PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Kirilenko to Twolves

wizardsfan3
07-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-25-2012, 05:47 PM
The whiteness continues

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
10M per for a washed up Kirilenko?

Yeah, this should definitely keep K-Love in Minnesota long-term. :clap:

This is exactly why KG hated Glen Taylor.

wizardsfan3
07-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah they definitely overpaid for him.

HouRealCoach
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Got nothing else to do with the money anyways.... But they are better especially if they are healthy

& he is easily playoff run this year & trade bait next year

Vinny642
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Kahn is a move making man today

Jint.
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
AK47 :speechless::speechless:

AussieLaker
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Wasnt he MVP in Euroleague? or am i wrong? lol

LTBaByyy
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Nets thought they can get him for Vet min :laugh:

They arent the Lakers or Heat lol Deron cant recruit at all

He is 0-5 so far.

teddygreen17
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Good pickup for Minnie...They need a leader..defensive intensity..glue guy...He'll fit in just fine.

Monta is beast
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Dudes worth about 4-5 mill a season.

Romo2Bryant
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
So their lineup right now looks something like..

R. Rubio/L. Ridnour/J. Barea
B. Roy/C. Budinger/M. Lee
A. Kinlenko/D. Cunningham
K. Love/D. Williams
N. Pekovic/G. Stiemsma

Kevin Love demands a trade in 3...2...1...

EDIT: Forgot about Brandon Roy.

AWC713
funny how morey gets bashed for asik and lin at 8 m per year (What the actual cap hit is...regardless what the owner pays in their third year), but no one is questioning kirikenko at 10 mil for 2 years.

maybe because its david kahn, but IDC. this is an awful move, money-wise. kirilenko was and is on the down side of his career.

LTBaByyy
I wonder if Love feels left out on Team USA

Besides Davis, he is the only one on a team that is not a contender or even a playoff team

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Overpaid

Kobe2324
07-25-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't get it, 3-5 mil maybe but 10 mil a year is insane, he will average more than a million per point lol not bad! Lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
funny how morey gets bashed for asik and lin at 8 m per year (What the actual cap hit is...regardless what the owner pays in their third year), but no one is questioning kirikenko at 10 mil for 2 years.

maybe because its david kahn, but IDC. this is an awful move, money-wise. kirilenko was and is on the down side of his career.

Um, I just did, like 4 posts above you. lol.

LTBaByyy
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
After Dwight, I think Love is next in line with trade demands

I hope he does the year after Dirk retires :)

Slimsim
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
wtf 10mil a year

ewing
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
The Wolves are racist

Romo2Bryant
After Dwight, I think Love is next in line with trade demands

I hope he does the year after Dirk retires :)

I won't be surprise he demands a trade after the Olympics is over.

N3TS
Wow....this is making some of the other free agents signings look better now.

jp611
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
10 million... Wow

Romo2Bryant
The Wolves are racist

:nod:

Hawkeye15
Overpay. But he fills a big need as a defensive SF who can score and rebound. He was Euroleague MVP and DPOY, and is said to be healthy again.

Out:

Milicic
Beasley
Johnson
Miller
Randolph
Webster
Ellington

In:

Roy
Kirilenko
Budinger
Shved
Stiemsma
Cunningham

That is an upgrade at the wings for sure.

Still an overpay though, I thought $6-7 million was his worth, but I guess that is what they needed to pony up and offer, who knows.

97NYer
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM

C. Budinger/M. Lee
K. Love/D. Williams
N. Pekovic/G. Stiemsma

They also have Brandon Roy and Shved.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea/Selby
Roy/Lee/Shved
AK/Budinger/Cunningham
Love/Williams
Pek/Stiemsma

That's a pretty nice lineup honestly. They have a great PG situation, good-great SG's depending on how Roy and Shved play, good SF's assuming AK can still play at a high level with a talented and improving Budinger as well as a solid Cunningham. Love, Williams, Pekovic and Stiemsma is a great big rotation. They should certainly be a playoff team.

SlimKid
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM

C. Budinger/M. Lee
K. Love/D. Williams
N. Pekovic/G. Stiemsma

Brandon Roy says hi.. Not that anyone knows how he'll hold up

king4day
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Exactly. Far from washed up. 2 years is a good deal imo. Minny needs to win now and he'll help that.

Yea that'd explain why he wouldn't go there. Amazing that he got so much. I thought at best, maybe 5-6 mil.

Hawkeye15
They also have Brandon Roy.

Roy/Lee
AK/Cunningham
Love/Williams
Pek/Stiemsma

That's a pretty nice lineup honestly

Add Budinger as well.

marj987
I'd put him on my fantasy team any day tho...

twin4life
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Correct you are!!

Romo2Bryant
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
They also have Brandon Roy and Shved.

Roy/Lee/Shved
AK/Budinger/Cunningham
Love/Williams
Pek/Stiemsma

That's a pretty nice lineup honestly. They have a great PG situation, good-great SG's depending on how Roy and Shved play, good SF's assuming AK can still play at a high level with a talented and improving Budinger as well as a solid Cunningham. Love, Williams, Pekovic and Stiemsma is a great big rotation. They should certainly be a playoff team.

Brandon Roy says hi.. Not that anyone knows how he'll hold up

Yeah I forgot about him. Hopefully he plays well though.

LTBaByyy
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
What was the point of the new CBA its not working lol

Da Knicks
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Well now that he gets to play next to Kevin Love aka the real mvp of the league championship time!!! Kevin Love and his PER taking over the league!!!

whitvalid
07-25-2012, 06:14 PM

He is 0-5 so far.

Yeah Deron's a POS. AK will have more fun there though. He seems like a Minnesota kind of guy

TeamSeattle
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM

He is 0-5 so far.

So far Deron's recruited C.J. Watson, had to beg Bogans to stay, failed at Nazr Mohammed and Reggie Evans? FAIL :laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
damn....

EasternStar

He is 0-5 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwQJ64UpFQ

How about the Mavs right now? Think they'll win a title?:cool:

nycericanguy
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
The racism continues...

howiend
07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I like the move. yeah, it is an overpay but i think the wolves have improved A TON over last year's team and they were .500 with a lot of injuries prior to rubio going down

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
10 million... Wow

AK is a Douche for not picking the Nets. Good luck being a 6th-8th seed in the West, while the Nets make damage in the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
07-25-2012, 06:21 PM

What kind of post is this? I realize you're trying to troll, but you were the 13th post and about half the posts before you said it's a bad signing! FAIL :facepalm:

As for this signing. Not a good one IMO. Everyone gets overpaid so who cares about that. I don't see him as a fit there. They really needed a super athletic wing that can score like Batum or Iggy. they didn't need another white guy who's strenght is his fundamentals.

LTBaByyy
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwQJ64UpFQ

How about the Mavs right now? Think they'll win a title?:cool:

We already have a NBA title :)

What year did the Nets win theres? Oh yea

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
AK is a Douche for not picking the Nets. Good luck being a 6th-8th seed in the West, while the Nets make damage in the playoffs.

haha. So he is a douche because he wouldn't take a ton less money to play for your team? Mmkay.

dwilly4rilly
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Talk about racism. Andre is very athletic. He is also long, which along with his quickness and good timing has made him an elite shot blocker. He does have decent fundamentals, but is very unorthodox and fun to watch. Between-the-legs passes, oops, good open court passer/finisher. Not sure what else you want, other than a color?

