PDA

View Full Version : People forget how ridiculous Michael Jordan was..

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Jordan was so much better than everyone. This will never happen again. I grew up in the 1980's and am a fan of a rival team. This guy was on a different level and there hasn't been anyone close since. Kobe and Lebron are not better than MJ. There really is no argument.

Enjoy the video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsSIy5zTk0o&feature=related

MadBomber
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
+1

HesterJordan23
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
grew up as a lil kid admiring him even without knowing exactly what he did butas i grew up i have watched not only his videos but other greats and you can not compare his talent to any others.. everyone seems to now think he is over rated or is too much hype created by the media.. if you really play basketball or know the game just watch MJ and youll see why he is the greatest

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Considering the way teams played defense back then and the things they could get away with makes his career even more impressive.

Never in my life seen a player as competitive has him. I saw him a ton being a Pistons fan. Saw this video today and my jaw dropped.

Dude was so sick man..

cheaptrikz
07-27-2012, 01:23 PM
The GOAT

Nycbball08
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
And he's still ridiculous, as owner of the Bobcats..:clap:

seikou8
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
we all know this what was the point of this thread.

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Sorry it's not about the Knicks or what Dwight Howard is thinking at the moment..

HesterJordan23
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM

prob because there is alot of **** talking in the nba forum lately about how he is just hype of the media and he has a team that made him great and blah blah blah people are just 1. sick and tired of hearing about him or 2. dont want to except it cuz there on kobe or lebrons dick..

HesterJordan23
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
alot of this is being brought upon because of lebrons and kobes remarks as to beating the dream team i suppose?

seikou8
07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Sorry it's not about the Knicks or what Dwight Howard is thinking at the moment..

have i said anything about the knicks being the best or posted anything about dwight howard the answer is no. i am not these knicks homers that you talk you or see in nba forum k buddy.

avrpatsfan
07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
People forget how dominant Jordan was in his prime. In an era where defenders got away with a lot more, he was still a ridiculous scorer.

People say he's not as good of an all around player as Lebron, but he posted a season where he went 32-8-8-3, a season Lebron has never replicated. And he could have done that almost every other season if he decided to shoot less.

And, he shot 49.7% from the field his whole career. That's ridiculously efficient for a guy who averaged 30 PPG for his career.

asandhu23
07-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think anyone here above the age of 18 is forgetting Jordan's ridiculous-ness.

seikou8
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't think anyone here above the age of 18 is forgetting Jordan's ridiculous-ness.

this

KB-Pau-DH2012
who?

JiffyMix88
People forget how dominant Jordan was in his prime. In an era where defenders got away with a lot more, he was still a ridiculous scorer.

People say he's not as good of an all around player as Lebron, but he posted a season where he went 32-8-8-3, a season Lebron has never replicated. And he could have done that almost every other season if he decided to shoot less.

And, he shot 49.7% from the field his whole career. That's ridiculously efficient for a guy who averaged 30 PPG for his career.

thats what always stands out to me too

J4KOP99
07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
It's not that we forget how great he was, it's that about 60% of the posters on here never actually saw him play when he was on the Bulls.

I am a lifelong Lakers fan and I have been watching basketball since before Michael came into the league... Without a doubt, Michael is the greatest basketball player I've ever seen play. I love Kobe bryant but he's not Michael and won't ever be. LeBron is a tremendous talent and will only continue to get better but he's not Michael.

The guy just did not lose. He was also the undoubted leader and best player on all of his teams. He was truly dominant in every facet of the game. If his career would have played out during today's society, with social media and 24/7 press coverage, I can only imagine how he would be looked upon. Bigger than a god

mamba24
07-27-2012, 01:56 PM

this... anyone who says kobe is better than jordan didnt really get to watch jordan play...

Hellcrooner
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
forget? no
deny greatness? no
kobe better than him? no
Lebron better than him ? no
Durant? absolutley no
but this three dudes arent better than Magic, Wilt, Oscar, Kareem either.
Drink the media driven coolaid bout goat af all times and sports and there will never again be someone better? NO

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 01:59 PM
It's not that we forget how great he was, it's that about 60% of the posters on here never actually saw him play when he was on the Bulls.

I am a lifelong Lakers fan and I have been watching basketball since before Michael came into the league... Without a doubt, Michael is the greatest basketball player I've ever seen play. I love Kobe bryant but he's not Michael and won't ever be. LeBron is a tremendous talent and will only continue to get better but he's not Michael.

