PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Warriors: Darkhorse of 2012-2013 NBA season

LTBaByyy
07-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Steph Curry, Andrew Bogut, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, David Lee, Jarrett Jack, Festus Ezeli, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Richard Jefferson, Draymond Green, Charles Jenkins

IF (Thats a big IF) they are all healthy, that is a damn good line up

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 11:14 PM
health will be a big issue, between bogut and curry

NoahH
07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Like I predicted three months ago. HEAT vs. WARRIORS finals :hide:

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Could be good but Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches in the History of the NBA

NoahH
07-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Could be good but Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches in the History of the NBA

That's a gross exaggeration

Punk
07-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches in the NBA...Yet, he's only coached for 1 season for a tanking team. #DatDoMeFavorsLogic

Anyhow, GSW have a really nice team. They are basically Denver 2.0. They are a playoff team on paper as long as Curry/Bogut stay healthy.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 11:29 PM
That's a gross exaggeration

Its the truth the guy was a good player but cant coach, he is more of a player than coach. He tried to coach last year like he was one of the boys no setting an example or teaching the players right from wrong. The guy gave handshakes to his players before the games. Guy is a joke ..GO BACK TO ESPN

Public Enemy #1
07-30-2012, 11:37 PM
As a fan, you can be nothing but optimistic. Injuries always plague the Dubs... If Curry and Bogut can stay healthy the Warriors should be in the playoff race.

3ballbomber
07-30-2012, 11:40 PM
sarcasm i believe

AndyfromNeptune
07-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Its the truth the guy was a good player but cant coach, he is more of a player than coach. He tried to coach last year like he was one of the boys no setting an example or teaching the players right from wrong. The guy gave handshakes to his players before the games. Guy is a joke ..GO BACK TO ESPN

I'll let what you have to say pass because you're from New Jersey, but cmon really? He's a bad coach because he gives handshakes to his players before the games?

Jackson was one of the best pure point guards of my generation. He knows the game well and is a great players coach.

Monta is beast
07-30-2012, 11:52 PM
I think we have a brighter future than Denver, because we have guys who can become stars.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Jackson knows how to get his players to play hard, and that's a great quality to have. He doesn't know the X's & O's just yet, but we have the best assistant in the game for that.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Phoenix Suns say hello.

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
if they play the mavs. they will send them fishing in the playoffs

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Phoenix Suns say hello.

Can't tell if serious.. :eyebrow:

mdm692
07-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Can't tell if serious.. :eyebrow:

Care to argue your point.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
The Suns are no where near the Warriors level (if healthy). I honestly believe we can fight with Memphis for that 5th seed.

1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Spurs
4) Clippers
5) Grizzlies/Warriors/Mavericks
6) Grizzlies/Warriors/Mavericks
7) Grizzlies/Warriors/Mavericks
8) Nuggets/Trail-Blazers/Jazz

STL Don
07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
GS looks good, I'm jumping on the Harrison Barnes bandwagon very early.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Care to argue your point.

They lost Nash & Hill, they gained Dragic & Beasley. They got worse. Not to mention Gortat will be allot worse this season.

TheBatchelor213
07-31-2012, 12:27 AM
When the coach is in the strip club more then the players and dealing with harrassing strippers.....yeah......youve definitely got a problem.

daWarriorz21
07-31-2012, 12:33 AM

NICE! I hope it happens!:clap:

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:34 AM
lmao ^^^^^^

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:35 AM
marc jackson in the strip club right now

meloman1592
07-31-2012, 12:36 AM

PSD needs to make a a new smiley face. A facepalm simply isn't enough to reply to you with. Your posts are beyond ********....the guy coached one year for Gods sake

mdm692
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM
They lost Nash & Hill, they gained Dragic & Beasley. They got worse. Not to mention Gortat will be allot worse this season.

Very deep and thorough explanation there.

We actually lost Nash, Hill, Lopez, Warrick, and Childress.

We acquired Dragic, Beasley, Scola, Wes Johnson, Kendall Marshall(rookie) and a pending FA signing of a C due to the fact that Frye will not be ready to start the season after shoulder surgery. We got younger, faster and better offensively. But it's good to see people underrating us that way we can shock the NBA world. This team is better than last years team by the way.

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:44 AM

i wish this site let you add player face smileys

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: he is better then avery johnson

tredigs
07-31-2012, 12:45 AM
When the coach is in the strip club more then the players and dealing with harrassing strippers.....yeah......youve definitely got a problem.

