PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Growth

Sactown
07-31-2012, 06:39 PM
With Anthony Davis being elected to play for the Olympic team, how do you think this will affect his growth? Consider the fact that he is joining a young team where he wouldn't otherwise get this kind of insight into the work ethic required to maintain stardom. Please explain your reasoning

king4day
07-31-2012, 06:41 PM
I think it'll be good for him. The experience of playing with mature players and the pressure of playing for your country. It's not a long experience but it'll help him become a leader in the future.

Wade>You
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Significantly, will be the difference from being a consistent starter vs a franchise cornerstone.

And the first to vote !

Sactown
07-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I think it'll be good for him. The experience of playing with mature players and the pressure of playing for your country. It's not a long experience but it'll help him become a leader in the future.

I agree, it's not often a player of his age gets the luxury to see the kind of work ethic and dedication it takes to really shine in the league.

JWO35
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Probably the same effect if had on Christian Laettner...

Punk
07-31-2012, 07:01 PM
It will have a significant impact. He just came out of Kentucky winning a national championship to the Olympics and possibly winning a gold medal before he steps on the floor as an NBA player.

That is amazing. Quite honestly, it will fuel him into being a winner. You leave college to the NBA and play on a bad team but leaving college to play with Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Durant, Paul, Westbrook, Love, etc and learning from Coach K, D'antoni, McMillian, Jim Bo and all of these great coaches and playing against NBA caliber talent and grown men will make him better.

He'll have the most experience on the Hornets team coming in as a rookie. Usually all players who are on the USA squad end up having a great season, I expect ROY easily for Davis.

Vinny642
07-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I think it affects him big time, playing with the superstars of the NBA, shadowing them, practicing with them, and he seems to have their respect and they have praised him, so that must be good too.

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
It will help for sure

SteBO
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Without question this will help him. Not many rookies in the league have had the benefit of practicing w/ some of the best players in league, and learning how to be a professional athlete in the NBA. He's in a great spot here, and knowing that he's earned their respect already at such a young age is telling.

Wade>You
07-31-2012, 10:10 PM
If every good player has played on Team USA, then every player on Team USA will be good. Self-fulfilling prophecy. There are very few exceptions.

Besides that, the experience gained from playing against the best in the world in practice surely helps mold them into a better player.

KnicksorBust
07-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Even LeBron admitted during his first Olympics that he had no idea how hard Kobe truly worked and it motivated him. Now Davis knows what it will take.

Becks2307
07-31-2012, 11:59 PM
This is probably going to have a HUGE impact on his career...HUGE....to get this before even playing in the league...WOW...seriously think about how lucky he is as well, he just happened to be drafted in the same year as the olympics not to mention that Blake got injured as well, its like it was written in the stars lol

Hotone1401
08-01-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm surprised. nobody has used KD as an example of such success. If you recall, Durant also played with Team USA in 08' during the exhibition games, and while he didn't travel with the team to the Olympics, he certainly got a glimpse at what it means to be a true professional. I think Davis will gain even more having been with the team throughout the Olympics.

NoahH
08-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Significantly, will be the difference from being a consistent starter vs a franchise cornerstone.

And the first to vote !

That's a little drastic

b@llhog24
08-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Slight growth.