PDA

View Full Version : Who's the "sleeper" team for this upcoming season?

robbylewis77
07-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Personally, I believe it's the Minnesota Timberwolves. They have slowly, but surely, built a steady team with some depth.

Rubio, Love, Roy, AK47, Williams, JJ Barea, Budinger, Ridnour, Pekovic

I think they are legit playoff contenders; somewhere in the 7-8 range.

Who's your sleeper?

Delusional
07-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Suns could surprise some people. Dragic, Beasley, and Scola were big additions to go along with Gortat. I could see them in the playoffs as a 6th seed.

JoinSportsTeam
07-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Personally, I believe it's the Minnesota Timberwolves. They have slowly, but surely, built a steady team with some depth.

Rubio, Love, Roy, AK47, Williams, JJ Barea, Budinger, Ridnour, Pekovic

I think they are legit playoff contenders; somewhere in the 7-8 range.

Who's your sleeper?

Im not a fan of the timbewolves at all.
I like what the wizards have done. I think Beal is going to be a very good pro and will help john wall a lot. I dont know if they make playoffs but they will improve a lot. Also like what Golden State has done although may be next year before they are legit.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Blazers Jazz Wolves and Suns will fight for 8th seed

I dont see how in the world they will have a better record than

OkC
Lakers
Spurs
Clippers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Nuggets

LTBaByyy
07-27-2012, 03:44 PM
To answer the thread, its the Wizards for sure

They will be a 7th or 8th seed

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Detroit Pistons are being picked by NO one and they could very well be a bottom playoff team next year.

the_jon
07-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Bobcats

They'll put everyone to sleep

Sinestro
07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I love the Wizards and TWolves here

mvb815
07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
toronto

great additions in lowry and jonas, finally moving bargs to the 4, t ross and fields. i think they'll make the playoffs this year

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
toronto

great additions in lowry and jonas, finally moving bargs to the 4, t ross and fields. i think they'll make the playoffs this year

I really like Toronto's roster.

mike44
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I think the Hawks will be better than people think. They basically replaced Joe Johnson with Lou Williams who will score like 3 points less than JJ did at a similar efficiency. Plus they got two of the best 3 pt shooters in the game in Korver and Morrow and drafted the best shooter in the draft in John Jenkins. Teague should improve, Horford will be back and they should both get more shots now with JJ gone. The one problem I do see is Larry Drew though.

SACNYY
07-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Bobcats

They'll put everyone to sleep

lol. winner

MrFastBreak
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I wanna say the Bulls because I have a good feeling about this team despite their main guy being down and their defensive dropoff. But I still think they have some fight in them to prove some people wrong and Noah's still there. Not to mention, their off season isnt over yet. If they can hold it down until Rose's return, they might do something special. I could be wrong but I dont think they'll be atrocious and perhaps they're unlikely to make noise in the playoffs. But hey, anything can happen. Just my take.

P.S. Starting off the season, the Bulls have one of the easiest schedules, at least based on win-loss records. Havent checked the SRS ratings or Four Factors.

MrFastBreak
07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I think the Hawks will be better than people think. They basically replaced Joe Johnson with Lou Williams who will score like 3 points less than JJ did at a similar efficiency. Plus they got two of the best 3 pt shooters in the game in Korver and Morrow and drafted the best shooter in the draft in John Jenkins. Teague should improve, Horford will be back and they should both get more shots now with JJ gone. The one problem I do see is Larry Drew though.

Yea, guy has no emotion, but I like the team's chances. Im inwardly excited to see how they do.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Nets people are saying they are a 5-8 seed when I think they will be like the Bulls and have the best record in the EAST.

FOXHOUND
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I like Houston, although they are very young. They were the 9th team last year, and only 2 games behind the Jazz. I think Lin is going to fit in nicely with that squad, and all 3 1st round picks looks like they will be really solid in the worst case scenario. I can definitely see them grabbing the 8th seed, and getting destroyed in the first round lol.

Heediot
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Wizards.

akia83
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
If healthy, the Warriors can be top 4 in the West, but knowing Bogut and Curry, that's a huge IF.

Chronz
07-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Warriors

UPRock
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Minnesota.

JWO35
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
East: Cavs(East is weak, Kyrie can potentially get them in the playoffs by himself)
West: Suns(Can cause some trouble I think if they make the playoffs)

nyKnicks126
07-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah I have to agree with the Timberwolves..

and I really think that Washington could sneak into the playoffs.

DTownSkitzo
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Pistons (I really believe we have a chance at the 7-8 seed in the east)
Wolves (Good on paper even with B-Roy being a huge question mark)
Bucks (They have an explosive back court; with the addition of Henson and a full camp I'd like to see what this team can do)

DTownSkitzo
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
If healthy, the Warriors can be top 4 in the West, but knowing Bogut and Curry, that's a huge IF.

No offense but that's a pretty big IF. Curry is small enough to where injury is a lurking paranoia; Bogut... well do I have to say it? On paper and on NBA 2k13 this team is good but real life is a different story.

akia83
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
No offense but that's a pretty big IF. Curry is small enough to where injury is a lurking paranoia; Bogut... well do I have to say it? On paper and on NBA 2k13 this team is good but real life is a different story.

No offense, but it's basically what I said

futureman
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Blazers Jazz Wolves and Suns will fight for 8th seed

I dont see how in the world they will have a better record than

OkC
Lakers
Spurs
Clippers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Nuggets

The Mavs got worse imo. the Wolves and the Jazz got much better.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 05:15 PM
How is Minny a sleeper? They were a playoff team last year, until Rubio was hurt.... I think the Suns can fit the bill of being a sleeper.

Losoway
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
another timberwolves thread . they will not be a sleeper

look at there record last year . what did they do to improve that?

lil to nothing they just replaced players with similiar players

Chronz
07-27-2012, 05:19 PM
How is Minny a sleeper? They were a playoff team last year, until Rubio was hurt.... I think the Suns can fit the bill of being a sleeper.
Not convinced they would have made it even with Rubio. He was really struggling towards the end of the year

Losoway
07-27-2012, 05:19 PM
i think the nets are a sleeper team

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Not convinced they would have made it even with Rubio. He was really struggling towards the end of the year

He was injured.... ????

jimm120
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I think that a lot of people will be surprised at the Knicks.

-Many are expecting them to be a #4-6 seed.
-I'm expecting them to be a #3 seed.
-But they have potential to be a real championship contender (not a playoff team only).

Not necessarily a "horrible team to good team", but a good team to a great team

D12 fan
07-27-2012, 05:28 PM

-But they have potential to be a real championship contender (not a playoff team only).

Homer alert.

SlimKid
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
another timberwolves thread . they will not be a sleeper

look at there record last year . what did they do to improve that?

lil to nothing they just replaced players with similiar players

Uhhh.. what?

Punk
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Sleepers in the West: Minnesota, Golden State, Portland.
Sleepers in the East: Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee.

I agree, I think they will transition from good team to great team this year, barring no injuries. They have to prove it though.

EasternStar
07-27-2012, 05:33 PM
To answer the thread, its the Wizards for sure

They will be a 7th or 8th seed

The Wizards are a very wise choice. IMO, Minny has a good shot of being a shocker in the West.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 05:50 PM
For the West: The Warriors. Bogut and Lee should be a great frontcourt combination and I love Thompson, Barnes, and Curry. If they can stay healthy they're an 7th- 8th seed in the West.

For the East: The Cavs. I think they will be better than people are projecting. Kyrie will soon be a top PG in the league. If Waiters performs the way I think he will, with Zeller, Varejao, and Thompson in the frontcourt, they can be an exciting young team.