PDA

View Full Version : Doan is not needed on this team now

averymustgo
07-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Honestly, I don't think he fits. This is becoming a speed team. The addition of Nash at the expense of AA and Dubinsky who can play center has left the Rangers needing a 3rd line center. Boyle isn't that guy and I don't think Miller is ready yet.

metswon69
07-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I think the Rangers could still use him, he is a very good two way player and with his relationships in the Ranger's organization (in regards to the coaches) he would be a good fit.

He is still a consistent 20-25 goal scorer and the Rangers could use all the offense they can get with Gaborik being out till at least December.

I wouldn't give him 4 yrs/30 million dollars but Doan is a conssumate professional and a strong presence in the locker room who could help this team.

I would make the move if he wants to come here but it's all about price.

nyr1980
07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
He may not be "needed" at this point, though I definitely think he fits the mold of what this team has been about, if not in skill set, certainly then in attitude and action on the ice. He's exactly the kind of player you want on your team, as he's a leader, is willing to sacrifice, and still has plenty of ability to warrant heavy ice-time.

But he's also allegedly seeking a lot of money over a large number of years for a guy who will be 36 in October.
A 4-year deal, which may well be what he winds up getting, is IMO, way too much for any player, particularly power-forward (they don't age well) who is north of 32 or 33.
Couple that with the fact that 40-yeard olds like Jagr and Whitney got deals worth $4.5 mil per year, which is what Doan was making last year, and you have to figure he's looking for upwards of $5-5.5 mil per or better, as this is certainly his last big pay day, and perhaps his last contract.

At that price, if I had to give him any more then 2 years, I'd probably take a pass on Doan, satnd pat, and see what's available at the deadline.

nyr1980
07-30-2012, 06:39 PM
And if someone gives Doan the 4-year, $30 million deal that both ESPN and TSN say he's looking for, than that team is nuts. That amount of money is reserved for elite players and guys who pot forty pucks. Doan has never been elite, nor has he ever scored more than 31 in any season.

IAmARanger18
07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
He fits perfectly in this system, just not for 4 years 30M

NYY09
07-31-2012, 07:40 AM
And if someone gives Doan the 4-year, $30 million deal that both ESPN and TSN say he's looking for, than that team is nuts. That amount of money is reserved for elite players and guys who pot forty pucks. Doan has never been elite, nor has he ever scored more than 31 in any season.

Its a "negotiation" is it not? On top of that who know if that's really true... And yes, some GM's make head scratching moves but to give him 7.5 per is beyond that. Extremely unlikely that 4/30 will be the deal he gets...

nyr2002nyr
07-31-2012, 09:02 AM

Nobody said he was looking for that. He was offered that and at the time only 2 teams made offers Sabres and the Pens and we all know Buffalo didnt make that offer. If he was just all about money he would have jumped all over it. Its never been about money with him its been about staying where he is and keeping his family from moving.

nyr1980
07-31-2012, 11:21 AM
The post on both ESPN and TSN clearly states that he's "looking for" that deal. It is a negotiation for sure, and I don't think Shane Doan is all about the money in any way. If that were the case he'd have left Phoenix years ago. We all know that he wants to stay in the desert.

But think that once he's legitimatey been offered that amount by someone, it's not such a reach to think that someone else will make a similar offer to him. And I can't blame any player for going for all they can in professonthat they can't do for 30-40 years like the rest of us. But that amount of money for Shane Doan at any time in his career is absurd.

apdamico
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
He fits perfectly in this system, just not for 4 years 30M

BINGO!!!!!!:clap:

Redfish
08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I am a big fan of Shane Doan but am concerned he fits in as a 3rd line winger, which makes his likely salary too high. With Nash, Callahan, Hagelin & Kreider as our top 4 wingers to start the season as of now, would Doan then become a 1st line LW and push Hagelin and Kreider down to 2nd and 3rd line LW? Perhaps that is what Sather & Tortorella are thinking, yet when Gaborik returns, that would imply either Hagelin & Kreider would be further pushed down to 3rd & 4th line LW, or Callahan would move to 3rd line RW. I don't see either of these scenarios occurring.

Clearly, Sather is in strong pursuit of Doan. Like I said, I like him and think he would perform well for a few seasons. Yet, after Gaborik returns, we would have a "nice" problem within the forward lineup.

metswon69
08-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Apparently he was in Vancouver today to talk to the Canucks, i guess the only thing that concerns me is that there will be so many teams interested he won't have to accept the Ranger's deal by default.

