PDA

View Full Version : Which team's roster do you like?

BowDown
07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
This is not which team has the better line-up such as the Heat but rather which team do you think has the potential to be really good either now or in the near future?

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
The T'Wolves once Love learns how to play any kind of defense
The Jazz once they can figure out how to run an offense
The Hornets if they added a few more pieces.

Sactown
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
The Kings if we can figure out how to play like a team
Wolves, if Roy has anything left in the tank
Raps, if a leader emerges

Blitzbolt
07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Rockets

SaimuKala
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Wolves

BSardogan
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Houston Rockets :hide:

AddiX
07-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Denver, love everything about that team. Was surprised how they exited the playoffs, just didn't look rdy for the next step. But what a fun team to watch, amd for a team without the top notch all star type, they have out together one heck of a talented team.

GREATNESS ONE
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Cavs w/ acquisition of Bynum :p

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Lakers roster is my favorite, they are going to be fun to watch.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Rockets :shrug:

C_Mund
07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Denver, love everything about that team. Was surprised how they exited the playoffs, just didn't look rdy for the next step. But what a fun team to watch, amd for a team without the top notch all star type, they have out together one heck of a talented team.

I agree. Solid lineup from top to bottom, fun team to watch with Lawson and Faried, plus I've always been a big Andre Miller fan and I like watching him play great ball at his age.
I also think the Wolves are close to turning the corner, and I'm curious to see how the Cavs will develop.

Sactown....well they have a ton of potential and since they're not in the East I'd like to see them start to put it together.

smith&wesson
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
the raps are on the rise

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
In terms of worst rosters that goes to Houston, Magic and Dallas

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Actually the rockets might be interesting to see but they need more firepower off the bench and a backup pg.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM

There only problem is a lack of a real star. They have ridiculous depth, and 10 real NBA players on the roster, so they should be able to get something done to upgrade at some point. Otherwise I love their roster. I think they would have had a stronger showing had injuries not crushed them last year.

ChiSox219
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Clippers: Odom outlet to CP3 alley oop to Blake
Lakers: Kobe could retire and that team is still a title contender. Scary.
Rockets: A lot of quality young talent. Really interested to see how OA does as a starter.
Twolves, Thunder: followed them closely last year, cant complain about more of the same this year.
Nets: Gonna be a circus

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Actually the rockets might be interesting to see but they need more firepower off the bench and a backup pg.

I dont think so, Asik and Lin are so overpaid and with actual attention on them from other teams they will struggle. And their roster if full of rookies and 2nd year players. Kevin Martin fits terrible in this team.

airforceones25
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Assuming the Clippers stay healthy I'm super giddy about them.. They go 10 deep, extremely athletic, solid veteran leadership and have a true star. The bench has potentially 3 6th man of the year candidates on it.

airforceones25
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I dont think so, Asik and Lin are so overpaid and with actual attention on them from other teams they will struggle. And their roster if full of rookies and 2nd year players. Kevin Martin fits terrible in this team.

You do realize that both Lin and Asik will only be making 5m each for the next 2 seasons right? They aren't overpaid until year 3 which in theory they could be worth that salary by that time albiet unlikely.... So in reality they aren't overpaid until a few more years.

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
You do realize that both Lin and Asik will only be making 5m each for the next 2 seasons right? They aren't overpaid until year 3 which in theory they could be worth that salary by that time albiet unlikely.... So in reality they aren't overpaid until a few more years.

There are so many better players making much less than 5 million, 5 million for a guy that avg 3 points a game and another who played like 10 good games.

ChiSox219
07-26-2012, 05:34 PM
There only problem is a lack of a real star. They have ridiculous depth, and 10 real NBA players on the roster, so they should be able to get something done to upgrade at some point. Otherwise I love their roster. I think they would have had a stronger showing had injuries not crushed them last year.

Ty Lawson could make a jump to an offensive star and dont laugh but i think a Karl-coached Javale could be great :hide:

BSardogan
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM

This Rockets roster is going to be one of the deepest and most talented teams in the league if guys like Lin, Parsons, Montiejunas and Lamb live up to their potential of becoming all-star caliber players.

