PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #7 SF In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
07-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7)
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

Swashcuff
07-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Danny Granger again. Both he and Deng should have been ahead of Gay who had no reason to go as high as 6th. Most overrated player on PSD hands down IMO.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I think you forgot Gerald Wallace even though Granger and Deng will be getting the next two spots.

maddBat
07-30-2012, 04:49 PM
deng
granger
gallo
crash

King41
07-30-2012, 04:55 PM
deng

next

SteBO
07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm taking Deng here, no issue with Granger going here either. Gay going 6th really irks me. He's done nothing to warrant jumping two spots from last year's SF poll, and nothing to show that he's made the same impact that Deng and even Granger have for their respective teams.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Gerald Wallace so I didnt vote

Mile High Champ
07-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Granger should be the guy to go here. While I like Deng as he is incredible defensive presence, he is simply a very inconsistent offensive player who is not an efficient scorer. Granted Granger has regressed these last few years but at this stage I would much rather have him on the wing because at least he can be efficient scoring the basketball. That gives him the edge for me.

EL HEAT
07-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Danny Granger again. Both he and Deng should have been ahead of Gay who had no reason to go as high as 6th. Most overrated player on PSD hands down IMO.

Agreed.

SlimKid
07-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Granger, then Deng.. Either way, it has to be one of them..

Gay at 6... yikes

MintBerryCrunch
07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Gerald Wallace so I didnt vote

you might have missed the part where Op said

Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
you might have missed the part where Op said

Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER.

Whos better than Gerald Wallace?

Wallace is a better defender than Deng and Granger
Wallace is a better passer than both
and Wallace can score

JLynn943
07-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Gay went 6th??? Deng here for sure...

Gators123
07-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Granger

GoPacers33
07-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Granger

maddBat
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM

and Wallace can score

id have 2 disagree with u here. even tho im a nets fan as well. deng is a better defender than wallace. granger is a better scorer than wallace. crash is a hard nose hustle player. and as much as i love him and his impact on the court. i have to say id rather have deng. but crash should be #10. and if im not mistaken granger has been on team usa.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 05:44 PM
id have 2 disagree with u here. even tho im a nets fan as well. deng is a better defender than wallace. granger is a better scorer than wallace. crash is a hard nose hustle player. and as much as i love him and his impact on the court. i have to say id rather have deng. but crash should be #10. and if im not mistaken both deng and granger have been on team usa.

Granger and Deng couldnt take their team to the playoffs, Wallace took the Bobcats to the playoffs by himself and had a great year. Can Deng get steals or blocks like Wallace? no.

maddBat
07-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Granger and Deng couldnt take their team to the playoffs, Wallace took the Bobcats to the playoffs by himself and had a great year. Can Deng get steals or blocks like Wallace? no.

what years did they not make the playoffs?

maddBat
07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
and wallace only took them 2 the playoffs once?

BradHolt4CYoung
07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I would go Granger here. I think if you gave the Bulls Grangers instead of Deng this tear, the Bulls would win more games.

I think everyone can agree that Gerald Wallace deserves to be an option over the scrubs at the bottom of the poll.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 05:53 PM
what years did they not make the playoffs?

Fact is Wallace is more of a impact player than Deng, you put Deng on the Bobcat teams instead of Wallace they are a lot worse. Bobcats even had a better record than the Bulls with Rose and Deng at the end of 2010

EL HEAT
07-30-2012, 05:56 PM

and Wallace can score

http://bkref.com/tiny/rxno1

b@llhog24
07-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I love me some Crash but he sucked it up this year. I'm expecting him to have a mini-resurgence this year though. In any event he's not better than Danny Granger.

DoMeFavors
07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I love me some Crash but he sucked it up this year. I'm expecting him to have a mini-resurgence this year though. In any event he's not better than Danny Granger.

He didnt suck for the Nets so maybe he sucked for the Blazers but from what I saw he was pretty good.

cheaptrikz
07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Going with the man from Sudan

Mile High Champ
07-30-2012, 06:22 PM
He didnt suck for the Nets so maybe he sucked for the Blazers but from what I saw he was pretty good.

He was brutal. He has regressed significantly on defense. He has fallen off a lot. Hard to deny it when you closer at the statistics.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Going with the man from Sudan

What? Why is he playing for England then?

raiderposting
07-30-2012, 07:32 PM
hey domefavors, **** gerald wallace.

b@llhog24
07-30-2012, 07:36 PM

So you're trying to make a case that he'll sustain his play based on a couple of games with the Nets? I find it funny because you used a similar argument against Carmelo. I'll refresh your memory.

Every player has strides where they play very good basketball, you cant expect Carmelo to play like he did the last month of the season. BTW in the playoffs he was awful.

:facepalm:

b@llhog24
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
What? Why is he playing for England then?

Deng was born in Wau, Sudan (current South Sudan) and is a member of the Dinka ethnic group. When he was young, his father Aldo, a member of the Sudanese parliament, moved the family to Egypt to escape the Second Sudanese Civil War. In Egypt, they met former NBA center Manute Bol, another Dinka, who taught Deng's older brother, Ajou Deng, how to play basketball while also serving as a mentor for Luol himself. When they were granted political asylum, his family emigrated to Brixton, South London.

