PDA

View Full Version : For those bashing the bulls offseason. Compare the 4 main guys they lost vs new 4

Pages : [1] 2

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.
Combined 27.8 ppg at a combined salary of 17 million.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich
Combined 25.6 ppg at a combined salary of 8.3 million.

mdm692
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
In psd. . .

Delusional
07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

That's why the Bulls have been bashed this offseason.

N3TS
07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Asik to me is their biggest lost, because he was such a luxury to have as a back up center.

Losoway
07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

lmao this ...

idk why this is a thread you could have just answered that in your head

celtNYpatsHeels
07-25-2012, 06:42 PM
The bulls are in a tough spot to make moves with Rose being done for most if not all of the upcoming season...

That being said, Miami got better Boston got better NY got better NJ got better WASH got better INDY got better while the Bulls stayed the same or got worse.

It just tells me that the front office in Chicago doesnt view the team as a contender in the 12-13 season

MrfadeawayJB
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

:clap:

justinnum1
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Pretty much

There owner is cheap.

I think it's funny when he says he will pay the tax for a contender.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich epic fail:facepalm: the reason PP was the finals MVP

In what twisted world is 2.2 ppg worth an extra 8.7 million?

:facepalm:

EDUTEXANS
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Hinrich > Watson, IMO. But they also added the rookie Teague and Jimmy Butler seems a good player and they got cheaper. I have no problem with their offseason. And not matching Asik offer sheet was a smart decision

greg_ory_2005
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Hinrich is the only guy that's decent. Those other 3 suck.

Stunner
07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Asik > Nazar
Rocky > Korver because he's more of an offensive threat
Butler > Brewer
Kirk > Watson
Rad > Scal

Not to mention we may add Malcolm Thomas and E'Twaun Moore > Lucas

Stunner
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Most of you guys are just talking just to talk , do research.

davids22
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Because all their new players are downgrades of what they had. But honestly, if I'm the Bulls this season, you tank, wait till next year when Rose is 100%, amnesty Boozer, and hope you get a good draft pick. Also take a splash in the 2013 free agency. They can set themselves up nicely if they want.

justinnum1
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Did any of you watch kh last year? He was awful

dalton749
07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
toronto will do better than chicago. book it

lakerboy
07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
You guys went from championship contenders last year to playoff hopefuls this year. How quickly things change. I hope the Bulls can make a quick rebuild before the following season. They should amnesty Carlos Boozer

Branwegner84
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

I don't agree with this.
Asik>Mohammed- Clearly. Asik is one of the better defensive centers right now.

Korver=Bellinelli- Korver is a much better shooter, but Bellienlli is better at creating is own shot and will most likely be a better defender. You could give a slight edge to Korver.

Brewer<Butler- Butler is one replacing Brewer. Butler is already has a much better offensive game, he's a slightly worst defender, but not by much.

Watson<Hinrich- This is pretty clear and doesn't need to be explained.

Scalabrine< Radmonavich- Again a pretty clear upgrade.

Stunner
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Whatever floats your boat the only downgrade I see is Asik . Brewer a very good defender but couldn't shoot a lick , Butler can and is improving. Korver a great 3pt shooter but couldn't create his own shot , Marco is a good shooter and who can and pass a Lil. Kirk and Teague should do nicely to replace Watson who was sporadic and costed us Game 6 of the Playoffs. Scal didn't even play neither will Rad much but rad is a 3pt shooter. Dont forget we have Taj coming off the bench along with maybe a taj clone in Thomas who is more athletic. Plus Moore might sign here who is way better than Lucas.

Stunner
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM

Shorten Season and him coming off an injury played into that , as the year went on he got a Lil bit better.

Stunner
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
And don't downplay coach Tibbs I'll doubt he will let his team go out like some chumps . I have the Bulls at 45 games this year and will be a problem come playoff time

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich

Yup, because PPG is all that matters.

KniCks4LiFe
07-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich

Lets break it down.

You lose Korver for Bellaneli, Korver and Marco both talented shooters Marco is younger, but Korver is better
Mohhammed in for Asik, advantage Asik
Heinrich and Watson, Watson was a top 10 defensive guard, he's now on Brooklyn's bench, Heinrich vet PG.. equal
Radmonovich I haven't this name in god knows when, advantage Brewer on the D.

Honestly the Bulls didn't inprove or decrease in much, they will still make the playoffs, they still will be a top 4 or 5 seed. The coaching staff is too good.

49GiantWarriors
07-25-2012, 07:10 PM
More of the points will be distributed more to the starters than the new bench. Also players can play different because it is a team game. But it helps a lot if you have more talent

StarvingKnick22
07-25-2012, 07:14 PM
umm ok?

kingbrentg
07-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

More like

Omer > Nazr: Nazr may be a bit of a better offensive player, since all he has to do is catch the ball to be an improvement there. But defense is where this hurts.

Belinelli I'd take over Korver: Korver is about as one-dimensional as they come. Belinelli provides similar shooting abilities, with a lighter contract. As well as being able to handle the ball and pass better, and being 5 years younger.

Butler I'd take over Brewer: Butler is already a better offensive weapon and has the ability to step into the defensive role Brewer held down. Younger and cheaper as well.

Hinrich I'd take over Watson: Better man defender, can run an offense much more effectively. This one is close-ish though, because I did like CJ.

Teague I'd take over Turd: Lucas blows, give me the higher potential young guy every day.

Vlad I'd take over Scal: Congrats on your cheerleading career, Scal.

Cheaper alternatives with little to no real drop-off other than Omer to Nazr. I'm plenty happy with the offseason under the circumstances.

Plagued with injuries the last couple years, as he said himself. He's finally feeling much healthier.

I'm pretty happy with bringing Kirk back.

Jamiecballer
07-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich

3 of the best 4 players on that list on in the LOST column though

b@llhog24
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Asik > Nazar
Rocky > Korver because he's more of an offensive threat
Butler > Brewer
Kirk > Watson
Rad > Scal

Not to mention we may add Malcolm Thomas and E'Twaun Moore > Lucas

This.

"PSD where one year makes a player's career."

seikou8
07-25-2012, 07:25 PM
bulls suck they should blown it up they only be 5-8 seed so what?

D Roses Bulls
07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
It really amazes me how some people claim to be so informed and so knowledgeable about the NBA and don't know crap. First of all, Reinsdorf would of paid to get over that hump, but he isn't going to do it in a year that Rose will be out. This is a throw away year. Boozer will probably be amnestied next year or when ever it is when the bulls will be rid of dengs contract. The Bulls aren't going anywhere this year.

KNAN
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
We didn't make the greatest moves but we made smart moves and we will be better in the future. We improve with Hinrich, Belinelli, Teague, Butler, and the big downgrade is Mohammed over Asik (But not worth that contract in the 3rd year). We won't be able to really tell until we get the chance to see them play. If Rose was healthy we don't have this conversation! We will see you in the playoffs and Chicago will have a chance just like all 16 teams that make it will.

WindyCity_22
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry but other than Asik over Mohammed...the Bulls upgraded at every position. Belinelli will give you the same 3-pt shot you get from Korver but gives you an added athletic dimension because he can shoot off the dribble and create his own shot. I'm willing to bet over 90% of Korver's points last year were assisted. Butler is a younger version of Brewer and will be a much better offensive threat. Anyone see the last 2 regular season games versus the Knicks? Butler held Melo in check for most of those games. Hinrich is a vet who will give this team a voice and a leader while Derrick is out. I don't think you're losing or gaining much by swapping Hinrich/Watson. Radmanovich will fill Scalabrine's role...enough said.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 07:54 PM
The bulls are still over the luxury tax. Doesnt look like they think this is a throwaway.. It is a throwaway in sense that in FA they coulndnt make a huge splash, but they have but together a fairly capable playoff team.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Enough said?? Lol take our lineup and put it up against the heat, celtics, pacers, or Knicks. Hell, put some west teams against our lineup in a 7 game series. Tell me who you'd put your $$ on?? Why don't we even put a healthy MVP form Rose in our current lineup and put that roster against the quality teams right now. If you think we're going anywhere this season, you're delusional!!! I don't care about playoff seedings or "how close we are to a championship." trophy=success. Anything less is a failure.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
One thing as a whole, this vaunted bench mob did not play well in the playoffs.
Actually statistically embarrasing.

rickshaw
07-25-2012, 08:12 PM
In what twisted world is ppg how you judge role players. Let me know how the new guys play defense.

KNAN
07-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Enough said?? Lol take our lineup and put it up against the heat, celtics, pacers, or Knicks. Hell, put some west teams against our lineup in a 7 game series. Tell me who you'd put your $$ on?? Why don't we even put a healthy MVP form Rose in our current lineup and put that roster against the quality teams right now. If you think we're going anywhere this season, you're delusional!!! I don't care about playoff seedings or "how close we are to a championship." trophy=success. Anything less is a failure.

Why can't we win? Every team looks good on paper and it depends on how well that team performs on the court. Nobody is given a Championship or guaranteed a losing season. We are delusional? Because we refuse to cry and complain that Derrick Rose is out? Because you think we have no chance of winning? Who are you to tell us who we are? I am a Chicago Bulls fan, and I refuse to give up just because we lost our best player for a year. There is fight stirring up in this team and we will be back in contention next year. Rose will come back and we will rock you!!

Bosh2010
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

u compared some wrong players, and got others rated wrong. i only agree with asik>mohammed but,

bellinelli=korver

butler=brewer (with butler having a better offensive game upside)

radmanovich>scalabrine

hinrich>watson

teague>JLIII

all this for half the price isnt bad. i say we get the 6-8 seed and might make a good playoff run if rose comes back just in time for the playoffs

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich

Not even close, the solid bench defense is gone.

KNAN
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM

The only big defensive loss I see is Asik, and that is a little premature until games begin for next season. It's all based on opinions and we really don't know if the defense is better or worse, have to wait and see really..

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM

How solid was that bench?? Did u not see the playoffs?

