PDA

View Full Version : Are the Celtics the Deepest and Probably Best Well-Rounded East Team?

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Coach Doc Rivers

PG: Rajon Rondo - Avery Bradley

SG: Courtney Lee - Jason Terry

SF: Paul Pierce - Jeff Green - Kris Joseph

PF: Brandon Bass - Jarred Sullinger

C: Kevin Garnett - Chris Wilcox - Fab Melo

Thoughts?

(PS: I hate the Celtics, but respect the moves that Doc and Danny have made this offseason after losing RayRay and Stiesmma).

nyKnicks126
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Avery Bradely a PG??? lol

nyKnicks126
07-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I know that was his original position.. but come on.. He plays the 2 well.

Big Zo
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Nope.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Well I mean you can't just shove aside 2 more established guys at that spot in Lee and Terry, and they need a ball handling guy who can also play D and guard the other quick PGs (Bradley).

Scooby-Doo
07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
The Knicks say "Hello!"

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I dont think any team in the east is perfectly built

the way i see it

rondo-dooling
bradley-terry
pierce-lee
bass-green-sullinger
kg-melo

knicks
fatty-kidd
shump(brewer for now)-smith
melo-brewer
amare-novak
chandler-camby

rio-cole
wade-allen
bron-miller
battier-lewis
bosh-ud

they all look good. I guess you can say boston has the most talent top to bottom. But not the most talented players.

Sactown
07-27-2012, 05:53 PM
The Knicks say "Hello!"

Then we're reminded that there's two sides of the ball and the Knicks say "Goodbye!".... but Miami seems to be pretty well rounded and deep this up coming season

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem
The team is so flexible with the positions they can play and the lineups they're capable of. They can go big with

Wade/Lebron/Lewis/Bosh/Joel
or small with Chalmers/Wade/Ray/Lebron/Bosh

and compete on both ends... it's insane

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Well, unless Chicago starts making some serious moves....

I see the Heat and the Celtics meeting again in the ECF.

Avenged
07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
The Knicks say "Hello!"

lol. that is all.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 05:58 PM

For sure. And i dont see the bulls making any moves because now they have very few assets. Seems like they are waiting till 2014/2015

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Avery Bradely a PG??? lol

He rotated at PG last year. Not saying he's the back up but yeah.

yanksrock
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I think like others previously stated, there is no perfect team in the East.

Mishmin
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Danny did a nice job once again

thekmp211
07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
it's possible. they just have to stay healthy.

Punk
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Actually, It's:

PG: Rajon Rondo - Keyon Dooling

SG: Courtney Lee - Jason Terry - Avery Bradley (injured)

Not too bad. But they aren't the deepest or most well rounded. They have competition on that but they are certainly 2nd or 3rd in the East though.

meloman1592
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Then we're reminded that there's two sides of the ball and the Knicks say "Goodbye!".... but Miami seems to be pretty well rounded and deep this up coming season

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem
The team is so flexible with the positions they can play and the lineups they're capable of. They can go big with

I take it you think the knicks are a bad defensive team?

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Actually, It's:

PG: Rajon Rondo - Keyon Dooling

SG: Courtney Lee - Jason Terry - Avery Bradley (injured)

Not too bad. But they aren't the deepest or most well rounded. They have competition on that but they are certainly 2nd or 3rd in the East though.

I would love to hear who you think is more well rounded other than miami in the east.

it's possible. they just have to stay healthy.
Seriously. 2011 and 2012 they were injured.

hugepatsfan
07-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Defrinately the deepest team in the East IMO. Well rounded is a tough term to define so I'll leave that one alone. Their problem is that their top talent doesn't match up against the other top contenders. If you look at players 4-10 their probably the best in the league, but they really lack star power. Rondo isn't that guy and KG and Pierce aren't aymore either.

MTar786
07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
the celtics seem over rated. kg and pierce another year older. lost allen n got terry. i dont think terry is the best replacement for ray allen. he's not the off the ball guy they needed. he is a good enough replacement to keep them going.. but i dont think they are title contenders anymore.

69centers
07-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Rondo, Lee, and Bradley are definitely the best defensive backcourt trio in the league.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Rondo, Lee, and Bradley are definitely the best defensive backcourt trio in the league.

I take

bron-wade-battier

when they are playing the 1-2-3

Punk
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I would love to hear who you think is more well rounded other than miami in the east.

I said 2nd or 3rd. Not 4th or 5th.

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. NY

NY and Boston have new parts and lost a big piece of their core. So, It's hard to gauge "well rounded" but both are equally deep.

Seriously. 2011 and 2012 they were injured.
Oh, so now they were injured? Lol

Back in 2011, 2012 no Heat fans mentioned it.

