PDA

View Full Version : Projecting the Best Offenses/Defenses

Chronz
07-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Which teams do you think will be Top5 in Offense/Defense?

Here were the top-10 Teams (Last Year):

Offense:

Spurs
Thunder
Nuggets
Clippers
Bulls
Jazz
Pacers
Heat
Suns
Lakers

Defense

Celtics
Bulls
76'ers
Heat
Knicks
Hawks
Grizzlies
Mavericks
Pacers
Thunder/Spurs

Based on all the movement this year, which teams do you see moving up/down?

Can the Celtics continue ranking so highly? Statistically they werent all that great without KG on the floor, so I think it hinges on his ability to stay healthy/dominant. They have added Lee but I think this is the year they finally start to slip.
The Bulls have lost Brewer/Asik/Rose. All dominant defenders at their position. 76'ers have lost Brand.

I think the Pacers, Knicks and Mavericks have reason to surpass a few of them in the rankings. Thunder have been underachieving IMO so I could see them breaking through as well.

Offensively its hard to see the Bulls staying in the top5 without Rose.

Its really hard guessing which teams will be at the top with so much movement, injuries and age concerns.

DoMeFavors
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Why wouldnt the Nets be a best offense?

Deron
JJ
Wallace
Hump
Lopez
???

StarvingKnick22
07-28-2012, 07:29 PM
knicks top defense over Spurs/Thunder/Hawks? lol no way not yet.

FriedTofuz
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
where are the raptors? they were top 12 and actually will have astarting pg who plays defense. add landry fields ( also plays defense, right knick fans?) and jonas valancunias, good defender and shot blocker. the raptors should definatly make top 10. having a pg who actually plays defense helps significantly since they dont have to do as many switches/ double teams. they can do more isolations..

raptors should definatly be top 10

Vinny642
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
No Hornets... no thread i want to be apart of

knicksfan42
07-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Boy are some of you stupid.

jayjay33
07-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Damn the jazz had a top ten offense?

DoMeFavors
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
where are the raptors? they were top 12 and actually will have astarting pg who plays defense. add landry fields ( also plays defense, right knick fans?) and jonas valancunias, good defender and shot blocker. the raptors should definatly make top 10. having a pg who actually plays defense helps significantly since they dont have to do as many switches/ double teams. they can do more isolations..

They could def be a top defensive team

jayjay33
07-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh and how are we rating? Cause there was all these people saying the knicks were not a good defensive team. So what rating scale are we using? Points? Fg%? Def rating?

FriedTofuz
07-28-2012, 07:44 PM

Deron
JJ
Wallace
Hump
Lopez
???

come on now bro, the nets aquired JJ and get back lopez, that doesnt make them instantly the best scoring team. The nets are ranked 24th in the league, two additions with lopez and JJ doesnt make this team amazingly better. Other teams got better as well, you have to take that into consideration, otherwise you may give off the impressionthat you're a dellustional homer. I would argue that the heat, spurs, and lakers are all and will be better scoring teams than the nets.

FriedTofuz
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Which teams do you think will be Top5 in Offense/Defense?

Offense:

Spurs
Thunder
Nuggets
Clippers
Bulls
Jazz
Pacers
Heat
Suns
Lakers

Defense

Celtics
Bulls
76'ers
Heat
Knicks
Hawks
Grizzlies
Mavericks
Pacers
Thunder/Spurs

Based on all the movement this year, which teams do you see moving up/down?

Can the Celtics continue ranking so highly? Statistically they werent all that great without KG on the floor, so I think it hinges on his ability to stay healthy/dominant. They have added Lee but I think this is the year they finally start to slip.
The Bulls have lost Brewer/Asik/Rose. All dominant defenders at their position. 76'ers have lost Brand.

I think the Pacers, Knicks and Mavericks have reason to surpass a few of them in the rankings. Thunder have been underachieving IMO so I could see them breaking through as well.

Offensively its hard to see the Bulls staying in the top5 without Rose.