KNAN
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Even if are defense on the bench turns out to be worse, we never could score with just a defensive bench. The bench will be much better on offense and the defense isn't going to be significantly worse as some of you suspect. We have a defensive coach so the defense I am not worried about at any stretch of the mind. I thought we needed some improvements and I am happy about what we did. We didn't have too many options this season, but we have improved and in due time we will get the respect we deserve!

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Can't make an argument on how much $$$$ you saved if that $$$$ isn't being used to fix the problem.
Not having rose for almost a whole season, then hoping he plays at his level when he returns is huge. And that is IF he returns next year.
Deng, Gibson, Boozer and Noah are nice complimentary pieces but without Rose and the bench mobb.....this is a very average team. Who exactly takes over offensively? Who takes the last shot,.....thinking things will be just fine because Thibs is here is a huge guess.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
How solid was that bench?? Did u not see the playoffs?

To be fair, losing rose was not just losing your go to guy, it ripped the heart out of the whole team. The second rose grabbed his knee the bulls were finished.
People just thought "we won in the regular season without Rose"
Not the same against a quality opponent in the playoffs.

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 08:54 PM
It really amazes me how some people claim to be so informed and so knowledgeable about the NBA and don't know crap. First of all, Reinsdorf would of paid to get over that hump, but he isn't going to do it in a year that Rose will be out. This is a throw away year. Boozer will probably be amnestied next year or when ever it is when the bulls will be rid of dengs contract. The Bulls aren't going anywhere this year.

This, minus the insults.

This is a throwaway year for the Bulls, so they downgraded to save money. It has nothing to do with getting better bench players. It was a smart FINANCIAL decision.

And for the record, Belinelli is a career 37.7% 3pt shooter, while Korver is 43.5%. That's not the same. Not the same at all. One is slightly above average, while the other is fantastic.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey I'm on board with tanking the year. Even though whenever rose comes back, it still doesn't look good. But why waste $$ when you know this year is out. Save $$ and HOPEFULLY get a decent pick and pick up solid FA.
What I hate are delusional bulls fans who think we have a good chance this year. I absolutely love the bulls but I'm smart enough to know we ain't ******* this year.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Even if are defense on the bench turns out to be worse, we never could score with just a defensive bench. The bench will be much better on offense and the defense isn't going to be significantly worse as some of you suspect. We have a defensive coach so the defense I am not worried about at any stretch of the mind. I thought we needed some improvements and I am happy about what we did. We didn't have too many options this season, but we have improved and in due time we will get the respect we deserve!

I understand what you are saying and agree that Thibs will make the new players better defenders.
Problem is, the bulls have had the same guys for 2-3 years now and one reason last years lookout didn't effect them as much as it did other teams was because of the continuity they had in both the starting 5 and the defensive minded bench.
Now you are hoping that the sum of the new parts can do the same. Without a Hitch, and without a true star to carry them. Training camp in October will be the start of a totally new bench and if you think these guys will just be the same tough bench as last year, you are just speculating as well.
To say this doesn't worry you seems silly. Some part of you has to be praying that things will be ok.

DROSE4MVP
07-25-2012, 09:03 PM
This, minus the insults.

This is a throwaway year for the Bulls, so they downgraded to save money. It has nothing to do with getting better bench players. It was a smart FINANCIAL decision.

And for the record, Belinelli is a career 37.7% 3pt shooter, while Korver is 43.5%. That's not the same. Not the same at all. One is slightly above average, while the other is fantastic.

True, but Belinelli can also create his own shot and he's more athletic so he can shoot off the dribble. I'll definitely miss Korver as he's one of the best 3-point shooters in the league, but Belinelli provides more scoring opportunities because of his athleticism and the ability to create his own shot. It's basically a wash in my opinion.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Why can't we win? Every team looks good on paper and it depends on how well that team performs on the court. Nobody is given a Championship or guaranteed a losing season. We are delusional? Because we refuse to cry and complain that Derrick Rose is out? Because you think we have no chance of winning? Who are you to tell us who we are? I am a Chicago Bulls fan, and I refuse to give up just because we lost our best player for a year. There is fight stirring up in this team and we will be back in contention next year. Rose will come back and we will rock you!!

Let me guess, you're a cubs fan?! Lmfao. If you're a real Chicagoan, aren't you tired of "waiting til next year?"

KNAN
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
This, minus the insults.

How many contenders did Belinelli play for compared to Korver? Your looking at stats and those don't always tell you anything about a player. This is only a throwaway to you because Rose is out. We will be fine and as long as we make the playoffs, doesn't matter how we get there. We will still have a chance to win.

KNAN
07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Let me guess, you're a cubs fan?! Lmfao. If you're a real Chicagoan, aren't you tired of "waiting til next year?"

HAHAHA, never! Been a Cardinal fan since I was born in 88 and will always be. Were talking about basketball, not baseball by the way.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
This, minus the insults.

Thats nice and everything, but Korver averaged 3 ppg in the playoffs. He makes 5 mil a year.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
HAHAHA, never! Been a Cardinal fan since I was born in 88 and will always be. Were talking about basketball, not baseball by the way.

Question: are you from Chicago?

TheRunKiller
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

yeah ok i don't know about that one

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
This became a stupid thread with trolls coming in and saying the bulls will suck.. WELL.... no sh1t sherlock we lost the mvp and we lost a buncha players, its not like we could actually do anything else with their offseason.

tell me how to improve this team by making actual.. GOOD trades while maintaining a good core in deng rose and noah.

Giannis94
07-25-2012, 09:19 PM
nice job bringing in the geriatric mop up crew....

ATX
07-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Some can try and justify the Bulls off-season all they want, but it's pretty clear it wasn't at all impressive, and that they only got worse. Saved money? Yes. Congrats on your owner keeping his pockets fat. However, the team will suffer for it.

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
How many contenders did Belinelli play for compared to Korver? Your looking at stats and those don't always tell you anything about a player. This is only a throwaway to you because Rose is out. We will be fine and as long as we make the playoffs, doesn't matter how we get there. We will still have a chance to win.

Stats tell you a lot. Like one guy is a better 3pt shooter than another, so it's not a good replacement for that role. Now if you wanna say that Belinelli is a better shot creator than Korver (44.5% vs 42.6% on 2's, with SG average at 46.2%), you can say that. But I always like a role player who does one thing REALLY well over a role player that does a couple of things at a pretty average rate. Yes, Belinelli is better at getting his own shot but he's still below average. So it's "fantastic 3pt shooter and poor shot creator" or "slightly above average 3pt shooter and below average shot creator".

And yes, it's a throwaway because Rose is out. He's arguably the best PG in the NBA. The offense is built around him. His replacements are not above average players. That screams, "first round exit, at best."

Hornets with Chris Paul? Playoff team. Same team without him? Lottery.

....I can't believe I'm complimenting Derrick Rose. Must be going senile.

Stunner
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Some can try and justify the Bulls off-season all they want, but it's pretty clear it wasn't at all impressive, and that they only got worse. Saved money? Yes. Congrats on your owner keeping his pockets fat. However, the team will suffer for it.

Dumb post

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Thats not entirely acurate because Hinrich directly upgrades the starting lineup. Apparently that gets lost on people.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Heres my suggestion: Tank the season. Gradually bring rose back starting in march (emphasis on gradually). Trade or amnesty boozer. Resign taj and butler. Move noah or deng for a quality starting C or SF for picks (purpose is to save $$). Try to sign love, harden, Paul George, kawhi Leonard, Or anyone else who can create for themselves (throw max $$ at them). Based on summer league, secure Malcolm Thomas to a 2-3 yr deal.

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
We upgraded in nearly every position of the bench outside of Asik (houston can have his fatass contract) and you guys think we'll be a lottery team?

You idiots have to remember, Thibs made Watson the player he was, he was medicore on teams before and he became decent with the Bulls, Kyle couldn't play defense worth **** and now hes decent, Ronnie is Ronnie but people forget he got BENCHED in the playoffs last year in favor of Butler because he played so poorly....

Jesus christ people are so short sighted.

Hinrich is a much better first than Watson was for the Bulls. Hey Wats, you had a decent season with the Bulls but you played like **** in the playoffs and made some dumb *** mistakes. See ya.

Korver, you made some clutch shots for us, thanks but you played like **** in the playoffs so See ya.

Ronnie, you played great defense for us, but you know what you're lack of offense really hurt us in the playoffs. See ya.

This new bench mob will be just as good as the old one if not better/younger/cheaper.

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Whether the bulls are better or not, they knew they were prolly going to have an exit early anyway so why waste the money?

DamnGoat
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
So replacing expensive bench players with more cost effective alternatives (some of which are actually better) equates to getting worse?

The only reason the Bulls may be worse next year is because Derrick Rose is going to miss most of the season, not because they replaced their backups.

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Heres my suggestion: Tank the season. Gradually bring rose back starting in march (emphasis on gradually). Trade or amnesty boozer. Resign taj and butler. Move noah or deng for a quality starting C or SF for picks (purpose is to save $$). Try to sign love, harden, Paul George, kawhi Leonard, Or anyone else who can create for themselves (throw max $$ at them). Based on summer league, secure Malcolm Thomas to a 2-3 yr deal.

I'm assuming your a Bulls fan right? Do you think Thibs will ever tank?

And why do you think we're signing all these players to short term contracts? So when we amnesty Boozer, Deng's contract is finally up, we can sign Love and Harden, I love how people get so pissed off at our front office but then they aren't looking in the long run.

JB said we should have picked up JJ from Atlanta, you think if we traded for him we could afford guys like Love or Harden in the long run?

Bulls are trying to do their best for NOW and the future.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
This became a stupid thread with trolls coming in and saying the bulls will suck.. WELL.... no sh1t sherlock we lost the mvp and we lost a buncha players, its not like we could actually do anything else with their offseason.

tell me how to improve this team by making actual.. GOOD trades while maintaining a good core in deng rose and noah.

Just wondering why you'd want to keep deng AND Noah?

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
So replacing expensive bench players with more cost effective alternatives (some of which are actually better) equates to getting worse?

The only reason the Bulls may be worse next year is because Derrick Rose is going to miss most of the season, not because they replaced their backups.

This. I loved our bench mob but I love how when we have the best record in the league people said our bench mob was overrated but all of a sudden we replaced our bench mob where in certain cases for better players, we're going to be a lottery team?

