PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bulls comng out ahead this offseason?

JasonJohnHorn
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Assuming that the tentative deal for McGrady goes through, have the Bulls upgraded their roster this offseason? The picked up Nate Robinson who is a great spark to come off the bench, and McGrady would be great to fill in at PG while D-Rose is out. Mohamed is not going to put up the kind of numbers that Asik did, but he comes at a bargain rate (and frankly, Asik hasn't shown enough to warrant the oulandish contract Houston offered him). And the loss of Krover doesn't seem to hard to swallow since they used him a lot less once they got Rip. I actually think the Bulls will put out a competative product on the floor this season and while I admit that they let some talent go, the talent they've managed to bring in is a template for how reasonable GM's should aim to build their teams (no rediculous contracts for players who haven't earned it).

I know there was a similar thread as this, but it was posted before the Robinson and McGrady signings. Feel free to merge it.

Thoughts?

GoPacers33
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Assuming that the tentative deal for McGrady goes through, have the Bulls upgraded their roster this offseason? The picked up Nate Robinson who is a great spark to come off the bench, and McGrady would be great to fill in at PG while D-Rose is out. Mohamed is not going to put up the kind of numbers that Asik did, but he comes at a bargain rate (and frankly, Asik hasn't shown enough to warrant the oulandish contract Houston offered him). And the loss of Krover doesn't seem to hard to swallow since they used him a lot less once they got Rip. I actually think the Bulls will put out a competative product on the floor this season and while I admit that they let some talent go, the talent they've managed to bring in is a template for how reasonable GM's should aim to build their teams (no rediculous contracts for players who haven't earned it).

I know there was a similar thread as this, but it was posted before the Robinson and McGrady signings. Feel free to merge it.

Thoughts?

Lol mcgrady won't play point

JasonJohnHorn
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Portland did the same thing with Pippen late in his career. It's not an outlandish thought. McGrady has always played like a PG at the SF position.

JiffyMix88
08-01-2012, 03:16 PM

and i'm not to positive but im pretty sure t-mac played pg for detroit a couple of games i could be wrong though, but kirk will most likely play pg along with robinson

keetyweedy
08-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Assuming that the tentative deal for McGrady goes through, have the Bulls upgraded their roster this offseason? The picked up Nate Robinson who is a great spark to come off the bench, and 1.McGrady would be great to fill in at PG while D-Rose is out. 2.Mohamed is not going to put up the kind of numbers that Asik did, but he comes at a bargain rate (and frankly, Asik hasn't shown enough to warrant the oulandish contract Houston offered him). And the loss of 3.Krover doesn't seem to hard to swallow since they used him a lot less once they got Rip. I actually think the Bulls will put out a competative product on the floor this season and while I admit that they let some talent go, the talent they've managed to bring in is a template for how reasonable GM's should aim to build their teams (no rediculous contracts for players who haven't earned it).

Thoughts?

1.Mcgrady wont play point
2.Asik avg 3ppg & 5rpg, shouldn't be that difficult for Mohammed to fill those shoes...he avg 3ppg last season by only having to play 11mpg
3.I think Rip is on the trading block

with that being said dont expect too much from the bulls this season....

Slug3
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
The biggest problem is that no matter who Chicago adds, it is still without Rose and that's the biggest blow till he is back playing.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-01-2012, 03:21 PM
:confused:

Their bench has been downgraded and Rose is out till March. How are they exactly coming out "ahead" this offseason?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I think their better off for the future as a result of this off season, they certainly wont be as good as last year though. I'm not sure what you mean by coming out ahead.

Sinestro
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Butler impressed with his D when he played so he should replace Brewer just fine, Kirk is a better playmaker than Watson, McGrady has played decent in limited minutes and is more than likely there in case Deng gets surgery. The true loss was Asik he was a great help defender and him and Taj were awesome. That said, with Rose this team is upgraded without Rose and assuming Deng is out a few months as well this team is meant to stay roughly around the 6-8 seed

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I think their better off for the future as a result of this off season, they certainly wont be as good as last year though. I'm not sure what you mean by coming out ahead.

well put

Chronz
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Thoughts?

Then why bring him in?

