PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard could be traded this week??!

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Yes, you read the headline........... the rumors wont stop, dwight howard wont get traded..... at least not yet but we could see an end to things according to Sam Amicho.

here is the link: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/29/12/Howard-deal-hinges-on-what-Magic-decide/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=768157&feedID=3725

I am not sure how accurate this is but I was saying all along that the magic were just waiting to get their coach before they make the changes and they felt like saying they will not trade howard would up the offers made but it looks like this is the best they will get.
A 3 way trade with the rockets and lakers or a 3 way trade with the cavaliers and the lakers.

the rockets our officially out of the hunt for howard, so we can see them work out a 3 way deal with the rockets that is probably the best package out there in terms of prospects, young players, expiring contracts, draft picks, and the ability to get rid of all of their bad contracts.

So this is the new headline for the week.
Last week it was talks that howard was not getting traded, this week it is talks that howard will get traded........... next week it will be talks that dwight howard is heading to the charlotte bobcats.

I am not believing anything until it actually happens...... I still think howard gets traded to the lakers and that is what the majority of the reporters are saying, but do the magic want that..... NO ONE KNOWS!

Hopefully something happens this week, but it most likely will not. :facepalm:

Iron24th
07-29-2012, 08:40 AM
ohio...

Davidgta1
I just want it to end!

mbsalame123
I posted about this in the "All things dwight howard thread part 3" But I wanted to post it in a new thread...... please no one bash me for posting it in the wrong section, if so I will close it and post it somewhere else.

I am not sure where is the best place to post this news, so please let me know.

Thanks

Rome
07-29-2012, 08:51 AM
ohio...

My thoughts exactly. Seems like what we already knew, minus the head coach. I want this to get done as well. Fast please.

mike_noodles
07-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks op, we've been hearing this since trade deadline 2011, great insight! You should be a journalist.

StarvingKnick22
07-29-2012, 09:20 AM
lol

Utd7
07-29-2012, 10:31 AM
As much as I want this to happen, it won't.

eternal slumber
07-29-2012, 10:58 AM
oh, Howard to be traded soon. is this even news any more? i won't believe anything unless it's official and Hennigan suddenly had balls to do this.

Aust
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't see it anywhere stating the Rockets are out of the hunt and have to do a 3team trade. I obv hope they do of course.

I know it makes sense for them to hire a Coach to settle in and what not, and have been saying all along that things should be heating up after that, and around early August is when something could happen.
This just seems like more speculation. Bleh, I'll believe it when I see it.

Rocketsfan85
07-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Rockets are out of the hunt for now cuz they just recently signed all of there rookies now so like Lopez they can't be traded til January and there young players were key to the trade unless they can get away wit a package of Patterson,Morris,Martin,and 2 first rounders cuz I don't think they'd trade Parsons I think he might be there only untouchable

justinnum1
07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks op, we've been hearing this since trade deadline 2011, great insight! You should be a journalist.

lol

Aust
07-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Rockets are out of the hunt for now cuz they just recently signed all of there rookies now so like Lopez they can't be traded til January and there young players were key to the trade unless they can get away wit a package of Patterson,Morris,Martin,and 2 first rounders cuz I don't think they'd trade Parsons I think he might be there only untouchable

Yes, I know.

TeamSeattle
07-29-2012, 11:50 AM
This has been the headline for the whole off-season; nothing new here.

Htownballa1622
07-29-2012, 12:13 PM

I thought our rookies could be traded after 30 days. I'm fairly certain.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Yea rookies can be traded after 30 days bro ....

Gmoneynyy1992
07-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Dwight Howard wanted out of Orlando since the trade deadline and it's been throughout this whole off-season and I'M SICK OF IT ALREADY just trade him and make him happy the magic is wasting their time trying to keep him it's pointless he wants out and he means it what they are waiting for? Just trade him be done with it already!!!

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Royce White and Jeremy Lamb cannot be traded until August 26 and Terrence Jones can be traded on August 9 while Donates Matiejunas can be traded on August 6.

So I think it is possible a trade can be made by this time. I think the magic want 2 out of the 4 rookies and terrence jones and donate matiejunas can be got at the earliest, maybe that gets them an extra draft pick if they dont get royce white and jeremy lamb.

I can see a 3 way with the rockets, lakers, and magic

magic get: pattrick patterson, kevin martin, chandler parsons, marcus morris, donates matiejunas, terrence jones, steve blake, josh mcroberts, devin ebanks, andrew goudelock, 3-4 draft picks..... 1 from the lakers, 1 from the raptors, 1 from the knicks, 1 from the rockets, and possibly an extra one too.

lakers get: dwight howard, chris duhon, and jason richardson

rockets get: andrew bynum, hedo turkoglu, quenton richardson, glen davis, christian eyenga

This trade would be amazing or if the cavs, magic, lakers make a trade then that could be the trade that works too.

but I think the rockets pocess better assets in terms of young prospects and draft picks.

The cavs have heat, lakers, and mavericks draft picks which will all be non lottery for the next few years and their own draft picks will be non lottery if they acquire bynum.

the rockets have the raptors pick which is a lottery and they have their own picks which with the addition of bynum would improve the rockets but they would still be worse then the cavs with bynum in my opinion. plus they get young and expiring contracts.
the cavs can only give up expiring contracts and their young players do not add up to any of the rockets.

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Dwight Howard wanted out of Orlando since the trade deadline and it's been throughout this whole off-season and I'M SICK OF IT ALREADY just trade him and make him happy the magic is wasting their time trying to keep him it's pointless he wants out and he means it what they are waiting for? Just trade him be done with it already!!!

DONT WORRY BRO! This will end soon.......... I just sense it.... dont worry.

The magic were just waiting for the head coaching search to end and now get a better sense of what Vaughn wants to do. putting young players around a young coach and GM is perfect for the magic.

I expect a trade to happen within these next 2 weeks (MAXIMUM:confused:) JUST WATCH!

BUT IF IT DOES NOT THEN I AM OFFICIALLY NOT WATCHING THE NBA ANYMORE!:bang:

Losoway
07-29-2012, 02:42 PM
no he wont

HOLY TOLEDO
07-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow....EVERYONE knows that the date for trading rookies that had signed started around Aug. 5th.....WHY is this news worthy...it's amazing that some people can't figure this stuff out on their own...it's been quite obvious that this has Been what's holding things up for the past couple of weeks...nowDH can finally get dealt to the Lakers.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
no he wont

Net fan praying he won't be moved before Jan lol

seikou8
07-29-2012, 03:20 PM

lol if tired of it dont come in dwight howard thread buddy:rolleyes: back to the topic and the shy is blue so what he could of traded last offseason

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Wow....EVERYONE knows that the date for trading rookies that had signed started around Aug. 5th.....WHY is this news worthy...it's amazing that some people can't figure this stuff out on their own...it's been quite obvious that this has Been what's holding things up for the past couple of weeks...nowDH can finally get dealt to the Lakers.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG FINALLY SOMEONE WAKES UP TO THE WORLD!

You my friend are right on the point. This is what I have been trying to say all along but i said it in the more complicated and dumbest way possible lol.

The Magic are going to come to agreement on a trade sometime within these next 2 weeks and if they wanted to make a trade with the cavs they could have already done one because the cavs arent trading any of their rookies and already have all their pieces.

The magic are waiting for the rockets, they love their rookies and I love them too. If they can get 2 or 3 of them along with kevin martin, pattrick patterson, marcus morris, and chandler parsons then they will be set.

the rockets can trade terrence jones and donates matiejunas by early august, the 9th to be accurate and the magic have been said to be very interested in matiejunas and jones would really help.

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 03:27 PM
lol if tired of it dont come in dwight howard thread buddy:rolleyes: back to the topic and the shy is blue so what he could of traded last offseason

hahahaha sorry but I have to agree with you man. Everyone doesnt want this to happen but this is perfect news for the NBA

David Stern is sitting back laughing his *** off about this......... he loves this way more then anybody in this world. This is making him loads of money and drawing lots of attention to the NBA.
He even said he loves this "soap opra"
The NBA needed someone to **** up after Lebron James won his first ring..... so now it is going to be Dwight Howard..... we have hit a new trend in the NBA, BIG 3's and superstars demanding trades for over a year.

We went from lebron to melo to cp3 to dwight and pretty soon we will go to someone like kevin love.

rockets-fan
07-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Royce White and Jeremy Lamb cannot be traded until August 26 and Terrence Jones can be traded on August 9 while Donates Matiejunas can be traded on August 6.

So I think it is possible a trade can be made by this time. I think the magic want 2 out of the 4 rookies and terrence jones and donate matiejunas can be got at the earliest, maybe that gets them an extra draft pick if they dont get royce white and jeremy lamb.

I can see a 3 way with the rockets, lakers, and magic

magic get: pattrick patterson, kevin martin, chandler parsons, marcus morris, donates matiejunas, terrence jones, steve blake, josh mcroberts, devin ebanks, andrew goudelock, 3-4 draft picks..... 1 from the lakers, 1 from the raptors, 1 from the knicks, 1 from the rockets, and possibly an extra one too.

rockets get: andrew bynum, hedo turkoglu, quenton richardson, glen davis, christian eyenga

This trade would be amazing or if the cavs, magic, lakers make a trade then that could be the trade that works too.

but I think the rockets pocess better assets in terms of young prospects and draft picks.