Only reason we might become a lottery team is Derrick Rose will miss majority of the season, and if we do become that lottery team, that should solidify Rose's MVP even more from two years ago.

Cubby
07-25-2012, 09:36 PM

He actually played well towards the end of the season when he was finally recovering from injury. He's still better than Watson.

Our only downgrade is Asik. I don't see how people can deny that when the facts are right there. Then again, the NBA Forum is a cesspool 100% of the time. All the facts go in, but nothing comes out.

jimm120
07-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Because all their new players are downgrades of what they had. But honestly, if I'm the Bulls this season, you tank, wait till next year when Rose is 100%, amnesty Boozer, and hope you get a good draft pick. Also take a splash in the 2013 free agency. They can set themselves up nicely if they want.

exactly. I know you still want a team intact for when Rose comes back but still, Rose IS the team. Without Rose, its just a bunch of good role players.

I would trade all the good role players (Deng, Boozer, Noah, etc) for lottery picks, tank the season, and then draft 3 lottery players that will go along with Rose next year.

They're already not gonna be a serious threat without Rose. Its kind of like the Ewing teams of the early/mid 90's. If Ewing was out, who did they have to score? Starks? Mason? Yeah, not pretty. That's how I view the Rose' Bulls. Without him the team just doesn't have much of a chance.

I'd do everything I could to trade the salary they have for 2 lottery picks and then tank to get a high lottery pick.

3 lottery picks, Rose, and free agents (from the salary they have open up) should be enough for them to compete.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm assuming your a Bulls fan right? Do you think Thibs will ever tank?

And why do you think we're signing all these players to short term contracts? So when we amnesty Boozer, Deng's contract is finally up, we can sign Love and Harden, I love how people get so pissed off at our front office but then they aren't looking in the long run.

JB said we should have picked up JJ from Atlanta, you think if we traded for him we could afford guys like Love or Harden in the long run?

Bulls are trying to do their best for NOW and the future.

Lol, NOW??? No. I'm pretty sure garpax knows this season is lost. They'll never say it obviously for PR issues. Their doing their best FOR THE FUTURE. not now.

I say trade or amnesty boozer just to get something back. Either a quality big man or picks. Doesn't have to be an all star just someone who can make an impact.

Dengs contract is up. But why let him leave for nothing? Let's trade his *** for picks or another quality player. No team will trade an Allstar caliber player for deng let's get someone who can play the 2 or 3.

I think ppl are pissed at our front office bc in reality, they didn't make moves that had a "plan B". This team shouldn't have gone under with roses injury. Deng, boozer, or Noah are not viable second options. I don't blame FO for boozer, but deng and/or Noah should have been moved to back up rose.

keetyweedy
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

this lol

Cubby
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Hinrich<Watson because Watson honestly sucked and couldn't run the floor. Was also terrible in the P&R as well, making Boozer essentially useless. Hinrich is much better at these things.

Butler>Brewer because although Brewer is slightly better defensively, he has no offensive game at all. Butler can drive, draw contact, shoot, you name it. His jump shot has also progressed since last year.

Belinelli>Korver for the sole fact that Marco can create his own shot. While Korver is a better shooter, he always needs to be set up. Beli is also much more athletic and is younger and cheaper. He can still grow as a player and if he can progress defensively like Korver did, we have a much better player and possibly a sixth man off the bench.

Asik>Nazr. That's obvious, but we couldn't afford to pay Asik that much. Still a downgrade, nonetheless.

Rad>Scal. At least Rad can contribute by shooting.

If we sign Malcolm Thomas, we most likely have a Taj-lite off the bench too and that's a hell of a lot better than Lucas.

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Lol, NOW??? No. I'm pretty sure garpax knows this season is lost. They'll never say it obviously for PR issues. Their doing their best FOR THE FUTURE. not now.

I say trade or amnesty boozer just to get something back. Either a quality big man or picks. Doesn't have to be an all star just someone who can make an impact.

Dengs contract is up. But why let him leave for nothing? Let's trade his *** for picks or another quality player. No team will trade an Allstar caliber player for deng let's get someone who can play the 2 or 3.

I think ppl are pissed at our front office bc in reality, they didn't make moves that had a "plan B". This team shouldn't have gone under with roses injury. Deng, boozer, or Noah are not viable second options. I don't blame FO for boozer, but deng and/or Noah should have been moved to back up rose.

Don't you think if we could find a quality big man we would have traded Boozer already?

As for Deng, how do you know he won't come back and sign with the Bulls for a much smaller contract?

Also, why should there have been a plan B? We were serious contenders until Rose tore his ACL in game 1. Nobody could have planned for that.

Cubby
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Why do I even come in here anymore? Nobody here even knows what they're talking about.

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I find it interesting that some people say it's obvious that the bench got worse, while others say it's obvious the bench got better. And it seems they're all Bulls fans...

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
I find it interesting that some people say it's obvious that the bench got worse, while others say it's obvious the bench got better. And it seems they're all Bulls fans...

I find it interesting because I've heard the same crap from the same people last year and the years before.

Bulls fans know what we had. A struggling Kyle Korver, a struggling Ronnie Brewer, and a struggling CJ Watson. Like we said, the only one that really hurt was Asik.

effen5
07-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Why do I even come in here anymore? Nobody here even knows what they're talking about.

You know whats funny, its not even the NBA forum now but its also the Bulls forum too.

monzternipz12
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Don't you think if we could find a quality big man we would have traded Boozer already?

As for Deng, how do you know he won't come back and sign with the Bulls for a much smaller contract?

Also, why should there have been a plan B? We were serious contenders until Rose tore his ACL in game 1. Nobody could have planned for that.

We don't know if there was a quality big man avail for boozer. You're not in the FO. And we don't know if there will be one avail in summer 2013. Hence, my suggestion for the FUTURE. Not the past.

If deng takes a smaller contract, great, but it better be A lot smaller than it is now. The problem is that we already know what we're gonna get in deng. Great defense, slightly above avg offense. Im saying lets take chances. Move deng or Noah. Let's take a chance moving one of those two. We already know, rose Hamilton deng boozer Noah won't work. Even without roses injury, our success against the heat had huge question marks. Let's change what's not working. I feel like deng has already peaked. Move him.

And there should always be a plan B. Always.

rubx3
07-25-2012, 10:18 PM
rose gave the team hope...

ďThe way I look at it within myself, why not? Why canít I be the MVP of
the League? Why canít I be the best player in the League? I donít see
why-why-why canít I do that? I think I work hard, I think I dedicate
myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age and I
know if I continue to do good, what I can get out of it and if thatís me
going out or doing whatever, Iím willing to do it because I know in the
long run, itís going to help me.Ē -Derrick Rose

thibs is overrated, going get exposed next year without rose

theheatles
07-25-2012, 10:35 PM
watson had to go and korver can be such a liability at times but losing asik and brewer will hurt bad losing your 2nd best wing defender and 2nd best post defender

jp611
07-25-2012, 10:37 PM

Watson was terrible last season dude... I love CJ, big fan of his, but Kirk is just a much better fit

jp611
07-25-2012, 10:40 PM
watson had to go and korver can be such a liability at times but losing asik and brewer will hurt bad losing your 2nd best wing defender and 2nd best post defender

Butler>Brewer

Losing Asik will be a tough one but I expect Taj to see starter minutes this year playing quite a bit of center, breakout season for him

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

yeah, this.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
The Bulls know they are not contending this year with a wasted season by Rose (sorry Bulls fans, many of you know this is true, others are hoping for a miracle or blind). May as well shed salary, get out of the luxury tax, and make sure next summer you can shed deals and amnesty Boozer, and sign a real piece or two.

RCarlson85
07-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Lol that's hilarious! Even if all 4 pairs of players were considered equal, they still haven't improved their team (unless you're talking about cutting some costs) at all, not to mention the fact that they will be without their best player for most of the season. They needed to make a big move to have a real shot next season, not replace players with players that are equal or worse.

b@llhog24
07-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Lol. :laugh2:

Butler>Brewer

Losing Asik will be a tough one but I expect Taj to see starter minutes this year playing quite a bit of center, breakout season for him

:drool:

CubZwin38
07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Lets break it down.

You lose Korver for Bellaneli, Korver and Marco both talented shooters Marco is younger, but Korver is better
Heinrich and Watson, Watson was a top 10 defensive guard, he's now on Brooklyn's bench, Heinrich vet PG.. equal

Honestly the Bulls didn't inprove or decrease in much, they will still make the playoffs, they still will be a top 4 or 5 seed. The coaching staff is too good.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Bulls bringing back Captain Kirk but to say Watson was a top 10 defensive guard? On what planet? That's not even a funny joke.

Shkelqim
07-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Kyle Korver's 3's. uhh irreplaceable.

MrFastBreak
07-25-2012, 11:15 PM

They're not significantly worse IF they are worse. You cant really judge an outcome by just a glance either. I dont think its much of a change except the preservation of money. I guess youre looking for an OVERNIGHT improvement, a quick fix. The game doesnt work like that buddy. They see their man DRose is down and seems to me like they're ready to bring in some more guys that can change the game (next years free agency) or why else would they be saving money? I dont know, to make their team worse? Well sometimes you have to struggle to make progress. It takes time.

But its not fair to bash an offseason thats not even through yet.

Now thats Passion and Determination. I like it.

toronto will do better than chicago. book it

I will.

You guys went from championship contenders last year to playoff hopefuls this year. How quickly things change. I hope the Bulls can make a quick rebuild before the following season. They should amnesty Carlos Boozer

Chip contenders? Looks like people really set some high expectations and you really believe they can rebuild and contend next season? Wow, just goes to show how unrealistic some people think. Some teams need repair and you cant do it overnight. Its not that easy to build a team as some make it sound.

CubZwin38
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
So this guy who posted this thread didn't really know what he was talking about but that doesn't mean the rest of you have to be a little lemming and follow his lead. It comes down to a whole lot more than PPG.

The worst offense though is all of you comparing the players you're comparing. Radmonavich compared to Brewer? WTH!? Radmonavich is the last guy off the bench for this team next year. Brewer is replaced by Jimmy Butler who half of you probably didn't even know the man existed until now. And anyone who thinks it would have been a good idea for the Bulls to match Houston's offer is out of their mind.