But who knows, if he comes off of 4 yrs/30 million bucks i expect Sather to be in this till the end.

Ranger71
08-02-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't really believe the 4/30m is something he's not willing to tweak. I think if the Rangers offered 3yrs/20m he'd take it since he really likes where the team is and playing for an Original 6 has appeal. He may go to Vancouver if they offer 4 years. Its probably between us 2.

Redfish
08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't really believe the 4/30m is something he's not willing to tweak. I think if the Rangers offered 3yrs/20m he'd take it since he really likes where the team is and playing for an Original 6 has appeal. He may go to Vancouver if they offer 4 years. Its probably between us 2.

Regarding Vancouver, it has Edler and at least one key forward that will be UFAs going into next season, and the Sedin twins the year after. This tells me the Canucks will likely offer no more than a 3yr deal to give management contract flexibility around resigning the Sedins. Conversely, the Rangers have Gaborik, Callahan, Girardi and Lundqvist to resign in two years, hence, we may not be in a position to offer more than a two year deal. If his family loves the Phoenix area, I'd say with this in mind and the two teams' contract staggering profile, the Canucks have the advantage in signing Doan. Also, from a practical perspective, there is more risk to Doan becoming a 3rd line player with the Rangers than with the Canucks right now. I think I just convinced myself he'll sign with the Canucks.

Ranger71
08-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Right, being its his hometown too its more likely he ends up in Vancouver. The only reason I could see him in NY is they are a little closer to winning IMO and I'd think(speculating)that he'd rather not face the Coyotes that much if he leaves. He is pretty friendly with Nash too which could help. Its really the final piece for us. I don't think the Rangers will re-sign Gaborik but maybe HL and Callahan take a little less to fit him in. Girardi I could see them letting walk if he wants too much, plus he'll be worn down a bit by then. McIlrath and even Skjei/Andersson could be ready by then.

averymustgo
08-02-2012, 02:25 PM
We have too many guys coming up in 2 years. We can't go 3 on his contract. Unless Sather is willing to move Staal or Girardi in 2 years.

Redfish
08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Right, being its his hometown too its more likely he ends up in Vancouver. The only reason I could see him in NY is they are a little closer to winning IMO and I'd think(speculating)that he'd rather not face the Coyotes that much if he leaves. He is pretty friendly with Nash too which could help. Its really the final piece for us. I don't think the Rangers will re-sign Gaborik but maybe HL and Callahan take a little less to fit him in. Girardi I could see them letting walk if he wants too much, plus he'll be worn down a bit by then. McIlrath and even Skjei/Andersson could be ready by then.

I've seen this view expressed more frequently than not and, frankly, it puzzles me. I look at Gaborik's performance as a Ranger and it is a PPG, 40/40 GA profile, with sound defensive performance as well. And the two seasons where he played fully healthy, he pretty much carried the scoring for the team for much of those two seasons. To me, it is a no brainer to resign him. The alternative is we have to look for a comparable free-agent or trade for another elite scorer. I think we'd be better off with simply resigning Gaborik --- winning the Stanley Cup requires the likes of Nash/Richards/Gaborik. Having just two of those three doesn't get us the cup, in my view.

IAmARanger18
08-02-2012, 04:49 PM
So Doan is down to four teams it seems.

Coyotes
Canucks
Rangers
Penguins

nyr2002nyr
08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
We have too many guys coming up in 2 years. We can't go 3 on his contract. Unless Sather is willing to move Staal or Girardi in 2 years.

The only way he can go 3 on Doan is to front load the first 2 a bit more and have a really small hit in year 3

nyr2002nyr
08-03-2012, 09:06 AM
I've seen this view expressed more frequently than not and, frankly, it puzzles me. I look at Gaborik's performance as a Ranger and it is a PPG, 40/40 GA profile, with sound defensive performance as well. And the two seasons where he played fully healthy, he pretty much carried the scoring for the team for much of those two seasons. To me, it is a no brainer to resign him. The alternative is we have to look for a comparable free-agent or trade for another elite scorer. I think we'd be better off with simply resigning Gaborik --- winning the Stanley Cup requires the likes of Nash/Richards/Gaborik. Having just two of those three doesn't get us the cup, in my view.

