PDA

View Full Version : Morris vs Goudelock

clifborder4fm
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
during the summer league game against the clippers I heard the announcers talk about for a bit who will back up Blake (hopefully replace) this season in case Blake goes down with an injury between Glock and Morris..

also found this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1265723-la-lakers-andrew-goudelock-raising-questions-for-lakers-at-summer-league

So after watching summer league play and last season, if you guys had to choose one, who would it be between Glock and Morris?

Rocco007
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't think Goudelock will make the team this year...He'll get cut or traded...

LakeShowRaiders
07-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Morris, his shot isnt there yet. but he makes up for it by getting to the basket. i think he will be a solid back in a year or 2. i would take our cahnces on him this year over steve blake. Nash could mentor him while on his way out the door

49ersLALSFGiant
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Glock is more of a shooting guard, I don't feel comfortable at the thought of him running the offense. Morris has the potential to be a solid pg, he'll get that spot. I still think glock should be on this team tho, kid can flat out stroke it..I wouldn't mind Nash, glock at 2, and Kobe at 3 lineup once in a while he would get some open jumpers

Mave1002
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Glock is more of a shooting guard, I don't feel comfortable at the thought of him running the offense. Morris has the potential to be a solid pg, he'll get that spot. I still think glock should be on this team tho, kid can flat out stroke it..I wouldn't mind Nash, glock at 2, and Kobe at 3 lineup once in a while he would get some open jumpers

Agree. Ive said this so many times before:

Shooters and PFs flourish under the system of Steve Nash.

I think Glock never got the shots he wanted with the standard playmaking skills of Sessions so..

Well have to wait and see.

clifborder4fm
07-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Morris: Pts 2.4 Reb 0.8 Ast 1.1
Glock: Pts 4.4 Reb 0.8 Ast 0.5

Yeah I don't think Morris had 1 double digit scoring game this last season, while Glock had 6 of them.. but not being a true pg, if Glock can learn the position he could be a bigger threat. At the same time though, Morris' shooting % was way higher than Glock's during the season..

lakeshow12
07-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I think Morris and Eyenga will definitely be on the team this year, and eventually Sacre. Goudelock, just didn't impress at all in Summer League. If we don't sign a backup guard for Kobe soon, Eyenga could get that spot. He was decent, and just as good as what it is left in free agency.

Avenged
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Give me G-lock and his floater!

I don't want neither of them running the point, but I am not a fan of Morris and he was not impressive last season. Goudelock at least showed a bit of flashes.

ThunderousDemon
07-25-2012, 12:35 PM

I don't want neither of them running the point, but I am not a fan of Morris and he was not impressive last season. Goudelock at least showed a bit of flashes.

Morris showed more potential when they were playing in the summer league earlier.

Iron24th
07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I think Morris will play ahead of glock.

Mcdoh
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
morris had a great summer league stats than glock... but im still stick with glock.. i believe he still can be a deadly shooter..

mizo21
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Summer league is full of non nba types glad Morris is showing up vs Adam Morrison n Mateen Cleaves....Glock showed he could score in games that mattered vs NBA defenses and when his confidence was up he shot the ball well I think in the right rotation he is more suited to be a solid 2...Steve Blake although low on my list as well would school Morris any day of the week..I don't even see him taking over in the NBDL hopefully in a few years he will be ready. I do agree that Glock shouldn't run the point often maybe in a pinch..

Chavacano
07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Goochie Lock.

Morris showed more potential when they were playing in the summer league earlier.

But... But... But GLock showed more from playing 20+ minutes off the bench last season.

The_Great_One
07-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Sorry but our rookies and our bench are crap for the most part. Our starters can't take a rest and have the bench hold a lead. We have the most odd band of misfits in the league with zero chemistry and zeal for the game. I say keep Jamison and Hill and blow up the bench and the rookies. They make me cringe to look at them especially Murphy what a stiff and a half. All these garbage players never would have made the Jerry Buss / Jerry West squads of yor. This is the spoiled brat son trying to protect his inheritance money by going cheap and cutting corners. I don't care if we're $30 Mil over he cap you either go big or stay at home. When you're that much over the cap what's a few Mil here and there for some quality players? It's like pocket change when you run in those circles.

The_Great_One
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Goochie Lock.

But... But... But GLock showed more from playing 20+ minutes off the bench last season.

Not only that the Summer league is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the NBA regular season at all whatsoever exclamation point exclamation point!!!!

1DaBread
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I hate to say it but DFish is out of water.... Sad to be true but it is.

clifborder4fm
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
agree that summer league play doesn't necessarily translate to nba play. Although Glock had some nice games last season, I still like the fact that Morris had a higher shooting percentage. Show's he was smart with his shot selection.. but he did have more turnovers than G..

