PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

House
07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Key notes:

- Sidney Rice was in a No-contact Red jersey yesterday. He dropped it today on his own accord.

- Golden Tate made his debut today. He made several catches, including a nice diving catch.

- The QB battle will continue to be a 3-headed monster. Some have thought of it being a 2-man (Jackson and Flynn) race. Coach Carroll says he has a formula to decide the starter.

- Chris Clemons showed up to camp yesterday and was practicing with the 1st team. Irvin (who had been working 1st team, bumped down to Team 2). Irvin is excited that Clemons is there and is eager to learn from him.

furmat60
07-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Some good stuff!

HAWKS-FAN-4LIFE
07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm going next Saturday to Training camp. Any recommendations on what time I should get there to get a good spot. Any recommendations on where to sit? Thanks..

FWBrodie
07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I'll be there Sunday. I'd recommend standing up front, but you can move around.

FWBrodie
07-29-2012, 11:03 PM
RENTON, Wash.--Seahawk thoughts 1: Golden Tate most impressive 'Hawk I saw in long practice, w/1 diving catch+1 leaping one. It's time ...

Seahawk thoughts 2: Pete plans to play 1st-rder Bruce Irvin more at speed-rusher than SF's Aldon Smith did (506 plays) as rookie ...

Seahawk thoughts 3: Most impressive rookie: 4th-rd RB Robert Turbin, who may be needed early+often if Lynch is whacked by NFL for DUI.

Seahawk thoughts 4: Sidney Rice tells me he's aiming to be healthy wk 1 ... QB race could go any of 3 ways. Russell Wilson absolutely in it.
-Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

FWBrodie
07-29-2012, 11:04 PM
RENTON, Wash.--Seahawk thoughts 1: Golden Tate most impressive 'Hawk I saw in long practice, w/1 diving catch+1 leaping one. It's time ...

Seahawk thoughts 2: Pete plans to play 1st-rder Bruce Irvin more at speed-rusher than SF's Aldon Smith did (506 plays) as rookie ...

Seahawk thoughts 3: Most impressive rookie: 4th-rd RB Robert Turbin, who may be needed early+often if Lynch is whacked by NFL for DUI.

Seahawk thoughts 4: Sidney Rice tells me he's aiming to be healthy wk 1 ... QB race could go any of 3 ways. Russell Wilson absolutely in it.
-Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

dswift
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Good **** I like to hear that Turbin is doing well because I have little faith in our passing game. #Run/Defense#

NateyB24
07-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Is it just me or do you guys think T-Jack will be cut if he doesn't take a pay cut?

NateyB24
07-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Charlie Casserly just said we would win 6 games this season and he suggested we tank :facepalm:

Now wonder he doesn't have a job in a front office.

furmat60
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Is it just me or do you guys think T-Jack will be cut if he doesn't take a pay cut?

That's all going to depend on how Wilson/Flynn perform in training camp and into pre-season.

kyuss275
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Yesterday i read that Flynn had a great day. Was quite good on 2 minute drill.

T-Jack looked bad all over. Was throwing everything at players feet.

Wilson for the 2nd day in a row is having problems seeing over line. He has to jump pass to make up for his height.

Tate had a monster day and so did Obomanu.

Wagner was playing with the first unit and calling plays.

That is all i can remember.

FWBrodie
07-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Charlie Casserly just said we would win 6 games this season and he suggested we tank :facepalm:

Now wonder he doesn't have a job in a front office.

Casserly is about as old school as you can get. Not surprising that an innovative team freaks him out.

kyuss275
08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Anybody know a good web site that covers hawks training camp?

I could only find websites that covered the first 2 days and then nothing.

I went to seahawks main website which covers everyday, but the are not objective. They only tell the good things that are happening.

NateyB24
08-03-2012, 01:24 PM
You can watch 60Mins of Seahawks practice live

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html

Pretty cool you can also go back and watch the other practices there 50M+ long vids though.

NateyB24
08-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Yesterday i read that Flynn had a great day. Was quite good on 2 minute drill.

T-Jack looked bad all over. Was throwing everything at players feet.