The guy just did not lose. He was also the undoubted leader and best player on all of his teams. He was truly dominant in every facet of the game. If his career would have played out during today's society, with social media and 24/7 press coverage, I can only imagine how he would be looked upon. Bigger than a god

I agree with that. That's why I get a good laugh when people say he's overrated. I'm a Pistons fan (since 1981) - I hated Jordan. But there will never be another like him.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I agree with that. That's why I get a good laugh when people say he's overrated. I'm a Pistons fan (since 1981) - I hated Jordan. But there will never be another like him.

There WILL be one if this three factors happen

1 REall similar talent ( lebron does, kobe does not)
2 real drive to win( kobe does, lebron doesnt)
3 similar media enviroment for the player. ( lebron and kobe come a bit short)

Now good luck finding another 6,9 Point guard.

HesterJordan23
07-27-2012, 02:02 PM

this

Gritz
Nobody forgot sthu

justinnum1
There is a reason he is called the GOAT.

Nobody forgot sthu

This too.

HesterJordan23
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM

tebow? ahah

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Nobody forgot sthu

Agree. OP just wants attention for bringing up an argument out of thin air.

seikou8
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
guys stop with the drive to win stuff, Micheal Jordan was just better than anyone he faced. that's why he is the goat not because he want it more than any one of the greats he just was flat out stud who got it done in big spots.

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
lol - I'm getting attacked by Lakers/Heat fans... Forgot why I avoided the NBA forum..

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Agree. OP just wants attention for bringing up an argument out of thin air.

:laugh2: Really?

majmarcus
07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Whats funny to me is how people get upset...so bent outta shape when another fan has a different opinion of whos better. Its their opinion & they can name whomever they choose to name as the goat in their eyes!

As for the thread starter. No offense. But who exactly has forgotten about how great Jordan was? We arent allowed to forget it/appreciate it because after all, he's only the golden standard of the Nba. He's just the measuring stick by which every damn body is compared. I seriously think many of his die hard supporters acts as though he's never missed a shot or turned the ball over or got scored on or even committed a friggin foul.

I think yall would probably go to hell in his place if you could. Smh...noone has forgotten anything boss. Because if anyone needs to see this thread, its the very same media who elevated him to Godly status...yeah I said it!!!

Sactown
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Jordan was so arrogant he wanted to go out there and flat out embarrass anyone on any given night.. Everyone knows Kobe isn't the same player as Jordan and it's impossible to compare because of the different era's and playing styles... the game has evolved so much especially in the statistical part of it.. Teams know better now than ever where opposing players struggle and succeed, but previous generations played more physical.. So who knows how prime Kobe would of played in the 90's or prime Jordan in the mid 2000's.

But everyone knows Lebron is more Magic than Jordan.

effen5
07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Whats funny to me is how people get upset...so bent outta shape when another fan has a different opinion of whos better. Its their opinion & they can name whomever they choose to name as the goat in their eyes!

As for the thread starter. No offense. But who exactly has for forgotten about how great Jordan was? We arent allowed to forget it/appreciate it because after all, he's only the golden standard of the Nba. He's just the measuring stick by which every damn body is compared. I seriously think many of his die hard supporters acts as though he's never missed a shot or turned the ball over or got scored on or even committed a friggin foul.

I think yall would probably go to hell in his place if you could. Smh...noone has forgotten anything boss. Because if anyone needs to see this thread, its the very same media who elevated him to Godly status...yeah I said it!!!

Some people a) has forgotten (some media calling Bron better than Jordan) b) were too young to watch him play.

Michael Jordan's post up game was absolutely unguardable.

effen5
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
BTW, if you have a defense named after you by one of the most physical dominant defenses of all time (Bad Boys Pistons), "Jordan Rules" I mean that has to mean something right?

StinkEye
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Dude, the horse is already dead.

YashBoone
07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
My wife's cousin and I just had this discussion
and one of his main points was that Michael Jordan was overated
as a defender.....lmao, poor guy.....and he is 35 so he got to actually watch jordan in his prime, not just highlights or replays.

Longhornfan1234
07-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I hate MJ as much as Wade...but I can't deny MJ's greatness. MJ is the GOAT.

Tymathee
07-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I think Jordan is the GOAT but at the same time I think a lot of rules that are in place today would scale back his points.

Sure it was more physical and hand checking was in but that also allows you to know where the player without having to look at them, thus not exposing the ball or the other player being able to read your eyes or the ball movement, so he'd still be great.