I wouldnt resign him either. And you dont have to sign another elite sniper if any of the Kids turn into something more(Krieder). And maybe its just me but i have never thought of the words Gaborik and solid defensive performance together before

Redfish
08-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I wouldnt resign him either. And you dont have to sign another elite sniper if any of the Kids turn into something more(Krieder). And maybe its just me but i have never thought of the words Gaborik and solid defensive performance together before

To expect a "kid" to carry a club to Stanley Cup victory is a big risk and asking way too much, in my view. None of our prospects are of Sidney Crosby caliber. Also, putting aside what I've observed, Tortorella himself has stated the need for another top-end goal scorer and commented positively throughout the season about Gaborik being defensively sound. It only seems fair to give Gaborik credit for not taking the route of many snipers who too often only play on half the ice. Finally, a look around the top Cup-contending teams in the NHL suggests 3 top-end goal scorers are needed to win it all, which is what we are after.

Again, I am puzzled by how Gaborik is dismissed as a player we can be indifferent to resigning.

nyr2002nyr
08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
To expect a "kid" to carry a club to Stanley Cup victory is a big risk and asking way too much, in my view. None of our prospects are of Sidney Crosby caliber. Also, putting aside what I've observed, Tortorella himself has stated the need for another top-end goal scorer and commented positively throughout the season about Gaborik being defensively sound. It only seems fair to give Gaborik credit for not taking the route of many snipers who too often only play on half the ice. Finally, a look around the top Cup-contending teams in the NHL suggests 3 top-end goal scorers are needed to win it all, which is what we are after.

Again, I am puzzled by how Gaborik is dismissed as a player we can be indifferent to resigning.

At that point it will be an age and cost thing...We will need to sign someone yes for sure but i rather go younger at that point.

Spock
08-03-2012, 11:22 PM
He may not be "needed" at this point, though I definitely think he fits the mold of what this team has been about, if not in skill set, certainly then in attitude and action on the ice. He's exactly the kind of player you want on your team, as he's a leader, is willing to sacrifice, and still has plenty of ability to warrant heavy ice-time.

But he's also allegedly seeking a lot of money over a large number of years for a guy who will be 36 in October.
A 4-year deal, which may well be what he winds up getting, is IMO, way too much for any player, particularly power-forward (they don't age well) who is north of 32 or 33.
Couple that with the fact that 40-yeard olds like Jagr and Whitney got deals worth $4.5 mil per year, which is what Doan was making last year, and you have to figure he's looking for upwards of $5-5.5 mil per or better, as this is certainly his last big pay day, and perhaps his last contract.

At that price, if I had to give him any more then 2 years, I'd probably take a pass on Doan, satnd pat, and see what's available at the deadline.

I agree with this, I think Doan was the heart and soul of the Coyotes and was certainly gritty in the playoffs stepping up and leading his team. I don't like that we got rid of Dubinsky but we do need someone to fill his spot. And a player like Doan could certainly help.

averymustgo
08-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Dubinsky was a lazy, out of shape dog last year. Looking at the way he's acted since being traded, I don't expect that to change.

ShadyOne
08-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Agree with this...

Gaborik has been everything we wanted when we signed him. Guy has come to play, has produced big time. Even when hurt in the 2nd season, guy came out and played because we needed him to. And played with basically one arm this last playoff run, didn't say a word, and gutted it out, because we needed him to. Injury/age concerns aside, the guy has been as good for us as we could have asked. Shown he can be the only legit scoring threat and still produce. Wouldn't be happy if he doesn't end up finishing his career here.

And very excited to see how he performs when he is healthy, and playing alongside Kreider, Richards, and Nash. Gonna be fun...

nyr2002nyr
08-07-2012, 08:14 AM
"Just when you thought you had a grasp on the Shane Doan situation, another report surfaces with contrasting news.

In an interview with TSN on Saturday, Doan emphasized that his goal was to remain a Coyote, and that looking outside of Phoenix was simply due diligence (see story).