The cavs have heat, lakers, and mavericks draft picks which will all be non lottery for the next few years and their own draft picks will be non lottery if they acquire bynum.

the rockets have the raptors pick which is a lottery and they have their own picks which with the addition of bynum would improve the rockets but they would still be worse then the cavs with bynum in my opinion. plus they get young and expiring contracts.
the cavs can only give up expiring contracts and their young players do not add up to any of the rockets.

If the Rockets werent going to give all that up for Howard, Why would they do it for Bynum???

I think they trade

Martin,Patterson,Jones/Lamb and 2 first.

Seems like a low blow ,but there was an article by Aldridge that the Rockets were never intending or offering as much as everyone thought they were. So IF the Rockets make a trade something like this will be what I think they give up. The biggest reason why the Rockets are so intriguing is the bad contracts they will absorb in the trade.

seikou8
07-29-2012, 04:03 PM
hahahaha sorry but I have to agree with you man. Everyone doesnt want this to happen but this is perfect news for the NBA

David Stern is sitting back laughing his *** off about this......... he loves this way more then anybody in this world. This is making him loads of money and drawing lots of attention to the NBA.
He even said he loves this "soap opra"
The NBA needed someone to **** up after Lebron James won his first ring..... so now it is going to be Dwight Howard..... we have hit a new trend in the NBA, BIG 3's and superstars demanding trades for over a year.

We went from lebron to melo to cp3 to dwight and pretty soon we will go to someone like kevin love.

nba where we care more about drama and ratings than basketball:D

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:15 PM
If the Rockets werent going to give all that up for Howard, Why would they do it for Bynum???

I think they trade

Martin,Patterson,Jones/Lamb and 2 first.

Seems like a low blow ,but there was an article by Aldridge that the Rockets were never intending or offering as much as everyone thought they were. So IF the Rockets make a trade something like this will be what I think they give up. The biggest reason why the Rockets are so intriguing is the bad contracts they will absorb in the trade.

You are actually right. The Rockets are intriguing because of the cap flexibility and perfect assets but knowing the magic they want a package similar to the one that the nuggets got. Which leads me to think that the only way possible for something to happen is if something like this occurred. Knowing Daryl Morey, this dood is crazy enough to trade lots of pieces for another superstar.

Just look at Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik....... he definitely overpaid for both players!
The magic will definitely want chandler parsons and pattrick patterson in a deal and will take back kevin martin to make salary match and he is an expiring contract. the rockets will want at least 2 out of the 4 rookies they have, I chose matiejunas and jones because they can be traded the earliest.
The rockets can take back 2 or 3 bad contracts from the magic and it will most likely be hedo turkoglu and glen davis, possibly quenton richardson if the magic insist.

If you look at it, it really is not much at all that they are giving up.

It is basically Andrew Bynum, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis for Kevin Martin, Pattrick Patterson, Chandler Parsons, 2 prospects, and some draft picks.

This is a normal deal that will be worth it for the Rockets in my opinion.

But right now........... lets just hope something happens and we are not busy wasting our time talking about this when nothing is going to happen.

rockets-fan
07-29-2012, 04:16 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG FINALLY SOMEONE WAKES UP TO THE WORLD!

You my friend are right on the point. This is what I have been trying to say all along but i said it in the more complicated and dumbest way possible lol.

The Magic are going to come to agreement on a trade sometime within these next 2 weeks and if they wanted to make a trade with the cavs they could have already done one because the cavs arent trading any of their rookies and already have all their pieces.

The magic are waiting for the rockets, they love their rookies and I love them too. If they can get 2 or 3 of them along with kevin martin, pattrick patterson, marcus morris, and chandler parsons then they will be set.

the rockets can trade terrence jones and donates matiejunas by early august, the 9th to be accurate and the magic have been said to be very interested in matiejunas and jones would really help.

Are you saying the three rookies and all those player? Or all three rookies and a combination of 2 of those players? Because the Rockets are not trading all those guys, it was already reported earlier.

I dont see the Rockets trading:

Parsons or Montejunas. And only 1 of their rookies.

so basically this:

Martin,Patterson,Morris,Jones/Lamb(problably Lamb), 2 first round picks. And taking the contracts of Richardson and davis.

rockets-fan
07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
You are actually right. The Rockets are intriguing because of the cap flexibility and perfect assets but knowing the magic they want a package similar to the one that the nuggets got. Which leads me to think that the only way possible for something to happen is if something like this occurred. Knowing Daryl Morey, this dood is crazy enough to trade lots of pieces for another superstar.

Just look at Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik....... he definitely overpaid for both players!
The magic will definitely want chandler parsons and pattrick patterson in a deal and will take back kevin martin to make salary match and he is an expiring contract. the rockets will want at least 2 out of the 4 rookies they have, I chose matiejunas and jones because they can be traded the earliest.
The rockets can take back 2 or 3 bad contracts from the magic and it will most likely be hedo turkoglu and glen davis, possibly quenton richardson if the magic insist.

If you look at it, it really is not much at all that they are giving up.

It is basically Andrew Bynum, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis for Kevin Martin, Pattrick Patterson, Chandler Parsons, 2 prospects, and some draft picks.

This is a normal deal that will be worth it for the Rockets in my opinion.

But right now........... lets just hope something happens and we are not busy wasting our time talking about this when nothing is going to happen.

I think we all just want this drama to be over with lol

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
The more I think about it...... the more I see a cavs, magic, and lakers trade happening.

The cavs have just the same amount of assets to give up to the magic like the rockets and actually have more cap room then the rockets to absorb more contracts. what if we saw a trade like this:

lakers get: howard, richardson, and duhon

magic get: varejao, gibson, walton, cassipi, mcroberts, ebanks, goudelock, eyenga and draft picks

cavaliers get: bynum, turkoglu, davis, steve blake, draft pick from the lakers

that would be nice but again lets just wait and be quiet about this so that maybe something happens

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
@rockets-fan I'd be happy with that plus banks and mcrobs from la

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I think we all just want this drama to be over with lol

hahahaha yeah man.

It looks like a lot but it isnt. if the nuggets were able to get the knicks to give up all of that for melo then the magic can almost do the same, and that is what they have been trying to do all along. A deal like this, has been on the table all along and if the magic wanted it, they would have gotten it since day 1..... but they want more and eventually some team is going to listen and give the magic what they want.

the magic know they best they will get is 2 or 3 players along with some prospects and draft picks and the chance to get rid of their horrible contracts which really arent that horrible at all.

The lakers have already said they want jason richardson put in a deal for howard which leaves turkoglu as the odd man out for the rockets or cavs or whichever team is involved in talks with the magic and lakers.

Turkoglu and Davis are not washed up, they are still effective and turkoglu ontract really helps and Davis is still young and just so happened not to fit in the Magic's system.

Look at Brandon Bass when he was with the mavs, dominating and looking good and then goes to the magic and looks bad, traded to the celtics for glen davis and has a breakout season.
Glen davis is the same. he was good in boston, gets traded to the magic and looks bad because he doesn't fit and now will go to houston or cleveland and look good and I think if he were to have a stellar point guard alongside him like nate robinson or jeremy lin or kyrie irving he will look much better.

But like you said..... lets just wait for atrade to happen

LA_Raiders
07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
lol, i dont think so.

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:28 PM
@rockets-fan I'd be happy with that plus banks and mcrobs from la

yeah but varejao contract is not expiring and he is a decent replacement for howard but he wont do much for the magic. plus the other players coming in the trade are just awful and will just be expiring contracts..... so maybe the magic want to just give up on this season and hope to get the first pick in the draft while getting loads of cap space and draft picks.

I can see that happening.......... young GM, young coach, young players! It all matches up pretty well. lol

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:30 PM
but remember guys this is just some stupid sports station making predictions as to what is going to happen. they are going with a logical guess as to what will happen, so most likely nothing happens.......... DAMN!

But I just sense Dwight Howard to the Lakers will happen within these next couple weeks.

Hellcrooner
07-29-2012, 04:32 PM
hahahaha yeah man.

It looks like a lot but it isnt. if the nuggets were able to get the knicks to give up all of that for melo then the magic can almost do the same, and that is what they have been trying to do all along. A deal like this, has been on the table all along and if the magic wanted it, they would have gotten it since day 1..... but they want more and eventually some team is going to listen and give the magic what they want.

the magic know they best they will get is 2 or 3 players along with some prospects and draft picks and the chance to get rid of their horrible contracts which really arent that horrible at all.

The lakers have already said they want jason richardson put in a deal for howard which leaves turkoglu as the odd man out for the rockets or cavs or whichever team is involved in talks with the magic and lakers.

Turkoglu and Davis are not washed up, they are still effective and turkoglu ontract really helps and Davis is still young and just so happened not to fit in the Magic's system.

Look at Brandon Bass when he was with the mavs, dominating and looking good and then goes to the magic and looks bad, traded to the celtics for glen davis and has a breakout season.
Glen davis is the same. he was good in boston, gets traded to the magic and looks bad because he doesn't fit and now will go to houston or cleveland and look good and I think if he were to have a stellar point guard alongside him like nate robinson or jeremy lin or kyrie irving he will look much better.

