brian24kobe
07-27-2012, 01:20 AM
some people comparing him to TIM DUNCAN....:facepalm:

chi-townlove1
07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Inb4close. This should be fun

mRc08
07-27-2012, 01:23 AM
How can we face palm before we have seen him play an nba minute? Hell he could be the next jordan for all we know.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2012, 01:25 AM
How can we face palm before we have seen him play an nba minute? Hell he could be the next jordan for all we know.

That would be pretty crazy considering he's like 6'11.

WhiteSoxGod
07-27-2012, 01:28 AM

He meant Montell Jordan.

Cal827
07-27-2012, 01:29 AM
I got a good feeling about this thread.

looka09
07-27-2012, 01:29 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AWC713
07-27-2012, 01:35 AM
he could be....

he couldn't be...

LA_Raiders
07-27-2012, 01:38 AM
The brow is going to be just an average player,,,,

Toastyy
07-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Greaaaaaat argument

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 01:41 AM
We'll see

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:00 AM
The brow is going to be just an average player,,,,

Whats with the extra commas?
And I forgot you can tell the future.... this thread is a joke, you can't consider anyone overrated before they've played an NBA game... that is ignorant.... and it shows some jealousy.... I can tell you ANY team would love Davis though.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:01 AM
People are comparing him to Duncan, Camby, KG.... I think he'll be better defensively than Duncan by the end of his career.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:05 AM
I see him as a mix of Tyrus Thomas and Anthony Randolph

Raps18-19 Champ
07-27-2012, 02:05 AM
And I forgot you can tell the future.... this thread is a joke, you can't consider anyone overrated before they've played an NBA game... that is ignorant.... and it shows some jealousy.... I can tell you ANY team would love Davis though.

False.

If Davis is being called the next 'insert All time great here' without actually doing anything, that's already people overrating him.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:08 AM
False.

If Davis is being called the next 'insert All time great here' without actually doing anything, that's already people overrating him.

So, he hasn't disproved that yet, they aren't saying he is better than these players or at their level right now, but he does have the potential to be.

KniCks4LiFe
07-27-2012, 02:10 AM
this thread can't be serious, can it?

brian24kobe

exactly. not a mix of duncan camby..etc.

GREATNESS ONE

Why are you so angry?

Just let it play out, I for one thinks he can bring every night on defense.

We'll see though, like you said it goes both ways.

Aust
At least give the guy a freakin year, and even then don't make a thread on this

Raps18-19 Champ
07-27-2012, 02:11 AM
So, he hasn't disproved that yet, they aren't saying he is better than these players or at their level right now, but he does have the potential to be.

There's no evidence to call him the next Duncan. But there's also no evidence to call him a bust. Comparing him to an all time great is over rating him. CAlling him a bust is underrating him.

It's best to just shut up about it and just let him prove himself.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:12 AM
exactly. not a mix of duncan camby..etc.

He has a, equal blocking ability or maybe even better than TD or Camby right now.... he defensively has players second guessing laying it up... and also he is leading the USA team in blocks in their few exhibition games with barely any minutes

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:12 AM
I think we will look back at Anthony Davis as a mistake, I think MGK will be the best player in this draft.

If anything Davis will have the best year like Okafor but quickly fall off as others develop.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:14 AM
There's no evidence to call him the next Duncan. But there's also no evidence to call him a bust. Comparing him to an all time great is over rating him. CAlling him a bust is underrating him.

It's best to just shut up about it and just let him prove himself.

Then have your own opinion, stop reading what "experts" compare him too, he is Anthony Davis... that is who I want, thats why I don't even pay attention to these so called "experts", because no one knows how he will be.... im staying patient and waiting for him, but to call him overrated because these experts say he has potential to be like TD is ignorant and annoying.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 02:14 AM
This thread should be brought up in a more adult topic like, the way the thread is started is trolling lol

How good can he be in his first year, 3-5years & career wise.

Or something along the lines.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Why are you so angry?

Just let it play out, I for one thinks he can bring every night on defense.

We'll see though, like you said it goes both ways.

Because he maybe an opinion without any type of backing it up at all

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:16 AM

And this is why people ridicule you so much. This comparison doesn't even make sense.

Vinny642
I think we will look back at Anthony Davis as a mistake, I think MGK will be the best player in this draft.

