PDA

View Full Version : Offseason summary and early team evaluation.

Aleksandar
07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Well, with the free agency nearing the end, teams are already starting to take shape. Except for Dwight Howard, I don't see any more landscape changing trades happening.

EAST:

1. Miami

Anthony/Haslem
Bosh/Lewis
James/Battier/Jones
Wade/Allen
Chalmers/Cole

Looking to repeat, pretty much same team as last year with a great addition in Ray Allen. Despite advancing age, I expect a very productive year. And Chalmers seems to be slowly improving, under the radar(figuring out how to use playing with superstars to his advantage).

2. Boston

Garnett/Wilcox/JCollins
Bass/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Lee/Terry
Rondo/Dooling

Amazing offseason by Ainge. Added a lot of depth with Terry(his scoring of the bench was just what C's needed), recovering Jeff Green. Jared Sullinger may end up being a steal of the draft. And Courtney Lee deal was a bargain, very underrated player. But we'll see how Garnett and Pierce hold up.

3. Indiana

Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee
West/Hansbrough
Granger/Green
George/Stephenson
Hill/DJAugustin

Another solid offseason by Pacers' FO. Tweaked the roster just a bit to improve depth with Augustin,Gerald Green and Mahinmi. Solid core, good depth, I can see them ending up just under Miami and Boston.

4. Brooklyn

Lopez/Evans
Humphries/Teletovic
Wallace/Stackhouse
Johnson/Brooks/Bogans
Williams/CJWatson

Pretty damn good offseason, at least in terms of bouncing back from Howard fiasco. Healthy Lopez and Johnson completing the starting five. Good backups in Evans and CJWatson. Teletovic may emerge as a fine player. Kept Marshon Brooks through trades to come off the bench as well. I can see Williams finally getting what he wanted, a team able to compete.

5. New York

Chandler/Camby
Stoudamire/KThomas/Copeland
Anthony/Novak/White
Brewer/JRSmith/Shumpert
Kidd/Felton/Prigioni

Patched the team a bit. No idea what to expect of them, really.

6. Chicago

Noah/Mohammed
Boozer/Gibson
Deng/JButler/Radmanovic
Hamilton/Belinelli
Hinrich/MTeague/Rose?

With Rose out most of the year, and losing Asik, Watson and Korver, and mild additions in Bellinelli and Hinrich, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm not really familiar with this team, but then again, they were top seed last year, can't imagine them falling any lower than 6th..

7. Atlanta

Horford/Pachulia/Petro
Smith/IJohnson
DStevenson/Korver
LWilliams/Morrow/JJenkins
JTeague/Harris

Looks like a mess to me, but at least they got rid of Johnson's massive contract and can look to retool/rebuild. Still too strong to be out of the playoff picture, but not getting past first round either. I expect Ferry to get them back into competition in the coming years.

8. Milwaukee

Dalembert/Gooden
Ilyiasova/Henson/Udoh
Mbah Moute/Dunleavy
Ellis/DLamb
Jennings/Udrih

Solid offseason, added important defensive anchor they lacked last year, Dalembert. Hanson seems to be a good pick, Doron Lamb a good second round steal as well. Iliyasova should make another leap this year. May get a much higher seed as well, but getting into playoffs is minimum.

9. Philadephia

Hawes/LAllen/Vucevic
Young/Moultrie
Iguodala/Harkless/DWright
Turner/NYoung
Holiday

I think Brand loss hurts them a lot. They have a young and talented bunch now, but unless some of them emerge, they may not get into playoffs. Iguodala remains their best player, although they may be looking to move him.

10. Toronto

Valanciunas
Bargnani/AJohnson/EDavis
DeRozan/Kleiza
Ross/Fields
Lowry/Lucas/Calderon

I'm starting to like this team a lot. Excellent acquisition in Lowry, rebounded well after Nash ditched their 12mil. Big expectations on rookies Valanciunas and Terrence Ross. DeRozan may thrive in SF position and Bargnani at PF maybe. Looking forward to seeing them in action. May even get into playoffs, considering how East got weaker this year.