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
they probably are, they have some quality depth on their roster. every position looks good on paper 2 and some 3 deep.

and as for being well rounded, they have the star passing point guard who can also get to the rim. and good shooting guards who can space the floor(terry/lee) and defend(bradley). a still good goto clutch scorer in pierce, and bass is solid at pf and can hit from mid range. garnett took to the center role very well, and can score out of the post. theres not many centers in the east that will bully him around down there. also they have one of the best coaches in the nba in rivers.

so i see them as being very well rounded when healthy. that's the key, if they're healthy they probably are the deepest/most well rounded team in the east. but you don't wanna be relying on depth too much in the playoffs, you need your best players out there as much as possible. so all that being said, imo they aren't the best team in the east but are in position to give miami a good series in the ecf. and their roster is capable of pulling off the upset.

BobbyHillSwag
07-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Thenreminded tha we're t there's two sides of the ball and the Knicks say "Goodbye!".... but Miami seems to be pretty well rounded and deep this up coming season

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem

I hope you are talking about the offensive side(which would be vastly more accurate)because knicks defense will be top notch guaranteed. Much better than their offense too. I still think their offensive game wont be too good though, im a little skeptical but there is no doubt knicks will be top 5 defensive team in the league.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I hope you are talking about the offensive side(which would be vastly more accurate)because knicks defense will be top notch guaranteed. Much better than their offense too. I still think their offensive game wont be too good though, im a little skeptical but there is no doubt knicks will be top 5 defensive team in the league.

Probably, but so will miami. And miami will be a top 5 offense too.

Aust
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
The Celtics have done a terrific job this offseason. Scary team right there

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
the celtics seem over rated. kg and pierce another year older. lost allen n got terry. i dont think terry is the best replacement for ray allen. he's not the off the ball guy they needed. he is a good enough replacement to keep them going.. but i dont think they are title contenders anymore.

i think terry was a slight upgrade, and they got lee. then there is green as well, they are better then last year imo. but like you said kg and pierce are getting older and its fair to wonder how much they have left playing at high levels and sustaining it for another playoff run.

xxplayerxx23
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Bobcats?

BobbyHillSwag
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM

oh no, i dont think they will be better than miami this season. I was just talking about their defense. Knicks have the potential to have a decent offense though with an actual competent pg. People act like felton is so bad, but i saw him play for portland in alot of games and he is 10x better than davis and bibby put together. id actually take him over lin for this team. I actually think knicks will be top 3 in the east this year, and i never have that high of hopes for the knicks. I just see some potential finally.

I Rock Shaqs
07-27-2012, 07:42 PM

the way i see it

rondo-dooling
bradley-terry
pierce-lee
bass-green-sullinger
kg-melo

knicks
fatty-kidd
melo-brewer
amare-novak
chandler-camby

rio-cole
wade-allen
bron-miller
battier-lewis
bosh-ud

they all look good. I guess you can say boston has the most talent top to bottom. But not the most talented players.

That's not what their team looks like, dooling isn't there anymore and you didn't put in WIlcox,
PG: Rondo, Terry
SG: Lee, Bradley
SF: PIerce, Green
PF: Bass, Sullinger
C: Garnett, Wilcox, Melo

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 07:44 PM
That's not what their team looks like, dooling isn't there anymore and you didn't put in WIlcox,
PG: Rondo, Terry
SG: Lee, Bradley
SF: PIerce, Green
PF: Bass, Sullinger
C: Garnett, Wilcox, Melo

dooling is there and rondo will play close to 40 min a game, that means terry wont be seeing a lot of time at all.

I Rock Shaqs
07-27-2012, 07:45 PM
also Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen at this point.

keetyweedy
07-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I take

bron-wade-battier

when they are playing the 1-2-3

That's an advantage seeing how LBJ and Battier aren't backcourt players position wise but they can play the positions

But Imo Boston has to have the best defensive backcourt

I Rock Shaqs
07-27-2012, 07:46 PM
dooling is there and rondo will play close to 40 min a game, that means terry wont be seeing a lot of time at all.

Oh haha yeah my bad, but Dooling was butt last year.

85BearsDefense
07-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I believe Boston is the only team that can keep up with the Heat, the fact that any lineup they put on the court will be dominant, cant wait for Heat Celtics ECF.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I always like watching the Celtics play whenever they are on national tv I know thats the game I want to watch, just like the TD Garden crowd and the way Celtics play. and Doc Rivers.

Yes their team is nice

RLundi
07-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Terry will get plenty of time at the 2. Lee will start but Terry will back him up. Bradley is hurt and once he returns, I don't think he'll be ahead of Terry or Lee on the depth chart, though perhaps for specific defensive purposes. Terry can also spell Rondo at the 1 from time to time.

