'm not arguing here, just trying to provide insight on why we might want to keep him. I think if there's a move available to acquire a cost-controlled guy or two who could provide for this team, then make it. I just don't see that as a possibility. I'm just as high as everyone else on Lavarnway and I want him to get his at-bats, but I see no harm in keeping him and letting Ortiz walk if he doesn't want another 1 year deal.

LasahShow14
08-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't worry that much about the strikeouts. It's the OBP that's the real killer for Salty, IMO. By comparison, Adam Dunn has historically been a low AVG, high OBP type of slugger who is serviceable as a DH in spite of his great # of K's.

Yeah, I just am not a fan of Dunn. I just like a DH with a good BA, but that is just my opinion.

RATEDR116
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
why didnt we just take hanley for CC....instead of putting him up on waivers....smh

LasahShow14
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
If we're a team pinching pennies for a year or two, since we don't have a lot of room for cost controlled players I think he'd be a good 6/7 hitting DH. If he hits 30 homers this year that's pretty descent. I'm not saying he's "better" than Papi but for 3 years at 6-7.5 mil/yr that's some pennies we could pinch and still win 90-95 games a year with him at DH.

I just can't imagine the return would be worth the value he would provide playing 115-125 games for ~$4-6 mil a year cheaper than Ortiz. There's your cash to re-sign Ross and maybe make a mid-higher dollar move this year in FA even if we don't move a guy like CC or Beckett.

*edit* I'm not arguing here, just trying to provide insight on why we might want to keep him. I think if there's a move available to acquire a cost-controlled guy or two who could provide for this team, then make it. I just don't see that as a possibility. I'm just as high as everyone else on Lavarnway and I want him to get his at-bats, but I see no harm in keeping him and letting Ortiz walk if he doesn't want another 1 year deal.

I agree man about the money, but I want to sign Papi to a 2 year deal that is cheaper than his current deal.

gustofer1
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
why didnt we just take hanley for CC....instead of putting him up on waivers....smh

He's not fit for our squad, what with the "character issues" of Beckett. I don't think he'd be any more serviceable in LF than he would be at short, where Ciriaco and Aviles are cheaper anyhow. A waiver deal for CC would probably net us a better return than a guy who might not improve this club now or for the future. Just my opinion.

Crucis
08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I just am not a fan of Dunn. I just like a DH with a good BA, but that is just my opinion.

I prefer more AVG too. My point was that Dunn is serviceable because of his high OBP, despite his low AVG and high # of K's, whereas Salty really isn't a serviceable DH because of his low OBP. Dunn's high OBP mitigates his negatives, but Salty's low OBP only further exposes his other negatives.

Celtic AL
08-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Indains DFa'd Derek Lowe. but i think he'll go to the Dodgers or retire

ricomactaco
08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
DLowe in our pen might work. Might not too

SoxFan0407
08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Should we try to swap trash for trash with the Phillies for Cliff Lee? We could probably ship out Beckett and someone else to make the money even out?

Would going after Jed Lowrie if the Astros put him on waivers make sense?

Nomar
08-02-2012, 11:33 AM

Except Dunn is way more patient, to a point where Salty will never be. If Salty cut down his strikeouts, his average would inevitably go up.

Nomar
08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Why would we ever want Derek Lowe?

Cliff Lee wont happen. Thats a lot of money to even out.

Lowrie has an .800 OPS which is great, but OTOH he still proves that he cant stay healthy. Its probably not worth what they would want in a deal for him.

Celtic AL
08-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Why would we ever want Derek Lowe?

Cliff Lee wont happen. Thats a lot of money to even out.

Lowrie has an .800 OPS which is great, but OTOH he still proves that he cant stay healthy. Its probably not worth what they would want in a deal for him. Pitching depth.

Nomar
08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Pitching depth.

He is worse than all of our starters besides Lester right now and has no place in our bullpen which has more people on the way. Idk i just dont see it.