That being said, what in the Hel! did you guys expect the Bulls to do? Sign OJ Mayo? Trade for Courtney Lee? Trade for Dwight? The Bulls did the best with what this offseason offered and yes...the only thing that really matters right now is waiting for Rose to come back.

Bulls_fan90
07-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Bulls suck, they will go 0-82. Scal>>>>Chicago.

CubZwin38
07-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Kyle Korver's 3's. uhh irreplaceable.

Streaky as hell dude. Do you guys even watch basketball? Irreplaceable? Wow.

TO Rapz
07-25-2012, 11:20 PM
That and Rose died, so.

Bulls_fan90
07-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Yaa he passed away shortly after Scal was released. Coincidence?

king4day
07-25-2012, 11:28 PM
I think Chicago did what they did since they knew Rose will miss most of the year. They'll have to turn this around and spend next offseason though.

Iceman_9
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Bulls deserve the bashing.

LA_Raiders
07-26-2012, 01:08 AM
They are just going to play it out next season... The following season they will build a good team for Rose...

Losoway
07-26-2012, 01:31 AM
i wish bulls fans will just admit they arent a playoff team this year. the fact you guys keep tryna convince people that you are is ..Bash worthy on its on

Theschrems101
07-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Bulls without rose are still better than the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, Pacers. I will predict 3rd seed.

Losoway
07-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Bulls without rose are still better than the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, Pacers. I will predict 3rd seed.

lmaoo

Chi~TwnHawksFan
07-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

your PSD name reallllly fits you eh?

Hinrich is better than watson..its not even an argument..

Asik is soooo one dimensional and hes not worth tht salary at all

Brewer to me is the biggest lose because of his defense and his offensive game which IMPROVED

and then korver is ehh..i never liked him. Radmo isnt bad, ill take him over korver because of the $$$

GREATNESS ONE
07-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Hope the Bulls the best of luck but this is not their season next year. Tank and get a stud in the draft, I know that's highly unlikely but they need D-Rose. Bad.

TheRunKiller
07-26-2012, 04:02 AM
That and Rose died, so.

yeah ok we'll see come March

TheRunKiller
07-26-2012, 04:03 AM

I hope its true

naps
07-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Besides Hinrich others are pretty much useless. I love how Bulls fans highly rate players as long as they are Bulls and then act like they were nothing when they leave. Vice versa when a new one arrives.

BobbyHillSwag
07-26-2012, 08:17 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say bulls wont be getting the 1st seed in the east this season

quade36
07-26-2012, 08:24 AM
i wish bulls fans will just admit they arent a playoff team this year. the fact you guys keep tryna convince people that you are is ..Bash worthy on its on

I wish non-bulls fans who believe the Bulls aren't a playoff team would just admit Derrick Rose has the greatest WAR in basketball history therefore should be considered the greatest player in basketball history.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say they will drop 30 games more without Rose (regardless if he only played a half a season last year because if you take that into consideration your argument is even more ridiculous)

Unless of course, like I mentioned to a previous poster, you are just trolling around to get reaction. If so, well very cool on your part. :cool:

They certainly won't win 60 games. But they still have talent and a great coach, they'll be fine.

eternal slumber
07-26-2012, 08:45 AM
any top 4 team should worry being matched against the Bulls because the record they'll have will not reflect how good the team is especially when Rose comes back in March.

sharqstealth
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
To lose 4 rotation players, the biggest thing the Bulls lost in this replacement of players is team chemistry!

IndyRealist
07-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Then it's not fair to say they got better yet, either.

Blitzbolt
07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
No one cares about 1st place in the east or west Look at the Spurs they end up first 3 straight years.

BKLYNpigeon
07-26-2012, 09:35 AM
The Bulls arent going anywhere if they going to stay under the Luxury Tax.

ATX
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
any top 4 team should worry being matched against the Bulls because the record they'll have will not reflect how good the team is especially when Rose comes back in March.

I don't think Miami or Boston will have much to worry about. Perhaps Indiana and New York. Miami beat a better Bulls team in 5 games 2 seasons ago, and Miami has improved significantly since then. We'll have to wait and see how they construct the Bulls team after this season before I feel any aingst about Chicago.

eternal slumber
07-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't think Miami or Boston will have much to worry about. Perhaps Indiana and New York. Miami beat a better Bulls team in 5 games 2 seasons ago, and Miami has improved significantly since then. We'll have to wait and see how they construct the Bulls team after this season before I feel any aingst about Chicago.

i agree with Miami here but not totally sold against Boston.

also, i see the Heat being the top in the East easily so they won't will not be match-up against Miami.

maybe they'll be matched up in the second round but totally not the first.

Rezar
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I think we upgraded to be honest. It's not like any of the players we lost lead the team when Rose was out. Every fan still got upset with boozer for lack of points but we all forget how Watson can't consistently take it to the hoop or shoot with consistency, neither can Korver (who needs to be WIDE open to hit a 3) or Brewer who can't shoot for his life. We got better shooters and less cost and didn't have to sign a 7 footer who can't dunk or use his size properly in the paint. The guys we lost created lots of aggrevation and I can't forget any of it.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
The only true loss was Omer. If haters actually watched a whole season of games like the fans do they would see how one dimensional Korver and Brewer are and how Watson and Lucas are not point guards.

effen5
07-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Butler =/> Brewer
Nazr < Asik
Belinelli = Korver
Hinrich > Watson
Rad > Scal

Now everybody shut the **** up.

phi2134
07-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner!

Muttman73
07-26-2012, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=Delusional;23098034]Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

That's why the Bulls have been bashed this offseason.[/QUOTE

If you really believe this than your name is spot on Mr. D.

flclfanman
07-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Lets break it down.

Yeah okay. Maybe that's why Lou Williams lit him up in the playoffs.And if you're raving about CJ's defense, you should see Kirk play. Yeah he's slower, but the def. is there.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I know everyone on here loves to hate on the Bulls for whatever reason, but you guys are missing the point of what they are doing. THEY ARE TRYING TO DUMP SALARY to make a move next offseason. Who cares if they lost their bench players, thats not going to make Derrick Rose heal any faster.

Also, anyone that thought they should have matched Houston's offer for Omar Asik is a basketball ******. 25 million for 4 points a game. Give me a break...especially when it means they would only be able to resign him or Taj. Taj is a much better player than Omar.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
The Bulls arent going anywhere if they going to stay under the Luxury Tax.

Spending all their money on medicore free agents isn't going to take them anywhere either. Don't be so short sided.

dalton749
07-26-2012, 11:40 AM
They're gonna be soooo bad. Sitting with the bobcats bad if deng gets surgery. U won some games in an incredibly weak ecf last year. Half the teams were tanking...
U will be fighting for 8th by the end of the season

quade36
07-26-2012, 11:54 AM
They're gonna be soooo bad. Sitting with the bobcats bad if deng gets surgery. U won some games in an incredibly weak ecf last year. Half the teams were tanking...
U will be fighting for 8th by the end of the season

wow. Talk about overrating deng here. Without him you say they win 15 games, with him 40.
You must think deng is one of the greatest ever. This along with the other guy who things rose is the greatest ever. I am shocked people didn't value the bulls more before when clearly these two players combined war is 45.

Punk
07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I have a feeling the Bulls will be the 6th seed and win about 45 games. Noah and Deng having to carry the defensive load in the East against Wade/LeBron, Pierce/KG, Melo/Amare/Tyson, Johnson/Lopez, Granger/Hibbert, etc will be a huge task and they are injury prone players as well and I don't think they will be that healthy this season.

Spending all their money on medicore free agents isn't going to take them anywhere either. Don't be so short sided.

You have to pay to win.

-LA pays to win.
-Miami pays to win.
-NY pays to win.

The plan to to pair Rose with a star or superstar. In that case, they will have to pay the tax in some way shape or form. Even OKC who made their legacy off rookie deals for star players will have to pay up.

D-Leethal
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Every single one of those dudes is a downgrade. They are all older, past their prime whereas the guys you had were all younger, with more potential, and have either yet to enter their prime or were currently in their prime.

kingkenny01
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
These move will be great when they dont make the playoffs, win a rigged lottery and get shabazz Muhammad

ManRam
07-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Asik
Korver
Brewer
Watson.

New guys-
Bellaneli
Nazr Mohhamed
Hinrich
Radmonovich

That's a pretty poor way to compare it. At least normalize the scoring in a per 36/48 minute way. Belinelli isn't going to be getting 30 minutes a game.

Also, defense matters. A HUGE downgrade.

It's not that simple, not at all :laugh:

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
uhh they are all downgrades. for a contender in a major market, who cares about the savings? they are going to be in rough shape until rose comes back.

D-Block21-Chito
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
A lot of us bulls fans are in denial. It's not that hard to see that we have downgraded in every position except KH > C.J.

justinnum1
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
A lot of us bulls fans are in denial. It's not that hard to see that we have downgraded in every position except KH > C.J.

Even that is questionable

cubbies7177
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
To be fair, losing rose was not just losing your go to guy, it ripped the heart out of the whole team. The second rose grabbed his knee the bulls were finished.
People just thought "we won in the regular season without Rose"
Not the same against a quality opponent in the playoffs.

wow, do you guys even watch the playoffs?

Why do you not seem to remember anything....

First off, no one thought we won anything without Rose. No real Bulls fan thinks that this team can win without Rose. It's just you idiots that saw a 14-6 run with the team when Rose went down the second time. You guys didn't pay attention to any of those games... you all are clearly just watching ESPN. We probably played 12+ sub .500 teams to get that record during that stretch. REPEAT: IF ROSE IS NOT HEALTHY, THE BULLS ARE SCREWED. WHAT DON'T PEOPLE GET ABOUT THIS? IF LEBRON IS NOT HEALTHY, THE HEAT ARE SCREWED. IF DURANT IS NOT HEALTHY, OKC IS SCREWED. To think that any team can win a title without their best player is ridiculous.