Punk
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
...Ahead of what? They took major steps back for the future. That's about it. Nate will get a good look and if he plays well, he will stay going forward and everyone else are simply stoop gap signings until Deng comes off the books and they amnesty Boozer.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Assuming that the tentative deal for McGrady goes through, have the Bulls upgraded their roster this offseason? The picked up Nate Robinson who is a great spark to come off the bench, and 1.McGrady would be great to fill in at PG while D-Rose is out. 2.Mohamed is not going to put up the kind of numbers that Asik did, but he comes at a bargain rate (and frankly, Asik hasn't shown enough to warrant the oulandish contract Houston offered him). And the loss of 3.Krover doesn't seem to hard to swallow since they used him a lot less once they got Rip. I actually think the Bulls will put out a competative product on the floor this season and while I admit that they let some talent go, the talent they've managed to bring in is a template for how reasonable GM's should aim to build their teams (no rediculous contracts for players who haven't earned it).

Thoughts?

2.Asik avg 3ppg & 5rpg, shouldn't be that difficult for Mohammed to fill those shoes...he avg 3ppg last season by only having to play 11mpg

1. Why not?
2. Depends on who you ask but some consider defense as part of production.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 03:30 PM
this guy serious?

CJ Watson was a top 10 defender, he was atleast 8 ppg 5 apg
You lost Brewer another top 10 defender for a guard
You lost Asik who was top 2 on the boards and defense for a C. Nazr can't guard the pick n' roll or screens like Asik did. Hopefully the guy you drafted can and Noah is 100% healthy.

The only improvement worth noting is Heinrich's veteran savy at the PG position off the bench. And Nate can shoot a bit.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Jeff Van Gundy said they wont make the playoffs.

SteBO
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
He also Miami would break the 72-10 record....The Bulls are without question a playoff team. I think they're good enough for at least #5 in the East. They'll be fine as long Thibs defensive system and principles hold up, and then hang on 'til D-Rose comes back at full strength.

SteBO
08-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Guys, these moves Chicago is making now are for future flexibility for better players to surround Rose. Remember, he's locked up for about another 4 years, so they have plenty of time to put themselves into title contention.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
He also Miami would break the 72-10 record....The Bulls are without question a playoff team. I think they're good enough for at least #5 in the East. They'll be fine as long Thibs defensive system and principles hold up, and then hang on 'til D-Rose comes back at full strength.

4-5 knicks bulls..im calling it now.

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Mcgrady isn't the same type of PG as Rose he wont drive and dish but he can definitely facilitate the offense when Rose is taking a breather.

Asik was the best defender in the league over the past 2 seasons in his limited minutes. Yeah not hard to replace at all.... :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Ive said it before, ill say it again..Bulls dont make the playoffs...they lost to Philly in a series they are going to have no pride and Luol wont want to take the team on his back. And Boozer is pathetic.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 03:43 PM

that would put the Nets at #3 and Pacers at #6. I think Pacers fight the Knicks hard for that #5 spot all year.

JiffyMix88
08-01-2012, 03:43 PM

i bet some people on the corner got their opinions too

JiffyMix88
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM

well feel sorry for the knicks then :D

Iron24th
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
When Rose will be back,assuming he'll be 100% healthy, chicago will be a real threat to miami.

Until then, they'll fight to be 4th seed at best.

Utd7
I'll tell you what, if they do manage to make the playoffs without Rose and they get him back healthy for the postseason, things could get really interesting.

Punk
that would put the Nets at #3 and Pacers at #6. I think Pacers fight the Knicks hard for that #5 spot all year.

Lol

You're a Nets fan. Man up and admit it.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Lol

You're getting on my nerves. You and other stupid posters that think they have the right to judge someone's fanship to their team just b/c they don't think their team is as good as others think. If you think the Knicks are a top 4 team, you're in for a rude awakening homie.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Dont see how

Hinrich
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

is a playoff team, you took a former MVP off the Cavs and they went from first to like worst, now this Bulls team will be the same.

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Dont see how

Hinrich
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

is a playoff team, you took a former MVP off the Cavs and they went from first to like worst, now this Bulls team will be the same.