Its really hard guessing which teams will be at the top with so much movement, injuries and age concerns.

uh no they werent. Where are you getting your facts from? knicks werent a top 10 defensive team last year. they were ranked 11th. check psd stats.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/

Record

Rank

Points/G

Field Goal %

3-Point %

Free Throw %

Rebounds/G

DoMeFavors
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM
come on now bro, the nets aquired JJ and get back lopez, that doesnt make them instantly the best scoring team. The nets are ranked 24th in the league, two additions with lopez and JJ doesnt make this team amazingly better. Other teams got better as well, you have to take that into consideration, otherwise you may give off the impressionthat you're a dellustional homer. I would argue that the heat, spurs, and lakers are all and will be better scoring teams than the nets.

I didnt say the best I was saying top 10 and yeah Lopez and JJ are added but those two are two of the best offensive players in the league also Wallace will help who only played 16 games last season.

knicksfan42
07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh and how are we rating? Cause there was all these people saying the knicks were not a good defensive team. So what rating scale are we using? Points? Fg%? Def rating?

Offensive Efficiency: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/order/true

Defensive efficiency:http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 07:59 PM

are you joking? they'll be far better than all of those teams defensively. Seems like you are trying to conform to other people on this board not to come off as a homer or something. Im not near as big of a fan of the knicks as others on this board but I know damn well they'll be a top 5 defensive team in the league. Offensively is a whole nother thing. Their only hope is to try to play run and gun with woodson as the head coach.

knicksfan42
07-28-2012, 08:00 PM
are you joking? they'll be far better than all of those teams defensively. Seems like you are trying to conform to other people on this board not to come off as a homer or something. Im not near as big of a fan of the knicks as others on this board but I know damn well they'll be a top 5 defensive team in the league. Offensively is a whole nother thing. Their only hope is to try to play run and gun with woodson as the head coach.

He's an imbecile, ignore him. He's been embarrassing Knicks fans since his join date.

Chronz
07-28-2012, 08:11 PM
uh no they werent. Where are you getting your facts from? knicks werent a top 10 defensive team last year.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html

they were ranked 11th. check psd stats.
I like PSD and all but I prefer stats used by actual statisticians and Stat savvy GMs

DoMeFavors
07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Knicks were the fakest top defensive team out there this year they slowed down the game so their opponent as well as them didnt score a lot of points thats why their offense took a huge dip.

keetyweedy
07-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Offense
1.Thunder
2.Spurs
3.Celtics
4.Clippers
5.Heat

Defense
1.Heat
2.Lakers
3.Boston
4.Spurs
5.Pacers

StarvingKnick22
07-28-2012, 08:24 PM

i dont believe this. top 5? seriously? and since when were you ever a knick fan? our defense will come from Chandler, JKidd, Ronnie Brewer, and an injuried Shumpert. thats top 5? what else? are we a lock for a title this season? we are a team based off of offense. how do you go from a defense ranked from 23rd to top 5? im just trying to be a Realist because if we get dissapointed by our team you guys will say the same thing year, by motha****ing year.

mdm692
07-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Homer prediction here.

Suns will be top 5 offense :p. No lower than 8. Expect SSOL back at a very efficient rate.

MrFastBreak
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Knicks were the fakest top defensive team out there this year they slowed down the game so their opponent as well as them didnt score a lot of points thats why their offense took a huge dip.

Thats why you account for pace. They ranked 5th in defense on a per possession basis. They werent as strong on offense as they were on D but it has nothing to do with pace. You cant keep going by points allowed per game because pace can falsify the numbers in terms of evaluating a team's defensive or offensive worth.

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM

nah their offense took a dip when they had no real pg on the court. As I recall, when jeremy lin and amare was healthy, knicks were kind of playing a fast pace style. Also, slowing down the tempo is not being a fake defense team, that means you are controlling the tempo. Their defense was good, it was their offense that was bad.

ryang
07-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I use nba.com and espn to determine rankings.. You know the official nba stat sheet and they got new york at 11..

So I got

EAST DEFENSE:

1: Miami

2: Chicago

3: Celtics

4: Pacers

5: Knicks

EAST OFFENSE:

1: Miami

2: New york

3: Bucks

4: Brooklyn

5: Indiana

The teams id take in a 7 game series..