11. Washington

Okafor
Nene/Vesely/Seraphin/Booker
Ariza/Singleton
Beal/Crawford
Wall/AJPrice

Love the way they transformed their team. Removed knuckleheads and added solid veteran player. John Wall should finally thrive, and start fulfilling his potential, leading this kind of team. On the other hand, they killed financial flexibility, and settled into mediocrity. I think they might be due for a playoff appearance, we'll see when season goes under way.

12. Detroit

Monroe/Drummond
Daye/Jerebko/Villanueva/Maxiell
Prince/Magette
WBuynum
Stuckey/Knight

A complete mess of a team for some time now, I still remember that coach boycott and stuff. They have some nice pieces though.

13. Cleveland

Varejao/Zeller
Thompson/Samuels/Walton
Gee/Casspi/Harangody/Azubuike
Waiters
Irving/Gibson

Stood pat in this free agency, continuing to tank young players. Bad drafting last couple of years really. Valanciunas+Robinson would be better probably, but who knows, maybe Thompson+Waiters turns out to be fine as well. Expecting Zeller to become a serviceable center. Irving is a beast, but may be injury prone..

14. Orlando

Ayon/?Howard
Davis/Nicholson
Turkoglu/QRichardson
JRichardson/Reddick
Nelson/Duhon

Just terrible, especially after letting Ryan Anderson go, and resigning Jameer Nelson. Some old and washed up players on this roster.. We'll see what they get in return for Howard, but they aren't getting into playoffs anyway.

15. Charlotte

Mullens/Haywood/Diop
Biyombo/Thomas
Kidd-Gilchrist/RWilliams/Taylor
Gordon/Henderson/Carroll
Walker/Sessions

Michael Jordan may be a worst team owner ever. But at least he didn't trade that 2nd pick and took an extremely talented player in MKG. I don't think Kemba Walker will ever be a starter caliber player for a serious team, but if Jordan believes in him, who am I to question him? Can't guess how Biyombo turns out, but they say he showed some promise last year. Again MKG may be only worthwhile piece they have..

West:

1. OKC

Perkins/Collison/Thabeet/Aldrich
Ibaka
Durant/PJones
Sefolosha/Harden/Cook
Westbrook/Maynor

A clear favorite here. Should continue their steady development and challenge Miami for a championship again. Maybe it's this year?

2. San Antonio

Diaw/Blair/Splitter/Bonner
Duncan
Leonard/Jackson
Ginobili/Green/Neal
Parker/Mills

Kept the last year's team. Old, but under Popovic's smart leadership they can have another top notch regular season.

3. Lakers

Buynum/Hill
Gason/Jamison/McRoberts
Artest/Ebanks
Bryant/Eyenga
Nash/Blake/Morris

It's Steve Nash, they can easily get a top seed as well, and perhaps win another championship. But it's early to say until the games start. Lousy bench, but Jamison and Jordan Hill additions provide them some much needed depth. Glaring hole at SF is another reason for concern. Artest or World Peace or whatever his name is, is now too washed up, and let's not forget, a mental case.

4. Clippers

Jordan/Hollins
Griffin/Odom/Thompkins
Butler/Hill
Billups/Crawford
Paul/Bledsoe

Made some good veteran additions this offseason. Grant Hill is as professional as they come, and if Billups can get back to normal, that alone will elevate them to another level. Crawford may be useful of the bench, and Odom was a good player before the.. offcourt issues. But I'm not sure if they can get past second round.

5. Minnesota

Pekovic/Stiemsma
Love/DWilliams/Cunningham
Krilenko/Budinger
Shved/Roy
Rubio/Ridnour/Barea

My team, so pretty much counting on a best case scenario. Rubio recovering well from injury, Pekovic taking another big step, Kirilenko being aggressive and team oriented player, staying healthy. Shved adjusting to NBA. Brandon
Roy being able to contribute. Budinger was a steal. Anyway, the team is much improved from last year, so fighting for 8th seed should be the least we expect.

6. Memphis

MGasol/Speights
Randolph/Arthur
Gay/Pondexter
TAllen/Wroten/Ellington
Conley/Bayless/Selby/Pargo

A very good team, but reminds me of Atlanta scenario. Randolph/Gay massively overpaid, Gasol a bit. They may have reached their ceiling and will continue having strong seasons and early playoff exits, until they blow up the roster. Rudy Gay trade coming up?