That all went down more than half a decade ago - the guy just tried to extort him this year.

I don't think the Warriors are a darkhorse, but I do have high hopes for them. I could absolutely see a mid to low-seed playoff birth and the potential for noise if/when they get there.

Klay Thompson will be a breakout player and the skies the limit for Steph if he can stay on the court. Not as worried about the injury factor for Bogut as most, but Curry is always a concern right now. Either way, they now have arguably the best backup point in the game - it takes a ton of pressure off him.

IIISSKiLL
07-31-2012, 12:46 AM
with his all star being traded to the bucks, curry being hurt and not playing for a lot of games, and andrew getting there and not playing a single game and you say hes a horrible coach ? why ? cause he had a hrrible roster ? i don't get it

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 01:10 AM

We acquired Dragic, Beasley, Scola, Wes Johnson, Kendall Marshall(rookie) and a pending FA signing of a C due to the fact that Frye will not be ready to start the season after shoulder surgery. We got younger, faster and better offensively. But it's good to see people underrating us that way we can shock the NBA world. This team is better than last years team by the way.

Lol when the **** did the get Wes?

Mcdoh
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
good line up

mdm692
07-31-2012, 01:17 AM

Few days ago. Traded Hakim warrick and Lopez to NOH for Brad Miller and Dyson. Both players will be waived. Then traded a 2nd round pick to MIN for Wes Johnson and 1st round pick. Wes Johnson has been a bust so far but he could be successful in the Suns style of play. Plus he is a very good defender.

GSRaider
07-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Ownership has done a great job this offseason (and before the offseason)... Health is the number one concern... If they stay healthy, they can make the playoffs and maybe get into the second round... They're a couple years and a couple of players short of making a serious run and impact.

It's surely an exciting time to be a Warrior fan.

kswissdaf
07-31-2012, 01:18 AM
at best there an 8th seed

Run&Gun
07-31-2012, 01:21 AM

Wolves traded him for salary cap relief 3 team trade with NO and Suns. I think the Suns are better but how much better....remains to be seen I don't think the they're any better than the Houston Rockets were last year I think at best fight for 7th put more likely lottery this year. Just don't see a whole lot of continuity or an identity to the team, just a bunch of random players reasonably talented players put together.

I think that the Wolves and GSW could be the most improved teams compared to last year, should be fun to watch this year.

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 01:22 AM

Few days ago. Traded Hakim warrick and Lopez to NOH for Brad Miller and Dyson. Both players will be waived. Then traded a 2nd round pick to MIN for Wes Johnson and 1st round pick. Wes Johnson has been a bust so far but he could be successful in the Suns style of play. Plus he is a very good defender.

Thanks. I agree with you from a potential aspect that he can be an impact player. But Wes isn't a good defender.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks. I agree with you from a potential aspect that he can be an impact player. But Wes isn't a good defender.

It's a matter of opinion most "analysis" from the local media claim that that is one of his strong points. I think overall the Suns are being underrated but there is a lot of chemistry from the players even though a lot of new faces have been thrown here. The most important part to our success is Goran Dragic. He put 18ppg and 9apg as a starter in HOU last year. If he can replicate for an entire season we can be a good team. He already has chemistry with Dudley, Gortat and Frye from when he played in PHX. He also has chemistry with Scola from his HOU days. Beasley has chemistry with Telfair and Wes. Potential is there as well as for the GSW. The fan in me just has to stand up for PHX.

Ironman5219
07-31-2012, 01:35 AM
When has "paper" teams meant anything. I'll believe it when I see it on the court. The warriors have a culture of losing, to many injury prone players, and its a long 82 game season. Most of this team hasn't played with each other so chemistry is an issue. In a loaded west I just don't see them in the post season....

GSWFanInLA
07-31-2012, 01:41 AM
We've always had a strong starting line up.

But now we have the 2nd/3rd best defensive anchor in Bogut.. and depth.

And our depth and energy is what killed the killed the mavs in 07'

8kobe24
07-31-2012, 01:54 AM
If they stay healthy, they will make the playoffs and give fits to the team they play in the first round.

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 02:08 AM

Still not good enough for the playoffs, not yet.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Still not good enough for the playoffs, not yet.

Well that's your opinion but a lot of people have us as #8th seed.

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Let's not get carried away, GS won't be winning a playoff series, but they'll be okay.

Lakers
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Memphis
Dallas

Are definitely all better than GS at this point, but who knows?
Perhaps they'll prove me wrong, I like this squad

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Well that's your opinion but a lot of people have us as #8th seed.

