PDA

View Full Version : Redo The 2011 draft

Slimsim
07-26-2012, 05:45 PM
:)

king4day
07-26-2012, 05:55 PM
You should add the players. It'll be incomplete until Jonas plays. I know Markieff should move up a bit.

Rocketsfan85
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Chandler Parsons is a lottery pick

MintBerryCrunch
07-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard would go
Higher for sure

BSardogan
Faried, Shumpert, Parsons, Thomspon and Leonard all go top 10. Marshon Brooks definately moves up to around lottery.

MintBerryCrunch
And Biyombo... No

dhopisthename
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
its only been 1 year we need to wait at least 3 years before you could make a full geuss

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Marshon Brooks should definitely be a top 7-10 pick.

mightybosstone
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll go top 10 to get it started:
1. Cleveland - PG Kyrie Irving
2. Minnesota - SG Klay Thompson
3. Utah - C Bismack Biyombo
4. Cleveland - PF Kenneth Faried
5. Toronto - C Jonas Valanciunas
6. Washington - SF/PF Derrick Williams
7. Sacramento - PG Isaiah Thomas
8. Detroit - SF Kawhi Leonard
9. Charlotte - PG Kemba Walker
10. Milwaukee - SF Chandler Parsons

Irving to Cleveland and Valanciunas would stay the same, because we still don't know how good Valanciunas is going to be. I like Thompson much more than Williams in Minnesota, because they could really use a shooter and wing scorer with Rubio and Love, and I'm not sure Williams is a pure SF. Biyombo was a tough pick at 3, but they really wanted a C to pair with Favors at the 4 and Biyombo has clearly outperformed the other centers in the draft thus far defensively.

At 4, Faried's motor would be extremely sexy with Irving's game. His rebounding and energy would make for a very sexy young duo. I still don't think Williams has gotten a fair shot in Minnesota, but his athleticism would be maximized with John Wall in Washington. Thomas made complete sense for the Kings again and was maybe the biggest steal of the draft. Detroit has holes everywhere, but Leonard couldn't slip much more than this, and he has value in a ton of areas.

I wasn't crazy about Walker last season, but I still think he has a good chance to be a solid NBA player and like him at 9 to a team that needs a playmaker. And as a Rockets' fan, I'm a huge Chandler Parsons guy and think he provides so many different things to Milwaukee at 10.

Edit: And for the record, Thompson, Brooks and Shumpert were tough to leave out of the top 10. I'm still not sold on Kanter, Vesely or Knight. Markieff Morris, Motiejunas, Jimmy Butler, Alec Burks and Chris Singleton are some guys I expect bigger things from this season and could surprise.

Slimsim
07-26-2012, 06:31 PM

Irving to Cleveland and Valanciunas would stay the same, because we still don't know how good Valanciunas is going to be. I like Thompson much more than Williams in Minnesota, because they could really use a shooter and wing scorer with Rubio and Love, and I'm not sure Williams is a pure SF. Biyombo was a tough pick at 3, but they really wanted a C to pair with Favors at the 4 and Biyombo has clearly outperformed the other centers in the draft thus far defensively.

At 4, Faried's motor would be extremely sexy with Irving's game. His rebounding and energy would make for a very sexy young duo. I still don't think Williams has gotten a fair shot in Minnesota, but his athleticism would be maximized with John Wall in Washington. Thomas made complete sense for the Kings again and was maybe the biggest steal of the draft. Detroit has holes everywhere, but Leonard couldn't slip much more than this, and he has value in a ton of areas.

I wasn't crazy about Walker last season, but I still think he has a good chance to be a solid NBA player and like him at 9 to a team that needs a playmaker. And as a Rockets' fan, I'm a huge Chandler Parsons guy and think he provides so many different things to Milwaukee at 10.

Edit: And for the record, Thompson, Brooks and Shumpert were tough to leave out of the top 10. I'm still not sold on Kanter, Vesely or Knight. Markieff Morris, Motiejunas, Jimmy Butler, Alec Burks and Chris Singleton are some guys I expect bigger things from this season and could surprise.

Very good post

BKLYNpigeon
07-26-2012, 06:42 PM
too early to tell. give it another 2 years.

WhiteSoxGod
07-26-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't want to redo the draft, i like it just as it was as a Rockets fan, lol.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Not bad. I like this reasoning.