PDA

View Full Version : Team Usa 2003

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
People forget how good this team was cause most of the best players didnt go in 2004. The 2003 team could of beaten the 2008 or 2012 team(in my opinion). They were really good, I wish I could get the full games somewhere.

tbone2171
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/mtoa_2003.html

Meh, nothing special if you ask me

GoPacers33
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/mtoa_2003.html

Meh, nothing special if you ask me

Ya that team is nothing special.

dhopisthename
08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I think 2008 would destroy that team

King41
08-01-2012, 12:28 PM
hmm some good guys but come on

Da Knicks
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
serious? That team would get demolished by the 2008 and 2012 team...

phi2134
08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Nothing special at all, just a lot of role players and just below superstart level guys.

PleaseBeNice
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I dont think so. And I also dont people forgot because that team was not worth remembering

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Some of you its pretty obvious have just started watching basketball within the last 5 years. That team is RIDICULOUS.

PRIME AI

PRIME JKIDD

PRIME DUNCAN

PRIME VC

PRIME TMAC

PRIME RAY ALLEN

PRIME BRAND

PRIME JO

THAT TEAM IS STACKKEEDDDD

At least 4 guys who've won an MVP or finished runner up in the voting in their prime and ton of 1st and 2nd team ALL NBA guys

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Mike Bibby, Nick Collison and Richard Jefferson on this team. Just saying.

Also, other than Brand, Duncan and Kidd, which one of these guys could play both ends of the floor again?

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
yea, you might be right but im pretty sure you get the full rosters(everyone from the nba back then) against everyone from the nba in 2008 and 2012 and the 2003 team wins by a HUGE margin.

shaq, kobe, kg, iverson, tmac, kidd, duncan, webber, carter, allen, ben wallace, and filler

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Some of you its pretty obvious have just started watching basketball within the last 5 years. That team is RIDICULOUS.

PRIME AI

PRIME JKIDD

PRIME DUNCAN

PRIME VC

PRIME TMAC

PRIME RAY ALLEN

PRIME BRAND

PRIME JO

yea you have 5 legit superstars right there(first five you named) and the rest were close to superstardom except brand

Fnom11
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
That team is awful. Pretty sure this is a joke thread.

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Mike Bibby, Nick Collison and Richard Jefferson on this team. Just saying.

Also, other than Brand, Duncan and Kidd, which one of these guys could play both ends of the floor again?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mike Bibby was a BEAST at the time. Easily a top-5 PG maybe top-3

and Richard Jefferson was basically on the team to do the same thing Iggy is doing now.

dhopisthename
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
yea, you might be right but im pretty sure you get the full rosters(everyone from the nba back then) against everyone from the nba in 2008 and 2012 and the 2003 team wins by a HUGE margin.

shaq, kobe, kg, iverson, tmac, kidd, duncan, webber, carter, allen, ben wallace, and filler

if shaq and kobe were on the 2003 team I would agree, but that link that was posted wasn't there

dhopisthename
08-01-2012, 12:56 PM

PRIME AI

PRIME JKIDD

PRIME DUNCAN

PRIME VC

PRIME TMAC

PRIME RAY ALLEN

PRIME BRAND

PRIME JO

At least 4 guys who've won an MVP or finished runner up in the voting in their prime and ton of 1st and 2nd team ALL NBA guys
the 2008 squad had a prime kobe, prime lebron, prime wade, prime bosh, prime chris paul, prime dwight howard, prime deron williams, and a prime melo.

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
the 2008 squad had a prime kobe, prime lebron, prime wade, prime bosh, prime chris paul, prime dwight howard, prime deron williams, and a prime melo.

How does that change the fact that the 2003 team was still ridiculous

PRIME JKIDD/PRIME AI/PRIME BIBBY>> CP3/Dwill/Old JKIDD

PRIME T-MAC/PRIME AI/PRIME VC/PRIME RAY ALLEN > Mike Redd/Kobe/Wade

PRIME T-MAC/R-Jeff<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Melo/LBJ

PRIME JO/PRIME KMART=Bosh/Boozer

PRIME DUNCAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard

Its very close to even

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mike Bibby was a BEAST at the time. Easily a top-5 PG maybe top-3

That's true, thank you for the facepalm reminders. I totally forgot that at the time, 02-03 era Mike Bibby made the all-star or all-nba teams, and was better than at least three of these guys: Nash, Cassell, Kidd, Payton, Marbury, year two Arenas, Steve Francis.

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 01:33 PM
PRIME T-MAC/PRIME AI/PRIME VC/PRIME RAY ALLEN > Mike Redd/Kobe/Wade

PRIME T-MAC/R-Jeff<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Melo/LBJ

Confused about the first one where you lumped guards and forwards together and didn't account for a thing called defense.

Also, Prime T-Mac raises the overall quality of Richard Jefferson that much that they are...counting... 24 times better than the overall combo of Melo and LBJ?