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
i dont believe this. top 5? seriously? and since when were you ever a knick fan? our defense will come from Chandler, JKidd, Ronnie Brewer, and an injuried Shumpert. thats top 5? what else? are we a lock for a title this season? we are a team based off of offense. how do you go from a defense ranked from 23rd to top 5? im just trying to be a Realist because if we get dissapointed by our team you guys will say the same thing year, by motha****ing year.

you have it all wrong, the offense is the thing that is holding the knicks back, their defense will carry them to one of the top records in the east this year. you realize ray felt is a good defensive player right? under woodson he will be great defensively(someone actually making him play defense). melo aint as bad defensively as people say also. As, I see it the only weak link defensively on this team is amare and marcus camby(only when playing man to man) other than that marcus camby is one of the best weak side defenders in the league.

ryang
07-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Thats why you account for pace. They ranked 5th in defense on a per possession basis. They werent as strong on offense as they were on D but it has nothing to do with pace. You cant keep going by points allowed per game because pace can falsify the numbers in terms of evaluating a team's defensive or offensive worth.

Your point makes sence but you cant go by just PPP.. New york doesnt have an OKC offense. They are not a fast paced offense.. The yonger people care more about that PPP.. I personally dont have a desire to use that stat but you do.. So rank them how you want..

ryang
07-28-2012, 10:39 PM
you have it all wrong, the offense is the thing that is holding the knicks back, their defense will carry them to one of the top records in the east this year. you realize ray felt is a good defensive player right? under woodson he will be great defensively(someone actually making him play defense). melo aint as bad defensively as people say also. As, I see it the only weak link defensively on this team is amare and marcus camby(only when playing man to man) other than that marcus camby is one of the best weak side defenders in the league.

J.r. smith, novak , mello , amare , are weak links... Camby is not some beast on d.. Reb wise i hear you.. But I do have the knicks as a top 3 team in the east

Blitzbolt
07-28-2012, 10:44 PM
The Grizzlies Lead the NBA in Steals and force turnovers 3 years in a row with Tony Allen and Mike Conley making the top ten in steals for 2 straight years.

But I bet no one really cares about this is ok move on.

Knicks21
07-28-2012, 10:47 PM
uh no they werent. Where are you getting your facts from? knicks werent a top 10 defensive team last year. they were ranked 11th. check psd stats.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/

Record

Rank

Points/G

Field Goal %

3-Point %

Free Throw %

Rebounds/G

The Knicks were top 5, based on real stats.

Knicks21
07-28-2012, 10:48 PM

There is nothing fake about defensive efficiency.

Knicks21
07-28-2012, 10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff I have done this in other threads as well, last year.

Sactown
07-28-2012, 10:49 PM
The Knicks don't have enough two way players..
Amare
Melo
Shump
Chandler
Camby
Novak
Felton

all are a liability on one end of the floor.. it'll be interesting how their lineups work out

MrFastBreak
07-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Your point makes sence but you cant go by just PPP.. New york doesnt have an OKC offense. They are not a fast paced offense.. The yonger people care more about that PPP.. I personally dont have a desire to use that stat but you do.. So rank them how you want..

You cant just go by points allowed per game either. Pace fudges the numbers and there you have a falsified figure. A slower paced team will average less points per game and allow less points per game simply because of the less amount of possessions. So when using per game stats to measure a teams worth, youre misguided to believe in a number that is not true.

I dont think you have the right idea of what PPP really provides. It simply accounts for pace and a team's true possession amount. Pace is not a factor when looking at per game metrics. I think you have them mixed up some kind of way.

Chronz
07-28-2012, 11:56 PM
I use nba.com and espn to determine rankings.. You know the official nba stat sheet and they got new york at 11..
Plz dont hijack this thread to continue your anti Knick/anti stat agenda.

ESPN and NBA both have an advanced stats section to their site. And I would rather use stats put to use by actual statisticians and guys who work/run actual NBA teams than a section of any site tailored for casual fans.

