PDA

View Full Version : Who will bust in this draft?

jiebaogold24K
07-26-2012, 08:41 PM
It has said that this is the best draft class since 2003. While the 2003 draft class had superstars http://www.poci.info/jpg1 in it they also had busts including Darko. Which player in this class will be the Drako of this draft class?

greg_ory_2005
07-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Darko is not a bust you hater.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Who said it was supposed to be the best draft since 2003? you are smoking some hard stuff brotha. Also, darko isnt a bust, but he didnt live up to his expectations. Hes still a solid player.

KB24PG16
07-26-2012, 08:50 PM

he has a ring and his nickname is the human victory cigar=not a bust

Toastyy
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I think darko was considered a big bust considering he was drafted over melo bosh and wade, even if he can play a very minimal role on any team. And many ppl have said this was the best draft since 03 but I don't think that it was ment as the top players were as skilled I think it was meant that the draft was one of the deepest ever with sOlid players going all the way till early second round.

The obvious pick is Drummond but I think it's gonna be Meyers Leonard

lurkinglionsfan
07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
t-rob , dion waiters , or :hide: andre drummond ( i dont think he will but i know others do) also terrence ross could too.

seikou8
07-26-2012, 08:54 PM
:facepalm: since 03 08,09,06,05 all better hell every draft other than 2010 and 2011 will better.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Monroe/Drummond will be the best frontcourt in the NBA in 2 years. They compliment each other perfect. Drummond does everything Monroe can't and vice-versa.

lurkinglionsfan
07-26-2012, 08:57 PM

Who said it was supposed to be the best draft since 2003? you are smoking some hard stuff brotha. Also, darko isnt a bust, but he didnt live up to his expectations. Hes still a solid player.

he has a ring and his nickname is the human victory cigar=not a bust

darko is a bust in every detroit fans eyes , and he isnt really a bust but by the standards we thoughthe was is the actual reason he is labeled a bust

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Dion Waiters.

lurkinglionsfan
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Monroe/Drummond will be the best frontcourt in the NBA in 2 years. They compliment each other perfect. Drummond does everything Monroe can't and vice-versa.

god i hope so

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 09:00 PM

i would bet money that drummond does NOT bust. people forget how young he is, and again his numbers at UCONN are just not a fair evaluation of how beastly he was at times and how freakishly talented he is. dude will work hard, and it's a good situation for him.

waiters and leonard come to mind. waiters was never the best player on that cuse team, just the most talented.

but this draft is really deep. what i do expect is several 2nd round picks and late first-rounders to outpace some of the late lottery guys. 2nd round was stacked this year.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Andre Drummond. He was not ready to go into the NBA.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 09:05 PM
If you’re looking for an outsider with a unique insight into the Pistons’ future – or at least to the extent their future is tied to Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight and Andre Drummond – you’ll find it in an unlikely place: Hofstra assistant coach Patrick Sellers.
Sellers is a former assistant coach at UConn, where he recruited Monroe and Knight hard and knew Drummond since he was a Middletown, Conn., sixth grader. A recruiting scandal that centered on a former UConn manager named Josh Nochimson, whom Rip Hamilton would later sue for defrauding him, eventually forced Sellers to resign to spare UConn further issues with the NCAA, which explains how he wound up coaching in China before landing at Hofstra.

Sellers, recruiting for Hofstra at an AAU showcase in Las Vegas, told me this week by phone that he thinks the Pistons have a bright future. A big reason for that, he believes, is the way being around Monroe and Knight will help push and mold Drummond, a player Sellers describes as “a real quiet, gentle giant type of a guy.”

“He’s probably more of a follower than a leader at this point,” Sellers said of Drummond, “but with Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe, two guys I recruited at UConn and know real well, those are two really good guys for him to follow. In a couple of years, you’re going to have a special team. Those are three really good people, guys who are really willing to work. That can make for a pretty nice team in the future.”

Sellers played and later coached at Central Connecticut, where one of his players was J.R. Hargreaves. Hargreaves went on to become an AAU coach in Connecticut and it was Hargreaves who tipped off Sellers to an unusually large sixth-grader, Drummond.

“I’ve known him since he was 12 years old,” Sellers said. “He was coming to (UConn) games with his mom and his family. I’m like a part of their family now. I’m always encouraging him and trying to help him out.”

Sellers heard the chatter in the weeks leading to the June draft that labeled Drummond a high-risk, high-reward player.

