PDA

View Full Version : Which "surprise" team could win it all in 2013?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Everyone talks about the likes of the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, or Celtics to win a title next year, but what team could surprise the rest of us that no one is talking about as a contender from an NBA title?

Please try not be a homer, unless you give some valid reasoning as to why your team could fall into this category :D .

You may pick a team from the West and East if you'd like as well.

Without being bias, I'd say my "surprise" team pick would be the Nuggets. They seem like a team that is strong in every aspect, their starters , their bench, and their coach. If they can pull it all together and play in a 2004 Pistons like fashion, I believe they can make a run at a title.

D12 fan
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Brooklyn

BALLER R
07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Pretty sure it would be a surprise to everyone on here except knick fans if they won.

Jays Claw
07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
The Clippers could get it done if everything goes their way.

GoPacers33
07-30-2012, 08:55 PM
No homer I think the Pacers could win the championship. Another one that comes to mind is LAC

Rain 816
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Clippers r a nice sleeper team

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 08:59 PM
No homer I think the Pacers could win the championship. Another one that comes to mind is LAC

I think they arent far off at all to be able to compete for a title, you guys just need to get some production from your size off the bench. Hopefully for your teams sake Ian Mahinmi does well.

Knicks21
07-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Clippers, Knicks.

Vinny642
07-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Pacers, maybe Knicks or Brooklyn but i'd hate it

Fnom11
07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Grizzlies
Knicks(far stretch but maybe if they get some synergy)
Celtics(extremely large leap though)
Pacers( if they get rid of Granger and get an upgrade they'll be strong)

Ezio
07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Grizzlies

They don't need to get rid of Granger. Let him walk and move George to the 3. Then sign Mayo (They've been wanting him forever now)

b@llhog24
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
If the Bobcats win I'd be very suprised.

Evolution23
07-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Knicks... Finally got a full training camp with a defensive minded coach, 2 TRUE PGs, all our star players are healthy, and a deep bench.

Lakers_ftw
07-30-2012, 09:10 PM
The Clippers. They have a deep bench.

Vinny642
07-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Knicks... Finally got a full training camp with a defensive minded coach, 2 TRUE PGs, all our star players are healthy, and a deep bench.

Lay off the homerness man, pick someone other than your team

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 09:11 PM

You have one star player.

Just because amare is payed like a star player, that doesn't make him a star. He is an overpaid role player.

Punk
07-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Knicks or Clippers.

You have one star player.

Just because amare is payed like a star player, that doesn't make him a star. He is an overpaid role player.
I agree but I wouldn't call him a role player, he's a all-star player but not a true superstar.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 09:13 PM
:confused:

I'm confused? How did you guys NOT downgrade at PG?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Knicks or Clippers.

I agree but I wouldn't call him a role player, he's a all-star player but not a true superstar.

I disagree.

Not because I'm a "Nets fan" but more so because in the East alone I could pick 3 PFs better than Amare that are more "All-Star" Caliber. Like Bosh, Garnett, and Josh Smith.

Amare is still a solid player, but be honest he is declining.

petersmagic12
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
The clippers def have a decent shot at wining and ill even say dallas made some good moves to help themselves out. picking up brand, mayo, and collison. A surprise team in the east would probably be brooklyn, and pacers have the tools if they could score alittle more. I think the knicks have a long way. I wouldnt count out the bulls either if derek rose could come back healthy i think they upgraded from the players they lost.

D12 fan
07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
lmao at Knicks fans saying the Knicks.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
The clippers def have a decent shot at wining and ill even say dallas made some good moves to help themselves out. picking up brand, mayo, and collison. A surprise team in the east would probably be brooklyn, and pacers have the tools if they could score alittle more. I think the knicks have a long way. I wouldnt count out the bulls either if derek rose could come back healthy i think they upgraded from the players they lost.

Not trying to be an a**hole but are you sure about that statement? They downgraded pretty significantly.

Utd7
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
How about Chicago if D-Rose comes back in time.

NoahH
07-30-2012, 09:34 PM
The MIAMI HEAT :hide:

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 09:34 PM
How about Chicago if D-Rose comes back in time.