But like you said..... lets just wait for atrade to happen

Yeah lets forget that

1 anthony was going te be a fa with the new cba and he feared to be awarded a worst contract because of it so he pushed the issue, if knicks didnt trade dfor him he was going to resign for the max with nuggets. Howard is tied to th enew cba anyway-

2 there were no desirable landscapes for melo in the summer, Dwight can go NEAR HOME at Mavs and magic ends with.................tadah!!!!! nothing!!!! worse than nothing they still have to carry with turks and richardsons contracts instead of unloading them

Magic have their balls agaisnt the wall.

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Net fan praying he won't be moved before Jan lol

lol you are right. but the nets are in a better situation although they could have paid the same money to dwight just like they paid for lopez. But the nets look a lot similar to an atlanta hawks team right now, with a true and amazing point guard and the size they need down low.

Mcdoh
07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
hope this ends this week...

LakersSaintsLSU
07-29-2012, 04:39 PM
yeah lets forget that

1 anthony was going te be a fa with the new cba and he feared to be awarded a worst contract because of it so he pushed the issue, if knicks didnt trade dfor him he was going to resign for the max with nuggets. Howard is tied to th enew cba anyway-

2 there were no desirable landscapes for melo in the summer, dwight can go near home at mavs and magic ends with.................tadah!!!!! Nothing!!!! Worse than nothing they still have to carry with turks and richardsons contracts instead of unloading them

magic have their balls agaisnt the wall.
lmfao!

mbsalame123
07-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah lets forget that

2 there were no desirable landscapes for melo in the summer, Dwight can go NEAR HOME at Mavs and magic ends with.................tadah!!!!! nothing!!!! worse than nothing they still have to carry with turks and richardsons contracts instead of unloading them

Magic have their balls agaisnt the wall.

****!!!! WERE NOT IN A RESTAURANT........ BUT WE GOT SERVED!!!!!!

you are right. melo had leverage over everyone and was like **** u guys and the nuggets were gonna lose him for nothing anyways so it was a last ditch effort. Plus the knicks are dumbasses and do crazy **** like that.

The magic still have time but they are in a similar hole similar to the hornets last year, which leads me to think that howard will be traded like cp3 last year and plus he has made things worse then what melo and cp3 and even LEBRON JAMES did.

C-Style
07-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Why does it only have to be Rockets or Cavs??? There should be a lot more teams interested in Bynums services. I can see Bynum be more open to playing for more teams.

EDUTEXANS
07-29-2012, 05:15 PM
not "a lot of teams" can offer what the cavs and the rockets can

D12 fan
07-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Just trade Dwight to LA,so everybody can see the dream matchup of Lakers vs Heat.

Nash/Kobe/Gasol/D12 vs Wade/Allen/Lebron/Bosh.

Battle of the big 4's.

shep33
07-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Just my opinion, but if something doesn't get done soon, I can definitely see the Lakers moving on. We haven't signed a backup SG yet, and our backup SF (Devin Ebanks), hasn't been told to sign yet, because he may be involved in a sign-and-trade.

Seems like we're waiting for a potential deal where we'd take back J-Rich or Q-Rich. Just a hunch, but if nothing gets done in the next week or two, I think LAL moves onto guys like Jodie Meeks or maybe even Delfino.

Lakers haven't used their mini-MLE yet either.

ZebraCity916
07-29-2012, 07:47 PM
You know what sucks??

We all think the drama is bad this offseason, just wait until he pulls this ******** next summer. You know he loves all this attention.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Wait, I thought he was supposed to be traded last week? Or was that the week before?

ThunderousDemon
07-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Just my opinion, but if something doesn't get done soon, I can definitely see the Lakers moving on. We haven't signed a backup SG yet, and our backup SF (Devin Ebanks), hasn't been told to sign yet, because he may be involved in a sign-and-trade.

Seems like we're waiting for a potential deal where we'd take back J-Rich or Q-Rich. Just a hunch, but if nothing gets done in the next week or two, I think LAL moves onto guys like Jodie Meeks or maybe even Delfino.

Jordan Hill?

Sssmush
07-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes, you read the headline........... the rumors wont stop, dwight howard wont get traded..... at least not yet but we could see an end to things according to Sam Amicho.

here is the link: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/29/12/Howard-deal-hinges-on-what-Magic-decide/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=768157&feedID=3725

I am not sure how accurate this is but I was saying all along that the magic were just waiting to get their coach before they make the changes and they felt like saying they will not trade howard would up the offers made but it looks like this is the best they will get.
A 3 way trade with the rockets and lakers or a 3 way trade with the cavaliers and the lakers.

the rockets our officially out of the hunt for howard, so we can see them work out a 3 way deal with the rockets that is probably the best package out there in terms of prospects, young players, expiring contracts, draft picks, and the ability to get rid of all of their bad contracts.

So this is the new headline for the week.
Last week it was talks that howard was not getting traded, this week it is talks that howard will get traded........... next week it will be talks that dwight howard is heading to the charlotte bobcats.

I am not believing anything until it actually happens...... I still think howard gets traded to the lakers and that is what the majority of the reporters are saying, but do the magic want that..... NO ONE KNOWS!

Hopefully something happens this week, but it most likely will not. :facepalm:

That article is pure speculation and rehash.

Gritz
07-29-2012, 08:03 PM
lol @ the people saying they're tired of this or want it to end but they say that in every Dwight thread

Haeloine
07-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Jordan Hill?

Really? thought they had early bird rights or something?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-29-2012, 08:05 PM
^^^^^ Bye bye buddy

shep33
07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Jordan Hill?

Don't think we used it on Jordan Hill. Mini MLE is only worth like 3.1 mill per year I believe. We had his Bird Rights

NBA-GMaster
07-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Here we go again.. :facepalm:

EasternStar
07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
He'll get traded in January. All of this is Hookers and Blow.:laugh2:

3ballbomber
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
lol @ the people saying they're tired of this or want it to end but they say that in every Dwight thread
People act like they are sick of it and don't give a hoot but really they do care.

I live a basketball life. I'm not fazed by any of this & it's exciting to see where he ends up. Hopefully he gets traded soon though and hopefully to the Lakers.

ThunderousDemon
07-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Don't think we used it on Jordan Hill. Mini MLE is only worth like 3.1 mill per year I believe. We had his Bird Rights

I think the Lakers used the mini MLE on Steve Nash?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
He'll get traded in January. All of this is Hookers and Blow.:laugh2:

Yet another net fan praying we hold him till Jan haha

EasternStar
07-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Yet another net fan praying we hold him till Jan haha

It's a joke. I hope he gets traded now, but I highly doubt it.:sigh:

shep33
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM

Pretty sure we didn't use it. He fit into the TPE. 8.9 mill for Odom that we still had

ThunderousDemon
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
This Dwight drama is impeding the Lakers from building a decent bench. :mad:

majmarcus
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
The key piece to this trade of the century that NOONE is mentioning....absolutely NOONE is talking about is, wait for it....

I say wait for it...

MIKE JAMES

shep33
07-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Gotta say though, Jamison alone almost averaged as many points as the Lakers bench last year lol. Add in Jordan Hill who's pretty solid, and another perimeter player that we'll likely get. Hopefully Meeks or Delfino (stretch with Delfino).

Aust
07-29-2012, 08:43 PM
MIKE JAMES

:rimshot:

majmarcus
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
^^^^loool...I couldnt resist bro

D12 fan
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
The Magic will cave and accept Bynum/Mcroberts/Blake/Ebanks for Dwight/Jrich.

3ballbomber
07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
This Dwight drama is impeding the Lakers from building a decent bench. :mad:
it's currently stemming any process of building a solid contending team for LA.

Badluck33
07-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Apart from this, there is zero news in the NBA.

Boring.

Can someone please start another Dwight Thread???

lakersiznumber1
07-29-2012, 09:57 PM

we still have the mini mle. Mitch doesn't plan on using it this year on any scrubs only if the player is worth it he might.

shep33
07-29-2012, 09:57 PM
The Magic will cave and accept Bynum/Mcroberts/Blake/Ebanks for Dwight/Jrich.

I don't even think that's caving. Bynum is the best player that Orlando can get back, his willingness to sign is the problem (although I personally think he would re-up). Yeah the Magic aren't getting back valuable picks, but they do get Bynum, McRoberts' expiring, and Blake being an expiring next year, while also unloading probably their 2nd worst contract (Big Baby being the first).

If they want to re-build, the best route is a trade with Houston (after 30 days), or get a 3rd team involved where Bynum can land. That's literally pressing the reset button, which isn't a bad thing either.

Up to Orlando, but I'm starting to question what they actually want to do. Seems like Hennigan wants to rebuild, but Devos probably wants a stud back.

This video seems to best illustrate the dilemma in the Magic FO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM

THE MTL
07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Look, Howard isnt going anywhere till the trade deadline and the idiot might even sign an extension and then ask to traded the following summer lol.