Wilson for the 2nd day in a row is having problems seeing over line. He has to jump pass to make up for his height.

Tate had a monster day and so did Obomanu.

Wagner was playing with the first unit and calling plays.

That is all i can remember.

Kind of worrisome that Caroll hasn't named a starter yet like they are all equal and not one is standing out i think the guy should be named at least by the 2nd game when you play your starters more.

kyuss275
08-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Kind of worrisome that Caroll hasn't named a starter yet like they are all equal and not one is standing out i think the guy should be named at least by the 2nd game when you play your starters more.

It's early and lots of time till the 1st pre-season game. I am not convinced Caroll see's them now as all equals. Just by going through internet sites and seahawks main page, it does not sound like T-Jack has had as good as camp as Flynn or Wilson. Could be wrong because these articles could be biased.

FWBrodie
08-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I think I'm ready to go all-in on Wilson. I don't like Flynn's mannerisms or unathleticness. He seems sluggish and unconfident.

Seattle4Ever
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I think I'm ready to go all-in on Wilson. I don't like Flynn's mannerisms or unathleticness. He seems sluggish and unconfident.

I think every rookie QB needs a year off. Some people even say Luck and RG3 shouldn't be thrown into the fire their first year (although I disagree). I think Flynn is good enough to keep us in games like Tarvaris, but take us to the next level, for the time being. He can manage games, but is also a much more accurate passer, makes better reads, and was taught by Rodgers.

Let him start this year, and let him and Wilson really fight for the spot next year.

FWBrodie
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Tomorrow's the day. Yeah baby. Gonna be watching Bruuuuce get loose, Jason Jones, Robert Turbo, Dangeruss Wilson, Braylon, Phil Bates, Kellen, Golden, and the rest on a 100 degree day. Betcha the Hawks do something for the fans in the heat too. Can't wait. Anybody have anything I should look for? Anything you want me to check out and report back?

furmat60
08-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Tomorrow's the day. Yeah baby. Gonna be watching Bruuuuce get loose, Jason Jones, Robert Turbo, Dangeruss Wilson, Braylon, Phil Bates, Kellen, Golden, and the rest on a 100 degree day. Betcha the Hawks do something for the fans in the heat too. Can't wait. Anybody have anything I should look for? Anything you want me to check out and report back?

I read reports that Wilson is by far the best looking QB we have right now. From completing throws to moving well behind the line to reads, everything. Watch out for that for me. Also, I want to know how Tate looks on his route running. And, maybe report back on how Wagner is doing. I hear he has been calling a lot of the plays on defense.

ccg34
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm hoping Russell Wilson gets the job. He has all the tools you ask from a leader. He seems like a bright guy who knows what he is doing. He has what it takes to overcome his height.

someone start the Preseason Week 1 thread. I'm too lazy to start it. It is less then one week away.

NateyB24
08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
CB Jeremy Lane gets booted from practice for punching WR Golden Tate after a scuffle in a pile. -- Curtis Crabtree (@Curtis_Crabtree)

jej
08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I have heard good things about Wilson, but I am down for starting Flynn for a year or two. We signed him to a pretty big contract for him to not play.

NateyB24
08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I have heard good things about Wilson, but I am down for starting Flynn for a year or two. We signed him to a pretty big contract for him to not play.

Even though i think Flynn will start we didn't sign him to a contract that says he is the guy so don't be surprised if it isn't him.

House
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM
In the scrimmage today, Lynch broke a 70-yd run and Irvin chased him down and got him at the 10-yd line. I am excited to see our DEFENSE this season!!!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018856867_seahawks_run_80.html

JiffyMix88
08-06-2012, 09:36 AM
hey got a question have any of ya'll been watching the camps to know how well golden tate has looked because every year i got high hopes for the guy and draft him but every year he has let me down so far.

NateyB24
08-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Tate looks great in camp but he always looks great in camp hoping he takes the next step but who knows.

NateyB24
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
T-Jack took all the reps yesterday interesting.

FWBrodie
08-06-2012, 01:30 PM
CB Jeremy Lane gets booted from practice for punching WR Golden Tate after a scuffle in a pile. -- Curtis Crabtree (@Curtis_Crabtree)

Funny, you guys are already all over the things I was going to talk about from yesterday.