LMAO the Cavs had NOTHING besides him. This Bulls team is still a border line playoff team without Rose. You're just mad the Mets will still suck while overpaying Joe Johnson handsomely as he laughs in his money pool.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Lol

So anyone that says Nets are better than Knicks are Nets fans? Stop looking at it like a hate thing towards the Nets and start embracing it. Nets are clearly better so if Knicks were the worst team in the league and Nets were the best and someone called Nets better they arent a Knick fan? His name has Knicks in it and he has been on this board longer than you..you came out just in time for Melo.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
LMAO the Cavs had NOTHING besides him. This Bulls team is still a border line playoff team without Rose. You're just mad the Mets will still suck while overpaying Joe Johnson handsomely as he laughs in his money pool.

The thing is im not mad at all this is the happiest ive been on a while..Nets are a title contender, just because I have an opinion it has nothing to do with the Nets.

keetyweedy
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
1. Why not?
2. Depends on who you ask but some consider defense as part of production.

1.Knee, Elbow, Back spasms...it would be difficult to keep up w/ the rest of the pg's in the league+ why would they sign hinrich & Nate if T-mac is running pg
2.Asik flourished under thibodeau system who's to say Nazr wont? he was decent under Popavich...shouldnt be that big of a difference

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
The thing is im not mad at all this is the happiest ive been on a while..Nets are a title contender, just because I have an opinion it has nothing to do with the Nets.

Lmao a title contender he says ... ok

You realized you signed Joe Johnson and not Dwayne Wade or Lebron James right?

CTCUBBIES
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
A lot of this depends on Jimmy Butler. If he improves as much as the FO is hoping for than he will be a superior player to Brewer - if not the bench is weaker.

Personally I'll take Hinrich and Belinelli over Watson and Korver. Nate is better than Lucas and Taj is still here. We downgraded defensively from Omer to Nazr but offensively Nazr is the better player. Obviously Radmonovich is better than Scal. Not sure where TMAC might fit or what if anything Teague will add anything this year.

Also - In closing out games a lineup of Hinrich, Butler, Deng, Taj and Noah might be the best defensive grouping in the NBA.

Overall though the chatter about the Bulls is crazy. You take the best player off of any team in the league and they are zero threat to win a title. Not sure why people seem to be holding the Bulls to higher standards without Rose.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Yes title contender

CTCUBBIES
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM

What title would that be?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Lol

I wouldnt say he is a Net fan, just pessimistic. It's not a horrible strategy. If the Nets are better than he can say that's what he expected, if the Knicks are better, its not like he's gonna be pissed, because apparently he's a Knick fan. I think he is being a little too pessimistic, and a lot of it has to do with Lin being gone. Personally, I think he is crazy for thinking the Nets will be better, but stranger things have happened.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Dont see how

Hinrich
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

This is the same guy who said Thibs isn't a top 5 or even top 10 coach and Scott Skiles is a better coach than him. Everything about the Bulls sucks to him except Rose but he didn't deserve the MVP.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM

this really isn't the thread for this. But Joe Johnson is the best all around SG in the east not named Ray Allen. He's top in many categories. Including defense.

alexander_37
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes title contender

For team who pays players too much to be mediocre and maybe make the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round?

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Why does every thread turn into the Nets?

This is about the Bulls, just because I post my opinion every thread it turns into war..you all must believe my opinion since it seems like there is always a mad reaction.

Just my opinion.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
this really isn't the thread for this. But Joe Johnson is the best all around SG in the east not named Ray Allen. He's top in many categories. Including defense.

What happened to Dwayne Wade?

monzternipz12
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Why are we trying to secure Tmac when Malcolm Thomas is avail!!! Tmac has no future whatsoever. I understand he would be 3rd string but have the bulls not seen Thomas play??? So much upside from Thomas. Boozer won't be staying after his contract, mind as well secure the future!

Bellz
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM

Ooo Domefavors my favorite knicks troll of all-time.....Title contender?REALLY lmao. There's only 4 or 5 teams who can a legit chance to a win a championship this year. So your saying nets are a top 5 team in the nba:facepalm:

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Malcolm Thomas dominated summer league players. Lets give him a max contract.

monzternipz12
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Malcolm Thomas dominated summer league players. Lets give him a max contract.

Tracy mcgrady dominated nba players..... 10 yrs ago!! Let's give him a contract!
Please make sense next time.

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes title contender

Title contender for the best basketball team in NYC?

KniCks4LiFe
I wouldnt say he is a Net fan, just pessimistic. It's not a horrible strategy. If the Nets are better than he can say that's what he expected, if the Knicks are better, its not like he's gonna be pissed, because apparently he's a Knick fan. I think he is being a little too pessimistic, and a lot of it has to do with Lin being gone. Personally, I think he is crazy for thinking the Nets will be better, but stranger things have happened.

