PDA

View Full Version : Rivers takes blame for Ray Allen wanting to leave Boston

spreadeagle
08-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Doc Rivers said that his decisions to remove Ray Allen from the starting lineup and give Rajon Rondo total freedom on offense and leadership were what helped lead Allen to leave Boston.

"People can use all the Rondo stuff and it was there, no doubt about that but it was me more than Rondo," said Rivers. "I'm the guy who gave Rondo the ball. I'm the guy who decided that Rondo needed to be more of the leader of the team. That doesn't mean guys liked that and Ray did not love that because Rondo now had the ball all the time.

"Think about everything [Allen] said when he left, 'I want to be more of a part of the offense.' Everything was back at Rondo. And I look at that, and say, 'That's not Rondo's fault.' That's what I wanted Rondo to do, and that's what Rondo should've done. Because that's Rondo's ability. He's the best passer in the league. He has the best feel in the league. He's not a great shooter, so he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. And that bothered Ray.

"And not starting [games] bothered Ray. I did examine it, and the conclusion I came back to was this: By doing the right things, we may have lost Ray. If I hadn't done that, I would've been a hypocrite. In the opening speech I make every year, I tell the team: 'Every decision I make is going to be what's good for the team, and it may not be what's good for the individual.' "

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--doc-rivers-takes-blame-for-ray-allen-leaving-celtics-for-heat-.html

Slug3
08-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I am sure that and it seemed like Miami just wanted Allen more.

SteBO
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Allen made his own decision. He was a FA. Doc Rivers shouldn't be blaming himself, if he's really doing that at all. He did his job, and statistically speaking, when Avery Bradley was inserted into the starting lineup, the Celtics were the best defensive team in the NBA. Doc made the right move there, and if that's really what made Ray leave, then so be it. It ended well for both Boston and Miami anyhow.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 03:21 PM
complete class act by Rivers, taking the blame over Rondo, who obviously did not see eye to eye with Allen.

JiffyMix88
08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
well i applaud doc for backing up rondo, but at the same time i think doc has it wrong it was better for rondo the individual but not the team so he was being hypocrite somewhat

YashBoone
08-01-2012, 03:24 PM
well i applaud doc for backing up rondo, but at the same time i think doc has it wrong it was better for rondo the individual but not the team so he was being hypocrite somewhat

I'm not sure about that. I mean, they made it to the ECF so I think the decision was good for the team, and not ray.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
So Rivers admits Rondo needs the ball, yet his fanboys say otherwise

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I think it worked out well for everyone.

Rivera
08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
this is why doc is one of the best coaches in the league :clap:

no doubt ray felt un-appreciated by celtics brass and he had his slight with rondo but im glad all this negativity about rondo is being deflected and the true stories are coming out.....i love ray ray but he just couldnt let go and let the younger better player take command of this offense so the celtics could flourish, just shows how great pierce and kg are. despite how often they may bang there head with rondo they realize whats best for the team was to let rondo take reigns of the offense so they could be a better team and still maximize the ability they have left in the tank

Rivera
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM

no one ever said rondo "doesnt need the ball". that statement doesnt even make sense from a basketball standpoint. keep baiting though chronz

Gritz
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Ray Allen is a buster, he didn't want to catch Rondo's fade

Avenged
08-01-2012, 03:34 PM
So it's his fault for letting Rondo run the offense? Lol Sorry but that was the right move. Ray isn't in his prime anymore. It's a business, and Doc is just being humble IMO but that was good coaching.

JiffyMix88
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure about that. I mean, they made it to the ECF so I think the decision was good for the team, and not ray.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320528014
not trying to be a dick but ray ray was back in the starting line-ups on their way back to the ECF.

What worked for the celtics in 2008 championship run was letting the playmakers who can score be the playmakers(pierce, kg and ray allen), what i mean is they have more options when they have the ball in their hands(scoring, or passing and required double teams) and just let rondo play d or pass it to pierce and let him be the facilitator, but people like numbers and they're trying to build around the future(rondo).