D12 fan
07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
This video seems to best illustrate the dilemma in the Magic FO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:So true.

ldawg
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
The Magic is going down the drain. Its beyond insane they have not traded Howard yet. Longest trade in the history of the NBA. I really wonder if the Magic organization can execute a trade. It seem like they cannot accept Howard is leaving one way or the other.
Magic will play this to the very end. Nets will be back in the hunt January. Magic will think to long and drive away all the better options and the will make a dumb trade and trade Howard in the east and face him 4 times a year on a super team. I can see it now Magic 8 losses to Nets and Miami.

alleyooptocoop
07-30-2012, 02:37 AM
personally, i think the magic want both gasol and bynum. this is why there is so much push and pull between these two teams. if the magic accept anything besides gasol and bynum, they will look like the losers in this trade. they already lost shaq to the lakers, so they must feel they need to save face.

ThunderousDemon
07-30-2012, 02:43 AM
I don't even think that's caving. Bynum is the best player that Orlando can get back, his willingness to sign is the problem (although I personally think he would re-up). Yeah the Magic aren't getting back valuable picks, but they do get Bynum, McRoberts' expiring, and Blake being an expiring next year, while also unloading probably their 2nd worst contract (Big Baby being the first).

If they want to re-build, the best route is a trade with Houston (after 30 days), or get a 3rd team involved where Bynum can land. That's literally pressing the reset button, which isn't a bad thing either.

Up to Orlando, but I'm starting to question what they actually want to do. Seems like Hennigan wants to rebuild, but Devos probably wants a stud back.

LOL!!! :clap:

ThunderousDemon
07-30-2012, 02:44 AM
I have a feeling that Dwight is definitely going to be traded this week. :D

49erGiantLaker
07-30-2012, 02:45 AM
personally, i think the magic want both gasol and bynum. this is why there is so much push and pull between these two teams. if the magic accept anything besides gasol and bynum, they will look like the losers in this trade. they already lost shaq to the lakers, so they must feel they need to save face.

Not going to happen.

naps
07-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Great thread. Dwight is rarely discussed on PSD. It's nice to see him being discussed here.

shep33
07-30-2012, 02:49 AM
He'll get traded back to Orlando is some kinky 3-way deal... oh wait, I've made this joke before. Do you know why I've made it before? Because we've been talking about this for a year.

ThunderousDemon
07-30-2012, 02:55 AM
He'll get traded back to Orlando is some kinky 3-way deal... oh wait, I've made this joke before. Do you know why I've made it before? Because we've been talking about this for a year.

:rimshot:

*Slow clap

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 02:58 AM

That is definitely what it seems like. The lakers seem to be interested in almost every free agent wing but they have not done anything because they are waiting on a potential trade. If the Lakers were to go out there and sign a wing and someone else, then that will indicate that a dwight howard trade is far from happening, but considering everything is quiet right now, no teams are doing anything, this signals that a trade may happen with in the next few days.

Normally, it is always like that before a super trade happens. Out of nowhere a trade pops up and happens. When a trade is rumored to be happening more then 3 days with the assets moving being leaked, that trade never happens. But we do not know anything right now about a possible trade, so I expect everyone to get surprised by this next trade that will occur.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:00 AM
You know what sucks??

We all think the drama is bad this offseason, just wait until he pulls this ******** next summer. You know he loves all this attention.

hahahaahaha lol im telling you this is the new trend in the NBA.......... super teams and superstars demanding trades. It is going to start with kevin Love pretty soon, since their has already been a small rumor started that if the Wolves don't make it, Love will demand a trade, then it will go on to the other superstars too.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Wait, I thought he was supposed to be traded last week? Or was that the week before?

lol I think that is what I thought too and probably what Dwight Howard thought too. He was supposed to be traded by last year's trade deadline, but instead he put it on himself by accepting the 1 year extension that kept him for another year.
It was his fault that he did not end it and it will be his fault if this thing goes on. Many were surprised Dwight was picking up his player option, this could have ended last trade deadline or he would have become a free agent right now and signed with a team.
Dwight does not realize he is going to be the next hated player in the NBA....... Lebron is saying to himself "No more Lebron Jokes! Thanks Dwight!!!"

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:04 AM
That article is pure speculation and rehash.

Yeah I know, just like every other article that has been written. We have been basically lied to by Dwight Howard's agent who has been leaking everything and making up almost every single rumor.
But there is nothing new to talk about so I thought it would be cool to just start this new Dwight Howard thread.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:06 AM

LOL everyone is saying that. I admit, even I am saying that. Man I mean, if it wasn't for this Drama then we would not even be talking about basketball right now. We all love this stuff, I love it, you love it, THE NBA LOVES IT FOR SURE!

This is what brings the attention to the NBA, David Stern loves this "soap opra" because it is making him loads of money and drawing lots of attention.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:08 AM
It's a joke. I hope he gets traded now, but I highly doubt it.:sigh:

I am just waiting for the next article to be put up, that says......... "Just spoke with Magic GM Rob Hennigan, and he says a trade will not happen anytime soon" Of course someone is going to shoot down this latest rumor just like they have been doing for the past year.
Remember this is all speculation but if you think about and connect the dots, the right time to trade Howard is right now.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Pretty sure we didn't use it. He fit into the TPE. 8.9 mill for Odom that we still had

We used the trade player exception on Steve Nash by sending the Suns 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks along with the trade player exception.
We had Jordan Hill's player rights and we used that to resign him so we still have the mini-midlevel exception to use but most likely do not need to use it because players like Jodie Meeks, Michael Redd, and Tracy Mcgrady can be signed for the veteran minimum.
If the lakers trade for dwight howard they will be getting Jason Richardson as well so they wont need to use the mini-midlevel to sign someone and add more to their already huge luxury tax.
But if nothing happens and they move on then I expect them to sign Jodie Meeks for the vet minimum and then use the mini-midlevel on Leandro Barbosa, Mickael Pietrus, or Matt Barnes.

douglas
07-30-2012, 03:15 AM
I think that Dwight Howard is really good at making slam dunks. Where ever he gets traded, I think he will make a lot of slam dunks for his team.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Apart from this, there is zero news in the NBA.

Boring.

Can someone please start another Dwight Thread???

Yeah this is the thing. This might be good news that their is "zero news" in the NBA. When a trade happens it normally always happens after things are super quiet. Watch, a trade is going to catch us by surprise.
It is going to be so quick that all the waiting we did for the past year or 2 is not going to be worth it.

We will just wake up one day (hopefully in a couple of weeks) and see that Howard has been traded and nothing else. No more "amost traded", or speculation that he will be traded..... it will just happen like that.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:21 AM

LOL nice video. That video sums everything up.

But I think you are right. Rob Hennigan wants to rebuild, being a young GM, having a young coach, and then getting young players too. But Devos has said it all along that he would love to win a title and stay competitive because he is apparently super old (in the late 80's) and doesn't want to die before he wins.

But it is looking like he is going to die before he wins.

The trade you mentioned is basically what the Lakers and Magic will be doing but the Magic will send Andrew Bynum in that trade you mentioned along with Turkoglu and Davis to a third team for other young players and draft picks.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:24 AM
The Magic is going down the drain. Its beyond insane they have not traded Howard yet. Longest trade in the history of the NBA. I really wonder if the Magic organization can execute a trade. It seem like they cannot accept Howard is leaving one way or the other.
Magic will play this to the very end. Nets will be back in the hunt January. Magic will think to long and drive away all the better options and the will make a dumb trade and trade Howard in the east and face him 4 times a year on a super team. I can see it now Magic 8 losses to Nets and Miami.

Yep. This is becoming very similar to the Denver Nuggets drama and I think all these rumors are just nonsense and distracting us and taking time from our summer when we could be outside, camping, picnicking, and running around the park:clap:

But I still sense (my spidey senses, or my tinga ling senses, alright this is getting corny) that Dwight Howard gets traded to the lakers within this next month.

Dwight Howard just fits perfectly in the LA spotlight. He lives there, he is funny, is an actor, fits the hollywood bill, will get lots of money from on the court and off the court and will compete for a title with the best supporting cast he has ever had.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:26 AM
I have a feeling that Dwight is definitely going to be traded this week. :D

hahahahahah thank you. Me too. I had this same feeling 2 weeks ago so......:mad:

But i just feel it...... I FEEEEEEELLLLLLL ITTTTT!!!!:clap:

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Great thread. Dwight is rarely discussed on PSD. It's nice to see him being discussed here.

Thanks, I thought I would try and start something new. Its a shame how no one ever thought about posting something about Dwight Howard...... but you know, it takes great minds to come up with these type of things......... IM A BADASS :cool:

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I know this is probably boring for many people, including me. Just talking about the same thing over and over again for the past year but what do you think about a possible trade.

Lets say that Howard is traded this week, where do you think he will go and for what kind of package.

I can see a cavs, magic, lakers trade like this:

magic get: anderson varejao, daniel gibson, luke walton, omiri cassipi, devin ebanks, josh mcroberts, steve blake, andrew goudelock, and draft picks

cavaliers get: andrew bynum, hedo turkoglu, glen davis, and a draft pick from the lakers

lakers get: dwight howard, jason richardson, and chris duhon

I can also see a rockets, lakers, and magic trade like this:

magic get: kevin martin, patrick patterson, chandler parsons, jeremy lamb and possibly another rookie like terrence jones or donates matiejunas along with draft picks

rockets get: andrew bynum, hedo turkoglu, glen davis, christian eyenga and a draft pick from the lakers

lakers get: howard, richardson, and duhon

Make up some packages that you think can happen.

