PDA

View Full Version : Would Michael Redd be a good fit in L.A.?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-michael-redd-a-good-fit-for-the-lakers/2012/07/25/

Nice article if this guy could stay healthy he could be a sleeper off the bench

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Mitch Kupchak said the breaks are never on in terms of how LAL pursue players in free agency/trades/etc. Still wants to add to roster.

Iron24th
07-25-2012, 05:53 PM
He would be a great fit if his health problems are behind him.

Trueblue2
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I'd rather have bell or barbosa, but Redd should definitely be on our radar this offseason.

New Power House
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I'd rather have bell or barbosa, but Redd should definitely be on our radar this offseason.

F Bell and this Redd guy! Barbosa! He is good! Maybe also Delfino!

New Power House
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-michael-redd-a-good-fit-for-the-lakers/2012/07/25/

Nice article if this guy could stay healthy he could be a sleeper off the bench

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Mitch Kupchak said the breaks are never on in terms of how LAL pursue players in free agency/trades/etc. Still wants to add to roster.

Your thread belongs to the off season trades! But the good thing about your post is that Cupcake still open to get the bench better!:clap:

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Redd is a streaky shooter,quick release. If we did sign him he wouldn't have to
overplay and could fit well thus lowering the odds of being injured if we could get at least 15ppg from him and 15 from jamison thats a 30+ bench...i remember he lit us up for a few streches last season in l.a.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Your thread belongs to the off season trades! But the good thing about your post is that Cupcake still open to get the bench better!:clap:

Was just an update in case guys feel were done spending

DisBeAliG
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Seems pretty washed up. But Lakers can only offer next to nothing contracts which means beggars can't be choosers.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Seems pretty washed up. But Lakers can only offer next to nothing contracts which means beggars can't be choosers.

The guys inst getting any interest so he'll cave...seriously your satisfied with kobe's backup? the big question who was kobe's back-up? nuff said

1DaBread
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Barbosa Tmac Redd, in that order

Mcdoh
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
lets try to recruit delfino or barbosa first.. then redd..

Chavacano
07-25-2012, 08:21 PM

This.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
This.

gtfo

LA_Raiders
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
he might be the shooter we need....

If we get him, we are set...

Go Lakers!!!

Eg714
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
He would be an upgrade to what we had last year. I would like to add better pieces to the bench but if the lakers got him I wouldn't be to mad about it.

midwestlaker75
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
We could do worse. He would be a decent backup for Kobe....If his health is in tact. The Michael Redd we saw in Phoenix last season was not the real Michael Redd. Realistically it takes a year and a half to recover from the type of injury he had with his knees. By mid-season he could be rounding into form and ready for the stretch run. And may come for that vets min contract.

Chavacano
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
gtfo

:laugh:

So you don't agree that this belongs to "The Official Offseason/Free Agent Thread?" :eyebrow:

mizo21
07-25-2012, 08:56 PM
He's good for 8-10 ppg which would be nice if it was in a 10-16 min stretch not sure if he's healthy but he played in 51 games last year in short season maybe he is on his way back plus he played with Nash last year...Delfino is a ill younger but didn't Do much more in a bigger role but if mamba went down we Delfino would be more reliable

Zefflin
07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Redds lookin decent to back up kobe...better then kapono...although i'm better then kapono

Big Moves03
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Well, he had a solid season last year and it was kind of his comeback season from all those injuries. If he can stay healthy, he will probably be better this season. We really only need about 20-24 minutes a game. If he can give us about 8-12 ppg that would be great.

Iceman_9
07-26-2012, 10:54 AM
No

Pearljammer II
07-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Redd is a ligitimite shooter... we don't have enough shooters on this team... we will need someone at the 3pt line open... Think about it someone is going to get Doubled (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum/Dwight)... so Nash running around crazy with pick n rolls ... we need that lock down shooter at the 3... we can't count on Ron Ron for that role...

Gritz
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Can he still shoot?

Lakers25
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Redds lookin decent to back up kobe...better then kapono...although i'm better then kapono

we're all better than kapono..

Redd as a backup wont be bad, but i worry about his health. The guy can still shoot, but the health issues makes me question if we should sign him or not.

KillaInstinct24
07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
redd cant even fit into his own shoes without getting injured

Teeboy1487
07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
F Bell and this Redd guy! Barbosa! He is good! Maybe also Delfino!

Great choices. I agree. Barbosa and Delfino would be perfect acquisitions.

showtime24
07-27-2012, 05:56 AM
The shooter we need.

getredd.com

LakersSaintsLSU
07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
The shooter we need.

getredd.com

:clap::clap:

Rocco007
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
One of the few guys in the NBA that can offset Ray Allen...I'll bank on him being more comfortable this season after rehabbing that knee and being more efficient as a result...Low risk, high reward...

Mave1002
07-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Defensively, no.

However, if Pietrus doesnt come, Delfino cant come, Id take Redd.

Besides, how many minutes do you have to log-in backing up Kobe?

Three positive things about this guy:

-His familiarity with the Nash system is somewhat there
-His pure perimeter game
-He's inexpensive

AB17
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill
Jamison-McBob
EBanks-Eyenga
Redd-Glock
Blake-Morris

If Mike Miller has a ring, I think he deserves a couple.

Remember when these two served as wingmen for the 2007 Team USA? Flat-out perimeter assassins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdZC6UXJaFk "Drilling 3s at will."

