PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls and Clips never true big spenders

waveycrockett
07-27-2012, 12:15 AM
There are seven NBA teams that have never had a luxury tax payment since it came into existence with the 1999 collective bargaining agreement.

The Bulls, Warriors, Clippers, Wizards, Bobcats, Hornets and Sonics/Thunder have always been on the receiving end of tax distributions.

While the Clippers, Wizards and Hornets have taken on salary during the 2012 offseason and the Thunder face tax issues if James Harden and Serge Ibaka are signed to new deals, the Bulls and Warriors continue to be tax conscious in their decision-making.

Golden State has just one playoff appearance over that stretch.

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/222642/Warriors_Bulls_Clippers_Wizards_Bobcats_Hornets_So nics/Thunder_Have_Never_Paid_Luxury_Tax#ixzz21nDsudS3

Kind of crazy teams like LAL, DAL, MIAMI, NYK, BKN, ORL have no shown they will spend what it takes to get over the hump these two clubs wont do it. Big mistake especially for Clips. Dont think CP3 doesn't realize this.

Chronz
07-27-2012, 12:26 AM
You know sometimes being frugal is in the best interest of the franchise. Clips will spend to keep a good core and they would have done so in the past if players didnt force their way out or outright betray us.

Sterling wants to win before he croaks out so Im not worried. They have shown CP3 the willingness to sign anyone and everyone he recruits.

Kyben36
07-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Kind of crazy teams like LAL, DAL, MIAMI, NYK, BKN, ORL have no shown they will spend what it takes to get over the hump these two clubs wont do it. Big mistake especially for Clips. Dont think CP3 doesn't realize this.

The bulls havnt needed to do it, and they are smart for not doing it, look at how stupid the Knicks looked when they signed all those guys like Eddie curry and zack randolph years ago, didnt get them over the "hump" With the soon to be lux tax penelty increase, the bulls will look smart.

Why should the bulls have to pay luxury tax when they are already the best team in the league 2 years in a row. yes they need to improve but to say that we havnt beaten the hump, what do you want us to do, pay a bunch of guys MLE like we could and go slightly over???

Losoway
07-27-2012, 12:47 AM
confusing thread

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2012, 12:48 AM

Orlando has shown there spenders....Howard says otherwise never seen em get over the hump either

Clippers have made good moves they have a bench thats better then some teams every team wishes they had depth everywhere

Well i guess besides center

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-27-2012, 12:58 AM
The bulls havnt needed to do it, and they are smart for not doing it, look at how stupid the Knicks looked when they signed all those guys like Eddie curry and zack randolph years ago, didnt get them over the "hump" With the soon to be lux tax penelty increase, the bulls will look smart.

Why should the bulls have to pay luxury tax when they are already the best team in the league 2 years in a row. yes they need to improve but to say that we havnt beaten the hump, what do you want us to do, pay a bunch of guys MLE like we could and go slightly over???

How have they not needed to do it? Have they won a championship, or even a conference championship?

Bulls obviously need to do it if their intent is to win rings.

Sinestro
07-27-2012, 01:00 AM
IMO the Bulls haven't had too many reasons to pay the lux tax, the past 2 years have been our only 2 contending years since 99 and no talent has needed us to pay lux tax in order to secure the title

waveycrockett
07-27-2012, 01:00 AM
You know sometimes being frugal is in the best interest of the franchise. Clips will spend to keep a good core and they would have done so in the past if players didnt force their way out or outright betray us.

Sterling wants to win before he croaks out so Im not worried. They have shown CP3 the willingness to sign anyone and everyone he recruits.

Spending to have a good team is one thing and spending to have a championship caliber team is another.

Yea they will spend to KEEP themselves competitive but will they spend whatever necessary like these other teams like LAL or Miami to put them over the hump? I dont think so and once they get CP3 and are a perennial team and making money whose to say Sterling wont be satisfied with that? I think CP3 realizes it.

Sinestro
07-27-2012, 01:01 AM
How have they not needed to do it? Have they won a championship, or even a conference championship?