“I don’t see it as a risk at all,” he said. “Andre is early in his career. He’s just so young. He’s just finding his way, growing into his body. But the guy can outrun most guards. He can jump. He has great hands – he can catch everything. He just needs to play basketball on a consistent basis every day and be around good people. I keep going back to Brandon and Greg. Brandon was the hardest-working guy I’ve ever seen in high school basketball. I’ve been in coaching for 13 years. I’ve never seen a guy work as hard. If he can follow a guy like Brandon, he’ll only get better.

“The other part is he’s a really good kid. If you have a good kid who’s talented, those guys develop because they really listen to everything you say. I think he’s going to be headed toward the Dwight Howard type of player as opposed to the Kwame Brown type.”

Sellers isn’t baffled by Drummond’s pedestrian numbers, about 10 points and 7.5 rebounds, as a UConn freshman. The personnel around him made for an odd fit, he said. Alex Oriakhi, a natural center, moved to power forward to make way for Drummond, but he had no floor-spacing shooter to keep the middle unclogged. Huskies guards dominated the ball. Jim Calhoun was in and out with health issues and a suspension. And Drummond’s late arrival – he didn’t decide to enroll at UConn until four days before classes began, scuttling plans to enroll at a New England prep school instead – robbed him of a freshman’s normal summer orientation with coaches and teammates.

“He was a guy who needed to get acclimated,” Sellers said. “That slowed him down, too.”

The nurturing Drummond needs to ease into the man’s world of the NBA, Sellers believes, will be amply provided by the Pistons. Former Pistons vice president Scott Perry, since departed for Orlando, spoke at length with Sellers prior to the draft.

“I told Scott that Andre, physically, is a freak of nature,” Sellers said. “He’s got all the tools to be a great player in the NBA. I’ve known (Pistons assistant general manager) George David and Scott and those guys for a long time. Those guys are going to do everything they can to nurture him and get him what he needs to grow up and grow into a man. I think they’re going to do a very good job. They’ll spoon feed him and not force it down his throat.”

Sellers also sees an on-court synergy for Drummond and Monroe.

“Greg is very, very skilled. At Georgetown, they played the Princeton offense. All those guys can pass, handle, step out a little bit and drive it. Greg can play like a four and Andre can really go in the post and be a back-to-the-basket center. Andre is a better passer than people think, too. I could see those two being a great one-two inside punch for Detroit.”

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/truebluepistons_120726.html

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Nice article if you've got the time..

lurkinglionsfan
07-26-2012, 09:06 PM
i would bet money that drummond does NOT bust. people forget how young he is, and again his numbers at UCONN are just not a fair evaluation of how beastly he was at times and how freakishly talented he is. dude will work hard, and it's a good situation for him.

waiters and leonard come to mind. waiters was never the best player on that cuse team, just the most talented.

but this draft is really deep. what i do expect is several 2nd round picks and late first-rounders to outpace some of the late lottery guys. 2nd round was stacked this year.

yeah and dumars spent our 1st second rounder on khris middleton ?i wanted Tyshawn Taylor or Will Barron

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Monroe is the reason Drummond won't bust. If he was asked to come in and be the man - I could see you thinking it. But Monroe is getting ready to explode, and him and Drummond truly are a perfect fit based on what they can do.

Third-year big man Greg Monroe, who practiced with the Pistons' summer-league team recently, said he was more than willing to show Drummond the ropes of NBA life.

"He's going to need help from us, from the coaching staff, from the front office," Monroe said. "So I think, personally, obviously, I was in a similar position, and he's going to need my help a whole lot. So I have to take the responsibility and just try to mentor him and help him any way I can."

lurkinglionsfan
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
faded that was a awesome article and i hope all of it does come true , also i think they will become a solid core but drummond scares me just a little still

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 09:14 PM
faded that was a awesome article and i hope all of it does come true , also i think they will become a solid core but drummond scares me just a little still

Drummond has the best hands I've ever seen on a big-man and is a freak of nature athletically. If our point guard can get it to him - he's going to be really, really good.

I think the exact opposite. I think Drummond is going to be one of those picks that should have went much sooner.

Thomas Robinson, Dion Waiters are the two from the top 10 I think are going to let people down.

WhiteSoxGod
07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Michael Kidd Gilchrist

dtmagnet
07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think Waiters will live up to being picked 4th overall.

Yankeefan213
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Waiters. I dont know how he went top 5...

Mishmin
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Waiters is the easy answer here.

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Michael Kidd Gilchrist

not sure if serious?

robinson is another guy. dunno if he will "bust", but i never got the hype that surrounded him during the scouting process besides the fact that he seems like a stand-up guy.

b@llhog24
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM

That kind of makes him a bust in most people's eyes.