Most likely package that will be made up is Dwight Howard to the bobcats
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=88ewbsp

But throw out some trade packages, some realistic ones please if you want.

sharqstealth
07-30-2012, 04:18 AM
OKC should try to get Howard, for Harden and Ibaka. They are going to lose Harden in the near future anyway...

Laker Legend42
07-30-2012, 04:32 AM
They say this week because August is nba vacation month. If nothing happens by Tuesday this might stretch to the start of training camp..

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 04:58 AM
They say this week because August is nba vacation month. If nothing happens by Tuesday this might stretch to the start of training camp..

yeah i know damn i hope something happens and dwight howard gets traded. this is also the week that most rookies are able to be traded so that is why too. Damn I hope something happens and the previous rumors from a couple weeks ago are true that the magic will trade dwight howard by early August.

Well we will just have to wait.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 05:00 AM
OKC should try to get Howard, for Harden and Ibaka. They are going to lose Harden in the near future anyway...

I dont think they will get howard but they will most likely trade james harden just like they did with jeff green a couple years ago. serge ibaka needs an extension and they wont be able to if harden is still there.
I see them trading james harden to a team that has a veteran shooting guard and another big man to add more depth to the thunder.
But which team will get harden, we still dont know. I still like Thabo Sefalosha and feel like Harden can be replaced easily by someone else, maybe andre igoudala???

hidalgo
07-30-2012, 05:06 AM
i don't think the Nets would be a super team with Dwight, they'd just be really good, but unable to beat Miami. now if they wanna be complete morons, they'll trade him to LA, lose their 2nd HOF center to that team, & create a true super team. i bet anything that's exactly what they'll do (& the Lakers thugs in return won't kill eveyone in the Magic owner's family) no other explanation to help LA like that, they're gonna stink regardless of what they get in this trade. they should just take Brook Lopez, avoid creating a 2 or 3 peat for LA, & avoid losing another great center to LA. but the morons will deal him to LA, 100% lock, so yeee haww

faridk89
07-30-2012, 05:50 AM
anyone who creates a useless d.howard thread should get IP banned

Mave1002
07-30-2012, 06:08 AM

See, there's this thing called an 'option' not to post anything.

The mere fact that youre here, posting, only means youre somewhat interested and that youre also trying to keep up.

Sorry, but if you think that threads like these are ridiculously useless, you shouldnt be here.

If you dont like it, just ignore it.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 07:02 AM

if you dont like the thread you dont need to post or read any of it. There are tons of threads that I look at that sound cool but then they look useless so I move on to the other. I am not going to go on and rant about everything that is awful or that I do not like.

Thanks for the comment but I dont think anyone will get IP banned for posting a thread.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 07:05 AM
See, there's this thing called an 'option' not to post anything.

The mere fact that youre here, posting, only means youre somewhat interested and that youre also trying to keep up.

Sorry, but if you think that threads like these are ridiculously useless, you shouldnt be here.

If you dont like it, just ignore it.

yeah I don't think this guy understood that. If you don't like a thread just move on and don't comment. This just shows that either you are jealous that you are not a part of the thread or that you are interested just like what you said bro.
Its stupid how people get on here and start complaining about how a certain thread is awful.
But its cool lets just go on and talk about Dwight Howard!
:clap::clap::clap:

JordansBulls
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Go to Chicago Dwight.

LakersIn5
07-30-2012, 11:29 AM
please hennigan trade him to the lakers already

sep11ie
07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Go to Chicago Dwight.

Yea Dwight, and bring T-Mac with you!

Dwight+T-Mac= HCA baby! And everybody knows HCA automatically= CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Iceman_9
07-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Trade him to the Lakers so we can live normal lives again.

D12 fan
07-30-2012, 01:09 PM

lmao at your sig,I remember watching that game live it was the official end of the athletic Tmac.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Dwight Howard will be traded to the Lakers......... but the thing is it is becoming tougher for the magic and lakers to find a 3rd team that has what the magic want. the cavs are said to be stubborn and are not willing to give up as much and the rockets have struggles with their already signed big contracts in lin and asik and are not sure if they want to help out the lakers get the man that the rockets were looking at.

So at the end of the day, dwight will eventually become a Laker but no one knows how.

I tried looking for the link that I read but I cannot find it anymore. I read it like a couple hours ago.

King41
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
i don't think the rockets will help the lakers to get dh12, rockets want dwight not bynum.
So with the cavs maybe out of the race which team will step up and help the lakers to get the trade done?
A chance that GSW get involved?

D12 fan
07-30-2012, 03:01 PM
If the Rockets wanted Dwight they would have had him by now,they just signed their 3 rookies and they can't be traded till Aug.26,I think Houston has lowball Orlando a offer thinking they would accept but Hennigan said no.Houston is not giving up a lot for a Dwight rental.Morey would be stupid to trade all his assets for Dwight and be left with Dwight/Lin scrubs.Houston want's to trade for Dwight and add another star to play with Dwight in Houston.This is why I think a trade with LA will happen,because Orlando has no other options either take Houston's low ball offer or take Bynum/fillers for Dwight/bad contract.

Orlando is by far the worst frontoffice in the NBA,they chose Jameer over Anderson and they overpaid him at 8mil a year.SMH

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
i don't think the rockets will help the lakers to get dh12, rockets want dwight not bynum.
So with the cavs maybe out of the race which team will step up and help the lakers to get the trade done?
A chance that GSW get involved?

At the end of the day it might just be dwight, richardson, and duhon to the lakers for bynum, mcroberts, blake, ebanks, goudelock, eyenga and some draft picks.

But i still think some team will get involved in the trade or the magic opt to keep bynum and try trading him at the trade deadline.

I dont know. I think the lakers and magic have an agreement but they are looking for a third team which has become a struggle.

I still hope cleveland get sinvolved just to end it, but the cavs gave the nets a hard time when they were in that trade process too so we will see.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:09 PM
If the Rockets wanted Dwight they would have had him by now,they just signed their 3 rookies and they can't be traded till Aug.26,I think Houston has lowball Orlando a offer thinking they would accept but Hennigan said no.Houston is not giving up a lot for a Dwight rental.Morey would be stupid to trade all his assets for Dwight and be left with Dwight/Lin scrubs.Houston want's to trade for Dwight and add another star to play with Dwight in Houston.This is why I think a trade with LA will happen,because Orlando has no other options either take Houston's low ball offer or take Bynum/fillers for Dwight/bad contract.

Orlando is by far the worst frontoffice in the NBA,they chose Jameer over Anderson and they overpaid him at 8mil a year.SMH

If that was what the magic wanted, it would have happened a long time ago but the magic are looking for more. I keep saying they want an all out super package kind of like the denver nuggets trade with the knicks but at the end of the day they will realize that is not happening.

I think the lakers and magic have an agreement for their pieces and what is moving to LA and Orlando but they are looking for a third team to take bynum and the bad contracts in order to get something done.

I am starting to think that nothing will happen and dwight howard will just start the season in orlando. Really the magic have these next 2 weeks to get something done before everything goes super quiet and people go on vacation and training camp starts.

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM

actually the team that get T-mac will most likely lose in the first round lol

just look at it. he is a curse to lose in the first round and he gives his team that curse too.

perfect example is the atlanta hawks. he signs with them last year and they lose in the first round after making it to the second round for the past 4 years or something like that. when he was in houston they had teams that can compete for a title but they lost in the first round.

so if the lakers get howard that is amazing but if T-mac comes along.......... ITS OVER!!:facepalm:

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
well these rumors are looking more and more like a joke. I started it and well this could go on for days and we can still keep speculating but at the end of the week dwight howard will not get traded.

this was just a guy posting lies and naming these unnamed sources. but since he is a journalist we have to believe him lol our minds these days are just brainwashed from the social media that we believe anything we read or see or hear.

But the rumor was kind of interesting because it can be believable if you look at it.

Things are awfully quiet right now in the NBA, especially in terms of the dwight howard talks. That is when normally a trade happens. they normally come out and surprise everyone. Plus the magic have finally hired a head coach and now they will sit with him and see what he wants.
if he says "I think it is best to trade howard and lets just start rebuilding" then the magic will most likely do that.
It is not fair to have a new gm, new coach and dwight howard around for distractions that will make the new coach and gm look bad. Although I blame this whole thing on Magic management and Rob Hennigan is a horrible inexperienced GM.
I don't like it when a young coach is hired who has players that are older then him, and GM's..... come on!

Kurt Thomas is older then this guy by like 12 years and he still plays in the NBA.

sep11ie
07-30-2012, 04:11 PM
actually the team that get T-mac will most likely lose in the first round lol

just look at it. he is a curse to lose in the first round and he gives his team that curse too.

perfect example is the atlanta hawks. he signs with them last year and they lose in the first round after making it to the second round for the past 4 years or something like that. when he was in houston they had teams that can compete for a title but they lost in the first round.

so if the lakers get howard that is amazing but if T-mac comes along.......... ITS OVER!!:facepalm:

T'was sarcasm...

mbsalame123
07-31-2012, 03:18 AM
T'was sarcasm...