If anything Davis will have the best year like Okafor but quickly fall off as others develop.

Davis is 19 and playing with NBA superstars right now.. why wouldn't he develop?? Great argument :)

GREATNESS ONE

I love the engine on MGK but both players look to be full of potential.

We might as well get used to it guys, we need this new generation of players coming into the league. I'm enjoying it slowly but surely you see players go and come, I love the NBA.

brian24kobe
07-27-2012, 02:17 AM
He has a, equal blocking ability or maybe even better than TD or Camby right now.... he defensively has players second guessing laying it up... and also he is leading the USA team in blocks in their few exhibition games with barely any minutes

yeah hes better defensively RIGHT NOW because timmy and camby are old.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-27-2012, 02:17 AM
He meant Montell Jordan.

:laugh2:

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:18 AM
yeah hes better defensively RIGHT NOW because timmy and camby are old.

And he hasn't even played an NBA game yet, so whats your point, and I think he will be better than Camby in his career, i say by the 3rd year, he would already be a better defender

Raps18-19 Champ
07-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Then have your own opinion, stop reading what "experts" compare him too, he is Anthony Davis... that is who I want, thats why I don't even pay attention to these so called "experts", because no one knows how he will be.... im staying patient and waiting for him, but to call him overrated because these experts say he has potential to be like TD is ignorant and annoying.

I'm not reading what other people are calling him. I'm voicing out that others are wrong to make such quick judgments.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:19 AM
Davis is 19 and playing with NBA superstars right now.. why wouldn't he develop?? Great argument :)

There is nothing to argue, im not saying it is def going to happen its just a prediction. He is on TEAM USA, once he plays real NBA talent it will be a lot different. He was def the pick to pick at number 1 because of potential but I dont think he will live up to it.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:20 AM
NJ will have 2 of the best players out of it in a few years Irving and MGK

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:20 AM
And for you geniuses , its MKG not MGK?

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:21 AM
There is nothing to argue, im not saying it is def going to happen its just a prediction. He is on TEAM USA, once he plays real NBA talent it will be a lot different. He was def the pick to pick at number 1 because of potential but I dont think he will live up to it.

Out of what though? Impulse? I don't see why you would think he would just be a bust for no reason, so basically your argument is nothing... just an impulse.

brian24kobe
07-27-2012, 02:21 AM
And he hasn't even played an NBA game yet, so whats your point, and I think he will be better than Camby in his career, i say by the 3rd year, he would already be a better defender

i dont think so. camby > davis

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:22 AM
NJ will have 2 of the best players out of it in a few years Irving and MGK

Did you even watch Gilchrist outside of Kentucky?

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm not reading what other people are calling him. I'm voicing out that others are wrong to make such quick judgments.

I think all comparisons are ignorant, its pure speculation... from an opinion, i'd rather let him play and see what he can do.

KniCks4LiFe

you know the answer :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
Out of what though? Impulse? I don't see why you would think he would just be a bust for no reason, so basically your argument is nothing... just an impulse.

And you saying he will be better than Camby is the exact same thing we both dont know how he will be, but something about him makes me think he has no desire or passion to play nba at a top level.

Vinny642
i dont think so. camby > davis

I forgot your opinion means a lot without anything to back it up... :)

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:25 AM

Ive seen him on summer league and college, sorry im not a freak basketball lover like you who studies high school and pickup games. SARRREEEE

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:25 AM
And you saying he will be better than Camby is the exact same thing we both dont know how he will be, but something about him makes me think he has no desire or passion to play nba at a top level.

Im just saying if I had to make an opinion, he'd be better, but why wouldn't he have any drive or passion, most NBA players in the league don't have that, so that can be said to anyone in the Draft

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Im just saying if I had to make an opinion, he'd be better, but why wouldn't he have any drive or passion, most NBA players in the league don't have that, so that can be said to anyone in the Draft

We will look at this kid from anywhere as bad as Kwame to Darko, to still getting paid even though he isnt great in Tyrus Thomas, to being an all star shot blocker. I think he will be the next Tyrus imo.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Ive seen him on summer league and college, sorry im not a freak basketball lover like you who studies high school and pickup games. SARRREEEE

How can you live in NJ, follow basketball, and not know about Gilchrist? I mean thats a little crazy considering how hyped up he was at Saint Pats. Same goes for Kyrie.