Tate was battling Lane all day. They had to be separated once after a play and then this happened in the middle of a big offense vs defense skirmish. Tate literally dragged Lane out of the pile by his jersey. Lane got up and punched him in the face (he had a helmet on). I think Tate had it coming. Nobody seemed too mad about it afterwards, it was just getting a little too chippy.

FWBrodie
08-06-2012, 01:36 PM
In the scrimmage today, Lynch broke a 70-yd run and Irvin chased him down and got him at the 10-yd line. I am excited to see our DEFENSE this season!!!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018856867_seahawks_run_80.html

Yep, this was amazing. Lynch broke through at the LOS and was almost immediately behind the entire defense. All of the sudden a defensive player comes flying from behind and catches him probably 50 yards down the field. I'm thinking to myself, "daaaamn Sherman is fast as hell." Then I realize it was Irvin. I was shocked. His pursuit ability is going to save touchdowns at some point.

As for pass rushing, he's obviously very fast. He wasn't dominating or anything, but he's an obvious upgrade to the defense.

FWBrodie
08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
T-Jack took all the reps yesterday interesting.

That's not true. All three QB's took plenty of reps. Jackson was probably given the most first team reps. They have been rotating so that's normal.

I was underwhelmed by Flynn. The ball comes out faster than Jackson, but it has noticeably less zip than the other two QB's. Flynn is also going to have a tough time evading pressure for very long. He's just not athletic. Jackson, as usual, looks sturdy and athletic, is making some nice throws and then there is the play where he holds for waaay too long and is sacked as well as a few errant throws to nobody. Both Jackson and Flynn were not impressive on the day.

Wilson looked the best, and it wasn't close. He was quick, decisive, looked athletic in the pocket and taking off for some yards on the ground. It's impossible to really evaluate them fairly without knowing the plays and obviously I can't pay attention to what every receiver is doing, but on the surface it looked like Wilson was the best QB on the field. He's kind of a hybrid of Jackson's and Flynn's best qualities. Arm, athleticism of Jackson, quick reads and good decisions of Flynn.

NateyB24
08-06-2012, 01:54 PM
That's not true. All three QB's took plenty of reps. Jackson was probably given the most first team reps. They have been rotating so that's normal.

I was underwhelmed by Flynn. The ball comes out faster than Jackson, but it has noticeably less zip than the other two QB's. Flynn is also going to have a tough time evading pressure for very long. He's just not athletic. Jackson, as usual, looks sturdy and athletic, is making some nice throws and then there is the play where he holds for waaay too long and is sacked as well as a few errant throws to nobody. Both Jackson and Flynn were not impressive on the day.

Wilson looked the best, and it wasn't close. He was quick, decisive, looked athletic in the pocket and taking off for some yards on the ground. It's impossible to really evaluate them fairly without knowing the plays and obviously I can't pay attention to what every receiver is doing, but on the surface it looked like Wilson was the best QB on the field. He's kind of a hybrid of Jackson's and Flynn's best qualities. Arm, athleticism of Jackson, quick reads and good decisions of Flynn.

Yea, I guess i should of made myself more clear Jackson took all of the 1st team reps at practice Flynn worked with the 2nd group and Wilson with the 3rd.

Funny, you guys are already all over the things I was going to talk about from yesterday.

Tate was battling Lane all day. They had to be separated once after a play and then this happened in the middle of a big offense vs defense skirmish. Tate literally dragged Lane out of the pile by his jersey. Lane got up and punched him in the face (he had a helmet on). I think Tate had it coming. Nobody seemed too mad about it afterwards, it was just getting a little too chippy.

Yea, Every time i hear Tate he sounds like a diva without the stats to back it up.

FWBrodie
08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
hey got a question have any of ya'll been watching the camps to know how well golden tate has looked because every year i got high hopes for the guy and draft him but every year he has let me down so far.

Tate looked good, but yeah I said that last year and the year before. He's definitely in his own class athletically.

