PDA

View Full Version : Forget about the team that you are a fan of for the moment...

oballers
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
What other teams are you curious about this year and or interested in seeing how they unfold?

For me:

1 - I like the Thunder out of the West again and if they end up in a Finals against Miami I'd like to see them exact revenge

2 - I am very interested in seeing how much better Nash makes the Lakers and how well he and Kobe play together

3. - Denver just plays basketball the right way and I am curious to see how they improve with Chandler coming back for a whole season, Gallo having yet another year behind him to sort out his game and mature and Faried & Mcgee given a chance to gel and make a greater impact

4 - I am excited to see GS, I think that Ellis for for Bogut was huge for GSW and with their young talent they have the tools that Mark Jackson needs to surprise this year. That is unless Bogut and Curry get injured again...

5 - Minnesota with Love and Rubio should be lots of fun

6 - I am interested in seeing how SA manages to transition from Old to Young. Can they do it seemlessly and stay relevant?

7 - New Orleans under its new ownership and with all their young players will be fun to watch. But how many games will they lose?

8 - Utah's young core is solid. I am curious to see if they play Millsap, Favors and Jefferson all at once. That could be a monster front court.

9- Can Damian Lillard beat out all those higher draft picks for ROY?

10- How the hell is HOU gonna chop from a 21 man roster down to 15 and what will their starting line-up look like? Maybe they'll trade for Iguodala?

11. - Will DJ transition smoothly into his role as point man for the Pacers and if so will they be as good as they were last year?

12. Will Kidd-Gilchrist prove to be MJ's best ever draft pick? or another flop? Should Charlotte bring back Adam Morrison now that he's older and more mature?

13. How good will the Bucks be this year (I think good enought for a 6 or 7 seed)?

14. Will the Sixers trade Iguodala?

15. And of course will DH get traded before or during the season and to where?

What are some of the storylines not related to your team that you are excited about? If you want, tell me what you think about any one of the 15 topics above. Just make sure you aren't talking about your favorite team.

I know there is a lot there but as you can see, for some reason this year is much more interesting to me then previous years. Maybe its the new CBA, or the talented draft class or its the year after a shortened season, or the number and talent level of the FAs ... Who knows?!

Aust
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Interested to see Jeff Green play for the Celtics, and Lin on the Rockets

Also interested in how the Jazz and Kings play this year

mRc08
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm interested to see the nash-kobe backcourt.

lakerboy
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Interested to see Dwightmare finally end

Blitzbolt
07-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Spurs for me The regular season champs keep losing in the playoffs I wonder if they are gonna do it all over again.

BSardogan
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm liking the Lakers' potential offense if they somehow get Dwight. Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard is just WOW in every aspect. Should be an interesting playoffs with Lakers - OKC - Heat as the Big Three.

And I hope Rose can get back at his MVP level of play by the end of start of the 2014 season so that the Bulls can start being relevant again. İf they can get a decent 2nd scoring option and that Mirotic dude from Real Madrid becomes good enough to replace Boozer I would want to watch them battle the Heat in the East.

Heediot
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Great thread, hopefully it doesn't get hi-jacked and turned into a bait/troll fest.

1. I want to see how well Lin does with the Rockets. Will he prove himself to be legit or just a fluke?

2. I'd like to see how Nash and Kobe play together.

3. The battle for the 6-8 seed out west.

4. The development of John Wall and how the new-look Wizards pan out.

5. Sullinger & PJ3. I want to see how they fare after dropping from the lottery.

6. TWolves, see if they improved enough to keep Love content.

7. OKC's development and progress.

8. The Hornets. How will davis adjust to the more physical NBA? How Davis and Anderson play toghther. How will Gordon play out after saying his heart is in Phoenix.

9. How the Knicks will the Chemistry between Melo and Amare progress?

10. Will Brook Lopez take the next step and become the most gifted offensive C? Will the Nets surprise and make the ECF?

11. MKG...... I just want to see him play!

smith&wesson
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
i wanna see how the lakers do with nash

love the knicks, like the additions of kidd, camby, & felton

the twolves intrigue me with rubio

miami, thunder are still the favs imo. gotta watch the ecf and wcf champs

cant wait to see new brooklyn stadium, jerseys etc. new teams are exciting

cant wait to watch some of the younger stars in cousins, wall, irving, etc..

Hope we see a heat vs lakers final. dont want to see the thunder in the finals.

ThunderousDemon
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm interested in the Knicks because I hear that the Knicks are back.

shinjirod
07-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Im a Rockets fan but i like the Magic a lot (live in Orlando). Also, can't wait to see Anthony Davis in action with the hornets.

topdog
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Can Golden State stay healthy?

oballers
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Loving all these story lines! Heediot has a lot of great ones. The Wiz are definitely sleepers to me. I have them potentially sneaking into the playoff picture this year.

EG should realize he is in a great place and the Suns are barely better! At least, playout this year and prove to league that he is still relevant before *****ing. Then maybe the Hornets can trade him to the Suns or elsewhere.

I hadn't even thought about the Jeff Green factor (prev mentioned)

Iron24th
07-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Interested to see:

- if Rose will come back ahead of schedule

- Twolves,Pacers,Nets,Suns,Knicks play

- how far houston,orlando and atlanta offseason will get them

blastmasta26
07-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Lin and Nash with their respective teams will be interesting.