Also, there was no doubling off the ball, and no zone defenses, so everything was man to man, and you could only double when he got the ball and generally when Jordan got the ball he was moving, so forget about doubling him.

Also, you couldn't guard a zone, if you were too far from your man, you got whistled, so you always had to be up on Jordan, thus enabling him to go around people more often, and not having to rely on his spotty jumper (early in his career)

I'm not discounting Jordan but it's very hard to compare two different eras with totally different rules.

Like I believe Shaq playing with Wilt's rules would've been just as good. Back u down forever? thank u! i can shoot off backboard and get my own rebound, oh yeah! 1 v 1 every time down? Oh yeah! shaq would've been incredible.

dh144498
07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
how quickly they forget....

Losoway
07-27-2012, 02:41 PM
its happening now

his name is LeGod James

effen5
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I think Jordan is the GOAT but at the same time I think a lot of rules that are in place today would scale back his points.

Sure it was more physical and hand checking was in but that also allows you to know where the player without having to look at them, thus not exposing the ball or the other player being able to read your eyes or the ball movement, so he'd still be great.

Also, there was no doubling off the ball, and no zone defenses, so everything was man to man, and you could only double when he got the ball and generally when Jordan got the ball he was moving, so forget about doubling him.

Also, you couldn't guard a zone, if you were too far from your man, you got whistled, so you always had to be up on Jordan, thus enabling him to go around people more often, and not having to rely on his spotty jumper (early in his career)

I'm not discounting Jordan but it's very hard to compare two different eras with totally different rules.

Like I believe Shaq playing with Wilt's rules would've been just as good. Back u down forever? thank u! i can shoot off backboard and get my own rebound, oh yeah! 1 v 1 every time down? Oh yeah! shaq would've been incredible.

Well everything you said is true but Jordan would adapt to the new rules quickly. Also you have to remember, when Jordan was playing, there was no three second rules, centers camped out in the paint waiting while in today's game, you can't do that. The way Rose/Westbrook/Bron drives to the rim at will, Jordan would have an absolute field day in this era.

seikou8
07-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Well everything you said is true but Jordan would adapt to the new rules quickly. Also you have to remember, when Jordan was playing, there was no three second rules, centers camped out in the paint waiting while in today's game, you can't do that. The way Rose/Westbrook/Bron drives to the rim at will, Jordan would have an absolute field day in this era.

true jordan would average 40-5-7 every night no one in the nba right could guard Jordan one on one.kobe tried to replicate Jordan POST GAME BUT HE COULDNT DO IT like jordan.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
You can watch highlights, previously recorded games and look at stats for MJ. It isn't the same was watching the games as they happened live. The drama isn't quite the same.

That was one of the things that made Jordan what he was is he understood the entertainment value of the NBA and became really great at creating dramatic moments in games. That's one thing that separates him from some of the others. As a fan I was blown away so many times at the things he would do in key moments.

Mishmin
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Who forgot Jordan was the greatest?

SMH!
07-27-2012, 02:56 PM

this... and this thread is pointless, no one is questioning if Jordan was great or not lol..

DaBear
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
It's the Kobe and LeBron homers usually making these ridiculous assertions about why either one is better than MJ.

Hired Guns
07-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Not me G.O.A.T... doesn't matte what anyone says about the greats before him. No comparison.

Heediot
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
To all those that say today's players are more athletic, Jordan, Nique and Dr. J still have some of the greatest dunks of all time that are hard to duplicate. Don't sleep on these old school cats a lot of these guys were more athletic/stronger/faster than people give them credit for.

Kelly Gruber
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
THE greatest.

Hotone1401
07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Here's further proof for the Lebron fans and kids who never got to watch.

These are the best on YouTube. (Rare highlights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_SrjKVxIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MJ Playoff highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Jjl9_ZDY4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3WLup0ithY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurtZK1iAH8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The most impressive is the 98' playoffs because you can certainly see how much more effective and stronger MJ was than Kobe at that age. Jordan also displays so many skills and fundamentals of the game that Lebron hasn't even come close to mastering.

MJ is the GOAT. No doubt.

hidalgo
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Michael Jordan is definitely the best ever. i really wish they'd release ultimate Jordan 2 on dvd, it's cool they made this first one but i want more. lots more. also every nba finals they played would be great. i have the 91 finals but that's all they released. and they should release all 8 1992 dream team games on dvd. i'd buy all this stuff in a second

Teeboy1487
07-27-2012, 03:39 PM

This. It's common knowledge that Jordan is the greatest basketball player in history.

