PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards signed

NateyB24
07-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Braylon Edwards is going to sign a. 1 year deal with Seattle.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/230335208556220416

Low risk high reward type signing i like it.

NateyB24
07-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Now it's offical.

NateyB24
07-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Now it's offical.

ccg34
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
More competition! Im going to predict we go like this: 1. Rice 2. Tate 3. Baldwin 4. Lockette 5. Obomanu 6. Butler. Im thinking Lockette beats out Durham, and Butler beats out Bryant and Edwards.

Vinny642
07-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Sure why not?

drew_ellis_23
07-31-2012, 08:29 PM
More competition! Im going to predict we go like this: 1. Rice 2. Tate 3. Baldwin 4. Lockette 5. Obomanu 6. Butler. Im thinking Lockette beats out Durham, and Butler beats out Bryant and Edwards.

I bet Edwards is number 2. Guy is signing a 1 year deal to show he isnt done. I think he will be very motivated and have a great year.

furmat60
07-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I bet Edwards is number 2. Guy is signing a 1 year deal to show he isnt done. I think he will be very motivated and have a great year.

If anything, he'll command attention and free up a little space for Tate and Baldwin.

Nothing wrong with signing some competition!

House
07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
We'll see what comes of it. Interesting signing considering they just mentioned how well Tate looked yesterday

jetsforever
08-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I said this last year with the Niners. I'll say it this year with the Seahawks... but with an exception.

If he's healthy, you will love him. Great player, great heart. Cares about winning and isn't a diva like he's portrayed.

House
08-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I said this last year with the Niners. I'll say it this year with the Seahawks... but with an exception.

If he's healthy, you will love him. Great player, great heart. Cares about winning and isn't a diva like he's portrayed.

We appreciate the heads up. Hopefully the "Healthy" Edwards shows up...

FWBrodie
08-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Guess who has the 49ers playbook in their locker room now.

Baller1
08-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Love this. But as usual with our receivers, he needs to stay healthy and motivated.

DownSouth49er
08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
http://pftrashtalk.com/quick-hits-delusional-seahawks-fans

dswift
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
49ers playbook Lmao Spill the beans u dumb son of a B**ch.

Baller1
08-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Why are you posting a small blurb that you wrote? Irrelevant.

furmat60
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Haha, funny. I left some arguments. Watching this guy flip-flop is pretty funny.

FWBrodie
08-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Top 5? Naw son. Try #1, NFL.

Nica
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I can catch better with my feet than this guy.
Made the mistake of having him as my flex guy in a couple of pools. Gets open- drops ball and POOOFFFF- turns into Kaiser Soze and he's gone !!

crzyhawk
08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
It's not like the 9ers won't come back down to earth this year either.

Seattle4Ever
08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm not comfortable with Butler and Obomanu both taking up a spot on the roster. I think Obo needs to go. His contract is too much for his performance at WR, although he's versatile.

NateyB24
08-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I can catch better with my feet than this guy.
Made the mistake of having him as my flex guy in a couple of pools. Gets open- drops ball and POOOFFFF- turns into Kaiser Soze and he's gone !!

He was injured as a 49er

Haha, funny. I left some arguments. Watching this guy flip-flop is pretty funny.

Nice dude it was funny how he hesitated when you presented him with facts :laugh:

ztilzer31
08-02-2012, 04:32 PM

This is stupid. Waste of time. Not one intellectual fact in the entire post. Just a bunch of crap spewing out of a homers mouth. Ignore it.

The fact of the matter is 49ers fans know that Alex Smith is not a QB that can be a consistent success in the NFL. They also know their defense won't get the T/O margin they did last year. The 49ers fans are scared... And they should be.

House
08-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm not comfortable with Butler and Obomanu both taking up a spot on the roster. I think Obo needs to go. His contract is too much for his performance at WR, although he's versatile.

I personally like Butler, but if there are better options, he can go.

Obomanu drops way too many passes. Braylon Edwards and Antonio Bryant made him expendable. We'll trade him for a 6th or 7th rd pick

NateyB24
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't see Obomanu getting cut he can play special teams as well as playing WR and i prefer him over Antonio Bryant who has been out of the League for 2 seasons and has bad knees.

If any of the WR are in jeopardy it may be Butler he really has no position besides being a backup to Baldwin in the slot i don't think you want to split him out with his height could be a Punt Returner but we have to many of those types.

House
08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't see Obomanu getting cut he can play special teams as well as playing WR and i prefer him over Antonio Bryant who has been out of the League for 2 seasons and has bad knees.

If any of the WR are in jeopardy it may be Butler he really has no position besides being a backup to Baldwin in the slot i don't think you want to split him out with his height could be a Punt Returner but we have to many of those types.

