PDA

View Full Version : Willie Green Traded To The Clippers

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 06:38 PM
From the Hawks for the rights to Sofo (350 pound Greece center who's never made it over). Gives the team an upgraded Randy Foye and a guy who's known for playing tough defense on the perimeter. Yet another piece added to an already extremely deep team.

MrfadeawayJB
07-30-2012, 06:49 PM
link???

here you go http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10654

next time, come prepared

mdm692
07-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm guessing the Clips are preparing for injuries or for a lot of OT games.

FarOutIos
07-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Sofo should cone over. He was a beast against us in the olympics years ago.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Willie Green shot 44 percent from deep last year which was near the top of the league. His PER 36 scoring was 16 ppg and he shot 47 percent from the field and nearly 86 percent from the line.

airforceones25
07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Bledsoe
Crawford
Green
Hill
Odom
Hollins
Turiaf
Thompkins

Clippers bench... :worthy::worthy::worthy:

RLundi
07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Shouldn't the Clippers be going after serviceable big men?

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't the Clippers be going after serviceable big men?

Griffin/Odom has a legit chance to be the best PF rotation in the NBA. DJ+Turiaf+Hollins will likely be a top 10-15 center rotation. Not sure why people keep acting like you need a dominant backup center to do anything in this center weak league. Miami started Bosh at the 5 last year in the finals vs a big team :facepalm:

RLundi
07-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyway, Clippers look amazing. All they need is a head coach who actually designs plays.

RLundi
07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Griffin/Odom has a legit chance to be the best PF rotation in the NBA. DJ+Turiaf+Hollins will likely be a top 10-15 center rotation. Not sure why people keep acting like you need a dominant backup center to do anything in this center weak league. Miami started Bosh at the 5 last year in the finals vs a big team :facepalm:

Really, using a facepalm?? How original. Your argument was legitimate before you sullied it with that ridiculous facepalm.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Anyway, Clippers look amazing. All they need is a head coach who actually designs plays.

Sigh.... Knowing how good this team COULD be with a great coach is going to piss me off all season long. Vinny is a great guy to have in your organization and has been a great GM this offseason but he can't coach, period. Move him to the GM spot and hire Jerry Sloan or SVG please! I'll likely lose my voice multiple times this year again due to Vinny's inability to run plays or use a solid rotation.

The facepalm is my feeling towards everybody right now who keeps talking about backup centers like they are vital. It wasn't me trying to be an *** to you but just annoys me hearing the whole "well look at their weak backup center spot" etc.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Rlundi I think you can understand why Clippers fans may be defensive. No matter what the team does all people do is discredit them, underrate them and bash them. Find reasons why they aren't as good as some think etc. Get absolutely no respect and it turns you a bit cold towards other fans, especially after 15 years.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
07-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I like this move, bench is looking nice

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Odom is awful

Avenged
07-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Not big on this trade but regardless, Chris Paul has the most help he's ever had. Excited to see what he can do with a full off-season and season with the Clippers.

Aust
07-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Rlundi I think you can understand why Clippers fans may be defensive. No matter what the team does all people do is discredit them, underrate them and bash them. Find reasons why they aren't as good as some think etc. Get absolutely no respect and it turns you a bit cold towards other fans, especially after 15 years.

Take that up with thou glorious Owner :worthy:

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Take that up with thou glorious Owner :worthy:

He hasn't proven the last two years especially that he cares about winning and IS willing to spend though? My only concern with Sterling is the way he handles the front office and refuses to pay his coaches and GM's good money.

Gritz
07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Odom is awful

He trying to convince himself it's the Odom from 2 years ago

Lakerhead4ever
07-30-2012, 08:19 PM
good move by the lakers little bros. it seems clippers front office are trigger happy now that they have finally realized how to put a good team together.

they are extremely deep. If LO plays to his capabilities who.

to me, they are still very weak in the front court.

LA games will be crazy energetic

Punk
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
This seems to be a Paul move. Willie played with him in New Orleans. The Clipper team looks great. I think they'll be a Top 3 team in the West honestly.

Odom is awful

He's awful? He was the Sixth Man of the Year just a year ago. Helped the 2009 Lakers win it all.

He played like crap after a lockout season. Big deal. Odom's career > 1 bad season with Dallas.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
This seems to be a Paul move. Willie played with him in New Orleans. The Clipper team looks great. I think they'll be a Top 3 team in the West honestly.

He's awful? He was the Sixth Man of the Year just a year ago. Helped the 2009 Lakers win it all.

He played like crap after a lockout season. Big deal. Odom's career > 1 bad season with Dallas.

Unfortunately anything Clippers related breeds ignorance. Lakers fans wanted him back badly and if he went there it would be "He's going to bounce back and win 6th man of the year again!!!". But since it's the Clippers it's "he's done" "he's garbage".