Dion Waiters.

+1

b@llhog24
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
If Drumound, went top 4 then I could see people saying he still has bust potential, at 9 he was a steal for Detroit.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
If Drumound, went top 4 then I could see people saying he still has bust potential, at 9 he was a steal for Detroit.

You're exactly right. He also fell into a good situation with a young team and getting paired with Monroe. Monroe is our most productive player. We just need Drummond to block shots, rebound, and dunk the ball.

FriedTofuz
07-26-2012, 09:36 PM
drummond will be the steal of the draft. although the raptors have many pfs, they should have still drafted drummond. he can play both pf and center.

WhiteSoxGod
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
not sure if serious?

robinson is another guy. dunno if he will "bust", but i never got the hype that surrounded him during the scouting process besides the fact that he seems like a stand-up guy.

yep, most don't think so I do. He will be "just another guy". Just my opinion.

todu82
07-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Dion Waiters

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I know this thread is for busts - but I think the steal of the draft will be Royce White.

Blazers#1Fan
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I think its waiters

Blazers#1Fan
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I know this thread is for busts - but I think the steal of the draft will be Royce White.

Both Leonard And white are gonna be steals give it a few years

Iceman_9
07-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Darko is a bust for a guy picked before wade, bosh, and Anthony. Kaman is even better than Darko.

Iceman_9
07-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I think the term "bust" should only be applicable to those who are drafted in the lottery coz they are expected to be an immediate impact to a bad team. For those who are drafted after the lottery, well there is a reason why they aren't drafted in the lottery. So whatever happens to them, they can't be considered as busts.

Boston-Born
07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Drummond for sure. Him and Monroe will be terrible when put together. Has terrible hands for a big man.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Drummond for sure. Him and Monroe will be terrible when put together. Has terrible hands for a big man.

:facepalm::facepalm: if there is one thing about Drummond's game every scout in America has said is that he has great hands. Watch him play.

This post shows just how little you know. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Monroe is a crafty non-shotblocking - unathletic big - Drummond is a freakish athlete that blocks everything he can get to with soft hands. They seem almost too perfect together. Sorry - question Drummond's motor, say he takes plays off - but don't make an ignorant statement - everyone that knows anything about these rookies knows that your post is ignorant and has no truth to it.. :facepalm:

ramz.n
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
dion waiters..hes just not in great shape and people question his character..he was picked over many players who imo have a higher ceiling and so far he hasn't performed well and is injured.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Boston-Born

Andre Drummond -

He runs the floor extremely well and is a great finisher at the rim. Drummond has great hands, is active on the offensive glass and is an above-average passer from the post.

He's got very good hands and a desire to learn. He's got athleticism to run the floor. The best thing is he's into getting coached."

Drummond, stylistically, fits the exact profile of an ideal Greg Monroe complement. Drummond has the size and athleticism to protect the rim, defend post-ups and sky for dunks in ways that Monroe simply can’t.

He has great hands – he can catch everything

the fact that he has a great set of hands will take him out of kwame brown bust territory

A dominant post prospect that is equipped with athleticism, great hands and terrific size

Andre Drummond ... the post Drummond has very good hands and is aggressive attacking the rim.

He has great hands that allow him to catch quick passes around the rim and finish

head coach Lawrence Frank said he likes Drummond’s hands

Drummond obviously has size, but also leaping ability (a 41-inch vertical), terrific feet, great hands

But not Drummond. He is a fluid athlete, and he’s got great hands for a center prospect

He has great skills. He's athletic. He has an NBA body ... He can run the floor, has good hands

Drummond had limited post moves, Miller said he has great instincts, and ... greater and quicker in the hands

monster on the low block who has very good hands
lol

streetballa
07-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Boston-Born's opinion > rest of the world's opinion :facepalm:

Waiters will be the biggest disappointment of the draft, Robinson I can see busting because well I think Cousins is a cancer and can prevent Robinson from flourishing.

Drummond and Henson will be the steals of the draft

Cal827
07-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I hope for Piston fans that Drummond becomes dominant. That team will be very scary if he develops into something.

The Eastern Twin Towers lol

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2012, 11:29 PM
first of all this is not the best draft since '03. It is the deepest draft in a while though. But to answer your question Dion Waiters.

DeyAce
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Waiters, Leonard, Ross

ATX
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Dion Waiters

97NYer
07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Waiters, Meyers Leonard

ATX
07-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Waiters is running away with this!

Phenomenonsense
07-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Leonard will be the ****! The next Marc Gasol if he puts the work in.

Bulls_fan90
07-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Drummond will bust..