Butler is slated to make $800K this season and Obomanu will make $3.2M. I highly doubt we keep a guy that makes that much to be a ST guy.

Butler also runs better routes, has better hands and speed all over Obomanu. IMO, they both could be gone.

FWBrodie
08-03-2012, 01:15 AM
I think the Edwards signing hurts Obo. He just really seems obsolete at this point to me. Pete Carroll likes players to have some kind of elite trait about them. Obo is just so meh. If he had amazing hands or something it would be different, but not being horrible in every category isn't good enough of a makeup to warrant a roster spot with guys who give the team a tool/advantage somehow.
Butler: speed
Tuinei: size, hands
Bryant: experience, etc.
Bates: size, athleticism, power

NateyB24
08-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Butler is slated to make $800K this season and Obomanu will make $3.2M. I highly doubt we keep a guy that makes that much to be a ST guy.

Butler also runs better routes, has better hands and speed all over Obomanu. IMO, they both could be gone.

Money sure but we don't know if Butler runs better routes or better yet if he is still fast he had a major leg injury which kept him out all of last season.

I think the Edwards signing hurts Obo. He just really seems obsolete at this point to me. Pete Carroll likes players to have some kind of elite trait about them. Obo is just so meh. If he had amazing hands or something it would be different, but not being horrible in every category isn't good enough of a makeup to warrant a roster spot with guys who give the team a tool/advantage somehow.
Butler: speed
Tuinei: size, hands
Bryant: experience, etc.
Bates: size, athleticism, power

I could be wrong and Obomanu could be gone but i think Pete cares more about the height then the speed just by judging the type of receivers he is bringing in not to say he totally disregards speed though because who wouldn't want a 6'0+ guy who can run.

Seattle4Ever
08-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Natey correct me if I'm wrong but Butler returned last season from his injury, and looked pretty good. That is, if my memory serves me correct.

Anyways, now that I know Butler is so cheap and Obo is making $3.2M, he has to go. Like Brodie said, besides playing special teams, what can he do? Butler is actually a pretty damn good slot player. He's speedy, and he's a pretty sure thing to catch the ball. I'm not sure if he'll make the roster, but I'm definitely not rooting against him. It's going to be tough for every WR on the roster besides Rice, Tate, and Baldwin to get a spot.

It's nice to have so much depth at WR. What a great problem to have.

House
08-03-2012, 09:06 AM
When Butler got hurt in '10, he was our#2 most productive WR. He had more Fda than BMW and played less games.

When he returned last year, his speed was almost back to where it was a.d he did run the cleanest routes on the team. Yes, he's perfect for the slot. He can also play out and spread the field. He's very similar size-wise to DeSean Jackson and he is a BETTER WR. They're 40-times are almost identical as well.

FWBrodie
08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Remember Carrolls first camp Butler was the big story.

NateyB24
08-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Natey correct me if I'm wrong but Butler returned last season from his injury, and looked pretty good. That is, if my memory serves me correct.

Anyways, now that I know Butler is so cheap and Obo is making $3.2M, he has to go. Like Brodie said, besides playing special teams, what can he do? Butler is actually a pretty damn good slot player. He's speedy, and he's a pretty sure thing to catch the ball. I'm not sure if he'll make the roster, but I'm definitely not rooting against him. It's going to be tough for every WR on the roster besides Rice, Tate, and Baldwin to get a spot.

It's nice to have so much depth at WR. What a great problem to have.

Nope he didn't play a single game last season i googled it to make sure.

Really haven't heard much about either one though Tate is getting some attention which is good maybe the Braylon Edwards signing will push him.

shen
08-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Butler played last season. He had 6 receptions for 51 yards.

shen
08-03-2012, 01:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12557/deon-butler

shen
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
He played in last 4 games of the season.

NateyB24
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Butler played last season. He had 6 receptions for 51 yards.

He did lol my bad i was looking for 2012 for some reason.

shen
08-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I figured as much.

Seattle4Ever
08-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah I thought so.

FWBrodie
08-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Man, Braylon could turn out to be a HUGE signing. He's got legit #1 upside. Played with a torn meniscus last year.

Seattle4Ever
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I do like both this signing and the Bryant signing, but he is notorious for dropping passes (more so in the beginning of his career), but these vids reallllly scare me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJq1hdPk74Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2DCS1PnwU

FWBrodie
08-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah, he loses focus sometimes, but man he also makes some freak catches. He was flat out dominant in college.

Seattle4Ever
08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
You're right. You have me a little more excited about signing him now.

Cannot wait for preseason. Oh man. Less than one week.