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
We already have a NBA title :)

What year did the Nets win theres? Oh yea

Not Last year. I mean now

For you making fun of my Nets:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5XXcRsZ3k
3:45-3:48:laugh2:

Were not expected to win a title. Our goal is to make our stand as a FA destination and make a title run next year. So, don't make stuff about us not winning a title. I'm not DoMeFAvors.

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM

Dupe account

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
haha. So he is a douche because he wouldn't take a ton less money to play for your team? Mmkay.

I'm all for guys getting big money. But, if its for contending for a title, the Nets are a better option then the T-Wolves (no disrespect to all of you T-Wolves fans).

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Dupe account

I'm no dupe. and I like you Stephen A. Like B-Rad from Malibu's Most Wanted "Don't be hatin".

shep33
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Man that's a lot of money right there.

topdog
07-25-2012, 06:37 PM
I like the move. yeah, it is an overpay but i think the wolves have improved A TON over last year's team and they were .500 with a lot of injuries prior to rubio going down

I was hoping for less, but put it this way: $10M a year would be the least Andre Kirilenko has made since '04-'05 (i.e. rookie contract time).

He is one of only two players to ever record a 5x6 (6 or more of points, rebounds, blocks, assists & steals).

My only fear would not being in NBA shape, but his Euroleague MVP says otherwise. He's a great defensive/unselfish player for Adelman's system and to pair with the offensive talents of Love/Pek. Ricky Rubio and his Russian counterpart Alexey Shved also say "hey."

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm no dupe. and I like you Stephen A. Like B-Rad from Malibu's Most Wanted "Don't be hatin".

Registered user usually means your a dupe account...

And like blood bath from malibus most wanted "It's a jack"

SluggeR
07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Why spend this much on AK-47 or bring him in period, when DWill needs to be developed?

Mcdoh
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
they overpaid him... still a roster upgrade though..

smith&wesson
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
rubio, love, williams, roy, ak47, pekovic, barea, ridnour = playoffs.

with a healthy rubio and love the t.wolves are ready to make a playoff apearance. surely this pick up will help them acomplish that. not alot of other 3's available. some times you have to pay for talent when you need it. ak47 will be a great glue guy who can do a bit of everything and while he is a bit over paid there wasnt alot of other options. plus its a good fit so it may work out very very well.

I like the new t-wolved kahn has put together. very excited to see them play next season. loved watching them last season when rubio was healthy.

topdog
07-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm all for guys getting big money. But, if its for contending for a title, the Nets are a better option then the T-Wolves (no disrespect to all of you T-Wolves fans).

That's highly debatable. I honestly don't see what's so special about the Nets (especially in the playoffs). The Heat are still major favorites and Boston has re-loaded nicely. Pacers also would like a good mention since they too made the playoffs last year unlike the Nets.

Both the Wolves and the Nets have made some big moves this offseason. How those moves will pay off remains to be seen. Quite frankly, why should a player take a $15M paycut from his last deal to go to a team where everybody else is overpaid?

WickedBadMan
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Lol, trying to figure put if the racism stuff is srs.

Is every other team in the NBA racist for not having more white people?

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM

neither is contending for a title right now. He went where the money talked, like most athletes do. If you really believe the Nets are legit threats to unseat Miami in the east, you will be very disappointed this season.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Why spend this much on AK-47 or bring him in period, when DWill needs to be developed?

Because he has been so slow to develop. Williams will still get plenty of minutes at both forward positions, somewhere in the 25-28 mpg range if he gets Adelmans trust.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered user usually means your a dupe account...

And like blood bath from malibus most wanted "It's a jack"
:laugh2: Nice quote. How do you change from Register Account to (example: PSD's Jim Morrison), can u help me?

C_Mund
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM

He has a similar skill set to Wallace. Why would he take half the money and split the minutes?
Besides I have a feeling that playing next to a 3-point shooting pf is just what he needs, it's why I wanted the Raps to go after him. He defends, rebounds and distributes all from the mid-post and Love's outside shots will just open up tons of room for AK and Pec. I like the signing.

smith&wesson
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Lol, trying to figure put if the racism stuff is srs.

Is every other team in the NBA racist for not having more white people?

ya these racial jokes are some of stupidest posts i ever seen in my life.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:49 PM
neither is contending for a title right now. He went where the money talked, like most athletes do. If you really believe the Nets are legit threats to unseat Miami in the east, you will be very disappointed this season.

I don't. I'm just saying RIGHT NOW, the nets are a better team than Minny. AK got a good deal, OK! The Nets will be way better in the Trade Deadline and FA next year.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
He has a similar skill set to Wallace. Why would he take half the money and split the minutes?
Besides I have a feeling that playing next to a 3-point shooting pf is just what he needs, it's why I wanted the Raps to go after him. He defends, rebounds and distributes all from the mid-post and Love's outside shots will just open up tons of room for AK and Pec. I like the signing.

Ak-47 and G-Force would be one HELL of a SF combo, that's for sure.

Lo Porto
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
T-Wolves overpaid for AK, but he was the best free agent out there which has to be said. AK will help Minnesota win games because he will do all the little things that most players won't do.

AK excels in Europe playing PF. Expect Minny to go small a lot this year with Love at C and AK at PF.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Can anyone please help me get this Damn "Register User" off my signature please?

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't. I'm just saying RIGHT NOW, the nets are a better team than Minny. AK got a good deal, OK! The Nets will be way better in the Trade Deadline and FA next year.

we will see how good each is this season, I don't even care about another team from the east right now, when neither will face each other in the playoffs anytime soon.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
we will see how good each is this season, I don't even care about another team from the east right now, when neither will face each other in the playoffs anytime soon.

Jim Carry: "ALRIGHTY THEN!"

SluggeR
07-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Because he has been so slow to develop. Williams will still get plenty of minutes at both forward positions, somewhere in the 25-28 mpg range if he gets Adelmans trust.

Too slow? What is your definition of development?

xILLN355
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't get it, 3-5 mil maybe but 10 mil a year is insane, he will average more than a million per point lol not bad! Lol

kobe almost does that?

Vending Machine
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
The Nets are a better team? :speechless:

Based on what? Race?

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 07:01 PM

I dunno about that. The Nets may have Deron Williams, but the Wolves have Kevin Love. After Deron, who do the Nets have? Lopez? He's Kevin Love without the 3pt range and half the rebounds. Gerald Wallace is on the downturn of his career and will start declining sometime during this 4yr contract. And he plays the same position as AK47. Kris Humphries is decent, but I'd rather have Rubio. A healthy Brandon Roy is better than Joe Johnson. I think Pekovic's going to have a great career. They are deeper with Williams, Budinger, and Barea, and have a better coach.

Vending Machine
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I dunno about that. The Nets may have Deron Williams, but the Wolves have Kevin Love. After Deron, who do the Nets have? Lopez? He's Kevin Love without the 3pt range and half the rebounds. Gerald Wallace is on the downturn of his career and will start declining sometime during this 4yr contract. And he plays the same position as AK47. Kris Humphries is decent, but I'd rather have Rubio. A healthy Brandon Roy is better than Joe Johnson. I think Pekovic's going to have a great career. They are deeper with Williams, Budinger, and Barea, and have a better coach.

This x100, The Nets haven't proven anything except that they are overpriced.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Too slow? What is your definition of development?