7. Denver

McGee/Mozgov/Koufus
Faried/Harrington/ARandolph
Galinari/Chandler
Afflalo/Fournier
Lawson/AMiller

Solid deep team, with some good players, but unless some of them emerge they will remain mediocre, early playoff exit bound. I like some players on their team, but McGee for 11mil per year? God!

8. Dallas

Brand/Kaman/Wright
Nowitzki
Marion/Crowder
Mayo/Carter/Jones
Collison/Beaubois

I just put them here based on tradition and Dirk Nowitzki. I believe they will have hard time getting into playoffs. After winning a title, they thought they reshaped their roster just enough to keep them competitive. Guess what? They fell into back of playoff race. This year, they also seem to think they reshaped well enough to keep them into playoffs. I fear they fall to lottery. Kaman will be injured most of the time, and OJ Mayo is just a chucker. Why do you think he fell out of starting lineup in Memphis, and never got a contract extension? Great steal in Elton Brand though.

9. Utah

Jefferson/Kanter
Millsap/Favors
Hayward/MWilliams
?Foye/Burks/RBell
MoWilliams/Watson/Tinsley

Strong team, likely to get into playoffs again. Not much changes, moved Harris, added Mo Williams.

10. Golden State

Bogut/Biedrins/Ezeli
Lee/Tyler
Barnes/Jefferson
Thompson/Rush
Curry/Jack/Jenkins

A very exciting team. Curry, Klay Thompson, Barnes may be the best 3pt shooting backcourt in the league. Add Lee and healthy Bogut inside and you get a strong season, will definitely be in the playoff race. Nice addition in Jarret Jack as well. Nice offseason all around, they got lucky with Barnes falling to 7th.

11. New Orleans

Lopez/Smith
Davis/Anderson
Aminu
Gordon/Henry/Rivers
Vasquez

A turning point for this team. Got Davis, resigned Gordon, added some nice young players in Robin Lopez and Ryan Anderson. Combine them with more young players and coach Monty Williams, and you get an exciting team for coming years. I don't know about Austin Rivers, I don't like that guy at all..

12. Portland

Hickson/Leonard/Gadzuric
Aldridge/Jeffries
Batum/Babbit/SWilliams
Matthews/Barton
Lillard/NSmith

A very good core in LMA/Batum/Lillard. They didn't manage to get a marquee free agent this year, but sure will continue rebuilding process. Lillard may be a steal of this year's draft, maybe challenge Davis for ROY. I can see them fighting for playoffs, but it will be a tough race, west is very deep this year.

13. Houston

Asik/Monteijunas
Patterson/RWhite
Parsons/TJones
Lamb/KMartin
Lin/Douglas/Livingston

The new look Houson, I love their rookies, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Terrence Jones and Dontas Monteijunas, Coupled with young players like Omer Asik, Lin, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson you get a lot of exciting potential. West may be too tough for them to get into playoffs this year, but you could see them there a lot in the future.

14. Phoenix

Gortat/Frye
Scola/Morris
Beasley/Johnson
Dudley/Brown/Tucker
Dragic/Telfair/Marshall

Well, Nash is finally gone, I wonder how they do this year. Dragic/Kendal Marshall may be good fits for their system. They also have a good players in Gortat and Scola, and Dudley maybe. Beasley could fit into their run and gun offense as well. But with this strong west, I'm afraid they fall into lottery this year.

15. Sacramento

Cousins/Hayes
Robinson/Thompson/Honeycutt
Salmons/TOutlaw/Garcia
Thornton/TEvans/Fredette
IThomas/ABrooks

Continuing to tank young players. Cousins, TRobinson, Isaiah Thomas may be a good core, we'll see how Thomas Robinson adapts to the league. Some other solid player here too, but lottery again.