I think Terry will be a scoring machine and 6th man of the year candidate on Boston. He will definitely see his share of playing time.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Terry will get plenty of time at the 2. Lee will start but Terry will back him up. Bradley is hurt and once he returns, I don't think he'll be ahead of Terry or Lee on the depth chart, though perhaps for specific defensive purposes. Terry can also spell Rondo at the 1 from time to time.

I think Terry will be a scoring machine and 6th man of the year candidate on Boston. He will definitely see his share of playing time.

When bradley is back, and in the playoffs when rondo will play 40+min a game. How do you think the minutes work?

I dont think terry should play PG because Boston's offense relies on rondos playmaking abilities.

StarvingKnick22
07-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I'd Say team Morale hase declined but you're a pretty good team if you have Fab Melo as a third string Center.

bagwell368
07-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Very good depth at 1/2/3 - poor depth at the 4/5 IMO.

There isn't one top 20 player on the roster, how many teams win it w/o one of those?

DA did a good job for this year, but this team could be brutal in 3 years.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 10:01 PM

There isn't one top 20 player on the roster, how many teams win it w/o one of those?

Not true, Rondo and garnett are somewhere between 10-20 imo.

When garnett is putting up 20-10 he is a top 20 player(he was in the playoffs last year)

And the way rondo was playing he is a top 20 player as well.

robdog_5
07-27-2012, 11:16 PM
I'd Say team Morale hase declined but you're a pretty good team if you have Fab Melo as a third string Center.

How does team morale get worse? Allen was the guy feuding with rondo he's gone and Terry is a great teammate. It might be but how does anybody know that?

Punk
07-27-2012, 11:19 PM

I don't see how they will be a Top 5 consistent defensive team if they plan to go small with the shooters. Certainly they will be Top 10 though.

ryang
07-27-2012, 11:27 PM
also Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen at this point.

But ray will be more productive for the Heat..

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't see how they will be a Top 5 consistent defensive team if they plan to go small with the shooters. Certainly they will be Top 10 though.

They played small most of the regular season and were a top 4 defense.

Bron is a DPOY candidate

Bosh has really impressed with his defense

Wade is a good defender

Battier and chalmers are very good defenders

Udonis is a very good defender

Miami's team defense is amazing. I would sig bet someone that not only will miami be a top 5 defense again for a 3rd str8 year, but they will be an elite defense as well and be top 5 in OFG%

ryang
07-27-2012, 11:31 PM

In a 7 game series Miami is number 1 on defense easily... I see what your saying tho.. If we go small during the regular season your right top 10 but could still be 5 just as easy..

theheatles
07-27-2012, 11:34 PM
ray allen is better than paul pierce, celtics aren't on miamis level in any capacity anymore

AWC713
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
no...just because of their big man rotation. really not that eye popping.

bass- sullinger
kg- fab melo - wilcox

doesnt scare me AT ALL. see it as a weakness. maybe different if KG at PF.

naps
07-27-2012, 11:47 PM

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem

This.

Miami can put so many different lineups on the floor and create mismatches, it's ridiculous. Celtics are still thin on the front-court. Their rookie bigs are talented but I wouldn't bet too much on them on a seasoned and defensive minded contender.

zB_#85
07-28-2012, 02:27 AM
East is a 2 horse race. Boston & Miami. BK and NY fans will be delusional and think otherwise but I speak the truth. An poor Chicago fans, hanging onto the fact that they had #1 record in east last year w/out Rose most of the season. Pat yourself on the back and be proud cause it ain't happening again. Chicago #6 seed. Book that too. Sig quote me someone I dare you and we'll talk in July.

zB_#85
07-28-2012, 02:28 AM
ray allen is better than paul pierce, celtics aren't on miamis level in any capacity anymore

Stupid is as stupid does.

THE MTL
07-28-2012, 02:36 AM
These defensive jokes against the knicks are pure ignorance. Seriously, to those saying anything bad about the knicks defense clearly do not watch basketball.

With that said, the deepest team from head to toe could be either miami, new york, or boston. It depends on how well everyone comes together. Miami does have the most talent i would say

Da Knicks
07-28-2012, 02:49 AM
What happens if Paul or Kevin get hurt for an extended amount of time?

zB_#85
07-28-2012, 03:00 AM
What happens if Amare or Melo get hurt? We could what if all night but all things being equal, Miami & Boston above the rest. Also NYK d is fine but that still doesn't put them ahead of the other two. They are a distant 3rd in east IMO

elopez24MIAMI
07-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Lol really??? The answer to this is a simple no! Lol

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 10:21 AM

rondo is def in the top 20 and you may could argue garnett.