I didn't list Chicago because Rose is supposed to be back in March, pretty tough for a downgraded Bulls team. If they can stay somewhere around the 7-8 seed come playoff time with Rose back, things could get pretty interesting.

IndyRealist
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Grizzlies

Granger for Igoudala, straight up? That'd be some suffocating D.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
No team besides those and Clippers,Knicks,Nets unless a team makes a major trade at the deadline

eternal slumber
07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Boston Celtics will have a good chance to win if they get pass the Heat in the east.

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Boston Celtics will have a good chance to win if they get pass the Heat in the east.

If boston gets by miami they would be favorites to win imo.

Dade County
07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Clippers... Another episode of NBA = Entertainment

Blake Griffin... the half black half White player that can jump really high... I mean it's all right their for Mr Stern.

jmoney85
07-30-2012, 09:53 PM

deep bench? lol?

Iron24th
07-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Pacers
Knicks
Nuggets
Suns

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Pacers
Knicks
Nuggets
Suns

suns? lol

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
How can Nuggets win a championship? who is their go to scorer? Who is the man when they need a basket? Makes no sense

dnewguy
07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
I have never been to disney land before, which makes it pretty tough for me to fantasize. Only 3 teams have any chance; Heat, Thunder and Celtics.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I have never been to disney land before, which makes it pretty tough for me to fantasize. Only 3 teams have any chance; Heat, Thunder and Celtics.

You dont even have the Lakers on there?

STL Don
07-30-2012, 10:05 PM
They don't need to get rid of Granger. Let him walk and move George to the 3. Then sign Mayo (They've been wanting him forever now)

Too bad Mayo plays for the Mavericks now.

D12 fan
07-30-2012, 10:05 PM
:laugh:
Clippers... Another episode of NBA = Entertainment

Blake Griffin... the half black half White player that can jump really high... I mean it's all right their for Mr Stern.

Aust
07-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Bulls? :shrug:
The way people have been ******** on them you'd think they'd be a surprise team..

Blitzbolt
07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Grizzlies I know its a homer pick but I have my reasons.

One year Rudy Gay gets injured and he miss the playoff.This year ZBO got injured return in the playoffs but was never at 100%.If they both stay Healthy and finally develop some chemistry I think we have a shot.

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:20 PM
West:
Clippers: Great Roster and gaining experience together with great additions
Mavs: Tough beginning in FA but pulled out strong with great additions
East:
Knicks: Great offseason n resignings. Lin sucks don't get me started. Great defense next year. Deff a better team than the Nets:
PG: Nets
SG: Toss-up.. Shumpert would shut JJ down. JJ more overrated/paid than Amare
SF: Knicks
PF: Knicks
C: Knicks
Bench: Knicks
you can't be serious saying the Nets are a better team.. knicks are winning 4 positions and a wayyyyyy better bench. be real ppl

jmoney85
07-30-2012, 10:22 PM
West:
East:
Knicks: Great offseason n resignings. Lin sucks don't get me started. Great defense next year. Deff a better team than the Nets:
you can't be serious saying the Nets are a better team.. knicks are winning 4 positions and a wayyyyyy better bench. be real ppl

:facepalm:

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:25 PM

Lakers are better than the Celtics IMO.. Celtics are rlly great but oldddd. Think game 7 vs the Heat was their last chance of winning it all

JWO35
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
There's no such thing as a "sleeper team" to win the championship...only like 4 teams have a chance to win it, the other 26 teams are playing for 3rd place. That's what happens when your CBA has more holes than a box of cheerios

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
West:
East:

What does this even have to do with the thread?

So I guess Kobe vs Tony Allen is a toss up aswell?

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:29 PM
:facepalm:

JJ is a better player offensively. Ask D Rose n Wade how fun it is playing vs Shump.. and if ur only argument is a facepalm, good talk?

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
JJ is a better player offensively. Ask D Rose n Wade how fun it is playing vs Shump.. and if ur only argument is a facepalm, good talk?

The kid was a rookie last year , that wasnt even in the rookie soph game...shot a terrible % aswell. He is nowhere near a guy that made the all star team last year.