All of those teams I listed are definitely better than phoenix.

8th will be a toss up between Minnesota, Phoenix, Golden State. ( Rockets?)
Personally I'm leaning towards the TWolves but we'll see

EDIT: changed my mind, rockets aren't going to be anywhere near the playoffs

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 02:13 AM

It's a matter of opinion most "analysis" from the local media claim that that is one of his strong points. I think overall the Suns are being underrated but there is a lot of chemistry from the players even though a lot of new faces have been thrown here. The most important part to our success is Goran Dragic. He put 18ppg and 9apg as a starter in HOU last year. If he can replicate for an entire season we can be a good team. He already has chemistry with Dudley, Gortat and Frye from when he played in PHX. He also has chemistry with Scola from his HOU days. Beasley has chemistry with Telfair and Wes. Potential is there as well as for the GSW. The fan in me just has to stand up for PHX.

He has all the tools to but everytime i saw him play he gets torched. He's a willing defender however and effort is half the battle I think he'll put it together eventually. As for PHX i would have preferred them to rebuild but he they had managed to snatch EJ from the hornets then i probably wouldn't be complaining so much. Here's to Harden in 013. :cheers:

Aust
07-31-2012, 02:18 AM
eh... Let's just see if they can make the playoffs first :eyebrow:

mdm692
07-31-2012, 02:19 AM
He has all the tools to but everytime i saw him play he gets torched. He's a willing defender however and effort is half the battle I think he'll put it together eventually. As for PHX i would have preferred them to rebuild but he they had managed to snatch EJ from the hornets then i probably wouldn't be complaining so much. Here's to Harden in 013. :cheers:

:pray:. I hope it happens. I wish we would just do a S&T now to secure him.

DeyAce
07-31-2012, 02:24 AM
They can't play d though

asandhu23
07-31-2012, 02:29 AM
They can't play d though

That's because we had 5 starting players incapable of playing defense last year. That's Ellis, Curry, Lee, Biedrins and Dorell Wright.

Klay, Curry and Lee are still defensive liabilities. Bogut should help a lot in the middle. Harrison Barnes is average on D.

STL Don
07-31-2012, 02:30 AM
eh... Let's just see if they can make the playoffs first :eyebrow:

If they can manage to stay healthy, I don't see why not.
I know it's tough in the West but if a lot could go right, and their luck can change a little bit, great things can happen with that roster..

Stephen Curry/Jarrett Jack (probably the best backup in the league at pg)
Klay Thompson/Charles Jenkins/Kent Bazemore
Harrison Barnes/Richard Jefferson/Draymond Green
David Lee/Jeremy Tyler
Andrew Bogut/Andris Biedrins/Festus Ezeli

Curry is one of the better pg's in the league
Thompson put together a very strong rookie season and Barnes has a chance to do the same. Very good backups encase of an injury.
Bogut should shine playing next to a nice complimentary p.forward in Lee. All he needs to do is stay healthy and this team will win games.

Aust
07-31-2012, 02:35 AM
They certainly have talent on their roster, but they'll need some players to step up as well as their HC.

takeshi
07-31-2012, 03:06 AM
I think we have a brighter future than Denver, because we have guys who can become stars.

oh how about Gallo, Lawson, Afflalo, McGee, Faried, W.Chandler & Mr. French?

Iron24th
07-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Health and chemistry issues could kill them once again this season.

COOLbeans
07-31-2012, 03:29 AM
If they can manage to stay healthy, I don't see why not.
I know it's tough in the West but if a lot could go right, and their luck can change a little bit, great things can happen with that roster..

Klay Thompson/Charles Jenkins/Kent Bazemore
Harrison Barnes/Richard Jefferson/Draymond Green
David Lee/Jeremy Tyler
Andrew Bogut/Andris Biedrins/Festus Ezeli

Curry is one of the better pg's in the league
Thompson put together a very strong rookie season and Barnes has a chance to do the same. Very good backups encase of an injury.
Bogut should shine playing next to a nice complimentary p.forward in Lee. All he needs to do is stay healthy and this team will win games.

Don't forget that the warriors also have Landry at backup PF. And Biedrins should get no run.