From there on you have Aşık, White, Jones, Patterson, Machado, Morris and a whole bunch of other guys in their mid-early 20's that have an unpredictable ceiling, varying from solid role players to potential stars.

In terms of cap-space, you name any FA and Morey has the cap-space to sign him. Eventhough Houston may not yet be the most attractive destination for All-star free agents, as soon as this team starts developing and show signs up a lot of upside + have plenty of capspace, guys like Bynum will look at Houston as a very considerable place to sign.

Worst-case scenario is, everyone on this roster turns out to suck. Even then they're valuable trading chips because they're young and Houston can take any crap contract (which will be packaged with picks), and from there on you can look to rebuild.

I know it may be tough for you to admit this and it's okay if you don't want to, but this team >>>>> Nets. We'll see who wins an NBA title first (or in your team's case, who wins their first NBA title).

MrFastBreak
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Clippers: Odom outlet to CP3 alley oop to Blake
Lakers: Kobe could retire and that team is still a title contender. Scary.
Rockets: A lot of quality young talent. Really interested to see how OA does as a starter.
Twolves, Thunder: followed them closely last year, cant complain about more of the same this year.
Nets: Gonna be a circus

These are gonna be interesting.

SeoulBeatz
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
gotta be twolves for me. they have a great infusion of talent.

Losoway
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
knicks

blastmasta26
07-26-2012, 06:19 PM
In terms of worst rosters that goes to Houston, Magic and Dallas

Dallas isn't that bad. Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Kaman is a decent lineup.

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
This Rockets roster is going to be one of the deepest and most talented teams in the league if guys like Lin, Parsons, Montiejunas and Lamb live up to their potential of becoming all-star caliber players.

From there on you have Aşık, White, Jones, Patterson, Machado, Morris and a whole bunch of other guys in their mid-early 20's that have an unpredictable ceiling, varying from solid role players to potential stars.

In terms of cap-space, you name any FA and Morey has the cap-space to sign him. Eventhough Houston may not yet be the most attractive destination for All-star free agents, as soon as this team starts developing and show signs up a lot of upside + have plenty of capspace, guys like Bynum will look at Houston as a very considerable place to sign.

Worst-case scenario is, everyone on this roster turns out to suck. Even then they're valuable trading chips because they're young and Houston can take any crap contract (which will be packaged with picks), and from there on you can look to rebuild.

I know it may be tough for you to admit this and it's okay if you don't want to, but this team >>>>> Nets. We'll see who wins an NBA title first (or in your team's case, who wins their first NBA title).

You can never tell who is going to win a title first because teams like Miami went from 14 wins then won a championship like 4 years later.
But how is Houston better than Nets right now? I dont get it. Your just trying to rip the Nets because I said Houstons roster is awful.

BowDown
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm liking the Hornets on paper

AddiX
07-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I think Denver should of made a bigger push in the playoffs last year and thst experiece will pay off this year. The lack of a star hurt them in the playoffs, but the bigger issue to me, was they just seemed out of there eliment. If there is a team that could do dmg next year without a top notch player, it's them.

Next year they should also be healthy and they'll have Chandler for the whole season, I think they can be a top 3 seed.

Denver has so many options, pushes the balL, has a lot of players who can score on there own, or spot up, and next year they will have the SAme exact roster, and the players Karl wants. Watch out for Denver.

TMcC801
07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Utah Jazz
Sac. Kings
Both teams could be a surprise in the West this year IMO

BSardogan
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
You can never tell who is going to win a title first because teams like Miami went from 14 wins then won a championship like 4 years later.
But how is Houston better than Nets right now? I dont get it. Your just trying to rip the Nets because I said Houstons roster is awful.

Lol. Quote me saying Houston's team is Better than the Nets right now. I'm saying I'd take the Rockets roster over the Nets, simply because Houston is in a far more favourable position than you guys are.

You have no shot at winning a title, your roster is full of old and/or overpaid guys, the only way you guys could have competed was bringing in Dwight and your FO just blew that opportunity too. You have no capspace to make any more improvements so you're going to be stuck in that position for a Long time to come.

And yes, I am ripping on the Nets since you have this delusional thought that your team is Top 3 in the league and Houston has one of the top 3 worst rosters. And it's funny that when I prove you wrong not a single part of your response is based on any of that.