NYKNYGNYY
07-30-2012, 10:34 PM
id be pretty cool to see a clippers pacers finals ...of course if the knicks arnt

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:35 PM
just bcuz one player is better than the one they are matched up against doesnt mean anything.. when Dwight Howard went up vs Tyson Chandler this Year, Dwight got shut down n had his worst games of the season vs Chandler. Matchups are key, and the Knicks are better than the Overpaid Nets except DWill.

meloman1592
07-30-2012, 10:35 PM
clippers

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:40 PM
The kid was a rookie last year , that wasnt even in the rookie soph game...shot a terrible % aswell. He is nowhere near a guy that made the all star team last year.

my point was with a healthy Shump, hes injured so u obv have the advantage at SG but the kid shump would give ur boy JJ real problems.

flips333
07-30-2012, 10:40 PM
How would the clippers be a surprise team?

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 10:41 PM
just bcuz one player is better than the one they are matched up against doesnt mean anything.. when Dwight Howard went up vs Tyson Chandler this Year, Dwight got shut down n had his worst games of the season vs Chandler. Matchups are key, and the Knicks are better than the Overpaid Nets except DWill.

Dwight Howard isnt even a good offensive player so congrats, and this kid Iman is coming off of ACL surgery. Stop saying this rookie who has proved nothing is better than an ALL STAR.
btw
Kris Humphries > Amare

Blitzbolt
07-30-2012, 10:42 PM

That's pretty dump Marc Gasol has own Tyson Chandler in Dallas and in the Knicks does that make him better?

ball4reel
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Clippers are my pick

DKGiants
07-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Dwight Howard isnt even a good offensive player so congrats, and this kid Iman is coming off of ACL surgery. Stop saying this rookie who has proved nothing is better than an ALL STAR.
btw
Kris Humphries > Amare

bahahahahahaha
:confused: n do u read? I said my point was for a healthy Shump, not one who can't walk genius. and that matchups are key.
wait wait wait say kris Humphries is better than Amare so we can all laugh again. I need to sleep after reading such stupidity :facepalm:

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 11:26 PM
hump had a higher PER last season than amare

take it for what its worth.

Cal827
07-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Bobcats

/ Thread.

3ballbomber
07-30-2012, 11:34 PM
There's no team that will surprise anybody with a win this coming season. It will be the usual Miami, Bos, OKC, Spurs, LAL......

Teams not only need to be highly experienced in the PO's but also need playoff battled tested players/vets. So teams such as Nets, Nugs, NY etc. i don't see have any chance in winning a title.

jmoney85
07-30-2012, 11:35 PM
this fool really said shump vs JJ is a "toss up"... he must be smoking bath salts to think an unproven rookie is on the level of a 6 time all-star

Gritz
07-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Surprise teams don't win in the NBA, its about 5 teams tops with a legit chance everyone else, better luck next time. Don't mistake this for me saying upsets don't happen because they do, but the Nuggets, Grizzlies or Pacers aren't going to the finals unless something catastrophic happens

Gritz
07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
id be pretty cool to see a clippers pacers finals ...of course if the knicks arnt

yea all 14 people watching would be happy

Avenged
07-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Not sure I would classify the Clippers as a surprise team. They are certainly very talented and contenders.. They have a superstar, and all-star, and very solid complementary role players.

jmoney85
07-30-2012, 11:52 PM
to be considered a "surprise" team I think its a team that wasnt in the playoffs last year IMO

iliketurtles24
07-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Wolves got a lot better, A Lot better, winning it all is still out of the question.... so ill say Nug's as well.

SlimKid
07-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Surprise teams don't win in the NBA, its about 5 teams tops with a legit chance everyone else, better luck next time. Don't mistake this for me saying upsets don't happen because they do, but the Nuggets, Grizzlies or Pacers aren't going to the finals unless something catastrophic happens

:nod:

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 01:19 AM
hump had a higher PER last season than amare

take it for what its worth.

More than likely nothing.

naps
07-31-2012, 01:47 AM
How do Knicks fans say Knicks would be a surprise team when the same people pretend Knicks are a legit contender :confused:

naps
07-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Not sure I would classify the Clippers as a surprise team. They are certainly very talented and contenders.. They have a superstar, and all-star, and very solid complementary role players.

Who is that chick on your sig Avenged24?