Lockette had an ugly drop. Sidney was back in the red jersey. Baldwin was no-pads. Durham was kind of meh, but at the end he made a pretty awesome jumping catch way down the field and never got back up. He got way up for it and brought it down though. Didn't see Edwards at all. Winslow looked good. You could mistake him for a big wideout.

Edit: it wasn't Phil Bates I was impressed with. It was WR Charly Martin.

Mojo76
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Its all over twitter that Owens impressed at workouts..he is expected to sign.. Sorry no links guys typing from my phone.

NateyB24
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Even though i am not a huge fan of this it's refreshing to know Caroll isn't like Ruskell who would avoid head cases he would rather have the garbage players that didn't have a history opposed to talent.

FWBrodie
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah ran the 40 under 4.5.

shen
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Yup, he can run pretty fast in a strait line with no one trying to guard him, real impressive.

shen
08-06-2012, 05:35 PM
For the record while I think his 40 times is being blown out of proportion I do think for a 39 year old who has had problems with his knees that is pretty good. Just don't think it will translate to on field production.

Burleson81
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I guess Rice still wearing a red shirt and young guns being mediocre plays a factor to signing T.O. Not sure how I feel about this one.

NateyB24
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I guess Rice still wearing a red shirt and young guns being mediocre plays a factor to signing T.O. Not sure how I feel about this one.

Rice is cleared to play he just had 2 shoulder surgery's our Offensive Coordinator needs to stop having him run slant patterns to get him smacked around he needs to stretch the field on the outside.

furmat60
08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks! So it's true then, Wilson is showing everyone up. And that's good for Tate! Can't wait to see some pre-season games to see where players are at!

kyuss275
08-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks! So it's true then, Wilson is showing everyone up. And that's good for Tate! Can't wait to see some pre-season games to see where players are at!

I am not sure what to believe? In most articles i have read it seems Flynn has had the best camp, not a great camp, but best of the 3. Wilson has had a good camp also, and it seemed to me that T-jack was on his way out. Now Carroll comes out and say's about T-Jack:

"He's working with the first unit," Carroll said, via the Tacoma Tribune News. "I can't make it any more obvious than that."

To me it sounds like he eyes T-Jack as the starter for now.

NateyB24
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Browner just laid out Owens WOW.

House
08-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Browner just laid out Owens WOW.

Are you @ Camp right now?

NateyB24
08-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Are you @ Camp right now?

No i was watching the live stream they had a close up of the WR group because of T.O was a pretty good picture.

House
08-08-2012, 03:58 PM
T.O.'s press conference today... He sounds (like he should) to be a DIFFERENT guy.
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/BingTrainingCampLive---Day-10/27035608-a5a3-44c3-a8b8-3cb9a9f7f579#?id=312afccb-b4bd-4043-894a-d3c6a5cf9e67&channelName=Recent

NateyB24
08-10-2012, 02:34 AM
RENTON, Wash. -- Those of us interviewing the Seattle Seahawks' Michael Robinson perked up Thursday when the veteran fullback compared one of his rookie teammates to all-world linebacker Patrick Willis.

Wagner
Robinson sees similarities between Willis, his former teammate with the San Francisco 49ers, and Seahawks second-round draft choice Bobby Wagner.

"I call him a baby Patrick Willis because I hadn't seen a linebacker move like that since Pat," Robinson said.

Wagner has much to learn, of course. Robinson wasn't saying Wagner was already playing at a Pro Bowl level. But he does see great potential.

The back-and-forth went like this once I asked Robinson about Wagner (we were speaking previously of K.J. Wright, another Seahawks linebacker):

Robinson: "Very explosive. He is a guy that can run sideline to sideline. He's learning. He's still a young guy learning how to get off blocks in the National Football League. But he is going to be another special player one day. I call him a baby Patrick Willis because I hadn't seen a linebacker move like that since Pat."

Reporter: "Really?"

Robinson: "I mean, it's the truth. I've been against both of them. He's fast, he's explosive and again, just the way he slips blocks and it seems like he is always going toward the ball. He's not worried about getting blocked. He's learning. Obviously, he is still young. But he definitely has the ability."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71125/ex-49er-sees-baby-patrick-willis-in-seattle

High praise for Wagner from Robinson.