NYKalltheway
07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
I grew up hating him... so yeah, he's the best

MTar786
07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
the fact that he averaged a career 30+ppg on 49+% shooting AS a SG with 6 for 6 on rings and so many mvps and finals mvps is enough to say he is the goat

Hellcrooner
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
the fact that he averaged a career 30+ppg on 49+% shooting AS a SG with 6 for 6 on rings and so many mvps and finals mvps is enough to say he is the goat

6 on 15.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
What the hell are you talking about? No one's forgetting.

Raps Insider 12
07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
MJ rose to the top during an era when a hard foul was a hard foul, against arguably the best opposing defense of the Pistons and Knicks and the best offense of the Lakers, Utah and Pacers.

No one can compare.

lakerboy
07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
He dominated because the 90s was the weakest generation

hidalgo
07-27-2012, 05:39 PM
it most certainly was not weak. the NBA was at it's peak in the 90s. much tougher competition than today. don't you forget it either

only young punks who didn't see the 90s NBA would say something quite so dumb

effen5
07-27-2012, 05:53 PM
He dominated because the 90s was the weakest generation

regular fouls in MJ's generation would be ejections in this generation.

hidalgo
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
this is truly the weakest era, sissy ball compared to 90s play. now we have ticky tack fouls, & rule changes to make perimeter players score easily, flopping none stop, & the weakest the center position has ever been

MrFastBreak
07-27-2012, 06:03 PM
prob because there is alot of **** talking in the nba forum lately about how he is just hype of the media and he has a team that made him great and blah blah blah people are just 1. sick and tired of hearing about him or 2. dont want to except it cuz there on kobe or lebrons dick..

Well he did have a great team but his teammates didnt make him great, obviously. Still gives you no reason to be offended. And its nothing wrong with appreciating other great players but you know his worth and thats all that matters.

No one can ever forget man. Its just unnappreciation. Though some people can argue that other guys are better, I have only seen a few. Maybe you've only seen the ones who have their blinders on. And seems to me most people are screamin' MJ anyway. Only a select few prolly argue otherwise. That small quantity atleast from what Ive seen overrides the worth of this thread IMO.

Not always true. I dont think it always has to do with age. Some people just dont know what they're talking about. Even the oldest ones.

Thats the problem. People hold him in such high regard as if hes untouchable. Its why people are always talking about him. Kinda how they do LeBron, they hate him so much because of his high rank (thats where names like LeCunt, LeChoke stem from). A players' hate springs from his inability to live up to the high expectations set for him because of his greatness (at least for LeBron's sake) The cycle goes on and on. Players are just that great.

If the people who supposedly unappreciate MJ truly knew what they were talking about half the time, they can make a better case for others. Its not that they unappreciate the GOAT. They just dont know how to make a case.

There will never be another like LeBron either. Just sayin. There are players that are so dominant (along with Shaq and many others) that you wont see too many guys like them. They are once in a life time caliber. Guys that amaze you. It takes nothing away from MJ when you appreciate others. I dont care how you cut it, slice it, or dice it. Just chalk it up to people not knowing what they are saying and move on with life.

As for the thread starter. No offense. But who exactly has forgotten about how great Jordan was? We arent allowed to forget it/appreciate it because after all, he's only the golden standard of the Nba. He's just the measuring stick by which every damn body is compared. I seriously think many of his die hard supporters acts as though he's never missed a shot or turned the ball over or got scored on or even committed a friggin foul.

- The Truth.

SteveNash
07-27-2012, 06:05 PM

regular fouls in Wilt's generation would be ejections in MJ's generation.

NBA made rules trying to stop Wilt, NBA made rules trying to push Jordan and other guards that followed.

Jordan was a softie who was babied by the NBA, the hard foul nonsense is a joke.

Linkels
07-27-2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

lol to go along with this thread.

hidalgo
07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
i do appreciate LeBron's unique game. he's the best of this era, & has been for years, just never had help(then the odd 2011 defer to Wade way too much in the finals thing, that was very flukish)

AI4MVP
07-27-2012, 06:37 PM
hes aight

Chronz
07-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Hes the goat but that doesn't make him infallible nor does it make his era the "hardest" to score in. so on those grounds he can still be overrated

jp611
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm a diehard Bulls fan and even I forget sometimes... Thanks for the reminder mario

yanksrock
07-27-2012, 06:49 PM
G.o.a.t.