I wouldn't say pessimistic, I'd say more like analytical. I'll agree w/ the shotblocking and perimeter wing D being upgraded on one spot. Kidd is still coming off his worst season as a PG, Ray Felton is still a mediocore PG. The Knicks have no post, majority of this offense will be a halfcourt iso to get Melo his touches. That goes w/ a Mike Woodson offense, he's never really used pick n' roll offense, out of his 4+ yrs. coaching I'd say the poorest position Woodson has ever coached is the PG position. He's good for D, a little overrated. I still say we're in trouble b/c there's an adjustment period we have to go through, other teams are simply more athletic and talented and have more games of playoff experience. Bulls and Thibs that's experience. Rondo/KG/Lee/Terry, Rivers, that's experience, Indy also is going to get better and they are younger...for me, we have too many questions, too many ifs, I don't remember many "if" teams that are 28 and up getting a top 4 spot in a conference.

justinnum1

for real lol

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Title contender for the best basketball team in NYC?

No I mean holding the larry o'brien trophy contender

KniCks4LiFe

Joe's just under him. I keep thinking Wade is a PG for some reason. So you have 2 best guards. How about best all around 2 guard not in Miami..better?

keetyweedy

maybe he meant the Atlantic division:shrug:

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't say pessimistic, I'd say more like analytical. I'll agree w/ the shotblocking and perimeter wing D being upgraded on one spot. Kidd is still coming off his worst season as a PG, Ray Felton is still a mediocore PG. The Knicks have no post, majority of this offense will be a halfcourt iso to get Melo his touches. That goes w/ a Mike Woodson offense, he's never really used pick n' roll offense, out of his 4+ yrs. coaching I'd say the poorest position Woodson has ever coached is the PG position. He's good for D, a little overrated. I still say we're in trouble b/c there's an adjustment period we have to go through, other teams are simply more athletic and talented and have more games of playoff experience. Bulls and Thibs that's experience. Rondo/KG/Lee/Terry, Rivers, that's experience, Indy also is going to get better and they are younger...for me, we have too many questions, too many ifs, I don't remember many "if" teams that are 28 and up getting a top 4 spot in a conference.

You're certainly entitled to your opion. I think your way off base, Amar'e will be a low post scoring option, and I still dont know if there is a team in the East that can defend him when he gets it going. I point to it a lot, but if Amar'e can play like he did in game 5 against Miami in the playoffs I dont see many teams in the East beating the Knicks. I just fail to see why you are so adamant that the Nets will be better. I dont understand why we cant be better than the Roseless Bulls, or Indiana after we beat them down pretty good when we played them. It just comes across as pessimistic. Knick fans are certainly allowed to be pessimistic given the past, but yours is excessive.

Bellz

:facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
maybe he meant the Atlantic division:shrug:

no I meant East. I forgot Wade. Honest mistake.

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 04:19 PM

:faint:

The Nets are definitely a better team than last year's team, but it remains to be seen if they can remain healthy for the entirety of the season.

keetyweedy
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
no I meant East. I forgot Wade. Honest mistake.

I'll take Montae over JJ too...so maybe 3rd

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Dont see how

Hinrich
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

I see this team being a top-5 team in the east, assuming Rose comes back healthy in the end of the season. It's a great defensive team, I liked their moves, they got more flexible, Belineli and Butler can be as good as Korver and Brewer were. They had to let Asik go, it would be really hard to match and pay him 15 million in the third year having one of the best backup big men in the league in Gibson. And with Robinson and Hinrich they can do very well without Rose, and one Rose comes back, they will compete for the title. They didn't get stronger, but they made the right moves

it's absolutely stupid to compare the cavs' team when LeBron left to this Chicago team

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Joe's just under him. I keep thinking Wade is a PG for some reason. So you have 2 best guards. How about best all around 2 guard not in Miami..better?

JJ is probably the 3rd best SG in east. But does that really take them from lottery to contender? Spare me saying Brook Lopez should be healthy he never is. The Knicks and Pacers will both have a better record than them. Depending on if Rose being effective when he comes back they probably will as well.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
You're certainly entitled to your opion. I think your way off base, Amar'e will be a low post scoring option, and I still dont know if there is a team in the East that can defend him when he gets it going.