It differs. But Williams isn't lacking talent, he is lacking focus and consistency. Like I said, he will still get the minutes, but Adelman even commented last week in the summer league he isn't sold on Williams at SF, and I completely agree. Williams will need to play the hybrid forward position, and will still get 25 mpg or so off the bench. Plenty of opportunity to develop. We are short on bigs, so he will probably play mostly PF.

Punk
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Some of these posts are so facepalm worthy. The general board has become a joke now. How is he washed up? He has the best defensive stats in the FA class. He had his best season in years in Europe. Deron loved playing with him.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2012/7/23/3177834/free-agent-wings

It's a 2 year deal nonetheless. Great move by Minnesota.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Joe Johnson (18 PPG scorer), Humphries (double-double machine), Gerald Wallace (Good SF), Teletovic (Europe's best player last year), C.J. Watson (played really good when D-Rose was injured).

Vending Machine
07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
The Nets are a better team? :speechless:

Based on what? Race?

:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:06 PM

While I agree, until Love and co. close a season strong, I don't buy they are better then the Nets. I think on paper, if Rubio and Roy are somewhat healthy, and Kirilenko can do his normal deal at 14-5-4-2-1, with nice defense, and if Williams takes a positive step forward, the Wolves are better. But games aren't played on paper.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Joe Johnson (18 PPG scorer), Humphries (double-double machine), Gerald Wallace (Good SF), Teletovic (Europe's best player last year), C.J. Watson (played really good when D-Rose was injured).

Yeah, I just can't bank on Roy being healthy, but I have to add, Joe Johnson shrinks like a scared turtle in the playoffs. He is literally the last "star" I want on my team come the real games.

Also, Kirilenko was Europe's best player, which is why he won MVP and DPOY of the Euroleague...

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
Kirilenko was thinking of joining the Lakers for the veteran's minimum ($1.3 mil), goes to show you how much Minnesota overpaid...would have been sweet for us dammit minny!

Punk
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Shved/Lee
Kirilenko
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stemisma

They simply need a few other pieces. AK is a good backup plan to Batum. Small markets have to overpay to get players interested in teams that are not successful. People need to quit crying about overpaid.

Vending Machine
07-25-2012, 07:12 PM
If Love becomes the next player to want out I will stop watching the NBA indefinitely...

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I just can't bank on Roy being healthy, but I have to add, Joe Johnson shrinks like a scared turtle in the playoffs. He is literally the last "star" I want on my team come the real games.

Also, Kirilenko was Europe's best player, which is why he won MVP and DPOY of the Euroleague...

Shrinks with Biddy, Hinrich, and Jeff Teague. IMO, his play should be better with D-Will passing the rock.

Statistically Teletovic was better than AK.

kblo247
07-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Most interested in seeing Love play with guys who will cut into his stat padding. Maybe he will actually show up and try to defend with guys like Roy, AK, Bud, and so on.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:22 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hmmm, hater.:pity:

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
...would have been sweet for us dammit minny!

that has nothing to do with it. Of course if a non-playoff team doesn't make his decision for him basically, he would go to a Laker/Heat team. That is why you overpay...

kblo247
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
...would have been sweet for us dammit minny!

Where the **** would he have played? Jamison is going to have to get SF time as is. He would have forced Ron to get backup SG minutes I guess when Kobe sat.

I like AK on my fantasy teams, but I'm glad he didn't join the Lakers as they need a swing player on the perimeter not another 3/4 when they have Artest and Jamison

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Shrinks with Biddy, Hinrich, and Jeff Teague. IMO, his play should be better with D-Will passing the rock.

Statistically Teletovic was better than AK.

Well, he has a lot of years of sucking come playoffs. Maybe he gets rid of it, maybe not. I figure not.

My point was, we just added a really good Euro as well, so its at the very least offsetting.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Most interested in seeing Love play with guys who will cut into his stat padding. Maybe he will actually show up and try to defend with guys like Roy, AK, Bud, and so on.

Love's life will be much easier. I am sure that will make him more then happy.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Shved/Lee
Kirilenko
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stemisma

They simply need a few other pieces. AK is a good backup plan to Batum. Small markets have to overpay to get players interested in teams that are not successful. People need to quit crying about overpaid.

Budinger at SF off the bench, you left him off. :)

Ironman5219
07-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Here is a Jazz perspective: We loved AK on our team, the man is long, and can block anyone anywhere, great all around defense, great passing skills, can hit the 3 or take it in for a dunk. Great team player and high character. unfortunately he's also kind of a glass man, very injury prone especially with his back. He plays better at the 4 than the 3, but does not have the NBA body to defend most NBA 4's. 10 mill is a little much, but make no mistake, AK-47 would improve any team out there.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Well, he has a lot of years of sucking come playoffs. Maybe he gets rid of it, maybe not. I figure not.

My point was, we just added a really good Euro as well, so its at the very least offsetting.

And I'm happy you got Ak. Would I like him in BRK, of course I would. But, now that he lands in Minny, I would love to see him, Rubio, and Love, so now it's now interesting for me to watch the NBA. Either way I win, that's how I like stories and watching sports for my whole 18 years living in this planet.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Here is a Jazz perspective: We loved AK on our team, the man is long, and can block anyone anywhere, great all around defense, great passing skills, can hit the 3 or take it in for a dunk. Great team player and high character. unfortunately he's also kind of a glass man, very injury prone especially with his back. He plays better at the 4 than the 3, but does not have the NBA body to defend most NBA 4's. 10 mill is a little much, but make no mistake, AK-47 would improve any team out there.

I think you hit on something important here. His injuries, playing 3-4 games a week in the NBA, versus 1-2 a week in Euroleague. If healthy, he is really, really good. But he may just not be built to play so often with the style he plays. I believe he will guard mostly 3's, but play both forward positions.

It's an overpay, no doubt. But the Wolves will be much better next season, as long as Rubio's knee is 100% by late December, which is totally possible, reports are he is ahead of schedule.

TeamSeattle
07-25-2012, 07:36 PM

Of course he would make anyteam's bench much better but at this point in his career he just isn't worth that type of money. With the way contracts have been this year for tier2 and tier3 players this is ok I guess.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM

He is 0-5 so far.

What are you talkin about, bro? They got Joe Johnson! AND Jerry Stackhouse! :crazy: :D

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM
And I'm happy you got Ak. Would I like him in BRK, of course I would. But, now that he lands in Minny, I would love to see him, Rubio, and Love, so now it's now interesting for me to watch the NBA. Either way I win, that's how I like stories and watching sports for my whole 18 years living in this planet.

I have to be honest, as much as I dislike Deron for running Sloan out the door, I will be watching the Nets cause I really like Lopez and Wallace.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Where the **** would he have played? Jamison is going to have to get SF time as is. He would have forced Ron to get backup SG minutes I guess when Kobe sat.

I like AK on my fantasy teams, but I'm glad he didn't join the Lakers as they need a swing player on the perimeter not another 3/4 when they have Artest and Jamison

because we need *****ing shooters think b4 u speak

smith&wesson
07-25-2012, 07:40 PM

he is solid. great glue player. he'll be great with love and rubio and he will be a big help getting the twovles back to the playoffs. i like the pick up alot. a bit over paid yes, but some times you have to pay for talent when you need it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Lol this isn't 2004 anymore. AK used to be a beast. Would swat anything. Last time I seen AK block a shot was like 2007 lol

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I have to be honest, as much as I dislike Deron for running Sloan out the door, I will be watching the Nets cause I really like Lopez and Wallace.