Soxfan85
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
[ Quote ]

Boston.com

In a radio appearance on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan show this morning, Red Sox GM Ben Cherington indicated there is some interest from the Sox.

"Derek obviously had a great run here," Cherington said. "We'll take a look at it. But we still need to focus on the guys here. We have great respect for Derek and what he did. We'll take a look at it. If it makes sense to pursue, we'll do so. That will be on the agenda today. But we still feel like we have the potential solutions internally for our rotation."

AI
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Source: Phillies have placed Cliff Lee on waivers. Executives expect him to clear Friday afternoon, be eligible for trade.

The 33-year-old Lee earns $21.5MM this year and $25MM per season from 2013-15. His contract includes a $27.5MM vesting option ($12.5MM buyout) for 2016.

Would a Crawford and specs for Lee deal make sense for the Phillies?

gustofer1
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
no

Crucis
08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Except Dunn is way more patient, to a point where Salty will never be. If Salty cut down his strikeouts, his average would inevitably go up.

I think it depends on why you think he's getting all those strikeouts. If it's because he's swinging at too many bad pitches, then perhaps his AVG would increase. But Dunn is patient and draws a lot of walks, so one assumes that he probably is patient and has a good command of the strike zone, and yet his AVG is very low.

I'm just not sure that there's a 100% correlation between cutting down on strikeouts and increasing AVG.

AI
08-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Carl Crawford
13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
Total guaranteeed remaining $102.5M; $20.5M per

Cliff Lee
13:$25M, 14:$25M, 15:$25M, 16:$27.5M club option ($12.5M buyout)
Total guaranteed remaining $87.5M, $102.5M if option vests

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Carl Crawford
13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
Total guaranteeed remaining $102.5M; $20.5M per

Cliff Lee
13:$25M, 14:$25M, 15:$25M, 16:$27.5M club option ($12.5M buyout)
Total guaranteed remaining $87.5M, $102.5M if option vests

Sign me up for that every day of the week. Realistically the Phillies would be crazy to go after Crawford, but who knows. Lee is the type of ace that I would back regardless of age because he's a gamer. He doesn't in any case ever give the indication he has an ego or poor attitude. Maybe I'm wrong. His K/9 is down a little to 8.57 per but he's still solid.

JMP83
08-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Would a Crawford and specs for Lee deal make sense for the Phillies?

They probably wouldn't do something like until the offseason. They moved Pence and Victorino to help stay under the luxury tax line this season, and will probably explore Lee trades during the offseason. If they can find a good match they could pull the trigger, but I highly doubt it would be for Crawford.

AI
08-02-2012, 05:37 PM
We'd have to add a decent prospect or 2 to make it work, that being said, this deal will never happen.

Soxfan85
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
[ Quote ]

According to a team source, the Red Sox are “still gathering info” to determine whether they will pursue reacquiring Derek Lowe, who was designated for assignment last night by the Cleveland Indians.

Lowe, 39, is 8-10 with a 5.52 ERA in 21 starts for the Indians this season. But after getting off to a strong start (6-1, 2.15 ERA in his first nine starts), he has an 8.80 ERA in his last 12 outings, prompting the Indians’ decision to cut ties with him.

For the Red Sox, Lowe would amount to a two-month rental. He’s making $15 million in the final season of a four-year, $60 million contract. He pitched for the Red Sox from 1997-2004, going 70-55 with a 3.72 ERA.

(Twitter: @ScottLauber

Nomar
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I think it depends on why you think he's getting all those strikeouts. If it's because he's swinging at too many bad pitches, then perhaps his AVG would increase. But Dunn is patient and draws a lot of walks, so one assumes that he probably is patient and has a good command of the strike zone, and yet his AVG is very low.

I'm just not sure that there's a 100% correlation between cutting down on strikeouts and increasing AVG.

Yeah true about Dunn for sure, but Salty definitely doesnt have that great of an idea of the zone and his BABIP would help his avg go up at least a little.