Ty_Lawson
07-31-2012, 03:51 AM

Are you f'ing kidding me??
You have players that can become stars but we don't??
You have alwaysinjuredCurry and you think he can be better than Ty with those injuries??Even without them it would be hard for him to surpass Ty now when he is Star on our team and he was best player in LA series last season.
You have Barnes,Klay that CAN become stars and one more alwaysinjuredstar Bogut...Lee can't become star,he is not a rookie any more!!
And we have Kenneth,Gallo,Chandler,AAA,McGee,JHam,Fournier they can all become stars...JHAm would play startin SF in your team if he was there last year..and he was 11th player in our rotation!!And one more thing...this is first season for you guys to play together and we are together 1 season already(some players even more than one season)...and don't forget that we were 2nd until injuries started...so believe me you can't be better than Denver...not this season...you will need one more lottery pick to be even close(or if you draft new LeBron you could be better)...and you put Denver at 8th place in west??write this down:"WE WILL BE IN TOP 5 IN WEST CONF.!"

Kurple
07-31-2012, 10:45 AM

who? Curry?

he's the same tier as Lawson

Denver have one thing GSW lack, experience. + better players

Kurple
07-31-2012, 10:51 AM

Andre Miller says hello

ellisgw
07-31-2012, 11:12 AM
im a huge warriors fan but i hate it that we built a team to be 5 -8 seed with no other options to improve. The whole point is to build championship team, not a solid playoff team leaving you no assets to get better.

Rockice_8
07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
i wish this site let you add player face smileys

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: he is better then avery johnson

Well you were right to face palm him and them you wrote a line that is facepalm worthy in itself. Marc Jackson isn't better then Avery Johnson. Avery's won 60 games, has been to the finals (took the soft Mavs who could never get out of the first round), has a coach of the year award, is the fastest coach to 50, 100, and 150 wins, must I keep going. Not that Avery is great or anything (he took over a good Mavs team) but a guy after his first year coaching that went to the lottery has alot to prove.

Back on topic:

I like GS but way to much health concerns to call them anything but a low seed and first round exit at best.

canzano55
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Andre Miller says helloJose Calderon says hello as well.

futureman
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Unitl they start tanking again in january. These guys put up good numbers all on losing teams. You expect a bunch of those guys to combine and make a winner? No way.

futureman
07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
The warriors will always look for that better player in next years draft. That is the philosophy they live by and that's why they won't win.

InRoseWeTrust
07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think they're a darkhorse in a sense that they'll compete for a title, but I think they've assembled a nice offensive roster. We need to see if they can all play D before we make any judgments.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't think they're a darkhorse in a sense that they'll compete for a title, but I think they've assembled a nice offensive roster. We need to see if they can all play D before we make any judgments.

I agree, there is no way were title contenders next season, but in two or three years we have a good shot to be. And I don't think defense will be an issue. We have Jack, Rush, Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli, Biedrins, and even Thompson who are all good or great defenders. I think we can compete for the 5th seed fighting with Memphis. I think we knocked the Jazz out of the playoffs though.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 03:16 PM
The warriors will always look for that better player in next years draft. That is the philosophy they live by and that's why they won't win.

Really? Cause our new owners seem pretty focused on putting a good team out there bud.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
oh how about Gallo, Lawson, Afflalo, McGee, Faried, W.Chandler & Mr. French?

I'm not trying to call the Nuggets out. I agree that Gaillinari & Lawson have allot of potential, I don't think McGee will ever be a great player, he just doesn't have it in my opinion. But we have Curry (star potential), Thompson (star potential), Barnes (could be a star). And don't forget that were moving to S.F in a new world class arena soon and that will attract free agents.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't think they will be a top 20 defensive team, so they have a small window that can only be reached with great health. Something that has not blessed Bogut or Curry at all over the past couple seasons. I think the west is still too deep, and with the improvement of Minnesota, and with Utah improved, and the OKC/LAL/Clippers/Grizzlies/Spurs locks, there are only 3 spots left, and you have to figure Dallas and Denver grab two of them. Utah and Minnesota should be better then GS.

I would like to see how Curry reacts to having the lions share of ball handling duties with Ellis gone. Landry is a nice signing, but they still lack depth up front if one of their bigs gets hurt.

On paper, if healthy, they can make a run at the last playoff spot, but I think there are a couple teams stronger, and just flat out better defensively.

imagesrdecievin
07-31-2012, 03:41 PM
So much depends on Bogut staying healthy. If he can - I see playoffs and a 1st round exit(not enough experience to put a scare into any top teams in the west).