When has Amar'e been a low post option? See that's an "if" a huge one.

I point to it a lot, but if Amar'e can play like he did in game 5 against Miami in the playoffs I dont see many teams in the East beating the Knicks. I just fail to see why you are so adamant that the Nets will be better.

Their bigs are better scorers. And in the head to head matchup have taken all the Knicks bigs to town. Specifically Lopez who has high scoring numbers vs Tyson and Camby.

I dont understand why we cant be better than the Roseless Bulls, or Indiana after we beat them down pretty good when we played them. It just comes across as pessimistic.

Because the Bulls have a standard. What we're trying to do, they do already. Knicks are trying to develop a defensive identity. The Bulls already are that. The Bulls have held the top seeds for a few yrs. now. Indy last season improved in the playoffs, they played a Miami Heat team and took them to Gm.6, they actually played Miami better than OKC did w/ no real superstar. Simply put how are those two teams all the sudden going to suck?

Knick fans are certainly allowed to be pessimistic given the past, but yours is excessive.

I just keep it realistic. I don't get why it is an insult to say we're a 5-8 seed. Maybe...maybe if there is another major injury we become a #4 seed. I just think those teams play better together. Something the Knicks don't really do unless their backs are against the wall.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll take Montae over JJ too...so maybe 3rd

But Montae isn't. I like him too, but he ain't a better SG than JJ.

JJ is probably the 3rd best SG in east. But does that really take them from lottery to contender?

No it's the fact of everybody else plus an improved bench. Defensively in the paint they will have issues, but yeh they are also deep offensively now.

Spare me saying Brook Lopez should be healthy he never is.

Actually he is. He had an iron man streak of 246 games w/o an injury prior to last season's foot injury.

The Knicks and Pacers will both have a better record than them. Depending on if Rose being effective when he comes back they probably will as well.

Doubt it. I'll give you the Bulls. Pacers and Knicks are a fight for #5 or lower.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
miami
boston
indy
knicks
bulls
nets
philly
washington

thats how i see the east shaping up

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
When has Amar'e been a low post option? See that's an "if" a huge one.

Their bigs are better scorers. And in the head to head matchup have taken all the Knicks bigs to town. Specifically Lopez who has high scoring numbers vs Tyson and Camby.

Because the Bulls have a standard. What we're trying to do, they do already. Knicks are trying to develop a defensive identity. The Bulls already are that. The Bulls have held the top seeds for a few yrs. now. Indy last season improved in the playoffs, they played a Miami Heat team and took them to Gm.6, they actually played Miami better than OKC did w/ no real superstar. Simply put how are those two teams all the sudden going to suck?

I just keep it realistic. I don't get why it is an insult to say we're a 5-8 seed. Maybe...maybe if there is another major injury we become a #4 seed. I just think those teams play better together. Something the Knicks don't really do unless their backs are against the wall.

I'm not saying its an insult, I'm saying its pessemistic. And like I've said, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how crazy I find it.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Knicks got the second seed. Boston will be gearing up for the playoffs, Chicago wont have Rose, Miami will be Miami, and I think everyone else is worse.

But I derailed this a bit, Bulls did fine this offseason. The offseason is a marathon and not a sprint. Not every move needs to be made in order to better the next 82 games. Bulls made these moves for the future.

Spencesc11
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
With Derrick Rose this is a solid team but not a title contender anymore with the advancements in the East.

Rankings even with Rose

1) Miami Heat - The Champs will be very tough to knock off next season as they attempt the back to back titles
2) Boston Celtics - They might not finish 2nd in the East Standings but if they
get on the opposite side of the bracket as the Heat they will most likely make the Conference Finals again. Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Garnett, and company are just to battle tested for everyone but the Heat.
3) New Jersey Nets - It will take some time to mesh but with Williams and Johnson in the backcourt and a solid front line of Wallace, Lopez, and Humpries they might be the new kings of New York City.
4) Indiana Pacers - great young team that gave the Heat all they could handle. If Roy Hibbert becomes dominant they could move up to #2.
5) Chicago Bulls - with Rose they are here, without him probably fight for the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs
6) New York Knicks - if Carmelo and Amare can figure out how to co-exist they could be scary but it just seems like a huge collaberation of mix-matched parts.
7) Philadelphia 76ers - great group of young versatile players. Lack of a go-to star leaves them struggling to score to much to be higher.
8) Washington Wizards - great young backcourt in Wall and Beal and the defense up front with Nene, Okafor, and Ariza could lead to a playoff berth this season!!!