Second, it wasn't just Rose. HOW DO PEOPLE NOT REMEMBER JONO GETTING INJURED? That was the icing on the cake. If you gave us JoNo back, we could've taken Philly easily. It was Rose, then Joakim, then Taj briefly... while CJ/Rip were also battling injuries.

Man... we never even saw this team play at full potential, and you guys show no respect. That's how I know most of PSD is filled with retards. If it's not a superstar signing, it's got to be bad.

We understand that this year's lineup isn't a championship lineup. Everyone does.

1. Let's stay under the cap to avoid luxury tax and repeat penalties.
2. Sign these players to 1 or 2 year deals to get flexibility when the next batch of star FA's come out
3. Let's give Rose time to heal

WHAT DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? I got to stop looking at this forum. It's garbage.

cubbies7177
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
uhh they are all downgrades. for a contender in a major market, who cares about the savings? they are going to be in rough shape until rose comes back.

wow... YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NEW CBA.

knicks fans.. so f*cking ********. all you guys cry for is "more superstars"... have NO CONCEPT of strategy.... just like ur owner...

yeah maybe these are "downgrades" when you look at just skill level... but consider the money and flexibility we gain by not paying the tax and being able to potentially go after big FA's in 2 years. I think we did very well given the TINY amount of money we were willing to spend.

BobbyHillSwag
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Even that is questionable

not really, def when you consider defense

DAC09
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
The Bulls didn't need to get better this offseason. They know that DRose probably won't be 100% until the following season. They're not a playoff team with unless Hamilton and Noah stay healthy. That's not happening, therefore, why would they go out and get guys that would make you and 7-8 seed and hurt the future cap. Sign guys to short contracts, get a middle of the pack draft pick this year, entertain the fans by competing hard, and most likely trade up from your pick to get a true asset for 2013-2014. I will be intrigued with the development of Jimmy Butler and Teague this year. I want them to make strides so they can be excellent contributors in 2013-2014. ***Note Radmonivic is not Brewer's replacement. Butler is.*** Radmonivic is another guy to stretch the floor for when DRose gets back. This makes me think that Taj will play a lot more backup center this year. If that's the case, Radmonivic shooting>Taj's shooting and Taj at center>Asik.

kobebabe
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
They have done good as far as trying to meet their goal of Tanking the season while Rose gets well. In the process, they will get a lottery pick. whats wrong with that? :D

effen5
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM

Then why give up Lin? Maybe because of the new CBA? It's all about savings you dumbass or we could become the Knicks of 2000 decade...

MrFastBreak
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Then it's not fair to say they got better yet, either.

True. People just need to learn stop openin their mouths as soon as a move is made. Its why bulls fans are bashed so much because they are always trying to prove people wrong

DR_1
07-26-2012, 02:21 PM
The Bulls know they are not contending this year with a wasted season by Rose (sorry Bulls fans, many of you know this is true, others are hoping for a miracle or blind). May as well shed salary, get out of the luxury tax, and make sure next summer you can shed deals and amnesty Boozer, and sign a real piece or two.

Mod trolls Bulls fans in the NBA forum, what else is new?

I thought you were better than that Hawkeye.

dalton749
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM
wow. Talk about overrating deng here. Without him you say they win 15 games, with him 40.
You must think deng is one of the greatest ever. This along with the other guy who things rose is the greatest ever. I am shocked people didn't value the bulls more before when clearly these two players combined war is 45.

i said near the end of the of the season meaning d rose is back too dummy.

and charlotte will win closer to 20 games this year and the bulls without deng/rose/ all the changes aren't winning over 30 in a year that most of the bottom dwellers have improved. you're out all three of your point guards so there goes any chemistry to start the season. playing defence and playing through boozer isnt going to get many wins.

you will fight your way back into the mix with toronto, washington, milwaukee and atlanta near the end or tank

bearadonisdna
07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
To say the bulls arent playoff contenders is hogwash.

Guess what, the moves around the east werent even that big.

This is a number sedded team who didnt lose any starters. Upgraded the pg position and still have their best bench player taj.

Retooling a bench is not a death sentence.
Stop acting like clowns.

JasonJohnHorn
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
They made some decent signings and are getting better value for their money, but that said, they would have been better had they kept their roster together, especially Asik.

But teams go through times like these. Their players get offered big contracts and it is not always possible to match them, so the best you can do is try to find some bargain players, and the Bulls did a pretty good job of that.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
http://basketball.real gm.com/wiretap/222642/Warriors_Bulls_Clippers_Wizards_Bobcats_Hornets_So nics/Thunder_Have_Never_Paid_Luxury_Tax

A little off topic, but i had no idea the Bulls have never paid the luxury tax. How in the hell have Bulls fans said that their owner isn't a cheap bastard. That guy ****ing blows lol.

Even in the mist of the HEAT winning the championship, he still decides to gut the team in order to not pay the tax. As long as he's there, the Bulls will not win a championship.

TheRunKiller
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Butler =/> Brewer
Nazr < Asik
Belinelli = Korver
Hinrich > Watson
Rad > Scal

Now everybody shut the **** up.

this x 100

Southsideheat
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
going into the luxury tax and especially above the apron is going to kill teams in these next few years. Bulls are simply being smart to remain as flexible as possible when their star returns from injury.

But you can't really expect a PSD crowd to look past a month or so in advanced.

Lake_Show2416
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
horrible off season, only decent player picked up was Hinirch every1 else is a scrub lucky to b on a team

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
WOW...people really don't understand how the CBA works. Its all about hoarding cash so the Bulls can pair Rose with a superstar next year during free agency. They will amnesty Boozer after this year, trade either Deng or Noah and have a boat load of cash to offer 2 max contracts.

But then I'm sure people on this website will be *****ing about how their bench is getting weaker. UNDERSTAND THE BULLS ARE WORKING ON LONGER THAN A ONE YEAR PLAN. Why would they spend money on their bench this year when they probably won't compete? If they did they'd be no better than the Knicks, and that would be a sad day.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
horrible off season, only decent player picked up was Hinirch every1 else is a scrub lucky to b on a team

your an idiot. Your talking about bench players.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
going into the luxury tax and especially above the apron is going to kill teams in these next few years. Bulls are simply being smart to remain as flexible as possible when their star returns from injury.

But you can't really expect a PSD crowd to look past a month or so in advanced.

This. Finally somebody who gets it.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm shocked and horrified that people actually believe Omar Asik is worth 25 million dollars!! Unless they are just saying that so they'd have something bad to say about the Bulls.

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Then why give up Lin? Maybe because of the new CBA? It's all about savings you dumbass or we could become the Knicks of 2000 decade...

listen clown...

a. im not a knicks fan so don't give me that ****

b. the knicks gave up lin b/c they're ********, dolan is an emotional child and morey played it perfectly. not because it saved them money.

c. it's all about savings? isn't this a competitive sports? where you try to win?

think before you type champ. didn't realize chicago fans were such softies.

effen5
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I love how everyone here is *****ing about our bench players....BENCH PLAYERS....

They are the easiest pieces to replace and we did that while cutting costs.

Losoway
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
chicago fans are emotional

effen5
07-26-2012, 05:42 PM
listen clown...

a. im not a knicks fan so don't give me that ****

b. the knicks gave up lin b/c they're ********, dolan is an emotional child and morey played it perfectly. not because it saved them money.

c. it's all about savings? isn't this a competitive sports? where you try to win?

think before you type champ. didn't realize chicago fans were such softies.

No you listen, people are bashing at the Bulls because we made cost saving moves and we didn't sign any "big name" players.

How about you ask those people

a) Who the **** do we sign that will get us over the hump NEXT YEAR?

Instead of wasting money this offseason where your biggest FA name was Jeremy Lin how about pick up decent players (who happen to be as good as the players we had last year) and plan for the future.

effen5
07-26-2012, 05:43 PM
chicago fans are emotional

Because Chicago fans live and die by their teams...its nothing new.

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
No you listen, people are bashing at the Bulls because we made cost saving moves and we didn't sign any "big name" players.

How about you ask those people

a) Who the **** do we sign that will get us over the hump NEXT YEAR?

Instead of wasting money this offseason where your biggest FA name was Jeremy Lin how about pick up decent players (who happen to be as good as the players we had last year) and plan for the future.

lmao. "my bulls". get a grip son.

jeremy lin is better than all of the guys the bulls signed, and it's not a cap-killing move.

you asked the freaking question and then started crying when people gave you answers. i understand the cap-cutting. i don't understand letting cheap young players walk and replacing them with slightly cheaper, terrible players. none of the replacements are good, and it's not like the team dumped 20 mil in salary.

it's just my ****ing opinion. don't want peoples opinions? don't make a goddamn thread.

honestly.

effen5
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
and I can't believe you guys are bashing the Bulls because of their bench, its so hypocrital when you guys bashed this same bench last playoffs...

effen5
07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
lmao. "my bulls". get a grip son.

jeremy lin is better than all of the guys the bulls signed, and it's not a cap-killing move.

you asked the freaking question and then started crying when people gave you answers. i understand the cap-cutting. i don't understand letting cheap young players walk and replacing them with slightly cheaper, terrible players. none of the replacements are good, and it's not like the team dumped 20 mil in salary.

it's just my ****ing opinion. don't want peoples opinions? don't make a goddamn thread.

honestly.

We didn't dump 20 mil?

Asik would have been 5.5
Kyle Korver 5
Ronnie Brewer 4.37
CJ Watson 3.2

They dumped 18 mil....is that close enough?

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 05:56 PM
We didn't dump 20 mil?

Asik would have been 5.5
Kyle Korver 5
Ronnie Brewer 4.37
CJ Watson 3.2

They dumped 18 mil....is that close enough?

:facepalm:

oh so the new guys are all free?

you did the math in the OP. i'm done here.

justinnum1
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
and I can't believe you guys are bashing the Bulls because of their bench, its so hypocrital when you guys bashed this same bench last playoffs...

That bench was the best bench in the league. Everything fromt their chemistry to their defense was the reason

watson
brewer
deng
gibson
asik

usually killed opposing benches and even starting units.