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 10:24 AM
What happens if Amare or Melo get hurt? We could what if all night but all things being equal, Miami & Boston above the rest. Also NYK d is fine but that still doesn't put them ahead of the other two. They are a distant 3rd in east IMO

probably wouldnt hurt much....:eyebrow:

MTar786
07-28-2012, 10:33 AM
rondo is easily a top 20 player. kg is arguably top 20-25 for sure. but they have no chance at winning another title next seaosn unless they make more moves. they will reach the ecf but i only say that because the east sucks

Toastyy
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Again all these ppl under estimating the Pacers

Hill/augustin
George/Stephenson
Granger/jones
West/hansborough
Hibbert/mihinimi

Third seed last year, improved the bench as well as having 2 developing stars in hibbert and George who got better. There starting lineup schooled Miami in the playoffs

Sactown
07-28-2012, 04:54 PM

I was talking about their offense, they have absolutely no rhythm and they become stagnant and play one on one with Melo or Amare. as for their defense. I would like to see how they fair this season with less injuries as they have no two way players... They always have a liability on the floor, Iman is horrible on the offensive end and hasn't realized it yet, while Amare and Melo are above playing defense.. so next season who knows where they are on both ends of the floor... are they going to go with defense? or offense? so yes both ends of the floor..

Hawkeye15
07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
On paper, yes. But they have some old stars in Pierce and KG, and simply don't have the talent to overcome the Heat's top 3 players.

If the C's stay extremely healthy, they may have a shot however.

Blitzbolt
07-28-2012, 05:32 PM
All you need is 1 or 2 super stars to beat a deep team.

Ask the spurs.

BSplaya2121
07-28-2012, 06:06 PM

I dont think anyone is arguing that Miami after last season is not the best team in the league, They definitely are. You said in an earlier post that no team was perfectly built which I 100% agree with you, Miami has the best starting lineup in the league so their bench isnt super important, Boston definitely will be competitive like always, but Green hasnt played in a while, Fab Jared and Kris are all unproven rookies, I thought Steimsma was better than Wilcox, They do have 3 really good players at the 2 position, none better than Allen but well done replacing him, and they still have their core of Pierce Garnett and Rondo which like miami, having that core will make them a top team and the Knicks..... well they are TBD as always, good have a lot of potential defensively and they are deep when Shumpert is back, but i think TBD is the best way to put them.

The Celtics IMO are the team to derail Miami.... but, Miami will have a huge, huge target on their backs. Not that they havent before, but now that they won a championship, teams always want to prove they are better than the champs. So Miami on paper seems like they will have an easy way to the finals, but you never know, should be interesting and i am excited.

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 06:23 PM
I dont think anyone is arguing that Miami after last season is not the best team in the league, They definitely are. You said in an earlier post that no team was perfectly built which I 100% agree with you, Miami has the best starting lineup in the league so their bench isnt super important, Boston definitely will be competitive like always, but Green hasnt played in a while, Fab Jared and Kris are all unproven rookies, I thought Steimsma was better than Wilcox, They do have 3 really good players at the 2 position, none better than Allen but well done replacing him, and they still have their core of Pierce Garnett and Rondo which like miami, having that core will make them a top team and the Knicks..... well they are TBD as always, good have a lot of potential defensively and they are deep when Shumpert is back, but i think TBD is the best way to put them.

The Celtics IMO are the team to derail Miami.... but, Miami will have a huge, huge target on their backs. Not that they havent before, but now that they won a championship, teams always want to prove they are better than the champs. So Miami on paper seems like they will have an easy way to the finals, but you never know, should be interesting and i am excited.

Yea, not sure that taget can get any bigger. What im interested in seeing is how lebron plays with the monkey off his back and him now knowing what to takes to win. Going to be a hell of a season.

Delusional
07-28-2012, 06:24 PM
To me the Celts have the best depth from 1-3 in the league but they are a little dry at 4-5. An undersized Bass at PF and a rookie in Sullinger isn't really exciting.

Oldmantrash
07-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Jeff Green is such a huge question mark.
He's not all that great anyway, and he missed a whole season.

Sullinger is a rookie, no onee knows if he's any good.
Terry is older, and not as good as ray Allen

Pierce and Garnett will be a year older.

Before we go praising them, lest see how things play out
I doubt they contend for a championship

Losoway
07-28-2012, 06:38 PM
hell no

the miami heat will wipe they *** with the celtics jersey all season

thekmp211
07-28-2012, 06:41 PM
i know it was summer league, but sullinger looks really good. he has a little z-bo in him. dude will be a factor on offense/on the glass and has room to improve. also room to lose some weight.