Evolution23
07-31-2012, 01:56 AM
So Amare had one bad season. He didn't play all summer because of a bad back and the lock out kept him from practicing with the new front line. He also added 15 pounds of muscle which slowed him down. THe old Amare is coming back this season, with a lean and faster body. Oh and he's learning post moves from Hakeem. Knicks are contenders next season. Book it.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 02:02 AM
Chicago Bulls.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Who is that chick on your sig Avenged24?

Ariana Grande

b@llhog24
07-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Ariana Grande

:drool:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-31-2012, 04:55 AM
There is never a "surprise" team that wins the championship in the NBA. It happens in baseball and even in football, but in basketball the 5 to 7 teams that are contenders win it.

Whomewhome
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
I might be crazy but Dallas! Yes they lost major pieces but I think they finally faired out pretty well. And got YOUNGER and probably more offensive and Rick will get them playing defense.

I hate Dallas more then any other team in the NBA. So for me to come out and say Dallas is big. I honestly think they got better and added more Pep.

Whomewhome
07-31-2012, 05:18 AM
There is never a "surprise" team that wins the championship in the NBA. It happens in baseball and even in football, but in basketball the 5 to 7 teams that are contenders win it.
The NBA's biggest issue right here! Going to a 7 game format in round 1 was such a bad move. I think all rounds including the final should be best out of 3.

Slimsim
07-31-2012, 05:37 AM
I'm going with a extremely healthy GSW if healthy they can beat anyone

knickfan33
07-31-2012, 06:04 AM
Pretty sure it would be a surprise to everyone on here except knick fans if they won.

no it would be a surprise... but i dont think is that far fetched... get in a high seed so we get some easier oppenent to start the playoffs and if melo is on one of his tears.

this team is gonna be an amazing defensive team.

knickfan33
07-31-2012, 06:06 AM
The NBA's biggest issue right here! Going to a 7 game format in round 1 was such a bad move. I think all rounds including the final should be best out of 3.

thats a little too far.. but i kinda agree... at least first round being 5...

and the home court advantage being 2-3-2 in finals is ********.. that favors the away team more then the home team.

odiz
07-31-2012, 06:10 AM
The best answer is no one. The best teams are too good. The 2013 NBA champion is more then likely going to be one of the Heat, Thunder or Lakers. And the next tear of teams that could win it like the Clippers, Celtics and Spurs (maybe the NY teams) wouldnt really be that much of a 'surprise'.

mbsalame123
07-31-2012, 06:49 AM
the clippers or knicks can win and possibly the grizzlies or nets.

the clippers look really good right now and have much better chemistry now that they will going through a full training camp and have a much healthier and deeper team with veterans.

the knicks look good too now they added more depth to their team and veterans to help out. jason kidd and raymond felton have the experience and they will prove that Lin was just a fluke and they are better without him. Amare and Felton clicked so well when they played with each other so if amare can do it again this time and figure out a way to do it with melo then they can be a surprise. I think melo playing with team usa and chandler too really helps them adjust to playing with amare because on team usa there are several other stars so melo can get used to playing like he does on usa, he plays amazing with them too and meshes with the other stars, but they need to figure out together with woodson, amare, and melo.

the grizzlies and nets title odds are the "if injuries effect the other teams." The grizzlies looked good after beating the spurs 2 years ago but last year they regressed and it looks like gay does not mesh with randolph and gasol so well but they will have gone through a training camp together and finally have a nice deep team to through out there.

the nets will need another year or two just like the knicks did until they can be actual title contenders. But I find them being a very similar team to the hawks but they have more depth down low and have an amazing point guard, which was something that the hawks never had. so we will see.

If the celtics face injuries, and the heat have a hangover from the title win, the knicks or nets will steal the east........ but people are counting out the indiana pacers.

they played amazing last year and are one of the deepest teams in the NBA. it will be interesting to see what they can do with the additions of augustin, green, and mahinmi, but I think this year they will struggle because teams will have figured them out.

The bulls, you can take them out of the title picture for this year, they are taking a break before they can come back and actually compete the year after this one.

if the lakers trade for dwight howard then they will be the new favorites of the west with the thunder in the running as well. the spurs will stay competitive but they wont do anything. But if dwight, nash, and kobe don't click and the thunder face injuries or chemistry problems then the grizzlies or clippers can steal the show.