And who can forget what he did to us 3 months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HV8sBLbDbQ&feature=related

Sign him for vet min and maybe the FO can change their minds about using the MMLE, to sign another piece.

Mave1002
07-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Can he still shoot?

torched us for 17pts in one quarter, 3 months ago.

or maybe our defense was just.. that horrendous. :D

LakersSaintsLSU
07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HV8sBLbDbQ

This should answer your question on if he could still shoot

Eg714
07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
He has good size and can shoot still. He's 3 point percentage down but I would take a chance on him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-27-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HV8sBLbDbQ

This should answer your question on if he could still shoot

Well, Shannon dropped 20 on us in the next qtr in that same game against us, maybe we should have brought him back as well. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfZsRTQk74

EL Captain
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Lakers should try and figure out how to pry Tayshaun Prince from Pistons. He is older and doesnt really fit their youth movement. Ship Ebanks and Mcob for him.

KingBossLAL4L
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Lakers should try and figure out how to pry Tayshaun Prince from Pistons. He is older and doesnt really fit their youth movement. Ship Ebanks and Mcob for him.

Thats not a bad idea Prince and Peace two good defenders with two different types of styles would definitely frustrate Durant and Lebron I just wouldn't include Ebanks that'll be 3 different looks every night I know it messes with Kobe on a nightly basis especially against Miami with all the different looks he get and then OKC have few themselves and Miami went small we could do this

Nash/Morris
Kobe/Odom
Peace/Prince/Jamison
Prince/Peace/Jamison
Howard if we trade for him/Jamison/Gasol

Or whatever I'm just saying not a bad trade idea bro

doc23
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
We really need more youth. He would be an okay pickup if the money is right.....

KillaInstinct24
07-27-2012, 08:12 PM
torched us for 17pts in one quarter, 3 months ago.

or maybe our defense was just.. that horrendous. :D

steve blake torched us with portland before also :rolleyes:

Hunter48MVP
07-27-2012, 08:48 PM
I would be okay with Redd but he is old. I would like the Lakers to acquire or sign Jodie Meeks

Mave1002
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM

I would be ecstatic if Detroit falls for it.

Our scrubs for this defensive line-up against elite teams:

D12
Prince
Artest
Kobe
(let's just leave this spot blank) :D

Mave1002
07-29-2012, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t50z2sEMcLM

If he can stay healthy, seems like he can be a lock, offensively.

nickdymez
07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
steve blake torched us with portland before also :rolleyes:

Ramon Sessions torched us too when he was with Cleveland too.. :cool:

Chavacano
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
A lot of players torch us specifically point guards and unknown players. :shrug:

DownUnder
07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Interesting that he hasn't re-signed at PHO as was mooted early on. Mail is he wants to play with both Nash and Lakers. Both parties waiting to see how the Dwightmare eventuates. If able to fit, could see him here quite easily. The looks he would get here would overlay his age IMO. And I'd rather a proven commodity than a project like Meeks.

New Power House
07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Well, Shannon dropped 20 on us in the next qtr in that same game against us, maybe we should have brought him back as well. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfZsRTQk74

This is the reason why: Sessions,Blake, Morrris and Goud!!:facepalm: all them orchestrated by the Maestro Brown and Co!:speechless:

New Power House
07-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Ramon Sessions torched us too when he was with Cleveland too.. :cool:

Blake did it too with the Clippers and you know what happened after!:facepalm:

+pope+
07-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Lakers should sign Redd, its a low risk and he has had the leadership quality. He was just coming back from a serious injury last year and showed he was more than affective, in a mediocre team , imagine the looks he will get with an establish center. He can be a poor mans ray allen. Hes only going to command minimum.

Mave1002
07-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Interesting that he hasn't re-signed at PHO as was mooted early on. Mail is he wants to play with both Nash and Lakers. Both parties waiting to see how the Dwightmare eventuates. If able to fit, could see him here quite easily. The looks he would get here would overlay his age IMO. And I'd rather a proven commodity than a project like Meeks.

I think so too.

Now, if some miracle befalls our team.. and land JJ Reddick with D12..

D12
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill
Jamison-McBob
Redd-Eyenga
JJ Reddick-Glock
Blake-Morris

The skills of Steve Nash would be maximized having these pure shooters as wingmen off the bench.

Not to mention the twin towers, Kobe and of course a great 6th man. Wont be surprised seeing him dish out at least 13 dimes per game.

Pearljammer II
07-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Wasn't M Redd on the 2008 Olympic team?... one of the most dependable shooters in the league... think it's worth the risk...

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Wasn't M Redd on the 2008 Olympic team?... one of the most dependable shooters in the league... think it's worth the risk...

Yeah i figure he'll cave for the vets sooner are later not getting much interest he's a shooter and he won't miss a wide open 3 like fill n the blank

DownUnder
07-31-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah i figure he'll cave for the vets sooner are later not getting much interest he's a shooter and he won't miss a wide open 3 like fill n the blank

Cave in for the vets??? Who says he has even been offered. As far as I've read he's in FA cyber space just floating. I would say the Lakers are waiting to see what they 'get' in a Howard trade if it goes down. If they get a shooter then they don't offer. If they don't or the trade doesn't go down they may well offer. To point the bone is pretty premature. Meeks likewise. Everyone is waiting for the big domino to fall. Be a good get though. He looked strong last year.