Jtirado16
07-27-2012, 02:29 AM
This guy must be a Kansas fan....

Sorry you guys lost buddy

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:29 AM
How can you live in NJ, follow basketball, and not know about Gilchrist? I mean thats a little crazy considering how hyped up he was at Saint Pats. Same goes for Kyrie.

Because all I care about is the big leagues, I dont want to see Kyrie and Mike go against high school kids who suck at basketball, that isnt entertaning to me. I like the big leagues, thats why I only watch professional sports and college. What a player does against other high school basketball players means nothing. Hell I could have played basketball in high school against those players does that make it a good match up? no

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:31 AM
you know the answer :laugh2:
I guess I shouldn't have asked...

It just amazes me how people from my area (NJ) always talk about Gilchrist and Kyrie being from NJ but probably didnt know so until draft night. St. Pats is a major school in NJ, similar to Bosco, if you follow sports you follow these up and coming kids, especially if you live in this state.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:34 AM

It just amazes me how people from my area (NJ) always talk about Gilchrist and Kyrie being from NJ but probably didnt know so until draft night. St. Pats is a major school in NJ, similar to Bosco, if you follow sports you follow these up and coming kids, especially if you live in this state.

St Pats isnt even a school anymore. And Don Bosco never created any top athletes in any profession. Blair Academy if anything is the best school in NJ.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 02:34 AM

St. Pats is one of, if not the best high school basketball team, they get the advantage of recruiting though.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Because all I care about is the big leagues, I dont want to see Kyrie and Mike go against high school kids who suck at basketball, that isnt entertaning to me. I like the big leagues, thats why I only watch professional sports and college. What a player does against other high school basketball players means nothing. Hell I could have played basketball in high school against those players does that make it a good match up? no

What are you even saying? "You only care about the major sports" These kids play at an elite level in high school, they play against the best of the best, future NBA players/college players. Its not like its a cakewalk?

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:36 AM
St. Pats is one of, if not the best high school basketball team, they get the advantage of recruiting though.

OHHH KA HILLA = Oak Hill Academy

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:38 AM

While I agree they're up there, I think Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker think differently, or KD and Melo.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 02:38 AM
And for you geniuses , its MKG not MGK?

:hi5: Micheal Kidd-Gilgricst. I probably buthcered that one too lol

bigsams50
07-27-2012, 02:40 AM
He will be a better version of Marcus Camby imo. A franchise big, with insane D

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Hahahaha Gilchrist*

And actually if you are ever interested in why he changed his name to Kidd-Gilchrist instead of just Gilchrist its actually an amazing story.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 02:43 AM
I can see Davis being a very solid player but no he's nowhere near the conversation of a Duncan. He has all the defensive potential in the world but how could you forget a out Timmy's whole offensive arsenal.

bearadonisdna
The could have put in Taj Gibson.

KniCks4LiFe

I just call him Kidd-Gil.:laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
Hahahaha Gilchrist*

And actually if you are ever interested in why he changed his name to Kidd-Gilchrist instead of just Gilchrist its actually an amazing story.

Make a thread :)

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 02:45 AM
I just call him Kidd-Gil.:laugh2:

Haha I just seen him play and love what I see. Hope he pans out and puts that motor to good use. Kid goes hard every play and definitely very interesting.

Can't wait for the season :clap:

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Make a thread :)

http://www.coachcal.com/5620/2011/07/michael-kidd-gilchrist-playing-for-a-lot-more-than-the-name-on-his-jersey/

If a few like it maybe I will. But I'm lazy at the moment.

Heres one article on it, its a great read.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Anyways I think a lot of these lottery picks will be busts not just Davis. Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson aswell.

KniCks4LiFe
07-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Haha I just seen him play and love what I see. Hope he pans out and puts that motor to good use. Kid goes hard every play and definitely very interesting.

Can't wait for the season :clap:

well once Jason retires and judging by his drunk bumper cars fetish, I'd say it's coming very soon, we can call MKG, Kidd.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 02:51 AM
well once Jason retires and judging by his drunk bumper cars fetish, I'd say it's coming very soon, we can call MKG, Kidd.

Please dont disrespect Jason Kidd like that

KniCks4LiFe
07-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Please dont disrespect Jason Kidd like that

please, Kidd disrespected himself once he decided to play chasing poles at night.