Utd7
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Doc did what he felt was right for the team rather than the individual and I don't blame him. That's what a coach is supposed to do. Ray Ray departing worked out well for us and Miami so opening night will be really exciting!

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Like doc rivers attitude.

thekmp211
08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
sounds about right. ray is replaceable at this point. rondo, not so much. sucks to see him go but i guess it ad to be that way. i think terry/lee is a net gain with a bench shooter and a good young defender.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 03:52 PM

no one ever said rondo "doesnt need the ball". that statement doesnt even make sense from a basketball standpoint. keep baiting though chronz
It sound ridiculous I know but it was said.

avengedchaos5
08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
and ray is supposed to be a true professional. well i think hes just got a big ego and rondo should run the offense he is the point guard. IN DOC WE TRUST

Rivera
08-01-2012, 03:55 PM

prove it.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM
and ray is supposed to be a true professional. well i think hes just got a big ego and rondo should run the offense he is the point guard. IN DOC WE TRUST

Pretty much what i would expect a celtics fan to say.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Both Boston and Miami are better than they were 6 months ago as a result of this move.

X12Celtics3
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM

...by who? Of course he needs the ball, all point guards do to be able to run the offense, especially considering Rondo's poor shooting. With the ball in his hands he is a threat to drive and/or find an open player to pass to, but when playing off the ball he is fairly worthless because the defense sags off of him so much.

Aust
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
complete class act by Rivers, taking the blame over Rondo, who obviously did not see eye to eye with Allen.

Yep, he's one hell of a Coach

Chronz
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
prove it.
You dont have to believe me guy, it happened in the thread about passing that I made last week. Hustle was arguing with Hawkeye/Bagwell about it.

...by who? Of course he needs the ball, all point guards do to be able to run the offense, especially considering Rondo's poor shooting. With the ball in his hands he is a threat to drive and/or find an open player to pass to, but when playing off the ball he is fairly worthless because the defense sags off of him so much.
Thats the point, Rondo isnt all that much without the rock. Some PG's can run the offense by spacing the floor, giving their offense a multifaceted attack.

Thats what Doc was hinting at. Though to be fair, he doesnt mention how limited Ray has become with the ball.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Doc is usually a classy guy, but these reeks of sour grapes.

Ray Allen's not on the Celtics anymore, let it go.

SteBO
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

:confused:

How is it sour grapes?

He115ing
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Much respect to Rivers for saying that.

Rivera
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
You dont have to believe me guy, it happened in the thread about passing that I made last week. Hustle was arguing with Hawkeye/Bagwell about it.

Thats the point, Rondo isnt all that much without the rock. Some PG's can run the offense by spacing the floor, giving their offense a multifaceted attack.

Thats what Doc was hinting at. Though to be fair, he doesnt mention how limited Ray has become with the ball.

cool so im gonna throw out baseless claims next time about what people said even though no one said it just to try to start somethin :clap:

Losoway
08-01-2012, 04:56 PM
once again rivers takes a bullet for the diva hondo

goshhhjosh
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM

How is it sour grapes?

x2. He was just taking blame for Ray leaving...it's not sour grapes in the least. He's being extremely classy with the whole situation.

Aust
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM

......What??

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM

How is it sour grapes?He's putting the blame squarely on Allen and opening him up to criticism.

He doesn't even acknowledge all the times the Celtics tried to trade Allen or how the Celtics went and filled out their entire roster before deciding to engage in serious talks about re-signing Allen.

Garnett gets a ridiculous contract offer to start the offseason after considering retirement, Ray Allen gets less than half of that after Danny Ainge went and filled out the roster.

That doesn't exactly scream "We want you back."

Whether he's right or wrong, he's usually a classy guy.