But according to New York Post columnist Larry Brooks, via ProHockeyTalk, Doan is "believed to have narrowed his sights on Manhattan, Pittsburgh and Vancouver.""

averymustgo
08-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Brooks is completely clueless 90% of the time. He had the Rangers giving away half their team for Nash in the beginning. Then he said they weren't offering anybody of note. Then when they made the deal, he talks about lack of depth. In reality, Nash replaced AA. Pyatt replaced Dubinsky and Erixon wasn't on the team last year so it doesn't matter.

theProdigy223
08-07-2012, 11:44 AM
If Doan comes here, it will NOT be for 4/30. A 7.5m hit is just not feasible for that long when we have so many RFAs starting next year. McDonagh and Stepan will want, and deserve, big raises.

If we get him for 2 years, I'm for it. Id be ok with Boyle as a 3rd line center if he ends up playing with Hagelin and Doan (once Gabby is back that is). Either way, the third line still needs to be addressed. The Nash trade was a steal, but the third line remains far too thin.

nyr1980
08-07-2012, 12:22 PM
They can definitely use a body for the thirs line, but at this point, the high-end depth is so much better than it was at the outset of last season.

Last year, going into the season, the top 6 was looking like:
Richards
Gaborik
Callahan
Dubinsky
Stepan
Anisimov (and he's a cusp player there at best)

Now, they're looking like:
Richards
Callahan
Nash
Stepan
Kreider
Hagelin
Gaborik (when he is healthy)

Adding Kreider, Nash, and Hags at the expense of Dubi and AA is huge.

It surely thins the 3rd line/bottom six, as does the loss of Prust, but no matter the team, it is driven offensively by the top-6.

Even the loss of Prust is, IMO, off set by the acquisiton of Pyatt. As much as I like Prust, Pyatt is at least as good, if not better, and certainly better as he's not coming at $10 mill over 4 years.

Halpern is beter than Mitchell as well.

averymustgo
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Would Doan make the team better? Yes. Obviously. However, at the end of this year and next, the team has a lot of RFA's and UFA's that will want big raises. You can't lock Doan up for more than 2 years. Doan has never had any balls leaving the Yotes. He'll go back there.

nyr1980
08-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Im still leaning towards him going back to the desert. he's said all along that's what he wants to do and that's the reason he's waiting around so long, so that he can.

Camps all open around 12 September, and if going back to Phoenix meant he'd have to wait until 11 September to decide, my feeling is that he would do precisely that.

Any more than 2 years is an awful risk with him.

bsi
08-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Im still leaning towards him going back to the desert. he's said all along that's what he wants to do and that's the reason he's waiting around so long, so that he can.

Camps all open around 12 September, and if going back to Phoenix meant he'd have to wait until 11 September to decide, my feeling is that he would do precisely that.

Any more than 2 years is an awful risk with him.

I'm sure he'll want time to move though if Phoenix isn't able to resign him, the time for that is getting short I'd say, I expect him to sign somewhere by the end of next week.

apdamico
08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Well we will soon find out if either the Rangers or Pittsburg was the Eastern team that offered the ridiculous 4-year contract at 30 million. I really don't think that offer came from Sather and agree with the majority on this board that 2-years is the most we should be looking to offer.

nyr1980
08-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree. I don't think Sather would do that at this point. For as much flak as he's gotten for some of the contracts he's given out over the years, and justifiably so, I think a lot of that came out of desperation and the total s**t product he was given to start with when he took over in the summer of 2000.

On Doan, 2 years is ideal, and maybe I'd go a third for the right cap number in a front-loaded deal. But they need to walk if he insists on 4 years or really big money.

In that event, they should look to Arnott.

MJL80
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
If Doan ends up resigning with Phoenix, do you guys think we target Arnott or Sykora for 3rd line depth? Both had pretty solid seasons last year considering their age

averymustgo
08-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Obviously Arnott has been told by a team to wait. My guess is to see where Doan goes. Who knows. Maybe Sather told Arnott to sit tight and that if he doesn't get Doan, he's willing to bring him in for a year.

NYY09
08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I think with his skill-set, much like Nash, Doan would be a huge addition, even more so than people realize. Having a top 6 of Nash, Gabby, Richards, Cally, Stepan, and Doan with guys like Kreider and Hags on the bottom six make it an extremely deep team.

The speed Kreider and Hags provide, along with easily being able to play top-6 minutes give Torts a very flexible top-9, if you will. All-in-all a match-up nightmare for defenses.

But yes, he clearly isn't needed per se but man what an addition he would make. Personally, I see Doan signing with the Rangers for a 1 or 2 yr deal. The chance at a cup has to drive a player like Doan. I mean all those years of being a good soldier on subpar teams, yikes. And conversely, if his desire isn't a cup would you want him...?

