PDA

View Full Version : Harden open to signing with Suns

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Former Arizona State star James Harden would consider signing with the Suns if his contract expires after next season.

"Yeah," he said. "Of course. I love it there. My mom lives there still. So that's definitely my second home as far as my comfort level and going to school there. But obviously, I'm with the Thunder right now and what we have is special."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/07/27/20120727james-harden-open-play-phoenix-suns.html#ixzz21s7iRLxT

You know the suns would offer him max if they were offering gordon max. Should get interesting.

StarvingKnick22
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Wow. This was unexpected. Suns raking up a chance at 5th seed with the team the're building.

keetyweedy
07-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I heard the thunder might let him walk and resign Ibaka because of the defensive impact

StarvingKnick22
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
^ is this true? Are the SuperSonics ********?

Jarvo
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I'll try to trade him, He's overhyped to me.

Mr.SmackYoMama
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Come to the Warriors!

AIverson
07-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Have the Thunder offered this guy a Max extension? Haven't been following OKC at all.

MackShock
07-27-2012, 08:59 PM
harden will play in the pacific division. hes a california kid

Lake_Show2416
07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
harden will play in the pacific division. hes a california kid

Suns will sign another SG free agent to a max deal that will get matched

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 09:06 PM

They can't do much more

974life
He shouldn't rule any team out...

RLundi
I hope to God the Magic try to sign him. Offer him everything including the damn kitchen sink.

keetyweedy
07-27-2012, 09:13 PM

I doubt it, w/ Ibaka becoming a FA too, teams are going to be throwing crazy money at the both of them and they will have to choose between the two and w/o Ibaka they lose a big chunk of there defensive presence...but I guess we will see after this year plays out w/ PJ3 he will most likely determine there decision

king4day
07-27-2012, 09:46 PM

Difference is, New Orleans wanted a cornerstone piece in Gordon. OKC has two guys already signed to the max. I could see them ultimately doing a sign and trade as worst case scenario. If they truely want him to be part of the franchise for a long time, they will offer a max extension asap and be done with it.

The Suns have set themselves up to have the cap space to do this all over again next year. OKC has the season to decide. If Harden has a great first half, i would expect the Thunder to offer a max extension before the allstar break.

D12 fan
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I hope to God the Magic try to sign him. Offer him everything including the damn kitchen sink.

No star player is going to sign with Orlando,especially since Dwight will be gone.All their stars left on bad terms Shaq/Penny/Hill/Tmac/Dwight.Im pretty sure stars around the league are looking at how bad the Magic organization has handled this Dwightmare,they don't want to play for a dysfunctional franchise.

Harden would be a nice fit in Atlanta,they will have capspace next year.

Teague/Jsmoove/Horford + Harden would be a good young team.

Dade County
07-27-2012, 10:09 PM
OKC is hoping for that discount... Go get that money Harden, this super team needs to be broken up.

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I just want ibaka in portland so okc resign
Harden so we can get ibaka

Aldridge
Ibaka
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

But ill take harden to would be nice to offer bynum max

Bynum
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

But with are luck bynum will get a max from us then break both legs in the first few seconds of his first game with us might as well run two power forwards in ibaka and aldridge

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Ive always thought Harden is one of the most overated players in the league along with Perkins, Jennings, Marc Gasol and so on

TheBigCheese12
07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
I think the Suns deserve some good fortune, so it would be nice to see us land a guy like Harden

NYtilIdie
07-27-2012, 11:39 PM
OKC is hoping for that discount... Go get that money Harden, this super team needs to be broken up.

Oh the irony

mdm692
07-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Interesting. If Beasley can live up to the hype of being a #2 overall pick things could get very interesting in AZ.

Mr_Amaziing
07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Hmmmm how about Phoenix tank this season and after the season do a sign n trade for Harden

Then Okc can draft Mohammed

Okc -
Pg* Westbrook / Maynor / Jackson
Sg* Mohammed / Sefo / Cook
Sf* Durant / Jones lll / Thompson
Pf* Ibaka / Collison
C* Perkins / Thabeet / Aldrich

Suns -
Pg* Marshall / Dragic
Sg* Harden / Brown
Sf* Beasley / Dudley
Pf* Morris / Frye
C* Gortat / ?

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Hmmmm how about Phoenix tank this season and after the season do a sign n trade for Harden

Okc -
Pf* Ibaka / Collison

Suns -
Pg* Marshall / Dragic
Sg* Harden / Brown
Sf* Beasley / Dudley
Pf* Morris / Frye
C* Gortat / ?