This year would have been the only good year but with Rose out this year is a big question mark no need to pay extra money however, if Rose was 100% J.R. would have a lot of angry fans to answer to for not going over

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-27-2012, 01:03 AM
This year would have been the only good year but with Rose out this year is a big question mark no need to pay extra money however, if Rose was 100% J.R. would have a lot of angry fans to answer to for not going over

Well, yea i agree. This year there's no point in being big money ballers, but when the Heat got the big 3, the Bulls should have done SOMETHING to improve their team before the trade deadline. Everyone and their mother knows what the Bulls needed, but they never made it happen.

mdm692
07-27-2012, 01:13 AM
And thats why all those teams have been irrelevant for the past decade or so.

Gritz
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM

you wrote this as if the clippers have had several good teams or something

waveycrockett
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Orlando has shown there spenders....Howard says otherwise never seen em get over the hump either

Clippers have made good moves they have a bench thats better then some teams every team wishes they had depth everywhere

Well i guess besides center

Howards issue with ORL has always been about his relationship with FO and GM Otis Smith not consulting him on moves NOT with the money they spend. And they've at least mad a final and a few ECF appearances

waveycrockett
07-27-2012, 01:15 AM

I'm not sure what NBA you've been watching bro but they've not come close to hoisting the trophy. They need a SG they have an MLE and they have a big market. Players worth more than the MLE would take a discount for it to play there if the BUlls wanted that.

mRc08
07-27-2012, 01:19 AM
J.R. has always stated he would pay the luxury if it made a significant impact in terms of us winning a title. Like others have said, since jordan the bulls haven't really needed to go into the luxury because we were never contenders. And with the new CBA, the luxury rate increases each consecutive year you are in it. so if the bulls want to go out and get good players after rose is healthy again, say 2,3,4 years down the road, it wouldn't make sense to start the consecutive years this year when we really are underdogs. The only time I would say we should have spent it was when the big three assembled, but then again, what players could we have signed that would have been eligible to fall under the luxury? No one of significance. Bulls should sit tight, get rose back, and then start going into the luxury the upcoming few years.

Anything else would be reckless spending trying to please uneducated bulls fans.

Laker Legend42
07-27-2012, 01:20 AM

The first players the clippers paid to keep was Elton brand and corey maggette. Over the years sterling hasn't paid anyone, coaches as well. Then he benefits fron the cba. Most guys didnt force their way out. Most were just allowed to leave.i also think the reason he won't leave staples is because if he does he will be expected to win.

Sinestro
07-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Well, yea i agree. This year there's no point in being big money ballers, but when the Heat got the big 3, the Bulls should have done SOMETHING to improve their team before the trade deadline. Everyone and their mother knows what the Bulls needed, but they never made it happen.

Well I really don't know who the Bulls could have gotten? Melo cost us both Deng and Melo and we would still have the hole at SG and one at C to boot unless Asik found a way to start fouling and learned how to catch the ball. Dwight doesn't want Chicago, imo the Bulls have a decent plan. They have Mirotic coming over in 2 years or so who looks very promising and cap space in 2-3 years along with the Bobcat pick which I think will at worst be a lottery pick. I do agree though the Bulls have to show they are willing to spend to win titles and I only hope J.R. shows he is willing to

stlbest5in2013
07-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Well I really don't know who the Bulls could have gotten? Melo cost us both Deng and Melo and we would still have the hole at SG and one at C to boot unless Asik found a way to start fouling and learned how to catch the ball. Dwight doesn't want Chicago, imo the Bulls have a decent plan. They have Mirotic coming over in 2 years or so who looks very promising and cap space in 2-3 years along with the Bobcat pick which I think will at worst be a lottery pick. I do agree though the Bulls have to show they are willing to spend to win titles and I only hope J.R. shows he is willing to

Deng and Melo for Melo and Asik needs to start fouling, gotcha.

waveycrockett
07-27-2012, 02:20 AM

Honestly Bulls should have rolled the dice with Howard. A superstar PG, a winning team and a BIG market. I would have DARED him to leave. It's not like the Rockets situation AT ALL.

Dade County
07-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Honestly Bulls should have rolled the dice with Howard. A superstar PG, a winning team and a BIG market. I would have DARED him to leave. It's not like the Rockets situation AT ALL.