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 07:01 PM

No team in the history of the NBA has ever been as rough as the late 80's Pistons. Your statement is 100% accurate.

Jordan was one tough SOB. I saw every single game he ever played against Detroit and they were harder on him than anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLv2F33snCE&feature=related

ackar
07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
+1000

Lakeshow24KB
07-27-2012, 07:12 PM
This is the only reason I wish I'm older than 15.

hidalgo
07-27-2012, 07:14 PM
No team in the history of the NBA has ever been as rough as the late 80's Pistons. Your statement is 100% accurate.

Jordan was one tough SOB. I saw every single game he ever played against Detroit and they were harder on him than anyone.

and he still put up great numbers against them. even put 61 & 59 points on them. no other guard ever could do that in my opinion. the mid 80s-early 90s pistons really helped thd bulls become a tougher team, they created a monster in a way

Aust
07-27-2012, 07:20 PM
There never was an argument..........

Chronz
07-27-2012, 07:28 PM

Agreed, because everyone knows the 70s never existed

oballers
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Kobe is also one of the greats but he does a poor man's Jordan impression.

But more interestingly, having recently watched some old video of Magic. I realize that Lebron James does a poor man's impression of Magic Johnson.

Well Lebron is great and all but his game is very similar to Magic's without Magic's grace and B-Ball smarts.

But on the other hand Lebron seems stronger more of a steam train. But even with that reputation of being a super athletic big man and conversely Magic being dissed for being (thank you Steven A) unathletic. I still think Magic was an under-rated defender and could contain Lebron.

I am not saying he could stop Lebron and I'm not saying Jordan can stop Kobe. But both guys in their heyday could contain Kobe and Lebron limiting them to more reasonable (under 25 point totals) while on the offensive end both MJ and Magic would go to town.

Ezio
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM

You should watch Knicks D against him.

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
He is the one and only mj the goat you cant stop the guy or couldnt

But

Lebron and mj shouldnt even been compared

I think mj is the greatest SG ever then Kobe behind him

But lebron is the total SF and we will never see another lebron either

Mj is and will always be the goat but he doesnt play every position

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Everybody also forgets how good shaq was who i honestly think was better then wilt.
hakeem and shaq are both crazy good both couldnt be stopped anybody ever seen shaq shake mj? Shaq was crazy good

Wilt played in a complete diffrent era put mj or lebron kobe Shaq hakeem durant kareem magic wade back then they could of put up 100 im not saying wilt wasnt great but it was just different times players were more stiff back then i watch alot of old tape dont try saying nothin bought my bball history

ball4reel
07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Everybody also forgets how good shaq was who i honestly think was better then wilt.
hakeem and shaq are both crazy good both couldnt be stopped anybody ever seen shaq shake mj? Shaq was crazy good

Wilt played in a complete diffrent era put mj or lebron kobe Shaq hakeem durant kareem magic wade back then they could of put up 100 im not saying wilt wasnt great but it was just different times players were more stiff back then i watch alot of old tape dont try saying nothin bought my bball history

Guess you didnt see what Hakeem did to Shaq in the 2000 finals.. I would take Hakeem over Shaq every time

Hotone1401
07-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Guess you didnt see what Hakeem did to Shaq in the 2000 finals.. I would take Hakeem over Shaq every time

Don't you mean 1994-1995 Finals?

valade16
07-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Well nobody did because it wasn't the 2000 finals...

--23--
07-27-2012, 11:52 PM
:worthy: The G.O.A.T... I would never forget his greatness, thanks for sharing the vid

mdm692
07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Lebron my ***. JK

But really if they took the best traits from Lebron and Kobe a young MJ would come out. Not the one in his prime.

b@llhog24
07-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Well he did have a great team but his teammates didnt make him great, obviously. Still gives you no reason to be offended. And its nothing wrong with appreciating other great players but you know his worth and thats all that matters.

No one can ever forget man. Its just unnappreciation. Though some people can argue that other guys are better, I have only seen a few. Maybe you've only seen the ones who have their blinders on. And seems to me most people are screamin' MJ anyway. Only a select few prolly argue otherwise. That small quantity atleast from what Ive seen overrides the worth of this thread IMO.

Not always true. I dont think it always has to do with age. Some people just dont know what they're talking about. Even the oldest ones.

Thats the problem. People hold him in such high regard as if hes untouchable. Its why people are always talking about him. Kinda how they do LeBron, they hate him so much because of his high rank (thats where names like LeCunt, LeChoke stem from). A players' hate springs from his inability to live up to the high expectations set for him because of his greatness (at least for LeBron's sake) The cycle goes on and on. Players are just that great.

