PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #8 SF In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
07-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7) Luol Deng
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

SteBO
07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Danny Granger should win this one in a landslide.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Danny Granger should win this one in a landslide.

Hopefully and we can move on to the next one.

greg_ory_2005
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Definitely Maggette here.

Baller1
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Can't believe Granger fell behind Gay.

Toastyy
07-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Mike dunleavy

sixers247
07-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Easily Adam Morrison here. It's a joke you don't even have him as an option. Do some of you even watch the nba?????

xxplayerxx23
07-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Granger, Don't see a case for anybody else. I would like hear one. This should be gay I still can't believe he is at 6.

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Granger
Reke
Gallo/ Crash?

SteBO
07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Can't believe Granger fell behind Gay.
It still pisses me off....I mean, really? What has the guy shown to warrant jumping 2 spots from last year? Anyways, let's just hope Granger blows the rest of competition away on this poll, so we can move on to the next one. I can't wait for the PF polls.....

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
It still pisses me off....I mean, really? What has the guy shown to warrant jumping 2 spots from last year? Anyways, let's just hope Granger blows the rest of competition away on this poll, so we can move on to the next one. I can't wait for the PF polls.....

Danny Granger is overrated too though, IMO . Dude had 1 all star season in '09.
Don't get me wrong he's good but he's not amazingly better Rudy either.
Rudy's got better stats all the way across the board

LTBaByyy
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Next

SteBO
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Granger was terrible in the playoffs this year, and was inconsistent during the regular season, but he & Deng make much more of a impact on the defensive end. All I see from Rudy Gay is yet another volume scorer that doesn't make an impact on defense. At least Granger plays on both ends....but I'm using the eye test there.

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Granger was terrible in the playoffs this year, and was inconsistent during the regular season, but he & Deng make much more of a impact on the defensive end. All I see from Rudy Gay is yet another volume scorer that doesn't make an impact on defense. At least Granger plays on both ends....but I'm using the eye test there.

You call him a volume scorer yet he Had a better FG% than both Granger and Deng last season..

I agree that both Deng and Granger are more valuable on defense, but you can't count out the energy Rudy brings whenever he's on the court

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM

Rudy Gay has never even been and allstar

No need to lie man.

The eye test and the stats back you up.

Chavacano
07-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Should've been Deng, Granger then Gay. :pity:

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Rudy Gay has never even been and allstar

No need to lie man.

The eye test and the stats back you up.

Did I say he has been an all star? No.

Lie? Look at last years stats.

Rudy had more ppg rpg apg, and a better FG%. Just because you obviously hate rudy gay doesn't mean you have to be a douche about it.

Dade County
07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
I would like Shane Battier to be added to the list!!!!!! for the 2nd time.

GoPacers33
07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Granger should be 6 or 7

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Did I say he has been an all star? No.

Never said you did, I just don't see how that validates your argument that Granger is overrated because he's only had one all-star year when Gay himself has never been an all-star.

Lie? Look at last years stats.

Rudy had more ppg rpg apg, and a better FG%.

He only scores more ppg because he takes more shots and plays more minutes. While I admit he's a better rebounder it's not enough to sway anybody over to his side of the argument. FG% is misleading with a player like Danny Granger because he take's a ton of 3's which is why we see that he beats Gay out in TS%. He has noticeable separation in Ortg despite them having similiar usage rates and once you factor in defense this comparison looks even more stupid.

Just because you obviously hate rudy gay doesn't mean you have to be a douche about it.

Lol I love Rudy, I don't know what you're talking about. :facepalm: I'd do unspeakable things to get him on the Blazers.

CousinsEvansDUO
08-01-2012, 12:55 AM
The fact the Tyreke only has 2 votes proves how ignorant PSD has gotten lately, nobody looks at true facts and only votes based on their opinion..Tyrekes at least a top 20 player and he didn't get in the top 10 in pg, sg, and now not even making it in the sf section too? This is ridiculous.

Dade County
08-01-2012, 01:09 AM
The fact the Tyreke only has 2 votes proves how ignorant PSD has gotten lately, nobody looks at true facts and only votes based on their opinion..Tyrekes at least a top 20 player and he didn't get in the top 10 in pg, sg, and now not even making it in the sf section too? This is ridiculous.

Maybe your words would hold more wait, if you wasn't a Kings fan :shrug:

A what can you do, Kobe was picked before Wade:facepalm: in the sg poll

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 01:11 AM

:worthy:

LOVE42
08-01-2012, 01:23 AM
8: Granger
9: Gallinari
10: Wallace

The_Jamal
08-01-2012, 02:30 AM
8: Granger
9: Gallinari
10: Wallace

^^^

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Never said you did, I just don't see how that validates your argument that Granger is overrated because he's only had one all-star year when Gay himself has never been an all-star.

He only scores more ppg because he takes more shots and plays more minutes. While I admit he's a better rebounder it's not enough to sway anybody over to his side of the argument. FG% is misleading with a player like Danny Granger because he take's a ton of 3's which is why we see that he beats Gay out in TS%. He has noticeable separation in Ortg despite them having similiar usage rates and once you factor in defense this comparison looks even more stupid.