He should've dodged the question.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
cool so im gonna throw out baseless claims next time about what people said even though no one said it just to try to start somethin :clap:

You already did. It was your response to me where you gave no evidence on something you couldnt possibly know. I told you where it happened, so its not baseless.

SteBO
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
He's putting the blame squarely on Allen and opening him up to criticism.

He doesn't even acknowledge all the times the Celtics tried to trade Allen or how the Celtics went and filled out their entire roster before deciding to engage in serious talks about re-signing Allen.

Garnett gets a ridiculous contract offer to start the offseason after considering retirement, Ray Allen gets less than half of that after Danny Ainge went and filled out the roster.

Okay, I can see where you're going with that, but he was just being honest. He's gotta stick up for his players, and he will always be looked at as a class act for it; rightfully so. Ray Allen was open to criticism the minute he signed that contract w/ Miami, so Rivers saying what he said doesn't increase or decrease the level of it. The rift with Rondo and the bitterness over losing the starting job was well known way before Doc said anything.

Hustlenomics
08-01-2012, 05:10 PM

the offense runs through Rondo no **** he needs the ball to do that

xnick5757
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM

how is what garnett got for what he brings to the table a "ridiculous" contract?

X12Celtics3

...why should he acknowledge those? He kept saying in the interview that he does what he thinks is best for the team, not what is good for any individual player. Trying to trade old guys like Allen and Pierce (who was dangled in trades as well) to get young talent is improving the quality of the franchise moving forward. Once those trades fell through, the team went back to "win now" mode and signed the most important free agent (Garnett) to a big deal to stay competitive. After signing Garnett it was announced that Terry would be signing in Boston, but Doc claimed that his goal was to sign Allen as well. That's not "filling out the roster"; Doc wanted Terry and Ray, and he signed Terry first because Ray was busy considering his options and visiting Miami.

Evolution23

Yeah I agree and Ray Allen is looking really selfish now.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
the offense runs through Rondo no **** he needs the ball to do that
Close but Doc was saying the offense runs through Rondo because he needs the ball because he cant shoot.

He's not a great shooter, so he needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Meaning, they couldnt do what Ray Allen wanted because he felt it was best for the team to have the non-shooter monopolize the ball. In other words, Doc confirmed what Bagwell and I had been saying all year in that Rondo thread.

dynasty7961
08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
In the end i feel that it worked out for the best for us

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Okay, I can see where you're going with that, but he was just being honest. He's gotta stick up for his players, and he will always be looked at as a class act for it; rightfully so. Ray Allen was open to criticism the minute he signed that contract w/ Miami, so Rivers saying what he said doesn't increase or decrease the level of it. The rift with Rondo and the bitterness over losing the starting job was well known way before Doc said anything.

From his comments, he's making this seem like it only came down to Ray Allen being an ego-maniac that couldn't accept a lesser role off the bench and watching Rondo get the credit. Which is not the case because Ray wouldn't go to Miami to be 4th or 8th Fiddle to the Heat's core group of guys knowing that he will not start.

Ray Allen was open to criticism when he left. That doesn't mean Doc gets a free pass to talk ish and suggest that Ray was acting like a spoiled brat.

There's a right way to go about sticking up for your guys. Opening up another player to unfair criticism is not the right way to go about it.

sacto'srealist
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
welcome to mia

sacto'srealist
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
hes about to destroy them in the the playoffs.

--23--
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
So it's his fault for letting Rondo run the offense? Lol Sorry but that was the right move. Ray isn't in his prime anymore. It's a business, and Doc is just being humble IMO but that was good coaching.

+1

Doc nor Rondo should take the blame imo, they was doing what was best for the team. Ray just got a little bruised ego lol

Hustlenomics
08-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Close but Doc was saying the offense runs through Rondo because he needs the ball because he cant shoot.

Meaning, they couldnt do what Ray Allen wanted because he felt it was best for the team to have the non-shooter monopolize the ball. In other words, Doc confirmed what Bagwell and I had been saying all year in that Rondo thread.