GoPacers33
07-28-2012, 06:49 PM

the way i see it

rondo-dooling
bradley-terry
pierce-lee
bass-green-sullinger
kg-melo

knicks
fatty-kidd
melo-brewer
amare-novak
chandler-camby

rio-cole
wade-allen
bron-miller
battier-lewis
bosh-ud

Also Pacers

Hill/Augustine
George/Stephenson
Granger/Green
West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Mahimi

All 4 teams have good depth

tuki274
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Those who immediately/without thought think Ray Allen is better than Jason Terry outright.... come on...did you guys see him play at the end of last year. no doubt, hes one stone cold shooter and everyone knows he can shoot....but he is so limited in that thats all he can do... Idk how many times Ive watched the celtics waste 15 seconds on the shot clock haivng him come off screens....did you guys see how many times he got blocked on transition....he is also a defensive liability...he's a really great player even to this day and he fits perfectly with miami but he is a specialist.... and at this point in their careers, jason terry is better than ray allen. more consistent. less injured.

sventhedog
07-29-2012, 07:12 AM
wilcox kind of ruined it. lol.

ricomactaco
07-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Those who immediately/without thought think Ray Allen is better than Jason Terry outright.... come on...did you guys see him play at the end of last year. no doubt, hes one stone cold shooter and everyone knows he can shoot....but he is so limited in that thats all he can do... Idk how many times Ive watched the celtics waste 15 seconds on the shot clock haivng him come off screens....did you guys see how many times he got blocked on transition....he is also a defensive liability...he's a really great player even to this day and he fits perfectly with miami but he is a specialist.... and at this point in their careers, jason terry is better than ray allen. more consistent. less injured.

Absolutely. Everyone talking about Ray Allen being better have not really watched Ray Allen lately. They're thinking of the old Ray.

Iron24th
07-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Finally they'll have another shot at title,we all thought their window was closing like one ore two years ago, but they're still here.

I see them being 2nd or 3rd eastern seed.

ramz.n
07-29-2012, 08:35 AM
they got steals with sullinger falling and melo..along with joseph and rondo and green this team may be better than many when kg and pierce retire.

now

rondo
lee
pierce
bass
kg

future

rondo
lee
green
sullinger
melo

97NYer
07-29-2012, 09:10 AM

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem

Our defense was one of the best in the league and our center was the DPOY, defense is far from being our weakness.

ty_smitty21
07-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Again all these ppl under estimating the Pacers

Hill/augustin
George/Stephenson
Granger/jones
West/hansborough
Hibbert/mihinimi

Third seed last year, improved the bench as well as having 2 developing stars in hibbert and George who got better. There starting lineup schooled Miami in the playoffs

FINALLY someone mentions the Pacers. And you also forgot that they added Gerald Green too and traded Jones.

This is a true team, with very few holes top to bottom. They're young, and they're hungry. With the Rose injury, there's a good chance the Pacers win the central division this year. I take the Pacers over the Knicks any day of the week... and I also take them over the Celtics in the standings.. playoffs would be a good matchup between those two.

ty_smitty21
07-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Not to mention, David West is going to be even better this year.. a full year removed from knee surgery. The Pacers were the 3 seed last year and gave the Heat all they could handle... then in the offseason they basically traded Jones, Collison, and Amundson for Green, Augustine, and Mahinmi. They have even more depth than last year.

And there's also a kid named Paul George who's going to keep getting better.. He's a whopping 22 years of age.

faze38
07-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Chalmers/Cole/Wade
Wade/ Ray/ Battier
Lebron/ Battier/ Lewis
Bosh/Haslem/Lebron/Lewis
Joel/Bosh/Haslem

Man ain't it funny that the Knicks can do that 2! We can run
Felton- Smith- Brewer- Melo- Stat for small ball
Or go bigger then Mia with
Shumpert (when healthy)- Smith- Melo- Camby- Chandler
Or take it to a more defensive unit by switching out Smith for Kidd or Brewer this team is easily more versatile then the Heat we have way more options right now. I mean Lebron is a very versitle player but this team can be used in so many ways it's not even funny.

So who ever else is gonna look at any other team besides the Knicks and talk about depth is sleeping because let's be honest the Celtics are hoping that Rookies pan out and that Jeff Green comes in ready after a year off. The Knicks brought in proven vets. As far as everyone taking diggs at Felton last time I saw him he looked ready to play so watch out boys him and Stat are coming hard this year. The even funnier thing to me is that the Heat brought in Lewis who lets be frank has sucked ever since he popped for PEDs and they're are acting like he's going to MIA straight from settle. They brought in Ray which is great because Mike Miller is falling apart but that team is still missing a good center and besides Bosh and Bron are weak in that front court the Knicks are deep in the front court and savvy in the backcourt so let's get to war ladies cause this will be a fun year!

faze38
07-29-2012, 09:53 AM
FINALLY someone mentions the Pacers. And you also forgot that they added Gerald Green too and traded Jones.