MJL80
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Read earlier that it's looking like Doan is going to stay in Phoenix for 4 years and close out his career with the Yotes. Arnott?

From Bleacher Report (I know, BR is BS alot of the time, so don't shoot the messenger):

William DePaoli of Inside Pittsburgh Sports is reporting free agent Shane Doan is close to signing a new, four-year deal with the Phoenix Coyotes. The article cites prospective owner Greg Jamison, who has had an on-again, off-again relationship with regards to this purchase, making progress towards acquiring the Phoenix franchise, this time securing some investors.

Mike Sunnucks' article for the Phoenix Business Journal backs up this claim, stating Jamison has found several partners to back him.

Two sources with knowledge of the three-year-old Coyotes ownership saga say Jamison now has the investors and partners in place to finally buy the Coyotes and a deal could close very soon.

One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.

If Jamison is in fact close to acquiring the Coyotes, the soap opera that has been the Shane Doan sweepstakes should end. Doan has done his due diligence looking at other teams to see if he would be a fit should Phoenix not be an option. If Phoenix ownership stabilizes, Doan's priority all along was to return to the only franchise he's ever played for.

One nugget DePaoli gave in his article was the New York Rangers being the clear No. 2 favorite behind the Coyotes. His past relationships with the coaching staff (John Tortorella and Jim Schoenfeld were coaches in Phoenix and he was a teammate of Mike Sullivan's) along with New York's talented team were of interest to the 'Yotes captain.

It also makes you wonder if Glen Sather was prepared to offer Doan a four-year deal similar to one rumored all along.

What does the news mean? Shane Doan looks to be going back to where he never wanted to leave.

NYY09
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Finally, it's over :clap:

nyr2002nyr
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Well we will soon find out if either the Rangers or Pittsburg was the Eastern team that offered the ridiculous 4-year contract at 30 million. I really don't think that offer came from Sather and agree with the majority on this board that 2-years is the most we should be looking to offer.

Ugh it was the Pens

averymustgo
08-11-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm sick of Doan. I think what he's done here is a disgrace. I don't think that moron ever had any intention of leaving the Yotes. He's simply using other teams to get more money. Sather should give him the finger and move on.

Redfish
08-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm sick of Doan. I think what he's done here is a disgrace. I don't think that moron every had any intention of leaving the Yotes. He's simply using other teams to get more money. Sather should give him the finger and move on.

Doan was candid, both publicly and privately, his first priority was to remain with the Coyotes and would give that organization every possible chance to resign him. You are simply inaccurate with the statement he used other teams simply to to get more money. The evidence overwhelmingly shows this to not be true. His discussions accelerated as it looked more and more likely the Coyotes would ultimately be relocated and he would be a NY Ranger today if the investor group did not surprisingly come up with the last $20 million needed to satisfy NHL concerns. All NHL teams that expressed interest in Doan understood these dynamics from the beginning and were happy to have a shot at signing him. There are no ill feelings at all amongst the parties involved. It was all handled professionally.

averymustgo
08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
He's a dirtbag who has used other teams as leverage. It happens a lot. Doan could have and should have made his decision 2 weeks ago. He's acted like a clown. All the teams should take their offers off the table and make him crawl back for a lot less.

bsi
08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
He's a dirtbag who has used other teams as leverage. It happens a lot. Doan could have and should have made his decision 2 weeks ago. He's acted like a clown. All the teams should take their offers off the table and make him crawl back for a lot less.

Doan was waiting on Phoenix to figure out what they were doing, he couldn't make a decision until they knew what was going on with their franchise. He was touring the other teams and seeing what was available incase Phoenix didn't work out, I don't blame him really but I still think his personal valuation was outlandish.

ELIte10
08-12-2012, 03:34 PM
If we need to sign him for 4 years it's not worth it, but if we can get him on a front-loaded 3 year deal I would love it. That gives this team a lot of leadership with Cally, Richards, Nash and Doan.

Garden Faithful
08-12-2012, 09:43 PM

So he's a dirtbag because he's a free agent doing what every other player does?

averymustgo
08-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Don't turn into a sulking baby Garden because your Staal point was idiotic. Move on.

nyr2002nyr
08-13-2012, 08:16 AM

You seriously are off base

Garden Faithful
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't turn into a sulking baby Garden because your Staal point was idiotic. Move on.