Rondo is a very smart player and excellent passer and Doc knows the team plays better when the offense is ran through Rondo and he makes the right plays. Thats whats best for the team and If 37 year old Ray Allen has a problem with that who cares we played better when Avery started over him

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
how is what garnett got for what he brings to the table a "ridiculous" contract?Cs have him on the books for three years and $34 million when he's not getting younger, he doesn't put the Cs over the top, the Cs have yet to prove they can beat the Heat (all respect due to the Cs).

Giving him a 1yr deal would've been fine IMO and getting him for the min so the other $8-9mil can be used on another player that can grow with the team wold've really helped the Cs.

But having him on the books for three years and $10mil/yr without any assurance that you can beat the Heat instead of looking to rebuild around Rondo? Ridiculous.

balla4life22
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
From his comments, he's making this seem like it only came down to Ray Allen being an ego-maniac that couldn't accept a lesser role off the bench and watching Rondo get the credit. Which is not the case because Ray wouldn't go to Miami to be 4th or 8th Fiddle to the Heat's core group of guys knowing that he will not start.

Ray Allen was open to criticism when he left. That doesn't mean Doc gets a free pass to talk ish and suggest that Ray was acting like a spoiled brat.

There's a right way to go about sticking up for your guys. Opening up another player to unfair criticism is not the right way to go about it.

good point, but i think his intentions were on defending rondo, not take a shot at allen. rondo has received a lot of criticism for being a bad teammate, and now that it seems looks he's going to be the face of the franchise for now and the future, doc is trying to protect how boston fans view him. Doc is already a very likeable guy in boston, so if he takes the blame i don't think boston fans will be nearly as harsh on him as they would be on rondo for driving allen out of town.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 05:46 PM
+1

Doc nor Rondo should take the blame imo, they was doing what was best for the team. Ray just got a little bruised ego lolThis is exactly what the impression that Doc's comments left on people.

And people think that Doc took the blame.

These comments by Doc were made for tools so they'd hate on Ray Allen.

Heatcheck
08-01-2012, 05:47 PM

Thats what leaders do

--23--
08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Rondo is a very smart player and excellent passer and Doc knows the team plays better when the offense is ran through Rondo and he makes the right plays. Thats whats best for the team and If 37 year old Ray Allen has a problem with that who cares we played better when Avery started over him

I feel you Ray shouldn't of had a problem with that, he was injured and was not playing well when he was in the game.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Never denied any of that

SteBO
08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I feel you Ray shouldn't of had a problem with that, he was injured and was not playing well when he was in the game.
Hence why it was a good coaching move. Again, Boston statistically was the best defensive team in the league when Bradley was inserted in the starting lineup.

balla4life22
08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
This is exactly what the impression that Doc's comments left on people.

And people think that Doc took the blame.

These comments by Doc were made for tools so they'd hate on Ray Allen.

i don't think doc cares if anyone hates allen, he's just trying to protect rondo's image. the celtics are better without him now anyways

JasonJohnHorn
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
This is what I like about Rivers. He's straight forward and honest. The league needs more coaches and players like him.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
prove it.

Do you remember Chronz's passing thread? The 3 types? I said, Rondo is a pure facilitator, hustle, and a bunch of other Rondo fans chimed in saying he was a playmaker, facilitator, and distributor.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=744442

I mean, is there even a debate which one Rondo is? Like Rubio, when he doesn't have the ball in his hands, the defense could literally care less where he is. Yet his fanboys attempted to debate this obvious fact.

Hustlenomics
08-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Do you remember Chronz's passing thread? The 3 types? I said, Rondo is a pure facilitator, hustle, and a bunch of other Rondo fans chimed in saying he was a playmaker, facilitator, and distributor.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=744442

I mean, is there even a debate which one Rondo is? Like Rubio, when he doesn't have the ball in his hands, the defense could literally care less where he is. Yet his fanboys attempted to debate this obvious fact.