StephenP
07-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Waiters will almost surely be a bust.

Gilchrist has high bust potential. Besides, the #2 pick has a high rate of busts.

Drummond has the tools, but judging by the summer league he lacks the work ethic. Unless he changes, he'll be a bust too.

The steal of the draft will be Jeremy Lamb.

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Waiters will almost surely be a bust.

Gilchrist has high bust potential. Besides, the #2 pick has a high rate of busts.

Drummond has the tools, but judging by the summer league he lacks the work ethic. Unless he changes, he'll be a bust too.

The steal of the draft will be Jeremy Lamb.

I think he is just a little passive. He's only 18 - he needs to realize he's bigger and more athletic than everyone he plays against. Like you said - the tools are there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLDnVyVthX4

j-bay
07-27-2012, 12:24 AM
waiters

SugeKnight
07-27-2012, 12:26 AM

:laugh:

fadedmario
07-27-2012, 12:27 AM

How's that funny? 2 years from now who's going to be better? You're a Warriors fan - if I wanted to be a prick I could bring up what your team has done the last 20 years and laugh at that..

Oh I get it, Still butthurt over the Udoh pick..

shep33
07-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Waiters and maybe Drummond.

j-bay
07-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Waiters. I dont know how he went top 5...

Well the Cavs tried trading up to 2 trying to get Bradley Beal after it was obvious the Wizards would take Beal after they made the Ariza,Okafor-Lewis trade. The Cavs made a very good offer in the end but the Bobcats were scared the Wizards would take MKG. So in the end the Bobcats got MKG and the Zards got Beal.

NoahH
07-27-2012, 12:41 AM
darko is a bust in every detroit fans eyes , and he isnt really a bust but by the standards we thoughthe was is the actual reason he is labeled a bust

Exactly. So would Detroit fans draft Darko again if they had a do-over? NO! BUST!

mRc08
07-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Not Marquis Teague

Gritz
07-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Gilchrist, just because Jordan got him

WhiteSoxGod
07-27-2012, 01:29 AM

At least someone agrees with me, lol.

mRc08
07-27-2012, 01:29 AM

Now that I think about it...This. It should be a no brainer really.

UPRock
07-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Waiters.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Boston-Born

Andre Drummond -

lol

Six-8-TheWizard
07-27-2012, 02:14 AM

:laugh: So true

STL Don
07-27-2012, 03:03 AM

LA doesn't agree.

Sactown
07-27-2012, 04:00 AM
LA doesn't agree.

Neither do the Kings :cool:

Xplicit
07-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Austin Rivers is much a better bust than Waiters

LakersSaintsLSU
07-27-2012, 04:15 AM
neither do the queens :cool:

fixed

eternal slumber
07-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Dion Waiters will be a bust.

Losoway
07-27-2012, 04:44 AM
to be fair everyone except damien and beal look really bad or average this summer league

eternal slumber
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
to be fair everyone except damien and beal look really bad or average this summer league

Motiejunas, Lamb and Crowder said hi.

King41
07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Dion Waiters.

would go the same way

King41
07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Motiejunas, Lamb and Crowder said hi.

crowder ? LOOOL no way
crowder will be the steal of this draft

eternal slumber
07-27-2012, 05:57 AM
i was referring to Losoway's claim that only Beal and Lilliard played well this past summer league.

Motiejunas, Lamb and Crowder all played well.

NBA-GMaster
07-27-2012, 06:05 AM
My guess would be Bradley Beal or Thomas Robinson..
Beal because he was overshadow by the other starters (Wall,Ariza,Nene&Okafor)..
TRob (another Shelden Williams or Stromile Swift prospect)

WaltonSystem
07-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Meyers Leonard looked raw and awful in SL. Adding the Blazers curse just makes it a lock.
Austin Rivers is too short for his style of play.
I know he was picked mid 1st but i despise John Hensons play and can totally see him being a bust.

Boston-Born
07-27-2012, 07:34 AM
they compliment each other perfect.[/B] Drummond does everything monroe can't and vice-versa.

drummond has the best hands i've ever seen on a big-man and is a freak of nature athletically. If our point guard can get it to him - he's going to be really, really good.

I think the exact opposite. I think drummond is going to be one of those picks that should have went much sooner.

Thomas robinson, dion waiters are the two from the top 10 i think are going to let people down.

drummond for sure. Him and monroe will be terrible when put together. Has terrible hands for a big man.

:d

WickedBadMan
07-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Austin Rivers couldn't even chuck against the Summer League.

Gandalf
07-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Dion waiters