Thank you. And I'll be watching Rubio, Shved and Roy make big plays for the T-Wolves.:cool:

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Lol this isn't 2004 anymore. AK used to be a beast. Would swat anything. Last time I seen AK block a shot was like 2007 lol

he is a better defensive player at this point then most the league. Just won DPOY in Euroleague, and 2 years ago held his man to a PER of 11.

alencp3
07-25-2012, 08:04 PM
if love doesnt make the playoffs with this team...

jp611
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
if love doesnt make the playoffs with this team...

Then come on over to Chicago :D

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Humphries is a pretty good player, but lives mostly off scraps and should be a MUCH better defender than he is. Wallace WILL start declining in this 4yr contract, and given that his game is so athletically based, it will be a quick decline. Joe Johnson scores, so what? Just about any starting caliber wing player can get 18ppg if you run plays for him and give him starter minutes.

I don't know anything about Teletovic so I can't comment, but wasn't Kirilenko Euroleague MVP?

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Humphries is a pretty good player, but lives mostly off scraps and should be a MUCH better defender than he is. Wallace WILL start declining in this 4yr contract, and given that his game is so athletically based, it will be a quick decline. Joe Johnson scores, so what? Just about any starting caliber wing player can get 18ppg if you run plays for him and give him starter minutes.

I don't know anything about Teletovic so I can't comment, but wasn't Kirilenko Euroleague MVP?

Hump's role is to rebound and play solid defense. Maybe get 11-12 points per night. Wallace is not your #1 scorer, so he'll drop points without being double teamed like when he's was in Charlotte with Stephan Jackson. Joe Johnson is going to get the rock from DERON WILLIAMS, a Top 3 Point Guard in this league.

AK was MVP, but Teletovic was the leading scorer.

DragonJaii
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
thought he was going to nets for vet min.

IndyRealist
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Hump's role is to rebound and play solid defense. Maybe get 11-12 points per night. Wallace is not your #1 scorer, so he'll drop points without being double teamed like when he's was in Charlotte with Stephan Jackson. Joe Johnson is going to get the rock from DERON WILLIAMS, a Top 3 Point Guard in this league.

"Leading scorer" does not making him better. But I notice that all your comparisons are about how much someone scores.

Humphries doesn't really play solid defense, he rebounds. He -should- be twice the defender he is now, because he's so athletic. He just doesn't seem to have the mindset for it.

Joe Johnson's average to above average, but is paid like a superstar. I've never seen the fascination with him.

Deron Williams was most definitely not a top 3 PG last year, and it remains to be seen whether he returns to form or not. Even if he returns to Jazz-like productivity, it'd be a stretch to have him in the top 3 even with Derrick Rose out. I'd still take Paul, Nash, or Rondo over him, and I might take Westbrook over prime-Deron.

On the Wolves side, I forgot they added Greg Stiemsma as well. Solid backup C. Who's the Nets' backup C?

kblo247
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
because we need *****ing shooters think b4 u speak

The guy is a career 31.2 three point shooter, worse than Matt Barnes, you really need to think before you quote me and make a stupid *** post about him bringing shooting when he's the worst guy among the other guys who play his role of 3/4 in Ron and AJ, and even Matt. Hell Luel Walton is abetter 3pt guy for his career, so don't be a smart *** when you are wrong :facepalm:

kblo247
07-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Love's life will be much easier. I am sure that will make him more then happy.

I better see some defensive effort for sure this year. It isn't excusable to dog it on that end when he got some help both in terms of basketball and brains on the squad. They don't make the playoffs and he has to own that one or at least get stuck with the bs Randolph and Al stat stuffer label for a year.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 09:16 PM

AK was the MVP and DPOY....

Much stronger season.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
I better see some defensive effort for sure this year. It isn't excusable to dog it on that end when he got some help both in terms of basketball and brains on the squad

agreed.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
"Leading scorer" does not making him better. But I notice that all your comparisons are about how much someone scores.

Humphries doesn't really play solid defense, he rebounds. He -should- be twice the defender he is now, because he's so athletic. He just doesn't seem to have the mindset for it.

Joe Johnson's average to above average, but is paid like a superstar. I've never seen the fascination with him.

Deron Williams was most definitely not a top 3 PG last year, and it remains to be seen whether he returns to form or not. Even if he returns to Jazz-like productivity, it'd be a stretch to have him in the top 3 even with Derrick Rose out. I'd still take Paul, Nash, or Rondo over him, and I might take Westbrook over prime-Deron.

On the Wolves side, I forgot they added Greg Stiemsma as well. Solid backup C. Who's the Nets' backup C?

D-Will not a top 3 PG: WHAT! Stiemsma is Scalabriene 2.0. Nets will get the backup center fixed later.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
AK was the MVP and DPOY....

Much stronger season.

Alright, I'll take your word.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
D-Will not a top 3 PG: WHAT! Stiemsma is Scalabriene 2.0. Nets will get the backup center fixed later.

No, Deron has not been a top 3 PG for the last 2 seasons.

Stiemsma is a MUCH better defender then Scal could dream of.

Googilyotta21
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Who cares if he is overpaid it' not that big of a deal it's for two years. Its not like it's going to kill our cap for years to come.

popo85
07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
AK and Roy 2 good moves by Minny they badly needed to address the wing

kblo247
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
AK and Roy 2 good moves by Minny they badly needed to address the wing

I like Bud as well.

Punk
07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not understanding the complaints. It's a 2 year deal with a player option.

For your sake, I hope you're joking. Stiemsma was Boston's Omer Asik.

dodie53
07-26-2012, 02:26 AM
white wolves.
hehe

STL Don
07-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Very interesting.
Although a big contract, he should help buff up the depth on their team significantly. He's a defensive specialist with experience and leadership.

I'm curious to see how the rotation plays out.

RLundi
07-26-2012, 10:55 AM
That's a lot of fair-skinned individuals for one team.

WSU Tony
07-26-2012, 11:05 AM
I will never understand why people hate the wolves. It's not even like people are neutral about the team - most of you don't like this team. You're not even sure why.... You just do.

No matter the move this team makes it's a bad one in your eyes. The Wolves could win 50 games this year and instead of praising the management for making a GOOD TEAM.... you guys find a way to nit-pick.

This NBA section is trash. It's impossible to carry on a decent conversation about any topic. Either people are too dumb to understand they are dumb or they hate players/teams and can't come up with a legitimate reason why. Delete this post if you must, I'm not concerned.

oak2455
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
That's a lot of fair-skinned individuals for one team.

what a dumb statement:facepalm:

Hype
07-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Who cares if people hate the Wolves? We'll just smoke them out of the playoffs and go to the finals like the Thunder just did, hate on - it's irrelevant. Kahn has done a phenomenal job any way you cut it. No one wants to comment on how the wizards gave up Rubio for Randy Foye and Mike Miller - both one year rentals. Pretty sure that was an amazing deal

RLundi
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
what a dumb statement:facepalm:

Facepalming- your originality dazzles me.

That was a sarcastic ode and play on the Minny being racist thread from a couple of days ago.

Next time would you like me to put 'lol' or a smiley face to appease the sensitive individuals such as yourself? Or maybe you'd just like a tissue.

fadedmario
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
I like Minny's team. Everyone is hating before they see them play. They could be real good..