This is a true team, with very few holes top to bottom. They're young, and they're hungry. With the Rose injury, there's a good chance the Pacers win the central division this year. I take the Pacers over the Knicks any day of the week... and I also take them over the Celtics in the standings.. playoffs would be a good matchup between those two.

I will say that the Pacers team is deep but lets get this right if your taking the Pacers over the Knicks you are nuts. I mean last time I checked we won 2 out of 3 last year and it took a miracle comeback for u guys to win the 3rd. Also let me toss in the fact that 90% of that comeback was on our weak bench at the time. I mean people need to realize that this Knicks team played without a PG in the playoffs and lost their best perimeter defender in game one. So this time around they got deeper at the PG spot and brought in another defensive specials this team is as deep as it gets period!!

Punk
07-29-2012, 10:04 AM
As much as the Pacers gave Miami trouble, Bosh was out. NY proved to overpower Indiana during the season which is why NY will get the edge this season based off those results. Plus, NY got bigger and deeper as well.

I don't see how Indiana will be better than Boston or NY. They will win their share of games against lesser compeition but Will struggle against others. Thats my opinion anyhow.

YoungOne
07-29-2012, 10:34 AM
amusing how this thread is about the celtics and knicks and pacer fans come in to get some attention :D

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 11:40 AM

If you can defend it you can be it.

Heatcheck
07-29-2012, 12:20 PM
The Knicks say "Hello!"

And the Celtics could care less.

Heatcheck
07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
amusing how this thread is about the celtics and knicks and pacer fans come in to get some attention :D

its about being the most well rounded team in the east, how are they coming in to "get attention".

You still cant **** with Miami anyway.

ryang
07-29-2012, 01:36 PM
The knicks more versatile then the heat lmao.. Throw all the lineups out there you want but in no way are they more versatile.. You do know the lineups you create have to win games right?? Anyways no boston is not..

justinnum1
07-29-2012, 01:37 PM
The knicks more versatile then the heat lmao.. Throw all the lineups out there you want but in no way are they more versatile.. You do know the lineups you create have to win games right?? Anyways no boston is not..

lmfao!

who said that?

Wildcat Swag
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
The Knicks say "Hello!"
The Knicks are so overrated, it's not even funny.

ryang
07-29-2012, 02:14 PM
lmfao!

who said that?

faze 38 but he changed it.. edit.. funniest **** ive heard in a while.. it was right up there with new yorks above average defense

ryang
07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Or take it to a more defensive unit by switching out Smith for Kidd or Brewer this team is easily more versatile then the Heat we have way more options right now. I mean Lebron is a very versitle player but this team can be used in so many ways it's not even funny.

So who ever else is gonna look at any other team besides the Knicks and talk about depth is sleeping because let's be honest the Celtics are hoping that Rookies pan out and that Jeff Green comes in ready after a year off. The Knicks brought in proven vets. As far as everyone taking diggs at Felton last time I saw him he looked ready to play so watch out boys him and Stat are coming hard this year. The even funnier thing to me is that the Heat brought in Lewis who lets be frank has sucked ever since he popped for PEDs and they're are acting like he's going to MIA straight from settle. They brought in Ray which is great because Mike Miller is falling apart but that team is still missing a good center and besides Bosh and Bron are weak in that front court the Knicks are deep in the front court and savvy in the backcourt so let's get to war ladies cause this will be a fun year!

wait no he didnt.. lmfao

justinnum1
07-29-2012, 02:19 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:drunk:

:laugh:

Miami can put a unit on the floor thats great on D and offense. Something the knicks can't do.

Utd7
07-29-2012, 02:27 PM
lol Nah Miami is more versatile

ryang
07-29-2012, 02:32 PM
LMFAO!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:drunk:

:laugh:

Miami can put a unit on the floor thats great on D and offense. Something the knicks can't do.

LMAO..

How long until chronz shows up and gets advanced stats to show the knicks are more versatile??

justinnum1
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
LMAO..

How long until chronz shows up and gets advanced stats to show the knicks are more versatile??

He could post 10 pages worth of stats, lol. The knicks are no where near as versatile as miami.

Do the knicks have 8 guys who can play multiple positions? no

Do they have more than 4 guys who are above average on offense and defense? no

But thanks to the guy who said the knicks are more versatile, gave me a good laugh.

Corey
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Thread about the Celtics..

Knicks and Heat fans arguing..