Just outside looking in - Milwaukee Bucks. Jennings and Ellis are special but front court has serious inepticacies.

If the Bulls really want to make a run at the new East, they need to go get Dwight Howard. Rose and Howard play the positions the Heat are weakest at and would give Chicago the best chance to take down the defending champs. Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Boozer, and Noah are not going to win a title as a starting 5 period.

ChicagoRox
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM

I like JVG as an analyst but I think it's clearly obvious he is still butthurt from the Jordan years. Thibs is too good of a coach to not make the playoffs. If Rose is back an playing, the bulls are going to a dangerous 5-8 seed. I think Indy will take the central.

keetyweedy

how do you figure?? or is that just an opinion?

Monta- 20.4 ppg 6 apg 3.4 rpg
JJ- 18.8 ppg 3.9 apg 3.7 rpg

LongIslandIcedZ
miami
boston
indy
knicks
bulls
nets
philly
washington

This is how I expect it, however, I can see the Knicks finishing past the Pacers.

It's weird seeing Washington on there lol.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM

maybe right now he isn't, but he will be, and that may happen next season. I would really rather have Monta over JJ.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I like JVG as an analyst but I think it's clearly obvious he is still butthurt from the Jordan years. Thibs is too good of a coach to not make the playoffs. If Rose is back an playing, the bulls are going to a dangerous 5-8 seed. I think Indy will take the central.
JVG is butt hurt about the jordan days...

This is how I expect it, however, I can see the Knicks finishing past the Pacers.

It's weird seeing Washington on there lol.
Yea, washington should be a 8th-9th seed this season.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:48 PM
miami
boston
indy
knicks
bulls
nets
philly
washington

This.. Depending on if Indy doesn't have any injuries like they did this last year they will finish 3rd and how good the bulls new bench will mesh together. I would love to watch a Knicks vs Bulls matchup.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-01-2012, 04:53 PM
This.. Depending on if Indy doesn't have any injuries like they did this last year they will finish 3rd and how good the bulls new bench will mesh together. I would love to watch a Knicks vs Bulls matchup.

So would David Stern lol.

Linkels
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
So would David Stern lol.

lol nah David Stern would rather watch a Nets vs Knicks matchup.

Losoway
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
they should finish with less then 32 wins

top 4 lottery team

Losoway
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
The bulls are not making it to the playoffs. and if your bulls fan why do u want them in the playoffs ???

just get a great lottery pick someone u could match with rose and build towards the following season

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Thibs isnt even a good coach

Losoway
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Thibs isnt even a good coach

he is the reason derrick rose is gone for the season :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
08-01-2012, 05:10 PM
he is the reason derrick rose is gone for the season :facepalm:

Yeah im not sure what he was doing there, keeping an unhealthy rose in a playoff game that was over.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
1.Knee, Elbow, Back spasms...it would be difficult to keep up w/ the rest of the pg's in the league+ why would they sign hinrich & Nate if T-mac is running pg
Playing PG doesnt mean you defend PG's. It means hes running the point. Like when Tmac was in Detroit, he was often paired with Ben Gordon. Tmac ran the offense, and BG defended the smaller player.

2.Asik flourished under thibodeau system who's to say Nazr wont? he was decent under Popavich...shouldnt be that big of a difference

Nazr never flourished to this degree, and Thibs system is dependent on mobility and size. Something Asik has in spades.

justinnum1
08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
i dont care what anyone says. asik to nazr is a massive downgrade. belenli, hinrich, those are all lateral moves but asik to nazr is a big drop off. especially since boozer and noah are injury prone.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Im actually a fan of Nazr, if hes producing offensively hes a good reserve big. But defensively he will struggle

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not saying its an insult, I'm saying its pessemistic. And like I've said, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how crazy I find it.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Knicks got the second seed. Boston will be gearing up for the playoffs, Chicago wont have Rose, Miami will be Miami, and I think everyone else is worse.