Nomar
08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Lee's contract is insane. **** that.

If we trade Crawford ill jizz everywhere.

Green_Monster
08-02-2012, 06:20 PM
The Diamondbacks have granted Scott Podsednik his release after he declined an assignment to Triple-A, reports Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic (on Twitter). Arizona acquired him as part of the Matt Albers-Craig Breslow trade earlier this week.

Podsednik, 36, hit .387/.409/.484 with six steals in 70 plate appearances with the Red Sox this year and .242/.308/.291 in Triple-A. The speedy outfielder also missed a little more than two weeks with a groin strain earlier this season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/diamondbacks-release-scott-podsednik.html

He didn't get waived, he got released. Anyone think we'll try to pick him up?

AI
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
He'll probably sign a major league deal soon. If I had to guess, I'd say the Reds pick him up. They need a LHH and a leadoff guy, Podsednik would be a good fit.

Sweet_Caroline
08-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Derek Lowe is awful. And I loved Lowe.

AI
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd rather have Lowe than Cook to be honest. Maybe it's because he's always been a personal favorite.

Soxfan85
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/diamondbacks-release-scott-podsednik.html

He didn't get waived, he got released. Anyone think we'll try to pick him up?

Theres no room for him. Crawford & Ells are back. He would have to go to AAA which he wont because he didnt in AZ. Unless he can pinch hit or something I dont see him coming back.

Soxfan85
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd rather have Lowe than Cook to be honest. Maybe it's because he's always been a personal favorite.

I agree with you. I was a huge fan of Lowe and was sad to see him leave. Yes hes bad but maybe that can change for the next 2 months as a rental. It cant hurt lol

tiger_ted
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Never good to go and rely on your heros in this sort of scenario. Best to leave past memories as just that.

AI
08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
More depth down the stretch can't hurt. Sign him to a minor league deal and stick him in AAA.

Green_Monster
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Theres no room for him. Crawford & Ells are back. He would have to go to AAA which he wont because he didnt in AZ. Unless he can pinch hit or something I dont see him coming back.

Send Kalish back down.

bagwell368
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't want Salty going anywhere, he'd make a serviceable DH should Papi be out any more this season. If not, a 3:2 ratio of plate appearances for Salty/Lav would be viable for a winning formula imo.

Salty would be a below average DH. This year in the AL, the average:

C: .245/.313/.400 tOPS+ 95
DH: .261/.335/.440 tOPS+ 111

While Salty's SLG is very good, his OBP is brutal.

.233/.288/.502

Also, Salty is a very confident young man who has stuck with his approach and with this team through everything from last year's awful finish through this season's pitiful start. I think he should be a 2-4 year term re-sign for this club.

Inside of 3 years the Red Sox catchers could well be Lavarnway and Swihart - that's what the Sox brass is hoping - so they'll be careful with any long term deals for Salty unless the money is very low.

gustofer1
08-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Salty would be a below average DH. This year in the AL, the average:

C: .245/.313/.400 tOPS+ 95
DH: .261/.335/.440 tOPS+ 111

While Salty's SLG is very good, his OBP is brutal.

.233/.288/.502

I understand that his OBP is low, but I don't see how we're going to fill a possible hole at DH without him. If there's an internal option, I don't see it. At least not this year or next. I see us trying to save money, and I proposed an option. I always respect the numbers, but there's a point imo that a guy with lower OBP for a possible platoon DH that's going to be much cheaper than the one we have now (who may not produce the same again) should be considered an option.

Crucis
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I understand that his OBP is low, but I don't see how we're going to fill a possible hole at DH without him. If there's an internal option, I don't see it. At least not this year or next. I see us trying to save money, and I proposed an option. I always respect the numbers, but there's a point imo that a guy with lower OBP for a possible platoon DH that's going to be much cheaper than the one we have now (who may not produce the same again) should be considered an option.