Younger people? Try people who run NBA teams and work the numbers for a living.

Anyways back to the topic....

BobbyHillSwag
07-29-2012, 12:03 AM
The Knicks don't have enough two way players..
Amare
Melo
Shump
Chandler
Camby
Novak
Felton

all are a liability on one end of the floor.. it'll be interesting how their lineups work out

these two are not a liability on either side of the floor. Melo is definitely not, and felton is competent enough on offense not to be a liability.

ReedBoshMarleau
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
The Raptors missing from any top 10 list is a joke considering all we did this offseason is add defensive studs (Lowry, Fields, Valaciunas) to replace stiffs and we where 12th last season...

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 01:29 AM

For a guy who claims to be a fan of stats, you sure don't know **** about them.

Deron
JJ
Wallace
Hump
Lopez
???

Because Deron is a chucker.

Bingo.

Offensive Efficiency: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/order/true

Defensive efficiency:http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

He's using Ortg and Drtg.

:laugh2:

Dude! Never leave the Nba forum again. :clap:

ryang
07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Plz dont hijack this thread to continue your anti Knick/anti stat agenda.

ESPN and NBA both have an advanced stats section to their site. And I would rather use stats put to use by actual statisticians and guys who work/run actual NBA teams than a section of any site tailored for casual fans.

Younger people? Try people who run NBA teams and work the numbers for a living.

Anyways back to the topic....

You spend so much time looking up stats why not reply to my whole post?? You always argue stats yet you neglect certain key stats and your eyes.. I put the knicks in the top 5 on d so obviously your stat has revelance..

You keep saying people who run nba teams.. so the knicks look at all your stats and they see a crappy offense (stat wise) and sign nothing but defensive players?? makes sence..

Stop trying to be so smart at advanced stats that you read on the iternet and watch some basketball.. Alls you do is look **** up or rememeber the **** you looked up and try and prove that the stat sheet means more then the outcome etc etc..

ryang
07-29-2012, 01:38 AM
You cant just go by points allowed per game either. Pace fudges the numbers and there you have a falsified figure. A slower paced team will average less points per game and allow less points per game simply because of the less amount of possessions. So when using per game stats to measure a teams worth, youre misguided to believe in a number that is not true.

I dont think you have the right idea of what PPP really provides. It simply accounts for pace and a team's true possession amount. Pace is not a factor when looking at per game metrics. I think you have them mixed up some kind of way.

I really dont follow stats so i have a question.. Does PPP take into a count every poss?? Does it take both teams possesions and keep them even? Turnovers hows that work? If team a has more possesions then team b how does it configure itself?? chronz will look it up and or know..

ryang
07-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Now make **** up and find all the stats you can.. You are the king of psd.. you have followers and multiple tool bars ready at anytime to give you some ammo.. Philly was number 2 on your list of ppp.. Do you really beleive they were the 2nd best D last year??

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Now make **** up and find all the stats you can.. You are the king of psd.. you have followers and multiple tool bars ready at anytime to give you some ammo.. Philly was number 2 on your list of ppp.. Do you really beleive they were the 2nd best D last year??

Chronz
07-29-2012, 02:09 AM
You spend so much time looking up stats why not reply to my whole post??
I did.

You always argue stats yet you neglect certain key stats and your eyes..
Neglect my eyes, OK? And I dont neglect key stats, I emphasize them.

You keep saying people who run nba teams.. so the knicks look at all your stats and they see a crappy offense (stat wise) and sign nothing but defensive players?? makes sence..

LOL refer to the other thread, you didnt respond when I answered this question. Your essentially saying a top5 defense has no room to improve, which is hilarious in itself but simply put, the Knicks signed players they feel help the team.

Stop trying to be so smart at advanced stats that you read on the iternet and watch some basketball.. Alls you do is look **** up or rememeber the **** you looked up and try and prove that the stat sheet means more then the outcome etc etc..