But I derailed this a bit, Bulls did fine this offseason. The offseason is a marathon and not a sprint. Not every move needs to be made in order to better the next 82 games. Bulls made these moves for the future.

When's the last time the Knicks were a 6 seed? the last 2 seasons it's been the 8th seed, w/ Starbury it was the 8th seed. Do they have the talent yes, do the pieces work together? as of now, no. Chicago was a top 2 team w/o Rose. That's how good they were coached.That guy is still there. He's the only reason aside from Gibson/Deng/Noah why I say that team is still a #4 seed.

They regressed from a #2 seed imo to a #4. That's not unrealistic, they've been there before. They know what's coming. They are prepared for it b/c of their top notch coaching staff and depth at the frontcourt positions.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 05:31 PM
how do you figure?? or is that just an opinion?

Monta- 20.4 ppg 6 apg 3.4 rpg
JJ- 18.8 ppg 3.9 apg 3.7 rpg

Really? so I lets ignore that JJ shot a better shooting % w/ more games under the belt. Lets ignore JJ shot better from beyond the arc. Lets ignore he had a lower turnover rate, lets ignore JJ is a better offensive all around efficient shooter and per possession man than he is. Or how he's a better shooter at the charity stripe. Or a better defensive player?

maybe right now he isn't, but he will be, and that may happen next season. I would really rather have Monta over JJ.

Exactly. Unless the light bulb turns on, which still can happen, JJ is a better player than Monta.

KniCks4LiFe
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM

this is just 100% incorrect. Asik wasn't the product of Thib's system. Most of Asik's plays were natural and instinctive.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/film-session-omer-asik

The Rockets did their homework on him, just like they did w/ Gortat.

smiddy012
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
With Derrick Rose this is a solid team but not a title contender anymore with the advancements in the East.

Rankings even with Rose

1) Miami Heat - The Champs will be very tough to knock off next season as they attempt the back to back titles
2) Boston Celtics - They might not finish 2nd in the East Standings but if they
get on the opposite side of the bracket as the Heat they will most likely make the Conference Finals again. Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Garnett, and company are just to battle tested for everyone but the Heat.
3) New Jersey Nets - It will take some time to mesh but with Williams and Johnson in the backcourt and a solid front line of Wallace, Lopez, and Humpries they might be the new kings of New York City.
4) Indiana Pacers - great young team that gave the Heat all they could handle. If Roy Hibbert becomes dominant they could move up to #2.
5) Chicago Bulls - with Rose they are here, without him probably fight for the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs
6) New York Knicks - if Carmelo and Amare can figure out how to co-exist they could be scary but it just seems like a huge collaberation of mix-matched parts.
7) Philadelphia 76ers - great group of young versatile players. Lack of a go-to star leaves them struggling to score to much to be higher.
8) Washington Wizards - great young backcourt in Wall and Beal and the defense up front with Nene, Okafor, and Ariza could lead to a playoff berth this season!!!

Just outside looking in - Milwaukee Bucks. Jennings and Ellis are special but front court has serious inepticacies.

If the Bulls really want to make a run at the new East, they need to go get Dwight Howard. Rose and Howard play the positions the Heat are weakest at and would give Chicago the best chance to take down the defending champs. Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Boozer, and Noah are not going to win a title as a starting 5 period.

Did you just start following the NBA? Because last time I checked Rose was out damn near half of last season, and they still got the #1 seed. And the season before that, when he was healthy, they got the #1 seed. With a healthy Rose the Bulls would be no lower than #2 next season. The Bulls have been the only team anybody has considered capable of beating Miami in the East the past two seasons, that's because they've been the second best team in the East the past two seasons. The fact that you have Indy ahead of Chicago WITH a healthy Rose is extremely poor judgement on your part.

Also, I'm not sure you got the memo, but the chance of DH coming to Chicago is 0%. DH does not want to go to Chicago, and Chicago isn't going to trade part of their core for a 1 year rental in a season where their MVP is going to miss most of.

smiddy012
08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
this is just 100% incorrect. Asik wasn't the product of Thib's system. Most of Asik's plays were natural and instinctive.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/film-session-omer-asik

The Rockets did their homework on him, just like they did w/ Gortat.

Yes, Asik is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for a center, only players that are in his league are Noah and DH off the top of my head. Asik is very fast and quick for a big man, only guy who beats him in overall athletic package is DH. Great shotblocker, he's defenitely a top 3 defending and rebounding center in the league. I would only put Chandler ahead of him along with obviously DH.