Lol I love Rudy, I don't know what you're talking about. :facepalm: I'd do unspeakable things to get him on the Blazers.

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 02:50 AM

So what you're saying is that because Danny Granger take more bad shots that unfairly skews the FG% by 4.5% ? That's an awful lot of missed 3's..
Rudy Gay is the best player on Memphis and in my opinion a main reason they are so dangerous , so the fact that everyone is tripping out because he's #6 frankly makes no sense.
His energy and ability to create easy points for himself and his teammates in transition is greatly undervalued IMO

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Maybe your words would hold more wait, if you wasn't a Kings fan :shrug:

A what can you do, Kobe was picked before Wade:facepalm: in the sg poll

Maybe your words would hold more "wait", if you wasn't a Heat fan :shrug:

Dade County
08-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Maybe your words would hold more "wait", if you wasn't a Heat fan :shrug:

"Maybe" :shrug:

and D wade is one of the greatest... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtODuWnnOc&feature=related

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 03:22 AM
So what you're saying is that because Danny Granger take more bad shots that unfairly skews the FG% by 4.5% ? That's an awful lot of missed 3's..

No I'm saying there are better metrics available for evaluating the efficiency rate that a player scores at. If making buckets mean more to you than scoring points then that's your prerogative.

Rudy Gay is the best player on Memphis and in my opinion a main reason they are so dangerous , so the fact that everyone is tripping out because he's #6 frankly makes no sense.

No he isn't, maybe when Zbo isn't healthy but even then Marc has an argument. I find it funny how you say he makes them so dangerous when his presence on this years playoff run ultimately ended earlier than last year when the offense ran more through Zbo and Marc.

His energy and ability to create easy points for himself and his teammates in transition is greatly undervalued IMO

The floor spacing, leadership, and defensive focus that DG brings trumps all of that imo.

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 04:38 AM
"Maybe" :shrug:

and D wade is one of the greatest... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtODuWnnOc&feature=related

Oh hey , highlights !

My Turn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsaL_BDAeqA

Conversation Over.

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 04:46 AM
No I'm saying there are better metrics available for evaluating the efficiency rate that a player scores at. If making buckets mean more to you than scoring points then that's your prerogative.

No he isn't, maybe when Zbo isn't healthy but even then Marc has an argument. I find it funny how you say he makes them so dangerous when his presence on this years playoff run ultimately ended earlier than last year when the offense ran more through Zbo and Marc.

The floor spacing, leadership, and defensive focus that DG brings trumps all of that imo.

Rudy gay is better than Marc Gasol.

Obviously your opinion isn't popular or most of the people on PSD wouldn't have picked Rudy at 6, but I guess they're all wrong cause you say so :rolleyes:
I never even said that I preferred Rudy, I was making a case for why he is reasonable at 6. It's just funny when people act disgusted that Rudy was chosen at 6 when there isn't much seperating Deng and Granger from him.

knicksfan42
08-01-2012, 07:57 AM

Don't worry he'll go 10th here.

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Rudy gay is better than Marc Gasol.

Obviously your opinion isn't popular or most of the people on PSD wouldn't have picked Rudy at 6, but I guess they're all wrong cause you say so :rolleyes:
I never even said that I preferred Rudy, I was making a case for why he is reasonable at 6. It's just funny when people act disgusted that Rudy was chosen at 6 when there isn't much seperating Deng and Granger from him.

This just proves that he's overrated, if you go back to the #6 SF thread, hardly if anyone provided a legitimate case as to why Gay should go over clearly superior players.

NBA-GMaster
08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
8. Granger
9. Batum
10. Gallinari

Swashcuff
08-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Danny Granger without a doubt. He should have gone after Iggy he's hands down better than Rudy Gay in almost every facet of the game.

Swashcuff
08-01-2012, 12:21 PM

That's plain wrong and anyone who knows stats knows that

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 01:12 PM
This just proves that he's overrated, if you go back to the #6 SF thread, hardly if anyone provided a legitimate case as to why Gay should go over clearly superior players.

That doesn't prove he's overrated. It proves you think he's overrated. If you average more PPG, RPG, APG, and higher FG% than Someone and you're Ranked higher than them, that's not that surprising. In no way is Granger blatantly superior to Gay.

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
That's plain wrong and anyone who knows stats knows that

Again,
Points per game : Gay
Assists per game: Gay
Rebounds per game: Gay
Field Goal Percentage: Gay

Do some research

SteBO
08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Again,
Points per game : Gay
Assists per game: Gay
Rebounds per game: Gay
Field Goal Percentage: Gay

Do some research
Per game averages do not tell the entire story though :shrug:

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM

That doesn't prove he's overrated. It proves you think he's overrated. If you average more PPG, RPG, APG, and higher FG% than Someone and you're Ranked higher than them, that's not that surprising. In no way is Granger blatantly superior to Gay.

Way to ignore all the other relevant points of my post.