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Lol. Quote me saying Houston's team is Better than the Nets right now. I'm saying I'd take the Rockets roster over the Nets, simply because Houston is in a far more favourable position than you guys are.

You have no shot at winning a title, your roster is full of old and/or overpaid guys, the only way you guys could have competed was bringing in Dwight and your FO just blew that opportunity too.

And yes, I am ripping on the Nets since you have this delusional thought that your team is Top 3 in the league and Houston has one of the top 3 worst rosters. And it's funny that when I prove you wrong not a single part of your response is based on any of that.

Nets have a lot better chance at winning an NBA championship than Houston Rockets do right now. What can picks get you? There are no superstars willing to reup with Houston and no good draft players coming up.
And how did Nets blow it with Dwight Howard? I dont get it

BSardogan
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Nets have a lot better chance at winning an NBA championship than Houston Rockets do right now. What can picks get you? There are no superstars willing to reup with Houston and no good draft players coming up.
And how did Nets blow it with Dwight Howard? I dont get it

Picks get you durant, westbrook and harden. Picks can be pieces to build a team with, or they can be pieces traded to build a team. But it's the combination of picks and stars that ultimately lift you over the top, and as I've explained Houston is in a situation where they can aim for both.

And no. You are a top 5/6 team at best, and the top 3 right now could easily sweep your *** in a 7 game series. I'm sorry, but the Nets will never win a championship the way they're build now. Houston might not be a contender either, but they have a hell of a brighter future than you guys do to acquire enough talent to compete.

Oh and that last line.. haha... that deserves a sig quote. Please don't tell me that you not only believe the Nets are a top 3 team, but they are going to still pull of a Dwight trade/FA signing too? Agreed, maybe a Deron Williams > Dwight Howard swap would work.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Pistons:

Knight
Stuckey
Prince
Monroe
Drummond
Jerebko
Singler
English
Kratsov
Middleton

with 30 million in cap room following this season with all these players under contract. Pistons could be really good soon.

DoMeFavors
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Picks get you durant, westbrook and harden. Picks can be pieces to build a team with, or they can be pieces traded to build a team. But it's the combination of picks and stars that ultimately lift you over the top, and as I've explained Houston is in a situation where they can aim for both.

And no. You are a top 5/6 team at best, and the top 3 right now could easily sweep your *** in a 7 game series. I'm sorry, but the Nets will never win a championship the way they're build now. Houston might not be a contender either, but they have a hell of a brighter future than you guys do to acquire enough talent to compete.

Oh and that last line.. haha... that deserves a sig quote. Please don't tell me that you not only believe the Nets are a top 3 team, but they are going to still pull of a Dwight trade/FA signing too? Agreed, maybe a Deron Williams > Dwight Howard swap would work.

Nets beat you at all 5 starting positions, also let me know when you have a superstar player and an all star player on your team again.

Dirkie
07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Dallas isn't that bad. Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Kaman is a decent lineup.

He is just trolling,don't listen to him. Dallas will be a real good team,maybe a top 4-5 team in the west if Mayo and Collison play up to their potentional.

seikou8
07-26-2012, 06:59 PM
the knicks duh

Dirkie
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM

You are wasting your breath ,he is just a troll. The nets are a top 4 team in the east at most,Houston is in a perfect place to rebuild with LOTS of young talent and Cap space. Houston will be a contender before the Nets and im not bitter cause of D-Will its just a fact.

AddiX
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Utah Jazz
Sac. Kings
Both teams could be a surprise in the West this year IMO

Why? I see two pretty bad teams when I look at there roster.

Sac has some talent but there isn't a coach in the entire world who will be able to figure out how to get that group of egotistical ball hogs to work together.

Aust
07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
TWolves
Jazz
Hornets
Nuggets

smood999
07-26-2012, 07:30 PM
I love the Warriors potential almost from top to bottom from Curry all the way to Jeremy Tyler, I just love how they're building

I want to see how Perry Jones develops in OKC..a crime the other teams allowed this

I want to see how the Celtics infusion of youth blends with their vets...Lee, Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, Green, Joseph

I want to see how the Hornets develop with Rivers, Gordon, Davis

njnets
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
THE NETS!!!!!! :D

honestly, the celtics roster really jumps out at me. adding lee and terry. allen is a GREAT shooter, but terry scores on more spots of the floor. plus lee and a healthy bradley later in the year provides phenomenal depth at the G position. also allows small ball. pierce and bass are back, with jeff green backing up both. garnett at the C position is awesome bc it allows bass and green to play PF.

they have great depth, talent, expierence, and even some youth. this team might be able to knock off the heat if they play well.