I <3 you! :love:

nyr2002nyr
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
"ESPN's John Buccigross reports that the Buffalo Sabres are offering Shane Doan the lucrative deal he's been asking for.

Most specifically, Buccigross says the offer would be for four-years and around $30 million. It would be a 35+ contract if that rule carries over in the next CBA.

After "Pegulamania" ran wild last summer with big contracts for Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino, it seemed like Buffalo was keen to take a more measured approach this offseason.

Doan would fit in with the beef up Buffalo campaign, however.

GM Darcy Regier signed tough guy John Scott and traded Derek Roy for agitator Steve Ott to make the Sabres "more difficult to play against" next season. Adding Doan to the mix would continue that trend.

If Doan accepts that deal, he'd register a team-high $7.5 million cap hit, more than Thomas Vanek's hefty $7.14 million mark."

averymustgo
08-23-2012, 06:22 AM
This tool still hasn't signed. What a joke. At this point, Doan should retire and go away.

nyr2002nyr
08-23-2012, 08:05 AM
This tool still hasn't signed. What a joke. At this point, Doan should retire and go away.

The man is a FA he can sign when he wants.

averymustgo
08-23-2012, 09:06 AM
I'll laugh if GM's at this point figure there will be a lockout and don't sign him because of that. Figuring, they won't attempt to sign him until an agreement is done. Thus, paying him this year based on the part of the season that is left.

Ranger71
08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
If he comes East at all it will be to NY, even for a lesser deal. He likes this team and knows they have the best shot to win. He won't spend 4 years living in Buffalo. I'm resigned to the fact he's either staying in Phoenix or will go to Vancouver who's offering 4 years.

nyr2002nyr
08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
If he was doing it to get more $$$ it would bother me. But the man has said from day 1 he wants to stay where he is and not uproot his family. If he stays and they dont have a deal in place he will then be uprooted to wherever they want to move the team to. So i understand him waiting and making the decision based on where he wants to go. If it was all about $$ he would have jumped all over Buffalos offer nobody will give him more then that not even close

IAmARanger18
08-24-2012, 01:39 PM
The longer he takes to sign, the more I feel he is staying on Phoenix, because if these rumors are true that the Sabres have a 4 year offer, the Jets have a 4 year offer, the Rangers have a 2-3 year offer and he hasn't accepted it yet, he is waiting for Phoenix to give him the right price.

Ranger71
08-24-2012, 05:27 PM
They said today he'll definately be signing somewhere before the lockout, so if the Phoenix thing isn't cleared up he'll probably pick between Vancouver and the Rangers.

bsi
08-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd be really surprised if Doan showed up here after Buffalo giving an offer of 30 mill for him, that contract isn't gonna work here.

Ranger71
08-24-2012, 05:57 PM
That's the thing though, its about winning in his last few years so I don't think he'd go to Buffalo for an extra 1m/1y overall. If the Rangers offer something like 3y/20m it would put them right there with Vancouver.

bsi
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
That's the thing though, its about winning in his last few years so I don't think he'd go to Buffalo for an extra 1m/1y overall. If the Rangers offer something like 3y/20m it would put them right there with Vancouver.

I still don't think he's worth over 6 a year and if I was guessing, and offer from our team would be in the 3/18 range. I doubt he leaves 12 million and a year on the table even if he thinks he has a better chance of a cup here. But that's just my opinion.

nyr2002nyr
08-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I still don't think he's worth over 6 a year and if I was guessing, and offer from our team would be in the 3/18 range. I doubt he leaves 12 million and a year on the table even if he thinks he has a better chance of a cup here. But that's just my opinion.

3/18 is still to much for me...He made what 4.2 last year? No need for a raise the Sabres can have him

bsi
08-26-2012, 02:36 PM
3/18 is still to much for me...He made what 4.2 last year? No need for a raise the Sabres can have him

Ya, it would be an overpayment but there's very little available so his price will be higher due to demand but the 30 mill offer is ridiculous.

nyr2002nyr
08-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Ya, it would be an overpayment but there's very little available so his price will be higher due to demand but the 30 mill offer is ridiculous.

Im not sur what shocks me more the 4/30 offer or the fact Buffalo made it