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Confused about the first one where you lumped guards and forwards together and didn't account for a thing called defense.

Also, Prime T-Mac raises the overall quality of Richard Jefferson that much that they are...counting... 24 times better than the overall combo of Melo and LBJ?

A-I and T-Mac play both positions.

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
That's true, thank you for the facepalm reminders. I totally forgot that at the time, 02-03 era Mike Bibby made the all-star or all-nba teams, and was better than at least three of these guys: Nash, Cassell, Kidd, Payton, Marbury, year two Arenas, Steve Francis.

dude really? Really? really? Cassell and Payton were washed up already, Arenas was a nobody at that point and Marbury was a perneial loser/stat stuffer. Bibby was a beast. The only guys clearly better than him were

Kidd
Nash
Franchis was arguably
Marbury was arguable

he was a MUCH better pure PG than both

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
A-I and T-Mac play both positions.
At the max, you have AI at PG and Redd at SF, and Kobe who is pretty much SG all the way. Just a confusing comparison is all, to compare PG to SG to SF in a group and say one group is better than the other.

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 01:50 PM
dude really? Really? really? Cassell and Payton were washed up already, Arenas was a nobody at that point and Marbury was a perneial loser/stat stuffer. Bibby was a beast. The only guys clearly better than him were

Kidd
Nash
Franchis was arguably
Marbury was arguable

http://bkref.com/tiny/eDgL8

Just threw in 40-year-old last year Stockton for your pure PG comment.

KingPosey
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I dont think that team is better at all, but they did have real big men.

KingPosey
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM

he was better than all those guys at that time, and maybe even Payton at that point. But only maybe.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I made a thread on this, the 03 team was easily our best squad in the 2k era.

Too many prime players at their best.

Duncan would be the best player on both squads and he just had his best season.

Kidd was at the top of his game. Etc...

Chronz
08-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Kidd
Nash
Franchis was arguably
Marbury was arguable

Its not just about talent but fit. Bibby was a killer sniper for us

Rocketsfan85
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Yea that wasn't supposed to be the team that went too Athens it was supposed to have

Kidd
Bibby
Kobe
T-Mac
J Oneal
Duncan
Garnett
Malone
Ray Allen
Carter
Iverson
Shaq

If I'm not mistaken but alot of ppl pulled out cuz of the terrorist attack and they didn't feel safe. But yea I always thought that team woulda killed if they went I think they coulda killed any of the Olympic teams

waveycrockett
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Bibby was a beast in his prime. Alot of people forget that because what he has become but he just flat out killed teams.

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
agree, rockets fan that terrorist attack really messed everything up. No doubt about it they would of won gold if we would of gotten the people that were supposed to come, but way too many was scared about it. That team is sick^ All of these players were basically in their prime around this time too. I agree with chronz also, it's the best olympic team in the 2k's despite people like jefferson and collison making the team. The only person that would really give that 2003 olympic team trouble is lebron and melo and duncan, iverson, and jermaine would give the 2008 and 2012 olympic team all kinds of hell.

Chronz
08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
The terrorist exuse was used in 04 wasnt it?

I think thats why Tmac dropped out. In 03 kobe had surgery and I think Shaq just never committed. RJ made it because of the chemistry he had with Kidd and kenyon

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Not questioning the fit of Bibby on the 2003 team, he was a tremendous piece of probably one of the all-time most cohesive and complementary teams of all time. I just wouldn't say he was this beast elite PG of that era. And yes, I've been watching longer than five years, and there are maybe only two teams I enjoyed watching more than the Webber Kings.

YashBoone
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Lmao.... Yeah ok..... That team couldn't beat The current Miami team. Let alone two separate Olympic teams.

YashBoone
08-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Not questioning the fit of Bibby on the 2003 team, he was a tremendous piece of probably one of the all-time most cohesive and complementary teams of all time. I just wouldn't say he was this beast elite PG of that era. And yes, I've been watching longer than five years, and there are maybe only two teams I enjoyed watching more than the Webber Kings.

Those kings teams were good.

Bibby
Cweb
Bobby Jackson
vlade divac
Peja
Hedo
Christie.....

PleaseBeNice
08-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Bibby
Cweb
Bobby Jackson
vlade divac
Peja
Hedo
Christie.....

:sad2:

Rentzias
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM

Bibby
Cweb
Bobby Jackson
vlade divac
Peja
Hedo
Christie.....
One of the few teams whose half court sets were as entertaining to watch as their fast breaks.

Losoway
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
the 2003 team had 4 superstars and rest was average at best

the best Usa team in my opinion is the 2008 team

2008 > dream team

Chronz
08-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Lmao.... Yeah ok..... That team couldn't beat The current Miami team. Let alone two separate Olympic teams.

wat?

BobbyHillSwag
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM

you are joking right? duncan would absolutely violate miami. I dont even need to mention anyone else because that is the only player that would matter. btw jermaine oneal was better than chris bosh.