TRACY MCGRADY TO THE BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS:clap::clap::clap:

bulls = 1st round exit:facepalm:

Aust
07-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Can you stop quad posting? It's annoying

i don't think the Nets would be a super team with Dwight, they'd just be really good, but unable to beat Miami. now if they wanna be complete morons, they'll trade him to LA, lose their 2nd HOF center to that team, & create a true super team. i bet anything that's exactly what they'll do (& the Lakers thugs in return won't kill eveyone in the Magic owner's family) no other explanation to help LA like that, they're gonna stink regardless of what they get in this trade. they should just take Brook Lopez, avoid creating a 2 or 3 peat for LA, & avoid losing another great center to LA. but the morons will deal him to LA, 100% lock, so yeee haww

Dude you are so pathetic, what a petty poster :violin:

ThunderousDemon
07-31-2012, 03:38 AM
i don't think the nets would be a super team with dwight, they'd just be really good, but unable to beat miami. Now if they wanna be complete morons, they'll trade him to la, lose their 2nd hof center to that team, & create a true super team. I bet anything that's exactly what they'll do (& the lakers thugs in return won't kill eveyone in the magic owner's family) no other explanation to help la like that, they're gonna stink regardless of what they get in this trade. They should just take brook lopez, avoid creating a 2 or 3 peat for la, & avoid losing another great center to la. But the morons will deal him to la, 100% lock, so yeee haww

wtf!!!

Sssmush
07-31-2012, 04:10 AM
Cool stories.

Anyway, even though Hennigan can't pull any trades until he gets permission from above, he is likely to be trying to figure out what deal they can do, and I assume there must be some conversations going on, between Hennigan, the Lakers and the agents. Although I am not sure... we haven't heard anything and it is possible that Houston, Lakers and Brooklyn have all pulled out, and Orlando is just turtled up right now.

But... here's my two cents on a deal. If they are talking to anybody, it is to Bynum's agent. At the end of the day, the only deal that can make sense for Orlando is if they get Bynum AND he stays there and signs.

Think about it, Orlando would keep Dwight, right? If Dwight would re-sign, they'd sign him to a 10 year deal if they could. So why wouldn't they want Bynum?

This idea that Orlando doesn't want Bynum, I don't know where that idea started but it surely wrong. And the idea that Orlando would prefer the crap and cap relief they can get by bringing in a third team to take Bynum must be wrong too. They need Bynum, packaged and signed, for the deal to work for Orlando.

So... if there are any "talks" going on behind the scenes (which it doesn't seem that there are, but maybe) it probably starts with reaching out to Bynum to see if his agent will accept a trade there and be willing to sign.

mbsalame123
07-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Cool stories.

Anyway, even though Hennigan can't pull any trades until he gets permission from above, he is likely to be trying to figure out what deal they can do, and I assume there must be some conversations going on, between Hennigan, the Lakers and the agents. Although I am not sure... we haven't heard anything and it is possible that Houston, Lakers and Brooklyn have all pulled out, and Orlando is just turtled up right now.

But... here's my two cents on a deal. If they are talking to anybody, it is to Bynum's agent. At the end of the day, the only deal that can make sense for Orlando is if they get Bynum AND he stays there and signs.

Think about it, Orlando would keep Dwight, right? If Dwight would re-sign, they'd sign him to a 10 year deal if they could. So why wouldn't they want Bynum?

This idea that Orlando doesn't want Bynum, I don't know where that idea started but it surely wrong. And the idea that Orlando would prefer the crap and cap relief they can get by bringing in a third team to take Bynum must be wrong too. They need Bynum, packaged and signed, for the deal to work for Orlando.

So... if there are any "talks" going on behind the scenes (which it doesn't seem that there are, but maybe) it probably starts with reaching out to Bynum to see if his agent will accept a trade there and be willing to sign.

exactly! you are 100% right man. bynum is the second best center in the nba and if he can improve and mature he can even be the best center in the NBA. He is the definition of a Center. A big man that is unathletic and stands in the post all day (examples are shaq, kareem, wilt chamberlin, bill russell).... dwight is too athletic to be a pure center, that is why he can not play in the post effectively like bynum.

The magic would be stupid to accept a package from the cavs which would basically be expiring contracts and draft picks that well are not good at all if you think about it. the mavericks and heat will not be lottery teams anytime soon and the cavs will improve if they add bynum so those picks will be in the 20's range.

The best package is getting bynum, mcroberts, blake, ebanks, goudelock and some draft picks. that way they can stay competitive while rebuilding too.

MagicBucsSox
07-31-2012, 06:17 AM
exactly! you are 100% right man. bynum is the second best center in the nba and if he can improve and mature he can even be the best center in the NBA. He is the definition of a Center. A big man that is unathletic and stands in the post all day (examples are shaq, kareem, wilt chamberlin, bill russell).... dwight is too athletic to be a pure center, that is why he can not play in the post effectively like bynum.

The magic would be stupid to accept a package from the cavs which would basically be expiring contracts and draft picks that well are not good at all if you think about it. the mavericks and heat will not be lottery teams anytime soon and the cavs will improve if they add bynum so those picks will be in the 20's range.

The best package is getting bynum, mcroberts, blake, ebanks, goudelock and some draft picks. that way they can stay competitive while rebuilding too.

Stop posting, you are Clueless. I guess David Robinson and Dream weren't "real" centers. That LAL package is trash and you don't know the magic roster nor situation to speak

mbsalame123
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Stop posting, you are Clueless. I guess David Robinson and Dream weren't "real" centers. That LAL package is trash and you don't know the magic roster nor situation to speak

I did not name all of them. Dwight is just another athletic type of player. Similar to blake griffin, athletic as hell and super strong. have u ever seen dwight do an actual post move? NOPE

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Are u joking? Dwight has post moves... saying you never seen Dwight do a post move is just ignorant

Zbeezee86
07-31-2012, 09:21 AM
The 3-Team deal between the Lakers, Rockets, and Magic is the only logical and realsitic way this can all end.

Lakers Get:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Patrick Patterson

Rockets Get:
Andrew Bynum
Devin Ebanks
Hedo Turk
Glen Davis

Magic Get:
Josh Mcroberts Expiring Contract
kevin Martin Expiring Contract
Royce White/ or J Lamb
Terrance Jones
2 1st Round Draft Picks (Torontos top 10 pick next year via Lowry trade)

End this already!!

D12 fan
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
The 3-Team deal between the Lakers, Rockets, and Magic is the only logical and realsitic way this can all end.

Lakers Get:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Patrick Patterson

Rockets Get:
Andrew Bynum
Devin Ebanks
Hedo Turk
Glen Davis

Magic Get:
Royce White/ or J Lamb
Terrance Jones

End this already!!

That's a great trade for all teams,but it's still up to the Magic they are stubborn and they want a Denver like deal for Dwight.

8kobe24
07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
I did not name all of them. Dwight is just another athletic type of player. Similar to blake griffin, athletic as hell and super strong. have u ever seen dwight do an actual post move? NOPE

:facepalm: This warrants a closed thread.

dsonLAL24
07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
close it.

Lakeshow24KB
07-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Smh

mbsalame123
07-31-2012, 05:20 PM

Lakers Get:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Patrick Patterson

Rockets Get:
Andrew Bynum
Devin Ebanks
Hedo Turk
Glen Davis

Magic Get:
Royce White/ or J Lamb
Terrance Jones

End this already!!

I like that trade you put up there and here is mine.

magic get: kevin martin, josh mcroberts, terrence jones, jeremy lamb, andrew goudelock, devin ebanks, patrick patterson, marcus morris, and draft picks

rockets get: andrew bynum, hedo turkoglu, glen davis, and christian eyenga

but if the rockets say they dont want glen davis in the trade then they can easily take back quenton richardson and possibly give up an extra draft pick.

But I think at the end of the day the magic will get rid of turkoglu, richardson, davis, and duhon while getting the necessary draft picks, expiring contracts, and young players.
the rockets get their big man and dont have to take on that many contracts and the lakers get their man and the contracts they absorb will prove to be perfect fits with what the lakers need which is a backup point guard (duhon) and a 3 point shooter (richardson).

this trade is almost too good to be true, I am not saying mine or yours, but just the potential of a three team trade is amazing with the rockets, lakers and magic...... lets get it done........ and the magic get that similar nuggets package where they are boatloaded with young talent, draft picks, and cap flexibility.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
:sleep:

Sssmush
07-31-2012, 06:54 PM

Lakers Get:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Patrick Patterson

Rockets Get:
Andrew Bynum
Devin Ebanks
Hedo Turk
Glen Davis

Magic Get:
Royce White/ or J Lamb
Terrance Jones

End this already!!

If and when Orlando gets to the point where they are ready to actually trade Dwight (sorry, they aren't there yet!) then I think they start pushing for Bynum to come to Orlando, make the case to him for signing an extension in Orlando or guaranteeing somehow that he will extend.

Dade County
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Like I have always been saying... Bynum is the wild card in all of this.

I can see him saying, I want to become a free agent and test the market... But other posters on here keep on saying that anywhere Bynum is traded to he will resign ( he doesn't want to loss that 20mil, blah blah). Thats your logic, stop thinking everyone thinks the same.

No one here knows what Bynum truly wants; only Bynum and maybe his agent does. Bynum can easily say to the Lakers, I will only resign with this particular team, and when he's agent informs other teams that are trying to get in on the Howard deal, to try to get Bynum, "(Agent)- My client will not promise he will resign with you... he wants to test free agency"

DEAL breaker!