Jtirado16
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Anyways I think a lot of these lottery picks will be busts not just Davis. Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson aswell.

Maybe Waiters, but sure as hell not Davis, and i think Thomas will be a nice player

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 02:55 AM
:laugh2:

Losoway
07-27-2012, 02:56 AM
in b4 close

Ps. i agree

KniCks4LiFe
07-27-2012, 03:01 AM
If I wanted to disrespect Jason Kidd I'd say.

Last night my little nephew was w/ his friends playing some game where you blindfold yourself, then spin around like 12 times w/ a flashlight in your hand and run into a wall at full speed. It's called Kidd n' Run.

STL Don
07-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Did you not see the way he dominated on the best team in the country in college?
He took over all season and in the final game of the year to lead his team to a national title.
He deserves all the hype.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Quick question, what if he averages around 3blocks a game for his rookie year?

loublue22
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I understand people just want to be able to look back and say "I called it!", but Davis has ALL the tools, both physically and mentally. He deserves every bit of hype, he earned it on the court.

King41
07-27-2012, 05:42 AM
little bit overrated and overhyped

GoferKing_
07-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Hahah, dude has nothing except for size, no post moves, no jumper, nothing, TD had mad skill coming out in the draft. It is sad that those young kids are so raw these days.

loublue22
07-27-2012, 06:34 AM
no post moves, no jumper, nothing

I mean, do you even watch basketball?

episodenone
07-27-2012, 06:42 AM

thank you for your well thought out thesis.

of course - it will take some time to review your arguments and fact check this article before we can all offer our own opinions.

what were your first 15 posts like? i'd love to read them all too - but I fear there will never be enough hours in the day to contemplate such wordsmithing.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 06:47 AM
He will be a top 10 player

Southsideheat
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
here's an idea, why don't we let the guy play maybe 1 or 2 games, then we'll decide if he's overrated? I know for you guys can't wait any more than that to make judgements on players.

D-Leethal
07-27-2012, 10:30 AM
No way. This dude is the best talent out the draft since Durant. Best big since Dwight. He will be a top 10 NBA player no doubt and maybe top 5. He has a scary scary skillset.

Also, just look at what Bynum and Dwight looked like when they were 19. AD is gonna be jacked deez in a few years.

D-Leethal
07-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Can anyone give reasons why he is overhyped outside of the famous NBA forum one-liners with nothing to back it up?

Tymathee
07-27-2012, 10:32 AM
why can't anthony davis just be anthony davis? he's more focused on defense than offense and i doubt he's ever as good offensively as Dunca, who stayed in school for 4 years, not 1, wasy more polished when he came out.

He'll be a more athletic marcus camby, a skinnier dikembe mutombo.

BobbyHillSwag
07-27-2012, 10:34 AM
he'll be better than chris paul but worse than melo

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 10:36 AM

chris paul is better than melo.

da ThRONe
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM

It's funny you would use those two names I always think about both those players when trying to gauge Davis' impact. I think he's better rim protector than Thomas, but he's not as skilled as Randolph offensively. Being a fan of LSU I don't know if people realize how offensively gifted Randolph is and yet he still isn't a dominate scorer in the NBA. I just don't see Davis being a big time scoring threat at the next level.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyone even forming an opinion they feel comfortable sticking with without watching him for a good portion of NBA games is jumping the gun. We have no idea what he will be. Let him play half a season before we go prediction he is the next _________.

D-Leethal
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
It's funny you would use those two names I always think about both those players when trying to gauge Davis' impact. I think he's better rim protector than Thomas, but he's not as skilled as Randolph offensively. Being a fan of LSU I don't know if people realize how offensively gifted Randolph is and yet he still isn't a dominate scorer in the NBA. I just don't see Davis being a big time scoring threat at the next level.

Mix Tyrus and Randolph, give them better jump shot and the one thing they are missing - a brain, and you have a perennial all-star borderline superstar.

A brain is the only thing that held those 2 guys back from being studs. AD has more offensive skills than both combined and more IQ than both combined, and an unselfish humble attitude that neither possess.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2012, 10:57 AM

You have that backwards bro.

Chill_Will_24
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I see his hype as justifiable. In watching USA games, Davis is turning players away from the paint. In other words his presence and defense puts fear in teams driving the lane. That alone makes him a great player to have. I am not even factoring in his offensive skills. Just his sheer defensive prowess.