If the people who supposedly unappreciate MJ truly knew what they were talking about half the time, they can make a better case for others. Its not that they unappreciate the GOAT. They just dont know how to make a case.

There will never be another like LeBron either. Just sayin. There are players that are so dominant (along with Shaq and many others) that you wont see too many guys like them. They are once in a life time caliber. Guys that amaze you. It takes nothing away from MJ when you appreciate others. I dont care how you cut it, slice it, or dice it. Just chalk it up to people not knowing what they are saying and move on with life.

- The Truth.

Omg this guy is awesome. :clap:

Underdogz∞
07-28-2012, 02:45 AM
For anyone that argues that X NBA player is better than MJ, tell them to ask X NBA or WNBA :D player who the greatest player ever is?

He or she will 99.9% most likely say Jordan and thats how you know if you didnt see him play.

If you saw him play and you don't think he is the greatest ever imo that warrants a :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
07-28-2012, 03:09 AM
People do forget how Ridiculous Mugsy Bogues was tough.

COOLbeans
07-28-2012, 04:01 AM
grew up as a lil kid admiring him even without knowing exactly what he did butas i grew up i have watched not only his videos but other greats and you can not compare his talent to any others.. everyone seems to now think he is over rated or is too much hype created by the media.. if you really play basketball or know the game just watch MJ and youll see why he is the greatest

I can't imagine any self respecting sports fan could ever legitimately call michael Jordan overrated lol

COOLbeans
07-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Hes not only the greatest basketball player ever, but he could be considered as the greatest athlete ever based upon his championships, multiple MVPs and heart alone, much less his unwavering support by his peers who've all expressed that he's the GOAT.

If Jordan went into the Marines he would have no doubt been a general. He was a great leader.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Hes not only the greatest basketball player ever, but he could be considered as the greatest athlete ever based upon his championships, multiple MVPs and heart alone, much less his unwavering support by his peers who've all expressed that he's the GOAT.

If Jordan went into the Marines he would have no doubt been a general. He was a great leader.

and theres we you get to the part when is perfectly legit to say he is overated.

hidalgo
07-28-2012, 04:46 AM
actually Shaquille played really well in the 95 finals, Olajuwon just played better. the Dream was crazy good in his prime. him & SHAQ both gotta be top 10 all time

Ewing had a rough finals against him, but damn near pulled it off, just barely lost game 7. Olajuwon dominated their particular matchup though

COOLbeans
07-28-2012, 06:05 AM
and theres we you get to the part when is perfectly legit to say he is overated.

Carl Lewis, Joyner Kersie, Ali, Jordan. They are all in the conversation.

Rocco007
07-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Jordan was so much better than everyone. This will never happen again. I grew up in the 1980's and am a fan of a rival team. This guy was on a different level and there hasn't been anyone close since. Kobe and Lebron are not better than MJ. There really is no argument.

Enjoy the video -

It's not that MJ was better than Kobe as much as it's the gap as a transcending athlete MJ had in that era's players...You can argue Lebron is that player today but just doesn't have the same skill level...Thats always been my angle on Kobe and why I think what he has done will eventually surpass MJ's accomplishments...Kobe has never been considered the best athlete in the NBA...So now when you think about his stats, it's that much more impressive...

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 09:45 AM
prime kobe>prime lebron(if we are seeing lebron's prime)

Chronz
07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
prime kobe>prime lebron(if we are seeing lebron's prime)

Dont forget AI too, he was better than both of em

Hellcrooner
07-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Carl Lewis, Joyner Kersie, Ali, Jordan. They are all in the conversation.

michael phelps, spitz, armstrong, indurain, maradona, pele, abebe bikila and so on and on in the decens of sports out there.

MadBomber
07-28-2012, 11:45 AM
michael phelps, spitz, armstrong, indurain, maradona, pele, abebe bikila and so on and on in the decens of sports out there.

+1

Jint.
07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
g.o.a.t.

sfattahian
07-28-2012, 12:13 PM

Enjoy the video -

Amen! Kobe and Lebron shouldn't be in the convo if they had 10 rings each. Jordan was the far superior player. Nice thread!

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I think this video is better than the OP's one and it goes better with the subject.

Supa
07-28-2012, 12:28 PM
MJ is what happened when the most skilled player is also the best athlete , sort of combining Kobe with Lebron.