Wish we could combined these two guys.. a solid player would come out

KillaInstinct24
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
they both suck

mufridaz
07-25-2012, 02:12 PM
lets remember in summer league glock was trying to play point something he has never done before.

glock's problem is he's 6'2 and to be a nba shooting guard you need to be around 6'6 or so. if glock is on defense verses a taller 2 they can just post him up.

but glock can get minutes if whoever the backup point is can guard glock's man on defesne.

of course glock's percentage will be lower than morris if morris is dunking/layups and glock is shooting 3's. in summer league they didn't have pau/bynum to take the attention so they were on the shooters more making shots harder.

this is what i think the rotation might look like...

nash 30 min; blake 18 min; morris 0 min; odom 0 min
kobe 33 min; glock 10 minutes; ebanks 5 minutes
mwp 24 min; jamison 12 min; ebanks 12 min; eyenga 0 min
pau 35 min; jamison 10 min (PF/C)
bynum 35 min; hill 16 min

i think we need one more guy either upgrade at combo guard or at SF.

right now we have 15 guys on roster considering both odom and sacre make the team

nash/blake/morris/odom
kobe/glock
mwp/ebanks/eyenga
pau/jamison/mcroberts
bynum/jordan hill/sacre

lets say we add another player who gets traded or cut?

if we get D12 we will probally get j. richardson does he play both 2 and 3? but will probally loose ebanks or mwp in that trade.

i would like us to make one small move to get one more solid player just in case the D12 trade never happens.

hopefully we can trade mcroberts and maybe a young player for something decent.

THE_LOGO
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Morris doesn't have NBA game or even PG skills for that matter. If he can't even orchestrate and set up teammates in summer league, how would he do it in the NBA? He looks lost setting up the offense and doesn't know where to go. Then he tries to drive in because his outside shooting is horrendous. He doesn't have a shot at lasting long in the league so he better save his QO he got from the Lakers. Is it guaranteed btw? If so, what a waste of space and hopefully he'd be part of a package in a trade that I do not dare speak of.

G-lock on the other hand is not a PG either. Perhaps in the triangle he'd be effective. All he'd have to to is bring the ball up and go to the open space. He has a nice shot and can even penetrate with that tear drop. I can see him finding a spot on another team if the Lakers choose not to retain him.

Trueblue2
07-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Morris all day, wider skill set and a better fit with our line up. He needs to work on his shot, but he can beat people off the dribble and get to the rim and kick it out to an open man. His game [although FAR less refined] is very rondo-esque, if he puts it together and gets rid of the jitters that come along with playing in LA spotlights he can be our STARTING PG somewhere down the line. I know he's raw and think he should play the majority of the season in the d-league, but if we're involved in a trade and they want two of our young guards we keep Morris 100 times out of 100.

New Power House
07-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Bleacher's report? Are you closing this one? It is really worth it?

KobeOwnSU
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Reeves Nelson.

MickeyMgl
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't think Goudelock will make the team this year...He'll get cut or traded...

That's nuts. In addition to showing a lot of promise as a rookie, his value - specifically his shooting - went up with the acquisition of Steve Nash. He also showed an ability to create his own shot.

kobeonekenobe
07-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Keep Odom over the both of them... He has qualities they both posses, he can shoot the 3, create his own shot and drive to the hoop.

See how he progresses over the next few years

sp1derm00
07-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Morris will back up Nash/Blake while Goudelock will back up Kobe.

While Goudelock alongside Nash means we would have an undersized 2, not many teams in the league would be able to take advantage of that as there aren't that many killer SG's in the game these days.

gocoachmike
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM

I agree! I heard he wasn't even in shape! I wonder about his level of comittment... D.Morris I hear he is in great shape and I think he will get more minutes this season. When we drafted him,I had hoped he would replace Blake. Blake is garbage and I hope he gets traded somehow. Goudelock will probably get cut...

Aust
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Neither got much PT, but we need a backup SG and I've always thought of GLock as a SG not a PG.

STL Don
07-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I would rather keep Morris and try to acquire either a combo guard or small forward.
I think Nash can help him out a bit.

truplayer199
07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
That's nuts. In addition to showing a lot of promise as a rookie, his value - specifically his shooting - went up with the acquisition of Steve Nash. He also showed an ability to create his own shot.

Agree. However, the fact that his contract is not guaranteed make him a likely candidate to be cut. The lakers will have 12 players under contract, before any trades or any more FA signing. Ebanks likely to be back, plus Morris and Eyenga contracts are guaranteed. Ebanks will probably see a lot of minutes at the 2 spot.

cg_la00
07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I agree! I heard he wasn't even in shape! I wonder about his level of comittment... D.Morris I hear he is in great shape and I think he will get more minutes this season. When we drafted him,I had hoped he would replace Blake. Blake is garbage and I hope he gets traded somehow. Goudelock will probably get cut...

what are you talking about? goudelock had lost weight during the off season

mufridaz
07-29-2012, 12:49 AM
yea glock lost like 15 lbs

and

morris put on 20 lbs of muscle. morris is a pass first guard. remember he was one of the top assist leaders in college. glock is shoot first guard.

morris is tall pg and fast and could guard the elite pg's if anyone can if he works on it. glock isn't as fast but is faster than blake lol. morris just needs more time to develop he still has potential. glock did 4 yrs in college right? so think he's more mature and ready.