Chill_Will_24
07-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Tim Duncan is a very high comparison. I have always preferred the Kevin Garnet comparisons myself.

da ThRONe
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Mix Tyrus and Randolph, give them better jump shot and the one thing they are missing - a brain, and you have a perennial all-star borderline superstar.

A brain is the only thing that held those 2 guys back from being studs. AD has more offensive skills than both combined and more IQ than both combined, and an unselfish humble attitude that neither possess.

I can't disagree with you strongly enough if you think he has more offensive skills than Randolph. Davis has a real nice jumper, but I saw nothing at Kentucky that makes me think he'll be able to create his own shot consistently as a pro.

I think basketball IQ is some what overated for guys who don't control the ball much. The less you control the ball the more it's about size, athleticism, skill, and length. Davis is crazy in 3 of those 4 but the most important one skill on offense IMO he's lacking and I don't feel skill is something you can just learn. I think much like phyiscal gifts you either have the ability to perform at a extremely high level or not.

Raf609
07-27-2012, 11:20 AM
I see him as a Stromile Swift/Hakim Warrick type

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't disagree with you strongly enough if you think he has more offensive skills than Randolph. Davis has a real nice jumper, but I saw nothing at Kentucky that makes me think he'll be able to create his own shot consistently as a pro.

I think basketball IQ is some what overated for guys who don't control the ball much. The less you control the ball the more it's about size, athleticism, skill, and length. Davis is crazy in 3 of those 4 but the most important one skill on offense IMO he's lacking and I don't feel skill is something you can just learn. I think much like phyiscal gifts you either have the ability to perform at a extremely high level or not.

LOL

OK.

1) Randolph has skills, he just isn't capable of employing those skills against actual players. So as far as that goes, it doesn't matter how good Randolph is in workouts and practice, because he has never shown he can do it against another team.

2) Basketball IQ is important for everyone. It covers everything from being able to read where a shot is coming off of the rim to a player knowing what their role is when they come off the bench.

3) I really hope you're kid, if you ever have them, doesn't play sports. You don't think you can learn skills or physical gifts? You think Ray Allen was just born with that jumper? You don't think Dwight Howard had to work his *** off to get that physique?

TL;DR-- da Throne thinks that everything in life is handed to you and you dont have to work for anything.

BobbyHillSwag
07-27-2012, 11:59 AM
the only thing overrated about davis is how ugly he is

nyKnicks126
07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
How can a player be OVERRATED or UNDERRATED if they haven't even played one game in the NBA. :facepalm:

This thread /

TeamSeattle
07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I see him as a Stromile Swift/Hakim Warrick type

Honestly I was thinking the same thing lol

Jint.
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Davis = Camby

TO to the CHI
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM

There is nothing that should make a New Orleans fan feel better than knowing that DoMeFavors think that Davis won't live up to the hype. The next time DMF is correct will be the first.

In fact, that settles it: Davis will be a hall of famer.

Has Favors done you yet?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
What I've learned from this is that not one person here knows what Anthony Davis is going to become. Why not let him be the first Anthony Davis, rather then the next Duncan,Swift,Camby,Warrick,Montana,Elway.

The kid has athleticism and a lot of talent, let him mold his own future.

RLundi
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Would you prefer him to be sexy?

Mr_Jones
07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Would you prefer him to be sexy?

Yes

MintBerryCrunch
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Everyone hatin' on The Brow...

This kid's gonna be great

eternal slumber
07-27-2012, 01:07 PM

does how he looks even matter?

Cromedome
07-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Anthony Davis is better than Kevin Love.

Done.

Gritz
07-27-2012, 01:12 PM
One thing we do know is, he's already a top 5 ugly player

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 01:15 PM
The only thing I will say is that I am happy, extremely happy to have Anthony Davis as a Hornet

Hawkeye15
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
The only thing I will say is that I am happy, extremely happy to have Anthony Davis as a Hornet

seriously, this. I mean, I don't get why some of you are fighting over how good a guy will be when he hasn't played yet. Does he look like a great prospect? Yes. So have lots of players who have floundered in the NBA. Time will tell.

29$JerZ
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Underrated when no one talks about you, overrated when everyone talks about you.
That's why I hate those two terms. Pretty useless.