Blame Adidas...

They players association needs to take a step back ... The league should have a Hard Cap.

Just because an owner wants to spend more, that changes the playing field. Some people want no cap so teams can pay their players/free agents whatever.

Here you go Lbj 100million, please don't leave us...

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM

I'm not even talking about getting a superstar or even an all star. Something simple like getting OJ Mayo would of helped a lot. A combo guard that can handle and shoot a little would be perfect.

The approach the Bulls took this summer is understandable because of the circumstances. They got younger and economical, but i would argue against the fact they got better.

I would applaud them if they can somehow get rid of Boozer and get picks/young players, but that contract is atrocious. The only way is if they can package him with someone worth something. There best bet to win a championship is to rebuild a little. Free up some contracts and be a buyer in one of the upcoming free agencies.

sunsfan88
07-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Chicago is a cheap sports city in general. The Bears refused to pay Matt Forte and then finally signed him to a cheap *** contract when he was their best player....BY FAR!

As for the Bulls, aren't they the same team that keeps low balling their HC who's regarded by some as one of the best HCs in the NBA?

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm not even talking about getting a superstar or even an all star. Something simple like getting OJ Mayo would of helped a lot. A combo guard that can handle and shoot a little would be perfect.

The approach the Bulls took this summer is understandable because of the circumstances. They got younger and economical, but i would argue against the fact they got better.

I would applaud them if they can somehow get rid of Boozer and get picks/young players, but that contract is atrocious. The only way is if they can package him with someone worth something. There best bet to win a championship is to rebuild a little. Free up some contracts and be a buyer in one of the upcoming free agencies.
oj mayo got 4.5mil per year. lol

and its hard to see the owner pay boozer to play for someone else. They gonna have to trade him i think.

king4day
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
This will change for the Clips soon. I also think once Rose is healthy again that the Bulls too will do the same.

Heatcheck
07-27-2012, 09:04 AM

Sterling is known for being a cheap *** who wouldnt resign talent to remain more profitable, this is common knowledge, Si wrote a piece, it had its own segment on sportscenter, and he's been like that for 20 yrs.

When all this chirs paul **** happened, i was in f#@%$@! shock.

Plus he treats them like cattle, there was that time he walked into the shower with 2 girls and told them "look at these fine specimens". Creepy old white man (borderline racist) at its finest.

JordansBulls
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Agreed

effen5
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM

You don't think the Bulls were after OJ Mayo? Apparently he didn't want to come here. He didn't even give the Bulls a chance to talk to him, he just went ahead and signed with Dallas after talking to Cuban. It is what it is.

And if we were to go over the luxury tax, it better be for a player thats worth it. I don't want to PAY ANYBODY just for the sake of it. Thats why I hate when people say we should have done something just to do something. Sometimes staying pat is the best move. Especially this year with Rose's injury.

effen5
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM

and how do we replace those players if Dwight leaves?

D12 would easily have cost us Noah, Taj, Deng, and a variety of draft picks.

If D12 does leave, how do we replace all those players? Those players (Noah, Deng, Taj) are extremely hard to find.

Not to mention we wouldn't have any draft picks either to replace them with.

WackoMacko
07-27-2012, 12:00 PM
And thats why all those teams have been irrelevant for the past decade or so.

Yeah the Bulls have been irrelevant for the past two seasons with the number 1 seed...

effen5
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah the Bulls have been irrelevant for the past two seasons with the number 1 seed...

And the Knicks were relevant the last decade and a half....oh wait

WackoMacko
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Chicago is a cheap sports city in general. The Bears refused to pay Matt Forte and then finally signed him to a cheap *** contract when he was their best player....BY FAR!

As for the Bulls, aren't they the same team that keeps low balling their HC who's regarded by some as one of the best HCs in the NBA?

The bulls have overpaid players on their current team. All people do in Bulls threads is complain about Boozer. They are spending something like 57 million on four players alone... Yes I agree they should pay Thibs though.