Aust
07-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Interesting to see what seed the Bulls get. Bulls fans are drooling at the thought of proving the "haters" wrong

I think Sacramento is going to shock a lot of people.

seikou8
07-29-2012, 11:59 AM
denver, Memphis,and dallas are better than Minnesota

OKC
07-29-2012, 12:02 PM
the west is looking very strong. almost every team in the west could get to the playoff in the east.
i like your prediction. a bit too optimistic with minny, they might not make the playoff.

knicks=love
07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
5. New York

Chandler/Camby/KThomas
Stoudamire/Balkman
Anthony/Novak
Shumpert/JRSmith
Kidd/Felton

Patched the team a bit. No idea what to expect of them, really.

i have a few things wrong with this:

1. when the hell did renaldo balkman get a spot back on this team? :confused:
2. how is shumpert starting right now with a torn ACL?
3. did you not know the knicks signed brewer?
4. i'm interested as to why you think the nets (who weren't a playoff team last year) are ahead of the knicks after getting mostly role players besides JJ, and having a weak front court of humps and lopez.

please explain. (cue the "omg typical knicks fan thinking his team is better than ___")

Linkels
07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Jimmy Butler is Deng's backup not Vlad and John Lucas is on the Raptors backup to Hinrich is Teague.

seikou8
07-29-2012, 12:07 PM

4. i'm interested as to why you think the nets (who weren't a playoff team last year) are ahead of the knicks after getting mostly role players besides JJ, and having a weak front court of humps and lopez.

please explain. (begin the "omg typical knicks fan thinking his team is better than ___")

dont forget our man pablo prigioni and we add james white, he has the buck over the sixers sorry but no. if learn how to finsh games watch out they could be really good.i dont get all the nets hype they just added jj and role players.

knicks=love
07-29-2012, 12:10 PM
dont forget our man pablo prigioni and we add james white, he has the buck over the sixers sorry but no. if learn how to finsh games watch out they could be really good.i dont get all the nets hype they just added jj and role players.

white and prignioni won't get significant minutes. pablo will be in a "mike bibby" role this year.

Baller1
07-29-2012, 12:12 PM
You actually did a pretty solid job here. The West is going to be so tough this year, it's crazy how deep it is once again. Especially if Dwight comes over to the West.

Hawkeye15
07-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Too optimistic with the Wolves, but not bad overall. I do think Philly gets in, not Milwaukee.

avengedchaos5
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
2. Boston

Garnett/Melo
Bass/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Lee/Terry
Rondo/Dooling

Amazing offseason by Ainge. Added a lot of depth with Terry(his scoring of the bench was just what C's needed), recovering Jeff Green. Jared Sullinger may end up being a steal of the draft. And Courtney Lee deal was a bargain, very underrated player. But we'll see how Garnett and Pierce hold up.

Wilcox is kg's main back up, then itll be jason collins behind wilcox. probably see very little of fab melo. terry will likely backup rondo with dooling

seikou8
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM

seikou8
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM
2. Boston

Garnett/Melo
Bass/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Lee/Terry
Rondo/Dooling

Wilcox is kg's main back up, then itll be jason collins behind wilcox. probably see very little of fab melo. terry will likely backup rondo with dooling

but i expect the celtics to be the 3 or 4 seed the Celtics iand be the 2nd best in the east but i dont think they are care about the regular season anymore they just what to get to playoffs healthy.i expect someone will surprise us and get the number 2 seed,.

Aleksandar
07-29-2012, 12:59 PM
[B]Wilcox is kg's main back up, then itll be jason collins behind wilcox. probably see very little of fab melo. terry will likely backup rondo with dooling

Corrected. You're right, Rivers doesn't play rookies much, Melo will be there to learn from KG, but he won't see much playing time. But Jared Sullinger, on the other hand, will fight for his minutes. He showed a lot of promise in the summer league, he might be a nice steal of the draft. Not sure about his injury problems though..

Jimmy Butler is Deng's backup not Vlad and John Lucas is on the Raptors backup to Hinrich is Teague.

OK, corrected.

Aleksandar
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
denver, Memphis,and dallas are better than Minnesota

I won't debate you, my first 4 choices are rock solid, OKC,SAS,LAL,LAC. After that it gets wild, everyone could be good. My other predictions are more or less loose.

StarvingKnick22
07-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Nets? really?

BradHolt4CYoung
07-29-2012, 01:27 PM

please explain. (cue the "omg typical knicks fan thinking his team is better than ___")

"The Nets sucked last year and all they did was add Joe Johnson" crap by Knicks fans is really getting annoying. How many times must this be explained for you to understand?