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Facepalming- your originality dazzles me.

That was a sarcastic ode and play on the Minny being racist thread from a couple of days ago.

Next time would you like me to put 'lol' or a smiley face to appease the sensitive individuals such as yourself? Or maybe you'd just like a tissue.

owned

Becks2307
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
i don't think anyone is hating on Minny at all, i think they just think its odd, and quite frankly it is...i don't care though but as someone said it would be the same has a hockey team having all black players

NYKnickFanatic
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Wolves will have the 5th best record in the West this year. Book it.

Googilyotta21
07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
So people are still seeing this as an issue then?

WSU Tony
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Rubio/Ridnour
Roy/Budinger
AK/Budinger
Love/Cunningham
Pek/Stetsema

Not bad... I like it.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
1.OKC
2.Lakers
3.Spurs
4.memphis
5.LAC
6.Denver
7.Utah
8.Minnesota
9.Portland
10.Dallas
11.Phoenix
12.Houston
13.New Orleans
14.Golden State
15. SAC

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-26-2012, 12:01 PM
he is a better defensive player at this point then most the league. Just won DPOY in Euroleague, and 2 years ago held his man to a PER of 11.

I appreciate you comment. But honestly, it's pointless. AK has been irrelevant in the NBA for years now. Kirlileno, IDC if he won MVP in he Euro-League, or whatever it was, for 10 Mil, is absurd.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I appreciate you comment. But honestly, it's pointless. AK has been irrelevant in the NBA for years now. Kirlileno, IDC if he won MVP in he Euro-League, or whatever it was, for 10 Mil, is absurd.

It's an overpay. But even in 2010-11, Kirilenko was second on the Jazz in simple rating, and held his man to a PER of 11. So yes, he can still defend at an elite level, coming of MVP and DPOY of the Euroleague. But will his body hold up for 82 NBA games is the concern.

VikesTwinsWolve
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM

I about fell out of my chair when i read that a knicks fan was disgusted for the wolves overpaying for a free agent! Really? Do i need to go into the knicks contracts! haha

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I about fell out of my chair when i read that a knicks fan was disgusted for the wolves overpaying for a free agent! Really? Do i need to go into the knicks contracts! haha

yea somehow this is absurd but chandler making 15 mil per season is justifiable

knicks fans make me laugh

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
kirilenko contract > STAT contract.

wolves will be real fiesty next year, nice pick-up for them.

Joker55
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Like the guy and all, but that is way too expensive.

NYsFinest
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
yea somehow this is absurd but chandler making 15 mil per season is justifiable

knicks fans make me laugh

Its absurd that the DPOY that led the league in shooting percentage is making 15 mill a year?!

Coming from a fan of a team who has Joe Johnson making 24 mil a year, HUMP making 12 mill a year, Lopez making 16 mill a year and Wallace making 10 a year. And Knicks fans make YOU laugh?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Its absurd that the DPOY that led the league in shooting percentage is making 15 mill a year?!

Coming from a fan of a team who has Joe Johnson making 24 mil a year, HUMP making 12 mill a year, Lopez making 16 mill a year and Wallace making 10 a year. And Knicks fans make YOU laugh?

to be fair, your front office was legendary at giving out ridiculous deals for a decade. And you know this.

C_Mund
07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
If you got the money to spend and there's somebody available why not spend it?
He'll be a good player for them and it's only a 2-year deal. If things don't work out this year it's a nice juicy expiring in the off-season

NYsFinest
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
to be fair, your front office was legendary at giving out ridiculous deals for a decade. And you know this.

I agree, its a pot meet kettle kind of situation. Just tired of Nets fans acting like their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread since they moved to Brooklyn and obsessing over taking shots at the Knicks.

NYsFinest
07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
I like the deal for the Wolves, this market has been crazy and they got a very good player on a short deal. If you have money to spend, the length of the deal is more important than the value. When Kris Humphries is getting 2 yrs 24 mill, 2 yrs 20 mill is more than fair for Kirilenko.

Stinkyoutsider
07-26-2012, 01:21 PM
It seems like Kahn and the Wolves are scrambling to find players? I know that it's tough or nearly impossible to get a star in free agency for the Wolves, but I think Kahn needs to work smart and not give a huge contract to a guy who's worth only half that.

AK47 is still a solid player but I wouldn't pay any more than 5 or 6 million a season for him.

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM

well said and Chandler is only making 13.6 M this year so there ;)

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree, its a pot meet kettle kind of situation. Just tired of Nets fans acting like their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread since they moved to Brooklyn and obsessing over taking shots at the Knicks.

yeah dude, the new rivarly will be good, yet so annoying haha.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
well said and Chandler is only making 13.6 M this year so there ;)

I mean, criticizing Chandler's deal is ridiculous when you have DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Brook Lopez, and some others making the money they make. Noah gets paid nearly the same, and isn't the player Chandler is.

keetyweedy
07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I mean, criticizing Chandler's deal is ridiculous when you have DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Brook Lopez, and some others making the money they make. Noah gets paid nearly the same, and isn't the player Chandler is.

Chandler is still overpaid imo, but so is everyone else you just named so it doesnt make it seem as bad

Gritz
07-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't have gave him more than the vet mini

C_Mund
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
It seems like Kahn and the Wolves are scrambling to find players? I know that it's tough or nearly impossible to get a star in free agency for the Wolves, but I think Kahn needs to work smart and not give a huge contract to a guy who's worth only half that.

AK47 is still a solid player but I wouldn't pay any more than 5 or 6 million a season for him.

I'm not really sure how people can say he's only worth that? He's not ancient and he's one of the only guys in my lifetime that put up a bunch of 5x5's. The guy affects every single category when it comes to filling up stats and he defends really well. I'm sure he's declined a bit athletically, but he was never overwhelming as it is. He's always been a cerebral player.

nate2usmc
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
At first I laughed at this deal BUT they have the money to spend so why not? No rock left unturned. Minny has an interesting team to watch. FINALLY! It's a tough Western Conference but it's a good feeling to have (for a Wolves fan) to finally make some noise and get to the playoffs.

SlimKid
07-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I like the deal for the Wolves, this market has been crazy and they got a very good player on a short deal. If you have money to spend, the length of the deal is more important than the value. When Kris Humphries is getting 2 yrs 24 mill, 2 yrs 20 mill is more than fair for Kirilenko.

Excellent point. It's still an overpay, but it's a fair deal when you compare it to other contracts recently given.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 02:02 PM

lopez doesnt make 16 mil a year, joe johnson doesnt make 24 mil per year

hes overrated on defense and the only took 5 shots per game and I bet almost all of them were dunks so that shooting percentage is skewd

not to mention hes been getting abused in the team usa exhibitions

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM

you must be kidding... knicks fans make threads dedicated on taking shots at the nets

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:09 PM
lopez doesnt make 16 mil a year, joe johnson doesnt make 24 mil per year

hes overrated on defense and the only took 5 shots per game and I bet almost all of them were dunks so that shooting percentage is skewd

not to mention hes been getting abused in the team usa exhibitions

over 11 points a game on less then 6 attempts. Draws fouls like a machine. Absolutely keeps teams from coming into the paint. Offensive ratings off the chart (#1 in the NBA 2 straight years).

I think you may be underrating Chandler actually.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
over 11 points a game on less then 6 attempts. Draws fouls like a machine. Absolutely keeps teams from coming into the paint. Offensive ratings off the chart (#1 in the NBA 2 straight years).