Can you prove any of this? Wins and losses are primarily a product of efficiency differentials. You will never find a team that is mediocre on both ends yet ends up with the #1 seed, thats why these stats mean so much. They correlate with winning and it aids in projecting/predicting success. Of course the result is all that matters, that doesnt mean we turn a blind eye to what got them there.

asandhu23
07-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Warriors should be back up there as a very high offense team again. Last year, their pace, shortened schedule and lack of Curry for most of the year and then loss of Ellis slowed them down. Rush was a good surprise. Wright lost his shot.

I am kind of surprised none of you mentioned W's. they are an offense based team.

Rylz
07-29-2012, 05:38 AM

Why does this always surprise people?

Chronz
07-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Warriors should be back up there as a very high offense team again. Last year, their pace, shortened schedule and lack of Curry for most of the year and then loss of Ellis slowed them down. Rush was a good surprise. Wright lost his shot.

I am kind of surprised none of you mentioned W's. they are an offense based team.
I did forget about them but I doubt they will win with their offense, its their defense I'm hoping improves the most. I think Bogut can anchor a top 10 defense at the least

JesusWears24
07-29-2012, 06:23 AM
the KNICKS TOP 5????? And the LAKERS missed the cut. KNicks homer i swear

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 08:46 AM

Why does this always surprise people?

Lol honestly it suprised me too.

IndyRealist
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Back to the OP, the Pacers chucked their defensive 2nd unit and signed almost all offensive players. I predict they're going move up a notch or two offensively but slide out of the top 10 defensively.

Cal827
07-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Raptors should be in top 10. We basically switched the worst defensive PG out there with one of the top defensive PGs (Calderon to Lowry). The fact that other PGs won't blow by ours as often, helps out our interior defenders too (help Defense) and are less likely to get into foul trouble shifting over (E.g. Amir Johnson usually has foul trouble, I'm interested to see what happens this year).

Teams that could fall out:

Atlanta (losing decent defenders in trades)
76'ers (Iggy is still one of the top defenders, but losing the interior wall in Brand is going to hurt big).

Aust
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Knicks are top 5 because of Chandler and Shumpert? Dang..

And I never knew the Hawks were much of a defensive team

Hawkeye15
07-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I didnt say the best I was saying top 10 and yeah Lopez and JJ are added but those two are two of the best offensive players in the league also Wallace will help who only played 16 games last season.

JJ is not remotely one of the best offensive players in the league dude. Top 1/3, sure.

Hawkeye15
07-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I think my Wolves will be outside the top 10 on both sides, early teens on offense, middle of the pack on defense.

FriedTofuz
07-29-2012, 01:45 PM
raptors are a lock for top 10. They were 12th with bargnani being their best defender( No seriously) When bargnani was on the court they were a better defensive team, and this year, they replaced their mediocore defenders( calderon) with lowry( one of the best defensive point guards in the league), adding valancunias( he actually plays good interior d and shot blocking at center) and landry fields and terrance ross will provide defense at the smallforward/ shooting guard spot. Looks good for the raptors. They wont be a top offensive team just yet, unless some players step up.
they lost, jerryd bayless, gary forbes, jamaal magloire, and rasaul butler. They should be good to go. All those players were seldomly used

DoMeFavors
07-29-2012, 03:14 PM
raptors are a lock for top 10. They were 12th with bargnani being their best defender( No seriously) When bargnani was on the court they were a better defensive team, and this year, they replaced their mediocore defenders( calderon) with lowry( one of the best defensive point guards in the league), adding valancunias( he actually plays good interior d and shot blocking at center) and landry fields and terrance ross will provide defense at the smallforward/ shooting guard spot. Looks good for the raptors. They wont be a top offensive team just yet, unless some players step up.
they lost, jerryd bayless, gary forbes, jamaal magloire, and rasaul butler. They should be good to go. All those players were seldomly used

a lock? what are you talking about?

asandhu23
07-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I did forget about them but I doubt they will win with their offense, its their defense I'm hoping improves the most. I think Bogut can anchor a top 10 defense at the least

defense. :sigh: 4 out of the 5 starters on the team last year didn't know how to play defense. Curry, Ellis, Lee and Biedrins is one BAAAD defense.