---

C-Wick925
07-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I miss the days of MJ... Sad to watch the videos cause there will never be another quite as good as MJ, He did it when defense was priority..

BlinkManJan02
07-28-2012, 12:43 PM
LeBron James is one of those people who forgot.

MrFastBreak
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
I can't imagine any self respecting sports fan could ever legitimately call michael Jordan overrated lol

Why not? Just because youre the greatest doesnt mean you cant be overrated.

LeBron James is one of those people who forgot.

Nah, just one of them that adds to the list of very few players with hard-to-match production and impact.

BobbyHillSwag
07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Dont forget AI too, he was better than both of em

this is very true sir.

jayjay33
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Oh god......if Jordan was twice as good as he was he would still be the most over rated player in history of sports. I mean damn, he's Jordan not Jesus.

effen5
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Enjoy the video -

That play on 3:43 is the most ridiculous play in NBA history.

Gritz
07-28-2012, 10:49 PM
if Lebrick devoted a whole game to just defense, could he shut a prime Jordan down?

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 10:53 PM
if Lebrick devoted a whole game to just defense, could he shut a prime Jordan down?

Not shut him down, but he would make him shoot around 30-40% imo.

Longhornfan1234
07-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Kobe is also one of the greats but he does a poor man's Jordan impression.

But more interestingly, having recently watched some old video of Magic. I realize that Lebron James does a poor man's impression of Magic Johnson.

Well Lebron is great and all but his game is very similar to Magic's without Magic's grace and B-Ball smarts.

But on the other hand Lebron seems stronger more of a steam train. But even with that reputation of being a super athletic big man and conversely Magic being dissed for being (thank you Steven A) unathletic. I still think Magic was an under-rated defender and could contain Lebron.

I am not saying he could stop Lebron and I'm not saying Jordan can stop Kobe. But both guys in their heyday could contain Kobe and Lebron limiting them to more reasonable (under 25 point totals) while on the offensive end both MJ and Magic would go to town.

Magic could not contain King James.

Hotone1401
07-28-2012, 11:48 PM

That's absurd. It takes a TEAM to contain MJ. The only way that would be possible is if MJ was also having an off shooting night.

If MJ has his stroke going, Lebron would be helpless against MJ.

Blazers#1Fan
07-29-2012, 12:21 AM
This is the only reason I wish I'm older than 15.

Think kobe mixed with brandon roy & ray allen & durant all rolled into one that mj

I like how people say that era 80's early 90's was harder defense then now and players were more skilled then theres players back then that were in and out of the league fast and the 80's,90's like 5-7 teams dominated there were great teams and crappy teams there wasnt a middle back then you sucked or you were in the playoffs

Lakers,Charlotte(hornets),nyk,sonics,portland,utah ,houston,phx,bullets,76ers,rockets,spurs,and non other then the bulls

I was raised in seattle and portland and i hated jordan on the court but everybody respected him off the court but you loved him at the same time

--23--
07-29-2012, 12:35 AM

lol no he wouldn't

--23--
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I think this video is better than the OP's one and it goes better with the subject.

yea this is one of my fav Jordan videos

b@llhog24
07-29-2012, 12:41 AM

This, I couldn't believe he left of phelps.

Oh god......if Jordan was twice as good as he was he would still be the most over rated player in history of sports. I mean damn, he's Jordan not Jesus.

+1

MintBerryCrunch
07-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Everyone who grew up during MJ is a Jordan fanboy And there's no arguing with them.

I'm not saying MJ isn't the GOAT, he is , but I'm just saying most of those who were children during his career will not budge in any argument. They will inevitably resort to " he would destroy today's defense "

Blazers#1Fan
07-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Everyone who grew up during MJ is a Jordan fanboy And there's no arguing with them.

I'm not saying MJ isn't the GOAT, he is , but I'm just saying most of those who were children during his career will not budge in any argument. They will inevitably resort to " he would destroy today's defense "

I was a teen in his prime mid 90's after his return and the dude was crazy good i dont like how people talk like he was immortal because they watched a few games he had off nights he's a regular person but basketball wise he was probably as good as they get but the nba did help him alot he was the poster child for the nba

Blazers#1Fan
07-29-2012, 01:11 AM
To the guy who said lebron wouldnt be able to stop him are ******** lebron is better then larry bird and mj a
had there games same with reggie mille and your telling me lebron isnt better SMH look at numbers by the end of lebrons career you will see he is the next greatest behind mj you hate to see lebron play your team now as much as you use to hate mj playing your team because you know theyll kill your team

Lakerhead4ever
07-29-2012, 01:23 AM
i dont think no one forgets. but damn can life go on?

really, mj is goat, but can we plz move on?