If he goes down with an injury then the Warriors are high lottery team imo.

takeshi
07-31-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm not trying to call the Nuggets out. I agree that Gaillinari & Lawson have allot of potential, I don't think McGee will ever be a great player, he just doesn't have it in my opinion. But we have Curry (star potential), Thompson (star potential), Barnes (could be a star). And don't forget that were moving to S.F in a new world class arena soon and that will attract free agents.

Get it, you are talking something about 2017. :clap:

MintBerryCrunch
07-31-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree, there is no way were title contenders next season, but in two or three years we have a good shot to be. And I don't think defense will be an issue. We have Jack, Rush, Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli, Biedrins, and even Thompson who are all good or great defenders. I think we can compete for the 5th seed fighting with Memphis. I think we knocked the Jazz out of the playoffs though.

No, the Warriors are not going to be a title contender in " two to three years"

And you're delirious or you just have homer goggles on if you think GSW can even get near 5th seed.

Edit: Also, i'm pretty sure everyone agrees Utah is nowhere near a playoff team.

49GiantWarriors
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
There is no point in tanking next season because of the Jazz trade. If we tank we must be like the 3rd or 5th worst team to be able to keep our pick. So our mind set should have to be playoffs forsure.

takeshi
07-31-2012, 10:15 PM
There is no point in tanking next season because of the Jazz trade. If we tank we must be like the 3rd or 5th worst team to be able to keep our pick. So our mind set should have to be playoffs forsure.

This is also the warriors's mind set last year(s).

Sly Guy
07-31-2012, 10:35 PM
I see improvement if healthy, but I don't see a playoff team.

nicegoing
07-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Might be like 6th seed at best even if all healthy.

Monta is beast
07-31-2012, 11:06 PM
I just don't see a weakness with our team

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Landry-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

If someone would care to explain a weakness of that roster right there I would love to hear it. All I've heard is that "there the Warriors, they'll find a way". Well guess what we got a new owner & a new G.M, and they haven't made a bad move since they've started. Like I said please give me a weakness of that roster.

NBAFan2012
07-31-2012, 11:24 PM
I dont know what funnier the Warriors being a "darkhorse" or the Wolves being talked about as potentially making the playoffs.

BKLYNpigeon
07-31-2012, 11:31 PM

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Landry-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

If someone would care to explain a weakness of that roster right there I would love to hear it. All I've heard is that "there the Warriors, they'll find a way". Well guess what we got a new owner & a new G.M, and they haven't made a bad move since they've started. Like I said please give me a weakness of that roster.

the weakness is Curry's ankle. lol.

SugeKnight
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't think they will be a top 20 defensive team, so they have a small window that can only be reached with great health. Something that has not blessed Bogut or Curry at all over the past couple seasons. I think the west is still too deep, and with the improvement of Minnesota, and with Utah improved, and the OKC/LAL/Clippers/Grizzlies/Spurs locks, there are only 3 spots left, and you have to figure Dallas and Denver grab two of them. Utah and Minnesota should be better then GS.

I would like to see how Curry reacts to having the lions share of ball handling duties with Ellis gone. Landry is a nice signing, but they still lack depth up front if one of their bigs gets hurt.

On paper, if healthy, they can make a run at the last playoff spot, but I think there are a couple teams stronger, and just flat out better defensively.

They play the games for a reason. No team is a lock. Anything can happen. Etc..

Lloyd Christmas
08-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Maybe I'm being a homer but I think Bogut, who Hollinger said is a top 5 defender in the NBA, will make a bigger defensive impact then people think. At least I hope so.

kenzo400
08-01-2012, 12:29 AM
You have alwaysinjuredCurry and you think he can be better than Ty with those injuries??Even without them it would be hard for him to surpass Ty now when he is Star on our team and he was best player in LA series last season.
You have Barnes,Klay that CAN become stars and one more alwaysinjuredstar Bogut...Lee can't become star,he is not a rookie any more!!
And we have Kenneth,Gallo,Chandler,AAA,McGee,JHam,Fournier they can all become stars...JHAm would play startin SF in your team if he was there last year..and he was 11th player in our rotation!!And one more thing...this is first season for you guys to play together and we are together 1 season already(some players even more than one season)...and don't forget that we were 2nd until injuries started...so believe me you can't be better than Denver...not this season...you will need one more lottery pick to be even close(or if you draft new LeBron you could be better)...and you put Denver at 8th place in west??write this down:"WE WILL BE IN TOP 5 IN WEST CONF.!"