Jamiecballer
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM

that's crazy.... he's more Bill Russell

seikou8
07-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Anthony Davis is better than Kevin Love.

Done.

soory if he better than 26 and 14 and a better three point shooter i will be :speechless:

da ThRONe
07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
LOL

OK.

1) Randolph has skills, he just isn't capable of employing those skills against actual players. So as far as that goes, it doesn't matter how good Randolph is in workouts and practice, because he has never shown he can do it against another team.

2) Basketball IQ is important for everyone. It covers everything from being able to read where a shot is coming off of the rim to a player knowing what their role is when they come off the bench.

3) I really hope you're kid, if you ever have them, doesn't play sports. You don't think you can learn skills or physical gifts? You think Ray Allen was just born with that jumper? You don't think Dwight Howard had to work his *** off to get that physique?

TL;DR-- da Throne thinks that everything in life is handed to you and you dont have to work for anything.

1 My point is at this stage of both careers I've seen Randolph exhibit way more skills in college offensively. Its hard for me to believe Davis possess the skills necessary to be a legit threat at an extremely higher level of competition.

2 I'm not saying IQ is unimportant. Just that the level of importance is much higher for guys who are expected to be run the team. IQ is always a plus.

3 As far as skills my point is much like physical abilities they can only be fine tuned so much. For example Dwight can live with The Dream study his every move all day every day and he'll never be as affective as him. Just like Hakeem will never be able to jump as high as Dwight regardless how much work he does to his body.

seikou8
07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
davis=goat

doc23
07-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Davis will prove that he is not ready for NBA games

alexander_37
07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
People thought Okafor and Kwame Brown were going to be sure fire all-stars. Also John wall was the next great PG.

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 03:41 PM
1 My point is at this stage of both careers I've seen Randolph exhibit way more skills in college offensively. Its hard for me to believe Davis possess the skills necessary to be a legit threat at an extremely higher level of competition.

2 I'm not saying IQ is unimportant. Just that the level of importance is much higher for guys who are expected to be run the team. IQ is always a plus.

3 As far as skills my point is much like physical abilities they can only be fine tuned so much. For example Dwight can live with The Dream study his every move all day every day and he'll never be as affective as him. Just like Hakeem will never be able to jump as high as Dwight regardless how much work he does to his body.

I can live with your IQ debate. But...

1) Have Randolph's "skills" translated to the NBA? The answer is no. He may have better handle and agility than most people his size, but when he is asked to play PF/C it doesnt matter because those skills arent necessary to that position. Randolph needed to stay in college to work on his game longer and wasn't in the spotlight like Davis. Anthony Davis plays like a big man, especially on defense, unlike Randolph.

3) You could make the case that he could be more affective than the Dream was because of his physical tools combined with whatever skills he was able to absorb during training.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
People thought Okafor and Kwame Brown were going to be sure fire all-stars. Also John wall was the next great PG.

What makes you think Wall isnt?

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Davis will prove that he is not ready for NBA games

I forgot anyone was saying that he was... but i think after a year, he'll be fine and he also has been improving his muscle and weight....

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM

No J. High TO rate. Only plays at one pace...Shall I go on?

Hawkeye15
07-27-2012, 04:59 PM

Wall has a LOT to improve on before we call him a great PG. Hell, he has a lot to improve on before we call him a good PG. I think he will, but the dude's a little ways off. His development has not been good, probably because of the turmoil in Washington over the past couple of years.

ChicagooooBulls
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
he's the greatest of all time. you heard it here first

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Wall has a LOT to improve on before we call him a great PG. Hell, he has a lot to improve on before we call him a good PG. I think he will, but the dude's a little ways off. His development has not been good, probably because of the turmoil in Washington over the past couple of years.

I think the new squad will boost his development, I mean lets be real here, his team was beyond horrendous, he is a monster athletically, and still very young, I think he can still be a top 5 point guard within 2 years.

alexander_37
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM

He is just coming about really slowly was my point. People thought he would be a plug and play all star.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 05:32 PM
He is just coming about really slowly was my point. People thought he would be a plug and play all star.

I guess but I give him credit, the Wizards were almost as bad as the Bobcats

Hawkeye15
07-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I think the new squad will boost his development, I mean lets be real here, his team was beyond horrendous, he is a monster athletically, and still very young, I think he can still be a top 5 point guard within 2 years.