While I prefer the idea that teams should have a full time DH (otherwise the entire DH rule seems like a farce), there's no reason that the Sox would have to have a seriously sub-standard full-time DH just to say that they have a full time DH. They might be better just having another good bench player and just rotating players thru the DH slot, rather than having a bad full-time DH.

Now, to be fair, one might wonder how much better Salty's offensive stats might be if he was a full time DH and didn't have to expend his energy as a catcher.

gustofer1
08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
While I prefer the idea that teams should have a full time DH (otherwise the entire DH rule seems like a farce), there's no reason that the Sox would have to have a seriously sub-standard full-time DH just to say that they have a full time DH. They might be better just having another good bench player and just rotating players thru the DH slot, rather than having a bad full-time DH.

Now, to be fair, one might wonder how much better Salty's offensive stats might be if he was a full time DH and didn't have to expend his energy as a catcher.

Yeah his catching is sub-par and I think focusing on learning to hit with 2 strikes over learning how to catch could improve his offensive numbers for sure.

Having a platoon-type DH is not the way to go, but considering the amount of left handed pitching there is in the league, Salty could get 400+ ab's strictly hitting against RHP. I highly doubt Ortiz will be back, and I'd actually waive him if we're 6+ out of a wildcard spot later this month to see if a team like Oakland would give us some of their pitching for him.

Crucis
08-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Yeah his catching is sub-par and I think focusing on learning to hit with 2 strikes over learning how to catch could improve his offensive numbers for sure.

Actually I was looking at it from more of a physical and energy perspective than a skills perspective, since it seems that as the season progresses, Salty's stats start dipping as he gets progressively more tired from being a near full time catcher, resulting in a slower bat and probably thus more swings and misses.

Having a platoon-type DH is not the way to go, but considering the amount of left handed pitching there is in the league, Salty could get 400+ ab's strictly hitting against RHP. I highly doubt Ortiz will be back, and I'd actually waive him if we're 6+ out of a wildcard spot later this month to see if a team like Oakland would give us some of their pitching for him.

I'm personally expect that Ortiz WILL be back, and would be surprised otherwise.

As for Salty, yeah, if he only hit against RHP's (or at least RH starters), it'd probably be good for his stats. However, I'm not so sure that that would be enough to make him a "good" DH. If the Sox didn't have Ortiz, they might get more DH production by rotating the DH and matching up hitters vs starters, than they'd get by strictly using Salty. Also, I'm not entirely sure that Salty would be happy to be a full time DH, since it would seem likely to hurt his long term earning potential.

YazMan
08-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Sign D-Lowe. He is obviously excited about coming back. Pitching at Fenway could rejuvinate him and with Beckett iffy it can't hurt. Pitching is not just physical, it's mental (insert Jon Lester here) and getting out of Cleveland may be what he needs. Always a huge fan and always wished Pedro had a return engagement too. He still throws ground balls and even if he goes in the pen, he can replace Albers when you need a DP!

SoxFan0407
08-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Dump Beckett on Waivers, bring back Lowe, sign Pedro and Wake out of retirement and let's call it a year.

Lester
Buccholz
Doubront
D-Lowe
Pedro/Wake

Oh, AND trade Salty on waivers and bring back Tek for one last go around while we're at it.

At least this would make me want to watch.

Celtic AL
08-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Dump Beckett on Waivers, bring back Lowe, sign Pedro and Wake out of retirement and let's call it a year.

Lester
Buccholz
Doubront
D-Lowe
Pedro/Wake

Oh, AND trade Salty on waivers and bring back Tek for one last go around while we're at it.

At least this would make me want to watch. dude its 2012 not 2004...

Celtic AL
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm with AI on this one. Sign him to a minor league deal so he can work it out then call.him ip for the sept.call ups

Celtic AL
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I think hes going here but I wont be shocked if he signs a 1 day contract and retires

SoxFan0407
08-03-2012, 10:46 AM
dude its 2012 not 2004...