I think we both know that none of those players can become stars. Ty Lawson is the only one who has potential to be. But Kenneth Farreed a star? Lol, come on man.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 12:41 AM

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Landry-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

uh... defense? Curry can't play D. Lee can't play D. Thompson can't play D. Barnes is a rookie. Just having a bench full of D players isn't going to help. Bogut can play D but he is going to have his hands full.

Oldmantrash
08-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Lots a ifs

If Curry and Bogut stay healthy
If Thompson develops
If Barnes is good
If Jackson can coach

If all the ifs turn out ok, then they will be solid.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 12:54 AM
They play the games for a reason. No team is a lock. Anything can happen. Etc..

Of course they do. But that is why we call these predictions. We assume all rosters will deal equally with injuries, etc. But in reality, that doesn't happen. Good luck predicting which ones.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Maybe I'm being a homer but I think Bogut, who Hollinger said is a top 5 defender in the NBA, will make a bigger defensive impact then people think. At least I hope so.

Skiles had his players turning dribble penetration away from the lane, so Bogut never had a perimeter player coming at him 100 mph all night. He will in Golden State. He doesn't have the perimeter players to keep guys out of the lane, so we will see how good he really is, paint protection wise, because I think he is going to have his hands full.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
uh... defense? Curry can't play D. Lee can't play D. Thompson can't play D. Barnes is a rookie. Just having a bench full of D players isn't going to help. Bogut can play D but he is going to have his hands full.

Thompson can't play defense? He got beat on back door cuts, but other than that he was a pretty solid defender. You can expect him to get better over the off-season. Lee played good defense once Jefferson ripped him during a game. And I know Curry can't play defense, but you have Jack backing him up who is a great defender. Not only do we have Bogut, but we also have Ezeli & Biedrins who are good defenders and can block shots.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Lots a ifs

If Curry and Bogut stay healthy
If Thompson develops
If Barnes is good
If Jackson can coach

If all the ifs turn out ok, then they will be solid.

Thompson took the summer league by storm, so he's already shown he has developed. Barnes is going to be a catch & shoot player this season, most likely, and that's all we need him to be.

BKLYNpigeon
08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
The Warriors will be good and definitely a playoff team. Warriors are young its going to take them awhile to figure it all out.

No one on the Warriors starting line up has any playoff experience. Bogut doesnt count because he was sitting on the bench injured.

Warriors should be the #7th Seed in the West.

WickedBadMan
08-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Bogut is due for a torn scrotum sadly.

Monta is beast
The Warriors will be good and definitely a playoff team. Warriors are young its going to take them awhile to figure it all out.

No one on the Warriors starting line up has any playoff experience. Bogut doesnt count because he was sitting on the bench injured.

Yeah I mean I don't think anyone thinks we'll be competing for a championship this season, but in 2-4 years, I think it's possible.

BKLYNpigeon
in no particular order..

1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. Mavericks
7. Nuggets
8.?

are better then the Warriors.

Monta is beast
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
in no particular order..

1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. Mavericks
7. Nuggets
8.?

are better then the Warriors.

How do you say "in no particular order", then numerically order them? And I would say we are better than the Mavericks & Nuggets.

BKLYNpigeon
08-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah I mean I don't think anyone thinks we'll be competing for a championship this season, but in 2-4 years, I think it's possible.

it took Mark Cuban 10 years to pull off an NBA Championship. that guy was aggressive as fu-ck. its going to take awhile and a superstar or two away.

BKLYNpigeon
08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
How do you say "in no particular order", then numerically order them? And I would say we are better than the Mavericks & Nuggets.

No Way! they would beat the Warriors easily in a 7 game series.

The Warriors lack experience, And this is essentially a new team. its going to take awhile for them to all gel.

takeshi
08-01-2012, 01:44 AM
the weakness is Curry's ankle. lol.

& lack a go-to guy. ;)

takeshi
08-01-2012, 01:47 AM

+1 and let me add this

Karl > MJ :clap:

Kyben36
08-01-2012, 02:02 AM
they have lots of potential, but dont think they have the coaching to get far. Steph curry is a great player, Bogut gives them a big banger/defender, Lee is a great fit as a pick and role/jump shooter next to him, but Klay thompson is nothing more than a role player at this point, and Barnes is nothing but potential/unproven.

Potential33
08-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Thompson took the summer league by storm, so he's already shown he has developed.

