PDA

View Full Version : Bailey Throws Live BP

RedSoxtober
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
It was just after 2 p.m. on Wednesday when Andrew Bailey took the mound at Rangers Ballpark. About 10 people were on hand to watch him pitch, all of them Red Sox coaches and staff members.

Bailey lost control of some fastballs, but his velocity was good and his breaking pitches had their usual movement.

“To me, he looked pretty good,” Nava said.

For Bailey, it was an important day. He had not faced hitters since spring training because of a torn ligament in his right thumb that required surgery. After four months of rehabilitation, he was finally in a competitive situation.

“Encouraging,” Bailey said. “I felt great. It was nice to see hitters in the box. I’m just anxious to get back out there and help this team win.”

The next step will be another live batting practice session at the team facility in Fort Myers, Fla., on Saturday. If that goes well, Bailey would start a rehab assignment early next week.

“We’re just going to take it step at a time,” he said. “Today went great.”

Bailey threw all four of his pitches and pitched at full effort. His thumb has fully healed and he’s over the forearm soreness that delayed his return last month.

“Now I feel good. That little hiccup was unfortunate and something I’ve dealt with in the past,” Bailey said. “The thumb feels great, the forearm feels great, and now it’s just a matter of getting back with hitters in the box in game situations. Hopefully, soon be back with the team.”Boston Globe

boodgyman5220
07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
possibility of moving aceves to the rotation if he comes back and performs well? or is ace cemented into the closing role?

RedSoxtober
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
possibility of moving aceves to the rotation if he comes back and performs well? or is ace cemented into the closing role?

Looks like they'll ease Bailey into responsibilities, letting him set up before disrupting the pecking order in the BP.

Nomar
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I doubt we would see Aceves move from CL to the rotation this season too. Doesnt make too much sense for me as Aceves was a great reliever last year and Morales has been better as a SP than Aceves was last year. Morales also has little value to us in the pen compared to Aceves.

papipapsmanny
07-26-2012, 09:52 PM
this is cute.... doesn't really change anything for our team. We need Good SPs, like Josh Johnson

Station 13
07-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Until then Bobby need to use Padilla in the 7th inning (if needed) and not Albers.