I don't think the Bulls upgraded this offseason. We already had Butler, so it's not like he is an upgrade we acquired over the off-season. Brewer was capable of locking down DWade, he's a great defender. Watson was a very good defender and capable of going off every now and then. Plus he was injured last season and played through it, that definitely hurt his abilities. Not your prototypical PG though, I thought we should have used him more at the 2. And Korver well we all know he's a pretty consistent 3 shooter, but his defense grew tremendously under Thibbs. When he first got here teams were exploiting the hell out of Korver, by last season teams no longer did that at all. Korver went from a poor defender to a better than average defender his time as a Bull. If Boozer had made the strides Korver did on defense he'd be an allstar caliber player, lets just put it that way. And obviously Asik, who has plenty of long term potential. I see no one we signed who is anything more than an intermediate, very mediocre role-player besides Kirk. Watson, Brewer, Korver, & Asik were all very solid role-players. Watson was the only one who didn't fit the system extremely well.

Ezio
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Ahhh next season should be fun with Heat and Knick fans going at it with the Nets.

Bulls are gonna under a mini rebuild basically the next 2 years a wash with Miami the clear favorites out of the East and with Rose needing to rediscover his game so why overpay for a 11 mpg center?

KingPosey
08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Its not the ultimate good idea, but he played point for the Pistons, and some for the Hawks just last year.

kho1313
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM

JVG is a Bulls hater and also an IDIOT!:)

MrFastBreak
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Guys, these moves Chicago is making now are for future flexibility for better players to surround Rose. Remember, he's locked up for about another 4 years, so they have plenty of time to put themselves into title contention.

Been saying this since their loss of key defensive players. It could be for the best. Even if they do look worse, their short term plan for this coming season isnt looking too bad. With Mac and Nate holding down the guard position until DRose's return, they can surprise some people.

Asik did wonders for them defensively and yes, Nazr is a downgrade. But he can help them on offense. Though they look worse on the defensive end, they look to have improved on offense.

el hidalgo
08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
When's the last time the Knicks were a 6 seed? the last 2 seasons it's been the 8th seed, w/ Starbury it was the 8th seed. Do they have the talent yes, do the pieces work together? as of now, no. Chicago was a top 2 team w/o Rose. That's how good they were coached.That guy is still there. He's the only reason aside from Gibson/Deng/Noah why I say that team is still a #4 seed.

They regressed from a #2 seed imo to a #4. That's not unrealistic, they've been there before. They know what's coming. They are prepared for it b/c of their top notch coaching staff and depth at the frontcourt positions.

the girl in your sig is a ****ing butterface

meloman1592
08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
in the playoffs they looked sooooooooooooo bad w/o rose that i just cant see them being higher than a 7th seed. If Rose can at least come back mid season and be 80 % of himself, they'll be a tough out for boston, miami, ny or whoever is on the opposite end of their playoff matchup.

Ezio
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
in the playoffs they looked sooooooooooooo bad w/o rose that i just cant see them being higher than a 7th seed. If Rose can at least come back mid season and be 80 % of himself, they'll be a tough out for boston, miami, ny or whoever is on the opposite end of their playoff matchup.

Watson and Lucas can't create for others nor for themselves.

Lucas plays too much ISO behind the 3pt line and relies on screens to get pass his defender.
Watson just flat out sucks as a starting PG and can't play 1 on 1 D.

smith&wesson
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
with a healthy rose the bulls are contenders and right in the mix with the heat, lakers, thunder etc.

nicegoing
08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
McGrady and Robinson do not make the Bulls any better both are trash.

CubZwin38
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes title contender

If by title contender you mean not mathematically eliminated yet then yes. Their magic # is the same as any other team right now.

CubZwin38
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Watson and Lucas can't create for others nor for themselves.

Lucas plays too much ISO behind the 3pt line and relies on screens to get pass his defender.
Watson just flat out sucks as a starting PG and can't play 1 on 1 D.

You do know both of those guys are gone right?

mrblisterdundee
08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
The Bulls were not trying to come out ahead this offseason. They're obviously trying to tank and get prospects before Derrick Rose returns. If they had any intention of doing well, they would have got a fill-in point guard (not Kirk Hinrich).