The Nets starting lineup for the majority of last season:

PG: D-will (55 games started)
SG: Marshon Brooks (47 games started)
SF: DeShawn Stevenson (30 games started)
PF: Kris Humphries (62 games started)
C: Sheldon Williams (35 games started)

Going into the 2012 season, the Nets have replaced Stevenson with Gerald Wallace, Sheldon Williams with Brook Lopez...both of these changes are HUGE upgrades talent wise. Having one of the best PGs in the game in Deron will make these guys even better. And the Joe Johnson acquisition pushed the scoring talented Marshon Brooks to 6th man. They also added Mirza Teleteovic, Europes best scorer. He can certainly be more then a role player in the NBA. Also reports from the summer league are that the Nets got a steal in the 2nd round in Tayshawn Taylor, he was a 1st round talent apparently. The Nets also are not done yet this off season. They only have 13 players on their roster.

SlimKid
07-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I know, how dare anyone think the Nets will be better than the Knicks.. Blasphemy!

*Silver&Black*
07-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Josh Smith will not play SF. Or let me say this, he can't. Also, Jeff Teague will start. Farmer was waived.

I like this line-up better:

Jeff Teague/Harris
Lou Williams/Morrow/Jenkins
Kyle Korver/Stevenson
Josh Smith/Ivan/Scott/Williams
Al Horford/Zaza/Petro

another roster spot for a starting SF maybe before the season starts.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Josh Smith will not play SF. Or let me say this, he can't. Also, Jeff Teague will start. Farmer was waived.

I like this line-up better:

Jeff Teague/Harris
Lou Williams/Morrow/Jenkins
Kyle Korver/Stevenson
Josh Smith/Ivan/Scott/Williams
Al Horford/Zaza/Petro

another roster spot for a starting SF maybe before the season starts.

Is Lou Williams not a "poor mans" Joe Johnson? I know Lou is getting paid a lot less (rightfully so) but I always thought the Hawks problem these past few years is they have too many guys who love to shoot. I dont think they did a good job in getting rid of that mentality by adding Lou, Harris, and Korver.

FriedTofuz
07-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Nets? really?

:facepalm:

seikou8
07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
"The Nets sucked last year and all they did was add Joe Johnson" crap by Knicks fans is really getting annoying. How many times must this be explained for you to understand?

The Nets starting lineup for the majority of last season:

PG: D-will (55 games started)
SG: Marshon Brooks (47 games started)
SF: DeShawn Stevenson (30 games started)
PF: Kris Humphries (62 games started)
C: Sheldon Williams (35 games started)

Going into the 2012 season, the Nets have replaced Stevenson with Gerald Wallace, Sheldon Williams with Brook Lopez...both of these changes are HUGE upgrades talent wise. Having one of the best PGs in the game in Deron will make these guys even better. And the Joe Johnson acquisition pushed the scoring talented Marshon Brooks to 6th man. They also added Mirza Teleteovic, Europes best scorer. He can certainly be more then a role player in the NBA. Also reports from the summer league are that the Nets got a steal in the 2nd round in Tayshawn Taylor, he was a 1st round talent apparently. The Nets also are not done yet this off season. They only have 13 players on their roster.

nets get use injuries as excuse but not the knicks com come on i know nets wil make the playoffs but lets see if they can gel before we put them in top 4 seed status.knicks haven't even had full training camp.this why the games are played on the court not on paper.

KingsPhillies
07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
I think Sacramento is going to shock a lot of people.

It's nice to see someone actually recognizing that the Kings are likely going to play at a higher level this season.

I think their success hinges on a few things: First, cohesion. They have to play as a team, instead of 5 guys playing as individuals. As a fan, this has been one of the most frustrating things when watching the Kings the last few seasons(aside from the Maloofs). Actually having an offseason should help...especially with Smart at the helm instead of Westphail(sic). Second, defense. That pretty much speaks for itself. The Kings were defensively impaired last season(to put it very nicely). James Johnson is a good defensive wing, and the rest of the team just needs to step it up on that end. There is no excuse for allowing as many easy baskets as they did. Lastly, and this directly relates to my other two points, each player needs to learn their role and stick to it. This team is too talented to be as selfish as they are. You don't win games just chucking up shots; they should know that by now. Only time, proper coaching, and personal accountability can fix that. I'm quite curious to see how Smart is going to make that happen.