You couldn't ACTUALLY think I was serious..............dude....

Nomar
08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Oil Can
Pedro
D Lowe
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco

SoxFan0407
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Oil Can
Pedro
D Lowe
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco

Now we're talking.

Pavelb1
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Oil Can
Pedro
D Lowe
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco

No DMac? Fail.

But seriously, Yanks cut DMac right? Why didn't we sign him to a minor league contract? Hell. Hell with Nava and Sweeney hurt, DMac could almost go right back to our bench.

homie564
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Paul Byrd :laugh2: been a while since we heard that name.

MG956
08-03-2012, 12:34 PM
No DMac? Fail.

But seriously, Yanks cut DMac right? Why didn't we sign him to a minor league contract? Hell. Hell with Nava and Sweeney hurt, DMac could almost go right back to our bench.

That's not funny!

Nomar
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Hes pitching in place of Beckett next start

cocossox
08-03-2012, 04:48 PM
for what its worth here cliff lee did not clear waviers. could it be us who claimed him?, 4/90m ouch.

Crucis
08-03-2012, 05:14 PM
for what its worth here cliff lee did not clear waviers. could it be us who claimed him?, 4/90m ouch.

Wow. Didn't think it'd happen. Could it be the Red Sox? I doubt it. I think that getting stuck with Lee and his astronomical contract would really, really put the Red Sox in a bind.

AI
08-03-2012, 05:40 PM
It's not us, I'm 100% sure of it.

poprocksncoke
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
was the Dodgers

Nomar
08-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Mlbtr

the red sox have placed aaron cook, felix doubront, and andrew miller on trade waivers, according to nick cafardo of the boston globe. Cafardo notes that while doubront won't be going anywhere, cook is a trade candidate.

grandsalami
08-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Sean McAdam ‏@Sean_McAdam
Source: Sox placed Adrian Gonzalez on trade waivers today. Pretty standard stuff in Aug., but perhaps willing to listen on him this winter?

Its just standard waiver stuff Sean....

MagicBucsSox
08-23-2012, 03:35 PM
@JonHeymanCBS: execs could see #dodgers claiming a-gon since loney looks like a short timer there. but #redsox wouldnt just let him go

@Ken_Rosenthal: Was told that #RedSox only would move AGon in “transformative” - or franchise-changing - deal. Not out of question. But unlikely now.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Keep in mind with AGon on waivers, if #RedSox want to trade him, chances of making strong deal in off-season MUCH greater than in August

Why not? Get rid of that salary for young guys and spects move ellsbury in the offseason.

I think LAD will get in on A-Gon. Kemp could use the help or vice versa

GoldDustTwin
08-23-2012, 05:52 PM
^^^^^^

While we do have players/salaries to get rid of, A-Gon's isn't one of them; he'll actually earn his contract.

Nomar
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
This is the Red Sox people. Theres a lot of money to spend. The problem isnt the amount of money were paying these guys. The problem is that the guys that are making lots of money arent earning that money.

Continuing on what GoldDust said, if we got rid of Gonzalez, we would be stupid. Gonzalez is going to give us more bang for our buck than any other big name 1st baseman. We would end up paying some other worse player $20 million a year. Also, Gonzalez's contract ends before he is 38, which is a lot better of a situation than the Angels and Reds will be in with Pujols and Votto.

The only reason we should ever get rid of Gonzo is if we have another guy like Anthony Rizzo come up through our system. We might have been a better team eventually if we kept Rizzo and Kelly. However it was impossible to know that we wouldnt be contenders in 2011 or 2012 at the time of the trade with San Diego, so i dont really blame the front office for that.

Bo Sox Fan
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Gonzalez is the only sure thing on this team to consistently perform at an elite level AND stay healthy.

He's untouchable if I were the GM. Big contract or not, he's one of the best young players without baggage this franchise has seen in a very long time, and entering the midst of his prime.