IF bulls fans want to act like homers and say the bench is not any worse, feel free. But anyone who thinks their bench isn't any worse is fooling themselves.

bearadonisdna
07-26-2012, 10:49 PM
That bench was the best bench in the league. Everything fromt their chemistry to their defense was the reason

watson
brewer
deng
gibson
asik

IF bulls fans want to act like homers and say the bench is not any worse, feel free. But anyone who thinks their bench isn't any worse is fooling themselves.

It depends how u look at it. I give this bulls team a better chance at beating last years 6ers than last years bulls.

Thats how the bulls have to look at it. I dont know why u guys are wearing blinders. The vaunted bulls bench sucked in the playoffs. Point blank. There was no reason to keep them at their high salaries.

Someone said they were cheap and young. Well they werent cheap, and the bulls went younger. And btw deng is a starter and Bulls still have taj.
Two of the players the bulls let go signed for minimum so there wasnt that much interest in these cant lose players.

bearadonisdna
07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
http://basketball.real gm.com/wiretap/222642/Warriors_Bulls_Clippers_Wizards_Bobcats_Hornets_So nics/Thunder_Have_Never_Paid_Luxury_Tax

A little off topic, but i had no idea the Bulls have never paid the luxury tax. How in the hell have Bulls fans said that their owner isn't a cheap bastard. That guy ****ing blows lol.

Even in the mist of the HEAT winning the championship, he still decides to gut the team in order to not pay the tax. As long as he's there, the Bulls will not win a championship.

Wrong answer. The bulls are currently over the tax. Retaining any other the contracts they let go would have put them over the apron which imposes a hard cap. Bulls want to avoid the hard cap for obvious reasons.

Learn something.

akagiredsuns
07-26-2012, 11:30 PM
It's sad to see so many people defending Kirk Hinrich like he's gonna play as if he came fresh out of Kansas again. :laugh2: The guy has lost a step. This hopeless optimism is cute, but lame. As for Asik, paying someone $15M for 3ppg 5 reb is ABSURD. But others here will claim to be know-it-alls. Butler will be under a lot of pressure to step up, no thanks to every Bulls fan on PSD, & all this hype with Bellinelli is just that hype. Watson was a good backup and Brewer is heads and shoulders above VLAD BAD even if Brewer didn't have a jumper.

Get real people. This is DOWNGRADE city. Decent players walked & while others were striking oil, the Bulls were at the recycling center getting scraps. Bulls will be lucky to be 43-39. One & done in the first round.

justinnum1
07-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Wrong answer. The bulls are currently over the tax. Retaining any other the contracts they let go would have put them over the apron which imposes a hard cap. Bulls want to avoid the hard cap for obvious reasons.

Learn something.

Yea, the owner is cheap as hell.

bearadonisdna
07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
It's sad to see so many people defending Kirk Hinrich like he's gonna play as if he came fresh out of Kansas again. :laugh2: The guy has lost a step. This hopeless optimism is cute, but lame. As for Asik, paying someone $15M for 3ppg 5 reb is ABSURD. But others here will claim to be know-it-alls. Butler will be under a lot of pressure to step up, no thanks to every Bulls fan on PSD, & all this hype with Bellinelli is just that hype. Watson was a good backup and Brewer is heads and shoulders above VLAD BAD even if Brewer didn't have a jumper.

Get real people. This is DOWNGRADE city. Decent players walked & while others were striking oil, the Bulls were at the recycling center getting scraps. Bulls will be lucky to be 43-39. One & done in the first round.

Oh really? In case u havent heard, Jimmy made the all summer league team. Prosportsdaily didnt have anything to do with that bro.

monzternipz12
07-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Some bulls fans are failing to recognize that the whole point of the season is to WIN A RING!!!!! Anything else is failure. I dont give **** about seeding. If I don't see a party in Grant Park after the season then that means we failed. THIS ROSTER WILL NOT WIN A RING!!!! Even a healthy rose included will not win a ring. Chicago fans need to stop being satisfied with just mediocre. This season has no hope.
For example:
Do we really need a big press conference for signing Hinrich? Nope. It's just bulls management trying to make it seem they improved.
Butler made the all summer league. Great. Who the hell was his competition??? (let's be honest, he wasn't that great)
Teague. Should we really be excited for a PG who can't shoot?? Nope
So then our starters: deng has peaked. He won't be any faster, more athletic, or a better shooter. Noah, only defense and rebounding. Boozer, decent offense invisible defense. Hamilton, aging guard whos coming off an injury plagued season.
The only bright spot is taj Gibson. He's proven to be dependable on both ends of the floor. If you watch closely, taj is the reason why Asik was so "successful."
And hopefully we can add Malcolm Thomas so that we can amnesty/trade boozer next season for something.
How long do we have to wait for mirotic?

justinnum1
07-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Oh really? In case u havent heard, Jimmy made the all summer league team. Prosportsdaily didnt have anything to do with that bro.

It's summer league bro.:eyebrow:

jam
07-27-2012, 12:34 AM
I like watching the bulls play. They may not have the most physically gifted players, but they play harder than just about any team in the league. And they're very selfless. The entire stadium has the feel and enthusiasm of college ball, too, very unique.

Thibs is a hands-on kind of a guy, unlike most nba coaches who kick back and try to manage personalities for the brief stint that they're around.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-27-2012, 01:01 AM
I love how everyone here is *****ing about our bench players....BENCH PLAYERS....

They are the easiest pieces to replace and we did that while cutting costs.

lmao. Now you know how we felt when everyone was *****ing about the Heat's bench.

Southsideheat
07-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Yea, the owner is cheap as hell.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

learn something instead of responding like a child. It'll be better for all of us.

effen5
07-27-2012, 10:48 AM

watson
brewer
deng
gibson
asik

That was the product of Thibs system. Watson and Brewer played like absolute **** last year. People forget that. Butler and JL3 actually played in substitute of them.

Like I said, Asik is the only big blow but he was a huge offensive liability. Nazr can actually catch the ball though.

effen5
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Some bulls fans are failing to recognize that the whole point of the season is to WIN A RING!!!!! Anything else is failure. I dont give **** about seeding. If I don't see a party in Grant Park after the season then that means we failed. THIS ROSTER WILL NOT WIN A RING!!!! Even a healthy rose included will not win a ring. Chicago fans need to stop being satisfied with just mediocre. This season has no hope.
For example:
Do we really need a big press conference for signing Hinrich? Nope. It's just bulls management trying to make it seem they improved.
Butler made the all summer league. Great. Who the hell was his competition??? (let's be honest, he wasn't that great)
Teague. Should we really be excited for a PG who can't shoot?? Nope
So then our starters: deng has peaked. He won't be any faster, more athletic, or a better shooter. Noah, only defense and rebounding. Boozer, decent offense invisible defense. Hamilton, aging guard whos coming off an injury plagued season.
The only bright spot is taj Gibson. He's proven to be dependable on both ends of the floor. If you watch closely, taj is the reason why Asik was so "successful."
And hopefully we can add Malcolm Thomas so that we can amnesty/trade boozer next season for something.
How long do we have to wait for mirotic?

Nipple, what exactly would you have done to improve this team? Trade for Dwight? It takes two to tangle and if the second team doesn't want to trade with us (Memphis for example) what the hell do you want this team to do?

D-Leethal
07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Why haven't they amnestied Boozer yet?

effen5
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Why haven't they amnestied Boozer yet?

Because it makes no sense right now.

If we amnestied Boozer, who would back up Taj?

We'll amnesty Boozer when Miritic comes over.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I think the bulls put together a good team and made a run for a championship. But, that lineup wasn't going to last. So, they are looking past this next year a bit. I also think Kirk will be better than people think. Loosing korver and asik will hurt, but let's see what these other acquisitions will do. The bulls are probably going to be better than people think come playoff time.

bearadonisdna
07-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Now throw in lucas and scals ppg scoring. It pushes it to 36. 4 ppg lost.

Now throw in Nate Robinsons ppg scoring and tmacs. Its 36.8 ppg gained.

Thats not even including all -summer league player Jimmy Butler or 1st round draft pick Teague.

monzternipz12
07-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Nipple, what exactly would you have done to improve this team? Trade for Dwight? It takes two to tangle and if the second team doesn't want to trade with us (Memphis for example) what the hell do you want this team to do?

I want them to take a chance. I don't blame them for the boozer signing. They went balls out by freeing up cap space to go for the home run in the big 3 two summers ago. It didn't work out but at least they tried. They've had more than enough opportunities to roll the dice on either deng, Noah, or boozer. All three of them have peaked. Noah will never develop an offensive game that we need. Deng will never somehow become quicker or more athletic. And boozer will never magically make an effort on defense. We need guys with an upside, AT ALL COSTS!!! Overpaying for several pieces doesn't seem so unreasonable if theres a trophy. The Chicago bulls make more than enough $$$. Overpaying for someone will not take $$ out of anyone's pockets. Luxury tax??? Mngmnt needs to pay it if that increases our chances for a trophy. You think rose is so loyal to Chicago, which he probably is, but could you blame him if he left after his contract is done if the FO continually puts the wrong pieces together?? I wouldn't.

monzternipz12
07-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Now throw in lucas and scals ppg scoring. It pushes it to 36. 4 ppg lost.

Now throw in Nate Robinsons ppg scoring and tmacs. Its 36.8 ppg gained.

Thats not even including all -summer league player Jimmy Butler or 1st round draft pick Teague.

This is really your process of thinking???

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:13 AM

Its a particular point of view especially when people say ' where are the Bulls gonna get offense from?'

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:17 AM

And what is ur process of thinking? Oh the only way to get better is to take chances and spend big. They did that already and it didnt work.

monzternipz12
07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
And what is ur process of thinking? Oh the only way to get better is to take chances and spend big. They did that already and it didnt work.

When did they take chances and spend big???
You do understand you're getting slightly excited for Nate Robinson right??

The goods
07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Done deal.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
When did they take chances and spend big???
You do understand you're getting slightly excited for Nate Robinson right??

They did exactly what u think they should do now. Overpay for Boozer. Over pay for Watson and Overpay for Brewer.

They overpaid. Did it help? No. And i dont think they should overpay now. Overpaying is a negative not a positive. But u want to overpay. Sheesh.