Deng developed an interest in soccer, admiring Faustino Asprilla of Newcastle United, but also continued to play basketball, and was invited to join England's 15-and-under team in that sport. During this time, he began his career at Brixton Basketball Club. He represented Croydon at the London Youth Games, and was inducted in to their Hall of Fame in 2009. At the age of 13, he played for England's squad in the European Junior Men's Qualifying Tournament, averaging 40 points and 14 rebounds. He was named the MVP of the tournament. Next, he led England to the finals of the European Junior National Tournament, where he averaged 34 points and earned another MVP award.

At the age of 14, Luol moved to the United States to play basketball at Blair Academy in New Jersey, where one of his teammates was future NBA player Charlie Villanueva. Deng was also named a Tri-Captain at Blair along with Villanueva. During his senior year, Deng was considered the second most promising high school senior in America after LeBron James. He was named First Team All-America by Parade Magazine and USA Today, and was selected to play in the McDonald's High School All-America game, but could not play due to a foot injury. After graduation, he decided to attend Duke University. In one season at Duke, he appeared in 37 games and made 32 starts. He averaged 30.1 minutes and scored 15.1 points per game en route to a berth in the 2004 Final Four. He is only the 10th freshman in ACC history to lead all rookies in scoring, rebounding, and field goal percentage.

--Wikipedia

xxplayerxx23
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM

This. But I think Ill go deng here. I think his defense puts him over the top but Granger has a case here. Still mad gay was 6th lol

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM
probably batum here, i think he is underrated

Chavacano
07-30-2012, 09:40 PM
LuOL Deng.

StarvingKnick22
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
ok, its granger's turn now.

STL Don
07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Very close but i'll take Granger.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2012, 09:48 PM
how the hell did Gay go 6th?

I choose Deng. I think Granger has a strong case as well.

Bruno
07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
probably batum here, i think he is underrated

did you watch USA/France?

Robbw241
07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Gerald Wallace isn't the 7th best SF, but he should obviously be listed. Maggette LMFAO

aussie
07-30-2012, 10:21 PM
aminu??

roshan3ai
07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
You gotta be kidding me. Gay won sixth?

Dade County
07-31-2012, 12:41 AM
I would like Shane Battier added to the list ... thank you.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Continues to be a two horse race.

Lucky.
07-31-2012, 01:23 AM
So I assume you're just gonna go to #9 after this?

Ty_Lawson
07-31-2012, 04:06 AM
There is Dunleavy,Maggette,Hill,Dudley...and there isn't W.Chandler?

Shammyguy3
07-31-2012, 05:46 AM

This. Deng & Granger have very similar overall impacts on the court, just in different ways. I'll take Granger first though because this is on last year, and even though Deng played injured for the entire season basically, Granger came on really well and lead the Pacers woeful inconsistent offense to respectable in my book, and he was the main reason why they were the 3rd seed in the East.

Deng next obviously. Gay at 6th is hilarious. Gerald Wallace what?

bigsams50
07-31-2012, 06:20 AM
I would like Shane Battier added to the list ... thank you.

Battier belongs no where near this list. He is not top 10

D.O.N.
07-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Where's Gerald Wallace?? I'm not sure if he's top10 right now, but if Mike Dunleavy or Jared Dudley or 6'4'' Tyreke Evans is on the list then he should be at least an option.

I voted Deng, but it hard to choose beetween him and Granger....

alexander_37
07-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Deng ?? Are you ****ing kidding me. Granger should have gone at least last round and it's a travesty if he doesn't go this round.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-31-2012, 08:16 AM

This. Deng & Granger have very similar overall impacts on the court, just in different ways. I'll take Granger first though because this is on last year, and even though Deng played injured for the entire season basically, Granger came on really well and lead the Pacers woeful inconsistent offense to respectable in my book, and he was the main reason why they were the 3rd seed in the East.

Deng next obviously. Gay at 6th is hilarious. Gerald Wallace what?

This. But obviously a lot of PSD posters don't seem to understand basketball. To them Flashier = better apparently. Sad but the NBA forum has never been known for its intelligence.

D.O.N.
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Deng ?? Are you ****ing kidding me. Granger should have gone at least last round and it's a travesty if he doesn't go this round.

Granger averaged 41% shooting in the reg season, 39% in the playoff.

I don't doubt he's talent but he had a bad season, so as of right now i take deng.

He's a better defender and played better in the playoffs.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Granger averaged 41% shooting in the reg season, 39% in the playoff.

I don't doubt he's talent but he had a bad season, so as of right now i take deng.

He's a better defender and played better in the playoffs.

Looking at his FG% is misleading cause Granger takes a lot of 3s. What was his TS%?

I could see the argument for Deng but he was way less efficient than Granger in the regular season. While Deng certainly had the better playoffs, he wasn't being guarded by Lebron in the 2nd round. Granger was also pretty decent on defense this year too.

Both Granger and Deng should have gone ahead of Gay though. Gay being at #6 is a freakin joke. Most overrated player on PSD right now

Mile High Champ
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Where's Gerald Wallace?? I'm not sure if he's top10 right now, but if Mike Dunleavy or Jared Dudley or 6'4'' Tyreke Evans is on the list then he should be at least an option.

I voted Deng, but it hard to choose beetween him and Granger....

Sorry. Just realized he was accidentally left off the poll wheni was adding new names. He will be on the next one for sure. He was on number 6.

Toastyy
07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Deng
Granger
Gallo
Batum/Kawhi