With that said that is about the only thing I agree with you on. The bears were hesitant to pay Forte because he had a big injury on his legs..Knee if im not mistaken.. I would worry about spending that much money on a running back too. I think that they sent him a good amount of money and a fair amount too ( obviously if he signed it he thought it was fair ). But the thing is he was the best player on offense last year and he deserved every cent of what they paid him. But that does not translate into this year where the have plenty of weapons for Cutler. Even a good back up running back to Forte.

Got a little off topic there but I see The Bulls going into the luxury tax next year. If they dont next year then the year after for sure.

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Blame Adidas...

They players association needs to take a step back ... The league should have a Hard Cap.

Just because an owner wants to spend more, that changes the playing field. Some people want no cap so teams can pay their players/free agents whatever.

It's not like other owners don't have the option of doing this though. I can;t stand small market fans *****ing about owners that spend. If your owner cared about winning, he would do it too, complain to him.

Winning brings in money, unfortunately you have to spend the money and have faith that your spending will show itself through wins. If it does, then fans will come and you will be profitable. Then the owners have no excuse for not spending. It's not rocket science.

RLundi
07-27-2012, 12:42 PM
The fact that the Bulls have managed to remain competitive while not overspending demonstrates how well-run they are. Kudos to Chicago management.

The Clippers on the other hand ...

Shmontaine
07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
It's not like other owners don't have the option of doing this though. I can;t stand small market fans *****ing about owners that spend. If your owner cared about winning, he would do it too, complain to him.

Winning brings in money, unfortunately you have to spend the money and have faith that your spending will show itself through wins. If it does, then fans will come and you will be profitable. Then the owners have no excuse for not spending. It's not rocket science.

Bulls have been the most profitable team over the last decade, maybe #2 behind LA. Chicago has the best attendance in the league over the last decade, all while not being in the tax... being in the lux doesn't equate to wanting to win more... it may equal a few more regular season wins, but rarely does it equate to more championships...

CubbySwag313
07-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Im a big time Bulls fan BUT.... The Bulls have always been cheap....The front office waits for luck to strike ( i e....Jordan, and Rose) then over pay for their "core players" and over pay for crappy free agents ( Wallace and Boozer). Its pathetic and very annoying. Especially since 98.

Then you have these Bulls fans who are blind and think every move the Bulls front office make is a genius one. Its pretty funny. They think the new "bench Mob" will be better than last years bench...Ridiculous

effen5
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Im a big time Bulls fan BUT.... The Bulls have always been cheap....The front office waits for luck to strike ( i e....Jordan, and Rose) then over pay for their "core players" and over pay for crappy free agents ( Wallace and Boozer). Its pathetic and very annoying. Especially since 98.

Then you have these Bulls fans who are blind and think every move the Bulls front office make is a genius one. Its pretty funny. They think the new "bench Mob" will be better than last years bench...Ridiculous

Find me a ****in quote where a Bulls fan has called the FO moves this offseason a genius one.

I'm waiting...

DeyAce
07-27-2012, 02:39 PM

This

sunsfan88
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
The bulls have overpaid players on their current team. All people do in Bulls threads is complain about Boozer. They are spending something like 57 million on four players alone... Yes I agree they should pay Thibs though.

With that said that is about the only thing I agree with you on. The bears were hesitant to pay Forte because he had a big injury on his legs..Knee if im not mistaken.. I would worry about spending that much money on a running back too. I think that they sent him a good amount of money and a fair amount too ( obviously if he signed it he thought it was fair ). But the thing is he was the best player on offense last year and he deserved every cent of what they paid him. But that does not translate into this year where the have plenty of weapons for Cutler. Even a good back up running back to Forte.

Got a little off topic there but I see The Bulls going into the luxury tax next year. If they dont next year then the year after for sure.
Yea but without Forte, the Bears offense won't be that good. Besides, they owe him for playing the last 2 years on crap contracts while putting up great numbers and carrying that sorry team on his back.

And yea Forte finally signed the new deal but that's cause he likes Chicago and the coaches and teammates and he doesn't want the cheap **** Bears FO to come in the way of that. Forte should be getting paid Shady McCoy money easily yet he's making far less.

As for the Bulls, had they gotten OJ Mayo, Nick Young or even Jamal Crawford to be a good 2nd option to Rose, then I would have agreed with you.