I think you may be underrating Chandler actually.

Ive seen plenty of teams/players drive the paint on the chandler... so thats not really true

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
camby does the same exact thing as chandler.... defend and rebound and hes cheaper... by A LOT

daboywonder2002
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
i could see being upset if it was a 4 year 40 mill dollar deal or 5yrs/50 million. ITS 2 YEARS PEOPLE. thats nothing.

TopsyTurvy
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Must... placate... Love...

Hype
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
So yeah, back to Kirilenko. Dude is going to be boss. Gotta figure the T-Wolves just added two former All-Stars in Roy and Kirilenko. Chase is going to be money and Derrick Williams is basically in a make or break year in only his second season in the league, we're not scared to cut ties if you're not pulling your weight (Flynn/Brewer/Johnson/Foye). I mean, can you imagine if Derrick Williams made the All-Star team this year? If he just stepped it up we would be absolutely loaded and a serious contender. Now is the time, I like having virtually no rookies (minus sved who is 23 and a virtual veteran already).

We're for sure in at least the second tier of teams right now, the first I'd say are Miami, L.A. Lakers, Knicks, Nets, OKC, but after that we're right there, and we can hold our own against OKC. I think we're going to see a lot of fans in the seats this year, and it's gearing up to be the perfect launching board for Glen Taylor to sell the squad to a new owner on a high note.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Ive seen plenty of teams/players drive the paint on the chandler... so thats not really true

I think you took that way too literal. Nobody in history can completely keep people out of the paint, but he keeps them out at a much higher rate then most teams. Furthermore, when you have Melo, Amare, Lin, and the other poor defenders the Knicks had on the perimeter letting wings and guards come at his 100 mph, nobody can stop that. Chandler has great close out speed, times blocks, keeps them in play, rebounds. Centers, traditionally, are wanted to defende and rebound. He is the anti-Brook Lopez for instance.

A little exercise will fix this. List every starting center, how much they make, and how much they produce. Get rid of any still on rookie scale deals, that is not indicative of what they will be paid next. Chandler's deal is not that bad at all.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
camby does the same exact thing as chandler.... defend and rebound and hes cheaper... by A LOT

there is a reason he is cheaper. He doesn't do any of it nearly as well as Chandler. I always thought Camby was very overrated. He gets abused physically, but because he has spent a career blocking shots from the weakside, he is considered this worldly defender. I don't get it.

Weezy
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Chandler is still overpaid imo, but so is everyone else you just named so it doesnt make it seem as bad

It's funny you mention this because many Knick fans including myself thought the same but damn....I can't complain because of what he brings on the court every night. And then after seeing these huge contracts being handed out like candy canes makes it better :)

Punk
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Tyson Chandler's career:

-All Defensive Team.
-NBA Champion
-Olympic Championship.
-Defensive Player Of The Year
-Leading NBA Player in FG %

He makes 56 million while Lopez, Hibbert make nearly 60 million but he's overpaid....OK?

Lol

Tyson is 29 in his prime. Camby is 38 on the verge of retiring. Camby in his prime got the same pay as Chandler.

Stop it. Just stop.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:36 PM
So yeah, back to Kirilenko. Dude is going to be boss. Gotta figure the T-Wolves just added two former All-Stars in Roy and Kirilenko. Chase is going to be money and Derrick Williams is basically in a make or break year in only his second season in the league, we're not scared to cut ties if you're not pulling your weight (Flynn/Brewer/Johnson/Foye). I mean, can you imagine if Derrick Williams made the All-Star team this year? If he just stepped it up we would be absolutely loaded and a serious contender. Now is the time, I like having virtually no rookies (minus sved who is 23 and a virtual veteran already).

We're for sure in at least the second tier of teams right now, the first I'd say are Miami, L.A. Lakers, Knicks, Nets, OKC, but after that we're right there, and we can hold our own against OKC. I think we're going to see a lot of fans in the seats this year, and it's gearing up to be the perfect launching board for Glen Taylor to sell the squad to a new owner on a high note.

Rubio won't be healthy to start the year, and it will take until Christmas, best case, for him to be 100%. Roy is a complete question mark, and even an optimist would hope for 60 games played at 20-24 mpg. Kirilenko is on the downside of his career, he is no longer Mr. Everything, but he is a solid upgrade. He also struggled with back issues before he left for Europe, where they play a lot less games and have more rest.

The Wolves, on paper, if everything falls right, can easily fight for a #4-6 seed. But that would be best case scenarios nearly everywhere along the line. Probably not happening.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:38 PM
the only bad thing about Chandler's deal is Morey poison pilling y'all in Lin's deal.

Punk
07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
the only bad thing about Chandler's deal is Morey poison pilling y'all in Lin's deal.

True but if it wasn't for Chandler, Lin would have never been discovered. Billups would have been a Knick at that point.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
True but if it wasn't for Chandler, Lin would have never been discovered. Billups would have been a Knick at that point.

touche.

Aleksandar
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Not Last year. I mean now

For you making fun of my Nets:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5XXcRsZ3k
3:45-3:48:laugh2:

Were not expected to win a title. Our goal is to make our stand as a FA destination and make a title run next year. So, don't make stuff about us not winning a title. I'm not DoMeFAvors.

Next year? You took massive contracts to make a run with this team. I don't know what are you hoping for, you won't get any FA's in the coming years, unless you make cap space by trading away Joe Johnson /sarcasm

AddiX
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Rubio won't be healthy to start the year, and it will take until Christmas, best case, for him to be 100%. Roy is a complete question mark, and even an optimist would hope for 60 games played at 20-24 mpg. Kirilenko is on the downside of his career, he is no longer Mr. Everything, but he is a solid upgrade. He also struggled with back issues before he left for Europe, where they play a lot less games and have more rest.

The Wolves, on paper, if everything falls right, can easily fight for a #4-6 seed. But that would be best case scenarios nearly everywhere along the line. Probably not happening.

4-6 is pretty high expectations IMO.

7-8 seems more likely, with you guys, Hou, Dal battling it out for the last2 spots.

What teams that were 1-6 do you think you guys will leapfrog this this? All pretty solid teams, don't see any falling off this year except maybe SA.

Punk
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Minny will be either 5th to 7th barring injuries.

Next year? You took massive contracts to make a run with this team. I don't know what are you hoping for, you won't get any FA's in the coming years, unless you make cap space by trading away Joe Johnson /sarcasm

Exactly. It's Dwight or bust. There is no flexibility with Deron's 100 million, Johnson being owed 94 million, Wallace 40 million, Humphries 25 million (realistically the only piece that can be moved) to make other moves.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Tyson Chandler's career:

-All Defensive Team.
-NBA Champion
-Olympic Championship.
-Defensive Player Of The Year
-Leading NBA Player in FG %

He makes 56 million while Lopez, Hibbert make nearly 60 million but he's overpaid....OK?

Lol

Tyson is 29 in his prime. Camby is 38 on the verge of retiring. Camby in his prime got the same pay as Chandler.

Stop it. Just stop.

hes not an olympic champion so I have no idea where you go that from

he only won the DPOY because of the NY writers homering him... you can ask any player in the league and they will tell you lebron james or tony allen should have gotten it

NBA champion... big deal.. adam morrison has 2 rings

leading nba player in FG %... thats really tough when you only dunk the ball and do it 5 times a game

you want me to keep going?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 03:11 PM
4-6 is pretty high expectations IMO.