StarvingKnick22
07-26-2012, 06:33 PM
NOLA is on a way of playoffs again and that be interesting. Also id like to see Boston make a final run at a title...

BobbyHillSwag
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
nets and lakers foshodo

obrpunk
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
As a GSW fan I'm excited to see what they can do if Bogut and Curry are healthy (I know it said forget about the team you're a fan of, but.....) and that's a HUGE "if"

Other things I'm excited to see are

1) How the Kings are going to mesh after a couple years together with (most of) the current roster plus the addition of Brooks.

2) Nash in LA plus the addition of Jamison which is huge IMO for their bench, they should be fun to watch this year.

3) Kidd/Felton in NY. Nice PG combo. I know he's (Kidd) older than dirt but having someone control who gets the ball and when is something I think the Knicks are in need of.

4) Bucks with Jennings/Ellis backcourt. Too fast, too furious!

5) T-Wolves have some good players, can Rubio stay healthy? Can Love keep his ego in check and continue to play good ball? I'm hoping so.

Gagan136
07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Celtics, really wanna see how Sullinger does
Bobcats, idk why but i really like MKG
phx
Knicks
Brooklyn

dnewguy
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
1. I'll like to see the Knicks play in the first-round
2. Looking forward to Kobe's fg attempts
3. Arghhh...the Knicks again
4. How Thunder respond after finals loss
5. Looking forward to the Heat taking another title. (It's a wrap)

FYI - When your team win a title you can't "Forget about the team that you are a fan of for the moment"

shen
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Outside of my team I am interested in see how Nets do. How Williams and Joe work together. How Lopez comes back.

Blazers#1Fan
07-26-2012, 07:00 PM
The nets,bulls,kings are the only teams ill be watching besides my blazers like always

Those are my teams besides portland and the Sonics but there gone(i hate the thunder)

Nets - i wanna watch DWill,JJ,Crash,hump,brook(finally they got a legit team i watched so many diffrent eras of the nets im glad they got a team)

Bulls - from MJ to Jay williams to Rose ive been a fan for awhile cant wait to see rose

Kings - they got a nice young team and could be moving to Seattle

JerseyPalahniuk
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Great thread and happy to see that Nets are interesting for the first time in a while haha.

EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS:

Boston: Does KG really have 3 years left? Jeff Green's comeback. Will Rondo become a better shooter? FabMelo/Sullinger busts?

New York: Jason Kidd's role (favorite player in league). Will Melo/Amare work out? Is Shumpert the real deal defensively?

Indiana: GERALD GREEN - hope to see him develop into an All-Star.

Milwaukee - Will Elyasova improve even more? Will Monta stay?

Cleveland: KYRIE - love this kid, hope he dominates

Atlanta: Petro/Anthony Morrow/Jordan Williams - see how our former Nets players (sometimes STARTERS) play

Washington: Wall/Beal/Ariza/Nene/Okafor. Looks awesome on paper. Will they squeeze in the playoffs? Will Wall reach his potential?

Charlotte: MKG and BIYOMBO - will their defense develop enough to win some games?

WESTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS:

Hornets: How good Anthony Davis is. Will a Rivers/Gordon combo work out? Will Ryan Anderson regress without the dominant post presence of Dwight?

Denver: exciting team as always. Faried/McGee front court could be dominate or could be a bust. Love the MANIMAL though. Will Gallinari develop into a legit #1 option?

Utah: How do they resolve the Favors/Jefferson/Millsap/Kanter front court minutes. Gordon could be a star as well. How will Harris/Mo split minutes

Portland: Damian Lillard/ Aldridge 1-2 punch?? BATUUUUM (another favorite)

Dallas: German front court!! Love Kaman as well that could be very good. Will Mayo prove the doubters and develop into a top 2 guard - or play some PG?

Phoenix: Dragic/Brown/Beasely/Scola/Gortat - wonder how they play. Same questions for Beasely as Mayo

Minnesota: AK47 wish we had gotten him!! And RUBIOOOOOOOO. Could be the most improved team.

Golden State: Curry/Klay/Barnes/Lee/Bogut - IF they can improve defensively at 1-3 positions they could also be the most improved team.

Clippers/LA: pretty obvious

Jarvo
07-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Want to see if Rose comes back
See how the knicks play with a full offseason together
See if Miami can be back to back champs
Nash & Kobe
And me :facepalm: everytime Blake flops lol

canzano55
07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm interested in the Kings. Jimmer is a player I followed up until the draft. His rookie year was arguably quite poor, so I wanna see if he bounces back in his sophomore year.

I also would like to see what GS can accomplish with a healthy Bogut (hopefully).

cbreezy34
07-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Cleveland- Will Dion Waiters prove he was worth the 4th pick (I suspect not)
Boston- Will the added depth of Terry, Jeff Green, Sullinger, Etc make them the second best team in the east?
Clippers- Will the Clippers take a step foward with their added depth and seasoned leadership
Pacers- Will they be able to sustain last years sucsess. Will Miles Plumlee suprise people?
Hornets- How will Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers fair in their rookie season>
Lakers- How will the Nash Kobe duo work out?
Knicks- Will they actually make it past the first round... or will they contuie to be overrated.
Mavs- How will the Mavs do with their entierly new roster?