But as of right now it is the heat, thunder, celtics, lakers, spurs, clippers, knicks and bulls (when healthy) and then you can name the nets, grizzlies, and pacers as dark horses.

THE MTL
07-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Everyone talks about the likes of the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, or Celtics to win a title next year, but what team could surprise the rest of us that no one is talking about as a contender from an NBA title?

Please try not be a homer, unless you give some valid reasoning as to why your team could fall into this category :D .

You may pick a team from the West and East if you'd like as well.

Without being bias, I'd say my "surprise" team pick would be the Nuggets. They seem like a team that is strong in every aspect, their starters , their bench, and their coach. If they can pull it all together and play in a 2004 Pistons like fashion, I believe they can make a run at a title.

I honestly dnt think there will be a surprise team winning a title. The LA clippers and the NY Knicks are the only teams with some kind of chance against the ones u named and it depends on chemistry.

But it will be between Celtics, Lakers, Heat, Thunder most likely.

BobbyHillSwag
07-31-2012, 11:20 AM
it wont be suprising if the knicks win, they da bess. they have a top 5 player in the league and a very good defensive team. reminds me of the 01 sixers with better offensive talent.

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
it wont be suprising if the knicks win, they da bess. they have a top 15 player in the league and a very good defensive team. reminds me of the 01 sixers with better offensive talent.

fixed

Mcdoh
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
pacers..

naps
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
it wont be suprising if the knicks win, they da bess. they have a top 5 player in the league and a very good defensive team. reminds me of the 01 sixers with better offensive talent.

:laugh2:

Rockice_8
07-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Clips and Nets make sense. The Clips are deep and balanced and I like the way the Nets team fits together with guys that should compliment each other well.

Chill_Will_24
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Bulls will be on tank mode. Lets be real here. Why would they play all out for a year waiting on the possibility of Rose coming back in March (at which point he might not be in playing condition and nobody knows if he will ever be the same) when they could just secure a top pick to go with healthy Rose next year?

JWO35
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM

I think the playoff format needs an overhaul too...more upsets could give the illusion of "competitive balance"

1st round: 3gm series
2nd round: 5gm series
Conference & Finals: 7gm series

Stinkyoutsider
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Probably the Clippers if Blake Griffin steps it up more this year. It can't be Paul alone who carries the team late in the game. It's got to be Griffin.

ackar
07-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Bulls will be on tank mode. Lets be real here. Why would they play all out for a year waiting on the possibility of Rose coming back in March (at which point he might not be in playing condition and nobody knows if he will ever be the same) when they could just secure a top pick to go with healthy Rose next year?

The Bulls are not tanking.

RLundi
07-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Are the Clippers a surprise team? Because I think they can win it, though I wouldn't choose them as a contender just yet.

Robbw241
07-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Bulls have been written off but if Rose is back for playoffs anything can happen.

uprightciti
07-31-2012, 01:32 PM
pacers clippers knicks

Jarvo
07-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Pacers & Griz

Longhornfan1234
07-31-2012, 01:42 PM
:laugh: The Knicks?

keetyweedy
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Dallas:shrug:

NYKnickFanatic
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
People, it says "surprise" team. If the Knicks won it, everyone here would be ****ing surprised, including myself.

Vee-Rex
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the T-Wolves make a good run. I think they'll exceed expectations, make the playoffs, and maybe even the 2nd round if they get lucky. I don't see them winning it all, though.

I do think the Grizzlies are capable of beating anyone in a 7-game series, so if I had to pick a surprise team I'd go with them.

Mikeleafs
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
LOL at this thread...

There are NO surprises in the NBA.

Heat will win it again... :(

Gritz
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
LOL at this thread...