There is a lot more to basketball then athletic ability. I don't have the same faith Wall becomes a top 5 PG in the point guard heavy NBA. He has made almost zero individual strides. Still turns it over a ton, can't shoot a lick, plays out of control. I am hoping the kid gets in a situation where he can develop, but he just appears to be happy living off his speed so far.

Vinny642
07-27-2012, 05:34 PM
There is a lot more to basketball then athletic ability. I don't have the same faith Wall becomes a top 5 PG in the point guard heavy NBA. He has made almost zero individual strides. Still turns it over a ton, can't shoot a lick, plays out of control. I am hoping the kid gets in a situation where he can develop, but he just appears to be happy living off his speed so far.

The Kwame Brown of the PG position?

da ThRONe
07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Not to derail the thread, but I was never onboard the Wall hype. I thought Cousins was a way better prospect. I think with him and similarly to Davis many people fans, analyst, and evaluators see physical specimens that exhibit one or two skills at an insanely high level and just assume the rest will follow.

BrickCity
07-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Davis is getting way too much hyped, kid is very overrated. But only time will tell

c.c.
07-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Another Kwame Brown

faridk89
07-28-2012, 04:53 AM
cool story bro

loublue22
07-29-2012, 07:15 AM
anyone questioning his skillset hasn't watched him play and is relying only on highlights

he DOES have post moves, he can put it on the floor, his jumper is good, his hands are amazing, and he's only 19 and has only been this tall for like 2 years. He certainly won't be dominant right away offensively, but if you can't see that he has what it takes to develop into a Duncan or KG type player, then I don't know what to tell you.

watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYW5WuZt7Qo

tredigs
07-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I'l say that from what I can see his future depends on how bad he wants it. He's not a complete player yet by any means (weak post moves, underdeveloped frame. But at least he's open to an outside shot - that's a big threat); I see anywhere from Camby to Wilt-Lite in this kid if he puts it all out there. He's one of those special talents for sure.

Utd7
07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I can't figure out how Davis will pan out. I think he'll either turn out into a bust or a really top of the line player. I don't think there will be a middle ground.

da ThRONe
07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
anyone questioning his skillset hasn't watched him play and is relying only on highlights

he DOES have post moves, he can put it on the floor, his jumper is good, his hands are amazing, and he's only 19 and has only been this tall for like 2 years. He certainly won't be dominant right away offensively, but if you can't see that he has what it takes to develop into a Duncan or KG type player, then I don't know what to tell you.

watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYW5WuZt7Qo

Don't you think it's kind of counter productive to say anybody that question his offensive skills watch too many highlights then use a highlight video to try and prove your point?

@:42 I see him struggle to beat a much slower defender and trip on the drive and fall with hardly any contact. His ball handing along the perimeter was Shaky. @1:14 The behind the back dribble was slow and non effective. Then @3:01 he has the ball poked away. Even @3:09 when he has a wide open lane to the basket he doesn't explode to the basket. The only thing that I saw in that video was promising for Davis being able to create his own shot is the jump hook.

Tom Stone
07-29-2012, 12:16 PM

That is exactly what he is........he's a taller Tyrus Thomas with a better attitude..............kid has a long way to go.....I'm still shocked people were comparing him to Tim Duncan.......their games couldn't be more different......The biggest upside for him is he's only 19........Time will tell how his learning curve is.

da ThRONe
07-29-2012, 12:47 PM
That is exactly what he is........he's a taller Tyrus Thomas with a better attitude..............kid has a long way to go.....I'm still shocked people were comparing him to Tim Duncan.......their games couldn't be more different......The biggest upside for him is he's only 19........Time will tell how his learning curve is.

He has a higher motor, better jump shot, and his timing/range on blocks are noticeably better. However he's a weaker post defender and is exactly behind Thomas at creating his own shot at the same age.

BlinkManJan02
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I really just wish he would get rid of that unibrow. This sounds childish but it's hard to take him serious. God

FriedTofuz
07-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Can anthony davis just go get his unibrow treated? Go to a salon and get that stuff waxed. The wordl wont judge you for doing it anthony davis, it needs to be done LOL.

Alayla
07-29-2012, 04:58 PM
How is this thread worthy ofc he is

Vinny642
07-29-2012, 05:03 PM
How is this thread worthy ofc he is

Nice reasoning :)