:facepalm:

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 02:39 AM
:facepalm:

that's what i did the first time he said that in W's forum.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Thompson can't play defense? He got beat on back door cuts, but other than that he was a pretty solid defender. You can expect him to get better over the off-season. Lee played good defense once Jefferson ripped him during a game. And I know Curry can't play defense, but you have Jack backing him up who is a great defender. Not only do we have Bogut, but we also have Ezeli & Biedrins who are good defenders and can block shots.

:facepalm: dude... its man to man defense. those guys are responsible for guarding their own guy. plus those guys are bench players. They probably won't even be on the court at the same time.

Also, Biedrins is nothing. Dude's career is over unless he changes his ****. Ezeli is a still a rookie who has to prove himself on the big stage.

stop exaggerating their talents.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Bogut is due for a torn scrotum sadly.

did he sleep with your woman?

iFYouSeekAmy
08-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Problems? They lack a go-to guy down the stretch during late game situations. Health is key and it's been a curse for this organization. They also lack chemistry. On paper they look good, but can they really play with each other? stop with the over exaggerated, homer posts.

eternal slumber
08-01-2012, 03:19 AM

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Landry-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

defense, especially on the both guard position. also health issues, rather than that, you really have a nice team on paper.

Bulls_fan90
08-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Can't wait to see what Barnes can do. There are some great young teams in the West. Really like what the Suns have done too.

knickfan33
08-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Steph Curry, Andrew Bogut, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, David Lee, Jarrett Jack, Festus Ezeli, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Richard Jefferson, Draymond Green, Charles Jenkins

IF (Thats a big IF) they are all healthy, that is a damn good line up
i love this roster... but the two things that will hold them back... injuries, and i dont thnk they have it defensively

Run&Gun
08-01-2012, 04:14 AM
defense, especially on the both guard position. also health issues, rather than that, you really have a nice team on paper.

I think our GM did a great job this offseason to try to patch fix some of our defense issues, Jack being an above average defender and we got some toughness from Landry and through the draft.

That being said I think from our starting five only Bogut is an above average defender and Curry and Lee below average. However, I think Lee has the possibility of being a good team defender like Dirk with Bogut taking some of the pressure off of him to have to always get all the rebounds. I wouldn't say Thompson is a liability, but he's far from a lock down defender.

What I like from our team a lot is there's a lot of versatility and the players compliment each other well.

knickfan33
08-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Can't wait to see what Barnes can do. There are some great young teams in the West. Really like what the Suns have done too.

second that.... i think kendall marhall is the hidden gem of this draft... he's a great "true" PG

Aust
08-01-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't see the Warriors as the second coming of the Thunder. Some guys are going to need to develop and step up into a star role, and I still don't know about the coach.
This season will tell alot. Will they be the same old Warriors, or are they ready to show the league their ambition.

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 04:48 AM

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Landry-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

Curry- Injury Prone
Thompson- Young, inexperienced . Great potential, but not a player that can lead a team right now
Barnes- NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE GAME
Lee- above average pf
Bogut - injury prone

Bench- Average/Below Average

Not a playoff team, sorry

MintBerryCrunch
08-01-2012, 04:53 AM

Are you kidding me?
1. thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Denver
6. Dallas
7. Memphis
8. Minnesota
9. Phoenix

That's 9 teams right off the top of my head that are better than Golden State right now.

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 05:08 AM
I don't see the Warriors as the second coming of the Thunder. Some guys are going to need to develop and step up into a star role, and I still don't know about the coach.
This season will tell alot. Will they be the same old Warriors, or are they ready to show the league their ambition.

technically, the old Warriors were the playoff contenders. After 97ish is when this team sank to the bottom.

Run&Gun
08-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Are you kidding me?
1. thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Denver
6. Dallas
7. Memphis
8. Minnesota
9. Phoenix

That's 9 teams right off the top of my head that are better than Golden State right now.

I don't know if Phoenix is better than us, I look at the team and see a bunch of random players they put together outside of Gortat and Dragic I don't like anyone a whole lot on that roster compared to GSW.

T-Wolves and Denver I think can be on equal terms. Rubio prob. won't come 100% prob. till feb or march even if he plays by training camp. Roy has big question marks with injuries. This team has just as many question marks as the Warriors so I think they are pretty even.

Why all the love for Denver now too? I know they made the playoffs but I'm not really seeing them having a huge improvement over last year, where as the Warriors made big improvements, pending injury I think the Warriors should be even with Denver too.