All-in-all, I am expecting some improvement this season. A lot of people are expecting Cousins to really break out this year, and have a monster season. I tent to agree with that. As a team, I really do hope we shock some people, but I suppose that's all relative to what people are expecting from Sactown this year...which I'm sure isn't much. I really don't think we'll be at the bottom of the pack, but a playoff berth seems a bit too optimistic at this point. Hell, they may even shock me too.

Oh, I forgot to mention one important thing: Tyreke needs a consistent jumper!

*Silver&Black*
07-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Is Lou Williams not a "poor mans" Joe Johnson? I know Lou is getting paid a lot less (rightfully so) but I always thought the Hawks problem these past few years is they have too many guys who love to shoot. I dont think they did a good job in getting rid of that mentality by adding Lou, Harris, and Korver.

Not knowing what the starting line-up is this year, for seasons ahead though Lou Williams will be the 6th man. Korver is a bench guy and Harris is expiring and most likely won't be on the team next summer. We will have cap space for 2 max players next summer, so I don't care about replacing Joe Johnson, as we will end up better without Joe in the long run. What you will see this year is a bunch of expiring guys and shooters around Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Jeff Teague. Next summer is where the Hawks will start being Ferry's vision.

Toastyy
07-29-2012, 06:17 PM
You have a lot of bad rotations that won't happen and left out Some players brosef

Potential33
07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
14. Phoenix

Gortat/Frye
Scola/Morris
Beasley/Johnson
Dudley/BROWN/Tucker
Dragic/Telfair/Marshall

Well, Nash is finally gone, I wonder how they do this year. Dragic/Kendal Marshall may be good fits for their system. They also have a good players in Gortat and Scola, and Dudley maybe. Beasley could fit into their run and gun offense as well. But with this strong west, I'm afraid they fall into lottery this year.

There is no way Phoenix will come 14th in the conference unless Dragic, Beasley and Gortat are out for the season or Beasley shoots someone in the lockeroom or something. If Phoenix mix chemistry even a little and players live up to just a LITTLE bit of their potential in this team we are going top be top 12 minimum. If everything goes right and the chemistry hits right away (which is a big chance) we will be battling for 8th spot. Btw we amnestied Childress and resigned Shannon Brown, we also have Telfair and signed PJ Tucker.

Wade>You
07-29-2012, 07:04 PM
1. Miami

Anthony/Haslem
Bosh/Lewis
James/Battier/Jones
Wade/Allen
Chalmers/ColePeople still include Joel Anthony in the Heat's rotation, some have him as a starter.

I hope Spoelstra finally got the clue about Joel Anthony.

Best adjustment he made in the playoffs was to stop playing Joel Anthony. Heat went 5-1 in that span.

justinnum1
07-29-2012, 07:16 PM
People still include Joel Anthony in the Heat's rotation, some have him as a starter.

I hope Spoelstra finally got the clue about Joel Anthony.

Best adjustment he made in the playoffs was to stop playing Joel Anthony. Heat went 5-1 in that span.
Regular season is different than the playoffs, joel will play in the regular season, unless you want to burn out lebron and bosh

Aleksandar
07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
There is no way Phoenix will come 14th in the conference unless Dragic, Beasley and Gortat are out for the season or Beasley shoots someone in the lockeroom or something. If Phoenix mix chemistry even a little and players live up to just a LITTLE bit of their potential in this team we are going top be top 12 minimum. If everything goes right and the chemistry hits right away (which is a big chance) we will be battling for 8th spot. Btw we amnestied Childress and resigned Shannon Brown, we also have Telfair and signed PJ Tucker.

You're probably right, but west is so tough this year, I just didn't know who to put in last places. My predictions are blurry indeed, but I still believe Nash departure hurts you bigtime, despite Dragic being a good replacement.

I don't believe in Beasley at all though. Two years ago he was averaging more than 20ppg for us, on good shooting percentage, but we had a total of 17 wins. What I'm trying to say is, despite playing well, he will hurt your team. He's a poor man's Carmelo Anthony, which is not a good thing at all.

And sorry for inaccurate rotation, corrected.

Ty_Lawson
07-30-2012, 07:11 AM
You forgot to add Brewer and JHam and Stone/QMiller to our team,and we will be in top 5 if we are healthy...we we 2nd last year until injuries started!

Blitzbolt
07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Minny over Memphis -_- I don't get all this Wolves hype they have done nothing all they do is cry about injury's.

