KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fak_wv3uoM

Lakeshow24KB
07-25-2012, 03:53 AM
Swag

Odominator
07-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Damn, everything he wears is so clean. Reminds me of the trend ushered in by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, I miss those times.

JDMVP
07-25-2012, 04:01 AM
One the BEST big man little man combo ever
DYNASTY
SHAQ AND KOBE!

Wade>You
07-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Looking back how Jerry West used to always get the best players, that guy was the man. He's done so much for that organization, he truly is Mr. Laker.

asandhu23
07-25-2012, 04:35 AM
I am sure there have been other "Original Decisions"

Wade>You
07-25-2012, 04:45 AM
I am sure there have been other "Original Decisions"I think the Original Decision was Kareem going to LA. He was the first superstar to start the movement, IIRC.

Losoway
07-25-2012, 05:01 AM
lol shaq left to la to be famous ..nothing to do with basketball

asandhu23
07-25-2012, 05:19 AM
I think the original decision was Chamberlain's decision on college. He says in his autobiography that everyone was all hyped up over where he was going to go to college. When he chose Kansas over a local college in Philly, people thought he got bought out by Kansas and NCAA officials were stalking his every move to tie him into a scandal.

asandhu23
07-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Its funny how his final two choices for colleges were Kansas and Dayton. WTF happened to Dayton?

After seriously considering Dayton, Michigan, Indiana, and Kansas Universities he chose Kansas because of the recruiting by Hall of Fame coach Phog Allen.

http://www.answers.com/topic/wilt-chamberlain

Kevj77
07-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Looking back how Jerry West used to always get the best players, that guy was the man. He's done so much for that organization, he truly is Mr. Laker.I loved Jerry West. He truely is Mr. Laker.

As a Lakers fan though I think a lot of other Lakers fans give Mitch a bad wrap. West took over a team as GM that already had Kareem and Magic, but he was also lucky enough to have the #1 pick in the draft (as defending NBA champs the only time that has ever happened) from a trade the previous GM made and he picked Worthy. These days that pick would have been lottery protected.

Also Shaq would have been a restricted free agent and there is no way Orlando doesn't match. Kobe would have had to play one year in college and has said he would have picked Duke. There is no way Kobe goes 13 if he goes to college he would have been the #1 pick.

It's a different NBA.

Leftcoast_yg
07-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Who were the 2 players Jerry West was talking about he had to trade away to bring in Shaq?

Chavacano
07-25-2012, 12:01 PM
So LeBron's decision's a sequel? Or a reboot? :confused:

:p

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Who were the 2 players Jerry West was talking about he had to trade away to bring in Shaq?Anthony Peeler and George Lynch to Vancouver.

nicegoing
07-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Why did you choose the Lakers instead of Los Angeles?

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I think the Original Decision was Kareem going to LA. He was the first superstar to start the movement, IIRC.

Not quite. Kareem was traded to LA from the Bucks. And yes, Kareem did DEMAND a trade to either LA or NY. (Dwight, are you listening???)

So ultimately, Dwight can't win. If he goes to LA as a free agent, he's mirroring Shaq. If he goes to the Lakers in a trade, he's imitating Kareem and Chamberlain. :D :D :D

Hellcrooner
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Who were the 2 players Jerry West was talking about he had to trade away to bring in Shaq?

Divac for sure, and i think he traded campbell too.

LongWayFromHome
07-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I remember this happening and thinking it was a big deal but I didn't knwo why (I was 9).

kingkenny01
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Not quite. Kareem was traded to LA from the Bucks. And yes, Kareem did DEMAND a trade to either LA or NY. (Dwight, are you listening???)

So ultimately, Dwight can't win. If he goes to LA as a free agent, he's mirroring Shaq. If he goes to the Lakers in a trade, he's imitating Kareem and Chamberlain. :D :D :D

agreed

ChicagoRox
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Wow they raised tickets prices from $9 to $21. I hate you inflation.

ikeryder13
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I thought everyone knew Shaq made all his money in college haha haha

The goods
07-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Shaq talked about working on his free throws his entire career and they never improved. Lol

The goods
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Wow they raised tickets prices from $9 to $21. I hate you inflation.

That's what I said but I'd gladly pay it, if it meant 3 more champions,ill just tell my kids that Santa comes in June. Lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Divac for sure, and i think he traded campbell too.

very disappointed in you Croonie. You should know your Lakers history. Everyone knew Vlade was traded for Kobe to make room for Shaq. But ultimately, it was the salary dumps of George Lynch and Anthony Peeler that ultimately got Shaq. Those were the two guys that Jerry traded away to ultimately make that 7 yr 120M offer. Also, we didn't trade Campbell away until 99 with Eddie Jones to get Rice and Reid. #historylesson

Chronz
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
very disappointed in you Croonie. You should know your Lakers history. Everyone knew Vlade was traded for Kobe to make room for Shaq. But ultimately, it was the salary dumps of George Lynch and Anthony Peeler that ultimately got Shaq. Those were the two guys that Jerry traded away to ultimately make that 7 yr 120M offer. Also, we didn't trade Campbell away until 99 with Eddie Jones to get Rice and Reid. #historylesson

Why you talking about history when you ****ed up your Laker history not too long ago?

People dont have to remember all the frivolities of life, unless your me.

amos1er
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
If Dwight wants to follow in the footsteps of great centers like Wilt, Kareem, Mikan, and Shaq he will come to LA and win some rings like they did.

If he wants to be a fool and join the ranks of other centers who never won rings or won one or two in the tail end of their careers when they had to ride the coattails of others like Ewing, Robinson, Moses Malone, Walt Bellamy, Bob Lanier, and Bill Walton, than he can keep being stupid and wanting to go to Brooklyn. :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Why you talking about history when you ****ed up your Laker history not too long ago?

People dont have to remember all the frivolities of life, unless your me.

I'm not bashing him, I'm correcting him. Croonie is my hero.

You sir please get off my back.

De Nada. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
If Dwight wants to follow in the footsteps of great centers like Wilt, Kareem, Mikan, and Shaq he will come to LA and win some rings like they did.

If he wants to be a fool and join the ranks of other centers who never won rings or won one or two in the tail end of their careers when they had to ride the coattails of others like Ewing, Robinson, Moses Malone, Walt Bellamy, Bob Lanier, and Bill Walton, than he can keep being stupid and wanting to go to Brooklyn. :facepalm:

Actually, Bill Walton won in Portland in the late 70s before he ring chased Boston. Moses actually catapulted the Sixers in '83 over the Lakers and won league and Finals MVP that yr despite him being the new guy and despite it being "Dr. J's" team.

David Robinson never really ring chased, he just lucked out with the Spurs getting the #1 overall pick and getting Timmy.

EasternStar
07-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Funny Shaq Parody Scene on Mad TV: Wizard Of Oz Spoof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl_ctXDMn_U&feature=related
3:29-3:39
POOR Shaq. :laugh:

MrFastBreak
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Damn, everything he wears is so clean. Reminds me of the trend ushered in by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, I miss those times.

So do I.

koganei
07-26-2012, 11:47 PM
lol shaq left to la to be famous ..nothing to do with basketball

NO MAN KOBE IS THE REASON HE LEFT
HE WAS DISAPPOINTED ON HOW
MUCH OF A BALLHOG KOBE IS IN THE
2004 FINALS against DETROIT

dh144498
07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
NO MAN KOBE IS THE REASON HE LEFT
HE WAS DISAPPOINTED ON HOW