Yep, we're in the NBA forum.

Punk
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Miami is more versatile. NY might be second or so. I'd say NY might have the best defensive sided lineup to throw out but that's it.

Kidd at PG
Iman at SG
Ronnie at SF
Camby at PF
Chandler at C

or an offensive lineup:

Prigoni at PG
JR at SG
Novak at SF
Melo at PF
Amare at C

Miami has more wing guards/forwards. Miami can throw out better lineups to throw a defense off.

Captain Moroni
07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
No the celtics are not.

ryang
07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Miami is more versatile. NY might be second or so. I'd say NY might have the best defensive sided lineup to throw out but that's it.

Kidd at PG
Iman at SG
Ronnie at SF
Camby at PF
Chandler at C

or an offensive lineup:

Prigoni at PG
JR at SG
Novak at SF
Melo at PF
Amare at C

Miami has more wing guards/forwards. Miami can throw out better lineups to throw a defense off.

That defensive lineup looks good.. Offensive I dont like but thats just my opinion.. New york is versatile so I agree with you..

Utd7
07-29-2012, 03:26 PM
All I know is I'm very comfortable with our team and feel we have the pieces to beat Miami if/when we matchup in the ECF.

ryang
07-29-2012, 03:41 PM
We feel the same

LA_Raiders
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
looks good in paper, lets see how pierce & kg play

I Rock Shaqs
07-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Kidd at PG
Iman at SG
Ronnie at SF
Camby at PF
Chandler at C

or an offensive lineup:

Prigoni at PG
JR at SG
Novak at SF
Melo at PF
Amare at C

Jason Kidd is nowhere near a good defensive player anymore, unless he's guarding Baron davis or somebody just as slow.

xILLN355
07-29-2012, 04:11 PM
lol. that is all.

this lol

BobbyHillSwag
07-29-2012, 05:42 PM
LMAO..

advanced stats are straight ********, watch the games besides when they play Miami. I can watch the games and tell knicks are more versatile than some people are saying. Also, lol at the people that said melo was a liability on defense, he's not even close to a liability. Even when he is half assing it he's an ok defensive player. Just one of those things that people say that caught on then everyone else starts following. Melo is not a bad defensive player at all.

ty_smitty21
07-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I will say that the Pacers team is deep but lets get this right if your taking the Pacers over the Knicks you are nuts. I mean last time I checked we won 2 out of 3 last year and it took a miracle comeback for u guys to win the 3rd. Also let me toss in the fact that 90% of that comeback was on our weak bench at the time. I mean people need to realize that this Knicks team played without a PG in the playoffs and lost their best perimeter defender in game one. So this time around they got deeper at the PG spot and brought in another defensive specials this team is as deep as it gets period!!

You guys are seriously bringing up the season series as your argument as why the Knicks will be better than the Pacers? How about the standings? The Pacers beat the Knicks by 6 games in a shortened season. And if you want to talk about the season series, why don't you mention the fact that the Knicks had just fired their coach and got to play the Pacers on back to back nights during their worst stretch of games all season? Season series means absolutely nothing.

The Pacers are better than the New York Knicks. Period. Old man river at point guard isn't going to put you over that hump. Calling me nuts over the issue is also pretty laughable.

ty_smitty21
07-30-2012, 12:45 AM
1. Heat 2. Pacers 3. Celtics 4. Bulls 5. Knicks 6. Sixers

Next year's top 6 in the standings.

The C's are too old to have the best record... D Rose is out for a while... and the Knicks have too many issues. Adding Jason Kidd and losing Jeremy Lin doesn't exactly scream huge improvement. They'll be a good team.. but not better than Indy.

Just because you haven't watched Indy very much doesn't mean they aren't a better squad.

ombada
07-30-2012, 02:50 AM
1. Heat 2. Pacers 3. Celtics 4. Bulls 5. Knicks 6. Sixers

Next year's top 6 in the standings.

The C's are too old to have the best record... D Rose is out for a while... and the Knicks have too many issues. Adding Jason Kidd and losing Jeremy Lin doesn't exactly scream huge improvement. They'll be a good team.. but not better than Indy.

Just because you haven't watched Indy very much doesn't mean they aren't a better squad.

I dont agree with your standings, or reasoning, but i do agree that the Heat and Pacers will be 1 and 2 in seeding. Boston will make a push in the playoffs and they along with the Bulls/Sixers/Nets/Knicks will be somewhere from 3-7 with the 8 spot being up for grabs.

This is just my opinion.

JordansBulls
07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Coach Doc Rivers

PG: Rajon Rondo - Avery Bradley

SG: Courtney Lee - Jason Terry

Thoughts?