Point being, I don't see why Warriors in the playoffs is a stretch I think it's a good possibility they can fight for that 7-8th spot.

takeshi
08-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Curry- Injury Prone
Thompson- Young, inexperienced . Great potential, but not a player that can lead a team right now
Lee- above average pf
Bogut - injury prone

Curry- glass ankle
Thompson- better than Ellis?
Barnes- sure better than Dorell Wright?
Lee- double double machine but not a go-to guy
Bogut - doubt if he can play 82 games

Bench- sometimes play better than the starters.

He115ing
08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I dont think any of the top teams will be impressed or intimidated by that lineup.

Bowman53
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Curry- Injury Prone
Lee- above average pf
Bogut - injury prone

you didn't list a weakness.

Stinkyoutsider
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
The Warriors have a solid team on paper but I always have wondered what the deal is with Curry's ankle? He's been in and out of the lineup and it sounds like the ankle isn't 100% yet.

I don't think Bogut will be his pre-injury self for quite a while. I'll give the Warriors another year or 2 and then they'll be ready to compete.

uprightciti
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
hmmm i would put them around a 6 seed next season

maybe a 8 seed this year
might get past dallas or san antonio maybe the grizzlies

no way they pass clippers, lakers, okc

asandhu23
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Bogut's injuries were mostly freak injuries like the dunk with the broken arm.

takeshi
08-13-2012, 02:02 AM
still a PO team after the 4-way trade?

Jumba
08-13-2012, 02:05 AM
bumping old threads.... shame

kobemelo
08-13-2012, 02:10 AM

and we don't?

takeshi
08-13-2012, 02:13 AM
bumping old threads.... shame

cos trade affects the standing.

need re visit

Jumba
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
cos trade affects the standing.

need re visit

Oh? so the Warriors got howard?

asandhu23
08-13-2012, 08:27 PM
close this thread. W's are not the dark horse or pink horse or purple horse or whatever horse.

tp13baby
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Ill Will can be a star, Gallo, Ty Lawson might have a little potential, Faried can be and McGee has a ton of potential.

We are making the playoffs. We can discuss this when you aren't a lottery pick.

08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches in the NBA...Yet, he's only coached for 1 season for a tanking team. #DatDoMeFavorsLogic

Anyhow, GSW have a really nice team. They are basically Denver 2.0. They are a playoff team on paper as long as Curry/Bogut stay healthy.

not really, they'd have to make the playoffs first.. and have a winning season before suggesting something like that

tp13baby
08-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't know if Phoenix is better than us, I look at the team and see a bunch of random players they put together outside of Gortat and Dragic I don't like anyone a whole lot on that roster compared to GSW.

T-Wolves and Denver I think can be on equal terms. Rubio prob. won't come 100% prob. till feb or march even if he plays by training camp. Roy has big question marks with injuries. This team has just as many question marks as the Warriors so I think they are pretty even.

Why all the love for Denver now too? I know they made the playoffs but I'm not really seeing them having a huge improvement over last year, where as the Warriors made big improvements, pending injury I think the Warriors should be even with Denver too.

Point being, I don't see why Warriors in the playoffs is a stretch I think it's a good possibility they can fight for that 7-8th spot.

Wilson Chandler played 8 games last year.
Gallo was injuried for 23 games last year.
Faried didn't play 20 games.
Nene was injured for alot of the season til he got traded.
Lawson had a terrible ankle injury early in the season that limited production.
We got a USA player.

We will make the playoffs regardless of injuries. We did it last year.

08-13-2012, 09:00 PM
I think we both know that none of those players can become stars. Ty Lawson is the only one who has potential to be. But Kenneth Farreed a star? Lol, come on man.

You don't think kenneth faried could be a star???...... have you seen him play?

Blitzbolt
08-13-2012, 10:34 PM
I do think the Warriors are better then the wolves but are not in that Denver Memphis range yet.

BKLYNpigeon
08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
1.OKC
2.Lakers
3.Spurs
4.Clippers
5.Nuggets
6.Memphis
7.Mavericks
8.Warriors

Aust
08-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I do think the Warriors are better then the wolves but are not in that Denver Memphis range yet.

Yeah, not in that Denver Memphis range yet

asandhu23
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I am the biggest Warriors homer. OP is trying to out-homer me.

takeshi
08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Wilson Chandler played 8 games last year.
Gallo was injuried for 23 games last year.
Faried didn't play 20 games.
Nene was injured for alot of the season til he got traded.
Lawson had a terrible ankle injury early in the season that limited production.
We got a USA player.

We will make the playoffs regardless of injuries. We did it last year.

Cos Denver has deep bench