I never said that stop lying

Chronz
08-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I never said that stop lying

Your right, it was Donuts who said he could do all 3. But you did argue with Hawk when he said Rondo wasnt much of a threat without the ball. Something about every coach disagreeing. Yet here we are, with his own Coach saying what they were saying in that thread.

Vee-Rex
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM

Lol you really think Doc was implying that Ray was acting like a spoiled brat from that? Wow.

Somehow I get the feeling that if Ray Allen had joined another team you would not be in this thread. You might even be bashing Ray Allen. But no, the homerism is enough to make you act like Ray Allen is the victim in all of this, as hilarious as that is.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol you really think Doc was implying that Ray was acting like a spoiled brat from that? Wow.

Somehow I get the feeling that if Ray Allen had joined another team you would not be in this thread. You might even be bashing Ray Allen. But no, the homerism is enough to make you act like Ray Allen is the victim in all of this, as hilarious as that is.

He wouldn't, and yes, he probably would.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Somehow I get the feeling that if Ray Allen had joined another team you would not be in this thread. You might even be bashing Ray Allen. But no, the homerism is enough to make you act like Ray Allen is the victim in all of this, as hilarious as that is.Everyone who read those comments got the same impression. I won't even dignify the rest of your post with an answer.

bagwell368
08-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Wrong take. Doc is trying to deflect any blame that has come or will come at Rondo over Ray leaving. A good Manager will always take a non fatal bullet for his guys - in particular a very emotional, childish, and combustable player such as Rondo.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Wrong take. Doc is trying to deflect any blame that has come or will come at Rondo over Ray leaving. A good Manager will always take a non fatal bullet for his guys - in particular a very emotional, childish, and combustable player such as Rondo.If there was a "Run Rondo out of Boston" lynch mob, then I missed it. I don't think anyone in Boston would pick Ray Allen over Rondo, it was a non-issue from all the comments I've read on PSD and articles I've read about Ray Allen leaving.

If you can show me a huge movement to have Rondo traded out of Boston because he was to blame for Ray Allen's departure, I'd love to know more about it.

This isn't Shaq vs Kobe.

bagwell368
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Cs have him on the books for three years and $34 million when he's not getting younger, he doesn't put the Cs over the top, the Cs have yet to prove they can beat the Heat (all respect due to the Cs).

Giving him a 1yr deal would've been fine IMO and getting him for the min so the other $8-9mil can be used on another player that can grow with the team wold've really helped the Cs.

But having him on the books for three years and $10mil/yr without any assurance that you can beat the Heat instead of looking to rebuild around Rondo? Ridiculous.

KG is declining. He is also a unique player that the Celtics are unlikely to find in the draft or FA (certainly not this off season it was proven), or next year since the Celts are liable to win 50-56 games this coming year, and don't do at all well drawing high buck FA's to Boston.

BTW have you seen some of the money being handed to garbage players lately?

If I was the Celts I wouldn't plan to build around Rondo. He's not no offensive game outside of passing (and he's not driving the lane as much as he was in 2008-2010). With the two HOF'ers left in decline, what will happen when Rondo has to shoulder a lot more of the scoring load? Answer: they will lose a lot of games.

bagwell368
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
If there was a "Run Rondo out of Boston" lynch mob, then I missed it. I don't think anyone in Boston would pick Ray Allen over Rondo, it was a non-issue from all the comments I've read on PSD and RGM.

It's not a matter of Ray vs Rondo - as if anyone would see Ray as anything but a guy on his last legs.

It's a matter of the perception of Rondo as a troubled and troubling presence on the team. He's been on the block at least 3 times in the past several years. Had his college HC and pro HC comment on how uncoachable he is. Then his regular season periods of boredom have caught a lot of attention as well.