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Bulls have been the most profitable team over the last decade, maybe #2 behind LA. Chicago has the best attendance in the league over the last decade, all while not being in the tax... being in the lux doesn't equate to wanting to win more... it may equal a few more regular season wins, but rarely does it equate to more championships...

That's all fine and good, but they have nothing to show for it. My point is that maybe they should go over the tax to put themselves over the hump.

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Yea but without Forte, the Bears offense won't be that good. Besides, they owe him for playing the last 2 years on crap contracts while putting up great numbers and carrying that sorry team on his back.

And yea Forte finally signed the new deal but that's cause he likes Chicago and the coaches and teammates and he doesn't want the cheap **** Bears FO to come in the way of that. Forte should be getting paid Shady McCoy money easily yet he's making far less.

As for the Bulls, had they gotten OJ Mayo, Nick Young or even Jamal Crawford to be a good 2nd option to Rose, then I would have agreed with you.

Problem is, this year they would be the first option. And then chemistry becomes an issue wonce Rose comes back.

DeyAce
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
That's all fine and good, but they have nothing to show for it. My point is that maybe they should go over the tax to put themselves over the hump.

Couldn't agree more

effen5
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Last year we won because of Cutler, everything fell apart when Cutler got hurt. I understand Forte is important to our offense but he will be less important this year because of our additions. Thats why the FO didn't think he was worth what he was worth because of our new additions.

Michael Bush is a big upgrade over Chester Taylor and Marion Barber
Brandon Marshall is one of the best receivers in the league.

I mean those two pick ups alone gives us more options then we did in the past.

effen5
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM

For WHO? Thats my question....OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, and Nick Young wouldn't put us over the hump so why go over the tax if they won't help us get over the hump.

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
For WHO? Thats my question....OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, and Nick Young wouldn't put us over the hump so why go over the tax if they won't help us get over the hump.

To me, thats like saying if we cant improve enough why even try.

The current bulls team is not getting to the finals imo, and i dont see how hey will have money to offer a large contract for a FA anytime soon. Unless the goal is to chase a FA in 2015.

DaBear
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM

Yet Chicago sports teams usually find more success than Phoenix. I guess not giving in to every players demands goes a long way.

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM

How can you say that? They are all significant upgrades over what they have been working with over the past few years. If they dont get you over the hump then at least you tried and there is always next year. But I guess without Rose the Bulls might as well just tank this season.

BcEuAbRsS
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
How the **** are the Bears cheap? Cutler, Peppers, Marshall have all been added in the past four seasons... Those guys aren't cheap...

As for the Bulls, Reinsdorf runs it like a buisness. Sadly its not a hobby for him...

Cracka2HI!
07-27-2012, 05:22 PM
LOL, what kind of thread is this? Uh-oh Clipper fans we have never been in the tax, pretty much means CP3 is leaving :facepalm:

Chronz
07-27-2012, 05:42 PM

Spending to have a good team is one thing and spending to have a championship caliber team is another.

Yea they will spend to KEEP themselves competitive but will they spend whatever necessary like these other teams like LAL or Miami to put them over the hump? I dont think so and once they get CP3 and are a perennial team and making money whose to say Sterling wont be satisfied with that? I think CP3 realizes it.
Doubtful, he had pursued and over paid whoever CP3 wanted. And there is no reason for him not to spend, if he wants to go back to just making a profit why spend so much money now on middling players?

Chronz
07-27-2012, 05:44 PM

you wrote this as if the clippers have had several good teams or something
I don't know what made you think that. We are talking about spending money and the variables that have prevented it

Chronz
07-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Sterling is known for being a cheap *** who wouldnt resign talent to remain more profitable, this is common knowledge, Si wrote a piece, it had its own segment on sportscenter, and he's been like that for 20 yrs.

When all this chirs paul **** happened, i was in f#@%$@! shock.