(PS: I hate the Celtics, but respect the moves that Doc and Danny have made this offseason after losing RayRay and Stiesmma).

Maybe if they were younger.

Piercefan34
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe if they were younger.

we've got like three 'old' players. the old talk needs to stop cause our 'old' guys still play better than most.

SteBO
07-30-2012, 12:10 PM
You gotta hand to Boston, they just don't go away. I agree w/ the above poster that says the "old" talk needs to stop, because they've said this for three consecutive years now, and they've still been able to exceed expectations. They've signed Courtney Lee (good young defender/three point shooter), Jason Terry (solves last years' issue w/ scoring off the bench), and re-signed Brandon Bass and KG. I'm not sold on Jeff Green at all, but Avery Bradley is a stud imo. They'll be up there w/ the chance to represent the East along with Miami.

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
You gotta hand to Boston, they just don't go away. I agree w/ the above poster that says the "old" talk needs to stop, because they've said this for three consecutive years now, and they've still been able to exceed expectations. They've signed Courtney Lee (good young defender/three point shooter), Jason Terry (solves last years' issue w/ scoring off the bench), and re-signed Brandon Bass and KG. I'm not sold on Jeff Green at all, but Avery Bradley is a stud imo. They'll be up there w/ the chance to represent the East along with Miami.

I agree the team as a whole is not old, but 2 of their 3 most important players are.

SteBO
07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree the team as a whole is not old, but 2 of their 3 most important players are.
That's true, but we both know all too well about what KG did to us in the ECF. He's still got plenty left in the tank I think & Pierce is still a very good player in this league. A Rondo-Bradley backcourt is a good one to build around in the future, even though I think Bradley gets overrated at times on here.

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 02:13 PM
That's true, but we both know all too well about what KG did to us in the ECF. He's still got plenty left in the tank I think & Pierce is still a very good player in this league. A Rondo-Bradley backcourt is a good one to build around in the future, even though I think Bradley gets overrated at times on here.

When kg is healthy he is a top 20 player...but his and pierces' age is a concern imo.

Vee-Rex
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
When kg is healthy he is a top 20 player...but his and pierces' age is a concern imo.

To me Pierce is the only concern. Throughout the season you'll have everyone saying they're too old, but the playoffs is where KG will step his game up like Duncan.

With KG playing good in the playoffs, Rondo doing his thing, and the other support players (AB, JGreen, JTee, No Pass Bass, C-Lee) contributing they'll be tough. The only chance they have against the Heat is if Pierce is on fire the whole series while everyone else is playing at the top of their game, but if Pierce isn't (and this is their concern) then they'll lose.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Personally I think they still need 1 more big guy in order for them to be considered the "deepest" team. However The C's did a great job of re-tooling. I think it is pretty clear with their additions of Green Lee and Terry that they are in better shape to matchup with Miami. To me, they went into this offseason to combat Miami's athleticism and versatility. Cant say that I disagree with the approach.

But they will struggle a little if they have to play teams with size. I think KG is the only 7footer on the roster (again Melo hasnt proved anything). Wilcox might be around 7 feet but he and KG are both "small" 7 footers if that makes any sense. So the size/rebounding is still a slight concern

King41
07-30-2012, 02:59 PM

this
the celtics have added some good players and the heat have added allen (needed 3 point shooter) lewis (+size,3point)

justinnum1
07-30-2012, 03:06 PM

I think the celtics and miami are a lock for the ecf

mbsalame123
07-30-2012, 03:17 PM
they might be the deepest and most well rounded team in the whole NBA besides possibly the Oklahoma City Thunder.

When healthy their whole roster can give you at least 15 minutes or more a game.

this is their depth

pg. rondo, bradley, dooling
sg. lee, terry, christmas
sf. pierce, green, joseph
pf. bass, sullinger
c. garnett, wilkox, melo

their bench is much better from last year and now they can rest garnett and pierce, something they were not able to do and then come playoff time just play them all out just like the spurs did last year.

plus this team is now Rondo's which means he is going to dominate even more.... BEST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA AND MOST UNDERRATED.... you heard it here. one of the smallest but one of the best well rounded players in the nba.

can easily average 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 12 assists a game.
if he improves his 3 point shooting this guy will be unstoppable.

king4day
07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
I love what Boston has done. They retooled while keeping core pieces. Pierce has to be thrilled. Competing for a title for at least the duration of his contract.

superior
07-30-2012, 03:35 PM
kidd-felton
shump-smith
carmelo-brewer
amare- novak
chandler- camby

is right up there with boston

LongIslandIcedZ
07-30-2012, 03:40 PM
It's Miami until proven otherwise, with Boston, NY and Indiana behind them.