Do the Celts care about any of that? Damn right, not the perception, but Rondo's poor handling of criticism by the media, his teammates, and potentially the fans when the Celts record goes down the drain in '14 or '15.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
KG is declining. He is also a unique player that the Celtics are unlikely to find in the draft or FA (certainly not this off season it was proven), or next year since the Celts are liable to win 50-56 games this coming year, and don't do at all well drawing high buck FA's to Boston.

BTW have you seen some of the money being handed to garbage players lately?

If I was the Celts I wouldn't plan to build around Rondo. He's not no offensive game outside of passing (and he's not driving the lane as much as he was in 2008-2010). With the two HOF'ers left in decline, what will happen when Rondo has to shoulder a lot more of the scoring load? Answer: they will lose a lot of games.First of all, thanks for keeping calm and collective. There's a lot posters on this site that take shots at people who they disagree with. You're education and communication skills have not gone unnoticed.

KG is a good fit, no doubt. You probably have a valid point (so many hypotheticals to go over, though, not worth it).

For sure. Even though I'd rather have KG at age 36 than some other younger guys getting paid way more, I don't think it justifies another bad contract. Other than that, KG's contract is already going off the topic, so I'll stop.

Assuming Rondo's not traded, he looks like the guy that Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers want to build their ball club around. Maybe it's not best to rebuild around him, but that appears to be the direction the Celtics will be going in the future.

Wade>You
08-01-2012, 10:38 PM
It's not a matter of Ray vs Rondo - as if anyone would see Ray as anything but a guy on his last legs.

It's a matter of the perception of Rondo as a troubled and troubling presence on the team. He's been on the block at least 3 times in the past several years. Had his college HC and pro HC comment on how uncoachable he is. Then his regular season periods of boredom have caught a lot of attention as well.

Do the Celts care about any of that? Damn right, not the perception, but Rondo's poor handling of criticism by the media, his teammates, and potentially the fans when the Celts record goes down the drain in '14 or '15.I just haven't seen a big deal made out of it, at least with regards to Allen+Rondo. The NBA is full of so much gossip and drama in the twitter age, I'm sure every one would be talking about it every day for at least a week.

If it wasn't a big deal before, then Doc Rivers just helped make it a big deal by drawing attention to the issue after it had died down.

This is probably my last post regarding the topic. I think everyone said what they wanted to say by now.

KnicksTape
08-02-2012, 02:27 AM
If you actually play basketball at a high leve, you would want rondo on your team controlling the ball the way he does. Ray Allen got so many great looks bc of that.

naps
08-02-2012, 02:51 AM
no doubt ray felt un-appreciated by celtics brass and he had his slight with rondo but im glad all this negativity about rondo is being deflected and the true stories are coming out.....i love ray ray but he just couldnt let go and let the younger better player take command of this offense so the celtics could flourish, just shows how great pierce and kg are. despite how often they may bang there head with rondo they realize whats best for the team was to let rondo take reigns of the offense so they could be a better team and still maximize the ability they have left in the tank

Let's see how great they are when their starting job is given to a rookie or second year player who a good defender. Let's not make judgements without seeing both sides in similar practical situations life.

Ray is an ultimate team player and ultimate professional. It just wasn't Rondo taking the lead role on offense. Ray wouldn't get too crazy about it because he never lead the offense. It was Pierce's offense. So I am sure there's more to it.

YoungOne
08-02-2012, 03:00 AM
well rondo needs to run the offense with the ball, because nobody else on the celtics can. I love our coach.

DitchDat
08-02-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm already over Ray's departure. I love him in green and it was a nice run, but Terry+Lee are better fits IMO.

Davidgta1
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Ive always respected doc hate em but respect em.

X12Celtics3
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm already over Ray's departure. I love him in green and it was a nice run, but Terry+Lee are better fits IMO.

This. I was initially upset when he left, but as soon as Lee was acquired I was over it. The combination of Terry and Lee is better than Ray Allen, so his departure ultimately improved the Celtics lineup.

old blue
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Time to move on. Ray is a great p,Ayer, but need to get younger as a tem