TMcC801
07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Why? I see two pretty bad teams when I look at there roster.

Sac has some talent but there isn't a coach in the entire world who will be able to figure out how to get that group of egotistical ball hogs to work together.

I think the Kings have a lot of talent, its just a matter of getting them all on the same page... I'm not saying they will, but if they could somehow get it together I think they could be 7 or 8 seed?? maybe..

And as far as the Jazz.. I dont get why you see a "pretty bad team"..
I see a young team filled with mid to high lottery picks with some decent complimentary vets. I think Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward can be consistant all-stars, Alec Burks is going to make a name for himself as well.. They are setting themselves up for the future very nicely.. Are they contending for a championship this season? Not even close... But a bad team? Im pretty confident in placing them top 5 in the west. But you can underestimate like always

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Ty Lawson could make a jump to an offensive star and dont laugh but i think a Karl-coached Javale could be great :hide:

I think Lawson has a limit, he just isn't big enough. Man, I would love to see the day where McGee gets it. When you watch him, you just can't stop thinking, "if he only had a brain...".

BradHolt4CYoung
07-26-2012, 08:02 PM

You have no shot at winning a title, your roster is full of old and/or overpaid guys, the only way you guys could have competed was bringing in Dwight and your FO just blew that opportunity too. You have no capspace to make any more improvements so you're going to be stuck in that position for a Long time to come.

What have you proven him to be wrong on? Just curious, the season hasn't even started yet so it would be hard to prove someone wrong on a wins prediction.

If you really think with confidence that the Rockets will have a better record then the Nets this year, then LMFAO, what a homer.

And I mean you say the Nets gave an old team...there starting lineup is players aged 28, 31 ,30 ,27 , 24.....sorry but compared to other teams that is not close to "old".

And about how our roster is "overpaid"...that does not really affect anything they do on the court, but also the entire NBA is overpaid. I mean the Rockets gave 2 players who have started a COMBINED 27 games in their NBA career....50 MILLION DOLLARS :laugh:

And maybe not according to your knowledge, but by all NBA sources of late Dwight Howards options are trade to Lakers now, Trade to Nets at deadline, or become FA. So the Nets did not "blow it".

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I think Denver should of made a bigger push in the playoffs last year and thst experiece will pay off this year. The lack of a star hurt them in the playoffs, but the bigger issue to me, was they just seemed out of there eliment. If there is a team that could do dmg next year without a top notch player, it's them.

Next year they should also be healthy and they'll have Chandler for the whole season, I think they can be a top 3 seed.

Denver has so many options, pushes the balL, has a lot of players who can score on there own, or spot up, and next year they will have the SAme exact roster, and the players Karl wants. Watch out for Denver.

But the reason they should be a #3 seed, imo, is their ability to absorb foul trouble and injuries with that depth. But in the playoffs, having nobody that can take over games hurts them. They now have to rely on perfect execution.

WhiteSoxGod
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
The Houston Rockets: Youth and Potential.

selassi3
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
the raps are on the rise

This.:clap: The World Can Keep Sleeping Tho :)

Also Wiz, Minni, Brooklyn and even Sac Town!

ThunderousDemon
07-26-2012, 10:09 PM
The knicks because they're back.

takeshi
07-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Denver, as you can see how deep is their SF position

DerekRE_3
07-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Denver, Minny, San Antonio

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-27-2012, 01:05 AM
The Rockets in 2015.

Trust. I have a feeling they are getting the next SUPERstar and its not Shabazz. Andrew Wiggins is gonna be a Rocket

Plus the fact they have young prospects right now that should develop nicely by the time 2015 comes.

Jarvo
07-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Raptors with J'Val
Kings :clap: DMAC & T.Rob some of my fav players
Bucks
T'Wolves
Warriors
Nuggets :worthy:
Hornets
Suns