Chronz
07-29-2012, 03:38 PM
defense. :sigh: 4 out of the 5 starters on the team last year didn't know how to play defense. Curry, Ellis, Lee and Biedrins is one BAAAD defense.
Prolly too tall a task for Bogut huh

Captain Moroni
07-29-2012, 03:45 PM

Yes because the Knicks used the college shot clock not the nba 24 second shot clock.

MrFastBreak
07-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I really dont follow stats so i have a question.. Does PPP take into a count every poss?? Does it take both teams possesions and keep them even? Turnovers hows that work? If team a has more possesions then team b how does it configure itself?? chronz will look it up and or know..

Offensive efficiency is just points a team scores per 100 possessions and defensive efficiency is points allowed per 100 possessions. If a team plays faster than another, it will take time for the slower paced team to adjust. While its nice to be versatile and come out your comfort zone, what really matters is how you fared per possession NOT per game.

This is basically the formula for computing possessions:
Possessions = field goal attempts - offensive rebounds + turnovers + (0.475 x free throw attempts)

For each team, possessions are counted for the team and their opponents, then averaged.

Efficiency is just shooting (efg%, ts%), rebounding (rb%), turnovers (turnover rate), and free throws all bundled in one.

More info:
http://www.madduxsports.com/library/cbb/the-tempo-stat-explained.html

Thats for starters since you're not much interested in these type of stats.

Its not as complex as you'd like to think and a more sensible barometer of teams and players. It doesnt take much smarts or intelligence to grasp the concept, at least I dont think.

For a guy who claims to be a fan of stats, you sure don't know **** about them.

Because Deron is a chucker.

Bingo.

He's using Ortg and Drtg.

Dude! Never leave the Nba forum again. :clap:

LOL, I wont.

NYsFinest
07-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Not really... he tries but is not quick enough. Landry is athletic in the fact that he is a pretty explosive leaper, the rest leaves a lot to be desired. What drove us Knick fans crazy is that he falls for every single head fake and doesn't close out on shooters.

NYsFinest
07-29-2012, 04:49 PM

You really are just a kid who just makes stuff up just to argue... its getting real old.

Knicks were 5th in pace last season and 5th in defensive efficiency. In fact they were THE ONLY top 5 team in defensive efficiency that was also top 10 in pace (the speed of the game). So in fact, its the COMPLETE opposite of what you are saying.

You know which team liked to slow down the game?!?! The Nets who were 21st in pace (and 29th on defense)... guess slowing down the game didn;t help them much.

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Prolly too tall a task for Bogut huh

If Chandler can turn the Knicks into a top 5 defensive team, I'm sure Bogut can have a similar effect on the Warriors D.

Offensive efficiency is just points a team scores per 100 possessions and defensive efficiency is points allowed per 100 possessions. If a team plays faster than another, it will take time for the slower paced team to adjust. While its nice to be versatile and come out your comfort zone, what really matters is how you fared per possession NOT per game.

Possessions = field goal attempts - offensive rebounds + turnovers + (0.475 x free throw attempts)

For each team, possessions are counted for the team and their opponents, then averaged.

Efficiency is just shooting (efg%, ts%), rebounding (rb%), turnovers (turnover rate), and free throws all bundled in one.

More info:

Its not as complex as you'd like to think and a more sensible barometer of teams and players. It doesnt take much smarts or intelligence to grasp the concept, at least I dont think.

LOL, I wont.

:)

ryang
07-29-2012, 05:13 PM

More info:

LOL, I wont.

Sounds a little like the bcs.. Does it do every possesion or just 100? It says averaged but that can be scewed no? Thank for the info

Raph12
07-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd imagine whichever team Dwight goes to would crack the top 3-10 defensively...

MrFastBreak
07-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Sounds a little like the bcs.. Does it do every possesion or just 100? It says averaged but that can be scewed no? Thank for the info

1. Yes, 100 is roughly the amount of possessions had in an NBA game. Its just a guide or marker to go on. Hope that answers your question.

2. By averaged you mean the two teams' tempo or pace? Or the average of the team's offensive and defensive stats once they're run through the formula?