Evolution23
07-29-2012, 01:37 AM
I think everyone knows MJ is the GOAT. You don't need to show is a youtube video to prove that to any one.

Jayb587
07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
lol at this thread. Kobe and lebron have highlight tapes too LMAO

MintBerryCrunch
07-29-2012, 03:49 AM
lol at this thread. Kobe and lebron have highlight tapes too LMAO

Exaaaactly

jayjay33
07-29-2012, 04:05 AM

Depends in his help. On an island LBJ is toast......especially if Jordan plays off the ball and catches it inside his shooting range.

jayjay33
07-29-2012, 04:24 AM

I was a teen in his prime mid 90's after his return and the dude was crazy good i dont like how people talk like he was immortal because they watched a few games he had off nights he's a regular person but basketball wise he was probably as good as they get but the nba did help him alot he was the poster child for the nba

This both if your are right. People act like Jordan was some kind if god. Guys like Mitch Ricmomd and drexler avg around 25+ against Jordan.

But if you ask a Jordan fan boy today, they will tell you Jordan would shut Kobe or lebron down. How many times have we seen this just on the psd. But in reality he didn't even **** down the guys from his era. I mean its crazy all I hear from Jordan fans is **** like Jordan would avg 50 points a game if he played today.

I mean they really think you can put Jordan out there with you, me and 2 cheerleaders and he would still beat the heat by 20 and win the ship. Lol

fadedmario
07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
You can always tell who are the kids on here..

fadedmario
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Also, the only people acting butthurt in this thread are Kobe/LeBron fans.. lol

fadedmario
07-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Also, when it's all said and done - I think Kobe will be looked at as the 2nd greatest player of all-time (behind Jordan).

LeBron is too young to see where he fits - but as of now, he's not in the top 5....yet

EastNYLos
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM
As much as i hated him shittin on my knicks growing up..i come to like him now as im older now tyen i would like any current nba player...that guy was simply unstoppable..

Hotone1401
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM

Not exactly. I'm one of those Kobe fans that actually had the privilege to watch MJ play starting in 88', so I know how great MJ truly was.

Hotone1401
07-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Also, when it's all said and done - I think Kobe will be looked at as the 2nd greatest player of all-time (behind Jordan).

LeBron is too young to see where he fits - but as of now, he's not in the top 5....yet

Kobe is not the 2nd greatest player of all-time.

3ballbomber
07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
w/out jordan players today wouldn't have a measuring stick to gauge their skills against or simply aspire to be in regards to trying to be the best. Jordan set the bar at a peak that everybody after him is still trying to reach! Kids today need to understand that Jordan elevated the game to new heights, innovated to new dimensions of play. He set a standard for basketball greatness which is why he is so highly regarded as the best ever. It's simply a joke some of the remarks about him on this forum but that's the internet for you.

MetroMan
07-29-2012, 09:41 PM

wow. I am a die hard kobe fan. but Michael was the best. better than lebron and kobe.

I agree that people tend to forget how godly jordan played.

smiddy012
07-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Jordan was a softie who was babied by the NBA, the hard foul nonsense is a joke.

Your opinion when it comes to basketball is worthless.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-29-2012, 10:18 PM
You can always tell who are the kids on here..

Those two statements contradict each other.

fadedmario
07-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Those two statements contradict each other.

Not really. Maybe there is other players more deserving, but Kobe has a following much like Jordan did.

I didn't say he was - I said he'd be looked at that way..

You're reaching...

FYI: I've been watching the NBA since 1981 - I've seen Magic/Bird, Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe all in their primes (and when they were just starting out).

JerseyPalahniuk
07-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Not really. Maybe there is other players more deserving, but Kobe has a following much like Jordan did.

I didn't say he was - I said he'd be looked at that way..

You're reaching...

FYI: I've been watching the NBA since 1981 - I've seen Magic/Bird, Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe all in their primes (and when they were just starting out).

I understand Kobe has a cult like following but after reading what you wrote again, my statement still holds. You said "will be looked at" - if you ask other fans from the 70s and 80s they would say Magic/Kareem or (if go back further) Wilt/Russell were better. In this era, the younger fans might say Kobe and in 20 years they might even put Lebron as 2nd best. But if you include fans from every era, they would disagree.

dodie53
07-29-2012, 11:01 PM
goat.