If im PHX i would rather have shabazz then harden

Structures
07-28-2012, 12:21 AM

Okc -
Pf* Ibaka / Collison

Suns -
Pg* Marshall / Dragic
Sg* Harden / Brown
Sf* Beasley / Dudley
Pf* Morris / Frye
C* Gortat / ?

or.........Phoenix can just sign Harden? OKC is gonna have to choose between Ibaka and Harden so the chances of the suns getting him are in their favor.

And why would they tank with the roster they have? Dragic/Brown/Beasley/Scola/Gortat with guys like Dudley/Marshall off the bench is already pretty solid.

Mr_Amaziing
07-28-2012, 12:24 AM
If im PHX i would rather have shabazz then harden

It works out for both teams

Okc would resign Ibaka and they wouldn't have to pay Shabazz since he'll be on his rookie contract. And Phoenix get a hometown All-star caliber player in James Harden.

mdm692
07-28-2012, 12:31 AM
It works out for both teams

Okc would resign Ibaka and they wouldn't have to pay Shabazz since he'll be on his rookie contract. And Phoenix get a hometown All-star caliber player in James Harden.

I like the Thunder but keep dreaming.

Monta is beast
07-28-2012, 12:32 AM
warriors should offer thompson & tyler for harden

BKLYNpigeon
07-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Harden will get traded before the Thunder let him walk.

mdm692
07-28-2012, 12:37 AM
I know its a long shot BUT.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvbflf8

Throw in a bunch of picks as well.

STL Don
07-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I'll try to trade him, He's overhyped to me.

That's crazy..why, because he had a bad going in the finals?
He's 22 years old. He proved to have a very bright looking future by the season he put together playing the no. 3 option for the western champs.
He's a beast and only going to get better. I'd bet on him never having that low of a performance in any playoff series or finals again.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-28-2012, 01:03 AM
No star player is going to sign with Orlando,especially since Dwight will be gone.All their stars left on bad terms Shaq/Penny/Hill/Tmac/Dwight.Im pretty sure stars around the league are looking at how bad the Magic organization has handled this Dwightmare,they don't want to play for a dysfunctional franchise.

Harden would be a nice fit in Atlanta,they will have capspace next year.

Teague/Jsmoove/Horford + Harden would be a good young team.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dee279
07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
warriors should offer thompson & tyler for harden

If i was the warriors, i actually wouldnt do that. Klay is really good.

Delusional
07-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Ive always thought Harden is one of the most overated players in the league along with Perkins, Jennings, Marc Gasol and so on

You have no right to talk about overrated players since your signature is maybe the most overrated player in the NBA.

Baller1
07-28-2012, 01:32 AM
So Presti just let's Harden walk for nothing? Some of you people are dilusional.

Deception
07-28-2012, 02:02 AM
If the Thunder win it all this year, I expect him to take less money along with Ibaka. Championships > Difference in the two contracts

FriedTofuz
07-28-2012, 03:17 AM
If the Thunder win it all this year, I expect him to take less money along with Ibaka. Championships > Difference in the two contracts

yeah but durant and westbrook didnt take less money... not fair imo

sunsfan88
07-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if we tried to sign him and it didn't happen.

I have a few friends who went to school with him and they all said Harden was always just a d**k to almost everyone and that his personality is trash.

Also, he's not a good defender. I'm not a fan of paying a one dimensional player the max $$ (unless his name's Steve Nash)

IMO Harden is basically a younger, bigger version of Monta Ellis.

But if the Suns FO feels like he's worth going after, I'm all for it. I can totally see us offering OKC something like Gortat/Dudley for Harden/Perkins and then we would hopefully dump Perkins to some other team for like a top 50 protected 2nd rd pick or something.

Scooby-Doo
07-28-2012, 03:32 AM
He's coming to the Knicks!

Chavacano
07-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Go where the big buck's at, youngling.

king4day
07-28-2012, 08:46 AM

When you are going for your first contract, it's hard to believe a player giving up money. If they win it all, that's all the more reason to bolt. You have your ring now. Next step is to go somewhere where it's your team.
If they pay him max they'll likely need to start him too.

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 09:18 AM
So Presti just let's Harden walk for nothing? Some of you people are dilusional.

Could be a similar situation to dwight. If harden doesn't commit to wherever he is traded, how much is that team really willing to give up?

If he wants to go to phx, im sure phx would give some assets up for him.

CrasH-X
07-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Dope, next year would have a sick starting 5 ..

todu82
07-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Would like him on Detroit, think he'd be a great add.

OKC

This

theheatles
thunder couldn't win it all with harden as a 3rd option, so suns would be lucky to just make the playoffs with harden

mdm692
07-28-2012, 11:21 AM
thunder couldn't win it all with harden as a 3rd option, so suns would be lucky to just make the playoffs with harden

:facepalm:.