EasternStar
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Bledsoe
Crawford
Green
Hill
Odom
Hollins
Turiaf
Thompkins

Never liked Hollins.:puke:

Punk
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately anything Clippers related breeds ignorance. Lakers fans wanted him back badly and if he went there it would be "He's going to bounce back and win 6th man of the year again!!!". But since it's the Clippers it's "he's done" "he's garbage".

Yeah, I know how it is. It's pretty sad honestly.

SteBO
07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
This Clippers team is taking shape nicely. Loved the Hill signing, and like Willie Green for them. If they can get another backup big man, preferably a Center, they'll be one of the most well balanced teams out west.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I know how it is. It's pretty sad honestly.

Happens with every player :facepalm:. For example many fans of different teams wanted Grant Hill and now that he's on the Clippers all they can talk about is how he will be 40 years old. It's sad and funny at the same time.

Punk
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Willie Green shot 44 percent from deep last year which was near the top of the league. His PER 36 scoring was 16 ppg and he shot 47 percent from the field and nearly 86 percent from the line.

Real good pick up.

Happens with every player :facepalm:. For example many fans of different teams wanted Grant Hill and now that he's on the Clippers all they can talk about is how he will be 40 years old. It's sad and funny at the same time.

Yep. Samething with Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby but they still can produce at a high level along with the likes of Hill.

Aust
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I know I definitely wanted Odom back for the right price.

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Real good pick up.

Yep. Samething with Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby but they still can produce at a high level along with the likes of Hill.

I agree. Kidd is a GREAT locker room guy and similar to Hill in the sense that he's no longer a "great" player but a very solid all around contributor who still has a noticeable impact. Marcus Camby is still a top 15 center and extremely underrated (always has been).

JRisdabest
07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
solid

Cracka2HI!
07-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Another very solid Clipper signing. I don't think the Clippers have really made any GREAT moves. Not one. The Odom trade was a decent move, Crawford got a little too much money, Billups and Hill are old, ect. However you take the 8 or 9 moves the team made this offseason and roll them together and it's really been another GREAT offseason!! Last year the Clippers clearly had the best offseason in the league. This season I honestly put them in the top 5 again! I thought they would have done well to just replace the guys they were going to lose, but they really have improved!

CF86, don't let the haters get to you man! It's the same mentality that caused the meltdown in the Clipper forum. Yes a Laker fan fired the first shot, but after that you could really only blame the Clipper fans that got banned. Just let the haters hate man. It makes them look bad. Anyone who knows basketball knows the Clippers are good now. Anyone who makes jokes just sounds like an idiot. There aren't any Clipper jokes that are still funny. Even the one's about the Clippers being good got used up in 2006.

I wouldn't let VDN get you down either my man! We only held on to him because we knew he wouldn't create any waves with Blake and mainly CP3. We only held on to him because he 1 year left on his deal and wasn't going to chase Paul out of town. The worst thing that could have happened would have been to try to replace Vinny and hire the wrong guy. I don't want to us hire a new coach until CP3 signs that contract! I'm with that I'd like to see VDN move to GM. He has done a fine job. I still don't think it's our time yet, but if we extend CP3 we have a 5 year window! How many teams can say that!?!?

Clippersfan86
07-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Biggest problem with the idea of a 5 year window is Butler+Billups honestly. Green+Crawford can man the 2 for a couple years probably but then we have Butler who's old and breaks down a lot. I think we need a young SF in the next 2 years.

Bulls_fan90
07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Odom is awful

If he played for the Nets, you'd be all over him. Trolls gonna troll.

jayjay33
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM

Odom is awful

No........

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
this off season sucks when we care about willie doe or whatever getting traded

airforceones25
07-31-2012, 12:55 AM
this off season sucks when we care about willie doe or whatever getting traded

I know right... You know its a ****** offseason when Brook Lopez gets a max deal.

BURAKOBE
07-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Clippers are looking really solid on paper. Wish them good luck for the coming season.

Cracka2HI!
07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Biggest problem with the idea of a 5 year window is Butler+Billups honestly. Green+Crawford can man the 2 for a couple years probably but then we have Butler who's old and breaks down a lot. I think we need a young SF in the next 2 years.

My whole point was I'd rather re-sign Chris Paul and have 5 year window than I would have liked to fire Vinny and hire a coach who could have possibly scared Paul away. We have a damn fine team this year but it wouldn't have been worth risking 5 more years of CP3 to go for it all this year.

BallIsAll
07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Bledsoe
Crawford
Green
Hill
Odom
Hollins
Turiaf
Thompkins

only players worth mentioning are crawford and bledsoe :(

THE MTL
07-31-2012, 11:28 PM
This is a solid pickup. Iono why ppl OVER CRITICIZE moves like these. THese players arent brought in to be franchise changers. Just play a role and Willie Green is good at that.

wizardsfan3
08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Clippers are winning it all next season. Willie Green 4 MVP!

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 02:25 AM
i know right... You know its a ****** offseason when brook lopez gets a max deal.

lol

jaymurda
08-01-2012, 03:03 AM
wont get any PT in LA

Method28
08-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Is serviceable enough to cover some PT while Billups is out.