Plus he treats them like cattle, there was that time he walked into the shower with 2 girls and told them "look at these fine specimens". Creepy old white man (borderline racist) at its finest.
He used to be like that but hes been willing to shell out the money. I don't know why your shocked, honestly just sounds like you haven't been paying attention the last decade and have gone by rep and what other people tell you

Cracka2HI!
07-27-2012, 10:00 PM
People don't realize how much money Sterling has been spending for about a decade now. Brand got huge money, Maggette got huge money Cuttino Mobley got huge money, Sam Cassell got big money in his twilight. Sure he let a lot of guys go but really who was worth the money they got? Odom? No he was a cancer here and 1 puff of refer from being out of league. Olowakandi? LOL! Mo Taylor? LOL! Andre Miller? Well maybe, but he was garbage his year with the Clippers for some reason. Q-Richardson? Loved him but he got WAY too much money. Same thing for Darius Miles although I think they traded him for Miller? Loy Vaught? Rodney Rogers? Byson Dele? Pooh Richardson? Rick Brunson?

I mean seriously who else besides Brand and Maggette should have been re-up'd? I'll admit the team was run poorly and never had good players. That was Elgin Baylors fault. Guess what when Sterling FINALLY fired him, he got heat for that too. The Clippers have had 3 franchise players. Brand and now Griffin and Paul. 2 of the 3 have gotten max deals. The 3rd inks his in next July. Listen to what players like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin say about the organization. It has changed. I don't think Sterling is a good human being, but at this point he is a pretty good owner to be honest.

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Howards issue with ORL has always been about his relationship with FO and GM Otis Smith not consulting him on moves NOT with the money they spend. And they've at least mad a final and a few ECF appearances

So you think he's not mad because of the team? His team sucks if he had a all star team do you think he'd be mad....doubtful its not the FO as much as the team

Its no players place to have the FO consult them besides lbj n kobe

I bet he will be on the bulls come next year they need to sign harden and howard

Howard
Noah
Deng
Harden
Rose

dc5jdm
07-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Cheap assess always free loading. Man make Ur own revenue

bearadonisdna
07-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Bulls have tried to spend money in the past. FA didnt want to be part of a rebuilding process.
Clips havent been in the tax cuz they havent been good in how long.

Bulls are currently over the tax.

bearadonisdna
07-27-2012, 10:55 PM
To me, thats like saying if we cant improve enough why even try.

The current bulls team is not getting to the finals imo, and i dont see how hey will have money to offer a large contract for a FA anytime soon. Unless the goal is to chase a FA in 2015.

Bulls only have 3 players under contract going into 2014. Thats is how they can sign somebody.

bearadonisdna
07-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Blame Adidas...

Blame adidas for what? Nothing?

Lol:down:
:guns: nikes

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Bulls only have 3 players under contract going into 2014. Thats is how they can sign somebody.

Boozer is due to make 17
noah 12 and rose 18

taj will get paid so we can say 7mil per

you are at 54mil right there and that doesnt include all your cap holds. unless they amnesty boozer which they might i dont see them having room for a max guy. I also think they will have butler on the team for 2mil.

I dont see cheap *** reisndorf paying boozer to play for another team either.

Captain Moroni
07-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Don't see the purpose of this thread.

mdm692
07-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Right I didn't know 2 yrs = a decade :facepalm:

By the way they weren't really in any trouble mainly because Rose was in his rookie deal the first year they were #1 and finally this past season his max contract along with Boozers, Noahs and Dengs all kicked in. Why do you think they got rid of Korver? Why would they let Asik walk? Good bye CJ and Lucas? Get your info straight before you open your mouth bro.

Badluck33
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
there is a difference in spending smart and spending dumb.

NYK is an example of spending dumb.

and I know its in the honeymoon stage but Heat will be at $60M with those 3 players next year.

bearadonisdna
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Boozer is due to make 17
noah 12 and rose 18

taj will get paid so we can say 7mil per

you are at 54mil right there and that doesnt include all your cap holds. unless they amnesty boozer which they might i dont see them having room for a max guy. I also think they will have butler on the team for 2mil.

I dont see cheap *** reisndorf paying boozer to play for another team either.

U just answered your question. Righnt now the bulls hardly have any cap holds. And in 2014 they wont have any of real consequence Luol Deng maybe but he will get picked up. Poof cap hold gone.