Same could be said for the Heat after they lost in the finals. Look at this year now. Not comparing LBJ and Harden BTW. Lets be clear LBJ>>>Harden before everybody starts tripping.

OKC
07-28-2012, 11:26 AM
:facepalm:.

Same could be said for the Heat after they lost in the finals. Look at this year now. Not comparing LBJ and Harden BTW. Lets be clear LBJ>>>Harden before everybody starts tripping.

you are not comparing lebron to harden, you are comparing heats 3rd option, bosh, to harden.

THE MTL
07-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I know this isnt on topic but i love how the suns have handled this offseason. Getting alot of first rounders along with addng talent. Dragic and beasley. If only they signed OJ Mayo!

Phxtoday
07-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I know this isnt on topic but i love how the suns have handled this offseason. Getting alot of first rounders along with addng talent. Dragic and beasley. If only they signed OJ Mayo!

This.

Also the people saying the Thunder couldn't win with Harden as a 3rd option.. ok so what if he is playing with a more complete team Dragic, Harden, Beasley, Scola, Gortat where he is the 1st option... could be a pretty good team.

Roses
07-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Okc -
Pf* Ibaka / Collison

Suns -
Pg* Marshall / Dragic
Sg* Harden / Brown
Sf* Beasley / Dudley
Pf* Morris / Frye
C* Gortat / ?

Dragic is starting..
And Morris will be sitting behind Scola this year.
Dudley will be our starting 2 this year.

Losoway
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
but he came out and said on nba tv after the thunders lost . its no place he would rather be

he hopes he can resign with the thunders this off season ..blah blah blah

sunsfan88
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
but he came out and said on nba tv after the thunders lost . its no place he would rather be

he hopes he can resign with the thunders this off season ..blah blah blah

What did you expect him to say? "****** this OKC blows, I'm out after next year, I ain't no b***h!"

Utd7
07-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I really hope he stays with OKC. If he leaves, no way Presti lets him go for nothing.

yanksrock
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
I think he'll stay in OKC.

I Rock Shaqs
07-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Dragic is starting..
And Morris will be sitting behind Scola this year.
Dudley will be our starting 2 this year.

Did you even read what he said before he posted the players on the team? Also who is this Mohammed guy starting at the shooting guard for the Thunder?

eternal slumber
07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
i really thought they'll trade Harden to the Bobcats 2nd overall pick. that would have made a lot of sense for OKC.

they'll be able to replace Harden with Beal, as i assume.

Beal gets rookie contract to the next 4 years. they'll be able to resign Ibaka and will not need to use their amnesty clause on Perkins and have a core of Westbrook-Beal-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins for at least 3 years rather than be forced to resign Harden for a max deal and Ibaka for at least 10 million per year which will hurt their flexibility and will have to amnesty Perkins in the process, which is not good at all.

eternal slumber
07-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Did you even read what he said before he posted the players on the team? Also who is this Mohammed guy starting at the shooting guard for the Thunder?

he is referring to Shabazz Muhammad.

Trueblue2
07-29-2012, 05:02 PM

Shabaz Mohammed, high school player expected to go in the high first next year.

Losoway
07-29-2012, 05:19 PM
What did you expect him to say? "****** this OKC blows, I'm out after next year, I ain't no b***h!"

are u stupid?...nevermind just a suns fans

HARDEN said it himself he hopes he can resign with the Thunders This off season . everyone is like his brother and its no place he could see himself playing for

with that being said . no chance he is leaving

sunsfan88
07-29-2012, 05:55 PM
are u stupid?...nevermind just a suns fans

HARDEN said it himself he hopes he can resign with the Thunders This off season . everyone is like his brother and its no place he could see himself playing for

with that being said . no chance he is leaving

Of course he would rather stay with OKC...if their willing to give him the max deal.

If every team in the NBA including OKC offers Harden the max, I don't have a doubt in my mind that Harden will choose OKC over anyone else.

But Harden is not gonna take less $$ on his FIRST big contract just so he can stay in OKC. He's not like LeBron or Duncan aka a player who makes a ton of $$ off endorsements. He can't afford to pass up on big $$.

Like I said originally, I would actually prefer OKC to give Harden the max contract so that we can go after Ibaka the summer after and get him instead. Phoenix hasn't had a huge shot blocking defensive threat in the paint like Ibaka in a long time and having him on our team along with Gortat will make opposing players think twice before attacking the paint and abusing our bigs.

And yea I'm a Suns fan, what teams fan are you? Considering that you rarely ever post on an actual team's forum and just troll on the NBA forum its kinda hard to tell...oh well just another troll I guess.