7-8 seems more likely, with you guys, Hou, Dal battling it out for the last2 spots.

What teams that were 1-6 do you think you guys will leapfrog this this? All pretty solid teams, don't see any falling off this year except maybe SA.

Right. I said if every best case scenario takes place, we can fight for 4-5. The chances of that happening are extremely slim.

As far as leapfrogging teams, we are now talking about some of them having bad case scenarios, which happen every year. Can't speculate on that yet.

SpeeMN
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
10 million coming off the books for that 3rd year of Kevin Love's contract will look great. Kahn knows what he is doing with the money that we have and needed to spend.

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
hes not an olympic champion so I have no idea where you go that from

he only won the DPOY because of the NY writers homering him... you can ask any player in the league and they will tell you lebron james or tony allen should have gotten it

leading nba player in FG %... thats really tough when you only dunk the ball and do it 5 times a game

See these are the people that give me the most headaches. This guy never gives facts just grossly mistated opinion. "He only won DPOY because of the ny writers homerism for him" wtf :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 03:36 PM

Are you claiming that Chandler isn't an elite defender? If so, please explain why.

What timeline did a Mavs team that had been perennial contenders finally win a chip? Was it with, or without Chandler's paint presence, and ability to not have a single play run for him yet still have the highest offensive rating in the game?

He just finished #1 in the NBA in TS%, eFG%, and Offensive rating. You can't do that if all you can do is turn and dunk when the ball presents itself. Chandler draws fouls on over 28% of all his attempts, drawing fouls like a machine. This helps the entire offense.

Please do. He is the next guy, after Dwight and Bynum at this point, I would take as a center.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 03:39 PM
you forget chandler was a borderline waiver player before dallas won the championship... and he ONLY got that contract because of what dallas did... he has never warranted that money in his career

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
great defensive center!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=chandty01

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 03:42 PM
you forget chandler was a borderline waiver player before dallas won the championship... and he ONLY got that contract because of what dallas did... he has never warranted that money in his career

Even if that were true, and it's not, how is that relevant? He plays excellent basketball, and was paid for it.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 03:42 PM
great defensive center!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=chandty01

you are now using head to heads?

Melo is better then Bron if we do this. Deron is better then Paul if we do this. It's a pathetic way to measure players.

Scooby-Doo
07-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Many people don't know that Kirilenko used to be a triple-double machine, as well as the best player on the Utah Jazz.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
you are now using head to heads?

Melo is better then Bron if we do this. Deron is better then Paul if we do this. It's a pathetic way to measure players.

wrong

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

and you act like its something crazy to think dwill can be better than cp3?

mngopher35
07-26-2012, 04:00 PM
great defensive center!

This is what happens when you compare head to heads. Look at overall bodies of work. Honestly I like Lopez and think he will be a top 5 center very soon (when healthy).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=milicda01

topdog
07-26-2012, 04:02 PM

Chandler helped make NOLA a perenniel playoff threat. His decrease in value was due to lingering injuries. OKC wanted him as their starting center until the physical. Let's not act like this is Jeremy Lin here.

Also, see what Dallas did last year without him.

mngopher35
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyways on topic. I think the contract should have been like 7-8 mil, but if humphries is getting 2yr 24 I guess I cant complain too much. The wolves needed to upgrade their starting wings and they did it. We overpayed but its worth it considering the other names left in FA. Id rather have Kirilinko for this money than wes johnson and a little cap space...

topdog
07-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Anyways on topic. I think the contract should have been like 7-8 mil, but if humphries is getting 2yr 24 I guess I cant complain too much. The wolves needed to upgrade their starting wings and they did it. We overpayed but its worth it considering the other names left in FA. Id rather have Kirilinko for this money than wes johnson and a little cap space...

The whole team seems to be a 2-year plan so it's not that big of a deal. Play it out and see about re-signing guys for maybe a little less if it works out.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
wrong

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

and you act like its something crazy to think dwill can be better than cp3?

Didn't know Bron had passed him yet, it's been a WHILE since I looked.

Yes, it's far fetched to say Deron has ever been as good as Paul.

Point is, you will always find head to heads that don't reflect reality in the slightest.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Didn't know Bron had passed him yet, it's been a WHILE since I looked.

Yes, it's far fetched to say Deron has ever been as good as Paul.

Point is, you will always find head to heads that don't reflect reality in the slightest.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

ewing
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Many people don't know that Kirilenko used to be a triple-double machine, as well as the best player on the Utah Jazz.

AK47 is a very good ball handler and passer. His effectiveness on offensive went way down hill when Williams became a stud and took over all the ball a handling responsibilites. I dont see a lot point foward chances for him in Minn either. He still is a really good super rangey defender

GREATNESS ONE
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol yikes

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Chandler helped make NOLA a perenniel playoff threat. His decrease in value was due to lingering injuries. OKC wanted him as their starting center until the physical. Let's not act like this is Jeremy Lin here.

Also, see what Dallas did last year without him.

perenniel???? you mean 2 seasons where they made the PO's lol

and he only had 1 season that you can call decent in NOLA

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

You're a big fan of basketballreference. Pull them up, career wise. Year by year, whatever you like. Outside of Paul's injury plagued year, he as been clearly the better PG, and Deron has slipped the last 2 seasons, one due to injuries/trade, and one due to who knows what.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
You're a big fan of basketballreference. Pull them up, career wise. Year by year, whatever you like. Outside of Paul's injury plagued year, he as been clearly the better PG, and Deron has slipped the last 2 seasons, one due to injuries/trade, and one due to who knows what.

better? maybe, possibly, its debatable

but

clearly? you are nuts

topdog
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
perenniel???? you mean 2 seasons where they made the PO's lol

and he only had 1 season that you can call decent in NOLA

Averaging 9 points on 56.5% shooting 9 rebounds and a block is just "decent?" That's pretty good for a center these days. Plus, that's when he got injured. So, he spent a year with the Bobcats getting traded for Okafor who was healthy and that makes him some sort of waiver player? The next year he wins a championship and the next year he helps the Knicks get back into the playoffs. He doesn't sound very good at all :rolleyes:

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Averaging 9 points on 56.5% shooting 9 rebounds and a block is just "decent?" That's pretty good for a center these days. Plus, that's when he got injured. So, he spent a year with the Bobcats getting traded for Okafor who was healthy and that makes him some sort of waiver player? The next year he wins a championship and the next year he helps the Knicks get back into the playoffs. He doesn't sound very good at all :rolleyes:

9 and 9 isnt even decent for a player that has been put up on a pedestal by fans like yourself

anything short of a 14 and 10 season is not adequate for the money he makes

just being a "defender/rebounder" is so overrated on PSD it makes me want to vomit

yes Defense and rebounding win championships and help winning teams but finding a guy who can play defense or rebound is a lot easier than finding players who can score efficiently consistently

NYtilIdie
07-26-2012, 05:02 PM

So are we just going to act like the 08-09 Hornets squad never existed?

NYtilIdie
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM
9 and 9 isnt even decent for a player that has been put up on a pedestal by fans like yourself

just being a "defender/rebounder" is so overrated on PSD it makes me want to vomit

yes Defense and rebounding win championships and help winning teams but finding a guy who can play defense or rebound is a lot easier than finding players who can score efficiently consistently

Is that because your center does neither?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
better? maybe, possibly, its debatable

but

clearly? you are nuts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=willide01&y1=2012&p2=paulch01&y2=2012

How is this even debateable? Factor in that Paul raises the level of his teammate play simply by being on the floor more than any other PG in the game, and it's clearly, yes.