Brb.

ackar
07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
This I believe goes for both the clippers and the bulls. to spend into the luxury tax if it does equates to a championship you have to have star players willing to sign there. In recent years that has not been true for both of these clubs.

bearadonisdna
07-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Actually, once the bulls are under cap they can renounce cap holds without consequence. Cap holds would be a non factor.

Cracka2HI!
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
This I believe goes for both the clippers and the bulls. to spend into the luxury tax if it does equates to a championship you have to have star players willing to sign there. In recent years that has not been true for both of these clubs.
Um Chris Paul, opted in for this season at the time the Clippers traded for him. Granted that wasn't a signing but he wanted to be here.

ackar
07-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Um Chris Paul, opted in for this season at the time the Clippers traded for him. Granted that wasn't a signing but he wanted to be here.

So true and Rose signed his extension we are talking FA signings of Star quality or Franchise type guys. Hell look at want Brand did to get to Philly.

mdm692
07-28-2012, 12:01 AM
there is a difference in spending smart and spending dumb.

NYK is an example of spending dumb.

and I know its in the honeymoon stage but Heat will be at $60M with those 3 players next year.

:laugh: I love the sig bro. But yes to an extent you are right.

akagiredsuns
07-28-2012, 12:10 AM

dude calm down arian foster of the Texans is far better than forte and only got paid a million more per than Matt. forte hurt his knee too so that hurt him from getting Chris Johnson type money. take a chill pill please.

bearadonisdna
07-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Oj mayo averaged 12 .6 freakin points last year.

WackoMacko
07-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Right I didn't know 2 yrs = a decade :facepalm:

By the way they weren't really in any trouble mainly because Rose was in his rookie deal the first year they were #1 and finally this past season his max contract along with Boozers, Noahs and Dengs all kicked in. Why do you think they got rid of Korver? Why would they let Asik walk? Good bye CJ and Lucas? Get your info straight before you open your mouth bro.

they made the play offs 7 out of 10 years soo yeah, also they have over spent on multiple players. Maybe you should look up your facts..bro

THE MTL
07-28-2012, 03:00 PM
The clippers have sucked forever so there is no reason for them to have ever paid the tax. But as for the bulls i think thats says something about the organization. Chi has a huge market, good basketball city, and 3rd largest city in the united states and to have never paid tax is not a good look. It shows how willing they would go in order to win.

bearadonisdna
07-28-2012, 03:58 PM
The clippers have sucked forever so there is no reason for them to have ever paid the tax. But as for the bulls i think thats says something about the organization. Chi has a huge market, good basketball city, and 3rd largest city in the united states and to have never paid tax is not a good look. It shows how willing they would go in order to win.

Its hard to be over the tax when the only guys who wants to help you rebuild is Ron Mercer.

Mediocre teams dont cost a lot of money.

bearadonisdna
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Being over the tax while fielding sub middle tier garbage just make u look dumb, not desire to win.

thekmp211
07-28-2012, 04:02 PM
won't knock the bulls here. they tried to rebuild through the draft quite a bit, and failed for a variety of reasons.

clips on the other hand, no excuse. but sterling has been a well known miser for quite some time now.

NYsFinest
07-28-2012, 04:26 PM

Knicks didn't luck into Derrick Rose...

jp611
07-28-2012, 04:48 PM
See my sig for thoughts on Jerry Reinsdorf

tr3ymill3r
07-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Who would you have wanted the Bulls to throw big money at this off season? Deron Williams with Rose? Or try and trade for D12? It's not just about spending money to make a move or get over the hump, it's spending the money the right way.

DoMeFavors
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Bulls will never win a championship again with the cheap owner and management they have. Its a shame Rose will never win a championship for Chicago. I have a feeling he will leave once this deal expires.

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Bulls will never win a championship again with the cheap owner and management they have. Its a shame Rose will never win a championship for Chicago. I have a feeling he will leave once this deal expires.

That would be crazy, but not out of the realm of possibilities.

bearadonisdna
07-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Where, to go play for the nets?

justinnum1
07-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Where, to go play for the nets?

Miami ;)

bearadonisdna
07-28-2012, 06:23 PM
The bulls are one of the upper echelon franchises in the nba. And they are currently over the tax.

Not a lot of reasons to wanna leave.

jp611
07-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Oh, the irony