InRoseWeTrust
07-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Asik > Mohammed
Korver > Bellinelli
Brewer > Radmonavich
Watson > Hinrich.

Except that's partially incorrect in fact, and analysis.

Asik > Muhammed. I'll give you that one.

Korver = Bellinelli. They both have different strengths. Korver is fantastic running around screens and playing off the ball, while Marco brings some ball handling and more of an ability to find his own space.

Butler > Brewer. Vlad isn't replacing Brewer...he was signed to be an end of the bench insurance policy. Jimmy Butler is going to be as defensively talented as Brewer, with a much better offensive game (see summer league), at a fraction of the cost.

Hinrich > Watson. No, Kirk isn't the player he once was, but he's a much better fit with this team than Watson. Watson could not run an offense at all, which is something we need our second unit PG to do. He was a shooting guard stuck in a 1's body. Additionally, we now have Nate Robinson to give a little spark at the 1 if need be.

So, no, the bench has not been "depleted." It's arguably more talented, at a fraction of the cost.

monzternipz12
07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
They didn't overpay for any of those players!!! They had no choice but to sign them to whatever! Its not overpaying or taking chances when there are no other choices! Our FO is so "uncreative" that they've been only able to get the leftover scraps every free agency period. Like I said before, I can't knock them for boozer, but FO have not been able to sign one free agent that would have a substantial impact. If anything, I'll give them credit for drafting taj, other than that, all failures. The supposed "bench mob" has nothing to do with how talented Asik, brewer, korver, Watson, or Lucas are. The success of our bench is solely attributed to the greatness of coach thibs. No one else.

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:32 AM
butler is not even close to brewer. your reaching hard bro

InRoseWeTrust
07-31-2012, 12:36 AM
butler is not even close to brewer. your reaching hard bro

Lol do you watch basketball?

Brewer was getting DNPs by the end of the year. He's bad on the offensive side of the ball, bordering on awful if it's during the 90% of the time his shot isn't falling. Butler is actually capable of putting the ball in the basket and played outstanding D when he was on the floor last season (see vs. NY on Melo). Nice try though.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Except that's partially incorrect in fact, and analysis.

Asik > Muhammed. I'll give you that one.

Korver = Bellinelli. They both have different strengths. Korver is fantastic running around screens and playing off the ball, while Marco brings some ball handling and more of an ability to find his own space.

Butler > Brewer. Vlad isn't replacing Brewer...he was signed to be an end of the bench insurance policy. Jimmy Butler is going to be as defensively talented as Brewer, with a much better offensive game (see summer league), at a fraction of the cost.

Hinrich > Watson. No, Kirk isn't the player he once was, but he's a much better fit with this team than Watson. Watson could not run an offense at all, which is something we need our second unit PG to do. He was a shooting guard stuck in a 1's body. Additionally, we now have Nate Robinson to give a little spark at the 1 if need be.

So, no, the bench has not been "depleted." It's arguably more talented, at a fraction of the cost.

Yea they keep quoting a guy who's name is Delusional.

monzternipz12
07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Lol do you watch basketball?

Brewer was getting DNPs by the end of the year. He's bad on the offensive side of the ball, bordering on awful if it's during the 90% of the time his shot isn't falling. Butler is actually capable of putting the ball in the basket and played outstanding D when he was on the floor last season (see vs. NY on Melo). Nice try though.

Funny how some ppl base butlers impact off of one game. We have absolutely no idea how butler will fare this season. He looked pretty good in summer league but then again, it's the freakin summer league! Butler barely played last season and your already saying he's better than a player who's given quality minutes every or most nights??? Kinda reaching there bro

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
It doesn't even matter... until the Bulls get another elite perimeter player to go with Rose, they will be the Heat's punching bag.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Even top drsft picks didnt have as good a summer league as Butler. So Butlets play is comparable to a high draft pick. Not sure if u could ever say that about Brewets game.

Not to bash Brewer but Butler brings the same skill set as Brewer. But more. And like Injenks said for a fraction of the cost. And those dnps say the whole story dont they.

Losoway
07-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Funny how some ppl base butlers impact off of one game. We have absolutely no idea how butler will fare this season. He looked pretty good in summer league but then again, it's the freakin summer league! Butler barely played last season and your already saying he's better than a player who's given quality minutes every or most nights??? Kinda reaching there bro

not kinda . he is reaching way pass the limit

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:52 AM
It doesn't even matter... until the Bulls get another elite perimeter player to go with Rose, they will be the Heat's punching bag.

They werent the heats punching bag last year. The heat trailed the bulls in the standings all season and even lost to a roseless bulls.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Btw im typing off a tablet thats why the typo.

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 12:56 AM
They werent the heats punching bag last year. The heat trailed the bulls in the standings all season and even lost to a roseless bulls.

Lol regular season

How did that work out in 2011?

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Lol regular season

How did that work out in 2011?

2011 am i in a time machine? Wtf?

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:02 AM
2011 am i in a time machine? Wtf?

Just face it bro, this Bulls team is flawed. They can add as many has-been's as they want, they still don't have the firepower to beat Miami

ecorrea
07-31-2012, 01:03 AM
IMO

Kirk > Watson
Bellinelli > korver
Butler > brewer
Gibson = Gibson
Nazr < asik
Nate > jl3
Radman > scalabrine
Teague = mike James

Dont see how people think we got worse. Lot o haterssss.

ecorrea
07-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Btw this thread isnt about beating the heat, pretty sure its just about the bulls offseason.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Just face it bro, this Bulls team is flawed. They can add as many has-been's as they want, they still don't have the firepower to beat Miami

Ur talking about hasbeens have u not seen ur roster? Lmao

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Btw this thread isnt about beating the heat, pretty sure its just about the bulls offseason.

Yup.

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:08 AM
IMO

Kirk > Watson
Bellinelli > korver
Butler > brewer
Gibson = Gibson
Nazr < asik
Nate > jl3
Radman > scalabrine
Teague = mike James

Putting a bunch of < and > signs don't tell the whole story bro. Asik was one of the best defensive centers in the league coming off the bench, Nazr isn't even an average center. Butler is an unproven 2nd year player, Kirk Hinrich is regressing year by year, CJ Watson is younger and had a better season. Radman and Scal don't even matter... That bench had a bunch of chemistry.

Rosh
07-31-2012, 01:09 AM

I must have missed the part in the thread title that claimed the Bulls were better than the Heat. All this thread is simply doing is defending the Bulls offseason moves as being both cost-efficient and (mostly) upgrades. Obviously with Derrick Rose out, it's a huge blow against our chances against any top-tier NBA team, let alone the Heat.

But the fact that you still feel a kneejerk reaction to defend your team against an invisible claim even after they won the NBA championship is a tad worrisome.

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:10 AM

Pretty sure T-Mac, Kirk, and Nazr are has-beens

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:12 AM
I must have missed the part in the thread title that claimed the Bulls were better than the Heat. All this thread is simply doing is defending the Bulls offseason moves as being both cost-efficient and (mostly) upgrades. Obviously with Derrick Rose out, it's a huge blow against our chances against any top-tier NBA team, let alone the Heat.

But the fact that you still feel a kneejerk reaction to defend your team against an invisible claim even after they won the NBA championship is a tad worrisome.

I was simply stating my opinion that the Bulls need another elite perimeter player to beat the Heat, isn't that their goal?

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 01:12 AM

Who exactly on miami's roster is a "has been"?

wade
bron
bosh
rio
cole
battier
miller
allen
anthony
pittman
haslem
lewis

I was simply stating my opinion that the Bulls need another elite perimeter player to beat the Heat, isn't that their goal?
They wont be contending until 2014 or 2015 or whenever they get a second star thats able to create their own shot and create for others.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Pretty sure T-Mac, Kirk, and Nazr are has-beens

Pretty sure they were acquired as role players.

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Pretty sure they were acquired as role players.

And they are all downgrades.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 01:17 AM
IMO

Kirk > Watson
Bellinelli > korver
Butler > brewer
Gibson = Gibson
Nazr < asik
Nate > jl3
Radman > scalabrine
Teague = mike James

I agree.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Who is Tmac a downgrade from? See u dont even know.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 01:22 AM
WOW after reading some of the last few comments it's clear to see who the real knowledgeable NBA fans are and who started watching the NBA after "The Decision".

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:25 AM
WOW after reading some of the last few comments it's clear to see who the real knowledgeable NBA fans are and who started watching the NBA after "The Decision".

Dont see whats wrong with what I said

triple5real
07-31-2012, 01:26 AM
The Bulls will not be a top 5 team but maybe they can get in at 6 to 8....MAYBE and even though the coaching staff is good, they''re not the ones playing the game. They need to concentrate on the future when Rose return.

Valkyrie
07-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Who is Tmac a downgrade from? See u dont even know.

Butler wasn't added to the team, hes not a upgrade or downgrade. So ill say Brewer, and he fits the Bulls much better, good luck getting T-Mac to play defense and thinking he's 10 % of the player he was even in 2008.

ecorrea
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Bulls fans understand losing asik is a downgrade. But we also believe we got better everywhere else. Added playmakers, more offense, cut some unnecessary costs. People claiming we are gonna be a .5000 team must be delirious.

We also understand that without rose we do not win a championship. But with a healthy rose and our current squad why cant we win a ship. I think we woulda beaten the heat last yr so assuming rose comes back with sufficient time why cant we believe its possible IF he does in fact get that time and returns to form.

A big IF, yes we bulls fans know. Justin the second playmaker comes in huge right now with our star down. But with him healthy I think we coulda won the ship last yr and can this.yr with only 1 star.

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 01:35 AM
Bulls fans understand losing asik is a downgrade. But we also believe we got better everywhere else. Added playmakers, more offense, cut some unnecessary costs. People claiming we are gonna be a .5000 team must be delirious.

We also understand that without rose we do not win a championship. But with a healthy rose and our current squad why cant we win a ship. I think we woulda beaten the heat last yr so assuming rose comes back with sufficient time why cant we believe its possible IF he does in fact get that time and returns to form.