Exactly what I said

8kobe24
07-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Charlotte Hornets

keetyweedy
07-31-2012, 02:08 PM
LOL at this thread...

the same way they were expected to win it the past 2 yrs right??? but there 1-1, so im not gonna jst say the heat will win it but they are a high favorite

Nycbball08
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Bobcats...:)

iam brett favre
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
After these past playoffs, I don't think a surprise team will ever win the finals. I'll go with the Jazz though :nod:

kdspurman
07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
fixed

You literally reply to almost anything that has to do with the Knicks :laugh2: It's pretty funny. I was waiting to see if you would actually post your thoughts on the topic :)

EDUTEXANS
07-31-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd say the Clippers, they'll be stronger with Crawford, billups back and Odom if gets back in shape. Hill and Green will also provide more bench help. But I don't see any team beating OKC or Miami.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-31-2012, 02:39 PM
None. One of the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, or Celtics will win it.

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
You literally reply to almost anything that has to do with the Knicks :laugh2: It's pretty funny. I was waiting to see if you would actually post your thoughts on the topic :)

Usually the really ridiculous comments, like melo being a top 5 player.

I dont think any team other than boston, OKC or miami can win it in 2013, so if someone else were to i would be surprised.

nycsports2
07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
knicks wouldnt be a suprise at all imo. best roster in the league they just need to put it together....... ill take the clips but doubt it

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
knicks wouldnt be a suprise at all imo. best roster in the league they just need to put it together....... ill take the clips but doubt it

:drunk:

KniCks4LiFe
07-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Suprise team in the East?

Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics.

Surprise in the West...

Dallas Mavericks and Memphis Grizzlies (if Arthur is back).

DeyAce
07-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Sadly Miami will win it again

NYKnickFanatic
07-31-2012, 02:59 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, posts like this are reasons why everyone here hates and bashes Knicks fans.

kdspurman
07-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Usually the really ridiculous comments, like melo being a top 5 player.

I dont think any team other than boston, OKC or miami can win it in 2013, so if someone else were to i would be surprised.

Fair enough. But if you try and make it a point to post to all the ridiculous stuff on here you might try and get a job here! There's a whole lot of ridiculous on here

FOXHOUND
07-31-2012, 03:16 PM
As a Knicks fan I'll pick,

East

The Knicks

Picking my team as a sleeper team doesn't make me a homer, right? I mean, I'm saying it would be a surprise if my team won a title this year, I think that's more than fair. The Knicks are definitely one of the bubble teams after that elite trio of Miami, OKC and the Lakers after their offseason with Nash, Jamison and bringing back Hill.

I don't think any team other than can realistically contend with Miami from the east. Boston is really old, and they got a big boost from facing a Miami missing a huge cog to their machine in Bosh. Once Bosh came back, and they had that tuneup game to work him back in with their new blueprint, they got demolished. They lost Allen, a good opportunity to instill some good youth to their perimeter, and they replace him with Jason Terry? AARP.

West

The Spurs

Are they officially back to being underrated after the beat down OKC gave them in the last four games? I think they are back to being a surprise blow up team, like they have been for years now. Still, if I had to pick a team that could beat those two juggernauts on top of the west I'd have to go with Pop and his core trio that have won 3 rings.

The Clippers are the only other team that possibly can compete, but I doubt it. Paul doesn't have a great playoff resume, and dating back to college when his team got upset in the tourney by a team with zero NBA players (not even a 15th man) I don't think he has what it takes to compete with the big boys. Paul and Griffin are a lot of talent, but after them there just isn't enough fire power. You have Jamal Crawford and Caron Butler trying to go blow for blow with James Harden and the Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum duo? Nah, no way. DeAndre Jordan isn't the answer at center either.

IAmARanger18
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Clippers, Nets or Knicks.

JasonJohnHorn
07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
The Pacers. They've got a great roster and a great coach. As long as they keep that team together, they will be contending for years to come.

ChiSox219
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I'd be surprised if the Bulls won it all.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers did...

king4day
07-31-2012, 05:08 PM
The Clippers and Knicks are as far down as I'll go. Teams like Denver or Indy really don't have a chance. No go to scorer's like Miami and OKC have is just too much to overcome these days.

king4day
07-31-2012, 05:13 PM
deep bench? lol?

They have a very talented bench. Felton, JR Smith, Novak, Camby, Kurt Thomas, Prigioni.
That squad is capable of sustaining leads.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2012, 05:32 PM
The Knicks are not sleepers to win the title.

I will say the Clippers, and the Celtics are sleepers.

tp13baby
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Clippers from the west, Boston from the east.