LTBaByyy
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Is that because your center does neither?

:clap: He mad

Jason Collins played better defense and rebounding for Nets than Lopez ever has

Lopez won't even avg 20 pts anymore either

He has never played with D Will Joe Johnson Wallace Brooks, players that just likes to score

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM

So does not rebounding 10% of all available misses and not guarding anyone ever commands a max? That is what your center just got. While I love Lopez's scoring ability, I would personally take Chandler all day, any day over him from 2010-2014.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
So does not rebounding 10% of all available misses and not guarding anyone ever commands a max? That is what your center just got. While I love Lopez's scoring ability, I would personally take Chandler all day, any day over him from 2010-2014.

you will see his PPG go down but I expect his defense and rebounding to go up since the load wont be on him anymore

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=willide01&y1=2012&p2=paulch01&y2=2012

How is this even debateable? Factor in that Paul raises the level of his teammate play simply by being on the floor more than any other PG in the game, and it's clearly, yes.

im sorry man but those numbers are too close to say one player is "clearly" better than the other

LTBaByyy
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Lopez will avg 12 and 6next year guaranteed! That's if he is healthy too

Magic won't trade for that lol

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
you will see his PPG go down but I expect his defense and rebounding to go up since the load wont be on him anymore

Oh, I stuck up for Lopez in the contract thread, but as I said, rebounding and defense are far more important in today's NBA from the center position, something Brook has shown to be very weak at outside having only a slightly below average rebound rate his first year.

Anyways, this is going in circles. I think most disagree with you on your stance regarding Chandler.

LTBaByyy
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Lopez would be a good PF, he reminds me of Bargs! Same exact player (Scores, No defense, No rebounds)

But as a center they both are horrible

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
you done baiting yet?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
im sorry man but those numbers are too close to say one player is "clearly" better than the other

what are you talking about?
PER- Paul by 6.3
TS%- Paul by 1.7%
Rebrate- Paul by 3%
Assistrate-Paul by 4%
Stealrate-Paul more then doubles him up
TO%- Paul 3.6% lower
Offrtg- Paul by 9 points, with an ELITE offensive rating
Win shares (they have been in the leage the same amount of time)- Paul by 38
WS/48- Paul by over .100

That is a LARGE gap, Paul wins at everything, blowing him out of the water in some. He is also regarded a much better defender, and as I said, his teammates efficiency and level of play directly rise when he is on the floor.

Paul's simple rating is 14.7 (ELITE), which measure his PER versus his counter, plus his +/- adjusted rating. Deron is at 2.9, third on his own team this season. The Clippers were 14.3 points per 100 possessions better with Paul on the floor, the Nets +8.9 overall with Deron on the floor.

Simply put, Deron at one time had a STRONG case for 2nd best PG in the league, but those days are most likely over.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Lopez would be a good PF, he reminds me of Bargs! Same exact player (Scores, No defense, No rebounds)

But as a center they both are horrible

chill out.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
you forget what team deron played on for the last 2 years? lol

TeamSeattle
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
what are you talking about?
PER- Paul by 6.3
TS%- Paul by 1.7%
Rebrate- Paul by 3%
Assistrate-Paul by 4%
Stealrate-Paul more then doubles him up
TO%- Paul 3.6% lower
Offrtg- Paul by 9 points, with an ELITE offensive rating
Win shares (they have been in the leage the same amount of time)- Paul by 38
WS/48- Paul by over .100

That is a LARGE gap, Paul wins at everything, blowing him out of the water in some. He is also regarded a much better defender, and as I said, his teammates efficiency and level of play directly rise when he is on the floor.

Paul's simple rating is 14.7 (ELITE), which measure his PER versus his counter, plus his +/- adjusted rating. Deron is at 2.9, third on his own team this season. The Clippers were 14.3 points per 100 possessions better with Paul on the floor, the Nets +8.9 overall with Deron on the floor.

Simply put, Deron at one time had a STRONG case for 2nd best PG in the league, but those days are most likely over.

Dang Hawkeye you didn't have to do him like that lol

TheNumber37
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
whoa... 10 mil per, not. not even full mle. maybe 3 years
10 mil, 2 team options

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
you forget what team deron played on for the last 2 years? lol

did you forget how crappy some of the talent around Paul was for a few years?

Bad teams don't have much of an effect on advanced numbers, outside of Defensive ratings, of which I don't use. See: Kevin Love.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
and btw I never ever go by advanced stats... I am totally against them in every sport but baseball and even in baseball they are starting to get crazy with how advanced they are getting

whats so hard about looking at the regular stats that basketball has used for years?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:38 PM
and btw I never ever go by advanced stats... I am totally against them in every sport but baseball and even in baseball they are starting to get crazy with how advanced they are getting

whats so hard about looking at the regular stats that basketball has used for years?

regular stats are archaic and no longer needed. If you don't use advanced stats, why are you against them? It will limit your understanding the metrics of the sport.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
many times, I find those resilient to embrace advanced statistics have either not spent the time learning exactly what they mean, or even more common, their favorite players are put into perspective, and show to not be as good as they percieved.

jmoney85
07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
many times, I find those resilient to embrace advanced statistics have either not spent the time learning exactly what they mean, or even more common, their favorite players are put into perspective, and show to not be as good as they percieved.

what about the bad players that look good with advanced stats.... thats why advanced stats arent as common

thekmp211
07-26-2012, 06:00 PM
what about the bad players that look good with advanced stats.... thats why advanced stats arent as common

lmao i have to ask who in the hell you are referring to?

stats, all stats, require context and perspective. but rigid per game numbers have been conclusively debunked as a good way to measure quality and efficiency.

NYtilIdie
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM

:laugh: this is just awesome!

NYtilIdie
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah, Rondo averaged more assists than CP3, he's so much better!

akia83
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Better and cheaper than Batum, great move by the Wolves.
And as you can guess, I'm a big fan of Batum.

JasonJohnHorn
07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
This is a crazy amount of money to pay him... and who are they trying to out bid for that kind of money. He was only getting 4mil in Russia... they could have offered him 10mil for two years and still been offering him more than in Russia, but they jack the price up to 20mil for two years? WTF?!?! I like AK47 and think he makes any team better, but 10mil per for him is just crazy! He must have a helluva agent.

topdog
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
This is a crazy amount of money to pay him... and who are they trying to out bid for that kind of money. He was only getting 4mil in Russia... they could have offered him 10mil for two years and still been offering him more than in Russia, but they jack the price up to 20mil for two years? WTF?!?! I like AK47 and think he makes any team better, but 10mil per for him is just crazy! He must have a helluva agent.

Somewhere I heard that CSKA raised their offer for him to return. Remember, that was the lockout price and he had wanted to return to Russia for a few years. I look at it as a $7M discount from his last NBA contract :p

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 07:58 PM

give me an example please.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Somewhere I heard that CSKA raised their offer for him to return. Remember, that was the lockout price and he had wanted to return to Russia for a few years. I look at it as a $7M discount from his last NBA contract :p

He was said to be seeking $8/per. Typical 20% overpay for a non-contender, even though when I saw the deal, I winced.