A big IF, yes we bulls fans know. Justin the second playmaker comes in huge right now with our star down. But with him healthy I think we coulda won the ship last yr and can this.yr with only 1 star.
thats a huge assumption and some very wishful thinking. I dont see how chicago would have won more than one game maybe 2. But boston was always the bigger threat to miami imo. Miami has shown they can contain rose and when that happens the bulls are very beatable. Miami's defense is just as good as chicagos and miami's offense is much better not to mention the bulls have no one to stop lebron.

Looking forward to an ECF matchup in 2014 or 2015

c.c.
07-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Y'all can have Omer Asik back, I never supported that offer since day one

kswissdaf
07-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Its pretty clear the bulls got a little worse this offseason , there isnt really an argument

Rosh
07-31-2012, 01:44 AM

This thread has nothing to do with that. I think it's generally understood that this season will be more about treading water until Rose gets back. That's our primary goal.

It's also the Phoenix Suns' goal to rebuild in the post-Nash era. Why not talk about that? They play the Bulls too, right?

Rosh
07-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Its pretty clear the bulls got a little worse this offseason , there isnt really an argument

Obviously, we won't have Rose. Benchwise it's probably a wash right now. They've upgraded at every position except center which was a big downgrade. Given time to play together, the bench could be pretty good.

DeyAce
07-31-2012, 01:52 AM
Not getting Mayo or Lee killed the Bulls offseason

flatbush knicks
07-31-2012, 01:53 AM
lmao so many bulls homers you guys are going to be a lottery team next year get over it without rose you guys will be competing with the wizards and bobcats

ecorrea
07-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Yes its an assumption, but not farfetched by any means justin.

Anyways, back on topic, bulls have had a fine offseason. Like Rosh said, goal is to at the very least tread til rose gets back. And with thibs and the squad we have shouldnt be an issue to far exceed that.

mdm692
07-31-2012, 01:55 AM
lmao so many bulls homers you guys are going to be a lottery team next year get over it without rose you guys will be competing with the wizards and bobcats

:facepalm:. I think first your team has to be better than Chicago's before you start making fun of them.

ecorrea
07-31-2012, 01:58 AM
I dont get how people see our roster as lottery bound lol.

Kirk/Nate/Teague
Rip/bellineli
Deng/butler/tmac
Boozer/Gibson/radman
Noah/nazr

DeyAce
07-31-2012, 02:01 AM
^ Barely 8th seed

flatbush knicks
07-31-2012, 02:04 AM
:facepalm:. I think first your team has to be better than Chicago's before you start making fun of them.

lmao without rose you guys aren't even going to beat the wizards next year that guy was mvp for a reason and last time i checked you guys got knocked out the first round by a bad sixers team atleast we played the heat my knicks are light years ahead of the bulls without rose

Losoway
07-31-2012, 02:05 AM
the knicks would torch the bulls

mdm692
07-31-2012, 02:06 AM
lmao without rose you guys aren't even going to beat the wizards next year that guy was mvp for a reason and last time i checked you guys got knocked out the first round by a bad sixers team atleast we played the heat my knicks are light years ahead of the bulls without rose

As far as anybody here is concerned the season hasn't started and the past 2 seasons Bulls>>Knicks. So first get out of the first round before you claim the Knicks are better than the Bulls.

c.c.
07-31-2012, 02:07 AM

Wow...the Knicks just starting back being a playoff team now they fans think they have the right to bash the bulls, Smh

OaklandsFinest
07-31-2012, 02:10 AM

If I'm the Bulls I sit Rose til he's 120 pct! Then I worry about setting my team up for the year after. I make a hard push after Howard, offering them Noah, Deng, Boozer, and picks in 2014, 2016, 2018. I take back Richardson, and Turkoglu. Then I would amnesty Turkoglu and make a hard push in the offseason for Josh Smith or Paul Millsap and hope that 2013 is nice!

Rose
Richardson
Muhammed
Josh Smith
Dwight

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 02:53 AM
The Bulls were 19-8 without Rose.

People need to use their thinking caps.
They are bringing back a better starting lineup, and more offense off the bench.

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 03:14 AM
Did it? Cuz Belli averaged more ppg than Lee and only .6 less points than Mayo.

Not getting Mayo or Lee killed the Bulls offseason

bearadonisdna
07-31-2012, 03:19 AM

The sixers werent that bad. The took Boston 7 games and almost made the Ecf. Derp.

flatbush knicks
07-31-2012, 03:38 AM
As far as anybody here is concerned the season hasn't started and the past 2 seasons Bulls>>Knicks. So first get out of the first round before you claim the Knicks are better than the Bulls.

knicks>>>> bulls without rose
bulls with rose>>> knicks
some people are just :facepalm:

flatbush knicks
07-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Wow...the Knicks just starting back being a playoff team now they fans think they have the right to bash the bulls, Smh

yea cuz we got melo and amare but thats pointless cuz you guys DON'T HAVE ROSE

flatbush knicks
07-31-2012, 03:43 AM
The sixers werent that bad. The took Boston 7 games and almost made the Ecf. Derp.

AND MY KNICKS DESTROYED THAT SAME SIXERS TEAM WHEN WOODY TOOK OVER WHAT POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE:facepalm:

InRoseWeTrust
07-31-2012, 09:28 AM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

This is going in my sig. I mean wow guys...really?

I love how the player by player comparison is disregarded by everyone arguing against the Bulls. Having a little trouble dealing with the facts, guys?

jp611
07-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Bulls will still win between 48-55 games this season... You can sig that

Blitzbolt
07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Bulls and Spurs have great coaches so they will be at the top during the regular season come playoff they will get destroy.

NY fans talking trash to bulls fans is pretty funny do something first and then talk losers.

jp611
07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Hinrich>Watson
Butler>brewer
Belli>Korver
Robinson>Turd
Radmanovic>scal
Mohammed<Asik

Only downgrade on the bench is Mohammed from Asik... But all this means is Taj will get more minutes at center... Expect Gibson to play around 30-35 minutes a game this year... He will have a breakout year

HowBoutDemBulls
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Miami
Boston
Indiana
Chicago
New York
Philly
Wizards
Cleveland/Atlanta/Orlando
That's how it will look going into playoffs. The new team will take some time to mesh but by the end of the year will be a much more complete and versatile squad. We have a lot more playmakers this year. I can see us beating every team in the east except Miami or Boston in a 7 game series.

justinnum1
07-31-2012, 10:36 AM
^if the knicks play the bulls in the first round they are not getting to the 2nd round imo.

THE MTL
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
I like how the majority of bulls fans are trying to defend their team and say they're just as good as ever. Everyone knows the bulls essentially downgraded at every position with the recent moves. Its a reason why the new guys are so much cheaper than the ones that were moved. Stop kiddng yourselves.

effen5
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I like how the majority of bulls fans are trying to defend their team and say they're just as good as ever. Everyone knows the bulls essentially downgraded at every position with the recent moves. Its a reason why the new guys are so much cheaper than the ones that were moved. Stop kiddng yourselves.

Hey Mr Smart Guy,

Then why is Kirk Hinrich getting paid more than CJ Watson?
Why is Jimmy Butler still on his rookie contract getting paid almost equal to Ronnie Brewer?
KK's getting paid more than Belinelli because the Hawks picked up his 5 mil option.
Scal is still looking for a job
Who knows what JL3 is making but its probably going to be similar to what Nate is making.

You know what this tells me, we got similar or better players without picking up Korver/Watson/Brewers option. And again, the only downfall is Asik who is better than Nazr but is still getting over paid.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey Mr Smart Guy,

Then why is Kirk Hinrich getting paid more than CJ Watson?
Why is Jimmy Butler still on his rookie contract getting paid almost equal to Ronnie Brewer?
KK's getting paid more than Belinelli because the Hawks picked up his 5 mil option.
Scal is still looking for a job
Who knows what JL3 is making but its probably going to be similar to what Nate is making.

You know what this tells me, we got similar or better players without picking up Korver/Watson/Brewers option. And again, the only downfall is Asik who is better than Nazr but is still getting over paid.

I think the argument can be made that a downgrade was made, more so then an upgrade was made however. The Bulls are taking a slight step back this year, and I don't blame them. Rose will essentially have a wasted season, why the hell would they want to pay the luxury when they can take a mini-step back, and then be financially capable of being in the FA market next season>

effen5
07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I think the argument can be made that a downgrade was made, more so then an upgrade was made however. The Bulls are taking a slight step back this year, and I don't blame them. Rose will essentially have a wasted season, why the hell would they want to pay the luxury when they can take a mini-step back, and then be financially capable of being in the FA market next season>

But people are acting like its a significant downgrade when in reality the only major downgrade is losing Asik.

I watched every game last year, losing Watson/Brewer/KK won't hurt this team as much as people think. True someone did step up each game but the problem was that Watson, Brewer, and KK were very inconsistent last year. There were times where they were so bad that Brewer got bench last year in favor of Butler, Watson and JL3 both got benched in favor of Mike James.

Shonuff
07-31-2012, 12:59 PM

Well said.

thekmp211
07-31-2012, 01:02 PM
this thread is hilarious

Hawkeye15
07-31-2012, 01:32 PM
But people are acting like its a significant downgrade when in reality the only major downgrade is losing Asik.

I watched every game last year, losing Watson/Brewer/KK won't hurt this team as much as people think. True someone did step up each game but the problem was that Watson, Brewer, and KK were very inconsistent last year. There were times where they were so bad that Brewer got bench last year in favor of Butler, Watson and JL3 both got benched in favor of Mike James.

I don't think it's a sharp dropoff, I simply think the thread itself warrants the Bulls fans to understand they did indeed not get any better, and a case could be made the other way, even if it's slight.

As I stated, this is really going to be a lost year for Rose most likely. His game is very explosive, and while I personally feel he will return to 100% by the start of 2013-14 season, next year will be a rehab year when he returns in March. So, if you are the Bulls front office, why not take a mini-step back, save a TON of money now that you can drop below the luxury tax, and then amnesty Boozer next summer and have the financial ability to sign a quality SG and get depth up front.

It will be a weird year being a Bulls fan, because it's essentially a wasted year in their contender run. But if the Bulls just play it smart versus grasping and overpaying, they can be even better the following season then they have been the previous two seasons.