Bynum might want more rings and the money... We just don't no, so let it play out; and this ordeal will last until next year free agency.

ESPN: Where will Howard & Bynum sign.

EDUTEXANS
07-31-2012, 07:56 PM

Lakers Get:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson
Patrick Patterson

Rockets Get:
Andrew Bynum
Devin Ebanks
Hedo Turk
Glen Davis

Magic Get:
Royce White/ or J Lamb
Terrance Jones

End this already!!

hahahaha lol, so the Lakers trade Bynum and get Howard, J-Rich and Patterson? I don't even think they can absorve Richardson's contract. Rockets getting raped big time.

Gritz
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
People fighting back and forth saying stuff like "were going to offer this" and "were not going to accept that" as if y'all work in the front office of anything other than your video game room

numba1CHANGsta
07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
The Magic are gonna suck bad next year :facepalm:

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Magic fans are so butt-hurt and whiney over everything that dosent cater to them,unless you post a trade that gives them the friggin ring on a platter they'll call you "stupid" "stop posting" and "Our FO arent stupid"...well guess what guys your front office dose suck dwight is NOT coming back so get the ***** over it and stop bashing laker fans out of spite.....im doing this for all my laker fans who get attacked by dumb magic fans who cant see the writing on the wall. YOUR not getting 80 first round picks dumping ALL your bad contracts and receive tremendous cap relief YOU WILL be taking the deal thats on the table or its just going to get worse get off that pipe.....we do have bynum to fall back on what about you????

omagicdon
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
people fighting back and forth saying stuff like "were going to offer this" and "were not going to accept that" as if y'all work in the front office of anything other than your video game room

aaaaaaaa------meeeeen....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Magic fans are so butt-hurt and whiney over everything that dosent cater to them,unless you post a trade that gives them the friggin ring on a platter they'll call you "stupid" "stop posting" and "Our FO arent stupid"...well guess what guys your front office dose suck dwight is NOT coming back so get the ***** over it and stop bashing laker fans out of spite.....im doing this for all my laker fans who get attacked by dumb magic fans who cant see the writing on the wall. YOUR not getting 80 first round picks dumping ALL your bad contracts and receive tremendous cap relief YOU WILL be taking the deal thats on the table or its just going to get worse get off that pipe.....we do have bynum to fall back on what about you????

I haven't seen any magic fans say any of these things bro I dunno what your talking about....

I know I haven't said that kinda stuff ... most us magic fans are cool with a young assets an expiring and a pick ... shed a bad contract maybe 2 at most .... the only deal I never was big on was the nets deal I'd rather get bynum mcrobs eyeanga ebanks maybe Blake, for Dwight and duhon or jrich or both .... even if bynum. Leaves us at least we have exprings and gain cap space .... a nets deal gives us no cap relief

omagicdon
07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
And lopez....I co-sign trav....

omagicdon
07-31-2012, 10:42 PM
and y are WE the bad guys,cause we dnt want scraps or trades similar to ones already been discussed?
Every1 is quick to bash a MAGIC fan....fug ya

still1ballin
07-31-2012, 11:13 PM
and y are WE the bad guys,cause we dnt want scraps or trades similar to ones already been discussed?

ayo! fo sho man, dey b sippin on sum hizzurp ya mean?

ldawg
07-31-2012, 11:29 PM
get over it you never get back equal value in a trade. Magic is being a little foolish but its understandable. But the longer they wait the worst the offers get. Howard is in control were he goes at the moment. The Magic has their franchise in limbo for a very long time. They are not only doing damage now but they are hurting there chances of keeping future stars in the future. Dont think fans are the only ones looking. I never picture Orlando as a team that no one wants to play for but i think they are going down that path. The more Howard refuse to remain a Magic the more people wonder about them. It indicate something is not right. It started out as Howard the bad guy now the table has turn its more whats wrong with the magic. They are the ones who will be on damage control when the dust is settled.

Sssmush
07-31-2012, 11:58 PM
get over it you never get back equal value in a trade. Magic is being a little foolish but its understandable. But the longer they wait the worst the offers get. Howard is in control were he goes at the moment. The Magic has their franchise in limbo for a very long time. They are not only doing damage now but they are hurting there chances of keeping future stars in the future. Dont think fans are the only ones looking. I never picture Orlando as a team that no one wants to play for but i think they are going down that path. The more Howard refuse to remain a Magic the more people wonder about them. It indicate something is not right. It started out as Howard the bad guy now the table has turn its more whats wrong with the magic. They are the ones who will be on damage control when the dust is settled.

this ^^

ldawg
08-01-2012, 12:08 AM
The stupidest thing the Magic can do is trade Howard on a super them within their conference. I strongly think that is what will happen. They might be holding of the see if Lopez knee is good. La will pull out soon and move on. One or two things will happen either he is stupidly traded to nets or he will sign with Dallas and Magic gets crap.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Your so dumb you dont even know it was Lopez foot that got hurt not his knee

#cluelessposter

ThunderousDemon
08-01-2012, 12:28 AM

#cluelessposter

I saw what you did there. :D

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Hahahaha damn u demon I caught it though

#epicfail:

Props that made me lol

shep33
08-01-2012, 01:09 AM
I still think Houston is in the mix. Maybe a surprise team shows up soon, who knows.

Eagles710
08-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Any Chance we can take a vote or something about banning ALL D-12 threads... Ill be honest i for one HATE seeing them, This is the first one i actually clicked on in weeks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Then don't click on them....

Losoway
08-01-2012, 01:53 AM
*yawn*

eternal slumber
08-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Any Chance we can take a vote or something about banning ALL D-12 threads... Ill be honest i for one HATE seeing them, This is the first one i actually clicked on in weeks

i agree on this. maybe we can talk about it again when he's already been traded.

PleaseBeNice
08-01-2012, 02:37 AM
seriously. no more threads until something actually happens

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Like I have always been saying... Bynum is the wild card in all of this.

I can see him saying, I want to become a free agent and test the market... But other posters on here keep on saying that anywhere Bynum is traded to he will resign ( he doesn't want to loss that 20mil, blah blah). Thats your logic, stop thinking everyone thinks the same.

No one here knows what Bynum truly wants; only Bynum and maybe his agent does. Bynum can easily say to the Lakers, I will only resign with this particular team, and when he's agent informs other teams that are trying to get in on the Howard deal, to try to get Bynum, "(Agent)- My client will not promise he will resign with you... he wants to test free agency"

DEAL breaker!

Bynum might want more rings and the money... We just don't no, so let it play out; and this ordeal will last until next year free agency.

ESPN: Where will Howard & Bynum sign.

I think so too but I think since bynum has already experienced winning at such an early age and is now becoming like a star player that a team can build around, he would be intrigued to go to a team where he is finally considered "the man". In Orlando it would be all about him, especially if they kept him because he would be their next big guy that will have fans cheering for him even harder because he will have to compete to become better then dwight howard.

If he goes to houston or the cavs he will be considered the 2nd man with kyrie or lin as the stars.

If im the magic I just go for the bynum package and send dwight with richardson and duhon to the lakers but if they want the picks and young players then they will just have to wait.

People fighting back and forth saying stuff like "were going to offer this" and "were not going to accept that" as if y'all work in the front office of anything other than your video game room

hahahahahahhaha true man lol and then when something happens they are all like "NO that is a dumb move why did they do it and not listen to me!" I admit I do the same thing sometimes.

I dont think it is that but I think it is because of dwight howard. he has caused the magic front office to be hated on.

A perfect example is the Denver Nuggets who waited so long and got their perfect package that was probably better then what the knicks got with melo lol. No one hated on the Nuggets they were true supporters because the nuggets went out there and said "we are trading melo but will wait for the perfect package"..... the thing with the magic is that they have not said that they keep saying "we want to resign howard and keep him, but if the right package comes we will trade him."

That is what is making us fans mad at you guys. you wont make a decision on if you want to shut up and keep him or trade him. Everyday we wake up to something new, its either Rob Hennigan saying he will trade howard or Rob saying he will keep howard..... just make your final decision already and we will wait for a trade to happen.

As long as we know what is going to happen then that will make things better.
We knew melo was going to get traded before the trade deadline because the Nuggets Front Office went out there immediately and said that. But the Magic have not done that yet.

they are still both the bad guys but most of the blame is going towards the magic because they wont make a decision. They just keep changing their minds every day.
If they go out there in public and say we will keep howard until the trade deadline then things will become better and we will hate on dwight more but they wont.

The nuggets front office was different. They went out there in the summer and said they were keeping melo until the trade deadline but will trade him near the trade deadline and that is what they did and they got such an amazing package because they were not whiney and changing their minds the whole time, unlike Rob Hennigan.

Teams are going to low ball Hennigan if he waits longer and the magic will get screwed. In this new CBA the magic can not get what the nuggets got in a package due to all of those restrictions.
As time goes on the offers will get worse. The nets are not going to offer up the same package they did in the summer because lopez has a max deal that can technically make it be a lopez for howard trade, so the nets are not exactly in dire need of howard so they would offer a low ball deal and see if the magic except it because come trade deadline the lakers will have a nice team with good chemistry and they wont want to mess that up and the rockets will not want to rent howard for half of a season and then have him bail out on them.