Take a seat Manny.

AI
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
If the Dodgers took on A-Gon, Crawford & Beckett I would certainly pull the trigger on this deal. Give me Corey Seager, Zach Lee, Allen Webster and Chris Reed.

CAP SPACE, CAP SPACE AND MORE CAP SPACE.

Nomar
08-23-2012, 06:29 PM
If the Dodgers took on A-Gon, Crawford & Beckett I would certainly pull the trigger on this deal. Give me Corey Seager, Zach Lee, Allen Webster and Chris Reed.

I dont think they can trade seager until next season.

But yes, obviously if they ate Crawfords contract (i would be willing to take on at least some of Beckett's) and gave us those four prospects they would take that deal. I just really doubt that would happen.

JMP83
08-23-2012, 06:35 PM

They'd just use that Cap Space (that they got by trading off Big Star Names) to sign MORE Big Star Names. Do we really want them to get rid of payroll just to give it out again in huge free agent signings of Josh Hamilton and Zach Greinke? Let them take Beckett and Crawford if they want (they won't), but A-Gon is staying put.

LASportsFan1996
08-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Of course you would, that'd be a ****in terrible trade for us LOL

Nomar
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Of course you would, that'd be a ****in terrible trade for us LOL

Crawford would be good for you guys though, and Gonzalez obviously would be too. With CC, HanRam, Gonzo, AE, and Kemp, you guys would probably have the best lineup in baseball. Youd also have the biggest payroll of all time and no farm system though lmao.

BGeer091
08-23-2012, 07:53 PM
So you can only trade players on the waiver wire. Like say a team claimed AGon we could only get players on there waivers??

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Dodgers Could Pursue Adrian Gonzalez
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 23 at 3:01pm CST]
The Dodgers probably won’t trade for Adrian Gonzalez this month, but there’s a remote chance of a deal, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times writes. Gonzalez, who’s now on revocable waivers, drew trade interest from the Dodgers last month. However, Hernandez hears that the Dodgers don’t expect the Red Sox to make Gonzalez available.

If the sides do discuss a trade, they won’t have to worry about Gonzalez’s limited no-trade clause, He can’t block a move to the Dodgers, according to Hernandez. The point would be moot if an American League team or a National League team with a worse record than the Dodgers were to claim the first baseman.

Gonzalez will earn $21MM per season through 2016 and obtain a raise to $21.5MM for 2017-18. The total exceeds $130MM when accounting for the remainder of Gonzalez's 2012 salary. While this sum would deter most teams, the Dodgers have been willing to spend under their new ownership group.

"We are trying to add players. That doesn't mean we will be able to," chairman Mark Walter said, speaking in general terms.

The Dodgers claimed Cliff Lee on waivers earlier this month after trading for Shane Victorino, Hanley Ramirez, Joe Blanton and Brandon League. They’ve also shown aggressiveness on the international market, signing Yasel Puig.

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has heard that the Red Sox would only move Gonzalez in a transformative or franchise-changing move (Twitter link). A trade isn’t out of the question, but seems unlikely. Executives could see the Dodgers claiming Gonzalez, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter). Still, the Red Sox wouldn’t let him go for nothing.

Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times examines the possibility that the Dodgers could persuade the Red Sox to part with Gonzalez by taking on Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett as well. Beckett drew some interest from the Dodgers leading up to the non-waiver trade deadline, according to Hernandez. However, this scenario sounds extremely unlikely to me given the money involved and Crawford’s elbow injury (he was scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery today).
Link: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Take it for what it's worth. I'm not sure how realistic it would be for the Dodgers to take Crawford and Beckett. It's sort of intriguing. But I personally would dislike the decision by the front office for moving Adrian.

THINKBLUE15
08-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Crawford isn't even worth the money he's making if he played to the best of his ability.

Nomar
08-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Crawford isn't even worth the money he's making if he played to the best of his ability.

agreed