They will be figthing with the Warriors and Jazz for 8th or 7th.

Also Memphis did not pay Mayo because of salary cap issues not because of his play.

Bravo95
07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't say it that way. More like, they had a few guys who didn't stick to their roles regardless of what it was, including Joe who far too often didn't take it upon himself to be the leader when they needed him to be one. But as S&B said, Lou is a 6th man, Korver is a shooter, etc. They seem to know who they are. Long term is what matters though.

29$JerZ
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
You have the Knick roster all wrong

Tyson - Camby
Amar'e - Thomas - Copeland
Melo - Novak - White
Smith - Brewer - Shumpert
Kidd - Felton - Prigioni

Aleksandar
07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Minny over Memphis -_- I don't get all this Wolves hype they have done nothing all they do is cry about injury's.

They will be figthing with the Warriors and Jazz for 8th or 7th.

Also Memphis did not pay Mayo because of salary cap issues not because of his play.

I'm ready to debate this any time, OJ Mayo is a chucker. He lost his starting spot because Tony Allen is a way better player. Mayo is way more talented, but he's a trash, who hurts his team more than he contributes.

And Minnesota fans may be crying over injuries, but you won't hear Adelman complaining. Only thing he's complaining about, is player's incompetence. That's why we replaced majority of our players this offseason. Also, Adelman had Ming+TMac injured for years in Houston, but he still managed to make winning teams, and have good seasons.

29$jersey corrected.

Blitzbolt
07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Well the wolves have ALOT of questions marks.Denver and Memphis are clearly better I think putting Minny over them is wishful thinking.

Aleksandar
08-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, here's John Schuhmann's power rankings on nba.com site.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/08/06/midsummer/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

East:
1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Indiana
4.Brooklyn
5.New York
6.Chicago
7.Atlanta
8.Orlando
9.Philadelphia
10.Toronto
11.Detroit
12.Milwaukee
13.Cleveland
14.Washington
15.Charlotte

West:
1.OKC
2.Lakers
3.San Antonio
4.Clippers
5.Memphis
6.Dallas
7.Minnesota
8.Denver
9.Utah
10.Golden State
11.New Orleans
12.Portland
13.Phoenix
14.Houston
15.Sacramento

If we take it as a reference, here's some comments to the previous debates.

-Brooklyn is above New York. Due to the large number of fans on these forums, this may be most argued. Still, seems Brooklyn has a slight edge here. I know my own opinion was unbiased, from a completely neutral perspective.

-Seems I overrated my team a bit, both Memphis and Dallas are above Minnesota here. However, Denver is not.

-I really can't understand putting Orlando in the playoff range. Perhaps I underrated them, putting them into lottery, but I just don't see them as a strong team anymore, with or without Howard.

-Again, I don't understand how is Detroit over Milwaukee, Washington and Cleveland. I know a professional sportswriter's guess is much more educated than mine, but still..

-A small difference but Lakers are over San Antonio here. This is really intriguing and hard to guess. LA's stars vs SA's depth, team chemistry and
top notch coach. I would still put my money on the Spurs.

-Phoenix is 13th here, while someone bashed me for putting it on the 14th spot. I just don't believe in them post-Nash.

Sactown
08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I love how everyone is being such a stickler about everything... really guys? he just gave a pretty damn good evaluation of 30 teams in which I'm sure he doesn't fallow as heavily as you do to your favorite teams... give the guy a break and let's see your evaluations.. I don't agree with them all, but it's not like he's been doing tons of research on every teams rotations. good job over all, I think there's going to be a large mix-up in the eastern and western conference as far as movements.

eso
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I love how everyone is being such a stickler about everything... really guys? he just gave a pretty damn good evaluation of 30 teams in which I'm sure he doesn't fallow as heavily as you do to your favorite teams... give the guy a break and let's see your evaluations.. I don't agree with them all, but it's not like he's been doing tons of research on every teams rotations. good job over all, I think there's going to be a large mix-up in the eastern and western conference as far as movements.

^^ this X 2

IndyRealist
08-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Good job. I will say that Between Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Brandon Rush AND John Jenkins, Golden State is going to be hoisting a LOT of 3's this year.

N3TS
08-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Overall analysis was not bad.