But the magic wont understand that.

they are still both the bad guys but most of the blame is going towards the magic because they wont make a decision. They just keep changing their minds every day.
If they go out there in public and say we will keep howard until the trade deadline then things will become better and we will hate on dwight more but they wont.

The nuggets front office was different. They went out there in the summer and said they were keeping melo until the trade deadline but will trade him near the trade deadline and that is what they did and they got such an amazing package because they were not whiney and changing their minds the whole time, unlike Rob Hennigan.

Teams are going to low ball Hennigan if he waits longer and the magic will get screwed. In this new CBA the magic can not get what the nuggets got in a package due to all of those restrictions.
As time goes on the offers will get worse. The nets are not going to offer up the same package they did in the summer because lopez has a max deal that can technically make it be a lopez for howard trade, so the nets are not exactly in dire need of howard so they would offer a low ball deal and see if the magic except it because come trade deadline the lakers will have a nice team with good chemistry and they wont want to mess that up and the rockets will not want to rent howard for half of a season and then have him bail out on them.

But the magic wont understand that.

Aust
08-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Dude, you've got to stop quad(QUINT) posting..

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 06:21 AM
my bad guys if i keep quoting but i want to respond to a certain someone so I didn't know what else to do but to quote. This thread will be closing at the end of the week when howard doesn't get traded.

For now whoever doesn't want to talk about this discussion don't post, its that easy, you don't have to complain about how people keep talking about dwight howard or posting this threads that turn out to be useless.

This is a fun thread to keep us entertained about a dwight howard trade if it happens this week, but a trade wont happen! DAMN!!!

Sssmush
08-01-2012, 06:25 AM

This is a really good point.

Dwight is not only not motivated to sign an extension anywhere till after the season, the regulations PREVENT him from signing an extension for max dollars before the end of the season.

This means that there is no way for a much better deal to materialize for the Magic. If they talk to Brooklyn in January, it will be exactly what they talked about in July. If they talk to the Lakers, it will pretty much be exactly what they talked about in July.

Hennigan would've traded Dwight 7 times by now if he was allowed to, which clearly he is not. Notice that as this becomes clearer and clearer the ESPN has backed off of covering this story, just when it really gets interesting. MSNBC only has a new article on it every 3 days now.

Of course the other factor is, the major major factor, is Bynum, will he commit to signing in Orlando if traded there. (And can he, for instance, sign an extension NOW, with the promise from Orlando to exercise his Bird rights and rewrite the extension next Summer, or is that allowed).

But Bynum saying yea or nay is still pointless at this point, because there is nobody at the helm of the Magic to say "OK Bynum will commit, do the deal."

Like, LEBRON could commit to be traded for Dwight, and still nothing would happen, because Hennigan simply can't make that decision, and his superiors are telling him nothing except one thing "find a way to keep Dwight." The End.

Everybody talking smack about how Howard would be a Laker by Friday... this Dwight saga hasn't even BEGUN.

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 06:47 AM
This is a really good point.

Dwight is not only not motivated to sign an extension anywhere till after the season, the regulations PREVENT him from signing an extension for max dollars before the end of the season.

Of course the other factor is, the major major factor, is Bynum, will he commit to signing in Orlando if traded there. (And can he, for instance, sign an extension NOW, with the promise from Orlando to exercise his Bird rights and rewrite the extension next Summer, or is that allowed).

Everybody talking smack about how Howard would be a Laker by Friday... this Dwight saga hasn't even BEGUN.

Yeah since things are super quiet right now I expect something to happen, just watch. I am hearing some rumblings that the cavs, magic, and lakers have the pieces in place for a trade but are waiting for a commitment from howard that he will sign with the lakers in the offseason (kind of like what he did with the magic at the trade deadline where he signed a contract that he was picking up his option), and the cavs are waiting for bynum to sign a 3-4 year extension with the cavs before it happens.
But we will know more in a few hours when the media and reporters are all awake.

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 06:52 AM
there are rumblings that the pieces are set in place for a cavs, magic, lakers trade to happen anytime right now and that they are just waiting for bynum to sign an extension and howard to commit to signing an extension in the offseason before the trade can be official.

Is this true? anyone know anything about this or is it just me that has heard it?

ldawg
08-01-2012, 07:00 AM

#cluelessposterknee, foot, Ankle who cares the only dumb one in this is the Magic. The only ones paying close attention to lopez screw in his ankle is the Magic and Nets. you Mad Howard is leaving? you sound very butt hurt. Like the Magic get over him. With Howard saying his wont be ready until January and his refusal to sign with anyone his trade value is even lower than when they first started to trade him. The longer they wait they are doing more harm than good. He is gone sooner or later and come January if not traded Howard will play the back hurting card. Magic need to take control of there franchise thats why it looks like they dont know what they are doing. Magic are pretending to be in control but their back are against the wall. Every other gm knows this and wont waste their time.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
knee, foot, Ankle who cares the only dumb one in this is the Magic. The only ones paying close attention to lopez screw in his ankle is the Magic and Nets. you Mad Howard is leaving? you sound very butt hurt. Like the Magic get over him. With Howard saying his wont be ready until January and his refusal to sign with anyone his trade value is even lower than when they first started to trade him. The longer they wait they are doing more harm than good. He is gone sooner or later and come January if not traded Howard will play the back hurting card. Magic need to take control of there franchise thats why it looks like they dont know what they are doing. Magic are pretending to be in control but their back are against the wall. Every other gm knows this and wont waste their time.

I agree,the longer Orlando waits the more they lose leverage.I can't see Dwight playing for the Magic I think he will end up resting his back till the trade deadline until he gets traded.Teams are not going to offer a lot for a guy who is coming off back surgery.If Orlando is smart they will trade him before the season.I still don't get why Orlando hired a inexperienced GM 30yrs old to trade Dwight,it's like throwing a fish on dry land it will die.Hennigan has no experience as a head gm and his inexperience is starting to show.

Thegame187
08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
ESPN reporting that the Warriors just landed him for Curry and there new draft pick guy + future picks

zB_#85
08-01-2012, 11:01 AM
ESPN reporting that the Warriors just landed him for Curry and there new draft pick guy + future picks

link or gtfo

Thegame187
08-01-2012, 11:55 AM
just to be clear, are you saying that having a link to a url would make this latest rumor more legit, I have noticed that anything with a link turns out to be nothing, maybe this is the new way forward. What if I was to say I heard this from a guy who knows the Orlando management? maybe i say its guaranteed?

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Yeah and the sky is purple today.:rolleyes:

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 05:14 PM

I heard the bobcats offered 8 draft picks and bismack biyombo for dwight howard and a trade is close to happening. I am hearing michael jordan might be thrown into the deal in order for the bobcats to absorb hedo turkoglu, glen davis, and jason richardson contracts.

mbsalame123
08-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree,the longer Orlando waits the more they lose leverage.I can't see Dwight playing for the Magic I think he will end up resting his back till the trade deadline until he gets traded.Teams are not going to offer a lot for a guy who is coming off back surgery.If Orlando is smart they will trade him before the season.I still don't get why Orlando hired a inexperienced GM 30yrs old to trade Dwight,it's like throwing a fish on dry land it will die.Hennigan has no experience as a head gm and his inexperience is starting to show.

i am hearing that a trade might be close to happening. i dont believe it but i still think that a trade is on the horizon. I think in 1 more week or 2 we will see dwight howard in a lakers jersey in a 3 way trade between the magic, rockets, and lakers.... but we will see.

D12 fan
08-01-2012, 06:22 PM
i am hearing that a trade might be close to happening. i dont believe it but i still think that a trade is on the horizon. I think in 1 more week or 2 we will see dwight howard in a lakers jersey in a 3 way trade between the magic, rockets, and lakers.... but we will see.

I hope so,this Dwightmare has lasted 2 long it's time for it to come to a end.

EDUTEXANS
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
which drama was the worst, this Howard one or the Carmelo one? (assuming Howard gets traded soon)

Aust
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
It's not even a debate at this point, and it can still get worse.

Sssmush
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM
there are rumblings that the pieces are set in place for a cavs, magic, lakers trade to happen anytime right now and that they are just waiting for bynum to sign an extension and howard to commit to signing an extension in the offseason before the trade can be official.

Is this true? anyone know anything about this or is it just me that has heard it?

As far as I know... there is no truth test for "rumblings." I am also very vague on what rumblings even sound like.

Again, and I'm not sure why people don't get this, Hennigan has ZERO authority to trade Dwight right now. The control is exerted from the top, and the top, very clearly, believes they can keep Dwight.

What you are seeing now is the full flower, so to speak, of faith-based thinking patterns. If you simply "believe" hard enough in Magic, then Dwight will magically stay...

Sssmush
08-01-2012, 07:25 PM
just to be clear, are you saying that having a link to a url would make this latest rumor more legit, I have noticed that anything with a link turns out to be nothing, maybe this is the new way forward.

That is awesome. In the absence of any change in Orlando, it may be the best way forward.

Apparently, ESPN has been doing this for years without even telling us... but the Howard situation has gone on so long and so relentlessly, with absolute zero change of stance in Orlando, or even any real talks, that even ESPN has to cool it now, because their method is becoming too obvious.